[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sorin vs. Nahiri: INNISTRAD ARTBOOK IS OUT EDITION
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: 1466008524424.jpg (284 KB, 1229x636) Image search: [Google]
1466008524424.jpg
284 KB, 1229x636
Ok, so the art book is out. Can anyone confirm Nahiri's endgame? Are the Innistradi waifus kill? Also, what the fuck is Sorin encased in?
>>
>>48134173
> Also, what the fuck is Sorin encased in?

Plot. It'll break when Wizards decides they want to release a new Sorin card.
>>
He looks like John Malkovich here.
>>
>>48134286
I'm seeing more Travolta, myself.
>>
File: 0gE2lOt.jpg (339 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
0gE2lOt.jpg
339 KB, 1836x3264
Sorin, champion of diversity
>>
File: eovzQqn.jpg (537 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
eovzQqn.jpg
537 KB, 1836x3264
Nahiri: Cunt mode
>>
>>48134286
If he's john malkovitch than we we need to find a building on innistrad with a 7 1/2 th floor
>>
File: cu7vRtB.jpg (366 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
cu7vRtB.jpg
366 KB, 1836x3264
Might be a discard spell
>>
File: P2XX2ra.jpg (429 KB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
P2XX2ra.jpg
429 KB, 1836x3264
Werewolf shit
>>
>>48137529
DO GERALF, GISA, LUDEVIC, SIGARDA, THALIA, ODRIC, AND/OR ANY OTHER COOL NAMED CHARACTER DIE?
>>
>>48137485
>>48137501
>>48137529
>>48137553
Give lore, I'm absolutely voracious, sate us!
>>
>>48137630
>No mention whatsoever of Nahiri meaning anything other than hastening Innistrad and Sorin's demise. Quite the opposite, it's repeated many times that her intent is solely to destroy Innistrad.
>Interestingly, Nahiri was surprised that Avacyn and the angels were affected by the warped leylines. She didn't intend for that to happen. But that it was a more than welcome side effect.
>No mention of Olivia in direct conflict with Sorin or Nahiri.
>No mention of Nahiri being insane and leaving the plane.
>No mention of Arlinn Kord at all.
>No mention of Sigarda battling Brisela. (Sigarda is the last remaining angel of her Host. And no other angels are mentioned as fighting at Thraben.)
>And annoyingly, no interaction between Nahiri and the gatewatch.
>>
>>48137881
So, literally, nothing happens with that entire plot. Great, thanks WotC, you're *amazing* at plot. that's sarcasm, in case I wasn't clear enough
>>
>>48137881
So wait, Nahiri just locks up Sorin and bounces out without screwing with the gatewatch at all?
>>
>>48138116
Yup, because the GW need shit to do later down the line
>>
>>48137501
>PMS whore wins
>Will be forgiven by the jacetice league because womyn can't be evil
And they still dare call Liliana a villain.
>>
>>48138116
To be fair, that mirrors what she thinks Sorin did to her pretty well. She has no reason to expect Emrakul can be beaten, and if she ever learns the truth about Zendikar not getting finished then she'll presumably later learn that Emrakul got beaten and the perceived symmetry is preserved.
>>
>>48137881
>>No mention of Olivia in direct conflict with Sorin or Nahiri.
So Olivia dies is a lie?
>>
Got any good spooky ghosts Artmans?
>>
>>48138180
She's going to feel like shit if she ever actually looks at Zendikar again.
>>
>>48138791
She's a self-righteous bitch, she's gonna think Sorin desserved all she did just because he put her in the Hellvault. And when she knows he put her in the Hellvault as a last resort to survive, she'll think he desserves it for ignoring her call for aid. And when she knows the blocking of the signal was an accidental side effect of the vault that he didn't even had time to test yet because he was just don't creating it, she'll think he desserved it because he hurt her feelings.

Nahiri is the closest they've been to writing a real woman, she can't be wrong because she doesn't want to be wrong.
>>
So for those who got the book already (mine's set to arrive on the 8th), is Nahiri confirmed for cunt? And how the fuck does Sorin survive getting pic related?
>>
>>48139742
Well, assuming the mind Jace brushed against while he was in Markov Manor was Edgar Markov, Sorin will sit there and stew in his hate until freed.
>>
>>48139742
planeswalk away?

Why is that even a question. We know neowalkers can planeswalk away from being sealed in stone.
>>
>>48140989
Shhh
Don't mention that. I want to see if wizards remembers their own plot
>>
>>48141014
they fucking won't

God damn it's like SoI was designed just enough to piss me the fuck off.
>>
>>48141098
Man if sorin dies cause of this, we can FINALLY have a planeswalker who's direct cause of death was their own idiocy
>>
>>48141120
The planeswalker who gave Yawgmoth his own plane would disagree with that.
>>
>>48141195
That was shortsightedness. This would be straight up idiocy cause it would either be "You know I can probably planeswalk out of this and not die, but nah, probably won't work" or just "Oh shit, I forgot I can teleport at will, thank god it's not my main character trait as a person"
>>
>>48139742
>>48140989
>>48141014
>>48141098
>>48141120
Who planeswalked out of something similar before? I haven't been following MtG in a decade, but I love me a good screwup.
>>
Is it just me or does Sorin Markov look like a carbon copy of Anomander Rake?
>>
>>48141215
I dunno' takes an awful lot of prep for a proper vivisection.

>Sorin left the moment the rock encased his head
>Nahiri gloats over teh empty shell and then leaves to wander
>hits New Phyrexia where Sorin lies ion wait
>gets literally sucker punched
>the entire set is just two oldwalkers in a fistfight through all of Mirrodin while wiping out zombie bots through boardwipes
>Elesh Norn frantically trying to keep her realm afloat while two old walkers fight past her throne room
>Sorin casts Culling Sun before they he and Nahiri planeswalk away at the end of the set
>Karn capitalizes on the devastation with a massive counter attack
>rabrask rebels on the other end
>>
>>48141263
Oh, no one really signifigant, just some lady planeswalker that was mentioned once or twice and then died
It's not like that event was the entire reason theros block happened or anything.
>>
>>48141276
>implying he won't just go blow up zendikar
Double jeopardy, bitch.
>>
>>48138116
See doesn't take the Sorin rock with her...?
You never know when you need a mellienina old vampire.
>>
>>48137501
>This passes for human in innistrad
Kay
>>
>>48140989

Sorin admits that the Hellvault was a crude copy of what he saw Nahiri do with her Lithomancy on Zendikar to create the Hedrons, using the Moonsilver as a crutch to do all the hardwork for him.

I suspect that what Nahiri slaps him into is basically a mini-Helvault, designed just to fuck with him. Nahiri's whole contribution to the Eldrazi plan was making giant rocks that prevented massively powerful beings from accessing their full power and leaving the plane.

Sorin doesn't have the power to brute force a new Helvault into existence, but the Cryptoliths are pretty solid evidence that Nahiri's Lithomancy-fu is still strong.

Once Nahiri gets Sorin into one of her Lithomancy constructs, he isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>48138116

Why would she care about the Gatewatch? I don't think she has ever met any of them before. She has no reason to give a shit about them, none of her plans involve them in any way.

I doubt she even knows any of them exist, with the possible exception of Jace maaaaaybe pinging on her radar briefly when he was messing with that Cryptolith.
>>
File: The battle of Markov Manor.jpg (436 KB, 2000x786) Image search: [Google]
The battle of Markov Manor.jpg
436 KB, 2000x786
>>
>>48143421
>>
>>48137529
>are you frustrated.jpg
>>
>>48143430
>>48143421

>kill Avacyn for nothing
>get stuck in a rock
>forced to watch as your plane gets rekt
>forced to watch as others banish meme'rakul
>forced to watch as your plane rekts itself like the good old days

Is Sorin the most cucked planeswalker?
>>
>>48143430
How can this bitch be stronger than sorin?
>>
>>48143652
Feminism
>>
>>48143652
Sorin would have won if he had just done what he did to Nissa. just blood bend then out of it can't cast spell when you can't move.
>>
>tfw the vast majority of female players in your city think Nahiri is the good guy
Even if Sorin is a cunt why would that validate Nahiri to rekt an innocent plane?
>>
>>48143652
Why wouldn't she be? They're both oldwalkers and being a vampire isn't that big a deal, it is Innistrad, all it gives is a bit of enhanced physicality and longevity.
>>
>>48143744
Sorin is way older than Nahiri, that's what gives him the edge, plus she has been stuck under a rock for years and that has to affect your abilities
>>
>>48143771

Nahiri has been corrupted by something and gained a boost.
>>
>>48143744
>>48143771
And sorin has blood magic vs shaping rocks, he also seemed to be a skilled swordsman.
>>
>>48143744
>enhanced physicality
Bro. Did you even SEE how he tanked Avacyn? He's more than just "a bit enhanced." Realistically, he should be able to snap Nahiri's frail kor neck like a twig. But, y'know, plot armor trumps logic.
>>
>>48143652

Nahiri is like 6000 years old. Sorin is 7000. The difference in their respective ages and power-levels is sort of at that point where its not a huge deal anymore.

Sorin was a hairs breath away from losing their confrontation a thousand years ago too. Sorin just has stronk vampire powers and some life stealing/death magic. This solves a lot of problems, but Nahiri's Lithomancy is just waaaay more abuseable. And Sorin, like an angry idiot, went to HER. Fought her in a place where he already knew beforehand she had used her lithomancy to fuck the place up.

There is a 0% chance that Nahiri didn't tech up the ruins of Markov manor to give herself a defensive advantage. We already know she can mess with the leylines of Innistrad directly with her cryptoliths, chances are good she was sitting on top of some ridiculous mana batteries saved up just for blowing Sorin out.
>>
>>48143623
Either him or Urza.
>>
>>48143809
>Sorin was a hairs breath away from losing their confrontation a thousand years ago too
And then she got frozen in time and he continued to get stronger as years passed..yet she wins because reasons
>>
>>48143733
>>tfw the vast majority of female players in your city think Nahiri is the good guy
It's weird how often women are unreasonably sympathetic to female characters literally only because they also have a vagina. Analysis begins and ends with "She is a woman and therefore she is good and right".
I'm not sure if it's cognitive bias, feminism, or what, it's just fucking weird. Like women who think Janeway was the best Star Trek captain and a well-written character. Both are objectively untrue but it's impossible to argue about because logic literally doesn't come into it.
>>
>People ignoring she's a woman wronged by a man
That's gives her the high ground
>>
>Olivia lives in the end
>she just takes Sorin's sword and declares herself lord of Innistrad now

I guess he's the cucked lord now
>>
>>48143799
That's from oldwalker hood, not vampirism, so Nahiri likely has the same sort of thing. She probably can turn her skin to stone. Vampirism isn't a big deal on Innistrad.
>>
>>48143829
Why would he continue to get stronger? There are upper limits to these things.
>>
>>48143781

Nahiri has always been stronger than Sorin, magic wise. Sorin is a dangerous opponent in a duel, but Nahiri's magic is on another level. Back when she was a young planeswalker, she was just inexperienced with it because she was only 150 or so.

Ugin needed Nahiri for his plan to contain the Eldrazi. Sorin's biggest contribution to the plan was convincing Nahiri to go along with it, after that he did relatively little besides stand around and act important.

Once you take away Sorin's advantage of being old as fuck by making Nahiri old as fuck too, he doesn't have that much going for him. Even less now that all of the energy he invested into Avacyn, the Helvault, and the rest of Innistrad's defenses were a wasted effort.
>>
Are they going to retcon Nahiri after this? is she going to become a dindu nothing good girl like how they did with Nissa?
>>
>>48143861
>citation needed
>>
>>48143852
>>she just takes Sorin's sword and declares herself lord of Innistrad now
Who the fuck cares, Innistrad is fucked nine ways to Sunday and is only fucked harder with that psychobitch as its lord and protector. Nahiri killed Innistrad already, and unless the Jacetice League pulls something spectacular out of their asses, New Grixis is happening within a couple decades at most.
>>
>>48143852
>It's a there can't be happy endings
Man, I was very fond of Stronkirk bros and their deal with humans, but now Innistrad is fucked. I hope at least, due humans being on the verge of extinction, makes vampires rethink their way of life and become more protective with them, after all symbiosis and all that shit
>>
>>48143846
You leave Janeway out of this you fuck.
>>
>>48143901
Wizards realized that people liked Innistrad, and we can't have nice things.
>>
>>48143875
>"Sorin's biggest contribution to the plan was convincing Nahiri to go along with it"
>Completely ignoring he was the guy who stopped/paralized the Eldrazi, all of them, so Nahiri and Ugin could trap them
>>
>>48143901
Innistrad is as fucked as Ravnica was when the guildpact was destroyed.

It will literally be the same when we get back.
>>
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 312x445
>>48143899
We know the extent vampirism affects people on Innistrad through the Planeswalker's Guide to Stensia. That and the dozens of pictures of vampires getting fucked up from normal human beings on Innistrad.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/savor-flavor/planeswalkers-guide-innistrad-stensia-and-vampires-2011-11-02
>>
>>48143809
The thing is she did that, but Sorin still almost won because he's stronger and more experienced than her but he failed where it counted, he should have stayed away from the walls she was over dependent on them anyway.
>>
>>48143876
>>is she going to become a dindu nothing good girl like how they did with Nissa?
>Garruk will never be a complex or interesting character
>Nissa will never be the signature GBx walker going around the planes turning elves into supremacists and fucking with humans for lolz
>Nissa will never be the scary elf Hitler character again
>She's literally just "Generic elf mage" now.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>48143935
Hahaha, no, Innistrad is literally fucked, humans are literally on the verge of extinction, evrything that isn't human eats humans, and they're the supreme majority. And once humans disappear so will the rest of monsters because they depend on them
>>
>>48143899

The mending limited what Planeswalkers can do NOW, but it didn't undo anything they had cast before. Thats why Sorin can't make a new Avacyn these days, but Avacyn herself didn't just poof away because the mending happened.

That means that any and all of the permanent-duration defensive buffs and enhancement spells that any Oldwalker cast on themselves before the mending are still in effect. This was very common practice among oldswalkers back in the day, to keep themselves from getting ganked by surprise attacks.

Thats a large part of what modern era Sorin still so powerful, even beyond what what a Vampire of his age would be.

It would be the height of stupidity for Nahiri to have not invested in her own defenses as well back in the day. Especially since she had two other Oldswalkers as mentors, both of whom considered her an irreplaceable resource.
>>
>>48143953
Literally no one here liked old Nissa. Stop pretending that you did now that they changed her.
>>
>>48143980
That's an argument, not a citation.
>>
>>48143967
And with the guildpact gone all the guilds should have went to war in grabs of power and made Ravnica hell on city-earth.

Its gonna be fine, everything will be ok.
>>
>>48143985
I'm not him, and sure, nobody liked her, but it was way more interesteing than now.
>>
>>48144012
I think the problem isn't so much anarchy as it is the non-psycho humans of Innistrad by outnumbered a thousand to one by species who eat humans to survive. The only thing which was keeping the balance were the angels, and those are all gone.

Either Sorin and the Jacetice League stick around to build up the Humans' defenses to the point where they can defend themselves, or cull the populations of demons, devils, vampires, werewolves and various horrors, or the place will just spiral out of control when the humans die out, followed by the vampires and werewolves who require humans to sustain their numbers.
>>
>>48143985
I didn't like her, anon, I hated her guts. That's what made her an interesting and engaging character, she was deliciously hateable with a list of personality flaws and loathesome traits as long as my arm. She was a great antagonist walker and a great flavor of GB. Now she's fucking dull, like every other Jacetice League walker, because they're being forced into the most generic hero mold possible. With the exception of Chandra, whose personality is and always has been "FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE".
>>
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/campaign-vengeance-2016-07-06

Nahiri wins.
>>
>>48143829
You're fucking stupid.
>>
>>48144012
Each guild had enough minds to know that a total war was mutual assured destruction, that's why they didn't go on a total war...the problem in Innistrad is than 80% of the monsters are mindless horde of rip and tear, and the other 20% are driven by a mad lust and lead by a crazy bitch. then you have poor humans who literally can't defend themselves.

You basically are saying Zendikar, without the gatewatch, with all those eldrazi roaming around would be perfectly ok.
>>
>>48144081
>I'm out of arguments, quick, lets use add hominems
I'm not even that guy, but at least his argument is sound and has some foundation.
>>
>>48144058
>>the point where they can defend themselves, or cull the populations of demons, devils, vampires, werewolves and various horrors,
>Sorin goes full Mardu and becomes Sorin, Cleanser of Innistrad
>Spends the next few blocks on Innistrad murdering every single monster he can find and taking petty vengeance by murderfucking his way through the entire plane
>Humans mistake him for some new angel and start worshipping him
>Sorin hears you, Sorin don't care, Sorin is busy murderfucking the entire Devil species while practicing for a rematch with Nahiri.
I don't know about you, but I'd watch it.
>>
>>48144102
>Sorin does all of this while trapped inside a big ass prison rock
All praise the rolling stone, hunter of beasts!
>>
>>48144102
Sounds fucking glorious. Dear based god, please.
>>
>>48144098
It absolutely isn't, because he's neglecting the single biggest fucking event in neo magic; the mending. Sorin lost the nearly beyond scope bulk of his power extremely recently, in-fucking-cluding any acquired strength in the interim. The first guy should not have brought up their previous fight because that's comparing warring gods to a special needs melee, but at least he had other points that weren't retarded.
>>
>>48144086
That doesn't even make sense, rakdos cultists and gruul would not give a fuck, Dimir should have had a field day and had operatives in literally every position of remote power by the time we returned, if Niv-Mizzet didn't peace out after killing the nephilims to heal I'm pretty sure the Izzet league would have had a field day too, possibly simic as well.

Innistrad is a popular, I can say with absolute certainty humanity ain't gonna die out, whether the gatewatch hooks them up or they make a breakthrough in warfare technology, innistrad isn't gonna turn into backwoods grixis.
>>
>>48144077
>Olivia: "lol nice sword fag, I'm Lord of Innistrad now"
>Sorin: "Cthulhu is on our doorstep and will kill us all, help me out"
>Olivia: "lol bored now, peace out fang nigga, you rock"
>Sorin: [Screaming internally]
Olivia just won the coveted "Biggest retard in this block" award.
>>
As far as angels go, isn't there still Sigarda and her host?
>>
>>48144181
nahiri also suffered the mending, smartass, and while she was still trapped in a stone for many centuries, Sorin had those centuries to get stronger, proportionately.
>>
>>48144229
Sigarda is fine, her flight of angels might be a different story though.
>>
>>48144229
>Sigard
Yes
>Her host
Literally all dead and killed by the rest of angels
>>
>>48144102
Yeah, it's not the worst option for Innistrad.

The Jacetice League probably isn't inclined to stick around for decades to shore up the humans' defenses, but if Sorin remembers he can planeswalk out of stone, and doesn't immediately go back to Zendikar to get some revenge, he might decide to get back to work on Innistrad.

Although this line from the short story:
>"What you took from me in Avacyn, I will take from your blood."

Makes me hope he'll succeed in literally remaking Avacyn from Nahiri's remains if he manages to find and kill her.
>>
>>48144226
Yup. I was pissed with her the moment she's like
>Yo, kill yo daughteru! Bitch be crazy!
>>
File: 1467688181645.gif (449 KB, 223x400) Image search: [Google]
1467688181645.gif
449 KB, 223x400
>>48144256
>>48144255
Well at least my angelfu is still alive. Shame about the other angels.

I doubt Innistrad will be completely fucked over next time we visit it, if we visit it again. I hope we do.
>>
>>48144305
Innistrad needs external help, as it's, it's fucked beyond repair and this will only get worse

So, either Jacetice League helps, or they free Sorin, or something, but without the planeswalkers Innistrad will eat itself
>>
>>48144305
>I hope we do.
After Zendikar, Ravnica, and Innistrad, I'll die happy if we literally never revisit an old plane ever again. But I know Return To Theros is fucking inevitable and will somehow be worse than original Theros in every way.
>>
>>48144347
I imagine we'll see a cycle of new plane>old plane>new plane>etc or some shit after Kaladesh.
>>
>>48144226
>he doesn't know that Red-Black is the color of ultra-hedonism

Who cares if the world ends tomorrow, when tonight we can party?
>>
>>48144364
No, we won't, because that's unsustainable. It's more likely to be new-new-old. Return sets are loved, but they wear out their welcome fucking fast, and an overdose of them would be pure poison, especially after Zendikar and Innistrad's mixed-to-poor reception. It'd also be alienating to those precious retarded thinskinned noobs Maro insists are crucial to Magic's future.
>>
>The stone crashed in around them, and rows of jagged stone tusks tore into Sorin from his legs to his ribs. His sword flew from his hand, and a yelp of agony exploded from his lips. Nahiri shoved herself free of him, passing through the solid stone so that only Sorin remained. The stone tightened in on him until it had him in its grasp. By the time Nahiri was finished with her work, Sorin hung in air, gripped in Nahiri's magic. There was no planeswalking from this. The stone teeth that held him chewed at his insides, keeping him in a perpetual anguish that would sap the focus he would need to leave this place.

>Then Nahiri spun Sorin and his stone around so that they faced the rolling plains below Markov Manor. Sorin tried to speak, an unintelligible gurgle, as Nahiri climbed onto the cocoon she'd crafted. Whatever he had to say didn't matter. She wanted him to hear her words. With one hand clinging to the pinnacle of the stone, Nahiri lowered herself so that she could whisper those words into Sorin's ear. "I spared you," Nahiri said. "A courtesy returned."

SHOW ME THE ANCIENT KOR WOMAN'S SPIRIT.
USE THE POWER OF EARTH AND MARBLE, AND POWER OF IRONY.
>>
>>48144473
That is not the face of a sane woman.
>>
>>48144570
She's really pissed that Sorin won't look at the massive Eldrazi dump she took on Innistrad, even as she twists the pillar around so that he faces it.
>>
>>48144473
>Nahiri: When I get to somewhere private, I'm going to jill myself off to this entire series of events until my fingers fall off
>Sorin: This plane is too loud. I don't like any of these people. My nose itches. I wish I was in my lab healing Avacyn.
>>
>>48134173
>>>48137501
>>PMS whore wins
>>Will be forgiven by the jacetice league because womyn can't be evil
Tfw wizards cucks themselves for sjws
>>
>>48143652
She isn't.

The new uncharted realms story details their fight. Sorin smacks her up with raw speed and strength. Then she uses the last of her strength to trap him while he feeds on her.
>>
>>48142885
She's a kor, from zendikar
>>
File: 1466428298249.jpg (7 KB, 250x239) Image search: [Google]
1466428298249.jpg
7 KB, 250x239
>>48143623
>meme'rakul
>>
>>48144678
He meants that human only fanatics where on her side for some reason and thought she was human, even though she doesn't look human.
>>
>>48137501
And Tamiyo made fun of Jace for adding a stormcoat to his usual robes and thinking it helped him blend in? Nahiri has literally been wearing Zendikar lithomancer uniform on Innistrad this whole time and no one said shit about her.
>>
>>48144678
And on Innistrad, the people think she's just another human.
>>
>>48143849
You underestimate his power.
>>
>>48143875
Sorin was the one who actually fought the Eldrazi and drained enough of their strength that they could be trapped. He's probably the most lethal of the trio.

Hell, this fight shows it. Even without his magic, he solidly trounces Nahiri, and only gets caught by her final spell because he got close rather than just finishing her with a sword blow.
>>
>>48134173
>Gothgirl batman'd a bunch of it out
>actually entertaining fight besides

Solid read. I'd be surprised if Sorin's still part White after all this, though.
>>
>>48144791
MARDU
A
R
D
U
>>
>>48144707
>>48144711
>what is an albino
>what are crazy cultusts who are lucky their leader has two arms, two legs, one head and no tentacles
>what is gisa being an idiot child in a woman's body
>>
>>48144815
Gisa probably feels bad for helping, since she's kicking ass with her bro
>>
>>48138158
Lily is a necromantic lust hound who fucks men so hard they turn evil
>>
>>48144815
>>what are crazy cultusts who are lucky their leader has two arms, two legs, one head and no tentacles
It's Innistrad, cultists will literally worship a giant mutant frog that does nothing but eat everything in sight.
>>
>>48144840
What happened to the demon worshipers anyway? I hope they didn't start worshiping Emrakul.
>>
>>48144821
>Gisa probably feels bad
I honestly don't think Gisa has the intellectual and/or emotional capacity to feel bad about anything. She zombified her own parents as a fucking prank.
>>
>>48144815
>Albino
So like vampires
>Crazy cultist
Who were 100% human in the first pack and fought anything non human in the slightless also humans
>Gisa
what has that anything to do with marble girl with white hair and odd clothes?. Also you forget Gisa is hunted by Avacyn church
>>
Sorin so desperately wants to just be an evil vampire but the multiverse keeps being in danger and he keeps being the only remotely responsible creature in the fucking multiverse. Not even his own vampire family is responsible. He fucking made an angel because everyone not Sorin is an idiot. Oh god he's the GM of MtG and everyone else are roving pcs ruining everything
>>
>>48143999
I gave a citation.
>>
>>48144872
Isn't Gisa just knockoff Braids anyway?

She's just doing it because it's fun.
>>
>>48144872
>not wanting to be zombified by your cute necromancer daughteru
are you gay
>>
>>48144066
>>48144035
But you guys hated her for being poorly written. The whole vile bigot aspect of her was supposed to be a character trait that didn't envenom her entire being. It was supposed to add depth, but ended up making her despicable.
>>
>>48144875
Gisa befriended Nahiri shortly after she started her plan and helped build the giant cryptolith with her zombies.
>>
>>48144877
>he's the GM of MtG and everyone else are roving pcs ruining everything
So Nahiri just usurped the game and is GM now? I've never been so terrified at an idea in my life.
>>
>>48144899
0 links
No page numbers
No quotes

Doesn't know what a citation is
>>
>>48144877
Nah man he's the last remaining PC from the beginning of the campaign. All the other previous players have had to leave over time, and the only people the DM could find to replace them have been a string of That Guys. They kept chucking them out for a while, then they dealt with Tibalt's player and learned how truly awful some players can be.

Since then they've put up with some more tolerable That Guys, partly in the hopes of making them better, and partly out of fear of another Tibalt fiasco. Recently an old player returned but had turned into a hardcore sectarian tumblr witch while away.
>>
>>48144930
Nah, she just fucked up Sorin's campaign as much as possible in return for him subjecting her to his magical realm way back.

...why is it that any story is funnier when framed as an rpg campaign?
>>
>>48144923
Elf Hitler was poorly written but at least it was written.
>>
>>48144924
Gisa loves zombies and pretty sure she doesn't understand what's human, so she has nothing to do here. The problem was that humans thought Nahiri was a human from zendikar but the moment someone saw Jace they all went "the fuck are you from stranger? are you even human?"
>>
>>48144960
Almost every story is just an rpg campaign, just with different players, GMs, and systems.
Anyone got the greentext of Pirates of the Caribbean as a campaign?
>>
>>48144609
More like Sorin "Why is it that every time I leave to fix something I come back to something even worse than the thing I barely fixed. WHY AM I THE ONLY OLDWALKER WHO CARES, WHERE THE FUCK IS EVERYONE?"

Meanwhile Nickel B is just smoking and drinking while lounging in a realm of infinite soft pillows laughing his goddamn ass off
>>
>>48144906
IIRC Braids had massive daddy issues toward Cabal Patriarch. She was not just some random crazy, she was far more terrifying crazy with a purpose.
>>
>>48145019
>lounging in a realm of infinite soft pillows laughing his goddamn ass off
>implying he doesn't go there to try to forget about being fucked by a fucking cat
>>
>>48145043
Where he fuck is that cat anyways?? He'd be fucking useful right about now. (Actually maybe he should stay away so lily doesn't fuck him and make him evil)
>>
>>48145056
Becoming a god in the Egyptian plane.
>>
>>48144932
What? You are retarded. You literally ignored my post.

>>48143942
>>
>>48145208
That's not the post I quoted, retard. But now I know who you are, so thanks.
>>
File: SOI_Interior_Manor_161449_0.png (152 KB, 1500x930) Image search: [Google]
SOI_Interior_Manor_161449_0.png
152 KB, 1500x930
Mmmm...this pattern in the sword...looks familiar...
>>
>>48144473
not surprised, but still disappointed

I hate that we predicted the entire fucking plot of this block perfectly.
>>
>>48145235
I know that, that's why I said "I gave a citation" not "He gave a citation" when he clearly didn't. You're the one assuming everyone is the same person.
>>
>>48145261
What is this from?
>>
>>48143942
And a couple of nobodies beat several packs of werewolves, yet Jace was fucking afraid of just one and could even face it so he ran. So...are werelves shit or are they strong enough to make powerful walkers shit their pants?

Vampires are strong as the writer, sadly, wants them to be, sometimes only one terrorizes an entire town and dozens of catars perish before him, other times a kid with a stone kills hundred of vampires at once.
>>
>>48145269
I honestly thought you guys were full of it when you said Sorin would die. I guess they are shooting for full on bad end.
>>
>>48145269
>I hate that we predicted the entire fucking plot of this block perfectly.
So perfectly that we convinced ourselves that we couldn't possibly be that right and turned to denial and wild mass guessing because no way is Wizards so bad at writing that random dumb anons could guess the entire plot literally from the set names and a handful of cards. I guess it's true that hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
>>
File: 3hnueij4kd_cardart.jpg (148 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
3hnueij4kd_cardart.jpg
148 KB, 500x700
>>48145261
Just your imagination bro, I didn't bribe Olivia, no, I sure didn't.
>>
>>48144960
>bfz was ugin in charge of GMing
>Nissa has her elemental companion taken from her so she just acts as bored as possible until she gets a chance to get it back.
>they rules lawyer their way into defeating Ulamog and Kozilek
>ugin's speech is the DM sperging out at them.
>>
>>48143953
Nissa is not a generic elf mage, she's a generic hippie druid now.
>>
>>48145320
This is one of those times I regret not screecapping every theory because, damn, literally happened everything theorized
>>
>>48145302
Jace is a pussy mind mage. He isn't weak because he is a human, he's weak because he is a shitty planeswalker. Nahiri and Sorin are not. Sorin being a vampire doesn't give him an edge over Nahiri is my point. Sorin takin hits from Avacyn isn't because he is a vampire, any other vamp would've been annihilated.

The only theory that I heard that legitimately could justify assuming Sorin is stronger than Nahiri is the theoretical gap in skill due to her imprisonment, but that's assuming that Sorin hasn't hit his full potential. And you don't get better without pitting yourself against competent threats, so unless Sorin went around kicking other oldwalker's asses, he likely is as good as he was back when he sealed the bitch.
>>
>>48145367
>Hippie druid
So a generic elf nature mage
>>
>>48145379
>so unless Sorin went around kicking other oldwalker's asses, he likely is as good as he was back when he sealed the bitch.
He did though, he beat Nissa, went to Tarkir and beat some asses too in there, the whole thing in Zendikar, etc
>>
>>48145412
Nissa's spark ignited alongside the other MTG Babies, did it not? I assumed she was dumpster tier in terms of power levels when she's not with 4 other walkers telling her what to do.

Even post mending, a previous oldwalker will on the whole outmatch a single neowalker. Sure, Obby ran like a bitch when Chandra jumped him, but the rest of those fuckers were going to die if not for that.

Sorin didn't fight Bolas or Ugin or Karn or Nahiri. Hell, his last in depth fight with a walker was Tibalt. There is no reason to assume he's gotten better. If you can Vindicate most random assholes that get in your face, when are you gonna learn to Vindicate harder?
>>
Is Nahiri and Akku the same person?
>>
>>48145484
>If you can Vindicate most random assholes that get in your face
He doesn't even need Vindicate. Disfigure, Go For The Throat, and Doom Blade will solve 99% of his daily problems by themselves.
>>
>>48145518
LONG AGO IN A DISTANT LAND, I, NAHIRI, THE STONESHAPING MASTER OF MONOLITHS, UNLEASHED AN UNSPEAKABLE EVIL! BUT A FOOLISH VAMPIRE WARRIOR WIELDING BLOOD MAGIC AND A SWORD STEPPED FORTH TO OPPOSE ME. BEFORE THE FINAL BLOW WAS STRUCK, I SMASHED HIM INTO STONES AND IMPRISONED HIM ON INNISTRAD, WHERE MY EVIL IS NOW LAW! NOW THE FOOL SEEKS TO BREAK FREE FROM HIS STONE PRISON AND CHALLENGE THE FUTURE THAT IS NAHIRI

(vampire sorin, vampire sorin, vampire sorin (va-va-va-mp vamp))
>>
>>48145269
>it's predictable so it's shit
>nothing makes sense so it's shit

What's the point, you call it shit either way.
>>
>>48145612
call it like I see it, champ

they can and have made things that aren't shit, but are for some reason refusing to
>>
>>48145612
Anon, it's predictable AND nothing makes sense, that's what makes it shit
>>
>>48143148
They thought the same about the Eldrazi.

Give Nissa a week.
>>
>>48145607
I would marry you right now
>>
>>48145662
This sounds more like a Chandra problem to me. Sorin can survive a little bit of fire, right? Enough to melt his little prison? Oh well, he'll probably be okay.
>>
maro will take him off ice when the gatewatch needs help to solve [problem]
>>
>>48141276
>Return to Return to Mirrodin
>Spend months hyping the plot, setting the pieces, for a massive battle between good and evil
>Tensions grow
>Release day, it turns out that the entire plot was a red herring to set up a Peter Griffin vs. Chicken-esque fistfight between Nahiri and Sorin that lasts for three sets

>Resolve nothing with Phyrexia

FUND IT
>>
>>48145867
>return to return to mirrodin
>turns out phyrexians are just the larval form of eldrazi titans
>the scooby gang has to save the day so they can get a person of color on their team
>>
>>48143421
>bedecked

thou'st totally radical, m'dude.
>>
>>48144473
>>fighting a lithomacer
>>in an arena surrounded by stone

God fucking dammit sorin, you're a vampire. Just fly and make her fight you in the air then all the dumb rocks she wants to use have travel time and predictable trajectory before they can reach you

How this fight shold have gone:

>>sorin flies into the sky over innistrad overlooking the eldrazi chaos around him
>>nahiri levitates after him
>>Clip wings

GG NO RE fucking kor idiot

Also you're telling me that a vampire bloodmage doesn't have any spells that can make himself immune to pain precisely BECAUSE it can apparently disrupt spellcasting?

Is sorin such a fucking edgelord he went punished-snake mode after losing avacyn that he intentionally let's himself feel pain?

Nahiri wasnt using holy water or blessed silver or any anti-vamp shot, she literally just chewed up his guts with sharp rocks.

Apparently a bunch of cavemen jabbing you with stone spears s enough to prevent spellcasting and planeswalking, no wonder they haven't visited earth yet, we murdered all of them in the stone age
>>
>>48145867
>Three sets
>Modern format
You'll take your two set block of rushed plot and you will like it.
>>
>>48145004
Did he remember to bring silver with him? At least in Kessig, that was one way of telling that the guy you just met won't immediately turn into a nasty gribbly.
>>
>>48145912
the two set blocks could work if they just ditched them entirely and went with three or four set blocks instead

They never gave a convincing answer as to the reasons behind the switch, and the maiden voyages have been fucking atrocious.
>>
>>48145004
>human from zendikar
Shit, meant Innistrad. She's from zendikar, but everybody thought she was a human local just to not burn her at the stake and end the plot earlier
>>
>>48145963
Because
>muh draft format ruined by third gimmicky set and need to bring in certain amount of mechanics
>despite having many articles stating that its OK to reuse old mechanics
and
>Two-set format helps keep a nice, short, and concise story together

Yeah, it's basically Wizards trying something different. I don't really like it.
>>
>>48145907
Are you crazy?

>woman losing to man in a combat

That would be even more misogynistic than Triumph of Ferocity and that X-Men poster with Mystique being choked by Apocalypse.
>>
>>48146004
Not even something different. They did with ice age/alliances.
>>
>>48145907
Why are sorin fangirls so rabid?
>>
>>48145963
It keeps standard more consistent in terms of the number of cards
>>
>>48146076
Ice Age was like really long ago anon, completely different time.
>>
>>48146004
That's because it ruins their storytelling method of establishing the nomm, introducing the conflict, then having the resolution, which means you get them lumped together.

For example, you either get BFZ where the first set is already in full conflict and the second resolves it all, or you get SOI where the first is establishing the mystery and the second is both the reveal of Emrakul and her defeat moments later.

It kills the pacing utterly.
>>
>>48146064
>that X-Men poster with Mystique being choked by Apocalypse.
Well, someone is going to call me a cuck for this, but...that poster, out of context, looked somewhat misogynistic, and Fox slapped it up knowing damn well it would cause a shitstorm leading to free publicity. Because right now feminist outrage is as predictable as the fucking tides. The actual moment in the movie was...fine, if uncomfortable as fuck and going on a good 30-50 seconds longer than it needed to, but that's because I'm squeamish about suffocation and nothing to do with feminism or misogyny.
>>
>>48146104
But with BfZ it was:
>Introduce ongoing conflict
>Shit escalating with Ulamog
Then Oath
>Escalate even more by introducing Kozilek into mix
>And just rush to the end

If it was just:
>Fight Eldrazi
>Ulamog comes
>Do something about Ulamog
It wouldn't be so bad.
>>
>>48146095
I dislike both sorin and nahiri because this entire block is literally a sitcom episode where simple miscommunication spirals out of control

Wizards could have made him be impaled with moonsilver, or shit for extra thematic pain have her shackle him with avacyn's remains, the final fight took place in markov manor after all

SOMETHING that isn't as stupid as "the oldwalker couldn't planeswalk because his tummy hurt real bad" despite initial planeswalks being entirely involuntary and often triggered BY pain, despite him being fucking undead and therefore not giving a shit about organ damage, and despite being both a bloodmage and black/white he apparentlydoesn't know any spells to ignore pain

That's why I'm pissed. It's a giant asspull, why did he even bother enlisting Olivia if when the two of them fight the armies are literally irrelevant and just get incinerated anyways
>>
>>48145907
Sorin can't actually fly.
>>
>>48146137
>Well, someone is going to call me a cuck for this, but...that poster, out of context, looked somewhat misogynistic
Look! this angry woman is about to snap the neck of this poor kid Zod's style, someone stop her!...oh wait, this is female on male violence, nobody cares
>>
>>48146180
He can ask his buddy vampire nighthawk for tips
>>
>>48146142
Yeah. 2 set blocks can work, but BFZ had help in that the scene was already set. They just screwed it up by also tossing Kozilek in instead of dedicating the block to Ulamog alone.

SOI was more tricky. I don't know how they could have done the mystery reveal well in two sets while still resolving it.
>>
>>48146176
You literally have no idea about anything. Vampires aren't undead in Innistrad.
>>
>>48146191
I'll be honest, she looks like she's giving him a nice massage.
>>
File: file_83079_0_haywire-big.jpg (298 KB, 1000x1482) Image search: [Google]
file_83079_0_haywire-big.jpg
298 KB, 1000x1482
>>48146191
>>48146137
Oh shit, this woman killed a man! oh wait...females have the right to kill men for some reason so nobody complains
>>
>>48145004

Clearly Innistrad lacks nerds that get shoved into lockers, so they had no clue what Jace was.
>>
>>48146199
He's still right in that planeswalking being involuntary and triggered by pain
>>
>>48146194
>I don't know how they could have done the mystery reveal well in two sets while still resolving it.
emrakul emerging has to be separate from the mystery block (to keep the mystery) and separate from the finale block (to keep some tension)

Literally no way to do it nicely while adhering to the two block standard. It's a three-block story shoved into a two-block hole.
>>
>>48146191
She's holding his head steady because he's Cyclops and kills everything he looks at. It's ambiguous at worst.
>>48146213
Do you also complain when Bond movies have a male corpse on the poster? If she was straddling a still-living and helpless guy and putting a gun in his mouth you might have a point.
>>
>>48146199
They sure as shit aren't mortal.

What was the point of sorin donning his edgelord grim nemesis armor+coat combo if LITERAL ROCK can pierce it?

Not even magic rocks, not even ancient and rare minerals used for weapons, just the walls of his fucking house are enough to break it

If sorin lived in an apartment with drywall he'd have survived.
>>
>>48146241
Ignition, mainly. And it's one of a variety of possible triggers.

The controlled act itself requires focus, and even then there's no standardized way of doing the deed, it comes differently to each walker.
>>
File: Akukek.gif (835 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Akukek.gif
835 KB, 500x375
>>48145607
>>
>>48143875
Sorin literally soloed all three of the Eldrazi titans long enough to lead them to Zendikar and then still had the strength left to use his blood magic to drain enough of their power so they couldn't escape in time. He was the muscle of the plan, he probably had the most raw power out of the three and even now he still probably has more than any other planeswalker short of Bolas.
>>
>>48146311
Vampires on Innistrad used to be human. Sorins daddy made them into the blood suckers we know and love
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 312x445
>>48146241
Sure. And clearly, that means that all further planeswalking involves stabbing yourself through your ribs.

Being gutted by stone is a perfectly valid excuse for not being able to planeswalk. Hell, how can this bother you but not the fact that Nahiri was trapped in the Helvault and thereby couldn't planeswalk?

Planeswalking is a type of magic. True, trauma can ignite the spark and send you careening through, but that doesn't mean you don't need focus to do it later.

But yeah, sure, Sorin should be able to get out of anything, totally.
>>
>>48146277
I'm not complaining about the posters, I'm ok with any of them, I'm complaining at the double standards of "male on female" poster bad while "female on male" poster good

And this is completely ignoring Apocalypse is the villain and he does villainy things
>>
I hate Nahiri so much.

There is just no way she could defeat Sorin like this.
>>
>>48146312
Every single neo-walker in the gatewatch's first planeswalk was involuntary and caused by some physical or emotional duress

If a fucking eleven year old can jump away while in danger there's no reason Sorin shouldn't be able to as well
>>
>>48146311
They are mortal actually.

>>48143942

It increases longevity. It doesn't make you immortal.
>>
>>48144305

The plane barely survived a year without Avacyn when the angels were all around, just in confusion.

Now there is literally one fucking angel on the entire plane, humanity's numbers are decimated, the vampires are under the leadership of a psychotic bitch who is so dumb she doesn't care if the world ends if she can be queen of the ashes for a few minutes, and the other monsters are all worse than ever.

Innistrad is FUCKED.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 312x445
>>48146422
That's only immediately post the spark igniting. Otherwise, why the fuck would scenarios like this ever happen?

Oh, I'll just jump to
Dominaria and then jump back and punch her. Sounds good. Every planeswalker fight would be them fucking ninjaing every two seconds across planes.
>>
>>48146429
Source? That's a pretty huge retcon.
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/savor-flavor/planeswalkers-guide-innistrad-stensia-and-vampires-2011-11-02

>>Surrendering their mortality

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=234441

>>What's the point in living forever?
>>
File: Krill with it.jpg (14 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Krill with it.jpg
14 KB, 320x240
>>48146462
>Turn planeswalker fights into DBZ episodes
What's the problem?
>>
>>48146468
They are ageless. Not immortal. I guess that is an important distinction.

>A vampire will starve to death

For example. Vampires also play it up. It is easy to get cocky when you've been around for so long.
>>
>>48146422
>Every single neo-walker in the gatewatch's first planeswalk was involuntary and caused by some physical or emotional duress

Ignition, mainly. And trauma is one of a variety of possible triggers (looking past the Gatewatch, Narset ignited by achieving enlightenment).

>>48146468
Let's quote the source
>Vampirism on Innistrad is neither a virus nor a curse, but what the vampires themselves somewhat euphemistically call a "condition of the blood." It is an anointing that persists and is perpetuated by magic alone, and few if any of its bearers consider it a curse. When reflecting on the nature of "the condition," vampires sometimes poetically call it an ablution, a washing of the self in blood that results in a new state of being. Innistrad vampires are not truly undead, although they have some undead traits (such as agelessness and skin that's cold to the touch).
>>
>>48146462
Garruk was cursed and literally out of his mind, not to mention liliana is a Black walker who may have been mindfucking him or anchoring his soul in place

AFAIK there's no concrete refractory period for planeswalking, Garruk might not want to jump since he may not be able to return in time to finish fighting her and then succumb to the curse

None of that is relevant to Sorin, if thw choice is planeswalk away and come back at a later date, or get trapped forever, obviously he wants to jump. Nahiri doesn't have any metaphysical bullshit working to hold him, markov manor isnt made of hedrons, he's just crying like a bitch and can't concentrate apparently
>>
>Vampiric powers. Humans have a multitude of tall tales about the evils and wonders of which vampires are capable. In reality, though, the vampires' universal suite of powers is limited to just three things: agelessness, slightly enhanced strength (approximately double that of a human), and a two-foot-wide aura of silence that emanates from them at will.

>>48146553
No need for magic when good old ultra-torture does the job.

That said, being able to fuck with leylines probably helps a bit.
>>
So who wants to take bets on whether or not Jace remembers he's on this plane to find Sorin after Emrakul is sealed or if Sorin's stuck there because the guy who was looking for him conveniently forgets to find him?

I assume Nahiri's going to go looking for Ugin, although I imagine that for one, Ugin being in a coma for several thousand years is a much better excuse than Sorin's, and for two, Ugin wouldn't give her the time to set up and push her shit IN if she starts shit now that he can finally study an eldrazi in peace.

If the moon is inaccessible to him, Ugin is going to start murdering people left and right.
>>
>>48146683
I'm positive Ugin will yell at her.
Then yell at Sorin.

Then yell at everyone.

And then jerk off furiously to the moon.
>>
>>48146553
Look, this clearly is evidence that planeswalking isn't a get-out-of-jail free card and can be disrupted and requires concentration. You don't NEED metaphysical shit to stop it.

Jace could get fucking stabbed and not be able to planeswalk because of blood loss.

It is magic like anything else. Sure, ignitions have allowed planeswalkers to cheat death, pain and torture. But ignition is clearly a different thing than normal planeswalking, as otherwise, as I said, planeswalkers would constantly be walking during battle.

Why would any bad ever happen to a walker if they could instantaneously pop out and pop back in?
>>
>>48146728

Which is odd, because Nahiri lost a SHITLOAD of blood against Sorin and was able to walk away just fine.
>>
>>48146735
Time in the helvault leaves you with a mind of steel.
>>
>>48146754

Considering everyone we've seen come out of the helvault has gone insane that seems unlikely.
>>
>>48146773
Demons don't count, they're assholes by nature.

Avacyn wasn't insane when she left, that was Nahiri's doing when she came back to undo the AVR ending.
>>
>>48138158
>>48144648

Is this a meme or just really bad bait?
>>
>>48146936
Just a mad Sorin shlicker.
>>
>>48146956
Whole story is just a Nahiri being genocidal bitch. And people are totally white knights for her regardless.
>>
>>48146735
I don't know much about Kor physiology, but my point was that it isn't impossible to incapacitate a planeswalker from walking via mundane means. For oldwalkers, the threshold is a bit higher, but being eternally and internally shishkabobed is more than just a goblin with a knife.
>>
>>48147016
See >>48143733
Add to that SJWs
>>
>>48147016
Literally no one is a white knight for Nahiri. She's a monster. This isn't grey on grey morality. Sorin was right, Nahiri is wrong. But that doesn't mean that Sorin had to win.

Nahiri winning is bad end. It is bad end. It is okay to have an ending where the savior of Innistrad gets fucked. This'll give him a reason to be monoblack as originally intended when someone breaks him out.
>>
>>48146735
Cunts are used to bleeding.
>>
>>48147063
So much for Nahiri standing in the way of a millennia old vampire though.
>>
>>48147016
>whole story is Sorin refusing to apologize
>And people are totally shackled to his dick for it
>>
File: SJW.jpg (763 KB, 2404x1260) Image search: [Google]
SJW.jpg
763 KB, 2404x1260
>>48147054
Is this the classic degradation of fan base in proggress? Are they now pandering to females, dudebros and chads?

I'm worried, guys.
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 312x445
>>48147097
Well, since they were in combat, she was indestructible, so the Mortify did nothing.
>>
>>48147063
>Savior of Innistrad
>literally gives up at first sight of Eldrazi invasion

COUNT DINDU OF CLAN NUFFIN.
>>
>>48147112
>A character who was well liked by MtG fans
>Whole story is basically Sorin's character being bastardized and everyone ragging on him
>Everything around him falls apart just to cause him pain with no pay offs
>>
>>48147112
> genocide of millions of innocent people
> justified because one guy refuses to apologize

you are officially retarded.

>>48147063
>>48147097
I think that she shouldn't be anywhere near Sorins powerlevel. Her defeating him is just wrong.
>>
>>48147134
Sorins planswalker card can kill Nahiris planswalker card on the turn he came to play.
>>
>>48147149
Why did people like Sorin? Just the whole edgelord who cares thing? He's basically featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

>>48147141
Eh. He was the Savior last time even though he did fuck all. Not so much now. Would you rather I say "would be savior"?
>>
>>48145261
New Mortal Kombat character confirmed
>>
>>48147149
>Liking an asshole who doesn't even follow through on anything

Anon, familiarize yourself with the word "hubris."

>>48147160
>condemn millions of innocent people to death
>justified because you pulled an all-nighter installing home security

You are officially retarded.
>>
>>48147141
>Savior of Innistrad
>He has to be savior of Zendikar too for some reason
reread savior of innistrad, anon
>>
>>48147176
She was already out for two turns by that point.

This is surprisingly fun.
>>
>>48147119
>Literally hipster logic
>>
>>48147203
He gave up on Innistrad, have you not been paying attention?

Campaign of Vengeance:
>"There is no saving this world, not anymore. But we shall be its bloody vengeance. -Sorin Markov

The fiasco with Nissa was foreshadowing, Sorin just gives up at the slightest hint of a setback. He's fucking impatient as hell.
>>
Only thing Sorin ever did that was worthwhile was create a beautiful live-saving angel. He was even nice enough to undo his one true good act himself.
>>
>>48147160
>she shouldn't be anywhere near Sorin's powerlevel

Why? You've yet to give a compelling argument. Him being a vampire doesn't matter because vampires are weak as fuck on Innistrad. Him being a former oldwalker doesn't matter because she is too. The extra thousand years would give him the advantage if he faced anyone even remotely on par with their abilities, but he didn't.

Is it just because in your head, blood > stone? Or because you want the good guy to win?
>>
>>48147194
Except that is a retcon. Originally Sorin was the only one to come back. It is all just bad writing to make Nahiri look not so bad. Basic pandering to white knights and SJWs like you.

Also she handled the first "sttiring" of the eldrazi, if she didn't attack Sorin just to prove her point, she would not end up in helvault.
Also, she too voted for imprisoning Eldrazi on Zendikar.
Also, Jacetice League saved Zendikar and she didn't even noticed, being mad bitch and all.
>>
>>48147237
He's older and therefore stronger, he didn't spend a millenia trapped and kept getting stronger
>>
File: image.png (55 KB, 217x190) Image search: [Google]
image.png
55 KB, 217x190
Nahiri has done nothing wrong and is the most beautiful woman in the multiverse
>>
>>48147237
He was training magic and martial arts all the time. He fought most dangerous foes accross the multivers including Nicol Bolas.
She spent most of the time in coccoon underground or in helvault.
>>
>>48147264
That was Avacyn and Nahiri corrupted her into maddness, to the garbage can with Nahiri. I root for the Jacetice Society to hunt her down and put her out mercilessly
>>
>>48147264
>trolling is an art
>>
>>48147247
>Also, Jacetice League saved Zendikar and she didn't even noticed, being mad bitch and all.
She's been really busy being a mad bitch. I mean the timeline is literally
>Escapes during AVR
>Spends a few months at most on Zendikar
>Fucks off to Innistrad long before BFZ
>Been mad-bitching there ever since
>>
>>48147291
+1 this

NAHIRI MUST DIE
>>
>>48147261
Why? Why would he keep getting stronger? What challenges did he face that actually would make him get better?

You don't get better if you don't face things that require you to get better or actively seek out ways of training.

If everything that is even a minor inconvenience melts into dust due to being in the way of etc., what are the chances he would even try Mortify 2: The One Oldwalkers Can't Even Shrug Off.
>>
Will Nahiri defend Innistrad now like Sorin did after imprission her?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.