[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
40k g
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77
File: 1464488691029.png (1 MB, 1014x761) Image search: [Google]
1464488691029.png
1 MB, 1014x761
REEEEEEEEE JOHHNY GET OUT OF MY GENERAL edition

> Codexes
https://mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20[Space%20Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
>>
File: 1466189748108.jpg (86 KB, 490x605) Image search: [Google]
1466189748108.jpg
86 KB, 490x605
Who needs Johnny when you can have Brother Wai?
>>
>>48037643
Trigger warning: Impact font
>>
>>48037643
You ever going to paint your models or would that take time away from your shitposting?
>>
>>48037643
>>48037679
>forced meme
>trigger warning
>on a mongolian throat barbecue pizza ouiji board
>>
File: Cadian39thVeldt.jpg (15 KB, 212x312) Image search: [Google]
Cadian39thVeldt.jpg
15 KB, 212x312
Hello I'm starting to get into warhammer. I haven't gotten any units yet but I've decided I'm going to build an imperial guard army. I'm trying to catch up on the lore but I've found an issue for continuity in my army. I want to use the 39th Cadian color style (pic related) along with rusting militarium tempest but would it not make sense putting 39th Cadian with Militarism Tempest? In the Wiki they are only described to work along side Space Marines.
>>
>>48037812
I dont see why the Tempestus wouldn't help out the 39th. Besides, you can always think up of a scenario of why the Tempestus are assisting the 39th.
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 600x620
Post awesome models with absolutely terribad rules.
>>
>>48037812
Try to alter that scheme a little with some more highlights to the armour. GWs one test model might look ok without highlights, but 30 of those guys will look very flat and uninteresting.

And the scions will work with Guard all the time. You can field Scions as part of a IG army as an elite choice without even the need to buy the scion codex and make an ally detachment.
>>
File: AncientGreaterGood.jpg (58 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
AncientGreaterGood.jpg
58 KB, 600x600
>https://www.engadget.com/2016/06/28/combat-ai-beats-air-force-experts/

This just in.

Experts fleshfag pilots cannot beat AI pilots.

So how can the people in 40K defeat Necron pilots?
>>
>>48038187
They picked the the ugliest flyers outside of SM for this
>>
Mark of Khorne: +1 Attack, Furious Charge
Mark of Nurgle: +1 Toughness, Feel no Pain
Mark of Slaanesh: +1 Initiative, Run and Gun or Charge
Mark of Tzeentch: 5++, Rerolls 1's for shooting To Hit

How would these work as a basis of Chaos Marks? What would each of these be worth on an MEQ?
>>
>>48038187
It´s just Necron Warriors which don´t really have very advanced AI. The ancient Necrontyr or perhabs the C´tan engineered the system so that Lychguard are about average human intelligence, Immortals are probably more like a dolphins or pigs and Warriors are are just attack dogs.

Necrons can be repaired so it doesn´t matter if they don´t stomp every army immediately, they´ll win in the long run since they can repair their troops faster than most races can procreate. Orks being more or less a perfect counter because they can actually outbred the speed with which Necrons can be repaired.

Necron pilots are at best immortals and are as such no more than animals, the plane itself however contains stacks of different plans the pilot can use, which is why it isn´t horrible.

Of course this isn´t a perfect explanation since you can make an AI that is good at aiming but bad at thinking for itself or wanting things. But the way that it was created might be why they have a mind of their own and why they had to be limited in intelligence, since they used the mind mapping idea they might not have known exactly how to install BS 10 without allowing for independent thought.
>>
>>48038206

The Necron crescent is alright.
>>
>>48038324
Khorne is the worst of those and should still cost like 8 ppm or more.
>>
>>48038410
> Immortals are probably more like a dolphins or pigs

Fuck sake, anon. Immortals retain all the combat knowledge and experience they had in life. Everything else was deleted. This is why you get to see Immortals commanding warriors in battle.

Anyways, here is the Necron pilot lore.

>The Night Scythes and Doom Scythes of the Necrons are tools of dominion, weapons to be wielded and discarded at will by their dynastic betters. Their pilots are little more than unliving weapons, utterly loyal and entirely without fear, instantly obeying their master’s every command. When combined with the millennia of accumulated combat data and optimised attack patterns contained within the datastacks of their aircraft, these qualities make Necron flights intenselydangerous.

>Necron pilots fly with eerie, mechanical precision. They switch formations with an efficiency impossible for creatures of flesh and blood, and have nothing to fear from extreme g-forces or even the killing vacuum of space. Their potent weapon systems unleash the primal forces of the universe upon their targets, sending enemy aircraft spiralling away wreathed in crackling green lightning, or atomising them completely.

>As flight upon flight and cohort upon cohort of these craft sweep down into battle, those destroyed simply flicker out of sight. They phase back to their point of origin to be repaired and sent out once again. With every engagement the datastacks of the Necron craft accumulate more intelligence on their enemies, turning every defeat into a learning experience. Those craft that see the greatest number of engagements become truly deadly, their millennial wisdom rendering them easily the equals of the younger races’ ace pilots in every respect. Against such a deathless, unstoppable foe, there can be no true victory, only a stay of execution at the hand of these sempiternalfoes.

-Death from Above (Necron section).
>>
File: 99120102038_WarpTalonsNEW_03.jpg (41 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
99120102038_WarpTalonsNEW_03.jpg
41 KB, 600x620
>>48038131
>>
File: test small.jpg (1 MB, 3692x1460) Image search: [Google]
test small.jpg
1 MB, 3692x1460
I hope you can see this. These are the Raging Hero back models I decided to choose in the end. The money went too quickly and I didn't want to choose White Metal materials. There are some other stuff, but basically command squads of the groups. The plan was following:

1. Sol-Sarya will be a Command Squad Celestian with a Sacred Banner (or the Relic Banner, but that's 40 points and she'll die in one hit)
2. Tremalla will be the Command Squad Hospitaller.
3. Zayra will be a Command Squad Celestian with Simulacrum Imperialis
4. Doryals will be the Diaglous (Freebie Section)
5. Sister Ardyanna will be my Canoness. (Freebie Section)
6. Santa Dolores will be, well, i dunno. Living Saint OC, using Celestines rules. I liked her model too much, took her instead of others.
7. Sister Erzebel will be another Living Saint OC, using Celestines rules.
8. War Pulpit will be a Penitent Engine OR Inquisitor Karazamov rule using OC.
9. Icarites will be Seraphim
10. Daughters of the Crucible are difficult. At first I thought Inquisitor Acolytes, but they can't all replace their chainsword with another pistol. Which leaves me with Celestians, which have both Bolt Pistol and Boltguns. Meaning I could represent them as both. I have 10 of them coming. Anybody else got a better idea?

There was loads of other models I wanted, but I resisted spending more than the amount I originally backed (which I did so only for the free stuff).

The Keeper of Secrets proxy was fantastic, there was also another potential one there as well. Some neat Inquisitors too. Plus Dark Eldar stuff. The potential Crusader proxies didn't have enough shields with to justify.
>>
>>48038433
If only it didn't have a WW1 open cockpit. With the FW bomber kit it's a decent looking thing. As it stands, not so much.
>>
>>48038494
>Greater than 50% increase in cost
>Less than 50% increase in efficacy
Thanks for the input, Cletus.
>>
>>48038749
Look, I'm not a prude or anything, but those naked models are cringey as fuck. Please at least give them some greenstuff panties.
>>
>>48038864
What naked models? There isn't any naked models.
>>
>>48038324
If we assume that a marine is fairly costed then Khorne would be 1-2 pts/model, nurgle would be 4-7 pts/model, Slaanesh would be 1-2 pts/model and Tzeentch would be 3-5 pts/model.

The reason why Khorne and Slaanesh aren´t worth much is because CC sucks on a unit that doesn´t have an open-topped transport or can move 12". There are literally no good infantry melee squads in the game, a cheap upgrade to have +1 I/A isn´t going to suddenly make melee a worthwhile aspect of the game.
>>
>>48038882
Daughters of the Crucible are bottomless and Santa Dolores is wearing literally nothing but hair.
>>
>>48038906
>He thinks JSJ isn't useful
Slaanesh is the best of the 4.
>>
Any tips and tricks on the new munitorum Metuhl Bawkses?
>>
>>48038514
its pulse bomb generator flares to life, the charge glowing brighter and brighter until it scars the eyes like a miniature star.
>S 5 AP 5 lel
Not to mention all the SM are gods shit, you can either believe that 90% of all units are improperly statted, or that the fluff bits are more or less propaganda.
>>
>>48038514
>Implying dolphins don´t feel hubris when they are eating a defeated sardine.
>>
>>48038937
Daughters of the Crucible are wearing leotards and capes. They're not naked. As for Santa Dolores, she is wearing a cloak and you see nothing of any consequence.
>>
>>48038951
I missed the part about run and gun, but it´s still only D6, but at any rate that would still mean that it is the ranged aspect and not the melee aspect that makes it worth more than 2 pts.
>>
>>48038986
They're wearing boots and cutoff t-shirts. And it's not a matter of OHMYGODWHATIFSOMEONESEESAPLASTICVAGOO, it's a matter of spending a bunch of money and waiting for months and months so you can play with naked cheesecake minis that look nothing like what they're supposed to represent.
>>
File: possessedmarines.jpg (208 KB, 1600x694) Image search: [Google]
possessedmarines.jpg
208 KB, 1600x694
>>48038131
Don't know if FW possessed have better rules, but man do they make me wish the regular ones did.

Hell, I like the GW plastic kit too, but the FW ones just makes the feeling worse.
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 610x869) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 610x869
>>48039078
They do indeed! Here's their rules.
>>
File: daughter of.jpg (167 KB, 800x1146) Image search: [Google]
daughter of.jpg
167 KB, 800x1146
>>48039044
>boots

Sorry, is that wrong?

>cutoff t-shirts

Eh?

Seems to be fine, for me, anon. But I like how you've concentrated on 'naked' models, when:

1. They're not naked

and

2. Are not the only ones on the picture.

The others wear full armour, no nudity, no cheesecake, nothing sexualised, but you concentrate on proxies which are literally Nuns With Guns.

>nothing like what they're suppose to represent

I assume you mean the 'naked' models. Correct. But this is 40k and there is scope and options for lots of things. I see no reason why an Inquisitor couldn't have Acolytes which are specifically interested in the Emperor. Dolores, granted, doesn't look like a Living Saint, but it's still useable. The fact is, SoB haven't been updated in 15 years. So I don't really want to spend vast sums of money on the most expensive models in the GW range, to get monoposed metal models.

Thanks for your opinion though.
>>
>>48039091
>no cheesecake, nothing sexualised
I'm sorry, you what? Tremalla and Erzebel are the only models there that aren't cheesecake.

>I assume you mean the 'naked' models
Mainly I was referring to the fact that apart from the two aforementioned models, there's nothing in your image that could conceivably be considered anything more than carapace armor. Enjoy your monopose resin models, anon.
>>
File: icariates.jpg (232 KB, 1280x471) Image search: [Google]
icariates.jpg
232 KB, 1280x471
>>48039163
How are these cheesecake?

And thanks, I will. Better than monopose metal models.

Also, as far as I know, ball-jointed assembly models weren't monopose, but guess they wrote the wrong description.
>>
How big is the difference in performance between a Greater Daemon and a Daemon Prince as an HQ for a daemon army with csm allies?

Plan on getting a DP first because of price but I don't mind splurging a bit if the difference in strength is big enough.
>>
>>48039163
>>48038864
>says he isn't a prude
>goes on to say models in full armour are sexualised

This is good shit anon. I love these kind of posts.
>>
>>48039078
>FW possessed have better rules
They have amazing rules.

Not only strong, but fun to play too.
>>
>>48039190
What Greater Daemon you looking at?

I seem to remember Slaanesh were quite good cause of I10 and Rending(?)? I can't remember. But I believe Nurgle DP with Black Mace(?) was a pretty solid HQ. Though I seem to remember to make a 'proper' DP you ended up putting a lot of points into it.
>>
>>48039190
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Warhammer_40,000/Tactics/Chaos_Daemons(7E)#Greater_Daemons_and_Daemon_Princes
>>
>>48039182
>>48039192
>Hurr it's not cheesecake if they're wearing clothes
Actually, that's kind of the definition of cheesecake. But hey, you know what? You do you. Go on and enjoy fapping to your tiny plastic dolls.
>>
>>48039275
Thanks
>>
>>48038131
>>
>>48039269
>Slaanesh were quite good cause of I10 and Rending
You take Slaanesh for Fleet and the +3" run move.
They have the same initiative (you are thinking the MoS) and Rending is virtually useless.

Nurgle is the most popular because shrouded gives them a 2+ jink (which you can do even on the ground).
>>
>>48039190
Try it out, proxy each DP and each GD for 2-3 games each. That´ll be 16-24 games, which might seem like a lot but if money is somewhat tight and you don´t want to have to sell the model again or use a bad unit then this is probably a good idea.

You could also make a spreadsheet with strengths and weaknesses of each build.

One thing I will say is that DPs are absolutely horrible without daemonic flight, so your time will be wasted if you try without it. But hey I´m just a guy on the internet, you could try and see if you can get some use out of a model that can take about as much firepower as 3 marines but has the price of 10.
>>
>>48039190
If you get 4 DPs it is also possible to form them into a tetrad of darkness which is fairly powerful formation.
>>
>>48039365
Is that formation in the Daemons codex?
>>
How long does it usually take for y'all to assemble a simple 10 man tac squad?

I just realized I've spent the past 4-5 hours assembling 10 CSM and I only started number 8.

I noticed that after I stopped obsessing over the mold lines and only taking car of nubs and bad mold line marks, assembly time sped up.
>>
Is there a place where I can download some pics for wargaming mats?

The guys that makes the pvc banners for my shop would print them for me at extremely low prices.
>>
File: 1341933405791.jpg (2 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
1341933405791.jpg
2 MB, 4288x2848
>>48039423
I honestly can't remember the last time I bought a kit and assemble it without making conversions.
>>
>>48039494
Chaos player here.
I'd love to do conversions but I'm still in the gathering miscellaneous bits of death, evil, and chaos before I'll be able to do things like that.
>>
I'm in the middle of building a list for a 750p mini-tournament this weekend and so far i have 2 10man tac squads in rhinos, a vindicator and a captain, and I'm thinking of dropping down to 5 man squads so I can add some termies or a contemptor dread, what do?
>>
>>48039287
>They are naked
They are not naked
>They are monopose
They arent monopose
>They are too sexy

You coud just say you are triggered by them and demand we make you a safe space, easier than running off with the goalposts.
>>
>>48039727

You'll probably need the extra troop bodies at that small point level, and they're sturdier than they are in bigger games.

Except if there are faggots cheesing Tau or Eldar or IG in the tournament, then you're screwed no matter what unless you play those armies as well.

One lucky melta or a single terminator dying will cripple that squad at 750. Meanwhile only a single tactical marine would've died and you would have 2-13 other tacticals for the points of a terminator/contemptor.
>>
>>48038954
Can a vehicle use the Fuel Siphon rule?

A Baal Predator getting Torrent on its Flamestorm Cannon gets my dick rock hard.
>>
>>48039766
That's what I was thinking, but a contemptor with a kheres asscan can throw down a lot more firepower than the marines. Hopefully the vindi will have that covered though
>>
>>48039596
What bits do you feel are worth converting?

I'm trying to make a Power-armour chaos lord on foot for a campaign, but I can't find Plastic bits that look embellished enough to fit a commander.
>>
>>48039468
Seconding this request.

Anyone know if I would be able to print up something similar at Kinko's or something?
>>
>>48039468
>>48039786

depends on the DPI the guy needs unless you want it looking like shit

what about nasa photos or something?
>>
>>48039596
>>48039782
I like my warband to have a mashup of 30k and 40k stuff.

I like the idea of a corrupted legion, and 40k CSM kits seems far too cartoony for me.
They are old and haven't age well.
>>
>>48039829
I have my eye on doing some converting work on the Plastic Aspiring Champion with some Raptor and Calth bits. Possibly make a Kharn count-as and bulk him out with some of the stuff in my bit box.

I'm simply waiting for the rumoured Thousand Sons kit in Fenris II to see if they have any tabards going for them. I'm a bloody sucker for crotch capes.
>>
>>48039754
Still can't play them in any GW store, enjoy your tiny plastic cheesecake
>>
>>48039859
>Still can't play them in any GW store

if your manager is strict and you are taking the piss everytime you play at the store, then yeah you probably can't

if you support the store and don't piss them off, many mangers will turn a blind eye to a few of them
>>
>>48039859
>GW store
Good riddance, GW stores are cesspits where children and the people that noone will play voulentarily congeal.
>>
>>48039859
>Still can't play them in any GW store

How is this even a problem? I think I have played a grand total of four games in a GW store, three of which were one the same day during a tournament. Everything else was at private locations of at the local nonGW FLGS.
>>
>>48039873
Not to be That Guy, but you sure those models fit in 40k?

I don't mean size wise, I mean aesthetically.

To me, they look much more inline with Infinity's range than anything in 40k.
Hell, they look more like those huge AoS models than they do 40k.
>>
>>48039859
>B-but muh third party ban
Really scraping the bottom now, you just need "objectively bad models" for a bingo
>>
>>48039895
there is a faction that literally goes around in clown pattern liveries, another has tittybitch demons as standard, its not really outside 40k that people want to look sexy as fuck when they inevitably get killed by whatever horror is next for them
>>
>>48039895
You might haveq point, they don't look like Slovenian transsexual weightlifters, so they don't fit in with GW females.
>>
File: QNQ4LQ4.jpg (65 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
QNQ4LQ4.jpg
65 KB, 1920x1080
>>48038749
>Keeper of Secrets proxy was fantastic
>>
>>48039916
Compare the models of the Harlequins to what you wanna use as proxies.

Just the difference in the level of detail makes these seem quite odd compared to literally every other miniature in 40k.

It'd be like fielding modern day Dark Eldar or Skitarii, models with a lot of detail, versus Rogue Trader SM or the original 'nid models.
It just would look wierd.

They don't fit on the table.

>ts not really outside 40k that people want to look sexy as fuck when they inevitably get killed by whatever horror is next for them

I never mentioned the sexual appeal of the models, I was more talking about the level of detail and poses of the model. It doesn't fit with 40k.

I'm not the retard who was ragging on them for being oversexualized, I just don't think they fit with 40k for other reasons.

>>48039929
As sarcastic as this anon is being, it really is the point I'm trying to get across.

Almost everything in 40k is ugly or crude.

If you field something that's not like that it just won't fit in.
>>
>>48039384
War Zone Fenris supplement.
>>
>>48039981
Thank you
>>
>>48039727
You are very lacking in anti-vehicle.

I would recommend sniper scouts or just regular scouts, melta/grav vets in a pod, grav devs or cents led by a librarian using divination tanking a single wound for the devs before hiding in the back. Alternatively you could go for a fulmination (angels of death supplement) libra podding in with vets.

By not taking any vehicles you can game the system and make your opponent´s anti-vehicle next to worthless. Although you could just max out on grav guns inside rhinos.
>>
File: khorneBone1.jpg (103 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
khorneBone1.jpg
103 KB, 450x450
>>48039979
Don't knock RTera model details mang.
>>
Had my first game in years with a friend who wanted to learn the game. Sneaky fuck immediately realised that Dark Eldar weapons outranged everything my Orks had and continued to back his venom up while taking chunks out of my Shoota Boys and burnas.
Really fun game though, the Warboss almost Single handedly took out his wych squad with Hekatrex and Archon after my Nobz ate a metric ton of wych/agoniser attacks. Really wish he was a bit more agressive with his Talos, I wanted to see if my shoota blob could take it in combat if they got the charge.
I resisted the urge to take a unit of Loota's since they would be an incredibly hard counter for Deldar in a 550 point game.
>>
>>48040047
>Don't knock RTera model details mang.
I'm not, I was more saying they have a style all their own and that some modern day 40k models don't fit with them aesthetically.
>>
>>48039916
Not to mention, the IoM is the kinda place to puts boob plates on power armour and has assassin cults in fetish wear.
>>
>>48040068
I see what you're saying and the infinity comparison is spot on but I don't think it would bother me that much since they at least look great.
>>
>>48040121
>I don't think it would bother me that much since they at least look great
While this would be a perfectly valid reason to collect them for yourself, it might bother an opponent. I personally wouldn't care, but some autists or grognards might.

It might be a good way to screen your opponents now that I think about it.
>>
So speaking of third party shit you can't use in a GW store, I finally went and did it.

I blew about 97 dollarydoos to slap together about 30 of these. Just need a few Rhinos and I've got myself an SoB army. One of those decisions that I didn't think through on purpose because I needed a project.
>>
>>48040205
I've been thinking about doing the same, but I've never bought a Dreamforge product.

How good of models are these? Are the moldiness quite thick, the pieces brittle, poorly cast, etc.

Any words of wisdom?
>>
>>48038864
Kill yourself my man.
>>
File: image.gif (1 MB, 300x191) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1 MB, 300x191
>>48039859
>triggered by the raging heroes models
>plays in a GW store
>>
>>48040248
I forgot to specify, not my model in the pic. Nothing has arrived in the mail yet.

Judging from the look of the pics I've seen, it seems lighter, cheaper and softer. Doubt it's and springy and GW stuff, but it's all speculation. I'll probably start dumping in /wip/ once I get going and confirm whether or not my suspicions are true.

One thing I've noted though, is comparisons with SM, they're just about as big, and with their original heads a slight bit taller, but the statuesque heads seem to make them shorter than original.

I figured I'd just say it's a bulkier more primitive/cheaper pattern of power armour.
>>
>>48037775
you say that as if johnny isn't a forced meme too

/40kg/ is almost nothing but forced memes
>>
File: aaa.jpg (126 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
aaa.jpg
126 KB, 800x800
>>48039192
Well he's not wrong, models in full armour can be sexualized. You could easily argue that GW SoB are sexualized.

Not that I don't think he's over reacting. I mean, at least it isn't pic related. Which I actually think are pretty cool and they look fun to paint. Funnily enough, I was gonna post them earlier and lament that I really liked them but figured I probably shouldn't bring them to the table, just to go check out the site and see they have made a slightly more modest version.
>>
>>48040205
>>48040248
>>48040358
Similar here, i've built a Scions/Renegades/ZM Solar Auxilia army out of two boxes of stormtroopers and a box of female stormtroopers, mixed in with various models i already own. Each army has its own unique vehicles and characters, but the troops for each can be swapped around easily-Valkyries, beastmen and artillery with spikes and ten poweraxe dudes respectively. The materiel is light, but not particularly softer, and its fairly easy to work with. Really good cast, at least for all the infantry, and detail was great. Really nice models and price in dollarydoos leaves GW prices in the dirt three times over or better. Even in the FLGS they sell 20 of these dudes for the same price as five Scions at GW
>>
>>48040441
> ERRYTHANG sexualized
> this excuses PUFFY VULVA

I can smell your neckbeard funk over TCP/IP.
>>
File: The real threat.jpg (123 KB, 614x476) Image search: [Google]
The real threat.jpg
123 KB, 614x476
>>48038983
>>
>>48039754
>They are not naked

Good thing that's the opposite of his argument.
>>
>>48040612
His latest post yes, hence the moving goalposts comment.

>Look, I'm not a prude or anything, but those naked models are cringey as fuck. Please at least give them some greenstuff panties.

From naked to skimpy to sexualized to monopose to cheesecake to useless third party.
>>
Anyone know how good kromlech minis are?

They seem like good daemon and ork figures even though their bases are kind of small.
>>
>>48040582
>oh no, in losing an argument!
>I know, il call him a neck beard!
KYS
>>
>>48038187
Holy shit. I have a necron and a tau army that both need flyers.

Thanks gdubs!
>>
>>48040711
Good at what
>>
>>48040732
In terms of the material and sculpt quality
>>
>>48039313
I kinda wanna build those, and I'm not even really a space marines guy
>>
>>48040731
Imagine my delight to see the bundle with Ork, Eldar flyers AND Deff Skwadron comic.
>>
>>48040582
I'm not saying it excuses anything, I'm saying Raging Heroes isn't anywhere as bad as what else is out there, and that things don't have to be naked to be sexualized.

Calm your tits. Pretty bold accusing others of being autistic neckbeards when you're sperging out over miniatures.
>>
>>48038324
Nurgle is still best. +1 Toughness is really good.

Honestly I don't really like Marks of Chaos modifying stats. I do like your Tzeentch mark

Khorne: ???
Nurgle: Feel No Pain & Poisoned (5+) for both melee and shooting
Slaanesh: ???
Tzeentch: +1 to invulnerable save or 5++, reroll 1's to hit
>>
>>48040754
Material is good and they are very flash free, only issues are their style with tusks and whatnot at risk of breaking off.
>>
How do Forge World justify using such a shitty resin instead of plastic? I mean, it's far from Finecast, but it's fragile, full of casting issues, hard to work with and overpriced even compared to mainline GW. Are they just gouging us on using a cheap as shit material?
>>
>>48040855
A spincast mold for plastic cost up to 20 times more than resin molds.

Will you buy FW at similarly increased prices?
Gw makes it work because of bulk sale.
>>
>>48040855
of course they are, they are supposed to sell "rare" units and charge whatever the fuck they want
>>
>>48040910
Resin casting on the other hand is comsiddrable more labour intensive and is done mostly by hand.
>>
>>48040535
Cool, thanks for the info. Back when I compared prices, I estimated that I'd get about three times as many models than with GW SoB.

Mostly I just wanted an army that could actually be posed as such.
>>
>>48040995
While Scions are amazing models, i couldnt justify shelling out four times as much for them for models slightly better than dreamforge. For SoB and their ass models? No brainer, let alone the price difference. Posing can be a pain, but the models do look really good. The only models i own that are significantly better in terms of quality are FW Auxilia and the whole future dieselpunk thing they have going
>>
>>48040763
I like modifying statlines to help break up the monotony of 4's present in MEQ statlines.

I'm not really concerned with one mark or the other being more powerful, so long as they're roughly balanced in terms of point cost.
>>
File: 1466559895402.jpg (88 KB, 774x920) Image search: [Google]
1466559895402.jpg
88 KB, 774x920
Anyone else suffered from the problem of finding pretty much all of the armies cool, and don't know which to start with?

except space marines god FUCK space marines they're so BORING
>>
>>48041150
Mine was pretty easy, friend asked if I wanted to go halves on a dark vengeance. I got chaos and been a chaos player ever since.
>>
>>48040762
>you're sperging out over miniatures.
>he says as he masturbates furiously to little dollies
People don't play these games so you can smear your cum soaked, misogynistic bullcrap in their faces.

If you wanna jerk off on these in private you have the right but it's the hideous basement dwellers like you that come into stores and intimidate people with you're stench that are keeping this hobby so backward.
>>
>>48041150
Tell me what you're looking for, famalam.

>>48041172
>and been a chaos player ever since.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
>>
What is included in the digital Wulfen edition of Codex Space Wolves? Does it include stuff from the Champions of Ferris supplement and Curse of the Wulfen campaign book?
>>
>>48041211
I like horde armies and casters
>>
>>48041216
Yes.
>>
File: file.png (26 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
file.png
26 KB, 500x275
>>48041178
You seem awfully fixated on other people jerking off.
Just because *you* can't look at those minis without a naughty tingle in your winkie doesn't make everyone else as aroused by the plastic dolls.

Also
>misogynistic
>bullcrap
>intimidate people
>keeping this hobby so backward

2/10
>>
>>48041216
This codex contains:
– 42 datasheets covering every model in the Space Wolves range, including the ferocious Wulfen
– 14 formation datasheets providing you with new ways to organise your models
– The Wolf Claw Strike Force detachment, a dynamic and customisable way to turn your collection into an army
– All the special rules and wargear rules for the Sons of Fenris
>>
>>48041246
Chaos Marines can get a lot of guys + daemon summoning and wizards.

If you get the new cultist + champion guy box you could use him as a Sorcerer
>>
>>48041246
What about a renegade militia with a fuckton of rogue psykers?
>>
>>48041246
Daemons are both horde and casters.
Heck with Daemons your horde can ALSO be casters.
>>
>>48041336
In all seriousness though, Raging Heroes' stuff has pretty much been pinup material since forever. Their upcoming stuff has a bunch of figures that can pass for something else as well, but let's not pretend that sculpting sexy ladies isn't their MO.
>>
>>48041397
Fuckin Tzeentch, 32 power dice in a 1500 point game...
>>
>>48041246
Say no more, daemons it is.

In a setting where everyone is just prey how would you like to play the predator?
Daemons are immortal horrors from beyond reality, born from the subconscious of all living creatures they flat out ignore the laws of reality their prey depend on.

How would like to play the faction that has basic troops with statlines that the elite options of other armies can only envy?
The faction that has the best, cheapest AND most numerous spell casters in the game?
The faction with basic infantry able to survive a direct hit from the most devastating attacks in the game?
The faction that can afford all that and still swarm the enemy with twice as many models as they have?
That have the strongest characters in the game?
If you answered yes then Daemons of chaos are the faction for you!

By the way they have no idea what guns are so I hope ya not fond of shooting.
>>
>>48041397
Is that mostly just Tzeentch models or what? I know Khorne isn't big on casters in the lore but what about on the table? etc

What kind of models would I be looking at to start collecting Chaos?
>>
>>48041433
You sold me honestly
>By the way they have no idea what guns are so I hope ya not fond of shooting.
Perfect
>>
>>48041439
Khorne daemons don't have psychic powers at all, Khorne Daemonkin on the other hand have blood tithes which is kind of like psychic powers.

Basically killing units or having units killed gets you 'warp charges' which you can use on powers
>>
>>48041178
If the smelly neckbeards keep crybaby faggots like you away, I'll gladly tolerate it.
>>
>>48041410
There's a difference between guns and "guns" models and then stuff like say Wargame Exclusives "tits and ass out, cyber-ginas deployed" models.
>>
>>48041439
Tzeentch's basic troops are casters.

Khorne has no ability to get Psykers, but all non-named HQ of Nurgle and Slaanesh (and of course Tzeentch) have the option of becoming a Psyker.

Daemons also get the ability to take four Heralds (smaller Leaders) in a single slot, allowing you to take a ton of Psychic units.
>>
>>48041410
I don't see how thats a problem though, they will make what they want to make and it will be bought by people who like it

if someone else gets offended because they see a little more ungor flesh on a model than their mind can handle, then thats their problem
>>
>>48041439
Starting chaos depends on what route you wanna go.

Chaos space marines? Get a Chaos Lord with a couple of troops and a rhino if you can afford it.

Daemons? Probably best off with some lesser demons and a Daemon Prince. Next major unit being a Soul Grinder.
>>
>>48041450
Well the is some shooting but not much, a few demon engines, Khorne has a skull cannons, Tzeentch has flametrower demons, Nurlge can throw rotten heads full of plague flies and Slaanesh has a living meat-whip. but no plain guns and nothing for the "grunts"
>>
>>48041439
All of them are big on caster except khorne who isn't allowed them, you can just mix gods and have Tzeentch casters and khorne fighters.
Ignore the people who say mixed god armies go against the fluff, they happen all the time.
>>
>>48041439
Here's my 1k Tzeentch list

--- Tzeentch Daemons - 1000pts ---
-- ObjSec --
>HQ
Herald of Tzeentch: Disk, ML3, Paradox - 145
Herald of Tzeentch: Disk, ML2, GoTN - 125

>Troops
12x Pink Horrors: Icon - 118
12x Pink Horrors - 108
12x Pink Horrors - 108

>Fast Attack
9x Screamers - 225

>Heavy Support
Soul Grinder: DoT, PB - 170
--999/1000pts
>>
>>48041512
lesser daemons ... like what? what's the bread and butter?

heralds of X, bloodletters, horrors?
>>
File: ilsa.jpg (172 KB, 685x1004) Image search: [Google]
ilsa.jpg
172 KB, 685x1004
>>48041496
Looking through their store there does seem to be some pretty decent non-pinup stuff on offer now.
>>
>>48041569
Depends on what kind of army you want to play honestly, they all work fine.
>>
>>48039313
How are cent devies bad? Cant tell how many times grav cents have been invaluable
>>
>>48041566
Thanks for this. How do you tend to deploy?
>>
>>48041592
I think he means the opposite, meaning shit models and awesome rules.
>>
>>48041592
i think he trie to do a joke and did a reversal
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (67 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
67 KB, 1280x960
I'm a guard player, and I'm seeing some Hellhounds for cheap on ebay right now.

Are any of the variants good? I don't have much room left in my current chest and I'm hesitant to buy a second one just yet.
>>
>>48041569
Really depends. All lesser daemons are good
>Bloodletters
Strong vs Space Marines
>Plaguebearers
Slow and tanky
>Daemonettes
Fast and deadly (in close combat)
>Pink Horrors
Psykers with the ability to either shoot magic missiles or summon additional daemons.

I kinda agree with >>48041512
Grab a Daemon Prince and a box or two of the lesser Daemons.

Again, all lessers are good (with Bloodletters probably being the weakest).

Since you've stated you like casters I'd recommend the following:

1× Daemon Prince box
1× Pink Horrors of Tzeentch box
1× Daemonettes of Slaanesh box

Gives you a couple psykers. (Pink Horrors and Daemon Princes)
>>
>>48041623
All have merit.
>>
>>48041595
Heralds go with the Screamers to make an insanely fast unit that can kill vehicles/MCs
2 of the Horror squads deploy in cover, 1 in reserve just in case
Soul Grinder moves V. slowly up the field and uses the Cannon when it can
>>
>>48041623
stock hellhounds are good, but fragile

taking one isn't much of an investment, and if people leave it alone they're going to lose units
>>
>>48041512
>>48041642
Worth mentioning that if money's not an issue greater daemon is also a very solid HQ choice instead of a Daemon Prince but if it's something you want to get a feel for I'd still recommend the Daemon Prince.
>>
>>48041642
Any acceptable alternatives to Daemonettes?
>>
>>48041676
True, but I like Daemon Princes first because the one model can be a Daemon Prince of any god. (Giving him/her time to find the exact playstyle/army they want, which once determined a Greater Daemon can make the Prince a Heavy Support)
>>
>>48041683
Bloodletters if you want to keep an offensive approach. Although it would be weird in terms of fluff

Plaguebearers if you want a more durable unit.
>>
>>48041683
What do you mean? Not a fan of their models?
>>
>>48041704
Khorne hates Slaanesh and Tzeentch hates Nurgle. Khorne is really pissed that Slaanesh devotees are murdering for fun and not because of RAAEEG!
>>
>>48041718
Right, got them mixed up there
>>
>>48041709
Yeah, not really

captcha: 420
>>
>>48041742
Not a big expert on alternate Daemon models, but you can always sub in a different box of lesser daemons.
>>
>>48041742
There are new formations favouring the use of a single god so you might actually be better off starting with 2 units of Horrors or the start collecting khorne or start collecting Nurgle both of which will save you some money, at the cost of not having an entirely optimized army.
>>
>>48041756
Sub in, as in use a different type of lesser daemons.
>>
>>48041648
>>48041661

Okay, maybe I should ask in terms of numbers. On a scale of 1 (Rough Riders) to 10 (Wyverns) where does each variant of the Hellhound fall?

I know cover hate is mighty good these days but the template's rather weak to deal with MEQ unless you take the Banewolf, which is so close-ranged it'll likely only get off one shot.
>>
Does /tg/ weigh their models down?
I personally use Das modelling clay on all my <32mm bases - gives them a little extra something to balance them out

Used it on bigger bases, but there isn't enough surface area to stick there
>>
>>48041765
Say I went with the start collecting Khorne one, where'd I go from there? A Prince? Someone mentioned a Soul Grinder
>>
>>48041780
Prince or a Bloodthrister is a solid choice.
A Soulgrinder couldn't hurt either.

Basically the Start Collecting: Khorne gives you a solid foundation of an army, but no real toy (which any of the top three can fill)
>>
>>48041778
Bit if blue-tac on the underside of the base if they're top heavy/weighted in a particular direction.
>>
>>48041778
sometimes, i put old arcade tokens on the bottoms of a few pink horrors
>>
>>48041780
A prince and another box of basic infantry and you've got yourself an army.

If you buy the khorne set you will have choose what to build the chariot as, if you're not going extremely khorne heavy I would recommend the cannon and putting the herald on foot or even on a jugganaut if you can get more of them.
>>
>>48041802
>>48041836
You think anyone will get anal over using Be'lakor's model over a regular Prince? He looks great

Also thanks for all your help guys
>>
File: 1566265248364.jpg (38 KB, 720x621) Image search: [Google]
1566265248364.jpg
38 KB, 720x621
>Parents call my models toys
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
What terrain do you guys use? The GW stuff is way too pricey and I don't have a store to play at so I whipped these up yesterday for a game last night. Ghetto as he'll but it got the job done.
>>
File: belakor.jpg (383 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
belakor.jpg
383 KB, 640x640
>>48041852
go for it
>>
>>48039886
How do I got about migrating from a GW to a LGS? its nice and quiet in the GW story and gets a few people in regularly
>>
>>48041889
>playing on the floor where models can get stepped on
YOU FOOL

YOU FOOLISH FOOL
>>
>>48041889
that fencing is pretty good anon, chuck on some gravel and it should look great

>>48041897
go there and buy paint or someshit and then just ask when the gamesnights are
>>
>>48041778
I bought a few packs of cheap lead fishing weights from wal-mart, the crushed them with a pair of pliers (where it's smooth, so they end up like little discs) and I glues them to the underside with some cheap glues called E6000 I found in the craft aisle.

The discs are small enough to place them in bases that have provisions for holes or slots, and are perfect for adding a bit of counterweight or just to weight down models for a better feel.

The 1/44th ounce weights are like .7 grams on my scale, so it's easy to add 2 to 3 grams.
>>
>>48041919
>go there and buy paint or someshit and then just ask when the gamesnights are
Ive done that on multiple occasions are the guy told, I shit you not:
>Most people dont play 40k or sigmar here, only fantasy. The most played game here is MTG flames of war and infinity, if you want to play 40k I recommend you go to(gw im trying to get out of) youll definitely find more people there
Theres no escape
>>
>>48041897
My FLGS has a 40k league every so often. Makes it easy to show up and meet new folks, or learn the game in general.

Plus it's a huge incentive to paint, since they count "hobby points" as well, and your points are later turned into raffle tickets for gift cards and such.
>>
>>48041953
in that case you need to find a different store or stick with the GW one, or maybe search for a group online or some shit
>>
>>48041953
>>only fantasy.

goddamn im jealous
>>
>>48041953
only problems I have with my local GW is they mostly play Tau and my casual lists get eaten alive sometimes. they're a friendly bunch of kids, they know my name (probably because i'm the only black guy who goes there, go figure), and sometimes i spend the day there gaming then grabbing lunch with them

there is a well known LGs 2 hours away though i may have made an enemy or awkward situation, but that's neither here nor there
>>
>>48041991
>(probably because i'm the only black guy who goes there, go figure),
lol, admittedly you are going to be somewhat distinct in this hobby.
>>
>>48041914
>he doesn't play floor hammer
Gonna look into making a cheap table next payday. Gonna build it so I can screw off the legs for storage. Bye bye bruised knees!
>>
>>48041914
>>48042044
I'd be down for floorhammer if I didnt have dogs running around.
>>
>>48037643
Because at least Johnny is painted, based, had all his mold lines removed, and doesn't have blindingly obvious gaps.
Get gud at modeling faggot
>>
>>48042036
yeah that's probably it. though i have garnered looks from having a good paint job and my army has a lot of metal
>>
>>48041802
Go with the bloodthirster, if you decide to go with Khorne Daemonkin (which you can also use as allies) the Bloodthirster can be summoned with Blood Tithe points, or if you use daemonology where as the Prince will be useless unless you include him in your army.
>>
File: HG_Wells_playing_to_Little_Wars.jpg (211 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
HG_Wells_playing_to_Little_Wars.jpg
211 KB, 500x351
>>48042085
fuck, forgot pic
>>
>>48042105
What do you play?

dont tell me it's orks
>>
>>48041411
Yeah,but next to no non-Psychic shooting or CC units.
>>
>>48039859
Not everyone wants to or can play in a GW store, anon.
>>
File: 2016-05-24 23.52.00.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-24 23.52.00.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>48042143
daemons actually
>>
>>48041852
People will be relieved that you aren't using him as Be'lakor.
>>
>>48039859
HAHAHA wait your serious?
Who gives a fuck? Who exactly plays in those tiny shit holes anymore?
>>
File: top-paint-job.jpg (31 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
top-paint-job.jpg
31 KB, 800x600
How's my paint job guys?
>>
File: iss.jpg (138 KB, 573x592) Image search: [Google]
iss.jpg
138 KB, 573x592
>>48041178
>cum soaked, misogynistic bullcrap

Lemme guess - nothing but male power fantasies for you?
>>
>>48040603
God. Is this for real?
>>
>>48039086
Oh Forgeworld you scamp, with your 50 point tax for a character.
>>
>>48041178

There's a place called tumblr that might be right up your alley (not a rape threat).
>>
>>48042272
Dolphins don't play around, Anon. There's a dolphin that lives in the Amazon that's pink and eats piranhas. Presumably those dolphins are also rapists.
>>
>>48042272
no, but dolphins are known to kill and rape other sea creatures for fun. they also tend to take pleasure in ganging up on sharks
>>
>>48042315
That isn't exclusive to Dolphins. Killer Whales also kill sharks for fun. They know how to drown sharks. One shark was tagged and swam from Californa to Hawaii just to get away from Orcas in the area if I remember correctly.
>>
>>48042280
To be fair, the Dark Martyr has a statline equivalent to an HQ.
>>
>>48042358
it's 1W/A/Ld over the others, hardly worth a 2½ times the normal cost.
>>
>>48042350
how... how the fuck do you drown a shark? the ocean does not fuck around
>>
>>48042315
Other sea creatures. Fuck why aren't they just raping, you know, OTHER dolphins? That's so gross
>>
>>48042394
Pin them down, only a few shark are capable ro "breathing" water over their gills manually, the rest rely on forward motion.
>>
>>48042405
>Fuck why aren't they just raping, you know, OTHER dolphins?

Dolphins are so horny a species they're almost always up for a round, makes rape tricky.
>>
File: image.jpg (228 KB, 1000x665) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228 KB, 1000x665
>>48042394
It's rather simple. Sharks have to keep moving to stay alive, and if they stop moving they'll drown. Orcas basically hold sharks down and let nature takes its course. And yes the ocean doesn't play around. Thankfully God decided to hide everything Jesus thought of as a child in the deeper parts of the oceans. They still hang on his fridge though.
>>
>>48042169
Radical
>>
>>48042432
I should use goblin sharks if I ever run an oceanic campaign.
>>
>>48042432
Man, if i'd discovered that thing Id've called it the "Clitorfish".
>>
>>48042249
Isn't there a comic with a model like this?
>>
>>48042475
turn signals on a landraider
>>
File: 1466202273868.jpg (72 KB, 720x690) Image search: [Google]
1466202273868.jpg
72 KB, 720x690
>>48042249
What the fuck is that paint?

Are you painting ARMOR, or paper mache?
Thicker.
>>
>>48042432
The picture of this thing doesn't actually do it justice, because the most terrifying thing about it is that because its mouth sort of hangs below its snout like that, it's "disjointed" and will extend forward when the shark eats something. Hard to explain without a gif but it's fucking satani
>>
So I wanted to start up a daemon army, and was wondering where in the daemon codex I would find the "D-thirster" and other bloodthirster types, there is only one I have found in the codex. Are there other books with even more daemons? If so, which ones?
>>
File: thic.gif (54 KB, 576x256) Image search: [Google]
thic.gif
54 KB, 576x256
>>48042497
probably canvas paint with a lot of layers and then sealed
>>
>>48042454
>>48042462
It's sad that they die after two in captivity, but perhaps something so sinful can't live within the light. Or you know pressure differences.
>>48042525
I've seen a picture of one doing that. I think they'd sue if they saw Aliens or Prometheus.
>>
>>48042280
As far as I know, all HH units are priced that way, with additional members being cheaper than the initial squad. It's to encourage larger units, and it's sensible from a design standpoint. In 40k, taking another unit is often the better option relative to adding more dudes to an existing unit.
>>
>>48042525
>>48042549
Here kids, have a gif.
good luck sleeping, or being in the ocean ever
>>
>>48042561
it's just funny to see the difference in game design from forgeworld and gw.
>>
>>48042588
YES, that is exactly the gif I saw. Holy fuck nature
>>
>>48042529
Variant Thirsters were in a White Dwarf, Curse of the Wulfen, and the Incursion Edition Daemons e-codex.
>>
>>48042645
>>48042588
it would be awesome if GW got inspired by this and some deep sea monsters, but idk if it would fit any of the armies. maybe nids?
>>
>>48042682
there is a nid frozen in a lake on fenris if i remember correctly
>>
>>48042682
I think the real issue would stem from the fact that there is a severe lack of aquatic anything in warhammer.

The game needs a supplement like cities of death (or maybe a campaign book) dedicated exclusively to under water battles, wars, creatures, cities, etc.
>>
File: 155fire[1].jpg (312 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
155fire[1].jpg
312 KB, 1500x1000
So as a Guard player, I got into the army for two reasons: tanks and artillery.

Tanks are lovely, and I'm acquiring them as I go, but artillery are a bit of a stranger land, mostly because a lot of them try to do the same thing.

To my knowledge, the guard units that offer indirect fire are:

>Mortar team
>Heavy Mortar/Griffon
>Thudd gun/Wyvern
>Basilisk/Earthshaker Carriage
>Colossus
>Manticore/Deathstrike

I own a manticore, two wyverns, and a basilisk, working on my second basilisk at the moment (in non-FW games I get my arty on by running the Emperor's Wrath formation). How do the other pieces rate?
>>
>>48040205
What bits did you use for the head? This may be the alternative i've been looking for to get into a sisters army.
>>
File: ork sub.png (555 KB, 904x2076) Image search: [Google]
ork sub.png
555 KB, 904x2076
>>48042743
actually there's a few references to it. IG chimeras are amphibious so they ignore water terrain, land raiders can operate underwater and i believe crisis suits can do it as well. oh and there's an old ork superheavy based on a water bottle. nids of course can adapt to the environment quite easily. i wouldn't be surprised if daemons could easily fight in water
>>
>>48042735
>a nid frozen

Old one Eye was frozen on Ultramar

Fenris has a sea full of giant sea-serpents that may well be tyrranoform beasts.
>>
File: Imperial_Armour_01.png (414 KB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Imperial_Armour_01.png
414 KB, 1360x768
>>48042767
You forgot Forgeworld artilleries. And hoo boy there are lot of them.
>>
>>48042735
The kraken. They live in the oceans of fenris, reaching up to five miles in body length, with tentacles up to 20 miles long. While it is uncertain their orgin, a 50 foot piece o flesh that the space wolves claim to be from the father of all kraken was tested and proved to be tyranid in orgin. However, the kraken predate all known tyranids in the galaxy

According to legend, the primarch leman russ caught the father of all kraken while fishing, and, thinking the creature was a mere baby, threw it back, saying he would catch it later when it was fully grown.
This story is a reference to the legned of thor at a frost giants feast, when, as thor helps the giant catch fish for food, he catches jormungandr, and is about to kill it before the frost giant cuts it loose, much to thor's anger.
>>
>>48042767
Master of Ordnance. 20pts. for a basilisk? Yes please.
>>
>>48042801
Or we could just make a version of these horrible monsters in space. Essentially have a flyer with a "melee" attack. Get fucked ground troops. Even if you make it land based it'd be horrifying. Definitely a demon or a nid.
>>
>>48042853
Wasn't the father of kraken determined to be a hive tyrant or some shit?
>>
>>48042801
That's the main issue really. They hint at it, but never expand on the concept.

Like who really uses enough aquatic terrain for the chimera's rule to really matter? And hell, from what we've seen, many planets are like earth: more water than land. Yet barely anything related to it in the game rules.
>>
>>48042767
Well general world is

Griffon is what you took before the Wyvern existed.

Colossues is ranked meh

Manticore is hit or miss, once you've shot your rocker you're ourt Deathstrike is a Gimmick, it may murder or it may do nothing.

Mortar team... Wyvern does better work if the same point are put in both.
>>
>>48042530
I'm guilty of this, for being a dumbass that wanted non-codex company colors for my Raptors. It took me quite a few trips to the Purple Power before I finally decided in midnight blue for my first company, even now I'm still regretting it since midnight blue is a bitch to paint.

At least I don't have a model like the one in the comics.,
>>
File: first model painted.jpg (696 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
first model painted.jpg
696 KB, 1536x2048
>>48042906
my first model wasn't nearly as pretty either
>>
File: image.jpg (228 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
228 KB, 1680x1050
Since we're talking about the oceans and their sinful monsters I might as make it 40k related. I'm currently in the process of creating an ocean world named Mariana III that's 100% my attempt at surrealism, 56% gaseous with ammonia and sulphuric(plus other gases and fluids) super storms, 100% death world, and 102% Fabio and Bowie if Fabio and Bowie were grimdark oceans filled with grimdark things, and 100% Subnatica on acid. The planet is famous for having a rare unobtainium that makes it worthwhile, having a population filled with scientists, flying sharks that live in the more gaseous parts of the planet known as Blimp Sharks, and psychic sharks.

The planet was colonized by scientists tasked with unlocking the mysteries of psychic powers as humanity had encountered many races with psykers. The Marianas choose their planet because of the psychic wildlife and to see if living on the planet would cause psychic powers. They did find on day 1 that the Dolphins were malevolent creatures. Not every fish is psychic, but the usual is deeper you go down into the oceans the more psychic, sentient and malicious the wildlife are going to end up. Every 1000 years fully sentient and psychic Frilled and Goblin Sharks known as the Deep Ones and Emmisaries of the Deep in service to the stronger psychic ocean life in the darkest depths rise up to proclaim that their masters will cause great carnage soon. The Greater Deep Ones as they're called have a limit to their bloodshed. If they kill all the Marianas then how else are they going to revel in the blood and terror of scientists?

The psychic sharks are regarded as obnoxious idiots who feel the need to scream this into the minds of everything constantly http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zrB2_zqJQJU
>>48042588
Joke's on you. I know we have no place in the ocean.
>>
>>48042881
>why aren't there rules to use my terrestrial models in aquatic engagements?
>>
>>48041623

midtier. Not awful, not great. The real problem is that better options exist, not that they are themselves bad.
>>
File: bombard.jpg (106 KB, 647x932) Image search: [Google]
bombard.jpg
106 KB, 647x932
>>48042822
>>
File: field artillery battery IA1.2.jpg (84 KB, 596x876) Image search: [Google]
field artillery battery IA1.2.jpg
84 KB, 596x876
>>48043033

most are out of date, though - ah yes, Guess weapons. Takes me back.
>>
>>48042960
Dark Heresy basically has a Call of Cthulhu planet in it.
95% ocean, worship the emperor as a great god beneath the sea. Then that turns to human sacrifice, then they find out there is a giant xeno monstrosity in the ocean deeps.
>>
>>48042993
>space marines
>chimeras
>land raiders
>terrestrial
>>
>>48042888
>Manticore is hit or miss, once you've shot your rocker you're out
the deathstrike gimmick is only having one rocket.
The Manticore can fire 4 times. Each of those four is 1d3 rolls.

And while 4 shots is still a limit, if you've gotten 4 shots off, you're happy because you expect it to get shot down. As it's AV12.

The hit or miss is the d3 and the scatter, but it makes things go boom. Add in twin linked and ignore cover from emperors wrath and it's basically golden.
>>
>>48043088
Huh. I might have to check that out. As for the sect for muh special snowflakes they worship the Emperor as the ultimate sailor and scientist.
>>
>>48043033
Bombard = Colossus.
>>
>>48043033
what the bombard update would be is shown in the 30k solar auxilia.
Yes, 30k, but the gun has the same name.
>>
>>48043145
There is also a Hastur/King in Yellow reference, which is pretty brought up more than once. And a passing reference to The Gate of the Silver Key in Disciples of the Dark Gods.
>>
>>48042921
looks like a bubblebum bubble popped all over him
>>
Was there a canon chapter specialised in fighting in oceanic worlds or did I dream of it?
>>
>>48042151
Have fun getting there when they have fate weaver and two other lords of change.
>>
>>48043420
Technically all of them, given that space marines can breathe underwater. Triple Lungs that double as gills after all. And bolters work underwater(By a logical extension of working in Hard Vacuum).
>>
>>48043420
Reverse Salamanders
>>
File: Skarbrand.jpg (197 KB, 695x813) Image search: [Google]
Skarbrand.jpg
197 KB, 695x813
Post favorite named characters.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 77

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.