[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bringing back Sindri Myr?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Sindri_Myr.jpg (39 KB, 450x590) Image search: [Google]
Sindri_Myr.jpg
39 KB, 450x590
A major favorite of Dawn of War and /tg/. I feel that Sindri Myr deserves a return. Though it is implied that the Daemon of the Maledictum consumed him as a 'sacrifice'; the Daemon of the Maledictum was destroyed along side Kyras in Retribution and i see a chance to bring Sindri back as his soul could be released allowing to come back similar to Eliphas but since the Blood Ravens defeated him, Sindri would be consumed by revenge to destroy the Blood Ravens for Dawn of War 3.

I also feel that considering the link between Lord Bale and Sindri Myr, this is a opportunity to explore the backstory behind this pair and their major difference between Alpha Legion stealth and the Alpha Legion in Dawn of War 1 that supports daemons and uses large armies and vehicle support.

My backstory for the pair would be during the Horus Heresy, either during the battle of Yarant (Alpha Legion victory) or the Battle of the Alaxxes Nebula (Alpha Legion defeat) in which Alpha Legion fought against Space Wolves. After the battle which was costly and bloody and had Bale and Sindri as two of the remaining commanders (both of their names are Norse making them fight Space Wolves symbolic and Bale's snarl and fur cloak on his armour could be from a Space Wolf), Alpharius orders the two to take command of an Alpha Legion force and continue the fight against the Space Wolves by any means (this is the start of the conflict between Bale and Sindri due to conflicting strategies with overwhelming strength of Bale against Sindri's stealth and use of Chaos powers like daemons).

Continuing the conflict, Bale and Sindri fight Space Wolves and Thousand Sons to keep the conflict going and to weaken both sides. After the Horus Heresy; Sindri discovers the Maledictum on Tarturus as well as knowing the Blood Ravens as Loyalist Thousand Sons, sees a chance to gain favour in the Alpha Legion, increase his own power and of course, to get rid of Lord Bale. Obviously, he succeeds with only one of the wishes.
>>
>>48090186

Sindri is only famous because of the meme. Nobody cares otherwise.
>>
>>48090460
I doubt Sindri is only famous because of the meme, his voice, his actions and his competent nature compared to other Chaos leaders was awesome. It is why Eliphas was returned as the fans loved him as a character.
>>
>>48090548
He returned, but he was a total bitch to Araghast
>>
>>48092516
What? When did this happen or is this just a parody video?
>>
>>48092516
That was Eliphas.
>>
>>48090186
If Sindri's spirit got released, would many others not get released as well? (or they could be destroyed for being unworthy).
>>
>>48092701
Sindri's soul was consumed in the ritual to release Maledictus. By using the power of the Maledictim, Sindri unwittingly marked himself as the final sacrifice.
>>
>>48092744
That's a crap way to kill him off. A ironic death but would prefer something more epic.
>>
he was a shitty generic le moustache twirling sorcerer from a time when 30k as a big franchise didnt exist so alpha legion were just generic daemon evil MOMS GONNA FREAK marines but stealthy

let these characters go
>>
>>48093075
It isn't. The great manipulator was in fact being manipulated. Very ironic, especially when his favourite saying is "All power requires sacrifice".
>>
>>48093200
I guess that is the price with interatcing with Chaos but maybe a Horus Heresy short story could be set up with Bale and Sindri similar to Eliphas.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.