[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/srg/ Shadowrun General - Cyberweapon Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Radish Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to StuxNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>48075489
>2077_Model_Arm_Chainsaws.ad
>Junkyard_Jaw.trd
>Cyberweapon_or_Hyperweapon.sim
>Cyberarm_Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1752 (69% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled "Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face..."
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running FreeLove.BTL...

>Shoot straight (with your cybergun)
>Conserve ammo (for your cybergun)
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon (shoot it with your cybergun)
>>
Well I done fucked up and made a thread too. But this one's nicer, so let's party here chummers, for sure?
>>
File: 53015297_p0.png (560 KB, 1508x1920) Image search: [Google]
53015297_p0.png
560 KB, 1508x1920
>>48109062

Protip, open the catalog in another tab and refresh before you hit that "new thread" button; you'll prevent an awkward situation like this.
>>
File: 1467192637440.png (4 MB, 4584x4104) Image search: [Google]
1467192637440.png
4 MB, 4584x4104
>>48109137
We all can't be perfect
But if you buy now, you'll be the closest you've ever been to it.
>>
File: avalon_by_saturnoarg-d5sax8i.jpg (263 KB, 1024x1464) Image search: [Google]
avalon_by_saturnoarg-d5sax8i.jpg
263 KB, 1024x1464
>>48109153

Fair 'nuff.
>>
File: niles_female_by_koyorin-d9z2rpn.jpg (471 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
niles_female_by_koyorin-d9z2rpn.jpg
471 KB, 900x900
What are some cool things i can do with an eye patch?

I'm thinking about throwing a commlink into one, but outside of that, I don't really have anything. It's probably too small to put a gun into, but is there anything else interesting I could throw in one?
>>
>>48109835

It'd be a handy place to stash a medical slap-patch.
>>
>>48109835

sensors, exposive, eye drone
>>
>>48109835
What about some sort of device to spoof a retina scan?

Forgive my ignorance, I'm new to Shadowrun.
>>
>>48109153
couple companies are there multiple times, like red cab and dynalar
Are these actual shadowrun companies, by the way?
Rather new, don't recognize em.
>>
>>48110900
They look like 2020 not Shadowrun.
>>
So in the most recent release from the Arcology discussing the Howling Shadows release Red ('s writer) detailed what he (and according to him all the shadowrun writers) surmise would be the end of the Sixth World and the death of the entire planet. The cliff notes are:

>megacorps decide they want Asamondo's mineable resources
>they lobby for sanctions and trade restrictions against Asamondo
>without regular metahuman food supply the ghouls go nuts.
>mass exodus
>literal zombie apocalypse
>whole world turned/ dead in 6 months
>one year if dragons decide to get involved

Got thoughts on that? Personally I get HMHVV is super dangerous but I don't think it's that powerful. Also Red breathlessly overselling the power of vampires sounds about right.
>>
>>48110979
end of the sixth world?
Are we talking yet another apocalypse or the actual end of the sixth age where magic goes back to sleep.

Cause the former we deal with all the time, but the latter sucks.
>>
>>48111266

End of the world. Everyone dead or infected in 6 months to a year, the infected starve to death and die out a few weeks later.
>>
>>48111358
The entire world loses out to HMHVV in 6 months.
Dragons, spirits, runners, corps, everyone (including other HMHVV who want to keep their slice of the world intact)

I don't buy this propaganda
>>
File: Hand Razors.jpg (69 KB, 736x518) Image search: [Google]
Hand Razors.jpg
69 KB, 736x518
>>48109137
I like that picture. That's a nice picture.
>>
>>48109153
>Carp Ticket Centers

>United Express

So what kind of work I expect to do for courier services as a shadowrunner when wokring for NOTAmazon?
>>
File: amy-pond-eye-patch-600x350.jpg (27 KB, 600x350) Image search: [Google]
amy-pond-eye-patch-600x350.jpg
27 KB, 600x350
>>48109835
>It's probably too small to put a gun into

In Chrome Flesh there's a single-shot cybereye. If you have the patch built into your face like pic related, you could do that.
>>
>>48110979

Sounds like nonsense. It better be nonsense.
>>
>>48110979
Nah. If it got close to that point there would be massive retaliation in the form of corp- and gov-sanctioned pogroms against the Infected. See a ghoul/vamp/banshee/whathaveyou, shoot on sight as is your duty as a citizen.

I'd give the Infected a year at most before they go underground to survive.
>>
>>48111451

Between the intelligent sociopath infected who see this as an excuse to mobilize and set the world on fire, the ghouls that go nuts and start frenzying everyone on the streets, and the dwindling number of sane, intelligent hmhvv who know that just binge eating and making more infeccted willy nilly is a stupid short sighted idea, apparently.

Who needs the coming of Horrors, nuclear war, cfd dirty bombs, or even just nature revolting when you can just end the world with a bog-standard hollywood fast zombie apocalypse right?
>>
File: Asamondo Throne Room.jpg (57 KB, 1000x300) Image search: [Google]
Asamondo Throne Room.jpg
57 KB, 1000x300
>>48110979
>all the shadowrun writers

Maybe dumb freelancers, but surely not all the writers. HMHVV is dangerous, but infection is not guaranteed (and even if you get infected survival is not guaranteed), even ghouls often go crazy and feral, and there's no way for it to last.

>>48111616
But the intelligent undead like Ordo Maximus know the world needs to survive for them to survive, and ghouls are just not that dangerous- they are slightly harder to kill than regular folks, which we can do in spades. Not to mention that Asamando and the surrounding African region is not wealthy by the standards of other nations. They're packing AKs and Defiances, and the response would be t-birds and Thor Shots. They'd lose a straight-up fight. The only reasons Asamando exists at all is because the region is too fractured to force them out, and the powers that be appreciate a place to ship off their infected for study and containment.
>>
>>48108996
Are you insane? Shooting a dragon only pisses it off and is the quickest way to show what eventually happens to anyone who makes a seal with a dragon.
>>
>>48110979

That is incredibly stupid.

The minute the sanctions/restrictions happen and exodus/revolt is even on the table, The entire Corporate Court would have people out in force to guard the borders with shoot on sight orders and nobody would really bat an eye. I mean, not only that, they'd be given carte blanche to try whatever skunkworks shit they'd want to try in the region.

Also if you think Dragons/Corps don't have contingencies for end of the world protocols with bunkers and systems in place, that's even dumber.
>>
SaederKruppHoboKillingPersonaFix.btl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtL7SW_j__0
>>
File: 1442279408870.jpg (66 KB, 720x498) Image search: [Google]
1442279408870.jpg
66 KB, 720x498
>>48111485
Well, the majority of deliveries are done by drones, so you'd be troubleshooting that for most of the time. Getting drones out of trees, rescuing them from Barrens-dwellers to make sure Mr. Jenkins gets his love pillow on time, etc.

You'd probably also do stuff like stealing the travel algorithms from notUPS and notFedEx, to optimize distribution networks, or (if the Johnson had bigger plans in mind) have you intercept or delay a large number of competitor drones (and convoys on the highways) on the day that the Apple iPhone 103 came out, slowing shipping down and making sure people post angry messages on P2.1, which will help the Johnson negotiate Apple's next shipping contract for his own company.
>>
>>48112115

As with most things in Battleborn, it comes up with a cool idea and then takes it to a stupid "LMAO XD" conclusion.

Like, just act cool sometimes, goddamnit. Not every character needs to be fanatical and insane and over the top. It was well done when he was playing it straight and having a clear misunderstanding why he didn't have a gun to eliminate the poor with.
>>
>>48111760
its fine,your just not using enough gun is all.
>>
>>48110979
Well, this is how far SR has fallen with 5e... should fire the lot of them and roll back to 4th/20A and rebuild from there.
>>
So, drone weapon mounts in Chummer are broken right now. Is that a known problem? Nothing shows up under the category and there's none under All, just the standard vehicle mounts.
>>
>>48112275
Still an awesome idea for a Runner to face in Berlin? A SK company man who deludes himself as a spphisticated gentleman with a hateboner for sinless.
>>
File: Dead Dreams.jpg (80 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Dead Dreams.jpg
80 KB, 400x300
>>48112357
>implying that 4th was any better by the end

Chuck out Coleman, Hardy, Bull, and everyone else who participated in/covered up the embezzlement, and let SR and BT suffer for it. Get in new editors who actually can edit and have them work over 5e with a fine-toothed comb, including the new Technomancer book. Put out the missing errata for RF and beyond, and the techno book, but keep compiling all the rules. Publish equipment splats and more Shadows in Focus books- with a couple of decent writers per book, you can crank those out at a steady pace without fucking up anything too badly, and nerds love to buy that shit. Keep up the good metaplots like Megacorp Revision and whatever they're working on with Infected, give the headcases one last book for a send-off in 2080, and generally stay hands-off with new rules.

Then Jan 1., 2019, drop Shadowrun 25th Anniversary Edition. Updated core book, with updated RF, CF, DT, R5, etc. in a big cheap bundle. All the main splats will be out, so they can actually see how all the rules work and make 25A a streamlined version of 5e, with rules that are actually the same when written in two different places. then, inevitably, make SR6
>>
>>48112519

>Team is hired by a Mr.Johnson that says he just wants them to eliminate the sinless and the poor
>They seem confused
>"I'm new to zis. I'll.. pay you for scalps? Is that how you people do business?"
>>
>>48112614
Said 25A, meant 30A. We missed our chance to save it two years ago.
>>
>>48112357

I don't know howhow fair that statement is desu. Red brought it up as a side point to the major point that as writers for the shadowrun system and lore they really have to triple check whatever new changes they make to the world to make sure they aren't indirectly causing a new apocalypse.

Red's questionable breathless enthusiasm for HMHVV aside, it is still fair considering how precarious the entire shadowrun world always is in regards to major world consequences.
>>
File: Game.jpg (120 KB, 612x609) Image search: [Google]
Game.jpg
120 KB, 612x609
>>48112627
>runners shoot up a novacoke den, take samples back to the Johnson
>He runs them through a scanner
>one has a Saeder-Krupp (Full) SIN
>>
File: 1437948383091.png (374 KB, 900x850) Image search: [Google]
1437948383091.png
374 KB, 900x850
>>48112680
>it is still fair considering how precarious the entire shadowrun world always is in regards to major world consequences.

By 2077, they've seen multiple theoretical global catastrophes, from the Awakening and the Great Ghost Dance, toxic events all over the place, waves of VITAS, at least two concerted efforts to databomb us back to the stone age, and (most relevantly to infected apocalypse) both bug spirits and CFD trying to take over the world. And they're still standing.

It's not precarious. The names may change around, but the survival of metahumanity as a whole was not in doubt, at least by serious observers for very long. The Sixth World can take a punch.
>>
>>48112694

>Ah that man's life iz forfeit when he went to the den for riff raff drugs. You are not proven to be abzeloutely worthless. Have a bar of gold for each of you. Good day!
>>
>>48112805

But that's to be expected. That's why people who know movies know that the movie isn't (generally) going to end with everything going to shit and the main character dying because there's 20 minutes left in the film and no one's shot that gun that was owned by the villain ' s abusive father.

Obviously they can't have the world end on a whim because then they wouldn't be able to sell you more books and employ all those writers and artists.

The more valid aspect of your point would be that yeah the writers really could do with pushing the envelope and allow the world to have actual lasting change because clearly the Sixth World has been through worse. Short of Topps acquiring Earthdawn and nuking SR with a tide of Horrors probably Asamondo vs the World would allow for some interesting flavour and not exactly bring about the End times.

Also Megacorp Revision was pretty decent and the CFD metaplot keeps nanotechnology from being strictly better than all the outdated cool cybertech.
>>
File: Western.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Western.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Is this a viable gunslinger/infiltrator build? I tried to make the pistols skill high enough that it wouldn't be too prohibitive to make called shots every now and again, but most of all I'm uncertain if I did so at the detriment of actually being useful.
>>
If you're a PCC citizen, is that a Corporate Limited SIN, or a National SIN? Don't know which quality would more appropriately fit.
>>
File: 1439478185458.jpg (223 KB, 1280x1372) Image search: [Google]
1439478185458.jpg
223 KB, 1280x1372
>>48113249
Not bad. Personally, I'd shave the points from Escape Artist, Perfrmance, and driving (you don't even have a car) and put them into perception, because 6 is not a great value there for someone who wants to be off on his own sneaking around. You're also not going to be blazing away with a gun in either hand just yet, but it's on the road.

Guessing you took the Light Fire for a sneaky weapon. Get the Colt New Model holdout from GH3; you keep your revolver bonus, and if you load it with pepper punch or narcojet it's a very accurate non-lethal.

Also, I'm guessing that haven't actually finished the character, because I don't see a lifestyle, knowledge skills, contacts, or any bullets. Do that.
>>
>>48113499
Probably national, as I think the corporate SIN is mostly about being connected to a corp structure as an employee they can call upon, which being a citizen of the PCC wouldn't do. You're in the position of a shareholder rather than a wageslave in the PCC.
>>
File: 1466899601045.jpg (95 KB, 500x594) Image search: [Google]
1466899601045.jpg
95 KB, 500x594
>>48110932

Yup.

CP2020 is weird. I've never actually played it, due to the fact that the mechanics seem to be on the shittier part of old school, but I can't help buying splats 'cause it's so much fun reading them.
>>
>>48113249

PISTOLS
ARE
USEFUL
>>
Why would anyone ever take the brand loyalty quality?
it's like the worst "positive" quality.
I can really only see someone taking it for roleplay reasons, like it and incomplete deprogramming together or something, but it's so bad, even that seems unlikely.
>>
>>48114547
A gun is a gun, chummer.
>>
File: Not Tonight You Don't.jpg (101 KB, 780x585) Image search: [Google]
Not Tonight You Don't.jpg
101 KB, 780x585
>>48114669
Spoken like a man who doesn't love his weapons.
>>
File: Western.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Western.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48113759
I took your advice on the skills, and moved a point from body to intuition to make perception better. The two guns thing is so that I can alternate firing from either hand, thus making my ammo pool larger.

I took the Light Fire so I could have a silenced holdout. You can't put a silencer on a revolver unfortunately. How would you load it with narcojet anyway? It can't shoot injection rounds as far as I can tell.

Anything else I should clean up? The enemy thing for one seems peculiar -- I can't find any actual rules on it but since it's in Chummer I thought it would be cool to have a fellow gunslinger rival.
>>
>>48114731
I really think you should keep your relationship to your gun purely proffesional.
>>
>>48113249

Looks pretty okay to me, you can even double as an asocial infiltrator. A few suggestions:

- grab some mild DEX/REA-boosting drugs - betameth, snuff, etc. Drugs are fun, drugs are nice.
- you get more mileage from loosing one point of essence to muscle toner than buying improved agility. You'll still be able to add on some cybereyes with inbuilt smartlink and other fun stuff. Nuyen's the limit.
- you have high Edge, so you're probably gonna use it a lot. See if you could find place for Daredevil and/or Revels in Murder.
- if I were you I'd take my points from longarms and put them into automatics so that I'd be able to both shoot stuff at longer range and lay down some suppresive fire if needed.
- grab an invisibility spell foci to be able to sneak even better, although not necesarilly at chargen.
>>
>>48113249
if you want to do called shots, you want the Perfect Time quality to giver you a second free action so you can called shot while running or using rapid draw.

your smartgun systems do nothing because you dont have the smartlink to plug them in to. if you're as cash-strapped as i think you are, consider using laser sights instead (they're 95% as good if you dont have an implanted smartlink anyway)

speed loaders only matter if your agility is lower than the capacity of the cylinder. look at the table on page 163.
>>
>>48114813
>How would you load it with narcojet anyway

Capsule rounds, mix narco and DMSO (you can do that to all non-contact toxins).
>>
>>48114884
I eventually plan to get "burnout's way" and cyber up, but I'm too impoverished to do so from the start.

>>48114941
Yeah, I just realized I got rid of the smartlinked contacts but kept the smartguns. Thanks for pointing that out.

>>48114983
That makes sense. Didn't realize you could do that.
>>
>>48110468
>putting bombs in your own head
I seriously hope you didn't have to pay for that.
>>
>>48114470
They ARE shitty, in every single way.

It's really sad that there isn't a cyberpunk game with good mechanics.

Cyberpunk becomes more and more relevant, and yet the genre gets less and less attention.
>>
File: Wuxing Mage.jpg (84 KB, 736x1011) Image search: [Google]
Wuxing Mage.jpg
84 KB, 736x1011
Any recommendations for a alchemy Mentor Spirit? Some of them give benefits to specific types of preparations, but I don't know if there's a good general one.

>>48115271
It's growing in vidya, a few different cyberpunk games coming out soon.
>>
>>48115271

> It's really sad that there isn't a cyberpunk game with good mechanics.

Looks like a nice niche to fill.
>>
File: Johnson masks his identity.png (98 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Johnson masks his identity.png
98 KB, 320x240
I've got a question for you folks.
My DM reccomended the following podcasts to learn about shadowrun. Am completely new.

>http://arcologypodcast.com/
>http://neo-anarchist.com/
>http://www.violentlifepodcast.com/
>http://criticalglitch.com/
is there a best?
all of them have like 40 episodes, and I really don't want to sort through and listen for good ones, especially since some of them are like fourty five minutes-hour long episodes.

I've been listening to neo-anarchist since it's short and packed with history, but something about his voice and the ultra biased roleplaying especially constantly saying crows rubs me the wrong way a little.
>>
>>48115311
>It's growing in vidya, a few different cyberpunk games coming out soon.

Deus ex, cyberpunk 2077 (If that's ever coming out, their website stopping getting updated years before Witcher 3 came out IIRC)... I can't think of anything else, but there probably is something.
>>
>>48116148
VA-11 HALL-A just came out, if you like waifus and non-runner cyberpunk
>>
>>48116162
Didn't know about that one.

Gonna be real here, it looks like crap to me despite the rave reviews.
Are the waifus what give it such good reviews?
Are they that good?
>>
>>48116148
Neon Chrome.
Black Ice.
NO THING.

god, especially fucking NO THING.
And these are just from my wishlist!

>>48116235
I think it has good reviews because you get to liquor up shadowrunners (actual fucking cyber assassins) and newspaper CEOs and listen to them talk about their lives.
>>
>>48116266
I focus on NO THING because I feel like that is exactly what being brainhacked looks like.
That's exactly the shit I'm going to do when I give someone that special flavor of biofeedback that makes them hallucinate wildly.
>>
File: jesus.png (137 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
jesus.png
137 KB, 1600x900
>>48116235
The waifus are really not the appeal of the game. It's advertised as such, but the protagonist has no romantic interest with any of the characters, and none of them come as waifu-bait unless your idea of a dream girl is an android prostitute that takes her job in stride. Play it for the cyberpunk setting as seen through the eyes of a bartender on the outskirts of the action, getting their information from the people that come in to the bar and characterize the world, rather than by being on the front lines in the midst of action.

Every day has about two-three alternate conversations based on the drinks you serve, but I've yet to replay it and actually find everything. It's short as hell for a VN, but not bad for fifteen american fun bux either. Just be warned that it has more 4chan-y humor for lack of better words. It's balanced well with the more serious topics, but if browsing danger/u/ or seeing mock-Costanza (who actually has some genuinely funny stories and makes for a neat detective) are going to send you into a seething rage, don't even bother.
>>
>>48115831
Crows?
>>
>>48116391
he keeps calling the viewers crows.
I don't quite get why.
>>
>>48116377
>>48116235
Aw fuck, don't forget to play the Prologue followed by the Demo before playing the main game. Both are relevant and referenced back to, and you can get everything off MEGA if you dig through the archives.
>>
>>48116377
Streamer-Chan is pretty funny.
>>
File: Corvideo.png (283 KB, 900x809) Image search: [Google]
Corvideo.png
283 KB, 900x809
>>48116391
>>48116407
He's a raven shaman. 'Little Crows' is his nickname for his audience.
>>
>>48116427
Likewise. I'm still a little dissapointed she didn't get more conversations.

Know I'm wondering what it'd be like to play a technomancer/decker that was constantly streaming, or at least browsing social media, 24/7.
>>
>>48116377
>your idea of a dream girl is an android prostitute that takes her job in stride

... Guilty. Dorothy is adorable.
>>
Can someone explain why 'geek' is the slang for killing?
>>
>>48116645
I imagine it's based in geek shows. "Geeks" biting the heads off chickens and the like.
>>
>>48112805
But what happens when the Horrors come back?
>>
File: Temp.png (119 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Temp.png
119 KB, 500x500
>>48116645
A lot of SR Futureslang is dumb and doesn't make sense.

>http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/game-resources/slang-guidebook/
>Hoi
>Hi Hello. (Familiar form)

HOI!! I'M TEMMIE! I'M UR FIXER!
>>
File: 1447034767854.jpg (203 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
1447034767854.jpg
203 KB, 1024x684
>>48116737
'Hoi' just a variation on hello in Japanese. It makes perfect sense.

>>48116728
Then humanity survives, probably. Made it through at least two waves already, and there's no reason the Sixth World should fail any harder than the Fourth at surviving, especially now that we have spaceships.
>>
File: hoi.png (50 KB, 216x178) Image search: [Google]
hoi.png
50 KB, 216x178
>>48116737
Hoi, chummer! It looks like we'll be partners on this mission. I'll be sure to lend you my strength.
>>
>>48116785
Rather have Jonathan desu
>>
Is it OK to do a Shadowrun campaign on a non Shadowrun system?
Like, I love Shadowrun's nomenclature but the system itself and the world is eh in my eyes.
>>
>>48116852
>don't like system or world
>only like made-up slang

Yes, anon, you can run a cyberpunk game, a fantasy game, a cyberpunk fantasy game, or something else entirely that is not Shadowrun but uses words stolen from the books. We're not going to try and press copyright.
>>
>>48112450
They should be working properly, but I'm not in a position to test it right now. What version are you on?
>>
>>48116737
>fixer that has no sense about money, will even buy back things they sold/gave us for more
I'd be ok with it.
>>
>>48116895
Well, I like the world but not the creative restriction of having the mega corps pre-made. I feel like such a major part should be custom.
>>
>>48115831

Arcology is a great actual play, it gets engaging really quick and they're a good group of role players playing in a diverse and colorful group with one of the better gms I've heard. Mr. Johnson always let's them do cool shit and occasionally breaks the group in half with hit squads and gang attacks.

But you should start at the beginning and also get ready for some shitty audio at first.

Also neo anarchist is pretty good. He's got a fun character who adds a lot of flavour and as he gets into the metaplots he adds a lot of interesting detail.
>>
>>48116777
>Breeder n. Ork slang for a “normal” Human.
I don't get this one, since it's orks that 'Breed', insofar as they have lots of kids and die fast.

>Deckhead n. Simsense abuser; anyone with a datajack or chipjack.
I feel like 'Chiphead' or 'Beetlehead' (From BTL, Beetle) is a better slang term, to reduce confusion from cyberdecks.

>Drek n. (vul) A common curse word. adj: Drekky
>Frag v. Common swear word. adj: Fragging.
>Slot v. Mild curse word.

I prefer just going with actual profanity rather than these 'replacement' words. 'Fuck' is classic, I have a hard time imagining it going out of style.

>Go-go-go n. A bike gang or gang member.
I like 'Go-Gang' for bike/car gangs, I'm not sure I'm feeling go-go-go for the members of those gangs.

>Jander v. To walk in an arrogant yet casual manner; to strut.
Wut

>Razorguy n. Heavily cybered samurai or other muscle.
I prefer 'Razorboy/Razorgirl to Razorguy/Razorgal? Also, I tend to only apply that moniker to blade-focused Sams, not gunsams.

I think most of the rest works.
>>
>>48116964
Wow, you weren't kidding about the shitty audio.
Thanks in any case, chummer.

I do agree that neo anarchist is good, but he has some quirks that bug the fuck out of me
>Yelling HOI directly into the mic at the start of half the episodes
That shit's annoying.
>>
>>48116946

Then customize it. Shadowrun doesn't have to be exactly the same in each campaign and shit. If you want human headed centaurs that's fine. If you want the UCAS to get nuked then that's fine. And if you want to homered your megacorp go ahead.
>>
>>48117007

He stops doing that eventually too.
>>
As a GM, how do I shift a game towards being more and more noir without my players noticing?
It's not like I can add the widescreen bars and film gain to their imagination.
>>
>>48116979

Those are fine, I like your substitutes.

Only thing I would disagree with is swearing. It's totally cheesy and stupid but it also is really cute and in-style for the gritty hardcore broody but totally goofy and over the top and laughable anksty atmosphere of 80's era cyberpunk.
>>
File: Go-Gang Motard.png (382 KB, 786x507) Image search: [Google]
Go-Gang Motard.png
382 KB, 786x507
>>48116946
The 10 AAA corps are specified, as are a few AAs and As.

There's dozens of other AAs and As out there, and hundreds of Bs and Cs. There's plenty of space to make up your own corps if you want, and for all practical purposes they are the same. The runners won't care if the corp has 100,000 employees in 90 countries, or 20,000 employees in 17, the facility they are going after is still a big factory with about 10 guards.

>>48116979
>Breeder
Because when a meta has kids with a human, the kids usually express as the meta. Hence, humans are for breeding.

>Swears
Fuck is still around, but there's also call for more than one swear in society; how many people say 'faggot' anymore outside of 4chan, while new curse words pop up all the time. Plus, they need some stuff they can print in a book.

>Razorboy and razorgirl
Were commonly used terms, and still are most of the time. I never hear anyone use 'razorguy' or 'razorgal'.

>Jander and go-go-go
Don't know those ones. Amazingly, you don't have to use all the slang in the book all the time- you can pick and choose the words that come out of your mouth. If you don't like one, don't use it.
>>
>>48117045

New York detective NPC fixer with a bum ticker and an AI inhabited biodrone dog partner with a wry sense of humor, obviously.

Also [spoilers]way too many fedoras [/spoilers]
>>
>>48116933
Just updated to the latest version about an hour before I posted that.
>>
>>48113249
What program do you use for your char sheet?
>>
>>48117027
does he? that's good.
Guess I'll keep watching him.
>>
File: Troll Bruiser.jpg (25 KB, 236x610) Image search: [Google]
Troll Bruiser.jpg
25 KB, 236x610
>>48117045
Play up noir tropes. Cynical detectives doomed from the start, femme fatales, rainy streets and smoke-filled rooms, the players never get a job that doesn't already have innocent blood spilled because of it (and they can't get vengeance because the forces that be are just too powerful), etc.
>>
File: 1444077392159.jpg (100 KB, 700x462) Image search: [Google]
1444077392159.jpg
100 KB, 700x462
>>48117166
That's Chummer, chummer.
>>
>>48117224

Not to be confused with Omae, Omae.
>>
File: Cybergun.jpg (9 KB, 288x209) Image search: [Google]
Cybergun.jpg
9 KB, 288x209
>>48108996
>* You have 1 new private message, titled "Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face..."

That's what you get for keeping your arm loaded with lethals while driving.
>>
>>48117045
>without my players noticing
Why?

Try a few noir-ish runs and see if the players like it.
If they seem bored or aren't engaging with the idea of the film noir tropes, drop the idea.

Nobody really likes having 'theme' stuff like that sprung on them, so I really wanna know why you can't just say 'I want to run this game a little more noir' .
>>
>>48117394
I feel like if your players can tell what you are doing, you aren't trying hard enough to obfuscate your actions.
>>
File: Confused Man.gif (1 MB, 268x274) Image search: [Google]
Confused Man.gif
1 MB, 268x274
>>48117413
Why are you trying to hide the basic tone of a campaign?

Nobody is bothered if you say, "We're running 4-colour superheroes." They might not like that style, but they're not as bothered as, say, they might be if the GM keeps contriving reasons to stick them in spandex suits and have them fight intelligent gorillas with robot faces, when what they thought they were playing was a realistic street-level vigilante game.

People have a lot of expectations about Shadowrun, from Mohawk to Trenchcoat, and establishing what the game will be like thematically is a basic rule of GMing. Nobody likes a bait-and-switch.
>>
>>48116377
So, it seems that Kimra Corp lives on in the future. Or is that Michael Reynold's Virtual Horror Theme Park ILLBLEED! ?

I guess Kimra would be the bio-tech arm of Evo or something, and Michael Reynold's is a lunatic that the bugs probably don't want to go after.
>>
>>48117476
>Kimra Corp
???
>>
>>48116979
As far as swears go, do keep in mind that the original SR came out around the same time the PC police were out in force. The same era Dee Snyder had his apocalyptic Supreme Court battle; that whole time and shebang.

If they had put ACTUAL REAL SWEAR WORDS in the books, nobody would have bought.
>>
File: Oni Mage.jpg (1 MB, 2064x3264) Image search: [Google]
Oni Mage.jpg
1 MB, 2064x3264
>>48116933
Yekka, noticed something in Chummer. The metavariant cost for Oni isn't calculated in Sum-to-10- it should be 4 karma taken off the top (RF 106).
>>
>>48117566
I'd say play a game called Blue Stinger, but don't. It is not well put together and the camera changes from the Japanese version are really crap.

Instead find video of somebody else playing it. And Michael Reynold's Virtual Horror Theme Park, ILLBLEED is the setting of the game ILLBLEED.
>>
One of my players has expressed interest in playing a Don Quixote type character, if not Don Quixote himself (probably a CFD headcase, with an AI who read the original novel 2 billion times or something). Thoughts on some fun build options? We're thinking adept or mystic adept, fueled by belief in chivalry, and seeing Johnsons as quest givers in the tavern. Maybe an enchanted sword (weapon foci) as well?
>>
>>48118063
Get an Illusion or Health Sustaining Focus ('helmet'), and use it to either become invisible or more charismatic.

Yes, I know I'm mixing references with the first suggestion. I still think it's worth it for the great helm of Marimbo.
>>
>>48111721
>HMHVV is dangerous, but infection is not guaranteed
It virtually is. Only extreme fringe cases avoid infection.
>>
>>48112694
>one has a Saeder-Krupp (Full) SIN
Corporate born SINs only show up when checked within the corporation.
>>
>>48116801
>>48116785
fuck both of those squares, I'd rather have Isabeau
>>
>>48118867
so...
the JOHNSON IS SAEDER-KRUPP?
>>
>>48116777
>'Hoi' just a variation on hello in Japanese
Dutch, actually.
>>
>>48118986
'Hoi' is a variant on 'Hai'. It might also be Dutch, but I'm pretty sure that's not where it came from in SR.
>>
>>48119009
Time to mourn the death of city speak already?
>>
>>48119321
That's the danger of any non-written language. It changes fast, dies young, and usually doesn't leave much of a corpse.
>>
>>48118986
Finnish also.
>>
>>48119612
It was more hyperbole; city speak is alive and well circa 2075.
>>
>>48120281
I know, I was joking about it because I did a few look-ups in 3e and noticed how reading/writing worked back then.

And how much they called out that cityspeak didn't have a written form.
>>
File: han.jpg (111 KB, 324x385) Image search: [Google]
han.jpg
111 KB, 324x385
I used to hate shadowrun because everyone on Earth suddenly becoming wizards and elves and shit sounded dumb.

But now after playing the shadowrun games it grew on me, i don't care if the starting point is dumb, the result is cool.

Where should i start if i want to get to know the setting better?
Probably won't be playing the tabletop itself anytime soon though.
>>
File: EnRxaOk.png (658 KB, 631x631) Image search: [Google]
EnRxaOk.png
658 KB, 631x631
What's the best non-adept/mundane way to get more initiative bonus/inititive dice beyond wireless wired reflexes and wireless reaction enhancers?
Also, how does one have said things be wireless, or upgrade pre-existing cyberware? just buy completely new ones, if you need a better rating?
Just after character creation, am very new new, I've got wired reflexes, and thus 8+2d6 iniative. Does that give 3 passes for your character if I roll two sixes, or do 0s not count for initiative. Personally would think not, but you never know
>>
what is the best way to be permanently on fire without taking damage?
preferably, while still being able to wear gloves and shoes when I don't want to set the floor and my sandwich on fire.
>>
File: shootthemagefirst.jpg (466 KB, 1280x1678) Image search: [Google]
shootthemagefirst.jpg
466 KB, 1280x1678
Running my first Shadowrun game and my player is rolling a dwarf shaman
>m-m-magic
h-help, omaes
>>
>>48121079
First, queue up some of the SR games' music. It can be the SNES remixes on Youtube, the Genesis orginals on the same, or one of the soundtracks to the Returns games.

Now, look at the Sixth World Almanac and the annotated Dunkelzahn's Will. The unannotated version's also good, but you'll miss some references, a few of which are funny. And, of course, one of the main book's intro bits.
>>
>>48121131
Depending on if the GM allows it, there's rules for upgrading 'ware. Otherwise it's take out the old 'ware and put the new one in (and if you're doing this in Chummer, it's real important for essence hole reasons). At least the stuff will fetch a pretty penny even if your negotation sucks. And while I'd normally answer and refer you to the page where the answer is re:initative (two passes and page 158-9), I want to plug a few moves from Run and Gun that might help you a lot more when you have initative ending in 6+.

If your build will get more defense out of a Block, Parry, or Dodge action than out of Full Defense (or you just don't feel like giving up a full turn's worth of initiative when these options let you just spend five) Run and Gun has the Pre-Emptive Dodge, Block, and Parry moves. Declare as a free action, spend five initative, and you get to Block/Dodge/Parry (as appropriate) for the whole combat turn.

>>48121157
What in specific?
>>
File: HappyNuki.jpg (20 KB, 192x186) Image search: [Google]
HappyNuki.jpg
20 KB, 192x186
>>48121131
>What's the best non-adept/mundane way to get more initiative bonus/inititive dice beyond wireless wired reflexes and wireless reaction enhancers?

DO DRUGS, MOTHERFUCKER
LOTS OF DRUGS

>>48121156
>what is the best way to be permanently on fire without taking damage?
>preferably, while still being able to wear gloves and shoes when I don't want to set the floor and my sandwich on fire.

GET A POSSESSION SHAMAN TO SHOVE A FIRE SPIRIT ALL UP IN YA BUTT.
>>
>>48121131
Shoot, I forgot the first part of your quest. >>48121361 has the most of it. Unless you've got a mage willing to sustain a spell for you, but IIRC, it won't stack with WR. Just replace if you get a better result.

>>48121156
If you're an adept or mage, there's a power/spell that lets you surround yourself with an elemental aura. If you're not a mage, get an alchemistic fellow runner to make you a little bead of Fire Aura (can use other item instead of bead). Learn medicine and offer to help them heal the drain of a no-reagent Force 6 command (unless you've got enchanting gloves, then it can be contact) alchemy preparation. If they know Healthy Glow have 'em cast it on themselves first (hopefully fetish limited) so that it gets rid of most of the penalties. Hopefully.
>>
File: 1429950916478.png (86 KB, 180x248) Image search: [Google]
1429950916478.png
86 KB, 180x248
>>48121327
Ah, that sounds really cool.

I can't find anything about what making something wireless costs, though, really wish the core book in the pastebin was searchable. that's the main thing. If I can get reaction enhancers plugged in and already have them be wireless connecting with my WR, that will make we pretty fucking happy.
>>48121361
>DO DRUGS, MOTHERFUCKER
>LOTS OF DRUGS
I'M PLANNING ON IT
not really though, unless I get some stuff to help prevent maluses
>>48121437
guess I'll just have to ask.
I wasn't very done with my character first session, but I'm fairly certain both of our magic types are support-ish
>>
File: Temp.jpg (170 KB, 850x582) Image search: [Google]
Temp.jpg
170 KB, 850x582
>>48121482
>I'M PLANNING ON IT
PRAISE TANUKI
I'M YOUR MENTOR SPIRIT NOW
>>
Is it acceptable to bail the player's shit out after burning an edge by having them get rescued by a dead/ghostly runner?
>>
>>48121482
By default in 5e, things are wireless-capable, IIRC, you can take a free action to switch wireless on or off. During a run or sneaking mission, have your gear running silent, it's not going to affect much because you're not going to be surfing the matrix on your wired reflexes, most likely.

Otherwise, don't bother unless you can't protect the stuff, because having your commlink running silent can be shady in the wrong situations or worse. Illegal.

>>48121482
Keep in mind that if you get Connection 5 drug dealer you can pay more to get better versions of drugs that are less addictive. Pay double for an initiative boosting drug and then you can use it once a month and not have to worry about addiction.

But you're probably going to want to use it more often, and so you'll need two successes on the anti-addiction roll.
>>
>>48121176
thanks
>>
>>48121510
>tanuki
>my mentor spirit
b-but my mentor spirit is sanic
>>
File: snorlax.png (90 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
snorlax.png
90 KB, 500x500
>>48121327
She's Pacific Islander and she wants to have a Volcano totem, but I don't even know how totems or magic work and I'm trying to read the book in English which is about my 3rd language, and I'm having trouble figuring out how to help her make her magic ant etc

Not to mention we made her character (sans spells and magic) in 3rd Edition Rules as a placeholder until our 5th Edition books arrive, but we're running the the game in 2062 this is all a huge mess because I am bad desu
>>
>>48121616
Hm, so that's probably a no on the reaction enhancers, since they only stack when both are wireless and on.
what's running silent and why would it be shady/illegal
>connection 5 drug dealer
>this character
heh.
I have crap and shit for contacts.
>>
>>48121639
Okay. First, I'm a little tired, so I'm going to skip the spellcasting in anything but extreme overview. Choose a force, roll spellcasting+magic+modifiers limited by the chosen force, get the drain from the chosen force, roll the character's willpower+tradition attribute to soak it, and if there's any left over they take it as drain. If they rolled more successes than their magic (after limits are applied) then the drain is physical, otherwise it's stun.

Now onto the 5e mentor spirit stuff. It's a 5 karma quality, gives you the benefits and negatives of the chosen mentor spirit. I'm going to give my two cents on what mentor spirits might be applicable as a zero effort refluff, but this is as a Texan who's never been within appreciable distance of a volcano. Like, in an ideal situation, you'd do a look at what the idea of Volcano is to your understanding of the Pacific Island cultures and work out a mentor based on that, but it's much easier to just use an existing mentor, possibly tweak a few things, and call it Volcano.

For core only, I'd suggest using Sea (to emphasize the unpredictable and taking nature of a volcano), Thunderbird (prideful, wrathful volcanic god emphasis) or Shark (to emphasize the inexorable violence once a previously calm volcano starts to erupt).

Going into other books, there's Berserker in Street Grimorie but that's because of the of old ideas and stories (right or wrong) of volcanic sacrifices to a very fickle god or goddess.
>>
File: shit tyrone.gif (904 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
shit tyrone.gif
904 KB, 480x360
>>48121734
Translation error because I am that retarded: She wants a shark totem. I am so sorry. But I'm going to copypaste this for reference, thank you for helping omae
>>
>>48121652
Actually, the wireless bonuses are so that they two can work together and they can be real useful at higher levels of both.

Now running silent is this. Normally, you can see every matrix thing around you for a hundred meters by saying you go into AR and looking around. Once you've spotted something you can see it until somebody logs off. If you run silent, you take a -2 die penalty to matrix actions taken with the device you're running silent, but people have to actively search for your matrix icons. It'll be fairly easy to find because you're not likely to have a cyberdeck to help hide 'em, or a modded commlink, but it'll still slow hackers down.

The reason it's shady is because most people don't have cause to run silent, but as long as anything obvious has its icon showing (so commlink, gun, glasses, and earbuds for a stereotypical setup), people aren't going to find it shady or actually search to see if you have your WR and Reaction Enhancers running silent. Unless they have a reason to think otherwise.

And as for contacts, well, spend a little karma if you're going to be using. It'll help so much with not getting addicted.
>>
>>48121639
>using 3e rules
>to make a 5e character
Trogga, you what?
You do know that 3e and 5e are different systems? With different mechanics? To start with, Totems are not there since 4e AFAIR.
If you want to make a character, check the pastebin link in the OP, click on the mediafire/MEGA link, click the 5e folder and download the 5e corebook
>>
>>48117245

I'm glad at least one person picked up on that one.
>>
File: qwop.gif (1008 KB, 130x153) Image search: [Google]
qwop.gif
1008 KB, 130x153
>>48121771
I-I'm a mess anon
my life is in shambles
I shouldn't be running a game
>>
>>48121747
Okay then. Shark's dead simple. You get an unarmed bonus, a magic bonus (mages cast combat spells better, adepts get killing hand, Mystic Adepts choose one of those two), but has to make a roll to not go berserk when taking physical damage.

When berserk the character will keep on fighting enemies with no care for their self-defense. Just attack, attack, attack, so to say. But as long as it's all about taking out the enemy, anything's good.

>>48121801
Need to re-read that story. Made me smile a lot.
>>
>>48121829
Need to add on to what I said. I need to re-read the "Somebody killed Abdul" story that I associate with SR when Pulp Fiction gets mentioned.
>>
I mentioned the annotated Dunk's Will. Got curious and wanted to calculate the price of that brick.

Ran into an issue, Chummer has a price and availability for orichalcum, but in my book it's not on page 316.

Then I decided to do raw math, which makes it (in terms of drams needed to make the same size brick, so this is if you're making it for yourself) making that five pound brick worth 76,800,000 Nuyen if you wanted to make it yourself and never failed once.

I'm pretty sure that an individual commissioning something like that would get laughed out by anyone you should trust to try making it.
>>
>>48121809
What happened to this guy?
>>
>>48123317
He slotted qwop.gams and forgot to block the motor-neuron communications properly.
>>
>>48116737
TEMMIE BECOME FIXER TO PAY FOR COOL-EDGE
>>
>>48124787
It's sobering to think that by basically any edition of SR, that would be like adapting a quote from Fitzgerald (give or take a bit).

Well, okay, more like a Chandler's Marlowe or Hammett's Spade quote, given that it's SR.
>>
>>48117091
He's not saying you HAVE to use the slang, he's saying the slang they provide is often dumb.

Are you dumb?
>>
>>48125310
To be fair, if slang doesn't end up entering the popular lexicon, it often sounds silly.

Or are you saying that this giggle water makes you the darb of this party?

Although, sometimes hearing it in the original context is strange, just because it's got a different meaning now. Like bimbo or edge. First one you'd want your troll to be. Second one, hopefully your enemies are it.
>>
>>48116235
>Gonna be real here, it looks like crap to me despite the rave reviews.

Anything with cyberpunk will get rave reviews. Niggas be starved for that shit.
>>
File: Kami.jpg (59 KB, 312x428) Image search: [Google]
Kami.jpg
59 KB, 312x428
Any recommendations for Shinto reagents?

I don't know what kind of naturally occurring items might be useful in Shinto tradition, aside from sakaki trees. Could I set up yorishiro to attract kami and come back later to harvest from the blessed sites?
>>
>>48125885
That would probably work. Just remember the 'recharge' time and area.

Admittedly, the first one is much more of a factor than the second for most cities.
>>
>>48125885
I mean... that's basically your choices if you're outside of Japan, short of importing rocks from Fujisan, Hakusan or Tatesan
>>
>>48125914
Thanks. I'm putting together a mage who actually has points in Alchemy for once, so I want to do it properly.

The only thing I can't figure out is the tool cleanser from Street Grimoire. Is it necessary at all? They don't appear to have a positive effect on harvesting the reagents, only a negative if you mess up the the cleaning; it would make more sense to just buy a fresh knife every time for 10¥ than it does to put in the points into Artificing and keep buying cleanser refills to clean the same tools properly (because you harvest with Alchemy, but clean with Artificing, which is only useful if you want to make foci yourself even though making foci is really fucking hard and expensive). Or is this a retroactive, "You need to use this because reasons."
>>
>>48126051
It's really only useful if you're going to go for hunting animals for reagents or are going to otherwise need to have one kit for many kinds of reagents.

If you're doing something like planting the sakaki trees and setting up a yorishiro and, say, have one knife for each, so to speak, then you don't need the cleaners.

If you're going to hunt foxes, tanuki, and crows, you'd want the cleaner so that if you get lucky and all three have reagent worthy parts you don't have to carry around and juggle three knives or risk gathering a badly cleaned arrow out of your quiver of twenty arrows.
>>
Is a 5 story tall mech breaking out of a building and chasing down the team van an acceptable complication for a run?
>>
File: 1465475630388.jpg (948 KB, 1172x1700) Image search: [Google]
1465475630388.jpg
948 KB, 1172x1700
While on the subject, what good are refined and radical reagents? A few alchemy recipes call for them, but is there a value most of the time to turning 10 regular reagents into a refined reagent? I'm assuming if you use it to power a spell/binding/whatever, it counts as 10 reagents, but given that reagents are usually less than 5 grams per reagent, it seems safer to keep them in their base form instead of trying to boil it down.

>>48126169
That makes sense. Fortunately, I don't need to get soaked in blood to practise Shinto properly, so I can make do with some regular tools. Unless I want to make Hitobashira

>>48126319
If you're playing Super Sentai Shadowrun, sure. I don't think there's any grounding for a robot bigger than a Juggernaut (ED-209) in canon, though.
>>
>>48126367
I'm actually playing a shadowrun that borders on metal gear.
>>
File: 1437190378390.jpg (200 KB, 820x974) Image search: [Google]
1437190378390.jpg
200 KB, 820x974
>>48126381
Then go for it. Make sure to have a dramatic sting cued up when it bursts out of the wall.
>>
>>48126367
Mostly for advanced alchemy recipes. Some really are great. Some conditionally good. But all better than normal alchemy.

Also, faking artifacts more powerful than a low rating focus.

Also also for making orichalcum if you want to pay well/secretivly.
>>
>>48126414
>make sure you have a good sting
Fuck
fuuuuck
He's right but I don't have one
>>
>>48126694
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P5qbcRAXVk
>>
>>48112357
>roll back to SR2

Fixed that for you. SR2 with fixed and improved rules would be preferable for me. SR3 wasn't bad, per say, but it WAS the starting point for when shit started focusing too much on the magic and not the balance of magic/science.
>>
I'm learning the Matrix in 5e and I'm a little confused.

For example, when I'm defending my Commlink from a Data Spike, I roll Intuition + Firewall (3 INT + 6 FW). However, if a Hacker Data Spikes something without INT, do I roll Device Rating in its place?
>>
So, I'm planning a run where my players will have to recover a black box from a ghost ship. The ship has been confirmed sunk. Thrice. It still keeps showing up in the fog.
Tell me all the horrible things I should have on a ghost ship.
>>
File: Don't Look Like A Mage.jpg (46 KB, 1110x720) Image search: [Google]
Don't Look Like A Mage.jpg
46 KB, 1110x720
Is there a way to buy additional spells with karma in Chummer? When you go to add spells, there's only checkboxes for 'Limited Spell' and 'Alchemical Preparation', no option to buy with karma at chargen.
>>
>>48127392
What Chargen method are you using? and is this Chummer5a?
>>
>>48127374
Phantoms or morbi from HS. A spirit, bound alchemically to the helm, never able to be set free.

Spongebob

>>48127407
Sum-to-10 (I'm >>48117943). It's 5a, build 5.182.63
>>
>>48127436
You're a single nightly behind, try that as well. Are you a Magician, MysAd, or Aspected?
>>
>>48127499
Regular mage.
>>
File: 1459982581920.jpg (564 KB, 739x900) Image search: [Google]
1459982581920.jpg
564 KB, 739x900
So I'm working on a Decker/Rigger chick with the intent of making her an established Runner, rather than fresh meat. One or two years in the shadows, but at least 5-8 years worth of experience working on programming, decking, and drone-making, basically a total shut-in tech-wiz type whose circumstances wound up putting her on the runner market, meaning her skills ought to reflect that moreso than the flat stats and such.

Problem is, I'm awful at estimates, and I'm trying to figure out how much karma to allot myself for the sake of fleshing out her skills and abilities in correspondence to the character.

Anyone got a fair estimate of what amount of karma I ought to be picking out of? And if not the amount of karma, perhaps a general 'upper limit' or 'measuring stick' of skill point distribution on how to rank something from 'utter noob' to 'fucking prodigy extraordinaire'.

Pic unrelated, but you can never go wrong with Cyborg Karate Bug Women.
>>
File: 1443986042528.jpg (251 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1443986042528.jpg
251 KB, 800x600
>>48127538
>you can never go wrong with Cyborg Karate Bug Women

I don't believe your lies, Insect Shaman. For general ranking, 12 dice in a skill is generally considered the high point for chargen characters. So pump up those and buy qualities like Gearhead and Codeslinger to get them as high as you want.and you will have to balance that with money, because decker/rigger is the most expensive thing possible
>>
>>48127527
Once I hit the limit for the free Magician Spells (in this case 5), buying additional spells costs me 5 Karma each as normal.

You can't buy spells with Karma in Chummer without depleting your free spells first.
>>
>>48127594
So what, basically place her at an average of 6-8 or so in a skill when it comes to her specialties and such? Since she's meant to be 'that good', but not 'I just nuked an entire Renraku server and I did it without even trying.'
>>
>>48127606
Changed to .70, it's working now. Records it as -X out of 5 spells, but the karma subtracts as expected.
The metatype karma cost is still borked
>>
>>48127686
>48127686
I know

Take a negative quality that matches the karma difference and doesn't do anything mechanically, then drop it once you hit career mode.
>>
>>48127717
Sudden onset Amnesia it is. Or maybe I'll just tell the GM I have 4 less karma than I appear to have.
>>
>>48127594
The price of decking is just dumb.

I mean leaving aside the half a million nuyen laptops, you still have the high karma cost.
For something that apparently some people do as a HOBBY.
>>
File: 16 - 1.jpg (329 KB, 1011x1000) Image search: [Google]
16 - 1.jpg
329 KB, 1011x1000
>>48128140
>something that apparently some people do as a HOBBY

A. Hobby deckers might largely be script-kiddies running cheapo Radio Shack decks or MCT Trainees

B. Costs for gear in the books are notably the black market costs for getting that gear CLEAN and unattached to your identity. Legit hobby deckers are likely not using scrubbed decks and will get hit by GOD the moment they put on a black hat.

C. Hobbies can be expensive. Tons of people own boats, often referred to as "a hole in the water that you pour money into."
>>
>>48128461
>Making excuses for laptops so expensive that you can retire on their price.
>>
>>48128478
>Implying characters starting with a 300,000¥ deck paid for it themselves

Nuyen priority does not represent "I had a lump sum of cash that I spent on all this gear."

It's more like "it fell off a truck," "I stole this when I burned my SIN and ditched the corp life," or "the Don wants the best for the people he employs and he was nice enough to let me keep it."

This applies for all high-end gear, not just decks.
>>
So, I got a question for you, /tg/, that I've been unable to find an answer to on the rest of teh internetz. I'm straying away from my normal gun nut street samurai build, trying to get more into magic and the like,and decided to start out by branching off the stuff I normally do by making a gun adept. Originally the concept was just a shameless ripoff of Tracer from Overwatch, but they've evolved more into a british Domino (You know, from X-men). Ended up giving them Gun Kata, theming them heavily around being able to kill everything with a barrage of semi-auto heavy pistol fire. However, here's the issue I'm coming across. Run and Gun makes a passing note of the fact that Gun Kata users have to make special modifications to their guns, and as a guy who loves individualistic, personalized weapons, I thought this was cool. Unfortunately, the very vague mention says nothing about how much these modifications cost or what effects they actually have on the crunch. Anyone know- A), how much Gun Kata modifications on a heavy pistol like an Colt Govt actually cost, and B), what actual crunch effect they have on melee/ranged accuracy and damage rolls and such?
>>
>>48128989

Melee Hardening is listed in Hard Targets, page 181.

Costs 500¥, and the mechanical benefit is you can justify your gun not breaking after you repeatedly use it as a club.
>>
>>48129110
Can I get melee hardening on... anything?
I've got a lot of things I want to be able to use as clubs.
Motorcycles.
Shoes.
Crossbows.
cyberdecks.
teammates.
>>
>>48129130

It's a weapon modification. Works for crossbows and would work for a cyberdeck with a weapon form factor.

As for teammates, look into Bone Lacing or Bone Density to make them an appropriate club.

For shoeclubs, look at the Plasteel Toe Boots. Hard Targets, page 179.
>>
>>48129110
Not seeing it in either the core book or, Run and Gun, are we on different editions? I probably should have clarified in the original post I'm running off 5th this game.

Thankee kindly, anon.
>>
>>48129203
not much for preserving that poor motorcycle though, eh?
>>
>>48128615
>Half a million nuyen fell off a truck.

>These things need to be scrubbed and cleaned thoroughly therefore the high price

>You just took it from work

>These things need to be scrubbed and cleaned thoroughly therefore the high price
>>
>>48129245
Steal a bunch of bikes, take a new one every run to use as a club, discard it after the run.
???
Profit
>>
>>48129233
Hard Targets is another 5th edition book.

>>48129245
You can stack more armor on it? Rules for that are in Rigger 5.0

>>48129318
>fall off a truck
(idiomatic, US, euphemistic) Of an item of merchandise, to come into a person's possession without having been paid for; to be acquired illegally.

As for the work deck, note the "burned your SIN." If you take a deck registered to an identity and effectively get that identity declared legally dead, tracking the owner of the deck is a dead end.
>>
>>48129320
if only I could make a character strong enough to use a car as a weapon.
they're SO MUCH MORE COMMON than motorcycles!
>>
>>48129419
Pick a fight with a biker gang, kill them all, take all their bikes. Possibly rope all your teammates into it without giving them a word of explanation until you show up at the next run using one of the ganger's bike like a baseball bat.
>>
>>48129413
bu-bu-bu- Butwhytho.
Anyway, thank you kindly for the info, i'll scrawl it in the margin of my Run & Gun near the gun kata section.
>>
>>48129499
I like the head on your shoulders.
>>
>>48129245
>>48129320
>>48129499

>See bigass troll riding a beat-up Dodge Scoot
>Some punk on the street points and laughs
>Troll pulls over
>Picks up the Scoot
>Swings it like a baseball bat, punk goes flying
>Troll puts the Scoot down
>Wipes the blood off with a handkerchief
>Frowns at the new dent
>Gets back on and putt-putts away.
>>
why would anyone ever play a game set after 2060

nothing worthwhile or interesting has happened
>>
>>48129577
I can't stop laughing at the image this has put in my head send help
>>
>>48129577
dang fragile bikes
>>
So I have money left over this month to do fun shit with, is the 5e rule book worth getting?
>>
>>48129413
Defining that it was obtained illegally doesn't change the fucking point here man.

If you were capable of getting a deck you were capable of retiring.
>>
>>48129413
>As for the work deck, note the "burned your SIN." If you take a deck registered to an identity and effectively get that identity declared legally dead, tracking the owner of the deck is a dead end.
Except that your work-deck is also utterly, totally and completely CRAWLING with corp data and tracking programs that would also need to be scrubbed. And even then, some of that shit would be hardcoded into it.
>>
>>48129802
And let's be clear here, if you could just scrub it, the price would be cheaper because you could just buy those supposedly cheap legal decks and scrub them.
>>
>>48127228
Device Rating x 2, I think. At least, that's how DR worked in 4e.
>>
>>48129798

But that's only true if you were capable of selling the deck at that price. By the core book, you're only capable of selling goods at about a quarter of their listed cost (Core, page 418).

None of the decks at or below Availability 12 are worth enough to retire at a Low lifestyle once you sell at that rate.
>>
What do you guys think Bellingham is like?
>>
Is there a generalized Difficulty to Threshold chart?
>>
File: 1466531614093.png (856 KB, 736x672) Image search: [Google]
1466531614093.png
856 KB, 736x672
>Consider putting the runners up to hijack a truck from a guarded convoy
>look up the chase rules, the rules for shooting people in cars, rules for ramming, rules for crashing, and Shooting through walls/barriers rules

I know why it's there but fuck you
>>
>>48131160
1 is easy
2 is "normal", or something you'd be expected to do on the job
4 is hard
>>
>>48131160
There should be one. What edition? If 4e its in the CRB p56 and p58 for extended tests
in 5e it's CRB p.45/48
>>
>>48131427
>>48131430

Found it. Thanks chummers.

Also forgot to check all the nifty rules summary things I have
>>
File: 1466493320328.jpg (98 KB, 627x796) Image search: [Google]
1466493320328.jpg
98 KB, 627x796
Has anyone codified a street-scum starting parameters for using modules? My group has come up with something, and I wanted to compare to what other people have done...
>>
>>48131578

(part 1)

“Teenagers on the streets”

• Start with 450 karma.
• No “further education” or “real life” modules.
• 74,000 nuyen max buy limit. (at standard 1 karma per 2,000 nuyen)
• 5,000 max nuyen in pocket at start
• Up to 13 karma can spent on good qualities, only 13 extra karma can be earned through bad qualities and converted to extra spendable karma (resulting in a total of 26 karma that can be spent on good qualities). Standard buy-off fees apply for bad qualities. Feel free to take bad qualities that exceed the 13 karma limit for flavor!
• May carry up to 7 karma from character creation into game.
• No limit on natural attribute score,
• A max of 4 for any skill rating
• 6 availability max for starting items
• 3 device rating max for starting items
• 1 item with the Forbidden restriction allowed (up to availability 12).
>>
>>48131578

(part 2)

“Adults on the streets”

• Start with 500 karma.
• May have “further education” module, must have at least one “real life” module.
• 74,000 nuyen max buy limit. (at standard 1 karma per 2,000 nuyen)
• 5,000 max nuyen in pocket at start
• Up to 13 karma can spent on good qualities, only 13 extra karma can be earned through bad qualities and converted to extra spendable karma (resulting in a total of 26 karma that can be spent on good qualities). Standard buy-off fees apply for bad qualities. Feel free to take bad qualities that exceed the 13 karma limit for flavor!
• May carry up to 7 karma from character creation into game.
• No limit on natural attribute score.
• A max of 4 for any skill rating, except a single skill can start at rating 5.
• 6 availability max for starting items
• 3 device rating max for starting items
• 2 items with the Forbidden restriction allowed (up to availability 12).

Thoughts? "Adults" start with a bit more karma, but with a required "life style" purchase, they actually start a bit behind on free-karma to spend. But they also can start one of their skills a bit higher and have had more time in life to acquire an extra forbidden item.
>>
>>48116737
>Sarariman n. (Jap) From “salaryman.” A corporate employee.
That's just how the japanese pronouce Salary man holy shit it's not a new word.
>>
>>48114470
It's the superior game in the Shadowrun v 2020 debate. Interlock is much easier to learn
>>
>>48131628

Fuck I meant "but with a required "real life" module purchase,"

Whatever, it still should be clear.
>>
>>48126319
Are you my GM? You should know that we won't have a team van. That would require our characters to cooperate and trust each other.
>>
>>48129597
I really don't get it. The setting is objectively better in the earlier timeline. Doesn't even matter what edition you're running (Well, don't use the 4e 2050 conversion, I guess. Just run straight 4e instead.)
>>
What's a good reason to have a main party with more than one decker in it?
>>
I'm a newbie GM who has run a game of 4e once for my group. We're between games at the moment, and I was considering running Shadowrun again.

Would it be worth upgrading to 5e? And are any of the 5e splats or expansions worth a damn? Also, would anyone be willing to suggest any adventures/campaigns etc for either edition?
>>
>>48133289
Your group is trying to hack the planet.
>>
I thought of a particular piece of tech that sounds somewhat realistic but would probably break shadowrun

"Quantum Datajack" - two pieces. You connect one part to your own personal datajack, and the other can be attached to hardwire only systems, and via quantum entanglement, use a system with no noise and bypass the matrix as if you were physically connected.

Any precedent for quantum tech in Shadowrun?
>>
>>48133289
multitasking, host hacking for multiple parts of the host, techno to help the main decker.
>>
>>48133511
You mean like how you can get one of those wireless earbuds for your cellphone so you can listen to your calls while driving? It sounds fucking stupid.
>>
>>48133289
Seriously? I usually have to bribe my players to even make half a decker. Lol good for you anon.
>>
>>48133679

That's still bluetooth with radio waves/signals. Standard wireless. Quantum entanglement is point to point, not a broadcast, and the distance is irrelevant.
>>
>>48134104
Well that depends, does anything else in the Shadowrun universe operate with quantum physics? Does that level of technology even exist yet in this universe?
>>
>>48131605
>>48131628
IDK, man, I do like the Street Scum rules in general, but that seem a little bit harsh. Also, the difference between the two is really small. Maybe change it to 500 / 600 Karma?
>>
>>48134249

That's kind of what I'm wondering. I've browsed a few books, and I've seen no mention of quantum anything. Maybe we should assume it's some sort of Lost Tech from before the first crash or something?

In any case it seems strange that after 60 years there would be no real progress on something like that.

If it doesn't, that helps lend itself to the run/runs/metaplot I was planning on doing anyway.
>>
>>48133511
If quantum entanglement-based communications were reliable the Matrix ruleset would be, firstly, entirely different than it is and secondly, even more fucked up.
>>
>>48134344
Ah, okay, I was assuming you had seen something in one of the books that would lead you to believe this sort of thing would exist.

Unless you're DMing I'd say it would be safe to assume this does not exist.
>>
>>48134344
And if you're looking for a feasible why for why no advancement has been made, you could look at it as the advent of magic completely disrupted the theory of quantum physics for whatever reason.
>>
File: cyrstal_by_kuldarleement.png (2 MB, 1280x655) Image search: [Google]
cyrstal_by_kuldarleement.png
2 MB, 1280x655
>>48134344
>after 60 years there would be no real progress

Shadowrun tech didn't advance at the rate you might expect due to worldwide catastrophes like VITAS.
>>
>>48134344
There's mention of Ares having developed what sounds for all intents like a quantum communication device in one of the 4e books, I think Conspiracy Theories. They plan on using it to communicate with Mars in real time from memory. But yea it sounds like a big deal so I'd say it's probably not widespread even by 2075. Technomancers can communicate with their sprites instantaneously as well I think, though my brain may have just made that up.
>>
>>48134344
I want to say that there's been a few hints as to some high-end decks using designer proteins in their make, so it's more likely that somebody made a big breakthrough in rudimentary bio-computing.

And assuming that it didn't have some of the early corruption issues, it could have taken off more quickly and eclipsed quantum computing outside certain specialized uses. Perhaps quantum tech is the basis of the Multidimensional Coprocessor.
>>
And now that I thought about it, I kinda want to steal a Jerry Cornelius idea and have some old breakthrough deck made that uses magnetism as the target of a run.
>>
How much are the different kind of BTL chips worth? My team just got a box of 'em.
>>
>>48127686
Fudge, the label must not be set to update properly. Once I get this custom drug thing off my plate I'll fix it up.
Metavariant karma or metatype? I know what's wrong with metavariant costs, I wasn't aware of any problems with metatypes.
>>
>>48126051
Wouldn't you need to clean your tools, regardless? AFB, so tell me if I'm just talking shit.
>>
>>48135911
The fifteen use tool cleaner in SG is pretty much for those that are willing/able to hunt for (mostly para)critters for reagents. But not all reagent gathering would involve the same (or even any) tools.

So like I said earlier, it's mostly for those that are going to be hunting living-ish things for reagents.
>>
Is anyone else pissed that they've been sinking so much time into a rules lite version of Shadowrun with anarchy?

Leave the crunchless systems for the fucking plebs amirite?
>>
>>48136128
anon we both know the shadowrun system is an absolute clusterfuck of dead ends and imbalance

it's our beloved clusterfuck, but it's still a clusterfuck
>>
Newfag here
Also poorfag
2 questions:
1. My group wants to play but we don't know which edition. we've boiled it down to 3rd and 5th which is better to try
2. Broke as fuck, any torrents even out there for the books, I can't find any that don't seem like nuclear viruses. Don't need a link but maybe a point in the right direction.
>>
>>48136162
I don't give a shit. I just don't like the idea of Shadowrun turning into one of those shit tier no rules bullshit systems. If I wanted to play a system with no rules, I'd just get my friends together to play imagination time without spending 45$ on a fucking book.
>>
>>48136184
There is a pastebin with all 5e material in the OP.
>>
>>48136184
avoid 3rd
if you're new, go with 5th

literally the op
>>
File: the_deal_by_saturnoarg-d3bd27m.jpg (154 KB, 1280x636) Image search: [Google]
the_deal_by_saturnoarg-d3bd27m.jpg
154 KB, 1280x636
>>48136184

There are supporters of both systems around here, but 5th has the most traction.

For your second question, check that pastebin link in the OP.
>>
>>48136184
3rd edition is mostly just 2nd edition plus bullshit, so I'd suggest running that and then moving over as you get better at the game. However, 5th edition is current, the internet knows how it works, the books are available in bookmarked PDFs instead of text scans, and it's arguably the more polished system. 5e is probably the practical choice.
>>
>>48136184
You can wait until they drop that bullshit no rules Anarchy version.
>>
>>48136378
>this mad

what's the no rules anarchy version anyways
>>
>>48136417
Near as I can tell, exaggeration of the billing for Shadowrun Anarchy.

Which hasn't come out yet, but is supposed to be a rules-lite (probably just comparatively) version of the SR5 rules.
>>
>>48136417
They're releasing a rules lite version sometime this year called Shadowrun anarchy.

I'm mad because people are going to pay $45 for a setting book. And they've been wasting time making this thing to pander to all the dip shits, while they could have been making additional 5E books, or just a better set of rules for 5E.
>>
>>48135833
Enough for scummy chipheads to afford.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 69

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.