[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Patches
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 83
File: 1467983195426_0.png (274 KB, 1000x1086) Image search: [Google]
1467983195426_0.png
274 KB, 1000x1086
Hello there elegan/tg/entlemen, I'm from /k/ where we have a general for niche market patch patches, including anime, movies, vidya, and /k/ memes.

It's a fairly lengthy process, doesn't make much money, and is a labor of love, but a few /k/ommandos run stores that supply these patches to us.

I'm here today because an anon posted pic related, and it sparked an idea. As a former fa/tg/uy, I'm thinking about creating, compiling, and making patches that are /tg/ themed, focusing on 40k for right now, that are grounded in modern day patch aesthetics and design.

I'm here to gauge interest, since you guys are pretty much the target market, and to gather thoughts and opinions. Let me know what you'd like to see, if you'd buy patches that are /tg/ themed, if you think it's a good idea, and just your general thoughts on the matter.

For reference, most patches run about $3.99-$5.99, depending on size.
>>
File: 1467761789161.png (181 KB, 714x1035) Image search: [Google]
1467761789161.png
181 KB, 714x1035
>>48177291
>niche market patch patches
Goddamn it. Off to a great start already. Proof read your posts kids.

Anyway, pic related is another example, this time LOTR themed.

Note that I did not make these designs and they are not indicative of final products. This is just a kernel of an idea I've come up with, this isn't even in the "beginning" stage yet. I'm just here to see if I should pursue it any further or not. That being said, I'm very excited at the prospect, and hope this receives a good response, as it's something I'd very much like to see, and do.
>>
File: 20160705_222634-1.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160705_222634-1.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>48177341
Pic related are patches that I already own and have sewn on to things, for reference. They are hook and loop backed, and very high quality, durable patches, which I intend to replicate should I start making patches.

>forgot to turn name back on
Batting 1000 here already.
>>
>>48177291
The price is about right... do you need minimum quantities to make a run or anything? What about design costs?
>>
>>48177291
Hello to our friend from /k/! Sounds like a fabulous idea, friend. I'd personally be down for a few battletech patches, if you're able/willing to make them. Depends on the logistics, of course.

Watching this with great interest.
>>
>>48177291
Posting for interest.
40k Space Marine patches alone should be a sizeable market, and that's without going into varieties of dragons.
>>
>>48177291
Delta Green patch?
>>
I wear vests and jackets with patches on them and I'd wear the fuck out of some /tg/ patches, especially 40k shit and a dank meme if it was subtle enough.

Hopefully this thread picks up.
>>
>>48177805
Wouldn't that literally be a green triangle with nothing else? Somehow I feel you can already get those.
>>
>>48177661
No earthly idea honestly, but my fellow /k/omrades have been making patches for a long while now and have it down, so I'm confident in the ability to get information on it.

To be honest, I'm looking to just cover my costs. I like "nerd gear" and I feel like there's a fairly large market that can be catered to on a small scale that isn't being catered to right now. I want to share the feeling I got when I found a "WITNESS ME," tab and an Outer Haven patch. Shits cool, yo.
>>48177700
Battletech wasn't even something I'd considered, and wouldn't require a whole lot of tweaking designs and what not. If you have some pictures of existing logos/patches upload them and I'll take a look.
>>48177786
Indeed, that's why I was thinking of starting there. Could make some really cool SOF patches out of the sneakier units like Alpha Legion and Catachans. And yes, I do intend to do First and Only and Blood pact patches as well.
>>48177805
I'm not familiar, lay it on me
>>48177867
If there was enough demand for murder/k/ube and AVE NEX ALEA patches, I'm sure there's got to be interest in 40k stuff. And I hear you, I wear that OD green shirt everywhere now, especially gun shows and the range. Definitely getting more patches for it, got some in the mail as we speak actually.
>>
>>48177904
Ah. Well, maybe it can be redesigned to be more dank?
>>
File: 91vYNlc1HGL._UY700_.jpg (141 KB, 933x700) Image search: [Google]
91vYNlc1HGL._UY700_.jpg
141 KB, 933x700
Well, while I'm waiting for the thread to pick up or fall off the board, I'll give some back story to the "morale patch" phenomenon.

If you've ever seen a Vietnam war movie, you're aware that soldier used to write nihilistic and offensive quotes and sayings on their helmet covers. Pilots and tankers in WWII painted pin up girls on their vehicles, and sarcastic remarks on bombs. This is a phenomenon that has gone on for a long time, and helps the individual soldier cope with overwhelming uniformity by allowing them a modicum of individual expression.

Fast forward to today. Defacing government property is frowned upon, and helmets, vehicles and weapons are government property. Unit logos and identifiers may be displayed, but due to the insistence on strict professionalism, they must not be vulgar or offensive. Enter morale patches.

Everything in the modern military is covered in Velcro for is modularity and durability. So you usually end up with a lot of empty real estate of the loop part of Velcro because ounces=pounds and generally soldiers try to minimize what they wear to bear necessities. So, you find a patch that says something funny or has a cool logo, you sew some hook tape on the back, and you wear it. Punisher skulls and the like. That way you look a little different, but can simply yank it off and stick it in your pocket when the Colonel comes around for inspection. Other soldiers saw them, and a market was born.

Now everyday clothing items have Velcro sewn to them to allow customization, most noticeably hats, but also bags and jackets and other things. Patches ranges are also huge, from any flag you could want, to offensive, tongue in cheek logos (pic related), to movie quotes.

Now niche businesses such as the Crimson Caravan company, and Skinwalker Supply Co. are making small batches of custom designed patches for communities such as /k/.
>>
>>48178373
The application for /k/ommandos is obvious, since we like to basically LARP with live ammo and expensive gear. What separates men and boys is simply the cost of their toys, after all. Sure, there's plenty of training value and practice to be had, and plenty of /k/omrades are genuinely preparing for any sort of happening, but at the end of the day we do it because it's fun, and it looks cool.

Patches are put on hats, such as my beret and ball cap above, they are put on Plate Carriers and military surplus uniforms to completely personalize them. And we want niche patches because, let's face it, we're all in a niche being on 4chan in the first place. Everyone knows that Mil-spec monkey sells patches, and every normie from here to California has them stuck to his range bag. We want to be unique in the community, just as much as soldiers wish for individuality in the field. A lot of us are former soldiers after all.

Now how does this translate to /tg/? Well, simple, really. We like to play soldier. You guys like to play General. Say you have a Blood Ravens Army, a World Eaters Army, and an Orc Army. How sweet would it be to pack your Army up in your bag, take it to your FLGS, and have a patch with a logo for your Army that no one has seen before? And then when you show up next week with your other one, there's another patch in the same spot? Not only would it be unique, YOU would have helped make it. You guys are the market and the community, so I intend to make what you want. Feedback is the name of the game here, and the spirit of the business.

To be perfectly clear, I'm not asking for any investment other than opinions, thoughts and suggestions. I'm not looking to make a business to feed my family, I have an actual job for that, I'd be happy with breaking even. I'm not even asking for guaranteed sales ot pre orders. All I want to know is if you guys would be into it, before I invest time, effort and money into making patches.
>>
I would buy an Eldar one, if you would make one? Also I'd buy the shit out of an Imperial Eagle, or a Ravenwing patch.
>>
>>48178597

I think, as you stated, it would be a very niche market you'd be selling to. This is true even among fa/tg/uys who can already access logos, and the like that pertain to their hobbies.

It's a neat hobby, but I don't think it's a good product to try to market even at such a small scale.
>>
>>48178597
Between levity and seriousness, /k/'s SHTF threads are one of the many, many reasons I'm glad I don't live in the States.
Some of you people are crazy.
>>
>>48178597
what are some /k/ patch stores besides kommandostore?
>>
>>48178758
You can check their thread on /k/, they've got a pastebin in their OP post with all the stores in 'em.

>>30512116
>>
>>48178849
Hmm. That's not quite right, is it.

Anyway, here's the pastebin at the very least.

http://pastebin.com/cXZTGafD
>>
>>48178690
It's up to what y'all want, honestly. If I could get 20 people saying they'd like an Eldar patch then that could be justified for a small batch.
>>48178721
Niche among a niche, I know. But you can get very small batches of patches (I hate that that rhymes) made, and I'm basically just looking to sell them at cost. I could even do like NEETguy and operate completely over 4chan and email.
>>48178727
Well, we're free to be crazy, and there's a good chunk of Non-Americans on /k/ as well. Maybe not as much as other boards, but they're there. It's not just about prepping and SHTF threads, there's plenty of military discussions, and even one general dedicated to surplus camo collecting.
>>48178758
Check the pastebin like >>48178868 said, there's also the thread itself that you can check out, there's a lot of WiP patches to check out as well.
>>
>>48177291
It's certainly a cool idea /k/-anon, and I wish you well with it - it reminds me of band patches for metal bands, and given the overlap I'm somewhat surprised /tg/ patches aren't a thing (a 40k + Sabbaton or Iron Maiden patch would probably be the ultimate tg/k/metal trifecta)

Just mind how you go with GW stuff, it'll likely be a contender for the biggest market (along with MtG), but GW are infamously litigious
>>
>>48179065
I was thinking about the litigation angle, and haven't decided how to proceed with that yet. The most I would get at first would be a C&D, and I'm not worried about that. One way that crossed my mind would be to post here in a thread with pictures like the one in the OP, which would make them hypothetical and "fanart". Attach my email to the post, have a catalog of the actual patches that I can send to potential buyers, conduct the transaction over PayPal. No muss no fuss, no evidence.

I'm pretty sure that's how one of the guys from /k/ does it anyway, though I can't remember why.
>>
>>48177946
Green triangle with black delta?
>>
>>48179315
This is going to sound incredibly ironic, but I haven't been around /tg/ since about 2012 when I got out of the Army, which is when I started browsing /k/. Sounds backwards I know, but I had a D&D group in the Army, and wasn't particularly interested in guns and such since I had to work with them and do all the tacticool stuff for real. When I got out, I couldn't find a group that wasn't full pants on head retarded, and I started missing shooting and all of that. So I hung up my fa/tg/uy cloak and donned my /k/ommando war paint.

Point is, I'm out of the loop on dank /tg/ memes. I even missed Virt (?) though I did get to enjoy antman. Only time I've come back is to lurk draw threads. So I might need to be redpilled to make some dank ass patches.

Also, do you mean DELTA, or just D, for which the phonetic code is delta? D would be more subtle, especially in a military themed patch. You definitely want that "aha" moment for people who know what it is, but not so dank that even those familiar will be puzzled.
>>
File: jade_falcon.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
jade_falcon.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1600
>>48177926
GREEN BURD STRONK!
>>
>>48179496
Now see that doesn't really need any tweaking at all aside from color maybe, if desired. OD or "subdued" patches are all the rage now. That's a bitchin ass patch.

Pic related, for example of regular/subdued
>>
>>48179553
>>48179496
Or perhaps, for ease of sewing, make a large circle surrounding the insignia, with a neutral background and scrolls at the top and bottom (or just the top/bottom) with the unit name, as in the OP pic. How many faction insignias are there for Battletech?
>>
File: 1467228724610.jpg (110 KB, 800x715) Image search: [Google]
1467228724610.jpg
110 KB, 800x715
>look over the thread
Jesus I didn't mean to write a fucking novel. Just excited I guess, I'll be lurking if anyone has questions, I'm going to chill the fuck out for a minute.
>>
File: BattletechAlignment.jpg (122 KB, 1024x819) Image search: [Google]
BattletechAlignment.jpg
122 KB, 1024x819
>>48179588
Here's some of the Great Houses logo's.
>>
File: Fullview_preview_large.jpg (986 KB, 900x1080) Image search: [Google]
Fullview_preview_large.jpg
986 KB, 900x1080
>>48179681
This ones a tad bit better, it's got some of the logo's of the clans in there.
>>
If I wear an Aquila, I'm going to be taken for a neo-nazi and stabbed to death. I'd buy an Inquisitorial I, though, or a Mechanicus skull, if that level of detail is even possible.
>>
>>48179866
Yes, I've seen one of those actually. The =I= that is. It's fuckhueg though. And the Imperial eagle doesn't look much like the Nazi eagle, and even if someone mistook it for one most people don't fuck with folks who wear Nazi symbols openly.

I also intend to redesign a lot of symbols to look more like modern military insignia. Look that the pic in the OP for example.
>>48179792
Those are pretty solid but yeesh, there's a lot of them. Which ones would you say are most popular?
>>
>>48179993
>Which ones would you say are most popular
I'm going to go out on a limb and say the four that were in MW4.
>>
File: 1467161129699.gif (1 MB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
1467161129699.gif
1 MB, 260x260
>>48180288
>idontknowwhatyouretalkingabout.jpg
See
>>48179469
I'm out of the loop man
>>
>>48180582
The clans in Mechwarrior 4, Mercs at least, were Kell Hounds, Wolf's Dragoons, Gray Death Legion, and Northwind Highlanders. Which, being mercenary groups, don't show up on that image of clans.

The only clans in that game were Steiner and Davion, which are the fist in both images and the sword-on-sun in the upper left of >>48179792
>>
File: Untitled.png (12 KB, 451x147) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12 KB, 451x147
>>48180705
Here's Kell Hounds, Gray Death, and Highlanders.
The Dragoons pic on the wiki was too big for the compilation.

It's at http://www.sarna.net/wiki/images/7/72/Wdragoons.gif
>>
>>48180829
Hmm, those would require major tweaking, especially the Grey Death one. I'll see what I can fiddle with when I get to my computer, this will help people visualize my overall goal I believe.

Probably monitor this thread for the weekend, while working on a few mock-up patches from different games. I'm starting to formulate a plan, and hey even if it doesn't take off it'll be fun to flex my creative muscle.
>>
>>48179469
No, like a literal delta as in δ, or the triangle one.
>>
>>48180705
>mercs and great houses
>clans

ISHYGDDT

do the PURPLE BURD
>>
File: 1457820325236.jpg (809 KB, 1759x1884) Image search: [Google]
1457820325236.jpg
809 KB, 1759x1884
So, like this?
>>
>>48181470
That's fuggin sweet m8
>>48181408
That would be Uber dank, sounds good
>>48181427
/k/ warned me about this, and I didn't listen. What is this Purple BURD you speak of?
>>
>>48181563
>That's fuggin sweet m8
That's good, because I've got no idea where I found it or what it's about.

My best guess is that it was something made for the old /tg/ meta quest.
>>
File: Proyectiles de honda, inscritos.jpg (211 KB, 800x351) Image search: [Google]
Proyectiles de honda, inscritos.jpg
211 KB, 800x351
>>48178373
>This is a phenomenon that has gone on for a long time

Pic related.
>>
yeah, i'd buy the fuck out of some 40k patches.
>>Ideas:
>Imperial Aquilas (multiple because i'll buy like quite a few)
>Necron <something>
>Pre heresy horus eye thing
>Space Marine Helmet with variations
>Symbols of the Chaos Gods. I'm sure there's Interest in all of them, but I'm twitching for a Khorne and Slaanesh one. Tzeentch and Nurgle as well i guess.heh.
>Oh! and some IG stuff is sure draw interest but i'm not well versed in them so idk
>>
File: PURPLE BIRD WAIFU.jpg (98 KB, 846x1227) Image search: [Google]
PURPLE BIRD WAIFU.jpg
98 KB, 846x1227
>>48181563
best faction with best waifu
>>
File: 1464187082424.jpg (45 KB, 537x960) Image search: [Google]
1464187082424.jpg
45 KB, 537x960
>>48181620
It actually looks familiar, but I have no idea why. If we can figure it out I'll add it to the line up as is, providing the creator has no issue with it of course.
>>48181660
I wanted to cite something like that, but I know how /tg/ is and didn't want to be made to feel dumb. Also,
>TIPTOPKEK
>>48181714
Noted. I think 40k will bring in the . most people, it's got that kind of diehard fan base, so I'll probably lead with that. Start with IoM stuff, then work my way out to the other factions.
>>48181813
Aw SHIT, son. Don't drag me into waifu wars please.
>>
File: 20160606_215514.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
20160606_215514.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1840
Resident /k/ommando here.

Here are my patches that I've bought, some may be of intrest to my fellow fa/tg/uys.
>>
>>48177291
If I could get a 15th Siege Regiment variant of that, I'd be down in a heartbeat.
>>
>>48181905
>If we can figure it out I'll add it to the line up as is, providing the creator has no issue with it of course.
If we can figure out who the creator is and if he's still alive, sure.
>>
>>48181563
I would go for the Great Houses and maybe also the 8 Invading Clans. See http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Great_Houses and http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Clans#List_of_Clans

If you want to just get only a small subset probably the ones with the biggest audience are House Davion, Steiner, Clan Jade Falcon, and Clan Wolf - all had prominent video game/TV show appearances as well and are relatively less obscure.
>>
>>48178920
I'd buy a subtle Eldar patch, like a craftworld symbol or something
>>
>>48181942
Ayyy /k/omrade! Is it bad that I can name almost all of those patches?
>>48182047
There will most likely be only one version of each patch unless there is a large demand for a variant. That being said, it could very well be changed if people like the idea. Maybe the Guard Regiments should be named after their specialization, like Recon for Catachans, Heavy Infantry for Cadians, Siege for Kriegers. That'd be pretty cool.
>>48182755
Probably the best idea then, I guess I'll be making the rounds to the generals to see if there's a good bit of interest in it.
>>48182804
That's perfectly doable, at least one patch per faction to begin with, more focus on IoM to get people's attention.

Keep in mind that there's not going to be three dozen patches from the get go. I'll probably start with 1 or 2 as test runs, then do one at a time afterwards to build a collection. It'll take some time, but so do most good things.
>>
File: image.png (245 KB, 894x894) Image search: [Google]
image.png
245 KB, 894x894
>>48181942
Could you make one for the Adeptus Mechanicus?
>>
File: 1468011817733.png (288 KB, 1000x1086) Image search: [Google]
1468011817733.png
288 KB, 1000x1086
>>48183695
Would you want the 90's cartoon one like that, or a modernized-ish version.

Also, another 40K patch got posted, figured I'd share with you guys. Hopefully I'm not stepping on ol boys toes here.
>>
>>48183763
Modernized-ish would be awesome, that's just the first picture I could find
>>
>>48183451
>>48183763
I keep forgetting my name, which is counter productive. Guy that did the OP and >>48183763
is on board, so hopefully we can crank out some samples for sampling in later threads.
>>48184157
Excellent, I'm compiling a list of things people would like to see. I think an Adeptus patch would be a pretty popular choice, since their aesthetics are sexy as fuck.
>>
>>48184348
I've seen a full-color Mechanicus patch around, including on /k/ gear and patch threads.

Would it be a good idea to make a homegrown fan group like Star Wars' 501st Legion? Like an IG regiment or SM chapter?
>>
>>48184396
>The 283rd Militarum Irregulars
>"Scrappers", nicknamed as such because they're put together from the shattered remains of a dozen different Regiments.
>Kriegers, Catachan, Cadians, etc.
>>
>>48184396
>Full-color Mechanicus patch
I'd like to see a picture of one if you have it, sounds neat. I could always make Skitarii patches, to keep with the military theme and represent some bad ass mofos in the process.

>Homebrew fan Regiment of /k/ and /tg/ >>48184429
>Built in lore capability to do anything you'd like with your kit
Stop.
My dick can only get so hard.
>>
File: dg creed.png (408 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
dg creed.png
408 KB, 1680x1050
>>48177805
Oh yes, please!

Also: O.C.C.U.L.L.U.S.
(Occult Control Coordination Unit Liaison, Unconventional Situations)
>>
>>48184936
See, this is the type of stuff I'm talking about, good shit, I like it. Might even run that by SkinwalkerSupply, he's all about that kind of stuff
>>
File: 1342596199066.png (44 KB, 326x334) Image search: [Google]
1342596199066.png
44 KB, 326x334
It's nights like this, where I'm doing stuff that I'd never have imagined doing when I got up today, whilst my sleep-deprived brain sizzles in its own fluid, that reminds me why I keep coming back to this place.
>>
File: Old_Hunter_Badge.png (107 KB, 407x407) Image search: [Google]
Old_Hunter_Badge.png
107 KB, 407x407
I know it's not exactly a /tg/ property, but I kinda want to see some Bloodborne patches made like the Hunter Badges.

Pic related.
>>
>>48184998
>Might even run that by SkinwalkerSupply
Delta Green is an IP. I'm sure they'd love the idea. But they should be contacted.
>>
File: Stirland_Banner.png (418 KB, 490x503) Image search: [Google]
Stirland_Banner.png
418 KB, 490x503
>>48177291
Could you do like the coat of arms/colors/names of Empire provinces from Warhammer Fantasy?

I'd buy a few dozen for Stirland at least.
I run an outdoorsman club at my university and we need patches.
>>
>>48178920
>If I could get 20 people saying they'd like an Eldar patch then that could be justified for a small batch.
See, >>48185330
>>
File: 48thshaddivcustom.png (16 KB, 200x155) Image search: [Google]
48thshaddivcustom.png
16 KB, 200x155
>>48179792
I'd love the insignia of the 48th shadow division. I made pic related based off of it. Its probably for ants, but I think you can get the general idea.
>>
So, how much would we have to pay for these patches?

You see, I have this condition where I don't like spending money on anything if I can get it any other way. That's why I got done for armed robbery.
>>
>>48185396
Usual price range is between $3.99-6.99, more than that for fuckhueg patches like an Aquila that would go all the way across your back.
>>48185330
That could be absolutely doable. Keep this in mind over the coming months, and keep an eye out, you might be able to give your club a pretty cool Christmas gift.
>>48185360
You got a club that wants a few dozen craftworld patches then absolutely.
>>48185281
How responsive do you think they'd be? I don't want to screw over companies, but like I said I don't intend to turn a profit. I'm already going to have to try and fly under GWs radar, I'd like to minimize that as much as possible.
>>
>>48185587
>fuckhueg patches like an Aquila that would go all the way across your back.
Why would I want one of those, people'll think I'm a nazi.
>>
>>48185587
When/where would we be able to buy/get these patches?
>>
Are these patches iron-on or the proper thing?

If the proper thing, you don't know of anywhere that one could learn how to sew, perchance? Only it's been years, and I've kinda forgotten...
>>
>>48181942
Shit, I'd love the /k/, porkeatingcrusader, emperor, and don't tread on me. Have any spares?
>>48185636
or they'll know it's actually a 40k thing, and who cares what the heretics think?
>>48185653
Just learn anon. get a shit 25 cent patch and sew it onto an old shirt or rag or something, so you don't fuck up on the good patch. It's a good skill to have. what do you do when a button comes loose? or a collar tears?
>>
>>48177291
There are patches I'd buy, but not for wh40k.

Witcher 3 Logo patch, Old style temerian coat of arms. Nilfgaardian coat of arms, Harpers' cost of arms, cult of the dragon coat of arms, mandalorian coat of arms, Stargate patches and Stargate Atlantis patches, star wars old republic patch, Jedi patch, fMA homunculus ouroboros logo, fMA amestris logo.

If any of those end up in the options, I'd buy one of each.
>>
>>48185653
The internet, I'm sure.

It's not even that complicated. Thread needle, push through fabric repeatedly. Do this enough times and spaced out enough to reliably attach the two parts. Tie a knot on both ends so the thread doesn't get pulled through.

In my experience, however, patches can be think enough that you're going to want to use a sewing machine. Or glue.
>>
>>48185776
>Tie a knot on both ends so the thread doesn't get pulled through.
It was always the knotting at the end that I could never get the hang of. I was never very good at knots.
>>
>>48185587
>How responsive do you think they'd be?
I think they wouldn't care about money for such a small run. But they would want to know what fans are making.

The new DG is actually an organization again that might issue badges. Maybe they have art ready? I'm sure they'd want to offer any help to make it fit canon.
>>
File: griffin_school_medallion.jpg (30 KB, 570x518) Image search: [Google]
griffin_school_medallion.jpg
30 KB, 570x518
>>48185766
>Witcher 3 Logo patch, Old style temerian coat of arms. Nilfgaardian coat of arms
I sorta agree with you. Whilst I feel that doing patches of the Witcher medallions (and not actual medallions, pic related) would be a disservice, the Temerian Lillies and the Nilfgaardian Sun would make some nice patches, I agree.
>>
File: Homumando6 - Patch.png (1 MB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Homumando6 - Patch.png
1 MB, 1024x1024
>>48179239
At the very least, Sabaton and Maiden are fucking bros, and would probably say that they were fine with you doing it. Games Workshop may be a problem, though.
>my favorite patch:
>>
>>48185645
Boss?
>>
Speaking as a diehard BattleTech "Wolverweenie"? I'd love to get a patch of >>48179792, top row, far right
>>
>>48185636
Where do you keep getting this from? Do you live in Germany or something?
>>48185645
It will be a while, I cannot give you an honest estimate. This is the idea stage
>>48185653
They will be Velcro backed. You sew the loop bit to the fabric, the hook is already attached to the patch. Even with substandard sewing ability, your patch will look clean and professional. And sewing tutorials are very easy to Google, you can also just cut the pad back off. I just got done redoing one myself.
>>48185766
>>48185888
These could be considered for the future
>>48185887
Sounds great, I'll look into it for sure.
>>48186218
They will without a doubt be a problem. Im working on that angle.
>>
>>48179065
Seconded
Bumping for Sabaton/40k
>>
File: SAME.png (154 KB, 289x226) Image search: [Google]
SAME.png
154 KB, 289x226
>>48177291
Hell yeah, brother, I'd totes buy some. Would you ever do ones for A Song of Ice and Fire?
>>
>>48186819
HBO would burn your children alive.
Cool idea though.
>>
File: Girls und Panzer x 40k.jpg (360 KB, 3010x2135) Image search: [Google]
Girls und Panzer x 40k.jpg
360 KB, 3010x2135
>>48186768
What about GuP/Sabaton/40k?
>>
>>48186729
Got a bit terse towards the end here, was trying to bang out the reply before I shit my pants (wife makes the best spaghetti but I always eat too much)

So.
>>48185888
I agree a lot with this anon. The country, special forces, knightly orders, would be tits and could be available down the line.
>>48185766
>Mandalorian
>Stargate
>Stargate Atlantis
I can almost guarantee you those patches exist. Give me a minute and I'll see if I can find any. A maybe for Commando too. I'll put them on the list though, see what kind of support I can get for those.
>>48186819
As cool as that'd be, I'm already going to be dodging GW, and they don't have the clout HBO does. I may be a /k/ommando but I can't deal with the black ops kill team they'd send to rape me while my wife watched.

Be pretty tits if we could do some for the homebrew houses though. I'd wear a Harrock patch.
>Until the Last Ridge
>>
File: Our_Lord.jpg (49 KB, 350x323) Image search: [Google]
Our_Lord.jpg
49 KB, 350x323
>>48186961
Well that's it for me for tonight gents, I'll check back tomorrow. Thanks for the opinions and thoughts, you've been a great help.

I've pretty much resolved to follow the motto of my Corps, Essayons, which means "Let us try," but a more accurate translation is, "Alright, fuck it, we'll do it live." I'm going to swing by the seat of my pants here, so bear with me.

Feel free to continue to make suggestions and give me feedback, like I said I will return in the morning to give it a look and answer any questions

Ave Nex Alea gentlemen.
>>
File: original.jpg (33 KB, 601x384) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
33 KB, 601x384
>>48187387
And of course, in true fashion, I left my name off again. Fucking hell, I'd blame it on being tired but I've been fucking up since the first post. Oh well.
>>
How bout this for a patch design?
>>
>>48188762
Another version slightly larger but with the colors off.
>>
File: image.png (88 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.png
88 KB, 480x360
Do you have any for team Dai-Gurren?
>>
File: psyops_patch.jpg (117 KB, 774x809) Image search: [Google]
psyops_patch.jpg
117 KB, 774x809
Never been able to find this patch in real life, but good luck with your business, /k/omrade!
>>
I'll be the first to pledge for an 'Elf slave, wat do" patch
>>
>>48191126
>MIND BULLITS
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 500x500
I would get some 40k ones and others. I already have death/black metal vest and I dont know if want to put "Vigilo Confido" there but 40k one would definetly look nice next to Bolt Thrower Realm of Chaos.
>>
File: XCOM-EU_Emblem.png (424 KB, 679x913) Image search: [Google]
XCOM-EU_Emblem.png
424 KB, 679x913
>>48193398
Ooh, yeah, some XCOM patches would be neat.
>>
File: XCOM2_Ranger_icon.png (3 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
XCOM2_Ranger_icon.png
3 KB, 200x200
>>48193812
Agreed.
On that note, here are the five base class emblems from XCOM 2 (The ones in EU/EW is too low-res):
>Ranger
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/xcom/images/c/ca/XCOM2_Ranger_icon.png/revision/latest?cb=20160627165649
>Grenadier
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/xcom/images/e/ef/XCOM2_Grenaider_icon.png/revision/latest?cb=20160627165609
>Sharpshooter
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/xcom/images/f/f3/XCOM2_Sharpshooter_icon.png/revision/latest?cb=20160627165704
>Specialist
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/xcom/images/f/fb/XCOM2_Specialist_icon.png/revision/latest?cb=20160627165720
>Psi-Op
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/xcom/images/2/2d/XCOM2_PsiOp_icon.png/revision/latest?cb=20160627165621
>>
File: Enemy_Within_.png (411 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Enemy_Within_.png
411 KB, 800x450
>>48194178
What about the ones from Enemy Within?
>>
File: BoS_logo.png (239 KB, 1100x1330) Image search: [Google]
BoS_logo.png
239 KB, 1100x1330
Some Fallout patches would be cool.
>>
File: Lyons'_Pride.png (234 KB, 867x1000) Image search: [Google]
Lyons'_Pride.png
234 KB, 867x1000
>>48194420
>>
File: Collegia_Titanica_War_Glyph.jpg (10 KB, 250x284) Image search: [Google]
Collegia_Titanica_War_Glyph.jpg
10 KB, 250x284
This would make a nice minimalist patch.
>>
What would be good for an MtG patch?
A set symbol?
>>
>>48194420
/k/ patch guys made a buttload. Check out Crimson Caravan for instance, he has a bunch available
>>
>>48177393
>diamond dogs beret
Maybe a meme patch, but damn if I don't want it.
>>
>>48196137
Yeah, but no Lyon's Pride patch.
>>
>>48197826
+1
underrated post.
>>
>>48186961
>As cool as that'd be, I'm already going to be dodging GW, and they don't have the clout HBO does. I may be a /k/ommando but I can't deal with the black ops kill team they'd send to rape me while my wife watched.
That sucks. I'd love a flayed man patch with the book colouring. Or a burning Stag, Merman, bronze Sunburst etcetera.

HBO wouldn't know a good idea if it bit them on the arse, so there's no chance of getting stuff like that from them.
>>
File: 600px-Hua_Yuan_Emblem.png (82 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
600px-Hua_Yuan_Emblem.png
82 KB, 600x600
>>48177291
>>48184348
>>48183763
Based Patchman, would you consider making a patch for these guys?
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Hua_Yuan_Exterminators
>>
>>48177291
Really taking the initiative patch guy, good on ya, there's been a serious lack of 40K patches.

But now that I think of it, there is somewhat of an untapped market for another demographic of /k/.
>>
File: 1465016746892.jpg (761 KB, 1395x1079) Image search: [Google]
1465016746892.jpg
761 KB, 1395x1079
An Imperial navy patch would be cash.
Posting patches.
>>
File: 1464229252184.jpg (234 KB, 922x692) Image search: [Google]
1464229252184.jpg
234 KB, 922x692
>>48201033
>>
File: 1464171219086.jpg (928 KB, 2187x1230) Image search: [Google]
1464171219086.jpg
928 KB, 2187x1230
>>
File: 1464392774617.jpg (1 MB, 3200x2400) Image search: [Google]
1464392774617.jpg
1 MB, 3200x2400
>>48201096
>>
File: 1464158676250.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1353) Image search: [Google]
1464158676250.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1353
>>
File: 1455690905928.png (57 KB, 980x666) Image search: [Google]
1455690905928.png
57 KB, 980x666
>>48200762
as the asshole who first designed the flags I'd really appreciate it too
>>
File: Cadian_8th_Regiment_v1_WIP.png (276 KB, 1000x1086) Image search: [Google]
Cadian_8th_Regiment_v1_WIP.png
276 KB, 1000x1086
>>48200762
>>48201188
Looks interesting. I'll give it a try after I finished some other designs I have already planned.
>>
>>48186961
>Be pretty tits if we could do some for the homebrew houses though. I'd wear a Harrock patch.
As would I.
>Brock the Rock
>>
File: Harlequin guards unit patch..png (125 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Harlequin guards unit patch..png
125 KB, 800x600
I've got a suggestion, it's not 40k though, comes from Warzone: Ressurrection, it's the unit insignia of the Harlequin Guards Imperial Special Forces Regiment. I had to grab the image from the Imperial army list PDF so excuse the quality.
>>
>>48201188
I've been working hard on both pages, not done yet. Any thoughts on the changes?
>>
>>48201289
It would be appreciated
>>
File: SpartaLogo.jpg (34 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
SpartaLogo.jpg
34 KB, 450x300
Has anyone done a patch for pic related?
>>
>>48203472
DMC patches, but he's been out of commission for months now.
>>
>>48202084
holy fuck I'm so proud

keep up the good work, anon
>>
>>48203514
Figures. Oh well, no reason why someone else couldn't pick up the slack.
>>
File: Lonestar.png (298 KB, 370x465) Image search: [Google]
Lonestar.png
298 KB, 370x465
Hey chummer, I'm going to need to see a SIN and some credentials before you get slapped with illegal business deals over the 'Trix.
>>
Fuckin' South America up with the latest and greatest chrome.
>>
>>48203548
Thanks, just keep an eye on the pages every now and then
>>
BAMP
>>
>>48177291
>>48181942

I remember when /k/ made the /k/ patch, /x/ cobbled together to make a secret society ring for themselves. We bickered a lot on the design and I don't think it was ever followed through. :(
>>
File: Cadian_8th_Regiment_v2_WIP.png (367 KB, 1000x1086) Image search: [Google]
Cadian_8th_Regiment_v2_WIP.png
367 KB, 1000x1086
Don't know how many look at the patch thread at /k/, but the Cadia patch is "finished".
>>
>>48208379
Would wear proudly into battle fighting the Emperors enemies.
>>
>>48208379
Nice. Would you recommend we lurk in /k/?

Personally I think just having this thread be your tether to use would work better, but youre the patchguy
>>
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP
>>
>>48209366
I would always recommend lurking on /k/.
But I probably end up posting here and there.
>>
File: 1465358075925.jpg (8 KB, 111x170) Image search: [Google]
1465358075925.jpg
8 KB, 111x170
Alright everyone I have to apologize for my absence, my power went out while I was asleep Friday night, so I got to enjoy sweltering in my 1 bedroom apartment in the Southern heat all day. Which was fun. Power was restored around 11 PM last night, cable (and therefore wifi) got fixed about an hour ago.

So. What that means is I haven't made any headway, obviously, but I'm back now and ready to get on it. I've got the day off tomorrow as well so I should be able to get a lot of the research I need done soon.

Give me a minute to go through the replies and I'll see what questions need to be answered.
>>
>>48185734
Tread on me is at 2huepatch, /k/ is at crimson caravan other two i don't remember
>>
>>48214089
>Tread on me is at 2huepatch
Isn't that the snaker lady from monmusu?
>>
>>48188762
>>48188767
Are you referring to the alleged "fan regiment" someone suggested earlier?
>>48191053
I don't believe I have seen one for that, nor do I know what it's from.
>>48191126
Hmm, there's an eBay store that has all types of sweet ass obscure military patches, let me see if I can dig up the link.
>>48192888
Will write down for lulz
>>48193398
Excellent, I like the cut of your jib.
>>48193812
>>48194178
>>48194288
That would make a lot of people happy I'm sure, it's /tg/, /v/, /k/, and /x/ all rolled into one. I'll put it in the "future projects" pile for sure.
>>48196112
No idea in the slightest. Will think on it.
>>48196747
They're all over the place and you can pick up a black beret from a Surplus store for like $10. Just make sure you dunk it in water, put it on until it dries to form it, then use a razor to shave the bumps off. Yes, I'm serious,
>>48200762
Knew these guys were going to get a request, been seeing them in the drawthreads over the past couple of months. It's dank, it's /tg/, so it seems like the perfect product for the store.
>>48200893
One guy was trying, I believe, and got a big fat C&D before he even had them printed. I'm working on ways around that though.
>>48201033
Imperial Navy was one of my first thought honestly, they're criminally under represented. They wield God-like amounts of power, drive millennia old craft across the stars and through the madness of the Warp, and no one gets anywhere without them. I have a hard-on for naval stuff anyway, which is strange for someone who was in the Army and absolutely hates being on a ship.
>>48201417
>mynigga.jpg
>>48201655
Will look into it.
>>48203580
Shadowrun is definitely on the list as well, rocking some Corp patches would be sweet.
>>48209366
Lurking /k/ is always a good move friend, but I will be making threads here to inform of progress and get feedback from you guys, and as you know this board moves slow as balls so you probably won't miss them.
>>
>>48214341
Hey, I've got something 40k saved on my PC (I'll get to it in a minute, but I was just wondering, is there any limit to how long you can make the patches?
>>
>>48215449
Bigger patches cost more money, obviously, so it depends on how big it actually is. Compression is a factor as well, because the embroidery machines can only go so small. Also, keep in mind that if something is too niche, or people aren't willing to pay the production price for it, then sadly I won't be able to make it. Let's see it though, I'm intrigued and people may be all for it.

Also, I want to reiterate that I do not intend to make any profit off of this whatsoever. I just want to make some sweet ass patches for my bros, and have some cool stuff to wear on my gear when I go innawoods with my buddies.
>Hey, what's that patch?
>Oh, it's from 40K, Catachan Jungle Fighters
>Yeah, I know, where'd you get it?
>Oh you know, I helped get 'em made, no big deal
Oooh's and Aaah's ensue. Yes, I am a huge nerd and yes, my friends are too. We're just nerds who used to shoot at people for a living.

In all seriousness though, I like you guys. /tg/ has been a constant supply of amusement and knowledge over the years, and /k/ is home. And since I don't own a ton of land to host a meetup, have no real ability to DM a game, or extensive knowledge on how to gunsmith or worldbuild, this is my way of giving just a little back to the community. I hope you guys enjoy, and stick with me for the ride.
>>
>>48214341
Another great place to look for potential would be in LARP/Boffer groups. I think plenty of those guys would want unit insignias done.
>>
>>48214341
>which is strange for someone who was in the Army and absolutely hates being on a ship.
Dope, what is/was your MOS?

And if you could throw together some Hua Yuan nonsense that would be sweet. I'll have to get some gaudy OCP to go with them
>>
>>48215924
I found it on dA somewhere, so you might have to ask the original author for permission to use it. If you ever actually do.
>>
>>48193398
WHERE DID YOU FIND ONE?
>>
>>48215929
That's a good point, we've already got one guy wanting some for his hunting club above
>>48216043
Combat Engineer, or 12B. And I figured Hua Yuan would get requested pretty quickly seeing as they're /tg/s pet Regiment right now. I might even do some Angry Marines too for nostalgias sake.
>>48216087
Slap that on an oval background and it'd be good to go as is probably, medicae patches would be pretty cool. I'd like one on my IFAK

I am officially working with artanon here
>>48208379
So we won't have to rely solely on my cave scratchings to get patches made. I've got a few interesting ideas that I've run by him, and am in the process of getting a test quote, so we seem to be trucking right along. I'll be sure to keep you guys updated, keep coming to me with suggestions and questions to keep the thread bumped as well.
>>
>>48217563
35M here.

Yeah the early Hua Yuan threads where pretty hype. Still working on the the wiki myself.

If you make a patch or three I'd buy the shit out of them
>>
>>48214341
>One guy was trying, I believe, and got a big fat C&D before he even had them printed. I'm working on ways around that though.
If we're both thinking the same thing, that doesn't surprise me.
And watch yourself as well FNKammando, the gamesworkshop lawyers are fittingly zealous.
>>
File: 1464564685429.jpg (297 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1464564685429.jpg
297 KB, 1280x960
>>48217640
Fucking hell bro, God bless you, I wouldn't wish that job on anyone. All the HUMIT guys I knew were frazzled and high strung, though I guess that's what happens when you work with local nationals. Keep secret squirreling though, its good shit.
>>48218033
As I'm sure >>48217640 can attest if he's ever had to work with us, Engineers are the Kings of doing dirt. I'm pretty confident in my ability to stay on the down low, so here's hoping.

Make sure to pray to the kube for secrecy
>>
>>48186819
already a thing.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/253869303/set-of-6-pcs-a-song-of-ice-and-fire-a?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_c-accessories-patches_and_pins-patches&utm_custom1=14b28cd8-9f41-4083-8735-4869b6afe606&gclid=CMLy7oi_6s0CFckehgodQIcIgA
>>
>>48218608
Yeah, we tend to be a little...kinetic.

I will say though, I know a quite a few of your ilk, and I was taken aback. I thought Mikes where the lords of Sham and Subterfuge but you lot take to a whole nother level.

The things I've seen done with an MRE, a few paperclips, mechanical pencil and a goat...Jesus...
Ave Nex Alea
>>
I'm absolutely interested in this. What's the timetable? When could we expect to see the patches?
>>48203580
Second for some sweet sweet shadowrun goodness.
>>
File: 1463706167700.png (58 KB, 201x322) Image search: [Google]
1463706167700.png
58 KB, 201x322
>>48219130
Kinetic, I like that. Has a perfect governmental sound to it.

And yeah, there's a reason nobody knows what we actually do.
A) Because there's a metric shit ton of things we CAN do
B) We like to keep it that way so we can do whatever we want, and having a mystique is more important than getting asspats for being badass.

People hear Combat and they leave us alone. People hear Engineer and they scratch their heads. Sure, grunts give us shit for not being on the front (which we are, they just don't know it) and the rest sees us as dumb combat arms, but we know who we are. It's all fun and games until you need a hole blown in something or your buddy steps on a mine.
True story
>WWII doc on History channel
>About D-Day
>"Here today, is the first man to step onto the beachead at Omaha"
>"Well when I got off the landing craft, there was white tape to my left and to my right, and I knew that I had to stay in there cause it's where the Engineers had cleared,"
>Mfw Engineers, even Navy ones, get cucked out of notoriety yet again
>>48219612
I'm thinking I could probably set up a store for non-GW patches, since other companies don't seem so litigation happy and some even outright support fan projects. I'm actually mulling an idea around with GoFundMe, more on that later though.
>>
>>48219928
I remember this one time I was coming to a FOB after months of bad guys harassing the engineers building the thing, and they only fucking quit when air support came and ruined their day.

To hear it from them they where getting shot at day and night, the occasional machine gun fire or explosive being the only thing halting work. When we finally showed up all fresh and bright eyed and bushy tailed we where greeting by a pretty ragged team. Not a ACU in sight that didn't have some blood or grease on it, and dirt and sand all over.

They looked like zombies, but the FOB was built and I had my little unit with a wallshaker. But before they left they built a lemonade stand.

A fucking lemonade stand.
>>
>>48220346
Fucking Essayons goddamn.

Here's the rub though, I guarantee those were 12H, not B's. Horizontal Engineers. Running joke in the community is that we're vertical Engineers, because when we show up shit goes flying.

Easy distinction is my last Brigade's motto. "Build and Destroy" We're a bit more on the "Destroy" side. Put simply we're Sappers, and call each other such. Which confuses people, because of "Sapper School,"

The reality is that the school is actually called "Sapper Leadership Course," which implies that you take it to lead Sappers. Which you do, because we are indeed Sappers. Gets confusing for outsiders, which we like as I've said before.

In the last ten years you've run into Route Clearance then it's been 12B's running those patrols. Beyond that, we assist with security for Horizontal Engineers (ie when they built 67 miles of anti-tank berm on the Syrian border of Iraq), assisting in HVT raids with infantry (my personal favorite) and training local national troops to do RCP (which, as you are highly aware of is like herding cats). It's a great job, and we all have pretty high esprit de corps for being Engineers, not so much for being in the Army. We're basically "The Senior Specialist" as a whole MOS. Bitter with the Army as a whole, but goddamn we love doing our job.

Which is blowing shit up. Blowing shit up is my passion. Lemonade is secondary. Drive on Sapper.
>>
File: 1435900667748.jpg (379 KB, 765x1102) Image search: [Google]
1435900667748.jpg
379 KB, 765x1102
Page 9 BUMP
>>
File: 1467864718841.jpg (155 KB, 1254x635) Image search: [Google]
1467864718841.jpg
155 KB, 1254x635
>>48222466
Same fagging, BUMP for real this time
>>
File: reallyguysiswear.gif (167 KB, 500x224) Image search: [Google]
reallyguysiswear.gif
167 KB, 500x224
>>48222466
>>48222473
Annnndddd, I left my name off again for some reason. I swear guys, this isn't my first time using 4chan.
>>
>>48186729
>Where do you keep getting this from? Do you live in Germany or something?
Because apparently it has already happened a few times with guys with Aquila tatoos.
>>
>>48222635
Where? When? Not that it really matters, I don't really need to rage this early in the morning at people's stupidity, but now I'm curious.
>>
>>48218625
Nah, see, he wants ones that are faithful to the books, not ones from the show. It would be something worth considering honestly if someone could do a good translation of them, I'm not particularly artistically skilled, especially with heraldry. But if someone could do some or find some that were already done I could probably take it from there.
>>
>>48222782
I don't know m8. I don't even know if it is true. It's just something that comes up on here and other forums from times to times. I can understand why some people would mix them, if they don't know much about WWII iconography.
I think an Aquila patch is less "risky" than an Aquila tatoo though, because people who don't know what it is are more likely to rationalize it as a band symbol, or something from a vydia.
>>
>>48222862
I don't know man, sounds fishy to me, like heard it from a friend of a friend type deal. I mean, most people wouldn't even associate an eagle with Nazis. If they knew enough about Nazi iconography to know theres an eagle, they'd know enough to know it doesn't have two heads and that it has a swastika in its claws.

Just sounds odd to me man, I don't know. Like some over culturally sensitive nonsense that keeps getting passed around.
>>
>>48222635
I live in Germany and I never head of shit like this.
>>
>>48222806
>But if someone could do some or find some that were already done I could probably take it from there.
Like this? http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Category:Coat_of_arms_images
>>
>>48222635
Has nobody in real life seen a Russian imperial eagle?
>>
>>48224161
My guess would be no. You all have now though.
>>
>>48177341
I'd buy the fuck out of something like that
>>
File: VALKYRIE_mark.png (167 KB, 339x414) Image search: [Google]
VALKYRIE_mark.png
167 KB, 339x414
I'd like a Task Force Valkyrie patch if there's any interest.
As far as MtG patch ideas go, I think the Ravnican guild insignia would probably work well. Iconic enough within the community, and a little less generic that the mana symbols. I know I'd wear a Golgari one.
>>
>>48224452
Well I believe someone (not me) is working on it. They just got the lettering centered at the top. I'm right there with you though, I have an empty sleeve that's just begging for that patch.
>>48224470
>desire to know more intensifies
Tell me more about this Task Force Valkyrie, and their elegantly simple patch designs.
>>
File: ravnica-expansion-sets.jpg (656 KB, 1500x1402) Image search: [Google]
ravnica-expansion-sets.jpg
656 KB, 1500x1402
>>48224470
Guilds are a bit expected, I think.
Not that people wouldn't buy them, but I know there are better ideas.
>golgari
At least you're brotier.

Here are the new guild symbols. I think most of them are just a little better than the old ones.
>>
File: symbols.jpg (10 KB, 325x155) Image search: [Google]
symbols.jpg
10 KB, 325x155
>>48224732
I can't seem to find a good pic of the old ones.
>>
File: wotcClansTarkir.jpg (211 KB, 1400x528) Image search: [Google]
wotcClansTarkir.jpg
211 KB, 1400x528
>>48224743
Here are the symbols from Khans.
They're a lot rougher, so they probably won't do very well.
>>
>>48224591
TFV is an organization within the US government in Hunter: the Vigil. They contain or eliminate supernatural creatures that are deemed threats to US interest, while maintaining the charade that the supernatural doesn't exist, ostensibly because acknowledging it would destabilize society. They do some low-key intelligence gathering, but they are also the ones who show up armed to the teeth to take down a werewolf pack that needs to be removed. They have some tech not available to the public, but most of it is a pretty logical extension of existing weapon tech repurposed for killing non-human combatants.
>>
File: 1464281781128.jpg (52 KB, 665x1182) Image search: [Google]
1464281781128.jpg
52 KB, 665x1182
>>48224822
>>
>>48224979
God help me, I'm attempting to turn a trip on.
>>
>>48225205
Well, I still suck dicks and can't read correctly, so here it is for real this time.
>>
File: 1464932512585.jpg (140 KB, 614x428) Image search: [Google]
1464932512585.jpg
140 KB, 614x428
>>48225215
AYYY
>>
File: Don't have sex with me.png (124 KB, 800x862) Image search: [Google]
Don't have sex with me.png
124 KB, 800x862
>>48181942
I see that snake lady in the corner and I raise you this one
>>
>>48224979
There is another org in the game called VASCU, which is unit of the FBI that recruits agents with psychic talents. They pursue serial killers that other law enforcement has not had success in finding, which is sometimes due to supernatural involvement. It is a pretty regular irritant for VASCU agents to get a case they've spent months on ruined by TFV spooks disappearing a person of interest.
>>
>>48177291
Great idea.

But uh, make sure you spell Regiment right on the next try.
>>
File: 1460256368440.jpg (28 KB, 303x322) Image search: [Google]
1460256368440.jpg
28 KB, 303x322
>>48225642
I'll make sure to get it right next time.
>>
>>48225677
Kek, what is that, like the 8th time?
>>
>>48224591
Are they selling them on /k/ or are they just making it for themselves?
>>
>>48230620
Well, I just read that he doesn't care who picks it up so I don't know. I might get them done, someone else might. Lurk the thread on /k/ for updates.
>>
>>48232747
Speaking as a fellow denizen of /k/ with a pile of patches already in my posession,
I'd buy thsee in a red hot second FN/K/.
>>
>>48177291
Had any of them special /k/ brownies lately.
You know. The ones with cum. In the batter

The Cum brownies.
>>
They have XCOM patches. I have basically all of them. There's a few sellers, and two of them make proper quality kit.

Best part is some of them look just-almost-official enough that you get a few people taking second glances every time, like they're trying to figure out if that's real or not.
>>
So tell me, FNKy man, has your friend who makes patches ever considered branching out into other person accoutrements based on popular settings?
>>
File: 1435362343080.png (267 KB, 3144x1600) Image search: [Google]
1435362343080.png
267 KB, 3144x1600
Just had a sweet patch idea.

Let me tell you
[Haggard looking Krieger in the center]
about Vraks.
>>
>>48234942
Oh yeah, that won't get people thinking you're a nazi at all.
>>
File: Remember_Vraks.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Remember_Vraks.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>48235100
Just tell them it's a chilean thing, how will they know?
>>
>>48177291

where do I buy your patches?
>>
File: Elysian_Drop_Troops_v1.png (64 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
Elysian_Drop_Troops_v1.png
64 KB, 1000x500
Elysian Drop Troops reporting in!
Thoughts?
>>
>>48240194
I'd buy it
>>
>>48236019
You can't as of yet, as we haven't physically gotten any made. We're in the development process now, I believe.
>>48240194
Responded to your email, I think that's tits m8, I fucking love it. I won't be satisfied until I have that on my BDU's
>>
>>48240715
And apparently tripcodes are different from different devices, which defeats the purpose of having a trip. Lord have mercy I'm bad at this. I'm just gonna go with a name from now on, fuck it. Gotta keep it simple.

Anyway, on to the actual business at hand. I think there's enough interest to justify going ahead with starting to get patches made, so me and ArtAnon are going to get on finalizing designs and getting quotes. Keep on the look out for new threads in the coming week or so, I will keep you guys updated, and we may have a thread to help complete the designs.

I'll continue to lurk until auto sage to answer any questions comments or concerns.
>>
>>48201133
>Canadian flag

Still got mine from my failed attempt at BMQ somewhere, before they made them stupid fucking big.
>>
File: 1465443236220.jpg (322 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1465443236220.jpg
322 KB, 800x800
bumping for patchy goodness.
>>
File: 1425437017004.jpg (48 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1425437017004.jpg
48 KB, 1280x800
Hoping for some goofy patches. Do most people actually wear them or just collect them?
>>
>>48242709
Kek, I wear mine on surplus uniforms/old jackets, and I know that a lot of /k/ uses theirs on their PC's and other gear. Im sure some people just like to collect them, same as anything. Velcro really lets you do a lot with patches provided you dont mind a little bit of sewing.
>>
>>48243426
Oh, PC=plate carrier. Or Patrol Cap. It's all in context.

But I do want to so some meme patches, wouldn't be fun to be super serious all the time. Maybe some Angry Marines or something, who knows?
>>
>>48242709
Well fuck it actually, somebody give me some Dank /tg/ meme ideas. After all, what's a 4chan operation without memes?
>>
File: Dming.jpg (87 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Dming.jpg
87 KB, 500x500
>>48243663
>>
File: 67th Chairborne.jpg (196 KB, 1200x1500) Image search: [Google]
67th Chairborne.jpg
196 KB, 1200x1500
This needs to be a thing.
>>
File: 810a5KxnHwL._SL1500_.jpg (411 KB, 1500x1169) Image search: [Google]
810a5KxnHwL._SL1500_.jpg
411 KB, 1500x1169
>>48243674
Eh, I've already got the ribbon for that, though I think we called it "Enduring Freedom"
>>48243698
>This needs to be a thing.
It is.
>>
File: 1434492854973.jpg (80 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
1434492854973.jpg
80 KB, 398x500
but in patch form
>>
>>48245115
Kek

What kind of ShadowRun stuff would y'all like to see? All I know about the setting is what I got playing Shadowrun Dragonfall and Hong Kong, but I absolutely love the setting.

Weapons company logos seem like a no brainer, but what else is iconic for the setting and franchise?
>>
>>48184936
Or;
Committee for the Liberation and Intergration Of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society (C.L.I.T.O.R.I.S)
>>
Another question for you gents, what Regiment number should we go with for the Elysians patch here?
>>48240194
Thinking about red numerals on the skulls forehead.
>>
File: jay_silent_bob.jpg (123 KB, 1280x566) Image search: [Google]
jay_silent_bob.jpg
123 KB, 1280x566
>>48245544
Can... can I be CLIT commander?
>>
>>48245397
Pink Mohawks, neon colors, cybernetics
>>
File: 1391991160917.jpg (15 KB, 222x227) Image search: [Google]
1391991160917.jpg
15 KB, 222x227
>>
>>48235100
Dude just shut the fuck up about nazis. It's 40k, nobody gives a fuck what you think.
>>
File: 1443481183472.png (418 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1443481183472.png
418 KB, 1080x1920
Maybe just a /tg/ badge might be nice
>>
>>48246010
This
>>
>>48178373
>Skinwalker Supply Co
That someone would take a name like that is somewhat terrifying.
>>
>>48248672
I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>48179640
>I didn't mean to write a fucking novel
It's cool, bro. Welcome to /tg/.
>>
>>48181470
>implying there exists a service which can embroider that amount of detail at a halfway reasonable price
>>
>>48185587
>How responsive do you think they'd be?
Delta Green? They'd probably buy a round of them for the whole staff, if you offer them at-cost. They're a small-time dev, in it for the love of the craft.

This is different from what's been suggested, but if you made a patch of our football emblem, with or without the star, you would sell a small handful of them.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nbvpcwK6GQ1rh3n9d.png (101 KB, 210x195) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nbvpcwK6GQ1rh3n9d.png
101 KB, 210x195
>>48246010
This; /tg/'s divegrass fan base is rabid.

>>48243663
Lelf head?
>>
>>48249333
>>
>>48248818
Couldn't hurt to try, right?
>>
File: IMAG0119_BURST003.jpg (4 MB, 5376x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0119_BURST003.jpg
4 MB, 5376x3024
Legionfag here. Gimme them Star Wars.
>>
>>48258947
Wow, you've been places.
>>
This patch seems cool but where do I buy a nice shirt to wear them on?

possibly a velcro shirt?
>>
>>48261452
Shirts are the realm of embroidery, anon. You ever seen anyone wear a patch directly on a shirt?
>>
>>48177291
Yeah, I'd be interested. You're not related to Kommando Store are you?
>>
>>48177291
Idea aint bad, however most things we would want on a patch are copyright protected and you might have heard that some companies (cough GW cough) are rather aggressive concerning their IP
Thread replies: 230
Thread images: 83

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.