[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am embarking upon a Pathfinder Campaign and I want to build
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Wizard.jpg (60 KB, 400x397) Image search: [Google]
Wizard.jpg
60 KB, 400x397
I am embarking upon a Pathfinder Campaign and I want to build a stupidly powerful Wizard. Anyone got any solid experience here? I am new to Pathfinder so not sure where to start.
>>
File: 56959647_p0.png (2 MB, 1500x1524) Image search: [Google]
56959647_p0.png
2 MB, 1500x1524
Play a kitsune vigilante (night terror) with Innocuous Servant, Companion to the Lonely, a Traveler's Any-Tool, and Rough and Ready who pretends to be a loving maid and fights with mops and brooms instead.
>>
>>48121690
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/extras/community-creations/treatmonks-lab/test

Everything you need.
>>
>>48122812
Extremely outdated.
>>
>wizards
>powerful

Next you will be wanting us to make the sad thing that is cleric into a viable options.
>>
>>48122836
I fail to see your Problem, since cleric is a viable thing?? even the most viable thing there is!
>>
>>48121690
Just google
Pathfinder Min/Max Wizard
Then kys for being a powergamer
>Stormwind
Not this time. OP only expressed an interest in a powerful build, not a powerful build that fit a theme or design. Just strictly power.
>>
>>48123955
Did he not get the joke? Was his not getting the obvious joke itself a joke? Is everything just a joke?

My money is on the later, if only because I want to believe in a world where random capitalisation and punctuation are restricted to sarcastic shitposts. Alas it is the internet and we shall never truly know.
>>
That's not really enough info to go on.
What are your ability scores?
Are restricted to specific races?
What type of combat role do you prefer?
What level is this character?
You get the idea. There's a lot of guides out there if you just want a cookie-cutter OP munchkin wizard.
Not to mention that wizards tend to be considered powerful because they typically have a spell for any situation, but until you start getting up there in levels, most other classes will actually be more useful in combat.
The best advice I can give is to play as pretty much any other full caster (like a Druid, Cleric or Arcanist). Wizards are probably the least exciting caster, given they only have spells and meta-magic feats.
>>
>>48125170
>Are restricted to specific races?
Meant to be "Are you restricted to specific races?"
>>
>>48121690
Basically, you start by never, ever taking any damage spells. Damage spells are not stupidly powerful. Damage spells are more or less balanced because anyone with half a brain can usually compare a damage roll to a monster health bar and adjust relative size.

You instead take buffs, debuffs, and controls, starting with shit like Color Spray (why yes I would like to stun multiple creatures for multiple rounds) and other things that are stupidly powerful because the devs cannot balance them because they cannot subtract a Forcecage from a Hellhound and get any kind of sensible result.

Also, look carefully through the Summon Monster spells, and get as many splat-summons as you can. Summons frequently have more spells and spell-like abilities of their own, so it's like you're getting another spellcaster.

Extend Spell is good for making your buffs last longer. Quicken Spell is good for casting more spells. Most other metamagic is trash, particularly the "extra damage" metamagic like Maximize when you have no damage spells.

Take Improved Initiative and Spell Penetration.

Once you get into the money, buy lots of scrolls for utility spells like Invisibility and Protection from X that don't have a saving throw or otherwise don't require interacting with monster stats. Your rogue will appreciate it.

Remember how I said don't take damage spells? Take Disintegrate anyway, once youre at that level. Treat it as a Remove Obstacle spell for obstacles like walls of stone, walls of iron, walls of force (!), and so on. If your DM puts walls of magic-immune supermaterial in front of you to foil this, try to loot the magic-immune supermaterial.
>>
Or just once play the game for story and character. Focusing on game mechanics is for powergaming sperglords. Optimisig builds will never bring fun to the table.
Wanna have fun? Create a personality for Your wizard and play your role. If You want to be a powerfull wizard You need to play like one, obtain power through actions of Your character not through bunch of numbers of character sheet.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.