[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA y0N-lFGFc New gamepl
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 44
File: warhammer-40k-dawn-of-war-3.jpg (64 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
warhammer-40k-dawn-of-war-3.jpg
64 KB, 720x405
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAy0N-lFGFc

New gameplay trailer is out. Looks like they really fixed all the animation problems from before, where everything looked weightless and weak.

They really need to get someone else to narrate these things, though, because that guy is fucking terrible.
>>
>>48152861
>New gameplay trailer is out. Looks like they really fixed all the animation problems from before, where everything looked weightless and weak.
What the fuck are you talking about, it looks exaclty the same, and absolutely shit.

Fuck Relic, Dawn of War should have been allowed to die a quiet death instead of being turned into this bullshit.
>>
It looks...okay. I still maintain a men of war style system would've been better, but this is certainly acceptable. Nothing outstanding, but no notable issues. Seems to go slightly more starcraft with its Hard Counter Units System and very specific cover spots, but the heroes are very much what keeps this from feeling derivative. The art style seems to draw your eye to the hero units by giving them more detail than the line units. No word on how much, if any, customization is in the game.

Imperial Knight Lady sounds exactly like somebody I would expect to pilot an Imperial Knight. I think I'm going to like her. But Gabriel is crazy brash.
>"We got reinforcements coming"
FUCK IT! CHAAAAARGE!
>"Look the entire enemy army"
FUCK IT! CHAAAAARGE!
>"They brought everything!"
In that case everything CHAAAARGE!
>>
>>48154626
We're talking about the same dude who bumrushed a daemon prince the size of a hab block.
>>
Looks about the same as it did before.
>>
Hope we will see some of the cast from DOW2.
>>
>>48152861
Lady Solaria is already the best waifu.

>Wait for me Angelos-sama! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT
>>
File: It was a gift.jpg (842 KB, 1519x1013) Image search: [Google]
It was a gift.jpg
842 KB, 1519x1013
>>48155209
Angelos stole her purity seals, all of them.
>>
Wow it looks fucking godawful. Remind me why we like these shitty sell-out devs again?
>>
Still looks like a casualized abomination of a game.
Cartoon colors on all the characters? Check
Edgy gore animations? Check
Waifu characters to lure neckbeard virgins in? Check
moba-style character abilities? Check

how the hell are you faggots still preordering this dogshit abomination?
>>
I'll pass. It looks bad.
>>
Looks like shit. Still.
>>
Looks fucking awesome. I'm pretty hype. And I'm sure it will become darker/grittier/faggier/etc., whatever all these naysayers want - it's almost like nobody here heard what the blonde said at the start of the video. Something something alpha something something change.
>>
>>48157476
So Dawn of War?
>>
>>48157575
>Something something alpha something something change.

That doesn't mean the art style is going to change, though. They might tweak the look of some units or special effects, but I really doubt the final product is going to end up looking appropriately grim and moody. After the first trailer, which nailed that atmosphere perfectly, it's a severe disappointment.

And Gabriel jumping around like a ninja while wearing Terminator Armour will never, ever be okay. Not only does it look absurd, one of Terminator Armour's most defining characteristics is how slow and heavy it is.

I'm not getting on the doom train, but my hopes and expectations aren't great either.
>>
>>48157640
>And Gabriel jumping around like a ninja while wearing Terminator Armour will never, ever be okay. Not only does it look absurd, one of Terminator Armour's most defining characteristics is how slow and heavy it is.

But that's how marines fight in the fluff. They are super fast and nearly as agile as Eldar. I mean we had backflipping terminators since forever.
>>
>>48157703
We've had backflipping Terminators in one book by the Black Library's most reviled author, which is outweighed by every other source which describes Terminator Armour as slow, heavy, and unwieldy to wear. It even has in-game rules to represent that trait. If he was just wearing power armour, that would be fine, but as a Terminator it's indefensible.
>>
>>48157735
40K lore is inconsistent on purpose so who cares? Everything is canon and not.
>>
Where did this meme that DoW ever looked "grim" come from?
No prior game has been "grim" visually in the slightest.
>>
>>48157754
shitposters on /v/ that fa/tg/uys are dumb enough to believe.

Notice how there's a block of four posts, one after the other, all attacking the game using similar syntax and wording?
>>
>>48157764
shill
>>
>>48157778
shitposter
>>
>>48152861
>Base building
>Heroes and abilities
>Massive armies and machines (hoping for a baneblade)
>Unit variety
>Good old blood and gore
So far so good, seem they actually listened to the fans for once and brought back everything that people wanted from DoW I while also mixing in some things from DoW II
So far the only bitching I have seen if from people that complain about Angeloses flipity doodah hammer-fu and MUH GRITTY, which I don't give a fuck about
>>
>>48157754
its mostly because of the korean mmo graphics that this game has
>>
>>48157748
Fuck off retard. You can't do gymnastics in power armor.
>>
>>48157935
>Fuck off retard. You can't do gymnastics in power armor.

Even though fa/tg/uys have been claiming Space Marines are lightning-fast murder-machines "in canon" for years?

Hahahaha, oh man. Of course as soon as a developer takes you stupid fucks at your word, you immediately realise how stupid that idea is.
>>
>>48157935
He's already doing mental gymnastics to shill for moba40k
>>
>>48157935

Yes you can. Even in that crappy ultramarines movie marines bounced around like they were moonwalking, and Ragnar used to have the same 4+ "lightning reflexes" invul save against bullets Lelith does.
>>
>>48157969
>>48157973
You are trying too hard
>>
>>48157997
Holy shit just go make a thread on /v/ and go there you fucking faggot
>>
>>48157935
>gymnastics

I am just saying that all portrays of space marines are equally canon. The game devs can pick and choose whatever they like from 40K lore to represent their own canon version of 40K marines.
>>
>>48152861
>fixed
It is the same demo from E3 trailer.
Gabriel, semi tragic hero and wise leader is now khrone beserker type dude who jumps and spins his hammer, like absolute madman. Guess BR also "found" butchers nails
I know that purpose of demo was to showcase Gabriel and Solana, but I woulkd rather see a demo whitout them, with regular units only, cuz if you take away flashyness and eplileptic unfriendly everything, it looks like every unit has some type of advantage and disvantage and it is required to use strategy.
>>
>>48158088

It's completely normal for space marines to develop like that. Ulric the Slayer has just grown more angry and aggressive with age and he's the spiritual leader of the yiffs.
>>
>>48157935
Actually you can. Thanks to the black carapace power armor basically does not encumber a space marine at all and acts like a second skin. Space Marines can do jumps, flips, spins, etc, etc all in power armor, and run as fast as an automobile.

TERMINATOR ARMOR on the other hand is NOT mobile. While a Space Marine in terminator armor can still run pretty fast, their ability to maneuver is shit. You can run fast in terminator armor, but good luck turning around to avoid that wall. A space marine in terminator armor most certainly cannot do flips, it just weighs too fucking much. In fact terminators can't use stairs.
>>
>>48158115
But Termies have blackflipped before.
>>
>>48158012
I'm not going to your home
>>
Why can't we keep video game threads on the video game board? It would reduce the shitposting immensely.
>>
>>48158037
>The game devs can pick and choose whatever they like from 40K lore

Yes they can. But it doesn't explain why they chose the stupidest, most inappropriate piece of lore there. The bit that contradicts every other piece of material on the topic. And it doesn't mean we shouldn't point out how retarded it looks.
>>
>>48158152
GW is satisfied with their accuracy, otherwise they wouldn't give the lisence.
>>
>>48158125
In a CS Goto novel.
>>
>>48158152
That's like your opinion but in reality 40K can be viewed and portrayed in many ways because the setting has almost nothing set in stone.

Relic wanted their game to be fast paced and dynamic. Lucky for them there are a few pieces in 40K, that are as valid as the rest, that justify making their game that way.
>>
>>48157870
>(hoping for a Baneblade)
Wait for the expansions.

Now they need to fix the Devastators so that their Lascannons won't shoot a constant beam.
>>
>>48158115
>TERMINATOR ARMOR on the other hand is NOT mobile.
Unless we're talking about the Tartaros, but even then it would be impossible to jump around like Gabe does in DoWIII...unless his suit has some gravitic harness that allows him to pull off this kind of stunts.
>>
>>48158278
Also he's a chapter master, I mean sure he isn't a Primarch, but considering all the ridiculous shit that other SM Chapter Masters get away with it would be incredibly stupid to give all of them a pass and then throw a hissy-fit that Gabe has some kind of whatever that lets him do backflips in Termie Gear.

Fuck, he probably stole a gravity-manipulating artifact, said it was a gift, and shoved it up his ass.

It really could *look* better, I don't disagree with that, but on principle a CM doing something outrageous/unexpected is not really that out of line for the setting.
>>
>>48158198
>massive corporations care about things other then making the most money possible

They're actually legally required to behave this way, they'll have a shareholder revolt on the other hands. It's a business not a fucking artists' collective.
>>
>>48158384
*on their hands otherwise.
>>
>>48158384
The video games have for the most part been a huge success. As long as the shareholders trust their decisions or explanations for poor output there's literally no reason for them to behave differently.
>>
>>48158418
>I can't read
What has any of this got to do with what I just said? Massive corporations worth millions of dollars don't make important decisions like who's going to make their video game based on how true to their vision it is, that would be retarded.

I referred to a shareholder revolt because that's what you would have if a corporation actually openly behaved in this idiotic manner, not because I think this trailer is going to cause that you nitwit.
>>
>>48152861
I just don't like how Gabe's running animation looked like he's prancing around.
Too cartoony.
>>
>>48157703
>>48157735

Backflipping terminators is a myth spread by a shitty 1d4chan article made by an illiterate. It was the Eldar the termie was fighting that did the backflip. Marines are nowhere near as fast as Eldar and termies are defined by being slow and purposeful.
>>
>>48158115
>Thanks to the black carapace power armor basically does not encumber a space marine

Even the lightest model of power armour, Corvus pattern, encumbers you. They make a thing about it in the Thorpe RG novel where the dude fighting without power armour as a speed advantage over the guy in full Corvus.
>>
I actually like the colourful aesthetic ;(
>>
>>48158802
Nice for you then, to me its almost as off putting as the ridiculous particle effects and dumbed down everything.

I really hate when games go down this route, dont give unites "special abilities" to make them different, just make a competent RTS without silly gimmicks instead.
>>
>some pandering waifu knight instead of an old man space knight
dumb, yo
>>
This looks fucking terrible.

Makes DoW2 look like a masterpiece.
>>
>>48152861
from this I can tell that the eldar are the jobbers of the game and the Orks are the super elites
I can dig it
>>
>>48152861
>Looks like they really fixed all the animation problems from before, where everything looked weightless and weak.

Fucking Artas in terminator armour jumping up and spinning his hammer like a fucking helicopter. Also is like 3-4 meters tall and can jump 10-15 meters up like a fucking Mario. Narrator sounds really proud of it. PLS NO.
>>
>>48158865
What was wrong with DoW2 again? Better graphics, better voice acting, better music, more impactful combat, better campaigns overall (Retribution might have been meh, but it was still better than Soulstorm).

No base building and lower unit caps, sure, but the base building and blobby, grindy combat of 1 were so boring that I don't actually see that as a bad thing at all.
>>
*backflips into air*
pshh, nothing personnel, xenos.
*throws hammer over his head, spinning*
take a load of this!
*avalanche ensues*
Ground shatterin performance I dare say...
>>
File: Do not want.jpg (38 KB, 420x317) Image search: [Google]
Do not want.jpg
38 KB, 420x317
>>48152861
>still haven't replaced the trailer VA with superior DOW 1 VA
>>
>>48158970
speaking of VAs the knight's voice sounds kinda like the Voices of the banshees from... 2 I think? Just without a filter
>>
File: warpspider.gif (1 MB, 320x277) Image search: [Google]
warpspider.gif
1 MB, 320x277
>>48152861

>"Swarming with Eldar" as if Eldar are a horde army
>Aspect Warriors just standing there and getting mulched like Guardsman by a terminator that is more agile than them

CS Goto has gone from writing the DoW books to directing the games.
>>
File: what the fug.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
what the fug.png
11 KB, 211x246
>people are actually defending this shit without even a hint of irony

God damn Eternal Crusade looks better than this shit.
>>
>>48158998
"But mah huge battles, mah epic scale!"

This is what DoW 1 faggots wanted.
>>
>>48159010

>God damn Eternal Crusade looks better than this shit.

Let's not go too far.
>>
File: EC striking scorpion gameplay.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
EC striking scorpion gameplay.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>48159018
I am not going too far.
Eternal Crusade looks way better, than DoW 3.
>>
>>48159010
Speaking of EC, Nids are inbound.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlcQlwQnghE
>>
>>48159017
What I really don't get is why they've gone with eldar as the enemy faction for the trailers. Do they not realize how stupid it looks to see them blobbed up like that? They could've gone with orks, nids, CSM, guardsmen, hell, even tau fire warriors would look less out of place with that gameplay style.
>>
>>48158998

Reminder that in the battle of orar's sepulchre Eldar hordes tried overrunning ultramarines. Eldar swarms are canon.
>>
>>48159098

>Citing the most infamous bit of Ward fluff

That's conceding the argument.
>>
I still think Titus is the best portrayal yet of how space marine's move and fight
>>
>>48159049

What the fuck is even happening in that webm? It's got the same pukey colour palette, but I've seen fucking rock formations that look smoother than those animations. At least DoW3 looks like it's running properly.
>>
>>48159092

Perhaps because that's what they have modelled thus far?
>>
>>48159105

But it's canon, you could make an argument if it was from some fanzine but this is codex fluff.
>>
>>48159125
They probably should have held off on the trailers until they could make a less shit first impression, then.
>>
>>48159113
Are you blind?
A striking scorpion attacks an apocathery from stealth.

Also
>calling the animations in that web shit, while defending DoW 3.

I don't see backflipping terminators in that webm.
>>
So at least looks better than Starcraft2 right?
>>
>>48159135

>Canon

Literally no one is arguing this. It has no bearing on the point being made. Ward/Goto fluff is hated because it's terrible not because it's non canon.
>>
>>48159135
>5th Edition
A lot of Ward's stuff got retconned.
>>
>>48159146
>So at least looks better than Starcraft 2 right?
Cannot disagree here.
>>
>>48159138

>Stealth
>He literally just walks STRAIGHT at him, but is invisible because LOL CROUCHED

Some really well thought out stealth mechanics there. Really put a lot of thought into them.

>I don't see backflipping terminators in that webm.
>You in charge of comprehension

Clearly talking about the technical aspect. Retarded as it is to have him flipping, it at least looks smooth and doesn't look like it was programmed by a 9 year old. That webm you posted was a jittery mess of random flailing, spasming camera and pure jank.

Even from an aesthetic standpoint it's no better. Those are the most uninspired fucking attacks possible. The scorpion doesn't swing his chainsword any different from the marine and the only unique part of that exchange of swings was that stupid fucking kick. As disappointing as DoW3 is looking at hasn't been in development as long as the zero effort abortion that is EC.
>>
>>48157973
"Ultramarines the movie" is a valid argument now.
>>
>>48159146
>>48159183
No Anon Sc2 still looks better
>>
>>48159146
>>48159183
>>48159252
You do realise that you are comparing a bull turd with horse turd? One might looks slightly better but it does not change the fact that it is, well, turd.
>>
>>48159146
It looks like devs are trying so hard to be better than Starcraft they forgot they aren't doing Starcraft.
>>
File: Deal with it.gif (914 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
Deal with it.gif
914 KB, 500x447
>>48152861
Despite Gabriel's bad animations, bad voice, bad portrait, bad... everything, I'm actually looking forward to this. It reminds me a lot of the original Dawn of War which is my favorite vidya and got me into tabletop gaming years ago.

I'm not hyped- events over the last few years have proven hype for video games to be utterly foolish- but I'm optimistic about DoW3.
>>
Gameplay looks pretty cool, but
>Dat Angelos voice
>Dat Angelos hero icon
>Terminator flips
>WraithBLADES

I can understand that its pre alpha and a lot is going to be changed but dear god the small details hurt my insides. Hopefully they manage to get some of the old VAs in, because it aint Angelos unless its proper Angelos voice. Same goes for the Dread and the Marines.

One thing I'm wondering though, how come he's using the Dauntless? Why isn't Angelos in charge of the Retribution...or even the Omnis Arcanum, since he's the chapter master now.
>>
>>48157870

Yeah, it looks pretty decent from that gameplay video at least. I actually think the characters/units look fine; the only thing I really have an issue with graphically is the environments which look like they were ported from Torchlight.

I'd still like to see Total-War-scale battles in the 40k universe but this at least this looks like a step in the 'bigger' direction.
>>
File: 1318437671364.jpg (338 KB, 1280x1168) Image search: [Google]
1318437671364.jpg
338 KB, 1280x1168
>>48158998
>as if Eldar are a horde army
compared to space marines, they are

They literally arm their civilian populace as militia and send them in as their primary fighting force. They bring eldar back from the fucking dead to turn them into soldiers.

Aspect hosts are not common.
>>
>>48159197
Your /v/ is showing again anon. Seriously, if you're going to post like them why not just stick to their board?
>>
>>48159173

Nothing about that Orar's sepulchre though.

And also things like the Thule Intervention: "Eldar come with a large army, Space Marines surround them and slap their shit" is a more common scenario than you think.
>>
>>48159388
None of that equates to using actual horde tactics, you nimrod. Even guardians rely on mobility, cover and gear.
>>
>>48157870
>base building is even more simplified, no listening posts, turrets and mines
>there doesn't appear to be any customization for heroes and abilities are mostly just AoE damage
>massive armies of ineffective mooks that have zero customizability and require almost no tactics and are all rock-paper-scissors
>terminators running around as fast as tactical marines, squads all have the same weapon
>the blood is overshadowed by all the massive particle effects all over the place, even though they said they lowered the graphics to make the game less demanding and offer better visibility and recognition
It's a shit mix of 1 and 2, nothing more. And the animations are seriously retarded.

>>48157754
Compare even the most gaudy units from DoW 1 and 2, like EC, BA, Eldar or Tau, to the bright colours of 3. It's not the same.

>>48157969
>>48157973
Marines are fast and strong as fuck, even in Terminator armor, that's true. But no amount of speed, strength and agility will make Marines in Terminator armor be capable of leaping through the air, performing gymnastics while twirling Power Hammers.

>>48157703
>>48158125
Give me a single piece of fluff in which that happens. Because Terminators do not do backflips in the Goto novel.
>>
>>48159423
Seriously...

Why do they make Eldar into like a normal army? They should be always portrayed as a fast-moving hit and run force and only resolve to stuff involving Wraith Knights or other super-heavies that aren't so fast as a final resolve.
>>
>>48159504
>Even guardians rely on mobility, cover and gear.
They're equipped little better than guardsmen (technically they used to be equipped IDENTICALLY to guardsmen), and rely entirely on their superior physiology and psychic leadership to give themselves an advantage in warfare.

Where eldar technological superiority comes into play is with their vehicles (and aspect warriors), but the vast majority of their forces are just advanced mooks put in the right place at the right time by the farseers.
>>
Kellie is such a qt
>>
The two things I don't like are Gabriel's animations for jumping and the really stupid hammer twirl. Everything else looks k.
>>
>>48152861
This really doesn't inspire confidence. There's still some wonky animations, Gabe's voice is all wrong (placeholder, maybe?) and the narrator really doesn't sound like he's into what he's selling.

The whole focus on readability really undermines the aesthetic, I think, as does some of the changes. The lascannons in this might be mechanically interesting, but they feel completely wrong. You can change up weapons/introduce new variants without making them feel wrong(like the Melta Gun in Space Marine), but those miss the mark. The only thing that feels vaguely right is the Knight, but even then the gattling cannons feel weightless when they're hitting stuff.
>>
>>48159511
>i worked this all out from 2 pre alpha gameplay demos

Wew lad
>>
>>48157870
Base building is garbage and I wish they hadn't listened to people. DoW2's scale was perfect, but everyone wants to wank on about huge armies in unmanagable spamfests.
>>
>>48152861
I want this game to be good I really do, but everytime I see gameplay footage of it, I lose more faith in it. This just looks like Starcraft 2 mixed with a MOBA.

>>48158943
My problems with DoW2 where the fact every army, outside of the heroes, felt the same and had little variance between them. Each army had a 'light' infantry unit, a ranged unit with heavy weapons that required set-up time, a CQC unit, a 'medium' general purpose unit, some sort of 'elite' infantry unit, a transport, a walker, a tank and a super heavy of some description. Compared to the greater variety of DoW1 and a lack of base building, it just felt dull to me.

Add that to the fact your resources were tied to what were essentially magic buttons in the ground that you couldn't really defend because, due to the smaller scale, there was no reason to ever split your forces up.

As for your pros, the first three should be better than the originally, the game came out about a decade later. The combat being more impactful I'll give you, but having a better campaign, while nice, isn't really why most people buy strategy games. And Soulstrom is an unfair comparison, that game was trash unless modded.

>>48159112
You are right and that makes me sad because we will never get a Space Marine 2.

>>48159314
Welcome to the AAA video game industry, where whenever a company isn't explicitly trying something new, they'll just blindly take components from the most successful games of that moment, and jam them together in a vain attempt to make a cohesive product.
>>
>>48152861

It looks like simplified casual garbage desu.
The cover mechanics are simplified, the combat is simplified and static, the abilities are simplified (just aoe ability spam up the ass), and the sole focus seems to be on the "ebin super units :DDD" over the actual armies you lead.
The Basebuilding looks extremely fucking simple (the narrator even says that in the demo "most of the base" is provided already), so the argument that basebuilding would ad some depth to the game is already moot.
I am not even gonna touch the absolutely dog shit aesthetical direction, and stupid looking animations.

Anyone who defends this pile of shit is god damn delusional. The info that has been released thus far points to the game being worse than both DOW 1 and 2.
I didn't believe that it was possible to fuck up a sequel this bad.

All Relic had to do was to take DoW 2, increase it's scale to the point where vehicles actually work properly, and armies outside of marines and eldar can actually show off their numerical superiority and bring back some basebuilding elements, to armies to whom such elements fit, and vola, it would have been a good sequel.
But no, we get this shit instead. The worst aspects of both DoW 1 and 2 combined into a shallow, stale mess that seems to be designed to attract the moba audience.
>>
This looks shitty, still. And they passed up a perfect chance at showing off just how what an "odd" turn science has taken in the 40th millenium. The portrait for Solaria should have been showing a fucking hag half-melded to the Knight she is riding. Preferably with more flaws like nervous ticks and fits of rage.

Piloting a Knight takes it's toll, but none of that is shown in the Solaria character so far.
>>
>>48159771

Have you even read the novels and background books about knights? It's not a titan or a penitent engine, there can be literally any kind of pilots.
>>
>>48159698
>there are only gameplay reveals, confirmed media information and various developer commentaries avalaible, how dare you construct your own opinion from them
>>
>>48159733
Don't care about the rest of your post but the basebuilding shown was more an exhibition of the models than anything else. The way I got it, most building were built already for the purpose of the preview.
>>
>>48159771
Knights are perfectly fine people you silly. The only painful part is the last rite when they connect the pilot and the machine for the first time. After that it handles like a dream, without all the personnality and machine spirit problems that happen xith a titan.

The only influence of the knight ipon the pilot is that the machine imbues a deep sense of honor and chivalry in the pilot through unknown connections.
>>
File: A Vague Sense of Unease.jpg (376 KB, 667x900) Image search: [Google]
A Vague Sense of Unease.jpg
376 KB, 667x900
>>48152861
>Gabriel's new voice
>>
>>48160007

They have silly habits tho
>House Hasburg
>There is little information in regards to this Imperial Knight Household. They are a hidebound knightly house, whose days are almost wholly consumed tending to the obscure and esoteric tenets of tradition. At the dawn of every day the entire court must gather to hear the reading of the names and deeds of every ruler of the house, dating back to its foundation millennia before; there are hundreds of names, and the process takes up most of the day.
>>
>>48159733
>cover mechanics are simplified
Pretty much work like buildings in other RTSs
>the abilities are simplified (just aoe ability spam up the ass)
They're showing flashy abilities for the demo. Plus those abilities had a decent delay and plenty of warning for an opponent paying attention.
>the sole focus seems to be on the "ebin super units :DDD" over the actual armies you lead
They're showing flashy units for the demo.
>The Basebuilding looks extremely fucking simple
We have very little information on that at this point.

>Anyone who defends this pile of shit is god damn delusional.
Or they could be reserving judgment until there is more information.
>>
>>48160915
>Pretty much work like buildings in other RTSs
Which is a straight up downgrade from DoW 2 which had far better cover mechanics than most other rts games have.

>they are just showing off flashy stuff!
Not a defense that excuses that flashy stuff looking like crap, and extremely shallow gameplay wise.

>We have very little information on that at this point.
And what info we got paints a picture of an extremely shallow basebuilding system.

You can reserve judgement all you want, but as far as first impressions go, DoW 3 looks like utter garbage.
>>
>>48158833
Sweaty dudes doing sweaty dude things all day, erryday gets pretty old.
>>
File: 1413999384776.jpg (20 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1413999384776.jpg
20 KB, 640x640
>>48160362

>they didn't bring back Paul Dobson
>>
>>48159720
>every army, outside of the heroes, felt the same and had little variance between them
I can't exactly argue how the game feels to you, but I think that's largely an illusion caused by the more strongly defined unit roles and tiers. Neither nids or Chaos had transports, for example, and the IG had a walker made of tinfoil and no reliable melee outside of ogryns at T2. Eldar had almost no tanky units, nids didn't have anything that required set-up, orks had to spend red to use most of their abilities, etc, etc. And sure, all the factions had super heavy units, but they all fulfilled vastly different purposes.

Honestly, I think DoW2's biggest sin was not explaining half the unit abilities properly. How many people knew that the Avatar of Khaine would give nearby infantry a buff against ranged damage and suppression, or that Catachans could do stupidly high melee damage if they just stayed alive long enough?

>there was no reason to ever split your forces up
It's a recipe for getting your territory stolen by scout units, although that requires a moderately skilled opponent, of course.
>>
>>48160771
If I ever get around building a Knight force, I'll make House Blackskull.

>Triumph of House Blackskull (559.M41) >The major knightly houses of the planet of Scuptium VII are all but destroyed in the initial stages of a vast Ork invasion. Only the heroics of the world's least favoured house, Blackskull, prevent their entire sub-continent from being overrun. Eventually the last twelve Knights of the ruined house retake their entire planet.

The outsider succeeding against all ods is always heartwarming.
>>
>>48161257
Can we infer that piloting a knight is sweaty in general?
>>
>>48163076
Probably, but at least it's a sweaty dudette instead, to mix things up a bit.
>>
>>48159771
Not even warhound pilots suffer that badly.
>>
>>48163377

Yeah, piloting a knight doesn't cause real problems unless the knight is broken or something. Many of the knights live in actual medieval conditions without electricity and don't differ from medieval knights when not in their mechs.
>>
>>48158115
IT'S LIKE WEARING NOTHING AT ALL
>>
File: we want the lol audience.png (467 KB, 671x501) Image search: [Google]
we want the lol audience.png
467 KB, 671x501
>that ninja flipping terminator armor
>>
>>48159682
>but even then the gattling cannons feel weightless when they're hitting stuff.

The frontal sweep ability does the destructive power justice but let's be honest here.
You simply can't have dual-dakka knight let lose as it would under realistic conditions because it would tear everything to shreds just like when using that ability, just all the time.

Honestly, they should have gone with an actual Imperial Knight pattern with an auto-cannon like in the trailer.
>>
File: 52.jpg (391 KB, 668x1212) Image search: [Google]
52.jpg
391 KB, 668x1212
>>48163711

Maybe it's a Callidus impersonating Gabe.

I read something about an anti-grav generator installed into God Splitter in the DoW forum tho.
>>
>>48159049
Eternal Crusade will be dead to me until they go open world. If I can't fly a squad over to back cap a base or blast and run over endless waves of F2P Orks in a squad of Vindicators I'm not interested.

On that note at least it doesn't have shitty Lascannons.
>>
File: Imperial Knight.jpg (233 KB, 854x1029) Image search: [Google]
Imperial Knight.jpg
233 KB, 854x1029
>>48163748
>Honestly, they should have gone with an actual Imperial Knight pattern with an auto-cannon like in the trailer.

That's a rapid-fire BATTLE-cannon to you, peasant.
>>
>>48158543
Nope. Power armor multiplies the strength of a space marine by ten and increases his agility as well, with zero negative factor courtesy of the black carapace. Thorpe is also a retard, and those Dark Angel books were horrible and contradicted their motherfucking Codex.
>>
>>48163746
Nice one, mon-keigh
>>
File: Forgeworld Tau in 2020.jpg (77 KB, 736x777) Image search: [Google]
Forgeworld Tau in 2020.jpg
77 KB, 736x777
>>48163849
Who you calling peasant, chump?

How tall are Knights, anyway?
>>
>>48163942
this. if space marines are to be the precision surgical tools they should be they must be fast as fuck
>>
File: 63666.gif (210 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
63666.gif
210 KB, 500x500
The scale of the battles is still too small

why cant they make a total war scale 40k game
>>
File: disgust.jpg (19 KB, 239x207) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
19 KB, 239x207
this game looks cartoony as fuck

why the fuck is Gabriel 2x the size of other space marines, not just because of his armor?

>ninja flipping termies in tabletop when?
>deep striking Knights in tabletop when?
>resource cap speed fucking sanic levels
>cover now gives COMPLETE protection from ranged fire in a 360 degree radius for the duration of its health

this game looks like complete trash right now, unless they overhaul the garbage mechanics which is most of the game this is going to be a laughing stock of Relic that will cement their grave over
>>
>>48164003
i want to play a game where you're a single generic trooper or sergeant and you are placed in the middle of a crazy big battle and you try to survive and obey your orders but you end up duying all the time. like those artworks of battles
>>
>all these faggots so butthurt about the "canonical integrity" of leaping Terminators
>>
These animations hurt my eyes. It's not about WHAT they represent, aka termininjas, it's just how hilariously badly they're done.

I seriously hope that they will fix it, it's still alpha after all but jesus christ.
>>
File: tumblr_n8sk99g3vd1sjel1co1_500.jpg (127 KB, 465x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n8sk99g3vd1sjel1co1_500.jpg
127 KB, 465x750
>>48163965
>Who you calling peasant, chump?
The gaudy xenophile without an ounce of noble blood espousing his xenos blasphemy as some kind of virtue.

>How tall are Knights, anyway?
9-11m~ish for the Questoris chassis and about 14-15m~ish for the Cerastus chassis.
>>
>>48164212
looks like that meganob ninjaflipped himself on top of that knight. it's fucking canon boys
>>
>>48164107
>literally every Terminator fluff piece describes how clunky and shit at turning they are, despite being still surprisingly fast and agile
>Angelos prancing about before leaping into the air, doing a backflip and twirling a giant ass hammer looks like something straight out of an anime
>the animation itself is not that well done
Even if you disregard the canon breaking, it's still shit.
>>
File: 4c2.png (347 KB, 705x500) Image search: [Google]
4c2.png
347 KB, 705x500
>>48164212
>9-11m~ish for the Questoris chassis and about >14-15m~ish for the Cerastus chassis.

Wow, Warhammer 40k is pretty shit in the giant robot game considering its length comparing tendencies.

The standard MSG is 20 meters.
That thing is practically a midget in comparison.

>9-11 meters
That's the size of those smallest mechs in Battletech.
>>
>>48164411
youre posting in a 40k thread and you don't know about titans?
>>
>>48164411
knights are the smallest mechs in 40k, retard.
>>
>>48164411
>Wow, Warhammer 40k is pretty shit in the giant robot game considering its length comparing tendencies.
Imperial Knights aren't even the largest super-heavy walker in the game or universe. They might actually be the smallest class of super-heavy walker in 40k now that I think of it.

If you want proper 'giant' (10m is still a fucking walking building) robots, you have the Titans. And it's more about firepower than sheer size. A single Knight is enough to fuck up a 40k sized cityblock, whereas a battle-titan will wipe a city off the map.

>That's the size of those smallest mechs in Battletech.
Closer to most Heavy mechs if I don't misremember, actually.
>>
File: Eva_scale_rebuild.jpg (142 KB, 1000x815) Image search: [Google]
Eva_scale_rebuild.jpg
142 KB, 1000x815
>>48164535
I'm not a retard, anon.
I just always thought they were the end-all to anything that's not Gunbuster-level retarded in size (think Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann).
But they are actually pretty tiny compared to your usual mecha, even Battletech stuff.

Battletech caps off at 23-ish meters for the tallest mech and that is already Reaver-sized.
Mecha goes much, much further.
Evas get some 80m (70 if you exclude those lock-on pylons) and that is already in Imperator Titan category.
Of course, for a real-robo example, SDF-1 Macross puts all of Wh40k to shame with its 320m of pure height in the battle mode.

I just thought that Wh40k cannon goes full retard with these things but Tau have Imperium beat in a few years.
>>
File: 1365769164982.jpg (243 KB, 756x1024) Image search: [Google]
1365769164982.jpg
243 KB, 756x1024
>>48164411
Yeah ok, but do you have ladders for your giant mechs?
>>
File: Best_53a55d_2303209.jpg (63 KB, 744x415) Image search: [Google]
Best_53a55d_2303209.jpg
63 KB, 744x415
>>48164648
Why get them ladders when you can tell them to hitchhike rockets?
>>
>>48164411
The tallest titans in 40k are around 100 meters
>>
File: 1392331234465.jpg (498 KB, 1600x1168) Image search: [Google]
1392331234465.jpg
498 KB, 1600x1168
>>48164694
fascinating, but you still lack a cathedral.
>>
File: SDF1-Attack_Plus-4-Na.jpg (74 KB, 720x544) Image search: [Google]
SDF1-Attack_Plus-4-Na.jpg
74 KB, 720x544
>>48164699
SDF-1 Macross here is 320m.

And it's pretty much what I always imagined Emperor titans to have easily beat in comparison.

>>48164726
Yeah, well, we can transport into a giant fucking battleship.
Take that, Emperor.

>Just to make sure we are on equal grounds here, I'm just goofing off from a slight size shock, I'm not trying to insult this place or anything.
>Just an innocent play of my robot's bigger than yours for a game that is supposed to feature these beauties.
>>
>>48164794

Emperors are actually 40-50m tall. Even 100m is wank
>>
>inb4 imperial navy ships vs. star wars ships
>>
File: Warhamer-titan.jpg (140 KB, 452x595) Image search: [Google]
Warhamer-titan.jpg
140 KB, 452x595
>>48164794
Amazing, have this titan.
>>
>>48164041
What is Only War?
>>
>>48164839
Boo, no cathedral.

And that Imp. Guard at the bottom seems to give no fucks about the situation at hand.
>>
>>48164943
Its just another Tuesday for him
>>
File: Kev_walker_imperius_dictatio.jpg (171 KB, 558x800) Image search: [Google]
Kev_walker_imperius_dictatio.jpg
171 KB, 558x800
>>48164794
I raise you a Warlord-Class Titan
>>
>>48164642
>But they are actually pretty tiny compared to your usual mecha,
More or less, but their firepower is pretty severe. Some even mount anti-orbital guns.

They're basically the noisy crickets of mecha, with the crazy size being handled by the space ships.
>>
>>48165024
is that ladder on the gun about 2 meters high?
>>
File: p4ZBg3V.jpg (186 KB, 965x627) Image search: [Google]
p4ZBg3V.jpg
186 KB, 965x627
I should bring the thread back on topic so...
Do you guys think the Wraightknight will be the tallest unit put into the game?

They are confirmed but they already tower over Imp. Knights. I can imagine all kind of awkward stuff happening with stuff like melee animations when this comes onto the field.
>>
File: Picture1.1.jpg (54 KB, 620x461) Image search: [Google]
Picture1.1.jpg
54 KB, 620x461
>>48165024
>yfw a downed Warlord in modern DoW3 graphics like that one map from Winter Crusade.

Oh man, that was so cool... and I think Relic agreed since they recycled the guns for the Imp. Guard strongholds in other expansions.
>>
>>48164984
That's probably because it's ALWAYS another Tuesday for the Imperial Guard.

...someone should clear up that temporal anomaly.
>>
>>48152861
>3 races
come on really? just give us Soulstorm 2 already and be done

a Soulstorm re-release with updated engine/graphics, some tighter controls and slightly more balance units would be fucking amazing, instead we get this hodge-podge of DoW and DoW:2 with moba elements and cartoonish art styles, plus yeah the token woman that others in the thread have mentioned which doesn't fit in at all with the lore
>>
>>48165265
The biggest thing I'm looking forward to in DoW3 is the mod support. Relic likes the modding community so once those mod/map making tools come and they better have tools I can imagine people getting to work on apocalypse sized maps and titans.
>>
>>48152861

I like it, then again, I'm used to not follow the flow of /tg/´s negativity. To me its just about everything I would want in a DoW 3 so far.
>Big units
>Cool environment, such as defrayable landscape, even if its only graphical
>Base building back from DoW 1

I'm not a huge fan of the cartoony "WoW" graphics, but Ill take it, and I think it looks fine.
Bonus point to the start of the film
>the eldar however, are unbalanced
She has no idea how right she is!
>>
>>48164221
Its Orks, they can get away with it.
>>
>>48163761
I've said it once but I'm going to say it again.
Girl abs are the fucking best.
>>
>>48165449
Hope is the first step for disapointment, but I won't be part of the "IT'S RUINED REEEEEEEE" train just because everyone else are there too. I know I laughed at /v/ after the new Doom came out and it turned out good.
>>
File: AngryLove Lives.jpg (373 KB, 2244x708) Image search: [Google]
AngryLove Lives.jpg
373 KB, 2244x708
>>48165193
>Guardian just as tall as the Marine
>>
>>48165600
I'm now wondering how will orcs look in the DoW style with PBR.
>>
>>48165265
Aren't the Titans in DC and SS even bigger?
>>
File: 1453633447839.jpg (27 KB, 451x232) Image search: [Google]
1453633447839.jpg
27 KB, 451x232
>>48152861
>Cover system is now garbage, downgrade from 2, craters at least made sense in 1, but this shit?
>Couldn't even do Halo Wars-style cover, which could have been alright for the scale
>The cannon barrage of the Dreadnoughts from 2 has more impact then anything the Knight did in the whole demo
>Every squad is a blob, not individual squad mates now
>Units play like rock-paper-scissors
>Gabriel's voice acting

Well, I'm probably gonna buy it regardless and always hate myself for it.
>>
>>48165712
Yeah, it slightly overshoots but we're talking about a really miniscule difference.

Wraithknights are simply considerably taller.
>>
>>48165712
Not really, just has tall enough hat to make up for the difference.
>>
>>48165827
Why would you buy this garbage when it is clearly garbage? Especially when there are better 40k games around, and just behind the corner.
>>
>>48165916
I love the series. A series about to be ruined. And I will like a good captain go down with my vessel, seeing every moment of its demise.
>there are better 40k games around, and just behind the corner
Which? Am I missing something?
>>
>>48152861

I wonder why they didn't put the Stompa into the game as the Ork Epic Unit.

At least the first game put the Gargantuan Squiggoth in.
>>
>>48165961
Battlefleet Gothic is absolutely fantastic, and Deathwing is supposed to be coming out sometimes this year, or early next year.

Even Eternal Crusade is looking better than DoW 3 right now.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (578 KB, 2842x1434) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
578 KB, 2842x1434
>>48165970
Stompa is a titan, isn't it?

Plus, if you haven't noticed yet, they are supposed to sell GW's new gigantic (acually small) mecha toyline to the vidya peeps.
>>
>>48166031

>titan

It's been debated a lot actually.

Some argue there is a difference between Stompas and true Gargants (Gargants, Great Gargants and Mega-Gargants) for some odd reason, despite the Stompa itself being called referred to as the smallest type of Gargant.

As I've been told, it's the Ork equivalent of the Wraith Knight or Imperial Knight.
>>
>>48166020
>Even Eternal Crusade is looking better than DoW 3 right now.

Nah'. You're exaggerating and quite heavily so.
They absolutely fucked up the original reveal with an amazing trailer followed by screenshots ranging from horrible to Newborn Cuties that ticked off a shit ton of people including me.

However, by E3, they have fixed that issue except people, for some really weird reason, love to hate a potentially great game and so they come up with increasingly weird reasons as to why it sucks.

Must be shit being such a depressed bunch.
>>
>>48166020
Ya I already play BFGA, love it. Though honestly wtf how do I into Space Marines?

Also, I don't know about Eternal Crusade, I haven't kept up. I'm also somewhat leery about the pay to play side of it.
>>
>>48166168
>Also, I don't know about Eternal Crusade, I haven't kept up. I'm also somewhat leery about the pay to play side of it.

It is better to stay at the sidelines with that one.
Still, you must see this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXRdnJqXi1U
>>
>>48166138
M8, the shit in the op is the exact same shit they showed screenshots of when DOW 3 was announced.
The gameplay itself showed here is the exact same shit from e3 that had all the fucking problems people have mentioned in this very thread.
They haven't fixed shit.

> I'm also somewhat leery about the pay to play side of it.

What? You buy the game, and get to play it, just like any other game that ain't F2P. EC has no subscription or shit like that.
>>
File: Sad Strange Little Man.gif (485 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
Sad Strange Little Man.gif
485 KB, 500x223
>>48164373
>>
>>48164550
eeeh, I'd argue Dreadnaughts are technically mechs.
>>
>>48166204
>That dialogue
Is this part of the game? This gloriously hilarious voice change? I may have suddenly acquired a greater need for Eternal Crusade.
>>
>>48166320
If only, it's just the guy having a shitload of fun with a bug report. But yeah, it's solid gold.
>>
>>48164550

What about the Dreadnoughts, War Walkers, Sentinels, Deff Dreads and Killa Kans?
>>
>>48166216
Meant to quote this post too>>48166168
>>
File: 1297196763602.png (246 KB, 900x557) Image search: [Google]
1297196763602.png
246 KB, 900x557
>Imperial Knight telling the Chapter Master of a fucking Space Marine Chapter what to do
>>
>>48166404
Still better than the shit that sergant pulled all the time in Retribution.
>>
>>48166431
To be fair Tarkus was probably the most experienced of the bunch.
>>
>>48166379
Wait aren't orks the only F2P race while everything else is unlocked with cash?
>>
Whatever happened to vanilla ice anyways?
I didnt play retribution but they apparently replaced him with captain grim-bald
>>
>>48166431
>Talkin shit abour Merrick

Massive balls of steel for backtalk and a decent CO in the guard =/= Knight telling a Master of a Space Marine Chapter what to do
>>
>>48166459

Supposedly they sent him and Thaddeus on a penitent crusade after the events of the second Aurellian Crusade to atone for grievous transgressions committed during such (the second ending of Chaos Rising).

This is said to be hinted to in the description of the Force Commander's Thunder Hammer, which an be found in Retribution as War Gear.
>>
>>48166441
You buy the game and get everything in it other than some cosmetic crap. F2P orks were planned, but I dunno if the devs are still on board with that plan.
>>
>>48166404
Knight Houses have a lot of power. And, besides which, she clearly isn't giving Angelos orders, just trying to deter him from a bull-headed approach.
>>
File: eldar wraithjitsu.jpg (729 KB, 1575x1173) Image search: [Google]
eldar wraithjitsu.jpg
729 KB, 1575x1173
>>48164648
What the fuck is that reaver titan trying to do?
>Imperius Tarzanus
>>
>>48166204
Legion of the damned/10
>>
>>48158998
>literally says the Eldar AI was turned off for the purpose of the demo.
What the absolute fuck are you even bitching about?
>>
File: 1447878870891.png (116 KB, 228x260) Image search: [Google]
1447878870891.png
116 KB, 228x260
>>48164035
something else I just fucking noticed
at 8:50, the Eldar Tank hits the fucking cover the Eldar are using trying to shoot space marines on the other side because it's such a huge bubble
all my fucking keks lads, this game looks terrible so far. please Relic, don't fuck up this hard
>>
Oh
My
God

look at the way the space marines run around the map
they look like fucking gazelle bouncing around
>>
>>48168637

LOW GRAV WORLD
>>
>>48168637
Weren't marines supposed to run like, crazy fast?
>>
>>48152861
mehhh... it looks kind of bad which sucks because when I read about what it was bringing to the table, I was excited for good ole DOW.

It bothers me more than it should that Gabriel is almost twice the size of the average space marine, and doesn't even dwarf in comparison to the knight. Only thing I could think of at the start was "why the fuck is he so huge?" His attacks are a little over the top with the twirling and tossing of his hammer like a moba hero. It's like there's no weight in his hammer.

The landscape is TOO BUSY!!!! They could take a page from starcraft 2 and make the landscape utilitarian and mostly clear for basebuilding and unit coherency. In here the units, gore, bullets, fire and details in the terrain all just wash into each other. Maybe that's the reason why Gabriel was made so fucking huge.

Dawn of War 1 made it a point to try to make the units look different. Only eldar units I could pick apart were shooty tiny guys, wraithguard, and tiny guys that melee so they must be banshees
>>
>>48170496
>and doesn't even dwarf in comparison to the knight.

>Only eldar units I could pick apart were shooty tiny guys, wraithguard, and tiny guys that melee so they must be banshees

Confirmed: You're blind.
>>
>>48152861
This narrator is awful.
>overheating makes your missiles incendiary
what?
>>
>>48171602
Heat is a mechanic. Why are on this board if you never played CBT?
>>
Compare this
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kssldOLDqzc
to this
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEQM9sbQ4fk
This mod has better production values
>>
>>48152861
So why has Gabe turned into a massive cunt?
>>
>>48172869

99% of the work was already done for the modder, by the same fucking company you're criticizing.
>>
>>48172869
>comparing a shitty fan trailer to a gameplay video

Why not compare it to the DoW3 trailer instead? Because the triple AAA CGI studio SEGA hired would blow you out of the water?
>>
File: dawn of war 3.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dawn of war 3.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>48152861
>>
>>48173291
No because
I chose gameplay because it's in engine trailer vs gameplay trailer.
>>
>>48173279
>99% of work...
>Comparing Slav magic to SEGA.
>>
>>48152861
I don't like dem lascannons.... I don't recall them shooting a continuous beam
>>
>>48173592
You dumb nigger.
It's pre-alpha footage. They specifically tell you that the animation and effects are not done.
>>
>>48173865
Anon... 5:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7JNTfrK3Yk
>>
>>48173887
I never said it didn't look bad.
I said those are placeholder visuals, as they said at the start of the video.

The game doesn't release for another year. Why on earth would they change the firing of lascannons into beams, when meltas are already beams?
>>
>The Eldar however are unbalanced.
It's just like the old Dawn of War games! How cute.
>>
>>48159388

>Aspect hosts are not common.

Horse shit. Even underpopulated cw's maintain Aspect hosts. Also, even Guardians are not used in fucking swarms.
>>
>>48159396

Au contrair, avoiding actually addressing any points in a longer post and responging with a brief shit post is the mark of the /v/irgin.
>>
>>48173865
>this
>pre alpha
I wish people remembered what a real alpha was.
>>
>>48163942

So even though you've been given a canon source, your response is just 'NOPE IT MAKES YOU STRONG THOUGH'! Power armour makes you stronger, not more agile. Muscle only goes some way to mitigating weight. If you're so fucking heavy the ground is breaking at your footfall you are not backflipping no matter how much you bench.
>>
>IT'S PREALPHA THE ENTIRE ART DIRECTION IS GOING TO CHANGE BEFORE RELEASE

when will this meme end
>>
>>48165712

You do realise Eldar are around 7 feet tall yeah?
>>
>>48167873

>What the absolute fuck are you even bitching about?
>Scenario has Dire Avengers comically screaming "WE'RE SAFE HERE" before getting out manoeuvred by a somersaulting terminator

Take a wild guess.
>>
>>48174687
Except Marines are exceptionally agile and capable of jumping great distances or moving so fast that people aren't even capable of seeing them.
>>
>Chaos is DLC

fuck off
>>
>>48174747

>so fast that people aren't even capable of seeing them.

Are you 11? You've been told there's stuff about even the lightest armour limiting their movement and you're responding by claiming they are faster than Eldar.
>>
>>48164816
Well, the little dots coming out of the Emperor's leg in the pic are humans, so it must be bigger than that.
>>
>>48165827
There were no individual squad mates in the previosu DOWs either you shittard.
>>
>>48152861
>Gabriel
>that move animation
>that hammer
>that cape
it's fucking Arthas in W3
kek
>>
>>48174903
Holy shit. You're right.

Thats a new level of trying to copy mobas.
They are even copying models from wc3. God damn
>>
>>48174903
>Glad u can make it Solaria
>>
>>48174811
Do you even read the Black Library?
>>
>>48174903
Exactly what I thought when I saw it.
>>
>>48174849
You could outfit squads with different weaponry and leaders. Here you can only give them all the same weapon and I doubt attaching special units will be possible.
They also removed sync kills and individual units taking up positions and moving in a cool way, so the squads feel even more blob-y.

Basically it has almost no connection to both previous DoWs and looks like a shit RTS on its own. The only thing going for it is that it's 40, but with Angelos acting like he is an anime character, Terminators zipping alongside prancing Devastators that have continious fire Lascanons and the shitty artstyle with overkill particle effects, they managed to fuck even that up.
>>
>>48163746
This should be OP picture for the next DOWIII thread.
>>
>>48174996
>Don't you take that tone with me, Lord. You may be my Lord but I'm still your waifu.
>>
>>48152861
>gameplay is same flimsy mishmash of rock paper scissors
>voice acting and dialogue still balls
>UI somehow even worse and uglier than before
>Pathfinding and unit cohesion still absolute shit

Why? Why do they bother?
>>
>>48176676
Trying to get the DoW1 ANNNNNNNNNNNND the Starcraft/Age of Empire crowds.
>>
>>48176722
It won't work. They haven't really improved anything. This looks more like a DLC for dawn of war 2.
>>
>>48176809
You're sadly right, but even then the animations look moba-tier. Hard to tell what was going on as well.
>>
>>48176722
>Starcraft/Age of Empire crowds.
Which is not existent, no one plays rts now.
>>
>>48176722
>ANNNNNNNNNNNND the Starcraft/Age of Empire crowds.

You're worse than a bunch of crybabies, I swear to God.
And if anything, that would be the Warcraft 3 audience.
>>
>>48154771
Didn't he get half is body eviscerated?

And survived?
>>
>>48152861
I'm not very good at RTS but DOW2's campaign was really great for me since it wasn't a full scale armyfest but it was about managing a small amount of customizable squads. There were micromanagement issues but aside from that I really loved all three games(original, chaos rising and retribution).

DOW3 LOOKS good, but it's back to large-scale army on army fights where you barely control what happens which I'm not really fond of.
I really miss the old cover system, turn-able and semi-unmovable heavy gun squads and all this kind of tactical stuff. But oh well. I guess this is apparently what majority of people wants. And devs probably want to compete with SC2.
>>
I just want a 40k-themed Company of Heroes.

Why can't I just get a 40k-themed Company of Heroes? Why does it have to either be semi-MOBA point capture-'em-ups or meat grinders of ridiculous amounts of units and zero strategy other than "who built the best blob?"
>>
File: Eoe_death_threats3.jpg (56 KB, 717x401) Image search: [Google]
Eoe_death_threats3.jpg
56 KB, 717x401
>>48177908
>And devs probably want to compete with SC2.

Nobody wants to compete with SC2.
They were simply bombarded with death threats and internet hate for 7 years now because they didn't make DoW1 with prettier graphics in 2009 and they finally got tired of it.

The vocal part of the community hated every single piece of DoW2 so the devs changed it back.
It's End of Evangelion all over again.
>>
>>48178215
They wanted to modernize the game, so they did want a new audience.
And 3 is not 1 with fancy new mechanics, it looks like a unholy mix of some part from both games made worse and the already shit parts in, with a bunch of stuff removed and all with a shitty art style and horrible animations.
>>
>>48176809
How in the fuck does it looks like a DLC for DOW 2?
It looks absolutely nothing like DoW 2. It doesn't play like DoW 2, and aesthetically, it is completely fucking different from DoW 2.

What the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>48177906
Eh, getting cut in half is something space marines can survive.
Thread replies: 252
Thread images: 44

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.