[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fa/tg/uys and ca/tg/girls, let us stare into the RPG abyss together!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: tokensys.jpg (630 KB, 1008x1119) Image search: [Google]
tokensys.jpg
630 KB, 1008x1119
Perhaps you think FATAL is the most awful RPG ever levied upon our miserable souls?
You may be right.
But I would like to present you with a new contender.
Glyphs RPG.
Never heard of it? Don't worry, I know you haven't. I'll give you a moment. Find that website. Use the Google. I'll wait...

...found it? Good. Now let us marvel at the sheer mind-bending awfulness.
>>
>>48118098
It's really not that bad. Like, it's bad, and it's pretentious, but it doesn't deserve to be compared to FATAL, at least based on what I can find.
>>
>>48118189
Oh? At least FATAL can be played with dice.
This? All of the crazy charts for everything, but you need the token to make heads or asses of them.
>>
>>48118267
So? There are plenty of games with proprietary dice. You can't really play Warhammer without their weirdly printed dice, and technically it's harder to do FATE without FUDGE dice.
>>
>>48118267
All I can find are character creation-based PDFs. Maybe you could post a link to the how-to-play section instead of just saying "google it"?
>>
>>48118439
Front page? White button with green text what reads Download?
Downloads you the full rulebook...
>>
>>48118439
And the website is in the OP picture.
>>
>>48118477
Oh, I didn't see that it was free.
>>
File: Eoris Sheet.jpg (449 KB, 1600x1248) Image search: [Google]
Eoris Sheet.jpg
449 KB, 1600x1248
If it's the appearance of mind-rending complexity you're after Eoris has got you covered (the books are really nice though).
>>
>>48121808
Is that even a real thing? How does it work?
>>
>>48118098
that's something else
i only took a glance, the art and design scared me away
I realize not everybody has an art budget, but some of those stock 3d models look really bad
>>
>>48121808
See the thing about that character sheet is that even though there's way too much stuff on that sheet I can still basically Grok what the system looks like. There's bubbles like WoD, skills, the defenses seem weird but I can probably guess the differences mostly, and though the top right and middle sections are weird I can sorta guess they're similar to resource systems or some kinda tracker like...well...WoD.

That glyph is just weird and nonsensical.
>>
File: cspg2.jpg (3 MB, 3106x2400) Image search: [Google]
cspg2.jpg
3 MB, 3106x2400
>>48121976
You know what's more impressive is that the more I read the more confused I'm getting.

Why is there so many hit locations? What is that "ether" crap about? What's this sustenance metrics thing's point, and what does "50% Shelter" even mean?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.