[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Official MTG Snowstorm/Lore Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: New flake sheet 1 JOKE.jpg (4 MB, 1801x5825) Image search: [Google]
New flake sheet 1 JOKE.jpg
4 MB, 1801x5825
Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!

Previously: Everybody bothered Gaia at the beach, the implications of ascending to angelhood, being too lewd is bad and we should stop, spider mom is still fucking creepy, Innistrad's last hope is garbage.

Previous thread: >>48093083

Writefagging last time: Neg

REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will do nothing because I don't have access to it.

>Current Repository

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8
>>
File: New flake sheet part 2 JOKE.png (2 MB, 1801x1665) Image search: [Google]
New flake sheet part 2 JOKE.png
2 MB, 1801x1665
>>48108493
Remember to shout at me if I fucked up!
>>
>>48108529
Fair enough, the + basically reads "Discard a card to cast lightning helix" while the - is literally Angelic Purge. The ult is more of a 'Burn away the corruption' thing, I was definitely focusing on flavour here and not gameplay. If Madness was good she would probably see standard play but as it stands I doubt she'd be any better off than Arlinn Kord.
>>
File: 1467647025925.png (173 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
1467647025925.png
173 KB, 265x370
>>
>>48108616
Remind me, is Arlinn Kord good or not?
That's what I get for ignoring competitive play. At least I can sell mine though if it's worth it.
>>48108780
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE
>>
>>48108780
"Hey look it's a card that will make a planeswalker deck good in standard." -No one ever.
>>
>>48108789
She's not playable in standard, she's probably only useful in EDH, I've not even had issues dealing with her in limited.

>>48108780
Serena and Murdock go!
Serena and Venn?
Revas?

Serena has too many friends.
>>
>>48108789
And this is what I get for playing in the penal regiment.
>>48108811
And this is a card I wouldn't even play outside EDH superfriends anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 424x602) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 424x602
>>48107856
The new Liliana card isn't so bad. Fifth turn after playing her you essentially double +2 your zombie tokens.

That's actually pretty decent. Playable at the least. Her +1 is nice early bird control and her -2 is very nice for critter ramping. I'd say that it'd be very useful in a low mana curve creature deck. Maybe W/B tokens and weenies.
>>
>>48108780
This will actually be pretty damn good for a W/U control, maybe W/U/G control ramp deck. I could see it being a thing.
>>
File: Akroan Crusader.jpg (489 KB, 675x885) Image search: [Google]
Akroan Crusader.jpg
489 KB, 675x885
>I did not have permission from the Messenger's creator to write this story.

Brave soldiers of Akros, lend me your ears and give an old man the chance to share a few words of wisdom. Let me tell you of the Children of Purphoros and remember, this story is true.

I learned this tale from one of your own, a defender of this great city that I met barely a year ago. A good man, with a body and will both forged of iron. He did not serve in the phalanx but instead served as a scout, one of the many eyes of Akros watching over the wretched wastes of Phoberos. If it was not for vigilant souls such as he, how many hordes of minotaurs might have assaulted your walls without warning? How many dragons might have descended upon your home from above, unseen until it was too late? You do not need me to tell you that a single scout in the wilderness can be as valuable as a hundred hoplites at home.

Our story begins with one such foray into the badlands, through the winding canyons of desolate Phoberos. The leonin there showed no sign of straying too close to the city nor did the minotaurs dare to approach true civilization after their recent defeat. No, what drew his attention were a set of tracks that he found. Small and slender yet pressed deep into the dry and barren earth, as though the one that walked that path was carrying a great burden. No child could carry such a weight nor could any grown man or woman leave tracks so small. With his curiosity burning brightly, he set off on the path left before him.
>>
>>48108892
> bird control
* board control
Damn You Autocorrect!
>>
File: Theros Mountain.jpg (171 KB, 800x584) Image search: [Google]
Theros Mountain.jpg
171 KB, 800x584
>>48108953
Deeper the scout ventured into the empty wilderness, evading the marauding beastmen that lurked in that forsaken land and battling them when he could not. Between treacherous crags he crawled and down sheer cliffs he climbed. No foe or obstacle could keep him from the quarry that he sought and as the hours passed and Heliod's radiance sank towards the horizon, he began to close in. The tracks were fresher and more details became clear. The distance between each stride was identical and the weight of each footfall never changed. Whatever this creature was it was methodical, almost mechanical in its precision.

The shadows grew longer as the sky became a blaze of orange under the setting sun's light, with Nyx soon to reveal itself. The trail led between two mountains, each one blackened by the fire of dragons and the rage of Purphoros. Murmuring a prayer, the intrepid scout descended into the valley nestled between the two peaks. Light was hard to come by as the jagged outcroppings surrounded him and cut him off from the outside world, with barely a scrap of sky visible above him. He didn't need it. Instead, he allowed the sound of metal hammering against stone to lead him, letting the rhythm draw him deeper.

The pause between each strike was as long as the last, just as it was with the fall of his prize's feet. Yet it would take more than such alien precision to unnerve a man of Akros and he delved deeper, letting the song of clattering iron and rock grow louder as he went. At last a source of light revealed itself, a vague and unnatural red glow that lit up the wall of the canyon, with only one last corner to turn. Pressing himself against the dry and cracked stone, the soldier peered around to behold his quarry.
>>
>>48108892
>it takes 5 turns for her to be useful
>>
File: Myr Superion.jpg (130 KB, 1024x748) Image search: [Google]
Myr Superion.jpg
130 KB, 1024x748
>>48108973
There they were, a swarm of delicate, child-like things each forged of gleaming metal. Not a spot of flesh could be seen for they had none, instead possessing joints forged of iron and lit with rings of dull crimson light, as though they wore the eyes of Mogis on their bodies. Nothing about the actions of these little creatures spoke of the slaughter-god's rage however; they were far too precise in everything they did. They struck at the earth with bare hands, the shattering rock not leaving the slightest scratch on their fragile fingers and slender limbs. Clearly, they were far more durable than their innocent appearance entailed.

Their humanity ended above their shoulders however. Instead of a man's head, they possessed that of a bird with a sealed beak, featureless and smoothed to a mirror's finish. A glowing speck of red lay on each side of the head, with no way of telling where or what the strange creature was beholding. For every handful of them that was chiselling away at the canyon walls with their hands, there was another with a metal basket just as immaculately forged as they were, collecting the ore that they were gathering and carrying it away, deeper into the depths of their territory.

These were the ones that your brother in arms, the soldier of Akros chose to follow. Skulking about the broken borders with only mounds of shale for cover, he followed the glow of the carriers. New sounds begin to fill the air, an unending humming and a repetitive thud, much like the clicking footsteps of the children only heavier. He admitted to me that he was glad to have never seen the source of such heavy steps; no matter his skilled, he feared that he would have not survived an encounter with their Children's bigger brother. Instead, he focused on the humming as it grew louder, reverberating in his skull.
>>
File: Myr Reservoir.jpg (101 KB, 620x450) Image search: [Google]
Myr Reservoir.jpg
101 KB, 620x450
>>48108986
Smaller tunnels joined the one that he trod down and many times did he have to pause to avoid a new carrier that joined the path. Yet he was making progress, he was drawing deeper to the heart of the Children's den. The unearthly glow of their eyes and joints was being overpowered by a new light that came from deeper within, one those spoke of fire and heat, far more natural things these small, spindly creatures. The way they behaved and moved, they were closer to ants than people. If they carried any emotion, they showed no sign of it. They were not devoted to their work; it was as though in their minds, there was nothing but their labour.

At last, he came upon the core of their lair. A great churning furnace that lay in the heart of a grand chamber carved into the earth. As he crept along the exterior, he saw that the walls of that strange place were smooth and metallic, almost as though it was made in the same fashion as the Children's bodies. That colossal kiln at the middle of it all seemed like a simple pit of liquid fire to begin with yet the delicacy of its sides soon became apparent to him, a churning maze of pumps and pistons that would confuse even the most talented philosopher of Meletis. Nestled among the foreign machinery, were small holes, passages hewn into the great turbine.

From these orifices, the Children emerged from their fiery mother. A matter of minutes would pass between each 'birth' and each time, a new spindly, infantile figure emerged from a passage, its shining surface still hot from its forging. It was then that the scout saw that it was not simply ore that was being shovelled into this metal womb. Some of them carried the decrepit tools of farmers, while others brought in the shoddy tools of minotaur and leonin marauders. Yet his heart sank when he saw a hoplite's helmet among the many metals being fed to the machine. It was time for him to leave, for Akros to know of this threat.
>>
>>48108985
> control
>>
File: Iron Myr.jpg (104 KB, 620x451) Image search: [Google]
Iron Myr.jpg
104 KB, 620x451
>>48109004
That was when he saw one among the Children unlike all of the others. It was similar in stature yet it has lost its lustre. No longer did it shine; in fact, its sealed beak and many of its joints showed sign of rust and decay, dents lining its figure here and there. Yet rather than join its brothers and sisters in their service to the forge, it simply stood at the head of the great kiln and watched as a shepherd might look over their sheep. When he shared this with me, this soldier of Akros swore to me that he saw this rusted, ruined Child's head towards him.

So he ran, in a way that carried no cowardice. He was outnumbered by foes that he did not know, that he did not understand. He fought his way out of the winding complex of tunnels, away from the humming of the turbine and the march of the Children, certainly before the thudding steps of their larger siblings could catch up to him. And so he disappeared into Phoberos under the cover of night and not once did he stop on his return to Akros. He came with the dawn, exhausted and battered but with everything he had seen burned into his memory. And so he spoke of the strange, gleaming creatures in his report, and of the threat they posed.

He was mocked and punished, accused of having woven a fabulous tale. Perhaps he did, yet I chose to believe this soldier and the tale he told. I saw the look on his face as he spoke of them as the Children of Purphoros and I can think of no other origin for them. So pray to the forge-god, to the one that unleashed such wondrous workers. Pray that they might fight alongside you when the time for heroics is upon us, you soldiers of Akros. For should the wrath of Purphoros turn upon this great city, I fear that you shall find yourselves fighting a legion as endless as it is unfeeling.

But then, I am just an old man.
>>
Also, Happy 4th everyone! Love you all.
>>
>>48109022
This a story of the night DIOMEDES before his spark ignited?
>>
>>48109102
No.
>>
File: messenger smaller.png (18 KB, 248x233) Image search: [Google]
messenger smaller.png
18 KB, 248x233
>>48108953
>>48108953
>I did not have permission from the Messenger's creator to write this story.

Perhaps, but you made something great. Good job, I really liked it! Now its safe to say that the crazy phone has been on Theros too. Now to wonder how long he was there for and what made him leave.
>>
File: image.png (4 MB, 2114x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 MB, 2114x1600
Alright. Special July 4th flake. I hope peeps like it.
>>
>>48109375
>Niv-Mizzet is now aware of planeswalkers
we're all fucked.
>>
>>48109467
Vronak has doomed us all.
>>
>>48109375
We have no proof whether Niv-Mizzet is aware of planeswalkers. Though, given that he's hyper-intelligent and at some point knew Azor I in the days of oldwalkers, it's remotely possible.

We do have proof that Niv himself of course isn't a planeswalker, as we've had design say that though he can vanish from the mental link of those that are blessed with the Firemind, he doesn't actually leave the plane when this happens. This leads to a lot of questions regarding where he goes that allows him such privacy.
>>
>>48109627
Though let me back up and say that Azor I may not have technically been a planeswalker either.

However, Ral Zarek has been supposedly good at keeping the secret from Niv-Mizzet, and so would Jace likely be.
>>
>>48109627
>>48109653
p sure there was a UR article where Ral'Zarek and Jayce were interacting and they both told each other to be careful because Niv didn't know about planeswalkers and the existence of them would fuck up EVERYTHING for all 'walkers on Ravnica.

Then Gideon 'walked in like a fucking MORON, showing up in front of the Boros guildgate
>>
>>48109375
Tl;dr. In 5 sentences, not exceeding
80 words total, tell me what happens.
>>
>>48109740
he's a stupid kid who likes dragons.
I didn't even read that, it's just what he looks like.
>>
>>48109776
That's about what I got too.
>>
File: image.png (439 KB, 598x369) Image search: [Google]
image.png
439 KB, 598x369
>>48109467
Niv Mizzet has been aware of Planeswalkers. It's even theorized that he is secretly one himself.

>>48109627
Just because his Firemind abilities don't planeswalk when he uses them, doesn't mean that he isn't a Planeswalker. It'd probably only be revealed in a big story arch.

>>48109653
>>48109668
Niv Mizzet is more intelligent than we could possibly image. More-so than double the capacity that anyone else of Ravnica could ever be. And considering there are so many damn Planeswalkers, there is no way he doesn't know about them. He's old as fuck. Come on now.
>>
>>48109812
>Niv Mizzet has been aware of Planeswalkers
source that immediately, considering a good handful of uncharted realms were dedicated to keeping it a secret. Prove your statements with evidence, for we only have recent evidence that suggests otherwise.
>>
>>48109668
It's Project Lightning Bug, and it is the gayest UR in the history of ever.
>>
>>48109740
Kid's father dies and has to find a cure for his ill mother. Is told by priest that the cure is a herb that grows in Dragons nest. Kid climbs mountain, gets scared, and falls off the side only to planeswalk. Arrives on Ravnica, meets Niv, gets told how to approach dragons. Kid goes back home, gets cure from mountain, save his mother, and now learns from dragons as a proxy for his deceased father.

Good enough friendo?
>>
>>48109812
Brady Dommermuth, who was the Creative Director at the time, confirmed that Niv-Mizzet doesn't leave the plane.
>>
>>48109812
>The idea of Niv-Mizzet learning the truth made the muscles in Ral's neck tense, and touched a dark, sore place in his youth. Ral had learned to hide his Planeswalker side under painful circumstances, and he did not want to relive that.

>Besides, he knew the range of horrid things Niv-Mizzet would do in possession of that truth. Would he eagerly dissect all the Planeswalkers he could find in the spirit of curiosity, or simply eat them all to assert dominance and quell his existential jealousy? Would he track the comings and goings of every Planeswalker, and ruin all the work Ral had done to scrape his way through the ranks and achieve a position of respect among the Izzet?

Ral Zarek certainly doesn't believe Niv is aware of planeswalkers, and makes several good points.
>>
>>48109849
Good enough. But I'd prefer you didn't use Niv-mizzle. Have him walk to a non-canon plane to learn from a non-canon dragon. We've gotten too liberal with using canon material.
>>
>>48109668
You mean this one?
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/project-lightning-bug-2015-05-27
Good thing they foiled the whole thing, then.
>>
>>48109849
This can still be re-written in such a way that does not imply Niv learns about planeswalkers. The kid could have approached him, and niv, being too smart and too uncaring for the plights of children but entertained one would be so brave to approach him could give offhand advice about the subject before shooing the kid out, leading to the same information being attained by the planswalker without disrupting canon as it is most commonly understood. Still, provide links and quotes to support why you think it's true niv knows about planeswalkers, you hold a minority opinion in this situation and should prove to us our incorrect opinions with sources to your statements.
>>
>>48109837
Over fifteen thousand years old. Come on. Come on now. And on top of this, Jace linked his mind to Niv's mind. How in hell would he not learn instantaneously about Planeswalkers, and that's if he isn't a Planeswalker himself.
>>
>>48109892
>Niv dissects pw to figure out how they work
Oh fuck. If he finds some glistening oil then get ready for Yawgmoth 2.0: dragon edition.
>>
>>48109968
>Jace linked his mind to Niv's.
Yeah, he did. You know what he would have found out then? Whether Niv knew about planeswalkers. It's also possible Niv knew about them pre-Mending, but isn't aware of them post, because for a while Ravnica was totally cut off from the rest of the Multiverse.
>>
>>48109968
because
>The creative director confirmed that Niv isn't a planeswalker,
and
>Jayce is a mind-mage, arguably the best in the multiverse. It's feasible that he decides what people do or don't see in his mind.
>>
>>48109863
He confirmed that his ability doesn't make him leave the plane. That doesn't mean he isn't a Planeswalker. Though, I am fully acknowledging that this is only a popular spectation. Not that I even believe that Niv is a Planeswalker. But, it is literally impossible that the most intelligent being, who is an over 15,000 year old dragon wouldn't know what Planeswalkers were. It's like trying to keep candy. Secret from a child. If they simply live long enough, they'll most certainly learn about it.
>>
>>48110009
He's not the best in the universe. He is very talented, and it is likely he could control it to an extent, especially given the way the passage in question is written, but it's worth noting that Jace DOES have certain dragon-related issues (he loses to Bolas, and he loses HARD.)
>>
>>48109968
>>48110009
More particularly, Jace fucking BAILED from reading Niv's mind as soon as he realized that Niv became aware that Jace was trying to read him, in order to prevent him from doing the same back.
>>
>>48110013
Okay, except that Ral Zarek, an Izzet mage who lives on the plane of Ravnica, and knows about planeswalkers and all about Niv-Mizzet, including his age, thinks he doesn't know about planeswalkers. I feel he has a better situational awareness than you do, hm?
>>
>>48109968
>>48110013
Wild guessing because of age and probability is not good enough.
Link sources, or quote stories, or halt arguing. You need sources, man, Magic creative is not as smart as to play with those kind of implications on average, so show you have source that suggests otherwise.

Stop dodging around having to justify your opinion with work if you want to make good argument. We're here to learn lore make flakes better and have a good time, show us lore and prove yours can't be made better so that we can stop having this bad time.
>>
>>48109913
>>48109954
Alright, should I negate the meeting Niv altogether or should I simply change the information that Niv gives him as pertaining strictly to about approaching dragons?
>>
>>48110013
Hello Niv. How's having the biggest ego on the plane going for you?
>>
>>48110009
On the note about Jace once being one of the most powerful mindmages, isn't it hilarious that all of the Gatewatch 5 (barring Lili atm) feel far weaker then they used to? Y'know, cause plot and Avenger reasons?
>>
>>48110062
Interacting with canon characters is pretty poor form, esé. Leave it out as much as possible when flake-writing.
>>
>>48110062
you can keep niv, I'd say, but def negate any info on planeswalkers/walking.
He was just approached by a brave kid, which is rare, and thus mildly interesting, so he'd entertain answering questions about how to approach something that has been functionally extinct save for a few instances. Appeal to Niv's sense of boredom with the narrative.
>>
>>48110081
Again, Jace isn't one of the most powerful mindmage. It's specifically noted at one point that , while talented, what's really rare about him is having mind magic and being a planeswalker. He is definitely powerful, but not necessarily one of "the most powerful".
>>
>>48110087
He hasn't conformed to that in the past, he won't start now.
>>
>>48110062
Why go to Niv at all? He's literally the only remaining sapient dragon on Ravnica. Tarkir would be a much better plane to send someone with a dragon-heavy narrative.
>>
>>48110062
I'd swap it so that he meets a different dragon on another plane, maybe post-Sarkhan Tarkir and he stumbles upon a dying member of Dromoka's brood, who teaches him about durguns and such? I would always always ALWAYS stay away from canon main creatures and characters.

>>48110081
yeah, the do feel a lot weaker don't they? Gideon feels ABOUT as strong as he used to, sans the fact that he never displays his boardwiping abilities
>>
>>48110087
The problem I have with having him learn about dragons is, literally no one can do it who isn't an intelligent dragon or Sarkhan. So, it's kind of a moot point in not interacting with a canon character on the subject.

>>48110098
And this seems like significantly better writing material.
>>
>>48110147
There are zillions of intelligent dragons on Tarkir, though? Why does it have to be Niv?
>>
>>48110118
True that it's more dragon populated, but that would put he boy in a lot more danger that I'd have to discuss. And then on top of that, what dragons on Tarkir wouldn't simply ignore or even kill the boy?
>>
>>48110147
Then maybe the character's a wash if you literally can't make it feasible without interacting with canon characters. Consider putting it aside.
>>
>>48110147
You ever met Dominarian Viashino?
Or just shamans that revere dragons, anywhere?
Or most of Tarkir?
>>
>>48110175
I doubt any of the Ojutai would just randomly murder the kid on sight. Same with Dromoka. They may not be very nice--in fact they're not--but they don't just slaughter people willy-nilly either, not without the kid presenting some kind of threat.
>>
>>48110176
The point isn't hat I can't. The point is that it will take up vastly more space to discuss. I'm not going to just type "he appeared on Tarkir and then he simply walked up to so-and-so brood without knowing where they were and without being attacked by literally everything, then asked them a question, got an answer, and poofed away.

I'm taking ideas. But, literally the best writing appeal suggested is of Niv's boredom and amusing himself with the boy's insignificant quandary. Now, if some of you have better suggestions on Tarkir, toss them out. I'll happily try and work with it. But, it needs to be something I can actually work with and somewhat short for it to fit in the bios.
>>
>>48109375
Pffft. You call that a special July 4th flake?

Well. That settles it. I'm gonna make an WUR flake today. The question is now, do I take it seriously, or do I crack an egg?
>>
>>48110175
Dromoka, and Ojutai those are the most likely to listen to a non dragon that hasn't proven themselves. Maybe a Silumgar dragon if he burys it in enough treasure and I'm pretty sure there's a whole shard of Alara that worships dragons.
>>
>>48110195
Still, what you are saying is that I'd have to write around the fact that they wouldn't divulge a thing to the boy. Which is one of the points I made.
>>
>>48110256
yes
both
>>
>>48110269
then have him ask one of the humans under Dromoka's command. Based super-heavily around helping people in their community, and their entire lives are spent serving the dragons. How would they know this kid isn't one of them? Maybe he's just stupid? The humans of Dromoka's brood would help him. Done. Kid falls off a mountain, poofs to Tarkir because he's thinking of dragons, gets help from the humans of Tarkir, travels home and saves his mom.
>>
>>48110256
Either. I thought about a WUR flake, but I like the idea of a bright-eyed little scamp that fight for his future, his family, and in the process becomes independent himself.
>>
>>48110251
I feel like you're not being very creative here. Kid wants to learn about dragons? Okay, off the top of my head:
>runs into bored Silumgar dragon who's plotting against Silumgar and finds it amusing to give the kid information such that he might later have a pawn to use
> runs into Atarkan dragon, feeds it, dragon happily talks to him in exchange for food
>runs into Ojutai dragon, dragon feels sorry for this creature who knows absolutely nothing, answers its questions and teaches it the rudiments of wisdom
> runs into Dromoka dragon, which feels overprotective of this child with no one to protect it, even if it is a lowly human, so answers its questions to allow it to protect itself better, tries to get it to join the clan
Even running into Ugin or Bolas makes more sense than Niv, though I'd urge against that from the interacting with canonical characters standpoint.
>>
>>48110292
I can work with this. I do prefer the interaction with a dragon themselves for the information. It seems to build more upon him growing from his initial fear of dragons when he first saw them. But, I can work with this.
>>
>>48110327
>>48110292
See, both of these are something I can work with. Much appreciated, friendos.
>>
>>48110251
I'm still for having him pw to a non-canon plane and learning those facts from a non-canon dragon. Then you can manipulate the narrative any way you want. Why does it have to be a canon plane?
>>
>>48110477
I'm not big on creating planes just to make writing easier. It seems a little much of a cop-out when wanting to work with an established universe. I like structure and having to actually play out a role. It makes creativity more challenging this way rather than being free to say "it's this way because I made it up and say so".
>>
>>48110614
It just seems boring to me that we have this vast nigh infinite multiverse, yet we only ever fuck around about 20 planes. Worldbuilding is my crack.
>>
>>48110685
Gaia, if you build a plane (that can be accessed by everyone else) I'll make some planeswalkers for it/write a story based on it.
>>
>>48110685
I have a custom plane running around somewhere, if you want to play around with worldbuilding, though right now it's mostly in the form of a bunch of custom cards and a single short story.
>>
>>48110725
Same here, I wouldn't mind doing some writing for a flake plane, I've done it before.

Nishal anon, how soft is Nishal? Like, fur wise? Are hugs good? Their pic makes them look super soft.
>>
>>48110779
There's a flake plane sheet somewhere, isn't there? Does anyone know where?
>>
File: IMPERIALFLAKE.png (1 MB, 1560x1186) Image search: [Google]
IMPERIALFLAKE.png
1 MB, 1560x1186
It's not like America has a monopoly on red white and blue.

Besides, someone needs to represent the other side.
>>
>>48110779
you ever feel an outside cat? He prefers when his fur feels like that, but Iosha makes him condition it so it feels like a posh maine coon. I'd say it's like, a centimetre thick? None of that is accounting for the fact that as a Mirrodin Leonin, he's got metal bits. I imagine his are pretty minimal, relegated mostly to elbows knees and shoulders, but they're still there.
>>
File: Mtg_Snowflake_Plane_Template.png (84 KB, 1118x849) Image search: [Google]
Mtg_Snowflake_Plane_Template.png
84 KB, 1118x849
>>48110794
>>
>>48110725
In between now and my last post, I actually detailed Nuo (Spider mom's home plane). I'll type something more comprehensive for it when I've got a computer, but basically the entire plane sits inside a massive d8 (I don't remember the name of that shape.) Beyond the d8 is nothing, and stepping beyond results in you becoming nothing. The main landmass encompasses the interrior wall of the d8. At the center of this structure floats a massive sphere. Half of the sphere gives off light, and half of it is dark. The sphere rotates to give the horizontal axis of the plane light and day, yet the rest of the world is cast in various degrees of perpetual twilight. The sphere itself is actually Nuo's afterlife. Worthy souls inhabit the light side, and are eventually reincarnated on the fertile horizontal axis. The unworthy souls go to the dark hemisphere, and are eventually reincarnated as shades and wraiths in the twilight realms.

What do you think?

>>48110735
I'll take a loom sometime.
>>
>>48110797
Flawless.
>>
>>48110797
Well. Someone already cracked an egg, so I guess I'll do mine seriously.
>>
File: image.png (4 MB, 2114x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4 MB, 2114x1600
Alright, tell me if this is better and what people think of the character in general.
>>
>>48110797
10/10 would bend my knee to.
>>
>>48111138
Don't.
We need more jokes.
>>
>>48110725
Psst. I just found an old document on my phone detailing a planet and race I made for a sci-fi setting a few years ago. Should I post it and let it be adapted to a magic plane?
>>
>>48111356
sure thing brev, that would be awesome! I really dislike that MtG refuses to do anything even remotely scifi, but then they release the woof woof beep boop.
>>
>>48108780
As a Standard player, all I can say is, STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP NO NO NO NO NO.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_mmpytsN0o91qz4rgp.jpg (115 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_mmpytsN0o91qz4rgp.jpg
115 KB, 435x435
>>48111397
Ok. Keep in mind, this doc has more grammar mistakes than I like to admit. And it mainly details the cosmology of the planet and some of the physiology/reproductive cycle of the native inhabitants. I have a lot loooot more detailed about the world, including myths, cultures, local fauna/flora, technology, aesthetics, and landmass. But all of those details are in my head or in sketches.

...hold on. The file won't attach. Gimme a minute.
>>
>>48111510
>standard player
You deserve everything you get.
>>
>>48111609
I play the only thing I know how in Standard if forced to: Monowhite Angels
>>
>>48111687
You mean red/white/colorless angels
>>
>>48111397
Ok. I couldn't get the file to upload, but here's the paste. I appologize ahead of time for the shit.

http://pastebin.com/0qtUHu1z
>>
>>48111397
>>48111903
Btw, I realized after I made this planet that it is kind of a sci-fi Mirrodin. Welp.
>>
>>48111846
That hurts, Anon.
>>
>>48111926
Soon, you can even put Emeria Herself in your deck! The biggest, strongest angel ever, worshipped as a god!
>>
File: SOI.jpg (158 KB, 758x1037) Image search: [Google]
SOI.jpg
158 KB, 758x1037
>>48111985
pls.
>>
>>48112007
Don't you like badass dual wielding angel-dieties?
>>
>>48112036
Yes, that's why I liked Gisela.
>>
>>48112036
I love the art for Shrine of the Forsaken Gods, the way they incorporated visual aspects of the titans into humanoid figures. It's really, really cool. I especially like Cosi's stupid hat.
>>
>>48112108
And Emeria, is so much more. I think you would like the Goddess of the Winds, if only you would...accept her into your heart.
>>48112163
The hat is not stupid damnit.
>>
>>48112313
stahp, she killed like all the things I love.
>>
>>48112108
You can get Gisela and if you get Bruna too, you get a new special angel.
>>
>>48112363
It is what they desired. Perhaps you could join them, be with them again? Why lose what you love, when you can be with them forever?
I've heard it's very nice.
>>
File: image.png (308 KB, 288x470) Image search: [Google]
image.png
308 KB, 288x470
>>48111148
Well, damn. I wash my cars and come back to absolutely no replies. I'll just sit here then.
>>
>>48111148
>>48112456
I have little opinion on "Dragons are awesome!" walker #378.
>>
>>48112391
>>48112427
Bruselrena?
>>
>>48112456
it's a lot better now, I figured that us all giving the advice and you saying "alright I'll do that" would have been enough. but yeah, good job.
>>
>>48112617
Don't you want to be together, forever? To never be alone, to never worry about being sad or lonely ever again?
>>
>>48112823
Yeah, that sound great
>>
>>48112823
Yes. Be with Gisela forever. Be one with her.
>>
>>48112712
The only reason I was pushing was to get some better ideas out of people. I didn't really get into the Tarkir story arc and don't know a whole lot about it.
>>
>>48112712
psst. Are those two settings too shitty to do anything with?
>>
>>48112861
Then all you need to do
Is to accept Her into your heart.
>>
>>48112897
shit spiderma, mb. I was looking at /fit and forgot to do any writing. Doc suggested I start doing muscle stretches/yoga(does that shit even work?) and I've lost a lot of muscle since I left my labour job.

The spiderma dimension was fucking cool as shit, but I'd need to have a broader writeup about it to do more with it. The second one was very mirrodin-y, and I'm ngl I was thinking about doing a thing where Nishal and Iosha go there in the ship and Nishal starts crying because it's so much like home but it's NOT home, god damn it.
>>
So, uh...

Can Will's time travel escapades cause a flake Mending? An event that we can use to retcon out aspects of our characters we don't like and/or let us sac entire characters to end it? Like, say if we don't want a character anymore, we can dramatically sacrifice them?
>>
>>48113041
Sure, why not. Plus it can drastically cut down on the flakes that aren't actually here or outright lore rape like a certain few I can think of...
>>
>>48113076
My thoughts exactly.

So writefriendos, start tossing out ideas for how this goes down.
>>
>>48113041
>>48113076

honestly? no.

doing that would probably lead to a bunch of anons saying "yeah that's my flake, remove it" even when it's not. which is super bm.

you don't like a flake? ignore it.
>>
>>48113076
This is treading a fine line.
We once grew proud without the Plaguelord and now we seek to repeat our folly.
>>
>>48113123
...damnit I was in the middle of saying exactly this, though there's also the concern of people who've dropped out who might want to come back later.
If we want to do something about lorebreaking flakes, we should do it like the old flakesheet did - separate them out and put them in a different section and note WHY they're lorebreaking, so that the flake's maker can change it if they desire. Quite a few got fixed up that way with minor edits, it was only the ones that got dumped in and the anons left immediately after that were never fixed.
>>
>>48113205
We'd be okay with that.
>>
>>48113205
This is one of the more reasonable things that I've heard.
>>
>>48113205
That will lead to bitching from you know who, but I support that.
>>
>>48113123
>>48113205
Oh no, sorry, I didn't mean writing out other people's flakes. I meant writing out our own. I feel like it would be a cool dramatic way to bring a bunch of flakes together and do an overarching story with them, one that results in death and rebirth.
>>
File: Avtandilflake.png (748 KB, 1118x849) Image search: [Google]
Avtandilflake.png
748 KB, 1118x849
This is very much the cliffnotes version of this plane, but here we go. Feel free to use if desired--I'm writing a story in it right now, but I've no issue with people writing other stories there or anything.
>>
>>48113381
Wofflefog! You're back!
>>
File: Diomedes.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Diomedes.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
>>48113415
I, DIOMEDES, shall fight this plane!

The entire plane!
>>
>>48113475
We do not believe you would succeed at such a task.
>>
>>48113041
What's this? A way for me to retcon Gaia originating from a custom plane and not Middle Earth without feeling like a total backpedaler? HNNNNNNGGG
>>
>>48113205
this I can accept. that or just post the pictures of all the inactive (haven't been used in 4+ threads) flakes and see who's interested in what, and maybe what should be changed. then make an updated sheet for that to go into the repo along with the old one.

that allows people to take old flakes and see them for the first time/change them so they're more useable

also, see my initial problem with "it's my flake and I want to get rid of it" and why it doesn't work on a faceless imageboard
>>
File: DioNeverLoses.png (103 KB, 500x445) Image search: [Google]
DioNeverLoses.png
103 KB, 500x445
>>48113512
I, DIOMEDES, laugh at your insolence! Challenge accepted!
>>
>>48113415
I like it.

but I'm not gonna lie, it shares a bunch of design themes with Gaia's Realm, such as the ancient dreaming being, the 5 aspects, and the dreamscape nature of the plane.
>>
>>48113579
I honestly haven't read much on Gaia's realm, sorry. I've been working on Avtandil for over a year. I guess it is a pretty common trope, though.
>>
>>48113618
if Spidermomma redoes Gaia's story to move further away from middle earth you can totes use that plane without any overlap [/spolier]

alternatively, Gaia meets the Heart of this plane and they bond over having both been world cores
>>
>>48113647
Oh man, that would be so cute, though. Giant world-moms bonding.
>>
>>48113618
No worries. Dreamscape realms are wicked cool and a ton of fun to mess with. Can I really fault you for having good taste?

>>48113003
Yey.

Like I said, I'll do a more detailed writeup of Nuo in the near future. And I'll modify Rylor a bit so it fits in with mtg. I'll also post my concept art for it.
>>
Damn it Gaia, Serena, Murdock. I want your opinions on little Gage.
>>
>>48113647
This seems like a great idea. We approve.
>>
>>48113689
Also, anyone else who would like to toss in their tid-bits.
>>
>>48113689
We think Gage is okay. Dragons are not something we are a fan of.
>>
>>48113647
>redoes gaia's story to move away from Middle Earth
the change woul only affect her birthplane tho, not her created plane.
>>48113656
We should totally do that, tho.
>>
>>48113744
It's really not supposed to be about the dragons, it's about a child ascending as a Planeswalker and fighting every inch of the way just to keep his mother alive and to keep holding onto what little of his life he has left.
>>
>>48113935
We will be honest. We did not read it. The tiny font hurt our eyes.
>>
>>48113979
You... I'll rip all three of you apart from eachother. Then resurrect all three of you. And make your corpses perform the Purple Wedding for my amusement.

Also, here... Is this any better?
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1833x3072) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1833x3072
>>48114114
>>48113979
Forgot pic.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 700x990) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 700x990
>>48114130
And full pic of the squirt.
>>
>>48114130
It seems passable, we don't not know enough about Tarkir to judge it properly. We think it would be interesting to see what he think of our glorious Innistrad under Her sublime influence.
>>
>>48114184
Don't make him cry. He's only a little boy. Spooky Moon is too scareh for his innocent mind.
>>
>>48114216
We are not scary, we are perfect. We are one. Does he not wish to have a true family?
>>
>>48114184
>>48114235
Why are you posting like a fucking retard? For a epic attention whoring joke?
>>
>>48114304
Anon, if you don't like it, just don't interact with them. There's no point getting your panties in a twist over other people's fun.
>>
>>48114304
We are merely having fun. This amuses us, we can stop if you really want though.
>>
>>48114304
Come on anon, it is just a EM joke.
>>
>>48114317
Post more about your orgasms. That gives you more attention. Or make another joke about mana batteries.
>>48114316
>>48114330
Nice armor you got there, all white and shiny.
>>
>>48114304
>>48114372
Speaking of attention whoring!
>>
>>48114372
We see you are upset, we are sorry.
>>
>>48114390
>attentionwhoring
Coming from a namefag who does nothing but thirsty smut.
>>48114393
Come on, you can use this too I'm sure. People will defend you from the evil anon. Your victory is practically secured.
>>
>>48114372
Is it the moment of calling people out for jsut not wanting conflict to happen? LEt's get into a bit on an in depth analysis shall we.
At the actual moment, three anons are (probably) female. This obviously gives us three kinds of people:
>some people can't keep their dicks in their pants and have to defend said allegedly female anons just to feel like getting closer to pussy
>some people antagonize the female(?) anons, acting like they are being whores, becasue they probably have deep issues with females, or feel like they are ignored
>Some people just want to have fun with this fucking thread, and see no fucking reason to indulge the idiocy of the first two types that wander around looking for conflict!
So please post content, or do not post at all.
>>48114390
AH-HA!
>>
>>48114427
It is sad that you think we care about such things.
>>
>>48114393
Don't be sorry. He's just upset that his mom is pushing him to get a job.
>>
>>48114431
I like how the female anons possibly cant do anything wrong by your examples. I wonder which one of those examples describes you the best.
>>48114437
Good job building your image then.
>>
>>48114469
I was not talking about them dude because they don't bother me much. I give little fucks about who am I talking to if not for the flakes he or she did. It bothers me when people are being anthagonistic for no reason.
>>
>Time for more silly Ludevic/Geralf

There is a dank stench in the air, and the oil lamp is flickering dimly. Geralf watches Ludevic bend over a three-limbed zombie on a slab. He’s smudged with corpse-dirt and lamp fuel, and judging from the dark smears of shadow beneath his eyes, he’s been awake for three days straight, trying to get this project to work. Geralf’s heart does a strange movement in his chest, and he wonders if he should chance taking a look at it. Perhaps later.

For now, something propels words out of his throat and without conscious thought, he blurts, “Marry me?”

The lamplight shifts on Ludevic’s face as he looks up, and Geralf cringes, because that must be the most foolish thing he’s said in some time. Ludevic is patient with his occasional outbursts of mad cackling, but this–this is too much, he is sure. Too inappropriate. Too strange and offbeat and peculiar. This is the time that their collaborations will simply cease.

“Would Tuesday work?” Ludevic says in his soft, precise voice. “I would say Monday, but I am afraid that it is already–hm–” he peers downward at a small notebook at his elbow, “–occupied with a number of experiments that would be difficult to reschedule.”

Geralf coughs wildly. “Y-You mean you will?”

Ludevic blinks and then smiles. “I thought that was a given,” he says lightly. “We should probably not invite your sister, though. I don’t trust her pets to behave.”
>>
>>48114499
I feel like the joke has run it's course anyway.
>>
>>48109022
T'was dope man, thanks for the effort.
>>
>>48114586
It really was.
>>48114545
Your bits are super weird to me but I can't say that I hate them.
>>
>>48114630
Weird how, if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>48113458
I was never gone anon, I was on your heart the whole time
>>
>>48114643
I think its just canon characters being gay. Unless they actually are that and I just completely missed that part of the actual canon.
>>
File: MEDAL.png (139 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
MEDAL.png
139 KB, 223x311
>>48109022
>>48109004
>>48108986
>>48108973
>>48108953
Shit people. Given this man a medal. Great read, thank you anon!
>>
File: 1361836122207.jpg (50 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1361836122207.jpg
50 KB, 512x384
>>48114674
>tfw we are finally getting cool Messenger fics
>>
>>48114672
Ah, that's fair. We've had some canon gay characters, but Ludevic and Geralf aren't confirmed gay, no. They have had some ridiculously cute flavor texts though.
>Ludevic's laboratory is a veritable wonderland. I have never felt so inspired.
>"Your recent work is an inspiration. I have the utmost respect for your approach, and your craft is impeccable. At your convenience, I would be honored to collaborate on a project."—Ludevic, letter to Geralf
>>
>>48114715
Honestly, nothing wrong with your interpetation. Its refreshing to see something like this after the shitshow that is the new Innistrad.
>>
>>48114706
>IT HAS BEGUN intensifies
>>
>>48114738
I'm working on a slightly longer piece that's just focused on Geralf's backstory. Might post that when it's found an ending. Glad you're enjoying!
>>
>>48113647
Not sure if you'd be interested, but I went ahead and changed Gaia's birthplane to its own unique thing. It's a place called Eöl.

Shit, that's 3 flake planes I've worked on today. I'm on a roll.
>>
>>48114816
We thought you were on holiday still, why are you still doing flake stuff?
>>
>>48114829
Because I'm on my way back, and it's a long drive.
>>
File: lupineprototype[1].jpg (53 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
lupineprototype[1].jpg
53 KB, 265x370
>>48114715
You can't forget the best of Geralf's fanboyism.
>>
I always got the impression Ludevic was super-old while the twins were teenagers. Was that just me?
>>
>>48114816
so we've got Eol, Nuo, and Rylor. I'm loving this already, I've got ideas for Nuo and Rylor that I'll try to get down later. going swimming in a bit, should hopefully help with my back
>>
>>48114931
Ludevic is definitely older enough than Geralf that he was an adult when Geralf was still "playing the harpsichord for the adults", but canonically the age gap could really be anywhere from ten years to a hundred, we don't know.
>>
>>48114715
I'll post the letters from the article 'Games,' just for our amusement.

>Ludevic of Ulm,

>I hope this letter reaches you safely—skaabs make better bodyguards than couriers, after all. I believe the last time we saw each other was years ago at one of my parents' parties. I have so many boring memories of being forced to joylessly play the harpsichord for the adults while my awful sister sang to impress the guests. How many dinners did I spend wishing I were seated with the greatest mages of our time rather than atop a creaky child-size music bench! You always held such high renown in my mother's social circle, and your talents and notoriety made you the teacher I always craved as a child. That was many years ago, and I have grown into a well-admired and popular stitcher in the years since!

>I am now quite famous, and you have no doubt heard of my brave and mostly successful invasion of Thraben. I was able to evade capture thanks to my quick thinking and small stature, and have returned to my laboratory in what is left of Trostad. Upon my return, I have begun a new endeavor to expand my knowledge and skill. As a practitioner of the art of alchemy, I was hoping you would be able to provide some much-needed insight as I delve deeper into the art of necromantic fabrication than anyone has before.

>Would it trouble you to pass along any alchemical texts you believe would help further my studies? I am in need of a mentor, and I cannot think of anyone who would be better suited to assist me for the sake of invention and innovation. What is your preferred method of avoiding decay or further necrosis once a body has been revived? Would the addition of a second liver assist with toxin control in the metabolic system? What is your preferred method of animation via elemental transmutation? How familiar are you with Delia Davison's methods for brain extractions on living patients? I'm giddy with anticipation of your response!
>>
>>48115020
>Geralf,

>I've returned your skaab along with a number of alchemic texts. I believe you should find the answers you are looking for within.

>If you are amenable, I am more than happy to take you under my proverbial wing. Your mother was a talented necromancer, and she clearly raised a brilliant heir. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future. Any son of Gretchen Cecani is a son of mine.

>Your family has always been so playful in their love of the dark arts. Let us enjoy our brilliance and embark on the greatest game of all!

>—Ludevic
>>
>>48114995
This flakeplane talk and the story from earlier gives me some horrible thoughts.

>eventually Messenger becomes so good at raiding planes that it just makes its own plane from a gigantic myr pile and starts to smash it on other planes while screaming about its mission
>>
>>48115020

>Mostly successful

ONE. MATCH.

And yet, it'll probably work on Emrakul.
>>
>>48115039
>Ludevic,

>Thank you for your response, I look forward to poring through the annotated text you sent over.

>But please, let us not be flippant when talking about our craft.

>I am absolutely sick of games.

>—Geralf

Sadly, that's all the interaction we get between the two, although the banter between Gisa and Geralf is just as nice.
>>
>>48115055
Yeah, Gisa, Geralf, and Ludevic are some of my favorite things about Innistrad.
>>
File: myr_tokens_by_kayfedewa-d4uf28c.jpg (139 KB, 1296x728) Image search: [Google]
myr_tokens_by_kayfedewa-d4uf28c.jpg
139 KB, 1296x728
>>48115043
Thats bit too much, even if funny.
>>
>>48115078
Inb4 they all die too.
>>
>>48115043
Putting 100 +1/+1 counters ona myr battlesphere won't make it a plane. It will make it terrifying though.
And there's murdock's plane...and me being too lazy to get my act together...
>>
>>48115043
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMH49ieL4es
>>
>>48115112
...How about 110 counters?
>>
>>48115096
Ugh, I know, I'm very concerned, especially since we're watching Gisa and Geralf try to fend off eldrazi in their latest card which I really, really must own
>>
>>48115043

No, no, the Eldrazi leave corpses, right?

So Messenger zergs Emrakul to death, hollows out its remains, and then crashes the anthill from hell into planes with no survivors.
>>
>>48115112
>>48115127
>Katamyri Damacy
>>
>>48115154
I'll be there for you, friend. I already know that pain very well.
>>
>>48115165
Thank you, friend.
>>
>>48113647
>>48114816
And here is a quick writeup of Eöl. Appologies for any typos. Still on phone.

Eöl was born of the Father, who was beyond the world and was not of it, but loved it. In the beginning, there was the Twist; a place of ethereal essence. Here, all was one, all was uniform. There was no distinction of any kind, no physical laws, no defining features; just the Twist and the Twist alone.

The Father, in his might and wisdom, saw fit to divide the Twist. From it, he created Law and Chaos. Through Chaos, the Father shaped the elements. And through Law, he ordered those elements, giving them substance, behaviors, and predefined interractions. With the elements, he at last created matter. He used matter to shape the world as he saw fit, giving it mountains and crags, brooks and streams, peaks and valleys. He gave it all manner of diverse forms functions. And in the end, he saw it was beautiful.

Yet, the world was still missing that which so many other planes possessed: Life. The Father used matter and the elements in tandem to form the first lifeforms. They were small and humble at first, yet grew in size and complexity as the eons passed. However, though these creatures were good and many, they still lacked something to make them unique in the Father's eyes. Perplexed and distraught, the Father returned to the Twist to ponder. It was in that infinite realm that he at last divined what would make his creation truly alive. And so the Father wove from the Twist one last time to create a third force, one just as powerful and important to Eöl as Law and Chaos: the Soul.

He infused Soul into every aspect of his creation, using song and deft hands. He wove it into every rock and tree; into every cloud and bird; into every river and stream and ocean and cave. All received the gift of Soul. And with that final gift, Eöl became truly alive, truly unique.

>cont
>>
>>48115154
>when you are the best stitcher of Inninstrad and she is the best necromancer
>and you justfight eldrazi with a ptichfork and a shovel
The amount of fucks given by those two is dangerously low.
>>
>>48115426
Satisfied with his creation, the Father formed a great hall for himself within the Twist, a place from which he could watch his world grow and guide it in times of doubt. In time, Eöl would give rise to its own races; the Lords of Song, the races of the Eldar, the races of Men, and all that lay between.

>fin

Welp, that's what I have so far. Thoughts? Suggestions?
>>
>>48115429
Do these look like the faces of people who give a fuck?
>>
>>48115502
>Gisa: "Amazing! This Emrakul sure can twist flesh!"
>Geralf: "Hmph. I could do better."
>>
>>48115502
She's like "ZAP MOTHERFUCKER" and he is like "gisa that's a shovel"
>>
>>48115499
A quick note on the Lords of Song. The Lords are somewhat of an elemental race. They are semi-physical immortal beings who use song and dance to manipulate the world around them. And this unique magic of theirs is one of the most powerful forms of magic on Eöl.
>>
>>48115731
This little tidbit is, I think, my favorite thing you've added thus far.
>>
>>48115156

>The thing did not so much sail out of the sky as flop, tumbling awkwardly through the air and landing with a splat that would have been comical if not for its awe-inspiring size.
>Most people scattered at the sight of its fall, but Kikiki watched the strange fleshy mass land with mild interest as he sat on a stump nearby.
>With its general shape and coloring, that mix of bland grey and worrying purple, it put him in mind of a mushroom, Kikiki decided.
>Not one of the good sorts, the kind that made you think your arms flew away and took three weeks off your life.
>Kikiki watched the strange thing for a while, cocking his head curiously as little silvery beaked heads began poking out of its porous, lattice-like flesh.
>"Well, that's something you don't see every day," the aging lizard remarked vaguely to himself, as the strange mushroom's inhabitants began to pour out of it, much like ants. Kikiki paid them little mind, even as one of the shining creatures skittered by, regarding him briefly with beady little eyes before hurrying on past him.
>It wasn't until the screaming began elsewhere that Kikiki began to wonder if he should do something about that mushroom.
>>
>>48115764
Thank you. I'm sti piecing everything together, and I may tweak the creation myth a bit. But I really like the idea of the Lords. I'm also debating making the races of Men giants, or at least giants in their early years. And making the Elves/Eldar fey-like creatures who live in giant forests.
>>
>>48115586
Nah, Gisa's probably thinking "These are going to be REALLY COOL when I make ghouls out of them!"
Geralf's spot on though. Maybe a dash of "Only amateurs go for snakes-for-faces."
>>
File: Americia.png (3 MB, 2114x1600) Image search: [Google]
Americia.png
3 MB, 2114x1600
All right, everyone, to help us all celebrate the wonders of Freedom Day, I've got a patriotic new flake and a completely non-lewd story, although it is a bit naughty in parts.

http://pastebin.com/4WdbQcwp (Rated PG-13 for extreme patriotism)
>>
>>48116319
This day always depresses me because one of my best friends is a native american. So I mostly hear about this day from the side who doesnt take it so well.
>>
>Longer Geralf fic incoming, no shipping, only backstory.

http://pastebin.com/yhBv4taC
>>
File: ANGERFISH.png (63 KB, 247x280) Image search: [Google]
ANGERFISH.png
63 KB, 247x280
>>48116319
FREEDOM YOU SAY?
>>
>>48110797
Just found the perfect themesong for him.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E_w1yoAb2k
>>
>>48116553
what is this, Griffith's musical feelings of Guts?
>>
File: kaya.png (2 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
kaya.png
2 MB, 1562x1186
So uh. It is a flake. But not a particularly good one in any sense. Although it is scutes everywhere.
>>
>>48117103
>graveyard matters
Ha
>>
File: Forging through the aether.jpg (664 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
Forging through the aether.jpg
664 KB, 1000x1333
>>48115764
>>48113647

OK! I'm back from vacation and ready to post. On the way back I did a writeup for Eӧl (Gaia's new birthplane to replace her heretical Tolkien origins), one that further explains its races, their roles, and their origins. It's still a WIP, so there isn't much that's been done in the way of proofreading. But please let me know if you have suggestions or if anything sounds off to you. Ok, here it is.

____
And in the early days of time, it was the job of the Lords of Song to bring about changes within the fabric of Eӧl, to prevent the world from growing stagnant with decay. In direct response to the Lords’ works, the Eldar were tasked with ordering and balancing that which the Lords altered, to keep the world from falling into perpetual entropy. For the Eldar, though small in stature when compared to their sibling race, were master craftsmen and wise beyond their years. Their civilization spanned every corner of Eӧl and intermingled with the domain of their spiritual brethren. Where the Lords were few and powerful, the Eldar were many and wise. Together, these two immortal races strove to make Eӧl better, to build upon that which their Father wove from the Twist. And for a time, their designs worked, and the world was balanced.

Until, that is, a Lord of Song overreached his limits. This Lord was named Machaeus, and he was the greatest of his kind. So ambitious were his designs, so beautiful his melodies, that vast tracts of reality gave way to his magics. By his hand, many wondrous and lasting changes took form in Eӧl. But Machaeus was not satisfied, and grew increasingly ambitious. Not content to merely change the fabric of the land, he dared to do that which no other Lord had done: to alter the nature of life itself.

>cont
>>
>>48117103
Oh goodie. We needed more smut flakes for the threads.
>>
File: GR5.jpg (134 KB, 298x1000) Image search: [Google]
GR5.jpg
134 KB, 298x1000
>>48117145
At first he tested his ballads on the lesser creatures of the world, but found that their nature was too basic to alter in any lasting way. So then he turned to the Eldar, stealing a great number of them from their homes in secret to test his craft on their physical forms. Yet still, he found no success. For the Soul of the Eldar was based in Law and permanency, balance and order. To change their nature was beyond even the great Machaeus. And so, desperate and frustrated, Machaeus committed the greatest act of heresy his kind had ever known and will ever yet know: he tested his methods on the Lords themselves. Time and obsession had made him deranged. None of his kin were unaware of this fact. Yet no one expected him to do what he did: he made his lover, the trusting Lordess Nyreloth, the first to feel his changes. And with this great act of heresy and betrayal, Machaeus at last found success. Where the nature of an Eldar’s soul was Law and balance, the nature of a Lord’s Soul was Chaos and alteration. So Nyreloth took well to Machaeus’s mad poetry. The nature of her life and essence was altered according to his designs. And from this change, her life took on a new shape, one the creation had not yet seen. Nyreloth ceased to be a Lord then and there. Her mist-like form, speckled with starlight and the morning dew, solidified and became one of flesh. Her sweet cooing songs became cries of agony, as she knew physical pain for the first time. In this, the greatest change to ever occur on Eӧl, Nyreloth became the first mortal, the first of the race of Men. And in time, Machaeus would force others to join her number.

>cont
>>
>>48117103
I like it a lot! And not just for the art!
>>
File: Realm of Dreams Avatar.jpg (163 KB, 1600x817) Image search: [Google]
Realm of Dreams Avatar.jpg
163 KB, 1600x817
>>48117172
Nyreloth’s cries could be heard throughout the land. And with her pain, the other denizens of Eӧl at last knew the extent of Machaeus’s madness. Yet even then, some Lords agreed with his philosophies, seeing them as the ultimate form of change. And thus the Lords became divided, and a great war ensued. The Eldar, in their wisdom, chose to remain separate from the conflict for a time. Instead, they focused on containing the Lords’ devastating battles and violent cacophonies. But eventually the wisest and greatest among them, the sage Nwalmё, at last saw that the Eldar could no longer remain neutral. The world was being torn asunder in ways that that his people could not mend. So Nwalmё raised a great host of his kin, the greatest army Eӧl had ever seen, and marched on Machaeus’s stronghold in the far west. With the coming of the Eldar, the war at last turned against Machaeus. In the end, through centuries of battle, Nwalmё at last sealed Machaeus’s essence in an enchanted sphere, an artifact of Nwalmё’s own making. For the sphere was the most orderly of shapes, and had no weaknesses which Machaeus could exploit.

>cont
>>
>>48117157
... it is not supposed to be smutty though.
>>
>>48117145
How the flying fuck do you type on a phone like that, I can barely IM on mine without wanting to smash it and use a keyboard.
>>
File: Strange dreams.jpg (144 KB, 600x805) Image search: [Google]
Strange dreams.jpg
144 KB, 600x805
>>48117189
With Machaeus defeated and locked away, the Lords whom had rallied to his cause scattered to the winds, afraid to face retribution from their kin and kith. With no force to oppose them, the combined host of Eldar and loyal Lords descended into Machaeus’s abandoned fortress; a winding realm of maddening shapes and ever-changing pathways. And it was within the depths of this dungeon that they discovered the long-lost Nyreloth and those like her: the first Men. Nwalmё took pity on these creatures, shivering and ravaged from their physical forms, forms that were a direct contradiction to their entropic natures. He freed them from their prison, and (with the permission of the good Lords) guided them back to the east. There, he taught them how to compensate for their physical forms, and how to make their existence more bearable. And while through his teachings and gentle hand the first Men gained a sense of self-worth, they could never truly compensate for their opposing nature. Thus it was that after a period of time, the dual natures of the races of Men would overwhelm each other as they aged and grew, at last resulting in inevitable death. And this is ultimately how Mortality entered Eӧl.

>fin for now

And that's what I have so far. Thoughts? Please?

Any questions?
>>
>>48117194
Just like Serena "isnt supposed to be".
>>48117181
There we go.
>>
>>48117227
... it is going to surprise you, but half the human beings have in fact tits. I happen to be wanting to draw them sometimes. There is nothing of sexual in this crazy scientist lady, i just drew this thing and thought, cool, could be a flake pic.
Just how damn anal some people can be.
>>
>>48117264
Not really about them having tits or you wanting to draw them. More about the current nature of these threads.
>>
>>48117275
Then you are just picking a fight for no reason. Just stop being a pain, dude, I am here only to discuss fictional mtg characters and for the odd chance of having someone commission me a drawing, and my personal stuff I keep it for private chats. Get lost already.
>>
>>48117199
I had my laptop with me for the ride back, I just didn't have internet access with it.
>>
>>48117398
Oooohhh, okay.
>>
>>48117424
So uh...Was it ok?
>>
>>48117213
Really good! I love these mythical, lofty backstories.
>>
>>48117608
maximum joy achieved
>>
>>48117646
Now in exchange you have to tell me what you thought of my Freedom Day flake.
>>
>>48117545
I really liked it! I am going to pass out now though.
>>
>>48117783
She's funny as hell. Still, I wouldn't mind a few more political jokes snuck in at America's expense.
>>
File: Wystan Lehrer.png (1 MB, 1562x1186) Image search: [Google]
Wystan Lehrer.png
1 MB, 1562x1186
>>48110256
A good handful of hours later, here it is folks.

Happy 4th of July.
>>
File: image.jpg (416 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
416 KB, 1920x1200
>>48115429
>>48115502
More than likely they have no Zombies to use as probably every corpse on the entire plane is currently being used by Liliana. She probably even took control of all of Geralf's creations as well.
>>
>>48118636
I hope you're wrong. I'm really hoping for a mythic super-construct that represents the pinnacle of Geralf and Ludevic's collaborations. I'm not content with just Geralf's Masterpiece.
>>
>>48118636
The old hag looks extra haglike there holy shit
>>
>>48118636

You know, considering that the two "lesser" titans took literally everything Zendikar could throw at them, up to and including the plane itself getting up and sprouting arms to punch them with without slowing down until the infinite-mana fireball took them out, it's going to be super-disappointing if all it takes to stop Emrakul is zerg rushing it with the least threatening monster on Innistrad.

I mean, fuck, Thalia beat a huge zombie horde, including Grimgrin, with a lit match and straw.
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if Ludevic alone did what phyrexia couldn't do twice over and invented an artificial spark for the exclusive purpose of finding more interesting monsters to make monsterier.
>>
>>48118366
I like it, anon. The flake holds the spirit of independence. Well done.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 720x405
>>48118652
Well, this could still be a card or even multiple zombie horrors. It could be that lore wise, these abominations are still being controlled by Liliana.

>>48118695
Yep. I like it though. Has a nice flavor to her ancient incantations.

>>48118765
Did you see the pic of what happens to Emrakul in the (apparent) fat pack book? She's going to be sealed away by Nissa into the Spooky Moon. Though, I could see it, lore wise, that Emrakul needs to be weakened first and gets overran by a planeful horde of zombies.

>>48118801
I would love to see something really fantastic card-wise for Ludevic. But, we might not see it until
> Return to Innistrad 2: Electric Woofaloo.
>>
File: IMPORTANT.png (127 KB, 1229x1024) Image search: [Google]
IMPORTANT.png
127 KB, 1229x1024
REPO UPDATE

With the exception of stuff from this thread, the repo should be up-to-date now.

PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ALL OF YOUR STUFF IS THERE.

There were a lot of new threads, so I may have missed something.
>>
>>48118926

So Emrakul was literally on zendikar for a couple of hours in-story, and yet somehow Innistrad got more fucked in those couple hours (and a bit of spillover from her proximity a few days earlier) than Zendikar did after Emrakul was on the plane for quite some time.

What the FUCK, story department?
>>
>>48118950
There are two sheets under Chiyo. Shouldn't the updated one be the only one in there?

Also, what do you think of Gage, Gaia-chan?
>>
>>48119071
Zendikar is significantly larger than Innistrad though.

Also, I think that her being imprisoned in the Spooky Moon might be a fantastic idea. Just for the fact that her being inide it might cause an unexpected affect the Silver Moon has on the plane. And might seriously mess up some of the inhabitants with new mutations or new affects concerning the Silver Moon's affect on Werewolves, Vampires, and Spirits. We could get another really great spooky set in the future from this.
>>
>>48119104

We can't really compare the sizes of Zendikar and Innistrad that well, and planar size doesn't really account for the fact Emrakul was on Zendikar for weeks without so much as an errant tentacle while she was floating around, and now she shows up on Innistrad and the entire plane is INSTANTLY her bitch? This is garbage pacing, and the thing that's infuriating me most is that they're doing exactly what I didn't want them to do and throwing all of Innistrad's existing tribes under the bus for more fucking Eldrazi.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.