[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I was reading Codex: Inquisition and it mentions Ordo Xenos
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: 1403086593880(2).jpg (48 KB, 357x498) Image search: [Google]
1403086593880(2).jpg
48 KB, 357x498
So I was reading Codex: Inquisition and it mentions Ordo Xenos Inquisitors infiltrating alien societies to soften them up for invasion.

How would you best run a campaign where players are infiltrating an alien society to help the inevitable extermination?

Any ideas would be helpful, I'm trying to run something interesting for Dark Heresy. Mostly I'm trying to figure out how to make the aliens sympathetic without being heavyhanded, and how to best make the PCs basically feel like space invaders.
>>
>>48139766
The only place I can think of where that would work is in a Tau controlled world or outpost.
>>
>>48139805

More likely some minor xenos that don't know about the Imperium or the wider galaxy and are basically restricted to one system.
>>
>>48139902
More what I was going for.
>>
>>48139766
Your biggest problem is working out how they actually soften up the Xenos. One presumes that the characters would know more or less what to do, but the players may be drawing a blank. There are a few options (e.g. influence-brokering, irregular warfare, maybe even drug-dealing) but knowing what would work best requires knowledge of your group and the styles they prefer.
>>
Human acolytes infiltrating a Tau held human world and performing false flag operations to incite a rebellion
>>
File: 1438257573210.jpg (54 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1438257573210.jpg
54 KB, 750x600
>helping human loyalists on Tau held worlds by infiltrating some of their agents into higher human ranks
>covertly starting shit on Tau held worlds to incite rebellions, doesn't even have to be a human world
>acting as mercenaries or traders for minor Xenos races
>working alongside minor Xenos races that somehow don't know the Imperium
>covertly starting shit on Ork, Dark Eldar and minor Xenos territories to get them to slaughter each other
>using Polymorphine, psykers or other kinds of ultimate disguises to actually infiltrate Xenos as one of their own and starting all kinds of shit
>>
>>48139766
Look up Iain M. Banks' Culture novels, specifically the ones about Special Circumstances. Add a bit of grimdark and exterminatus. Done.
>>
>>48142720
>Dark Eldar
>Territories
You don't know how deldar work.
>>
>>48143272

Well, they could infiltrate the Dark City, try to start some shit...

Oh wait, every possible form of shit has not only already been started, but is so commonplace it'd probably just make the locals feel more at home.
>>
>>48143355
>humans
>getting to Commoragh on their own.
>infiltrating Commoragh

Top kek.
>>
>>48143373

That bits easy. You just sit on a planet you think might get raided and make sure you're one of the ones that gets captured.

Bam, one free ticket to Commoragh.

Probably with a barbed wire dildo up your ass.
>>
>>48143272
Some DE Corsairs operate in specific territories and form shitty alliances with mercenaries or bully mercenaries and other pirates to work for them. So they players would still be technically infiltrating them to start shit.
Don't worry, next time I'll make my greentext much more specific and easier to read.
>>
>>48139766

Running covert ops to gather intelligence, target data, how their command structures work, social/religious mores, technological levels, where in their society is oppressed and rebellious, etc. They could get this by being sneaky and using complex auspex, fieldwork, infiltration, posing as mercenaries, etc.Then looooots of paperwork and report filing with the ordos.
>>
>>48143424

>DE
>Alliances

The only time this isn't just "Nazi-Soviet non-aggression pact, IN SPACE" is if the Harlequins broker a temporary pact between Craftworlders and Dark Kin. Every other time either doesn't count as an alliance (ex. Iyanden getting DE support purely for the lulz) or is intended to result in backstabbing from the very start.

Anyone remember that "DE ally Tau, ask for Ethereals, Tau realize what they're doing to captured Ethereals. DE are now one of the only 'kill on sight' xenos in Tau history" clip from one of the last 2 codexes?
>>
>>48144202
>DE are now one of the only 'kill on sight' xenos in Tau history

Nids are as well, but then again they're more of a force of nature than anything else.
>>
>>48144202
Nah, they do mercenary work for very foolish people.
>>
>>48144944
Orks, Necrons, Noisome Reek.
>>
>>48146319
What the hell IS the noisome reek, anon? Heard the name, but never a description.
>>
>>48147005
They have a burgeoning empire called the Worldweave of the Noisome Reek, which is nibbling at the Imperial much like the Tau. The Tau call them "hateful" and genocide them whenever they can.

Also their fleets are called voidswarms.

Nothing else is known.
>>
>>48147166
Thank you!
>swarms
>hated by tau as much as deldar and nids
nice!
>>
I really like the idea of them acting like a benevolent elder race, like the Visitors from "V".

Quietly taking control via brainwashing select people, so they can steal our resources and eat us. Easy enough to adapt.
>>
File: Capture.png (143 KB, 673x513) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
143 KB, 673x513
>>48139766
Well, in that exact passage it mentions using Deathwatch for those covert operations. So you could start with that.
>>
File: Capture.png (174 KB, 438x299) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
174 KB, 438x299
>>48143272
Or, alternatively, you don't know how the deldar work.
>>
>>48147707
>posting third party fantasy flight games bs as proof of anything.

The Dark Eldar codex itself states that the Dark Eldar cannot, I repeat, CANNOT stay in real space for long periods of time, due to Slaanesh's pull on their soul being more intense in real space.
Put into that established context, the shit you posted is completely laughable.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1 MB, 1609x2389) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
1 MB, 1609x2389
>>48147796
You're an idiot, and no it doesn't.
>>
>>48147846
>posting a retconned character as proof of anything.
Desperation.
>>
>>48147666
Well, for the most critical raids, certainly, but I'm more interested in the seemingly peaceful contact part.
>>
>>48147876
>retconned
You aren't even worth my time anymore.
>>
>>48147893
Where is the Duke in the new dex?
Nowhere.
So ergo, he ain't relevant anymore.
>>
>>48147707
>a small outpost
>equivalent of a territory.

Nigga what?
Also, the idea of humans infiltrating Eldar society is pretty damn dumb in the first place. Eldar can spot a human by simply observing one move, because to Eldar eyes, humans are what monkeys are to us. Disgustingly clumsy and banal looking beings that have no hopes of passing off as an Eldar.
>>
>>48147982
The Callidus Assassin Meh'lindi managed for a while.
>>
>>48147918

That's not what retconned means. Even a little. Dark Eldar pirates are and have been a thing since Dark Eldar have been a thing. I mean, what, do you think Eldar Corsairs just flat out don't exist? 'Cause they sure as fuck don't follow the Paths of the Craftworld, and most of them aren't Outcasts.
>>
Any ideas on making the aliens sympathetic?

I remember something from I think BFG about alien races who fought alongside the Imperial Navy against a Tyranid splinter fleet, one of said races being exterminated by the same admiral twelve (?) years later.
>>
>>48148868

I was under the impression that the majority of Eldar corsairs follow the path of the outcast.

Once they start doing the whole torture for sustenance then they are Dark Eldar ?
>>
>>48149020
They are Corsairs. Corsairs don't follow anything but their Prince.

>The Path of the Outcast is what is considered as outside the Eldar Path. Those who desert the Eldar Path are known as Outcasts and follow the Path of the Outcast.

>Sometimes the rigid constraints of the Eldar Path are intolerable even for an Eldar to bear; such individuals leave their Craftworlds and become known as Outcasts. Outcasts must bear the terrible burden of their heightened Eldar consciousness without the protection of the Eldar path, set free within the universe they are dangerously vulnerable.

That's why their psykers get buttfucked when they Perils on TT?
>>
>>48144202
Holly fuck mate, that's why I put shitty infront the alliance part. What do you want from me, that I explain everyone of my posts in minute detail?
>>
File: 26.jpg (611 KB, 1151x1618) Image search: [Google]
26.jpg
611 KB, 1151x1618
>>48148978
5th edition Tyranid codex, Hive Fleet Jormungandr.
>None of the fleet's various factions truly trusted one another. Indeed, the Vassalians and Donarathi had been at war before the arrival of Jormungandr, and Hanroth himself would lead the obliteration of the Cimmeriac civilisation less than five years later.
>>
>>48149747
Yeah, that one.

I want them to feel a tad guilty about the aliens they're fucking over.
>>
>>48149578

Sorry anon, I was just adding detail. I didn't mean to give the impression you're wrong or w/e.

>>48146251

I don't know if that really counts as a traditional alliance, but yeah, that's true too
>>
>>48143373
Human pirates/mercenaries can go with a higher degree of not being fucked over, the fluff rarely brings it up though.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.