[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mythras/Runequest 6 Classic Fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 180255.jpg (219 KB, 404x524) Image search: [Google]
180255.jpg
219 KB, 404x524
Anyone have this? Pic related.

Anyone try is? How is it?
>>
>>48017743
I'm waiting to buy it when Mythras comes out, but I have not played it. I am assuming it is good because the team behind it is amazing and the preview makes it look worth buying.

I'm definitely getting impatient for the Mythras release because this book though.
>>
>>48017817
How different is Mythras going to be from RQ6? The way I understood it was that it only smoothed a few things out; no drastic changes.
>>
File: Mythras Imperative Lite.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Mythras Imperative Lite.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>48017849
Cleaned up formatting, all errata, rules clarifications, adding firearms into core, etc.

I just want to buy the new book after seeing the free book's new formatting. It looks like a much better reference.
>>
I've skimmed the free PDF available from TDM. In addition to smoothing over some of the mechanics from RQ6 they have generalized the whole system. It supposedly can now be placed in any genre, from (as we see here) Classic Fantasy, to 1920's noir, to Space Adventure.

Of course this isn't gurps, it was designed with Glorantha in mind, if not in the rules. So I'm not convinced how it will translate to other places and times.
>>
>>48018403
Other than missing skills, the firearms rules are too good not to use.
>>
>>48018429
Just rechecked, I dont see what firearms rules you are talking about. Unless you mean the very small mention for a couple of extremely generalized firearm types at the bottom of the ranged weapons chart. And I would hardly call those "too good not to use"
>>
>>48018523
Pretty sure he's talking about some of the new Special effects, like Pin Down, and Marksman.
>>
>>48018398
Hm, yeah this formatting does seem pretty nice
>>
>>48018523
Firearms rules were released as a supplement and contain extra rules and guns and stuff
>>
>>48017743
I'm also looking for this.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.