[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TWW
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
/tg/s thoughts on Total War Warhammer?
>>
File: 1346572615172.png (194 KB, 575x558) Image search: [Google]
1346572615172.png
194 KB, 575x558
>>48152849
I casually enjoy it, haven't had the chance to burn my life on it, given my work takes up most of my life now. Shit is fun. Situational awareness required if you're not playing babby mode. The Chaos warriors are badass, but I don't like that they can still be shaken mentally. They're the legions of evil and the undead, how the fuck can they be afraid of a few soldiers?
>>
>>48152849
Looks fun but I ain't getting it until there are a few more factions available.
>>
>>48153442
Actually, I've read that people who own the game get factions free as they come out. Chaos warriors was like that.
>>
File: 20 good spies.png (2 MB, 1928x1551) Image search: [Google]
20 good spies.png
2 MB, 1928x1551
>>48152849
The /twg/ general is rather amusing.
>>
>>48153364
>They're the legions of evil and the undead, how the fuck can they be afraid of a few soldiers?

think of it this way: when you serve chaos, you have to live long enough to ascend to daemonhood or get your soul kicked around like a hacky sack in the warp for eternity. so that's a really good reason to be afraid of dying if you think the odds are against you
>>
Any other news from Gamesworkshop? GOOD news, anyway
>>
Me and my friends love it. Feels like what I always thought Fantasy would feel like in RTS form. I suck at it though because I suck at RTS. The Turn-based element is also good and it really does feel like they wanted everyone to feel not just different, but lore-accurate. The Dwarf missions are the best example by far.

In short, its one of CA's good installments. Seems they've developed a pattern of "Good Game, Bad Game, Okay Game, Repeat". Like:
Medieval II->Empire->Napoleon->Shogun II->Rome II->Rome II Attila->Warhammer.

>>48154304
Free Britonians. Wait, that's CA's work. Sorry.

I can't believe they had a "Tank Month" but didn't actually sell the tanks at a discount. Isn't that marketing 101? If you want people to buy a lot of something, you hold discounts and "buy one, get one half off" sales?
>>
It's shit.
>>
The best way I've heard it described is that it's basically the game you wanted to play when you look at WHFB.

Fuck, sometimes I like to just go into the quick battle mode and set up fights, just to see them act out.

Did a dwarf elite gunline versus mass zombies, and my god was it amazing to watch.
>>
>>48153490
>Chaos warriors was like that.
That was "preorder or buy it in the first week to get them for 'free'" I've heard nothing about getting new factions for free and would be shocked and awed if they did that after what they did for Rome II.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.