[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who struggles with class indecision? I love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: RvR.jpg (129 KB, 623x749) Image search: [Google]
RvR.jpg
129 KB, 623x749
Am I the only one who struggles with class indecision? I love Rogues and Rangers and I'll go for a super long time playing one but then suddenly I'll just want to play as the other.
>>
Rangers have essentially become wilderness Rogues.
Ask your referee if you can just be both.
>>
>>48002798
i have that problem. i always wana try a wizard or summoner but i just love paladins,clerics, barbarians, and rogues way to much. i always have a hard time picking between my favorite 4.and then you got the different RP styles for each one. i never regret my decision but i would always love to play another class.
>>
File: TieflingPF.jpg (83 KB, 930x1085) Image search: [Google]
TieflingPF.jpg
83 KB, 930x1085
i can pretty much only play rogues and fighters, but i really want to try a barbarian.
yeah maybe i'm boring idk.
i'm playing a thief right now, and i just think up other thief characters i'd like to play half the time...
>>
>>48002833
GM, not referee. Referee implies that theere are two oppossing teams that need an impartial decision maker
>>
>>48003861
a barbarian is just like a fighter but with less armor and the addition of rage.
>>
Your definition is true. But the term referee was used in tabletop before DM/GM back when tabletop was classy .
>>
>>48002798
No. I get this a lot too, especially when I come up with a character a week before the session only to have an all new and exciting idea five minutes before it starts.
>>
>>48002798
Find out what the campaign is about, then make a choice. If you're gonna be spending most of your time hunting criminals or valuable artifacts in cities or around civilization, you're probably better off playing a rogue. If you're gonna be spending most of your time hunting monsters out in the middle of deserts and forgotten forest groves, you're probably better off going ranger. Are you playing GTA with swords and magic, or Monster Hunter?
>>
>>48003878
In OSR Games and original D&D, the GM is literally just a rules arbiter running the players through a prewritten adventure, and is thus: Referee between the players and the adventure.
>>
>>48002798
If Pathfinder, go Slayer, or just Ranger with a couple of archetypes.
If 3.5, there's a Ranger Archetype that gives them roguey things.

But yeah. Just run a ranger and build him to do rogue things. Best of Both Worlds.

Only difficulty you'll get is you only get one combat style, which kindof sucks.
>>
>>48002798
I play classless systems.
>>
>>48002798
Once you go Wizard, you'll never go back.
>>
>>48002798
Why would you want to play as the corpse?
>>
>>48006044
The disguise check is working!

>>48002798
Definitely been there, although now it has moved on to a game I run, and what I would want to play if I had a Co DM in it. Which is to say, would I go with the knife slinging former cook turned Mav hunter, the boisterous, somewhat dim but well meaning drunkard who catapults himself at his foes, and then normally through them? The fireman who launches swarms of dumb fire foam dispersal missiles that foul up everything and then wades in with an axe? Or would I make something new?
>>
>>48004068
I know that "with the addition of rage" was supposed to be a mechanical reference, but it cracked me anyway.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.