[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gm is letting me take leadership feat in a way that my followers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 1464954011822.jpg (57 KB, 495x700) Image search: [Google]
1464954011822.jpg
57 KB, 495x700
Gm is letting me take leadership feat in a way that my followers are binded to a summoning item, like a horn if valhalla. In this way they can die and ressurect the next day without penalty.

But how do you justify a group of people willingly signing up to be immortal servants to the owner of thia item. Me.
>>
Who is "me"...
>>
>>48176045
>devoted followers of the non-immortal persuasion
>followers who recognize they have more use to the cause as semi-immortal beings who could theoretically fight for their beliefs for eternity
>vanquished foes
>battle hungry bastards who like the pseudo valhallan lifestyle that lets them die and be ressurected in what to them will be one unending always varying battle
>those that were lied to and now remain permanently tethered
>wrongfully acquired
I'm sure there's more but those are the big ones that come to mind.
>>
>>48176116
That seema like a good idea. The valhalla one. I imagine there must be some kind of cool house they reside in when not fighting.
>>
>>48176176
Either or. Maybe ones a battle drunk barb with a mortal coil complex so he just wants to go from one fight, die, "wake up" in another fight, repeat while bjorn, torb, and mjoll vacay in the mead hall.
>>
>>48176045
You beat them in battle, but hurl an Orb of Pockets at them before they die. Then they have to obey you, but you become good friends during this time. Especially if you give them bells or treat them to massages.
>>
>>48176045
I had something similar in my setting, used by the northern not-viking cultures of Humans Orcs and Dwarves called an Oathstone.

Basically, likeminded warriors would band together under a shaman or Druidic seer.

Each would bind a portion of their soul into the runic soul, including the seer.

The rune would then be inscribed with their Oath, Be it to protect a scared site, Slay a monster or avenge a death.

For all intents and purposes the band of Oathsworn are now effectively immortal until the Oath is completed. Dragons would be hunted to exhaustion by Oathsworn bands, Standing stones would have a circle of sworn defenders for a time until the Oath was fulfilled.

Oathstones were Outlawed due to the power they could be used for, and Few Oathbound exist.

Those who break an Oath become Oathbreakers, who effectively become zombies bent only on Forlorn destruction.

Party have currently found an Oathstone, and some are very tempted to use it.
>>
>>48176045
The immortality sounds like a pretty good signing bonus.
>>
>>48176368
Firstly, ou know that immortality isn't all it's cracked up to be. But even if it's somehow worth it to you, is it still worth it when you have to spend that eternal life only fighting for this one dude?
>>
>>48176286
Pika!
>>
File: To my side my noble einherjar.jpg (1 MB, 1500x946) Image search: [Google]
To my side my noble einherjar.jpg
1 MB, 1500x946
>>48176045
It helps if they're already dead.
>>
I GM'd for a party where the setup was pretty much similar. We had a priesty type (Robe wearing squishy thing) with a few supportive abilities, and the ability to make "Pacts" with people through her God, making her able to summon them, should they fall in battle.

The other players made a pact with her, and that's pretty much the setup for the story. It was a lot more tense than they thought it would be, because despite the rest of the party having little to lose, they quickly realized that this helpless robe wearing chick with exactly 0 abilities to help her not get killed could NEVER be revived - It simply wasn't a thing in the setting, baring very rare and specific circumstances, so if she died, they'll all die along with her. It meant combat wasn't about keeping everyone alive, but making sure this 1 person survived at all cost, and losing even 1 person would make that task more difficult.

It was an apocalypse scenario, where the Gods all had called upon someone they believed would be able to gather warriors that could put a stop to the end of the world, and there were a few of these bands with a similar setup.

The players liked it, at least.
>>
>>48176425
I would so totally go for this idea.
Loved that game so much. I still cry whenever I look back at the story of that mermaid girl.

I'll drop these tears of nostalgia over to /v/ :(
>>
>>48176045

Make sure all the followers are hot chicks, at least. Summon them for "special" needs.
>>
>>48176045
>literally this:

http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Horn_of_Valere
>>
>>48178130
pretty much. God that was a long fucking series. gotta go read it again for the next two weeks.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.