[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MTG LGC Death and Taxes Central
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
What is your opinion on the 3 CMC Thalia?
>>
I don't play Legacy but I assume it's really good.
It's one less mana per turn (how prevelant are basics?) and one less tap ability and block out of each creature on an on-curve first striker.
>>
>>48001737
3 mana is a lot in Legacy and by that time it's not really relevant that nonbasics enter the battlefield tapped.
>>
>>48001614
Automatic inclusion that replaces Mirran Crusader in the maindeck. Card is great on it's own and absolutely ruins fair decks when played in tandem with Thalia, Guardian of Thraben.

>>48001828
>3cmc is a lot
Irrelevant. D&T is an Aether Vial deck.

>ETB tapped is not relevant
It absolutely is relevant and will be backbreaking when played alongside Thalia, Guardian of Thraben.
>>
landing a t2 thalia and turn 3 into this could be back breaking combined with the fact you might wasteland then etc
i see it hitting decks that run next to 0 basics. it wrecks fetchlands, they come in tapped. if you fetch a non basic.
>comes in tapped.
im going to try and playtest it sometime soon and see what happens.
>>
I think people are evaluating new Thalia as if you can just jam her into D and T.

Has anyone considered her as an inclusion of White Stax? It seems really good with Smokestack, and is a better win condition then Magus of the Tabernacle
>>
>>48001828
It's clear that you do not understand D&T.

>>48001737
Decks run very few basics. Maybe two to three in a deck, a lot of decks don't even run any. the majority of the lands that are run are fetchlands. Thalia 2.0 forces those to come in tapped and then forces the non-basics that they are fetching to come in tapped. That is back breaking. She's deserves 2-3 slots in the main.
>>
>>48001614

She'll be tried in lists for sure. As for 3 cmc I dunno, don't D&T decks want an Aether Vial on 3 counters anyway?
>>
>>48002751
theres nothing stopping you from printing off a copy and playtesting any card right after its spoiled.
>>
>>48004566
I would, but my White Stax list is from 2008. Here's the old list

5 Plains
4 Ancient Tomb
4 City of Traitors
4 Flagstones of Trokair
4 Mishra's Factory
3 Wasteland

4 Armageddon
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Crucible of Worlds
2 Elspeth, Knight Errant
3 Ghostly Prison
4 Magus of the Tabernacle
4 Mox Diamond
3 Oblivion Ring
4 Smokestack
4 Trinisphere
SB
3 Ethersworn Canonist
1 Ghostly Prison
3 Karmic Justice
1 Oblivion Ring
3 Pithing Needle
4 Powder Keg

With New Thalia:
5 Plains
4 Ancient Tomb
4 City of Traitors
4 Flagstones of Trokair
3 Ghost Quarter
4 Wasteland

2 Armageddon
4 Chalice of the Void
4 Crucible of Worlds
4 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
3 Ghostly Prison
4 Magus of the Tabernacle
4 Mox Diamond
3 Banishing Light
4 Smokestack
4 Trinisphere

SB
3 Ethersworn Canonist
2 Armageddon
3 Containment Priest
1 Oblivion Ring
3 Pithing Needle
2 Moat
2 Ratchet Bomb
>>
>>48001614
probably not a 4 of but solid nonetheless
>>
>>48004373
Flickerwisp and Mangara are at 3cmc, so yes. Usually you want to tick it up to 3. The right number of new Thalia and what to cut from the 75 is less certain, but she goes in there somewhere.
>>
>>48001614
The feather makes her right hand look like a chicken wing.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.