[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beyond the Gates of Antares
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: GoA-product-mock-up-sm-600x563.jpg (127 KB, 600x563) Image search: [Google]
GoA-product-mock-up-sm-600x563.jpg
127 KB, 600x563
So does anyone give a shit about this game? or is it just another generic(tm) brand sci fi with its only claim to fame being that it has an old 40k writer making the rules?
>>
This is the first I've heard of it. Art direction looks more up my alley than 40k, that's for sure. Still a little on the busy side though, especially those...I can't even tell what the guys on the right are supposed to be, actually.
>>
>>48091151
See >>48014813
>>
>>48091151
> is it just another generic(tm) brand sci fi with its only claim to fame being that it has an old 40k writer making the rules
That is pretty much it. The command dice rules are cool, but nothing helps it stand out. Infinity is at least visually distinct, and Warpath has reasonably priced made in the UK hard plastic for everything. I feel like Rick Priestly should put more attention to the presentation.
>>
>>48091151
Competing directly with 40k was a bad idea.
>>
>>48091170
>I can't even tell what the guys on the right are supposed to be, actually.

crab robutts piloted by space gremlins
>>
>>48091531
Oh hey, with a better look those are pretty damned neat. Color me interested in this business. Well, if I wasn't utterly broke, anyway.
>>
My understanding is this plays extremely similarly to Bolt Action.
>>
>>48091151
The second one.
>>
>>48091615
I wish the gremlins themselves were plastic, only the crab bots are. so its expensive to have a horde of them. Its like $30 for 8 or something right now.
>>
>>48091151
>>48017675
>Game has been pretty much dead on arrival due to a combination of factors that lead to a lot of apathy towards it.

Any details about said factors?
>>
>>48093683
I know a big one was the initial plan changing. The game was oiginally going to be more player oriented with the story, but that kinda fizzled and they had to recoup from it.
>>
>>48093683
Failed crowdfunding project, minuscule marketing on launch, competition from similar games by the same company that already got the targeted playerbase, and the game itself is plagued by having a name that is far too damn long and unmemorable (it does matter, especially for marketing) with a setting that has no clear hook and fluff presented as if you already know what is going on coupled with a generally unimpressive visual style that doesn't seem to be particularly attractive to most people.

Wargaming mediocrity; thy name is Beyond the Gates of Antares
>>
this seems like an early version of 40k which I loved but I can't find any real wiki or rules for this game. I might pick it up over 40k as I want to play with large amounts of models when I want a break from Infinity.
>>
>>48095739
There's some rules videos hiding on Warlord's Youtube channel.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.