[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/ Pet Peeves
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
Post things that annoy you about any aspect of traditional games.

Pic very related. Painters that think they're 'professionals' because they've discovered an airbrush. Who then proceed to try and sell it for quadruple the price of the miniature, just because of a shitty paint-job.

Is it just me that thinks these style of paint jobs look horrible?
>>
If they continue to make money then someone out there disagrees with you.

If most of them make money that lots of people out there disagree with you.

They wouldn't do if if no one was buying.
>>
File: 1435279862098435.png (280 KB, 1159x493) Image search: [Google]
1435279862098435.png
280 KB, 1159x493
Example: the Age of Sigmar starter set costs £75

This guy is trying to sell it painted for £950

Would you buy it?
>>
>>48092973
It looks better than anything you could do junior.
>>
File: dnJBOxM.jpg (61 KB, 685x474) Image search: [Google]
dnJBOxM.jpg
61 KB, 685x474
>>48092973
>>
>>48092973
Only the green glow and the red is done with airbrush, the rest is done using regular hand work, which is 70% of the model.

Stop being so butthurt.
>>
It's pretty bad. You can't use one tool for everything.
>>
>>48093078
These kind of commissions are not usually for a single person, but most probably for a group of players or a gaming store.
>>
>>48092973
This guy would look so much better without that green.

OSL is my pet peeve. Its never done properly
>>
>>48092973
I think that OSL is a bit too extreme.

That kind of OSL should only go on bigger light sources like flaming swords or lanterns.
>>
When you constantly have to remind your teammates to do basic things.

After over 4 years of playing the same game together

Case in point: WW2 strategic game. One guy in my group always forgets to move out ships to protect his convoys at the start of the turn. Every. Single. Time.
>>
>>48092973
Blatant cheating.

Like the dude rolls his dice, picks them up, rolls again, and then rolls them a third time.

>What was the third time for?
>oh, uh, 20 wounds
>You're telling me not one dice failed?
>>
Is that for 40k or fantasy? If fantasy, why does he have a power fist?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.