[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EDH/Commander general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34
File: M4tOvGK.jpg (255 KB, 743x1025) Image search: [Google]
M4tOvGK.jpg
255 KB, 743x1025
AMERICA edition

Old: >>48060160

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface
http://www.magiccards.info
>>
magiccards.info hasn't updated in forever. What's up?
>>
Building Alesha, any spicy stuff Edh rec doesn't know about?

Any thoughts on how fun it is to play it?
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 223x310
Should I build Arcum Dagsson artifact toolbox, or Daretti stax? I can only build one. I will be playing primarily multiplayer.
>>
>>48078769
Agreed, voltron isn't particularly god strategy, nor is it interesting
>>48079498
Moat is probably the most expensive.
Best stax decks use Mangara, Hokori or most of all, Nahiri. Last one is the most efficient in my experience.
Some staples include Swords of X & Y, Jitte, Aven Mindcensor, Linvala, Lodestone Golem, Land Tax, Butterskull, Extraplanar Lens, Gauntlet of Power, and Humility, to name a few. I know that a lot of them are artifacts, but they're so goddamn good that every deck that lacks in one department can usually fix the issue with them more or less.
>>
So I'm building a Ghave deck that's trying to avoid going infinite. Synergies that I can elect not to abuse are okay (like Cathars' Crusade), but I don't want the Ghave + Altar + One of five other pieces infinite engine there (or if I have it there, it's an emergency panic button, not the primary win con)

I'm thinking Fungus/Saproling heavy, using all of the reasonably-okay Thallids/Fungus creatures and Saproling stuff, as well as general token-enabling things like Doubling Season, Crusade, Intangible Virtue, etc.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how terrible of an idea is this? I don't need it to be the best deck at the table, I'd just like it to have a fighting chance.
>>
>>48082229
Well, Ghave is a card that goes infinite with pretty much every card ever printed, so people mighy gang up on you, hard to say. Around here, everyone that has a Ghave deck runs it as basic tokens deck, I seem to be the only one that has just infinite combofest.
Tokens work pretty well, but for efficacy, don't just stick every mushroom and vegetable in there, as there's only couple good funghi, like Utopia Mycon and the Thallid that draws cards.
Ghave's an awesome card, and nice commander, but he has the stigma. I totally would love to play against that kind of deck.
>>
>>48082341
I'm not worried about the gang-up, actually; I HAD a Ghave deck for a while (started with the precon) and it just kinda got unfocused into "general token nonsense" that didn't gel well, and I gutted it a while ago. The stigma (locally, at least) is a non-issue, I just want to avoid the combo-tastic because I don't enjoy it.
>>
>>48082036
I don't know your playgroup, but I imagine you would have more fun playing Arcum. I think Arcum would give you more options for building other decks and making adjustments to your list.
>>
>>48082036
arcum is so boring imo
>>
>>48082036
not that it's relevant but toolbox kruphix is some good shit.
>>
>>48082481
List?
>>
File: 5WIZ2XJr6W.jpg (333 KB, 750x450) Image search: [Google]
5WIZ2XJr6W.jpg
333 KB, 750x450
I'd like to create an Eldrazi tribal. Which color possess the best colored eldrazi?
>>
>>48082808

Blue and green, but you'll want to wait until after Eldritch moon to see what they drop.
>>
>>48082481
>toolbox kruphix
soo momir vig?
>>
File: 181.jpg (68 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
181.jpg
68 KB, 312x445
>>48082808
Every thread until someone does it.
Why the fuck do people like Eldrazi Tribal for EDH, Eldrazi have no relevant tribal effects
>>
>>48082919

I just like them? I like the art and they have interesting effects.
>>
>>48082185
Oh fuck I actually have a fair amount of those, except Linvala. Which is out of my price range, is there anything that can replace it for like $25?
>Butterskull
I'm calling it that from now on
>>
File: 169.jpg (72 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
169.jpg
72 KB, 312x445
>>48082940
That's fine, do a casual deck where you can run 5-color without having to use any of the 5-color commanders that just don't fit it.
>>
>>48082376

you have to actively try not to combo with ghave

it means not running cards that are obviously just good, like ashnod's and phyrexian altar are both just good with tokens, as is earthcraft, and doubling season is obviously perfect for a +1/+1 counters/tokens deck, why wouldnt you want them? but then you have an infinite combo

best to just build it with some combos and choose not to combo, skip some of the more janky combo pieces that people put in for redundancy like juniper order ranger, only put in cards thare are strong outside of combo situation like doubling season
>>
>>48082962
Well, Linvala is not completely necessary, although she's probably the best option. Cursed Totem does the same thing, but it hits you too, so as long as you play creatures with little to no activated abilities, cursed totem is probably better.
I favor the Totem though, as it's cheaper in both eurodollars and mana cost, and I prefer my stax to be not as creature heavy. My only stax that uses white is Hanna, so you get it why I don't play it there.
>>
>>48082808
Karona 5-color
>>
>>48083138
I never knew what the appeal of Karona was. Could you elighten me?
>>
>>48083144
There's no appeal, besides that it's the most fitting 5-colour commander for the eldrazi.
Then again, Progenitus would be the most fitting, super mana worm wiggling away from the mana hungry dangler fish eldrazi.
>>
>>48083136
Nah I'd probably pack it with efficient beaters as a finisher. 2/2s with evasion and shit
>>
What are the best cards I can put in my Narset to combat my stax-heavy meta?
>>
>>48083207
Oh, and Elspeth, Sun's Champion is a must too. Knight Errant too maybe, but in this case new one is the best. My friend had a Nahiri, where his main wincon was Moat + Humility + Elspeth ult.
Clunky, I know.
>>
File: athreos.jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
athreos.jpg
29 KB, 223x310
Who's the most fun God to play?
>>
>>48083434
Smokestack, Land Equilibrium, Overburden.
>wanting advice on Narset
>>
>>48083456
Xenagod or Keranos
>>
>>48083456
*And why?
>>
>>48083456
Ephara is good if you like flashing Hatebears. Fresh grip all the time. Common wins include a giant X-Spell like White Suns.
>>
>>48083456
Keranos, because playing Land Destruction tribal is fun.
>>
>>48083589
Wow l just realized it happens each upkeep instead of just your own. Turns out l cant fucking read. l always thought she was one of the more meh gods.

lve got a casual standard UW humans deck that abuses etb effects, and that would defs be fun to bring into edh.
>>
>>48082986
I'm 100% okay with "choosing not to combo". I just personally don't enjoy winning that way, so I only use them as an emergency button for shit like "the movie starts in 20 minutes and nobody will scoop".
>>
>>48083452
I have both. I've been thinking about building Hokori for a while, I just worry about my group getting super butthurt about hardcore stax. It'd probably teach them a lesson about interaction, which most decks are sorely lacking. One guy won off a Void Winnower once, simply because no one could remove i and I got hated out
>>
File: Ghave.png (40 KB, 544x776) Image search: [Google]
Ghave.png
40 KB, 544x776
>>48082986
So, here's what I have so far. Please feel free to comment, or suggest new shit.

Again, I know this deck is nowhere near optimized, and I'm okay with that- I'm mostly just building this for grins.
>>
>>48083456
Pharika
>>
>>48084212
FYI if it isn't on Tappedout, you won't get any input.
>>
>>48084367
DESU I don't really want to share this abomination with my tappedout name at the moment.
>>
I want to build Mono-Red Control. I'm torn between Diaochan and Kazuul. I want to build Kazuul, and I have a list, but I feel like it needs a lot of work to be a good control deck. Any anons mind giving me some feedback of what to add and what to cut?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kazuul-test/
>>
>>48084578
I was considering it.
>>
>>48084213
Found the sadist.
>>
>>48084212
Since you're playing a tribal deck:
>Descendant's Path
>Alpha Status
>Chameleon Colossus (best fungus ever)
>Cover of Darkness
>Patriarch's Bidding
>Harsh Mercy
>Tribal Unity

>>48084473
Get Jokulhaups out of the sideboard, get a Nevinyyrals Disk, get an Impending Disaster
>>
>>48084679

Honestly Pharika isn't the worst choice, indestructible commander, constellation triggers, death touch blockers

There's definitely better choices but I wouldn't call it sadism to play pharika
>>
>>48084212

This is mine, if you want inspiration

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mushroom-madness-1/
>>
I want to make a bant 'good guys' deck full of knights, paladins, and soldiers.

What's some secret tech?
>>
>>48084707
>All those boardwipes.
Is it necessary to have three?
>>
>>48085104
>three
Not enough.
>>
>>48084679

I'm tired of posting my list.

>>48084734

Someone gets it. I also enjoy replacing graveyard shit with snakes. Sure, I don't get the snake, but I am a generous God.
>>
>>48084212
Mirror Entity is pretty great if you're going wide. Also a fungus and a saproling. Very underrated card.
>>
File: afa.png (548 KB, 500x661) Image search: [Google]
afa.png
548 KB, 500x661
Just got home from a glorious session

>Playing Newzuri against sen triplets combo, oloro control, and gisela aggro
>had a crappy starting hand but hey 3 land and gyre sage
>ramp up and get good draws and triplets player was going after oloro for trying to play politics against him
>slowly beat down the gisela and oloro player not worried about triplets because he can't do much to me and his hateboner for oloro is strong
>plan was to play living hive and just wreck face but end up drawing overwhelming stampede with a 18/15 triton shorestalker with lifelink and trample.
>Ramp all my creatures to +18/+18 whopping total of 5 which were shorestalker, invisible stalker, newzuri, gyre sage, and forgotten ancient and trample and take out everyone in a single swing

Killing with a mana dork felt odd though
>>
>>48085411
That's some pretty dank flavor. What a heroic shorestalker.
>>
>>48084922
Knight Exemplar, mirran crusader. Not too savvy on soldiers though
>>
>>48085399
I've used Biomantic Mastery in a U/G deck to turn value dudes like E-Wit and Archaeomancers into lethal and a half, so that seems like an obvious include. Hell, I've still got a stamped one from the draft set in GP Vegas, so I'll use that.

Mainly I just wanted to make sure that I could build a primarily Saproling/Fungus focused deck and have it not be a total garbage fire.
>>
>>48085431
I like shorestalker, I mean I know its a typical pick for newzuri but equipping it with loxodon warhammer was just too good to pass up
>>
>>48083456
>Karametra
Play dudes. Play bigger dudes. Make Avacyn/Archetype of Endurance happen
>Ephara
Flash Dudes and counter shit, folds when no counter spell in hand
>Phenax
Can actually mill effectively, the fuck?
>Mogis
Enchantress deck with no Enchantress and no style
>Xenagos
Life's a party and you're dead
>Athreos
Shadowborn deck that is dismantled 2 games later
>Pharika
Heart Headdress because she loves you (and can slow games down)
>Kruphix
Gimme two more turns after I drop him to do stuff
>Keranos
Literally an Artifact deck because "muh Izzet Artifact Commander when"
>Iroas
Swords of X and Y don't count towards Devotion
>>
>>48085597
Phenax mill can actually be somewhat scary when you're hiding behind walls and control and then "End of turn, mill you for 20".
>>
>>48085617
Hence why I said that. Fellow player in our group has a pretty competent Phenax deck with Undead Alchemist and Eater of the Dead being impressive in it.
>>
>>48085654
I must have been inserting a 'you' in there mentally and reading it as "can you actually mill effectively?"

My bad.
>>
I am too autistic for my playgroup. This is the third time I leave after a few games and end up in tears on the way home.

We played three games. The second game ended with the Temur player having taken 5 extra turns. 5! This is from a playgroup to that said "Did you see our power level?" when I asked if their bounce lands ever get Tectonic Edged.

One guy in particular was frustrating. He seems to have this insane notion that if you can't deal with the player that will kill everyone, your best bet is to ignore them and take care of the others.

I just don't get it. I don't get why I am considered the wrong one. I got into an argument over whether Identity Crisis is a mean card. It isn't. It really fucking isn't in comparison to the shit they do.
>>
>>48085597
You should build mogis boardwipe tribal, thats how you get the most use out of him
>>
File: Chandra_1.jpg (165 KB, 1024x724) Image search: [Google]
Chandra_1.jpg
165 KB, 1024x724
>playing stupid Chandra burn control
>Get Goggles, but only have Fork
>no one casting worthwhile spells
>drop Pyromancers Gauntlet
>+1 for 4 damage
>Draw Furnace
>+1 8 fucking damage
>but no spells
>top deck Fiery Confluence
>Finally a spell
>wait... WAIT
>each mode does damage
>each node does 2+2
>doubled
>8+8+8
>Forked
>FORKED AGAIN FROM GOGGLES
>72 FUCKING DAMAGE
>mfw
>>
>>48085903

First of all, I really hope you are joking about crying over EDH.

Second, don't bother. Find a playgroup that you have fun playing with. You and your current group don't have a deep enough understanding of the game to be an authority over what cards are unfair (although neither does WotC). Hermit Druid and many others are more unbalanced than nearly everything on the banned list or whatever it is you or your group is complaining about. So find a new group that agrees with your opinion of how competitive EDH should be and your ideal banned list or learn to enjoy playing at whatever level of competitiveness your current group plays. Judging by your post, your group's banned list would be 2000+ cards if they have a problem with Identity Crisis, and your's would be 3500+ cards if you have a problem with Tectonic Edge.
>>
gimme some fun mono green and mono red commanders
>>
>>48082465
Out of curiosity what's boring about Arcum? He seems like he'd be able to have a good amount of options and have some cool interactions. I haven't really looked into him much though so I don't know how he is.
>>
File: molimo-maro-sorcerer-cropped.jpg (142 KB, 464x664) Image search: [Google]
molimo-maro-sorcerer-cropped.jpg
142 KB, 464x664
Okay, so I've got a mono-green Molimo deck.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/mo-knows-overkill/

It's your basic ramp 'n' stomp and the only deck of mine that pulls out a win more often than not in our group (probably because I can't curve for shit, so all basics is easy for me). Vigor's my star player, usually. My best tricks are Hunter's Insight + Mark of Sakiko on a beater, using Kamahl, Fist of Krosa to punish boardwipes, and sticking Strata Scythe on Molimo, backed up with Terrifying Presence.

But I'd like to make it more effective. While I peruse EDHrec, any thoughts?
>>
>>48086250
Very fitting for Chandra. Go big or go home.
>>
>>48086809
Well, Genesis is a staple. I used to run Kamahl myself but I felt lacking. Feels like green has little to no answers. I'm fond of Molimo tho, as he's my first legendary.
>>
So after the new Tamiyo has been revealed I want to make a Bant Superfriends deck. Which commander should I go for? I was thinking Treva as I like the pro-tour art.
>>
>>48086765
Commanders that tutor tend to end up being boring because they encourage you to do the exact same thing every game. In Arcum's case you'd want to assemble nevinyrral's disk and mycosynth lattice ASAP to lock out every other player. Muzzio is better if you want to preserve some element of chance.
>>
>>48087873

>Tripfag
>OMG NEW CARD I WANT TO BUILD DECK11
>Superfriends

kys
>>
>>48085903
I also used to get super worked up over edh games too. I'm going to give you a little lesson i learned that really transformed the way I play the format.

You are responsible for your own fun.

People love to argue about which cards are and are not fun but the truth of the matter is spells are fun when your casting them and not fun when theyre wrecking your shit. The game is a wizard battle to the death, thats the way it is.

The trick is to find a deck that you find inherently fun to play with, rain or shine, win or lose. If you're losing, find the thrill in the struggle. If your winning, find the thrill in knowing you could be blown out at any second (because you might, and it stings less when you anticipate it).

Do not enter games hoping to win
Do not enter games hoping things will go smoothly
You are not trying to make them have fun, you're trying to tap mana and play spells.
Do not enter games thinking your opponents are trying to make you have fun.
You have to make your own.

This doesn't really work if you're up against tier 1 combo, prison or stax but im gonna guess that its not quite that bad. If this doesn't work, just do what other anon said and try and find a new group. But you really should address your emotional hangups, you're likely to find yourself in frustrating games in any group so you need to be prepared for that.
>>
>>48086412
Nah, Tec Edge is fair. I was just giving an example of their power level, where bounce lands don't get fucked with.

As for the crying, it is honestly more because these games end up running late and my medication stops working. I have to take it at night, so. But yeah, a new playgroup is probably my best bet.

I just don't get what kind of playgroup allows people to mulligan to 7 every time but allows for taking 5 extra turns.

>>48088820
I have one deck that I really can enjoy no matter what happens. And honestly, in terms of cards played and cards seen, even that awful game was fine.

I guess my whole problem was I don't like when the whole table gets killed out of nowhere and that problem is even worse when playing with a playgroup who doesn't understand that the only way to stop that sort of thing from happening is to kill the deck that is willing to do that sort of thing.

But yeah, I need to stop trying to babysit the table. Every game I feel I am trying to babysit toddlers who happen to have knives instead of hands. If a game goes sour because people don't prioritize effectively, I can't get so upset with them and me.

The great thing is that then that Temur guy left and we had a three player game. I stomped, but it just wasn't fun. I told them I was thinking of cutting Gitrog and Life from the Loam because they don't seem fun and they just didn't understand. It won me the game after all.
>>
File: 1461114089846.jpg (342 KB, 1260x1782) Image search: [Google]
1461114089846.jpg
342 KB, 1260x1782
>Playing Butcher of Truth in a 4 player game
>Take a few potshots from a T1 Serra Ascendant
>Guy changes his mind and starts hitting others with the Ascendant after a couple turns
>Turn 5 Kozilek with Greaves out
>Swing at Serra Ascendant guy
>WHAT THE FUCK BRO THAT'S ANTIFUN I DIDN'T EVEN KILL YOU BAN THAT STUPID COMMANDER
>mrw
>>
>>48085617
>>48085654
This is why I have an Eldrazi titan in every deck.
>>
File: Image.ashx(8).jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx(8).jpg
29 KB, 223x310
>>48088964

That's real fuckin neato
>>
>>48088974
And you get that every game? And I can't just kill it?
>>
>>48088994
Black gets tutors, blue gets counters. Black also gets Praetor's Grasp, blue also gets rifle effects. All colors get Tormod's crypt and friends. A dedicated mill deck shouldn't care about Titans.
>>
>>48089025
Fair enough. What if I out-control you with a Great Distortion+repeatable tutor lock?
>>
>>48088912
I actually prefer playing against decks that can kill everyone simultaneously but that's because I hate waiting for the next game way more than I hate losing.

You should not allow for infinite mulligans, it encourages bad deckbuilding habbits that can last a lifetime. It's not even a fairness thing, you will become better players if you adapt to the official rules (but its also a fairness thing).

Its considerate to tune down a deck for your playgroup but you shouldn't feel obliged to. Perhaps they didn't understand because they're ok with being stomped, it happens a lot in edh (thanks sol crypt!). They were trying to stomp you right back after all.
>>
>>48089050
>I actually prefer playing against decks that can kill everyone simultaneously but that's because I hate waiting for the next game way more than I hate losing.

Yeah, I just can't get over this. I don't even hate losing, but this type of loss feels different to me. I lose all the time, but the feeling of the entire game coming down to a single decision of not holding up mana or trusting your opponents to have responses, just bleh. Even if the next game starts super quick, I just have infinitely more stress because I basically need to have removal and answers 24/7 and can't ever feel "safe".

>because they're ok with being stomped, it happens a lot in edh (thanks sol crypt!). They were trying to stomp you right back after all.

And this is something I don't get too. I always assumed that this was the mark of a competitive player, but it clearly isn't. There are buttloads of casuals who are okay with getting the shit pushed in if it means that some games, they get to do the shit pushing.
>>
File: Image.ashx.jpg (25 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.ashx.jpg
25 KB, 223x310
I want to make a deck full of Flame Rift (damaging all players), to make other aggro decks more relevant in the meta. What's the best way to do this? Would RBW group slug with lots of lifegain to survive myself make sense?
>>
>>48089045

Just to be clear, I'm not him. Rather, I was voicing my opinion that Titans weren't an unbeatable defense against mill.

If I were playing Phenax against great distortion, I don't think I'd be too afraid. I honestly have no idea what you mean by tutor lock, but you'd have to not only out control me as a UB deck, but the other people playing. You'd also have to get Kozilek on the table. Sure, tons of mana rocks and shit that come with mono brown, I've played and played against Kozi in my group a lot, but he's hardly unbeatable.

One of my favorite things to do is cast Hurkyuls Recall or Cyclonic Rift with Kozi's Draw trigger on the stack. All those mana rocks and no card draw. Oops. Sure, you have a handful of mana rocks to discard, but we all know what the CMCs are and how many you have at those CMCs. You also have to consider losing them for when Kozi dies.
>>
>>48089323
They just need to print more exiling mill.
>>
>>48088081
Oh that makes sense. I've been thinking about switching my Sidisi deck to a Gisa deck since I always end up tutoring for Necropotence or Cabal Coffers. The deck is a zombie tribal but I always seem to win with Exsanguinate and big mana.
>>
>>48089197
Ok when i said trying to stomp you back i didnt mean people only play edh to completely dominate a game. A lot of people, including myself, do not enjoy extremely unbalanced matches regardless of whos winning. What I meant was, MTG is a fight. They can't get salty at you for playing gitrog and loam. What are they gonna do? Ask you not to play the cards in your hand? Ask you to stop playing lands because you're getting too far ahead? It's EDH, you play the lands you draw the cards and you cast the spells you can.

Every deck has that certain special combination of cards that allows it to go crazy, for you its gitrog and loam. For me its Traumatize and Mizzix's Mastery. They have their combos too. To ask otherwise is to ask people to remove powerful synergies from their deck lest they play them, which is a bit silly dont you think? Sometimes they have the combo in their opening 7, sometimes I have a counterspell in mine. C'est la mtg.
>>
>>48089285
Well the obvious answer is Heartless Hidetsugu but if you want something a bit more flexible I heard Mogis groupslug is pretty fun.
>>
>>48089431
But like, even I didn't enjoy winning via Gitrog and Loam, because Gitrog is a bit dumb and overtuned. It was a Sidisi deck, he's part of the 99. But they could've easily asked me to cut him, since he's a bit over the top.

Synergies are fun and it does feel great drawing a card off of Worldbreaker's activated ability, but I don't really see a problem with asking people to remove powerful synergies in their deck. Nor would it bug me if someone asked me. Sure, you can force people to run more answers, pay more attention, be more mindful, keep mana up more, but in a casual format, I don't really want to create stress.

I can't help but feel this playgroup is the worst of both worlds. Willing to run powerful combos or synergies, but not willing to run enough answers and reactive things. Maybe most EDH groups are like this.
>>
>>48089351
They would need to cost it more than regular mill which is already barely powerful enough for EDH. And you would still need to run it with old mill to make up a decent cardpool. GY exile is plentiful, powerful, omni-color and cheap as shit so i think we're fine.
>>
>>48089197

>the entire game coming down to a single decision of not holding up mana or trusting your opponents to have responses
>I just have infinitely more stress because I basically need to have removal and answers 24/7 and can't ever feel "safe"

Welcome to Magic, there are a plethora of cards that will end the game if unanswered. Even a Dryad Arbor can solo the game if you just sit there and let it. The less interactive win conditions are generally balanced by requiring more effort to put on the table (mana cost, specific combinations of cards, etc).

Let's say someone has Time Warp + Crystal Shard + Eternal Witness in their deck. Do they have enough mana and cards in hand to have this combination? What % of the time do they have this combination? What % of the time will another player have an answer? Do you have an answer? What is the value of keeping your mana untapped to cast your answer considering the % of time he has the combination? What is the value of playing a threat or developing your game? Play the line which has the highest expectation value.

Obviously in a real game, it becomes much more complicated and convoluted than this and your job is to figure out the correct way of play considering as many possibilities as you can. It can become incredibly stressful, but I also find it incredibly enjoyable.

You could also not think very much and play whatever you feel like playing. If he has it he has it, if he doesn't he doesn't. You will never be able to win every game you play. Sometimes you mulligan to 4. This isn't chess, there is a ton of variance.
>>
File: Angus_Mackenzie.jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Angus_Mackenzie.jpg
29 KB, 223x310
>>48087873
>>
>>48083456
I would say that Iroas is fun when played with soldiers
>>
>>48089502
And what if people don't want to remove the synergies in their decks? What if the synergy is what makes playing a deck really fun? Ive got a tutorless slobad combo deck that is just a fuckton of artifact combo and utility peices that I draw into randomly and try and cobble together into a functional engine while my opponents bash my face in. It's extremely fun to play, looking down at some 15 spinning cogs and trying to figure out how I can make it all hum.

Unless your group is running infinite combos, holding up removal isnt necessary, just put them in your deck so you dont lose to everything over 6cmc. Running removal should cause you less stress because you're prepared for what's around the corner.
>>
>>48088820
>You are responsible for your own fun.
This. This 100%.

I do weekly get togethers for 6-8 people EDH. In the past 4 months, I have won only once, and have only come in second twice. Most of the time, I am first or second out. But we sit at the table, we have snacks, we drink beers, we have horrendously bad movies on in the background and we all have fun and come back every week, even us losers. The enjoyment you get out of it is entirely on you.
>>
My group is starting to get real tired of my Daretti artifact bullshit (not stax). But I like artifacts too much. What would be a good deck to build in its place?
>>
>>48089975
Mishra.
>>
>>48089975
MUZZIO
>>
>>48085597
Karametra landfall is fun as fuck if you can remember half the triggers
>>
Spent the last couple days working on this. I could really use some opinions, planning on taking it to EDH night at the flgs this week.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dakkon-blackblade-edh-4/

I've never actually been there before though so who knows.
>>
>>48089050
>I actually prefer playing against decks that can kill everyone simultaneously but that's because I hate waiting for the next game way more than I hate losing.
I like you. The thing that pisses me off most in EDH is people reacting to a combo win with "Ok, now we finish playing for second place", forcing the winner to still wait for the next game even though the game is already over.

This is also why I'll often concede if I'm the last man standing fighting an uphill battle against a lockdown deck. I might be able to steal a very unlikely victory but it's not worth it if it means forcing the other two guys at the table to wait 15 minutes.
>>
>>48089975
Arcum Dagsson
Sharuum
Marchesa
Sydri
Feldon
Glissa the Traitor
Karn
Kemba
Memnarch
Mishra
Muzzio
Slobad
Bosh
Nahiri
>>
>>48089762
I like it !
>>
>>48090395
Did you just list every artifact-centric commander that isn't Starke, Chandler or Joven
>>
>>48090463
yes
>>
>>48090395
Muzzio and Sydri both look super fun
>>
File: purphoros,godoftheforge.hq.jpg (255 KB, 480x680) Image search: [Google]
purphoros,godoftheforge.hq.jpg
255 KB, 480x680
Who is the single most annoying commander to you? The one legendary that you see and your eyes just roll back into your head?

Pic related. The quintessential "Win with the least amount of effort" commander.
>>
File: 38562957215.jpg (26 KB, 680x383) Image search: [Google]
38562957215.jpg
26 KB, 680x383
>>48090386
B-Baka anon

>people reacting to a combo win with "Ok, now we finish playing for second place"
I wish I could say this is the most infantile thing I've heard mtg players doing but it's pretty fucking close.
>>
>>48089579
I don't care if I win. I care if we all lose to the same thing. I don't know why that's different. I am usually fine losing to a combo if I know nothing could've been done about it, because the guy is playing an overtuned list against casual. But here, theoretically we're playing jank decks, everyone sort of agreed to that and yet this sort of thing keeps happening.

And I know that I have to sit there and keep in mind all these percentages, but when I have to do it for three players and no one else bothers, that's when it starts bugging me.

Anyway, you are right. I have either two options, git gud or stop giving a fuck. I can't expect others to help compensate.

>>48089806
Synergies are fun, but you can have fun entertaining synergies without using cards that are clearly overtuned and leads to scenarios that actively hurt the enjoyment of the game. I've definitely had to cut synergies I thought were fun because they weren't fun for my opponents.

And the thing is, you sort of DO need to hold up removal all the time if people can win on the spot. Three players yesterday lost to an unblockable double striking general and extra turns. The guy who won had nothing on the field but lands the turn he went for the win. No infinite combo, just hey, you know how you thought you could take a bit of commander damage and bounce back? False. Not true.

The fact that that strategy isn't REALLY competitive or consistent makes it even worse. Because I know if I had one removal spell, I could've saved three people. But I didn't. And neither did the other two. So we lost.

I'm not making much sense and my point is getting lost and muddled.

>>48089883
I don't like these people to be able to enjoy the out of game aspects. They're fun to chat to about MTG, but I can't socialize with them during the game and enjoy it. They're kind of the worst, like me. Pretentious and emotional.
>>
>>48090611
He's pretty boring. I used to play him and got sick of it after like 3 games. I switched the deck over to Zada and it's loads more fun as a result
>>
>>48090386
>>48090627
You know why people do that? Because they don't want to acknowledge your existence in that game.

If people do that, they don't want to play with you. Great news though, you don't want to play with them either. So, leave and never look back.
>>
>>48090611
Single most would require me to put some thought into it, but it's definitely one of these:

Purphoros, Derevi, Zur, Nekusar. Basically any deck where I can predict the next 10 incredibly boring turns and the deck is 80% identical to every other deck of that COmmander I've ever seen
>>
>>48090669
One guy in our playgroup has a Sedris deck that is secretly a Nekusar deck, because this way people don't gun for him immediately.

I don't know what that says about him, the playgroup or anything, but it bugs me.
>>
>>48090629
I disagree with you. YOu can't EXPECT others to help compensate, but this isn't a tournament. You don't need to go in expecting everyone to be cutthroat. This is a casual format, and you absolutely can just sit down with your group and talk about what everyone wants out of a game and try to get on the same page. It's a useful first step, and while it might not fix everything, it's better than just resigning yourself to starting an arms race leading to a metagame you hate that'll completely burn you out.

Just tell everyone, I don't really like losing to infinite combos (or playing them) because X Y Z. See what everyone thinks. It's entirely possible that you can get your group to build some decks minus the cheese and keep their Big Dick Decks put away for when EVERYONE wants to play hardball.
>>
>>48090651
If it's stated in advance that combos won't fly at a table, sure. But if a group accepts to play against combo but refuses to accept their loss against combo, then they're huge fucking babies.
>>
>>48090410
You can always just go to magiccards.info and type (c!wugm t:"legendary creature") and pick whichever one you like
>>
>>48090684
>One guy in our playgroup has a Sedris deck that is secretly a Nekusar deck,
Disgusting. If you're going to run Sedris, RUN FUCKING SEDRIS. Don't pussy out. Sedris is also infinitely more fun
>>
>>48090669
At the risk of sounding foolish, what's so bad about Zur?

Seen him and played against him enough. But every Zur deck I've encountered either spins its wheels with no clear win con, or is straight pillow fort.

Can't say you're wrong about Nekky though. He's my best deck and my playgroup can't stand when I break him out.
>>
>>48090684
It'd still bug me, because it's not "taking a bunch of damage from drawing" that bothers me when I play Nekusar decks. What bothers me is that they're all the same deck. Every wheel effect, every "draw = damage" effect, backed with some countermagic. Teferi's Puzzle Box, Forced Fruition, all that jazz. It's boring. And if it were just mass draw like Fruition I might not hate it so much, but it's tough to plan more than a turn ahead because you'll get to cast one, maybe two cards in this hand before you lose it for a new grip and take 14 damage for your troubles.

It's the same reason I don't like Omen Machine: it's not unfair, it's just boring for the game to get rendered down to luck of the draw so easily.
>>
>>48090694
Yeah. That's fair. I actually already left the playgroup. It was just a Group Me group with about 23 members.

I actually did want to do this, but whenever people show up, they want to start playing right away. Plus, the level of discourse required for this sort of thing (since clearly "Oh, we're casual and run janky shit" isn't good enough) is far too much for these autists (myself included).

>>48090699
Good point.
>>
>>48090709
The problem with Zur is that it's horrifically non-interactive and the decks are all the same. They throw out either Vanishing or Diplomatic Immunity first thing so you can't interact with their Commander and then they (as you said) either hide behind a pillowfort or just start poking people to death with Zur while you can do nothing to interact with them.

It's boring. It's repetitive. It's non-interactive. I play Commander to have fun, to interact with other people, to see different stuff happen each game (to some extent), so a deck that is the antithesis of the reasons I'm shuffling up will rumble my jameses.
>>
>>48090699
I have a group of huge tryhards at my LGS who mostly play combo. One game they lost turn 4 to the new guy who got a really lucky draw. They kicked him out and kept playing until the tryhardest player went off with Niv Mizzle on turn 9, at which point they actually ended the game.

Some people are just huge faggots.
>>
>>48090788
Really the core "issue" of EDH is that you just have to be playing with people who want the same thing as you, or at least a group that's willing to compromise

If you're the only person in the group who wants to play Dudes: The Sidewaysing and everyone else is trying to fire off a hyper-fast fragile combo on turn 3, neither set is WRONG about how they play- but you're the odd man out. It's more reasonable for them to ask you to compromise and play a little scarier than it is for you to ask THEM to dial it back, simply because you're the minority.

Ditto the other way- if you're the only guy building a finely tuned T3 murder machine in an area where people are building Wurm Tribal, neither of you are wrong, but you're the odd man out and you probably need to be the one to mesh with the group.

Of course, a lot of these issues can be solved by just sitting down and talking about what you want out of a game with your group like an adult, but we know how bad /tg/ is at that from how many "I have a THAT GUY in my group, what do I do?" threads.
>>
>>48090816
>tfw I'm usually the odd man out because I go tall and everyone else goes wide
>>
>>48090788
It really sucks being the new guy in a group, you basically have to hold back for the first few games or risk not having people to play with.
>>
>>48090629
>I don't like these people to be able to enjoy the out of game aspects. They're fun to chat to about MTG, but I can't socialize with them during the game and enjoy it.
I take back everything I said about salvaging the playgroup, drop these clowns like a sack of potatoes and go find people who you enjoy being around.

I can't stress this enough, playing edh against salt mines or brick walls is a nightmare from which you will not wake. I used to play at an lgs with a bunch of strangers and even then we still had casual banter and basic civility.

At the very least you can try and foster a more casual, interpersonal environment. Music, food and alcohol goes a long way. Be positive, make jokes, ask them what they think about whatevers going on in the game. If you act like you're having a really good time (even if you're not) people will respond in kind.

I thought you were just playing with a bunch of bad deckbuilders but if they have a bad attitude while playing it explains your situation completely. I would hate losing too if I was losing to a cunt.
>>
File: 191.jpg (70 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
191.jpg
70 KB, 312x445
She sounds like an interesting commander to build on, but I have no clue on which theme/way to go with.

Should I just combine a simic ramp, golgari recursion and dimir mill/zombies to go with? I haven't built a wedge edh deck before.
>>
>>48090996
The only thing I hate more than losing a boring game is losing to an asshole.
>>
>>48091012
Control is pretty common with her
>>
>>48091012
Damia is like, the face of BUG goodstuff. Most of the decks using her are just crammed to the gills with goodstuff with no real theme or synergy beyond "beat you to death with value", so you may have people gunning for you from the get-go.
>>
>>48090996
Appreciate it. Thanks for talking to me, despite me not making much sense at times.
>>
>>48091050
Interestingly, "beat you to death with value" ends up working out better for Damia than more focused builds do. You just get so much fucking flexibility with that deck. I honestly sort of hate it, it's lazy as fuck, but I can't fault people for going for the generic "works every time" build of a deck.
>>
File: qlMsi.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
qlMsi.gif
2 MB, 350x197
Hey fatguys. So Ive been playing Sidisi reanimator/ midrange but I think I want to go towards a more token overrun strategy. This means I need equal parts zombie tribal pump but also ways to mill myself. Anyone else her run Sidisi zombie tribal?
>>
>>48091115
I maintain that Grimgrin is the only worthwhile Zombie tribal commander
>>
>>48091108
Sure, I'm just saying that you'll usually get groans when you set Damia down because people are expecting you to just throw synergy-less value at them and lose to it like every other UGx deck ever.
>>
>>48091204
I won't get groans because I wouldn't play Damia. You've seen one UGx goodstuff deck you've seen them all, even the addition of more loam-focused strategies with gitgud monster isn't enough to make these decks interesting to play for me.
>>
>>48091273
I'm actually loving the shit out of my Gitrog deck, but I'm having to goldfish a lot to practice it because the turns can get a little intricate and I don't want to be the guy who makes everyone watch him take a 10 minute turn.
>>
I'm making casual maelstrom wanderer deck, any suggestions?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/03-07-16-hgE-controlled-chaos/
>>
>>48091080
Anytime, broski. You may not guess it but this board can be pretty friendly so long as no one talks about what card they want banned.

I know you're still out there hoof-anon
>>
>>48091080
Not him, but where do you live? Someone might know a better playgroup.
>>
>>48091080
>>48090996
Well, it doesn't matter anymore guys. I quit EDH and MTG.

After I got home last night, my car was broken into. All my decks are gone.
>>
>>48091303
Didn't check the list but you gave enough information for me to know that it's shit.
>>
>>48091318
I know it's not as entertaining as hoof-anon but I can argue about Sol Ring and Mana Crypt if you'd like.
>>
>>48091328
Shit, dude. That fucking sucks. Why were they in your car when you weren't?
>>
>>48091303
>casual
>Maelstrom Wanderer
>>
>>48091363
I trusted my neighborhood too much. I'm an idiot, I know.
>>
>>48091357
you're a million times more retarded than the craterhoof guy. at least he has a hateboner for a card that's actually powerful and can win games. yours just give mana. oh my god what the fuck ever will we do that guy has mana we might as well concede!
>>
>>48091387
I wish there was something we could do for you. I'm really sorry this happened.
>>
>>48091377
My playgroup runs pretty strong commanders, Omnath and Daretti off the top of my head. Sorry if my definition of casual's slightly off. What I basically mean is that it isn't an infinite combo deck designed to win by turn 5
>>
>>48091328
Never

Ever

EVER

Leave your fucking cards in your car

I'm not trying to victim-blame here, but 90% of all "my cards were stolen" stories start with the words "my car was broken into"
>>
>>48091397
I'm against Sol Ring and Crypt being banned in multiplayer, but if you honestly don't think that advancing yourself effectively 2 land drops for 0 mana isn't insanely strong you're a moron.
>>
>>48091357
Fuck, sorry bro. You're probably going to be turned off mtg for a while. Don't abandon the game forever though. If you ever get the itch again, there are some great groups and fun games to be had if you're willing to look for them.
>>
>>48091357
>>48091473
>>48091397

What did I just fucking say.
You're insatiable, /tg/
>>
>>48091530
>I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED
>>
>>48091473
Good cards, but far from insane.
>>
>>48091585
They'd be more insane if you could run 4 in a deck of 60
>>
>>48091473
when you know the game's going to go on for 10 or more turns anyway it literally doesnt make a difference and you'd be better off filling your decks with powerful cards that help you win instead of an ancient tomb that dies to shatter
>>
>>48091585
Oh, sure, but very strong.

>>48091617
This is pretty low quality bait.
>>
>>48091652
/edhg/ doesn't care about bait quality, as long as it mentions Sol Ring or Mana Crypt they'll bite like it was filet mignon on a 24 karat gold hook.
>>
>>48091694
I don't think I've ever seen sol, crypt, hoof or DEN bait not taken.

Every
Fucking
Time
>>
>>48091727
I haven't seen DEN bait in awhile, I think people smartened up about it being fairly easy to answer.
>>
I wish the original eldrazi titans were never printed

they're just a braindead inclusion along with blightsteel for any deck that needs a big boss monster

annihilator is a stupid mechanic
>>
>>48091747
My favorite thing is the people who think you always need 2 pieces of removal for it.
>>
>>48082888
Maro confirmed there's no devoid in Eldritch Moon so all Eldrazi will be colorless or flip cards

Or that emerge mechanic I guess
>>
>>48091790
Dead Eye Navigator should be banned because its impossible to remove

Infect lethal should be set to 20, no, 30

Sheldon should be replaced by someone who really knows whats best for Magic, Mark Rosewater.

Hoof-anon was onto something, this is fun.
>>
>>48091405
It apparently happened less than two hours ago too. According to our neighbor, she saw the car in tact at 10:45. So, here's hoping.

>>48091455
Yeah. I was careful near the shop, at people's houses, but I stupidly didn't think to be careful just outside my house.
>>
>>48091868
Dude, I won't leave my cards in my locked car inside my locked garage with me inside the house.
>>
>>48088955
I love it when people get butthurt for you playing the game properly.
>>
>>48091861
my beef with the titans isn't that its overpowered

it's just that their inclusion is braindead because of how efficient they are compared to other similar things like darksteel colossus which will never see play just because the titans exist

i run lots of exile and boardwipe effects so they don't often stay too long on the field but it's just annoying to see the same cards in every deck
>>
>>48091861
Lethal infect should be 20, though
>>
File: Image[1].png (135 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image[1].png
135 KB, 223x311
>>48089285
You could run Anya, Merciless Angel

That way when you've dumped your hand you've got a huge, hard to kill beat stick to finish the job
>>
>>48091868
But why wouldn't you want your cards inside, where you can play with them?
>>
>>48091892
My issue with them is they are hard to interact with. The design decision to not make them artifact creatures is something that I still have trouble with.
>>
>>48091861
If you play combos, land destruction or counterspells, you are literally worse than Hitler.
>>
>>48091919
>Infect should be even more unplayable than it already is
Agreed, fuck those faggots.
>>
>>48091919
Ok this is one argument I'm actually willing to have if you're not avin a giggle.

There are multiple reasons why infect is 10 for all formats.
>>
>>48091963

dude what? ulamog has indestructible and emrabanned has pro colored spells, but other than that they are just creatures that die to normal board wipes, and creature removal

it would make absolutely no sense for them to be artifact creatures, they are the opposite of artifacts
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 225x225
>>48091892
>I hate seeing edh staples in an edh game
>>
>>48092057
staple enablers are one thing

staple wincons that can be used by any deck are just boring
>>
>>48092089

i feel the opposite

enablers come up every game and you have to deal with them every game, whereas wincons are usually something that you only see for the last 1% of the game

like rhystic study is way more annoying to me than craterhoof behemoth, craterhoof and rhystic both go in every deck but craterhoof comes down and the game is either over or somebody answered it, thats it

rhystic study, if it isnt answered, basically ruins the game for me, somebody clones it, somebody clones it again, etc etc, it bogs the game down
>>
>>48092006
>all formats
2HG has it at 15.
>>
>>48091892
I own every titan, and the only place I run them is fuckin Rakdos and Gitrog Toad.

They aren't that good, family.
>>
>>48091962
Hm? I live with my parents. I can't play MTG at home.

>>48091876
Fair.
>>
>>48092229
They can be strong, but putting them in your deck is also just begging to get bitchslapped with a Bribery.
>>
>>48092265
Shit, I'd rather bribe out a C-sphinx or a Rune Scarred demon.
>>
I need SPICY TECH

SPICY TECH FOR ZADA
>>
I'm so fucking tired of seeing lands every game. I wish I could run more MLD.
>>
>>48092283
radiate because sometimes you need to wrath the board with one lightning bolt
>>
>>48092355
Landless EDH when?
>>
>>48092374
Whenever I sit at a table with a stax deck. Where we're going we don't need mana.
>>
>>48092355
Daretti will get the job done.
>>
>>48092396
Jokulhaups every turn is objectively the best wincon in MtG history.
>>
>>48092283
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?action=advanced&color=+@(+[R])&text=+[target]+[creature]+[draw]+[a]+[card]&type=|[%22Instant%22]|[%22Sorcery%22]
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>48092283
>>
>>48092440
In this moment, the best wincon is Earthcraft + Squirrel Nest + Scrambleverse.

Let us see who really wants the win.
>>
File: Image (15).jpg (29 KB, 226x311) Image search: [Google]
Image (15).jpg
29 KB, 226x311
How would you make an MC Ride Commander deck?
>>
>>48090611
I don't like the P/T on the Theros gods. This guy is twice the size of a fucking volcano but has the equivalent power of 3 grizzly bears.
>>
>>48092741
Yeah, and it takes two trained soldiers to kill a housecat, and one of them will die. Don't think too hard about the fluff.
>>
>>48092741
It's just the amount of power he's willing to lend you.

>>48092785
A housecat that hunts demons for fun
>>
>>48092599
Mono black Gotcha!

get get get get get got got got got
>>
What do you guys think we'll get in the 2016 precons? I know I'm in the minority, but I want more mono color decks, this time with actual creatures.
>>
>>48092862
4 color legendaries. almost 100% confirmed
>>
>>48092889
literally 100% confirmed
>>
>>48092889
Bleh

I would just errata the Nephilims as Legendary instead.
>>
>>48092862

http://magic.wizards.com/en/content/commander-2016-edition-information

Sorry, sempai
>>
>>48092937
They don't errata supertypes onto things.
>>
>>48092836
Don't forget to include something that lets you take control of your opponent.

The tables flipped now we got all the coconuts bitch!
>>
>>48092937
I'm hoping the secondary legendaries are Nephalim with very very very minor rules changes.
>>
>>48092976
Just because there's no precedent doesn't mean they CAN'T do it. It would make people happy and has pretty much no downside.
>>
>>48093020
It has the downside of setting precedent. People will start whining for them to errata X or Y to being Legendary, or removing Legendary from something else, etc, etc.

It's also not big, but tacking the Legendary subtype onto something does make it weaker because now you can't have more than one of them, and they don't do power level errata either.
>>
>>48093003
They could print new versions of the nephilim with slightly different abilities like the newdrazi titans.
>>
>>48093080
What sort of ability layout would you give each Nephilim? Take the Yore-Tiller Trapezoid, what abilities on that would fit together best on a card?
>>
>>48093080
Personally I'm expecting them to have the Commanders be 2 color creatures with the other two colors in their text box.
>>
>>48093152
Or mono color with the other 3 colors in rules text. Could make them more playable imo.
>>
if all planeswalkers were to be allowed as generals, would there be anything that would be obviously broken about it? as is it seems that walkers are fairly vulnerable in edh
>>
>>48093152
Hmm, that could work. But what colors would be part of the mana cost and how would that affect the costs of the activated abilities?
>>
>>48082036
Mono blue is for people with autism
>>
>>48093191
IF by "more playable" you mean "easier to cast", because they'd still only be playable in 4c and 5c decks
>>
>>48082229
Definitely get Shield of the oversoul and Corpsejack menace
I would recommend enhant protection like greater auramancy and privileged position but they aren't cheap
definitely be sure to get your mana-ramping solid, so you can A. Run your general's abilities B. Play those high-cost token doublers.
Get grave betrayal if you're an asshole and want an even scarier field. Mass buffs like collective blessing will also be mucho scary. And mirari's wake of course.

I play Rys and Proshh, so that's just what came off the top of my head.
>>
>>48093218
That's what I meant yes. Keep in mind these are precons. There's only so much they're going to give you in terms of a mana base, and 4c creatures are really hard to land down on a subpar mana base.
>>
>>48093210
Not him but imagine alesha. She has a combat based ability so she's red but her ability is reanimation, a black and white ability so the cost of the ability is black and white
>>
>>48093204
>JtMS
>Nahiri
>Dack
No fucking way.
>>
>>48092283
Any instant or sorcery that targets a single creature and says "Draw a card" on it.

Then Inner Fire, Battle Hymn, Mana Geyser, and every other ritual card.

With proper token generation, you can draw most of your deck by turn 4 or so.
>>
planechase anthology and the new commander decks hit in november, who else is going to be broke?
>>
>>48093324
Nahiri isn't too bad. The biggest "fuck you" card she can get out is banned, and her color identity pretty much offers no real bombs to end you the game with her ult (good luck getting the ult by the way).

Jace is a 4 mana Brainstorm in EDH.

Dack would be very solid, but not game-breaking.
>>
>>48093204
Yes, some of the plainswalkers are total bullshit
>>48092484
Dank.
>>48085617
Consuming Abberition
>>
>>48093324
explain?
>>
>>48093382
Tezzeret the Seeker would be pretty sweet.
>>
>>48093382
Nahiri can also slam down the other 4 eldrazi titans, two have annihilator in a bit enough amount to swing a game. That said I think she's okay to remove
Jace can't, he's repeatable to cast and mono blue is ridiculously strong in the format already
Deck is 50/50 as he would be able to be cast over and over and his ult is backbreaking. Even more so than Liliana otv in edh
>>
>>48093405
Cause mono blue needs another artifact based planeswalker commander that can do unlimited combos easily, right?
>>
>>48091919
I actually slapped that on one of my new players.
I'm trying to teach him the subtleties of Magic and playing EDH.
The very first thing he built was G/B Proliferate and he drew a lot of hate for it and couldn't understand why.
>>
>>48093443
He also ramps harder than Garruk Wildspeaker.
>>
>>48093428
Jace would be a decent monoU commander, but nowhere on the levels of degeneracy of an Arcum Dagson or an Azami. Planeswalkers are just susceptible to removal in multiplayer EDH, even more so than creatures.
>>
>>48093449
>>48091919
>>48091861
How do these shitters exist
>>
>>48093443
can't be any better than things that exist as is
>>
>>48082808
Kresh sacrifice ends up being really fun as Eldrazi tribal
>>
>>48093467
Not more so. Removal like path and swords hits creatures. Granted a planeswalker can be attacked; however, being repeatable to cast pushes them in power. Look at the commander planeswalkers. They're all easily worse than jace the mind sculpture, but they see play because they can be and being reliable to use over and over makes them strong
>>
>>48091861
As a filthy combo fag I agree Dead Eye should definitely be banned. I'm getting sick and fuckin' tired of him and Great Whale being my wincon.
I just want play Kraj shenanigans
>>
File: 1433641187756.jpg (27 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1433641187756.jpg
27 KB, 600x338
>>48079578
Any chance there's a /tg/ EDH discord? Wanna talk and bounce some ideas around for Gwafa Hazid.
>>
>>48093527
He's easy to kill tho bbe
>>
>>48093534
I play Gwafa, what you need
>>
>>48093626
Not sure what direction I want to take the deck in, stuck between pillowfort or stax.

I already have a ghost dad stax though, but I'm not sure what plays best.
>>
>>48093527
My main issue with DEN is that if it resolves and isn't killed immediately with soulbond on the stack, then you enter some kind of shitty mexican standoff, where you can't answer it until the owner flickers something, and he gets to decide when he does it (preferably when he has ways to disrupt you and protect his DEN). And you can't ignore it either because you fucking know that thing combos with everything.

So yeah, if your removal is a path or a swords, it's sort of easy to always hold it to interact on the stack, but it's fucking annoying if you're holding on to a Beast Within, and you're shit out of luck if it's something like Vindicate at sorcery speed.

Saying DEN is impossible to remove is retarded, but it's just as retarded to imply it's somehow super easy to remove.
>>
>>48093695
I usually try to stay out of DEN arguements, but I really don't know why they don't just ban DEN and unban Primetime, Sylvan and Sundering.
>>
>>48093649
I have a mix. Giving yourself hexproof is huge, and Forced Fruition with a bunch of tax effects and no Reliquary Tower effect can cause endless frustration for everyone. That and Spirit of the Labyrinth
>>
File: 1433676414300.jpg (172 KB, 1800x1205) Image search: [Google]
1433676414300.jpg
172 KB, 1800x1205
>>48093786
Any advice for cheap secret tech cards? I picked up an angel's trumpet and norn's annex recently, and I'm going to sort through my jank today to see what I've got to slot in.
>>
>>48093752

All of those bans lifted would be fine, although Sundering Titan is definitely within reach of being imbalanced.

>>48093695

DEN is awful.

>>48093501

JTMS falls far behind Daretti.

>>48093467

Dagsson and Azami are not even close to degenerate.

>>48093428

4 mana and 2 turns for a Kozi swing isn't very impressive. Jhoira completely outclasses Nahiri and is virtually unplayed, and I'd be -2ing Nahiri more than anything.
>>
>>48093819
I like Mirror Sigil Sergeant and Paradox Haze together
>>
File: evan reference.png (494 KB, 722x637) Image search: [Google]
evan reference.png
494 KB, 722x637
>>48090611
>very late game
>everyone got 20 + lands out
>playing prossh
>got doubling season and primal vigor out
>play out purphoros
>play out prossh for 10
>get out 40 kobolds
>deal 80 dmg to each opponent
>>
>>48093890
It's almost like Prossh is bullshit or something. Weird.
>>
>>48093890
>everyone got 20 + lands out
Was the MLD player asleep or something? How the fuck can you people play like this?
>>
>>48094020
MLD is badwrongfun

Genesis Waving for 36 is goodrightfun and how the game was meant to be played
>>
>>48094020
literally no one was being aggressive. One guy was playing Ruhan but his ruhan got pacified literally the turn it got in. All the guy could do for the rest of the game was playing out and equipping his five sword of " " which he likes to brag about owning.
>>
>>48093835
Jhoira isn't played because anyone who plays her gets hated out of the group because she's the epitome of nofun faggotry
>>
>>48094020
Yeah, if you let me get 20 lands, you're going to have a bad time with Avacyn+Armaggedon+Tabernacle.
>>
Has anyone here played allies? How did you like it? Thinking about building a tribal deck and that seems fun with shenanigans
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 34

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.