[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Proxies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 286.jpg (76 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
286.jpg
76 KB, 312x445
I hate Nicol Bolas' artwork and I don't have 60 dollars to buy the good looking one. As long as I can prove I own a Nicol Bolas, can I use a custom proxy as my commander in EDH?
>>
That's up to your playgroup.
>>
Assuming the real one is sitting there the whole time I can't imagine why not.

Bolas definitely has the worst art of the 5.
>>
>>48014267
It's a dragon reading a fucking book. The rest are being badass.
>>
>>48014350
And sitting in a chair. Are those giant books and a giant chair? If so, is that a giant sized study that is just a larger sized version of a normal one? Where does his tail go when he's sitting like that? Or does he not have a tail?
>>
>>48014070
EDH is a casual format do whatever you want.
>>
>>48014662
Proxying cards you don't own is bad form, though. Not that it matters with Bolas, who has a worthless Chronicles version.
>>
File: WrongNeighborhoodSheep.jpg (75 KB, 500x355) Image search: [Google]
WrongNeighborhoodSheep.jpg
75 KB, 500x355
>>48014070

>Someone DOESN'T like the old Nicol Bolas art?!

Mein Gott! I hope this is bait. Old Nicol Bolas art is fucking great. He's a dragon but also a cantankerous old man who wants the damn kids off his lawn! It was from a time when Magic art had very little art direction. The quality and technique was sometimes shitty, but there was a lot of clever, conceptual stuff. Almost like abstract portrayals of spells. Like some sort of gathering... of... magic...
>>
>>48016517
The Gathering was intended to be the name of the first set rather than the entire product.
>>
File: 1321919462498.gif (2 MB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1321919462498.gif
2 MB, 300x200
>>48014070
>goofy legend from a set where everything was named after stuff from a D&D campaign that Garfield was in at the time
>becomes one of the hugest villains in the game's history
>>
The Bolas art where he is reading a book is probably one of the best arts in the game. He's a dragon, but a smart dragon that likes to hang out and read books and shit.
>>
>>48017499
The concept is cool, the execution is awful. There's no sense of majesty or scale.
>>
>>48014070
I disagree with you on the art That art, while not great, is fucking fantastic and a refreshing breather from all the supper serious tone that wizards is throwing at us now, which makes him more badass. He's reading a mother fucking book while sitting on a throne adorned with skulls. You try reading books with the remains of your enemy lying about. you'd feel fucking badass, even if you were drawn like an edgy older brother of "Where the Wild Things Are"
>>
>>48017788
It is clearly just like an iron skull, ie. a decorative bit on a normal armchair armrest.
>>
Book is titled "how to get your pre-mending powers back".
>>
>>48018111
>implying Nico Bolas wouldn't coat his enemies skulls simply to make his trophies as timeless as he is
>>
>>48014070
I now desire to have a Nicol Bolas altered to have a snuggie
>>
>>48014070
It does depend on who you play with. But if they say no, find others to play with. Find people who enjoy fun although I can't imagine you do if you don't like his OG art.

>>48019033
That's a great idea.
>>
File: C4Rl2Fc.jpg (67 KB, 960x702) Image search: [Google]
C4Rl2Fc.jpg
67 KB, 960x702
>>48017323
>>48014070

That fucker inspired the dracolich BBEG in my very first dnd campaign. At least, halfway.

The other half was one of my players interrupting me as I was introducing the dracolich and attempting to come up with a name. He was bugging the group to get him a "Rolling Surface", since he couldn't quite comfortably get at the table.

Thus was born Rolin Serfas, the draconic undead scourge.

Also, a proxy would totally be allowed at my table if you have the card. I use image related for my black deck.
>>
File: 1422619880630.jpg (733 KB, 791x1107) Image search: [Google]
1422619880630.jpg
733 KB, 791x1107
>>48019601
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.