[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Bitch Aunt visits from Chicago and brings her kid. >Decide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>Bitch Aunt visits from Chicago and brings her kid.
>Decide to give some long-term payback.
>While she goes out drinking one night I sit down her 12 year old son and teach him everything he needs to know about magic: the gathering.
>Play with two old duel decks to teach him, even giving them to him afterwards after he told me he wants to start playing with his friends.
>A week later I read on Facebook that he spent $95 on a booster box of Shadows over Innistrad and pulled two planeswalkers.
>His bitch of a mother is supporting his habit because she wants to sell all his awesome pulls for cash.
Am I evil /tg/? I think I just set that kid up to be a grognard for the rest of his life.
>>
>>48070475
This is your idea of payback?
You're a faggot.
>>
>>48070475
I have to say that corrupting a child in real life like that is pretty bad.

I get pretty sad when I see it.

I went to school to become a teacher. But after finishing my bachelor's I did some work with my degree and discovered that the world is a pretty terrible place and if I were to enter it trying to make it better, I will inevitably fail some people through no fault of my own.

And though it's not my fault, it would kill me to fail to help those people be better. It's not enough to help some people to me, I have to get everyone on some same page. And if I had to teach a room full of 30 kids and have 10 of them ultimately leave just as retarded as I left them, I would lose it.

I coordinate firefighting now. Either you win or you lose. But everything you do matters.
>>
File: biovisonary.jpg (33 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
biovisonary.jpg
33 KB, 223x310
>>48070571
you remind me of this fellow
>>
>>48070475
You obviously did it for petty reasons, but if he's having fun, then what's the problem?
>>
>>48070571
Fucking tragic anon. Studying to be a teacher now, I have already accepted that there are retards in the world that I cannot help. But it doesn't hurt to try.
>>
>>48070571
I'm a teacher, have been for 6 years.
There's no better feeling that watching the moment of clarity when a teenager realizes he's worth nothing and nobody believes in him, specially when sitting right next to him is a talent you have helped nourish and develop into an admired achiever in his field of interest.

Kids who believe themselves to be the big shit despite being utterly useless to society, will never listen to anybody and try to improve, but slackers and disadvantaged kids can grow up a lot out of pure zeal and fear after you make them realize there's no future ahead of them if they keep on their current track.
>>
>>48070475
Your idea of payback was to get a kid into an enjoyable hobby and give him all the material he needed to get friends in with him?

Man, I want some payback, too.
>>
>>48070571
I want to be a teacher. I don't have my license yet, but I know if I get the chance, that I want to teach English, foster a desire to learn, even if it's in a narrow field, into the kids I teach.

But I know I need some kind of job history, even if it is in retail or whatever first. I'm twenty-eight, now; when I was sixteen, I approached my parents wanting to get a job. At first, my dad was happy to hear that I wanted to make my own money working somewhere. My mom, on the other hand, was none too pleased and, after a short conversation(read as: brow-beating session between my divorced parents, where my mom made my dad feel like shit because he went blind and left me with a, "deadbeat parent"), he was on her side.

The first job I had was a work-study gig in one of the departments of my college, organizing and pulling peoples' class histories. It lasted nine months. Just on that, you're probably thinking the same thing any employer is: "I wonder what this kid did to get fired from that easy of a job?"

It ended. Work-study lasts two semesters, mid-August to mid-May. My time there ended, and that's it. They see that happening twice in a row, at two separate places, then nothing else, and they assume I'm not hireable. Completely innocuous, but they'll mostly just look at the period of employment, see that it's under twelve months, and just toss it.

Even if I had a hireable work history, no one in my area is hiring; every single place you'd think of working at, and I don't care where I work, so long as it pays, has so many people working at them that they're cutting hours, even if it doesn't look like they should be able to.

So, I live with my mom, depressed(not clinically, god no, just kinda run-down and dispirited with the world at large), doing basically nothing. I browse the internet, I write or draw when I get bored of that, and then I sleep, usually 4:30 AM to 6:30 AM, then 7:00 AM to 10:30 AM, then 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM.

Sorry about that.
>>
>>48070542
>>48070686
>>48072290
OP is doing payback to the bitch mother you faggots. Nothing is more annoying than a kid who wants to spend every cent on a card game and asking her every single time they go to a store for more cards. And now the mother just got into it for gambling and is going to lose money in the long term, like hundreds.
>>
>>48072389
Feeling like I may be on-track to a similarly shit situation. My department's fucked up contracts and hour allocations so badly that the University froze all new contracts the first year of two I'll be eligible for one, and is seriously scaling back positions this coming year. I may have to file a formal grievance because as things are going they may actually try to hand me a PhD without letting me teach AT ALL.

Which is a horrible situation to be in. It doesn't look good in academia OR in the private sector.
>>
>>48070475
What did she do to you, Anon?
>>
>>48070475
> thinking some old hag wants to sell cardboard over the Internet
> thinking that she paid $95 for two "maybe" $11-$20 planeswalker cards is going to going to repeat this process just to sell said cardboard
You have to be some new kind of retarded. I mean, like a whole new level not yet discovered or named.
>>
>>48074534
The mother isn't into selling shit. It's all just a fabrication of an autist.
>>
>>48070475
>pulled two planeswalkers
This is how we know you're new at the game.
>>
>>48074791
She didn't buy him a happy meal when she was baby sitting him one time.
>>
>>48072389
I kind of feel the same way. I never got a proper summer job in my field of study (been to interview a few times, and one time it went well enough that the guy who interviewed me remembers me and ask how I'm doing whenever we meet), and my only experience in my own field is two months of internship. Add to that that I have a hard time seeing why anybody would hire me (I'm not bad, but not good either; I'm decidedly average in most ways).

At least I've got some job experience even if it's not at all related to my field of expertise, having worked as a dock worker every summer for 5 years.
>>
>>48072389
I was in a similar situation, but managed to land a 15-month volunteer position that let me get into proper employment.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.