[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does anyone have any time to have kids in the 40k universe?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1463930704048.jpg (96 KB, 488x434) Image search: [Google]
1463930704048.jpg
96 KB, 488x434
How does anyone have any time to have kids in the 40k universe? Where are humanity's great numbers coming from? The hive cities have such crushing labour hours and poor nutrition no pregnancy would survive, there's no fucking healthcare as it's apparently cheaper to hire more people than to build fucking railings and safety gear, and outside of the hive worlds that supposedly are the bulk of humanity's manpower either very few people actually live there or the world is such a shithole there wouldn't be any children.

Where do the kids come from, /tg/?
>>
>The hive cities have such crushing labour hours and poor nutrition no pregnancy would survive
You devastatingly underestimate the efficiency of human pregnancy at bringing a child to term.
>>
>>48005882
From faith in the God-Emperor. If you pray hard enough a baby spontaneously appears.
>>
>>48005882
Did you know that the highest rate of childbirth tends to be 9 months after a serious disaster?

People love to fuck and the worse their life is the more they fuck.
>>
>>48005882
>The hive cities have such crushing labour hours and poor nutrition no pregnancy would survive, there's no fucking healthcare as it's apparently cheaper to hire more people than to build fucking railings and safety gear

Yeah, it's why birth rates are plummeting outside of the developed world.
>>
>>48005882
When two Slaaneshi cultists love each other very much...
>>
>>48005970
Seconded. I think OP's confusing raising healthy, well-adjusted children with raising the broken wind-up toys that fuel the Imperium's industrial might
>>
File: Aloha.jpg (51 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Aloha.jpg
51 KB, 250x250
>>48009369

Disagree. OP's willfully ignoring the 99% of worlds that AREN'T battleground locales necessarily featured as the backdrop for grimdark gaming. Canonically, Agworlds [for instance] exist in abundance and Paradise worlds are still a thing.

Somewhere ...
>>
File: 1466385828893.jpg (142 KB, 427x500) Image search: [Google]
1466385828893.jpg
142 KB, 427x500
>>48012924
Someone post the fucking gif
>>
>>48005882
>>48012924

This. People always seem to assume that 40k is literally 'only war'. I mean, the setting is over the top, but it's not that retarded.

There are countless worlds that are, for the most part, peaceful and prosperous and living lives mostly unconnected to the wider galaxy. Even the ones that have suffered war, or the more dystopian hive worlds, still have massive populations that live pretty good lives; middle classes, noble families etc. that are perfectly healthy. Below them, there are billions of lower class workers on each planet that live hard lives but not to the point of grimdark retardation; they just earn little, die young and don't have great quality of life. You can still have a baby in those conditions: I mean, look at China.
>>
>>48006562
>remote worlds within Tau empire, are forced to suddenly start importing Orks because of the greater good
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.