[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alignment Charts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 19
File: 1462254052011.jpg (717 KB, 2250x1800) Image search: [Google]
1462254052011.jpg
717 KB, 2250x1800
Post em
>>
File: desktop dungeons.png (994 KB, 1053x603) Image search: [Google]
desktop dungeons.png
994 KB, 1053x603
>>
File: euro2016 alignments.png (177 KB, 1965x1553) Image search: [Google]
euro2016 alignments.png
177 KB, 1965x1553
>>
File: 3x3.jpg (52 KB, 720x566) Image search: [Google]
3x3.jpg
52 KB, 720x566
>>
File: 135076.jpg (258 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
135076.jpg
258 KB, 800x640
>>
File: alignment.jpg (259 KB, 1600x1280) Image search: [Google]
alignment.jpg
259 KB, 1600x1280
>>
File: burger alignments.jpg (134 KB, 558x768) Image search: [Google]
burger alignments.jpg
134 KB, 558x768
>>
>>48002098
>law on right
Fuck you.
>>
>>48002040
Now, I'm not European so maybe I'm missing something, but shouldn't Russia and their hooligans be chaotic evil?
>>
File: excuseme.jpg (466 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
excuseme.jpg
466 KB, 720x720
>>
>>48002512
Shit; at this point I don't even think that it's /pol/'s fault anymore. I honestly think that whites are just openly racist paranoid ass holes now. Like, every white person I know now is way more open with admitting that they hate non-whites now.
>>
File: OYFz276.jpg (89 KB, 500x619) Image search: [Google]
OYFz276.jpg
89 KB, 500x619
>>48003447
The last generation that survived a nationalist war (in the west) is dead or very nearly dead.

It's about the right time for the pendulum to swing back towards nationalism, military posturing, racism, shouting, and people being dicks to other people. The last generation who lived through where that mentality got us isn't around anymore.
>>
>>48002398
It's the 8 teams that are still left in the tournament.
Russia made it pretty clear from the beginning that they had no interest in actually winning games.
>>
>>48003447
Live in literally any other country than a western one and you will see just how 'racist' white people are. From Mexico to Mali to Japan, none of these countries have a problem with open racism, white westerners have built the most open societies in history faggot.

>>48003547
>nationalism is mean!

>other political beliefs are pathologies!

Are you really this naive?
>>
>>48003547
The thing that I was most afraid of was that we're going to obviously be the villain in the next World War with that mentality, but with the rise of a lot of nationalist movements in Europe, I fear there will be no war to reverse what's going on and there will be another few centuries with whole cultures placed in shackles just around the corner.

I fear that peace was never in the cards for humanity and we were always fated to wipe ourselves out.
>>
File: 90728-050-2F3ABD3D.jpg (382 KB, 1600x1218) Image search: [Google]
90728-050-2F3ABD3D.jpg
382 KB, 1600x1218
>>48003659
I'm not really ascribing values to any of those things. It's just how the pendulum swings. Nationalism is, by definition, mean to outsiders though. That's kind of how it works. Hard to be superior to another nation without implying it's inferior.

Now, whether or not /that's/ a good thing is more or less the wrong question. It's just a thing.
>>
>>48003659
And they seem to be tired of the notion of equality of all men. The only thing keeping countries from good old fashioned genocide is that everyone is economically in bed with one another.
>>
>>48003718
This. Egalitarianism is an idiotic and irrational ideal.
>>
>>48003706
But you are. You are saying 'shouting' with connotations of crass loudness, 'racism', etc and 'being a dick' are all connected, you clearly think this is bad.

Nationalism does not equal supremacy, nor does it require hostility to outsiders, the very way you structure this explanation seems to imply the nationalistic force is the aggressor and the outsider the victim.

It's not just 'a thing', you are advancing a narrative on politics and history.
>>
File: killer7 alignments.png (787 KB, 1022x1022) Image search: [Google]
killer7 alignments.png
787 KB, 1022x1022
>>48000907
Fresh OC
>>
Probably the most retarded thread I've ever seen on /tg/ in the 4 years I've been here. Actually I haven't even seen something this stupid on /b/. Congrats.
>>
>>48003762
Pretty much the what is Switzerland situation.

Incredibly Nationalistic but also non aggressive. Expansionism is not exclusive to Nationalism.
>>
>>48003718
When has that ever stopped a genocide or forcible removal of undesirables? No, there simply is not one thing holding the west from genocide, that's ridiculous, weren't you just calling whites 'paranoid?'

The notion of equity does not mean what you think. They had a very different idea, for instance, 18 year olds are today considered equal in their ability to vote, when clearly this is not what was intended.

Your assumptions about what another group of people thinks seems to imply you have your own set of prejudices.

>>48003731
I think you and I agree, but possibly for different reasons.
>>
>>48003785
Lurk moar
>>
File: v25_22294735.jpg (310 KB, 990x589) Image search: [Google]
v25_22294735.jpg
310 KB, 990x589
>>48003762
There's a natural aversion to politicians shouting their points that grew out of fascism.

It's no longer a taboo. All the people who remember are dead.

That's all.

Nationalism does require some notion of superiority. How are you going to differentiate yourself from those filthy Belgians if you aren't better /in some way/? You can't rally a nation if you acknowledge that your nation is universally shit at everything. It can be as nebulous as "smarter" or "better looking" or "better historical figures" or "more multicultural and friendly" or "superior potassium exports". Doesn't matter. You need to make some claim. Not even an aggressive one - you can have an entirely defensive nationalism - but you need to instill an idea that your nation is worth defending.

And that requires instilling a notion of superiority.

Sports and playful banter have worked for most first-world countries for decades, but it's kind of falling apart now.
>>
>>48003731
Why, though? I've never quite understood why people abhor the idea of the equality of the human race. There's literally no reason for it, especially in a time period where it's technologically possible to provide for all of humanity.

We're not even a species that is structured around genetically obvious castes.
>>
>>48003869
>I've never quite understood why people abhor the idea of the equality of the human race.

It's a beautiful ideal, and it'd be lovely if it was true. But it isn't. It isn't even a racial issue, but different groupings of people have developed different cultures that will always put them at odds with one another.

The only way you will ever see a genuinely equal society is if it's a monocultural one.
>>
Man, remember when tabletops were about fantasy and fiction? Threads like this make me imagine that people play D&D campaigns about killing blacks and Jews without the intent of it being edgy.
>>
>>48003912
This thread was cancer from the first post, let's face it.
>>
>>48003931
/thread
>>
>>48003858
You still have not argued that supremacy is necessary for nationalism.

If all you need to do is, as you say, advance the idea that your nation is worth protecting against others, this is something done often without any beliefs of supremacy, for instance, the man who protects his wallet does not need any belief of supremacy to do so.

You still have not proved supremacy is necessary for nationalism, you have instead opted for the strange notion that, you need a belief in supremacy for defense.

This pushes the claim of supremacy back a step, but I don't feel you have proven this point either.

Defending yourself, your property, and neighbors can all be done without a belief of the supremacy of any of the things protected.

All the will to defend shows is that the thing being protected is valuable, and thus 'property' or at least desirable, and likely scarce.
>>
>>48003912
Enjoy
>>
>>48003931
As was OP's intention for it to be.
>>
>>48003925
You have to admit this this is a severe mis-characterization of the discourse in this thread.

No one is being uncivil, or advocating for dead blacks and jews.
>>
File: 12423524652.jpg (33 KB, 778x778) Image search: [Google]
12423524652.jpg
33 KB, 778x778
Where do colors fall on the alignment chart for you?

Here's where they go for me.
>>
>>48003912
This is an Alignment thread. We're all tumors here.
>>
>>48003993
I've always thought yellow was a "good" color.
>>
>>48003993
Switch LG with LE and make CG dark green and that'd be my choice.

Eerie.
>>
>>48003993
I think Gygax would want the most offensive colors to be evil, you should be able to look at it and see the evil.

Lime green is probably NE
>>
>>48003993
Maybe Grey for LN and white for TN.
>>
>>48004019
Yeah, not sure why I feel purple as Lawful Good.

Maybe a combination of lavender and Caesar.
>>
>>48002056
>Doctor Right not Lawful Neutral
Shit chart
>>
>>48004111
Personally I feel it invokes hedonism, wine and rambunctious partying.

So I guess maybe I feel it to be closer to CN. Orange would work for LE maybe?
>>
File: hellboy bprd alignment chart.png (1 MB, 1022x1022) Image search: [Google]
hellboy bprd alignment chart.png
1 MB, 1022x1022
>>48000907
>>
File: lawful evil.jpg (872 KB, 1280x1960) Image search: [Google]
lawful evil.jpg
872 KB, 1280x1960
And in the page after this one, he kills Wonderman and pretends the other guy did it.

>>48002040
Can someone explain why each contry has this particular alignment to me, please?
I'm afraid my euro football-fu is weak.

>>48003993
LG yellow
NG white
CG green
LN dark blue
TN grey
CN brown
LE purple
NE black
CE red

But it's highly subjective.
>>
>>48000907
How in the fuck are Jews not lawful evil? And why is ISIS lawful? That'd terrible and shit tier. I just want to let you know even though if you where intelligent enough to understand you wouldn't post such rot.
>>
>>48000907
Lack of property laws didn't stop the Indians from warring with each other over territory for their entire history.
>>
File: MixedAlignments.png (1 MB, 1600x1375) Image search: [Google]
MixedAlignments.png
1 MB, 1600x1375
Sorry to interupt, but I thought I'd post an alignment chart.
>>
File: lebowski.jpg (94 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
lebowski.jpg
94 KB, 550x550
>>
>>48006471
if someone fix the chaotic good and neutral good parts, this isn't a bad table.
>>
>>48006190
This.

The whole "no concept of land ownership" is complete and utter revisionist history hippy bullshit.
>>
>>48004924
>Can someone explain why each contry has this particular alignment to me, please?
Seconding this. I'm really curious.
>>
>>48006526
What's wrong with them?
>>
>>48006558
While good characters can and often kill, killing is not their focus or something they should enjoy doing. It's sometimes necessary for the goals they want to achieve. So while a crusading paladin can smite evi and those who serve itl, and a chaotic good can kill the tyrant's minions or people who are oppressing other's freedom, that's not what define them. So if you have a very small, short space to write a definition for the 'good' side of allignment, it's poor form to use killing to describe them. This table has neutral good and chaotic good both be like "Whatever, i have a gun." Which, is more like a neutral policy. While i'd agree han solo represents chaotic good, the quote isnt the best one. And well, neutral good is just awful.

A good neutral good quote would be like "I just want to help people." disregarding if it is the lawful thing to do or not. And a good description would be "Doesn't care about following codes and laws but doesn't dislikes them either, just wants to pursue the most direct good to help those in need in the immediate future."
>>
>>48003993
>germany flag colors all evil aligned
>>
>>48006627
Ah. See that particular alignment chart is not designed to depict the ideal representation of each alignment.
It is intended to show how each alignment can work with opposed alignments.
LG let's pirates get away.
LN can work with other alignments as long as they stick to their own code.
LE doesn't break their word.
NE can find a reason to kill for good.
TN, well, is neutral.
CE can fight alongside others for a time without trouble.
CN is very adaptable.
NG can be willing to compromise for the betterment of the group.
And CG can get along with lawful and Evil alignments for a time just like Han does.
>>
>>48004924
>>48006549

It's about how well each team played and what odds they beat to qualify.

i.e. Iceland beat England, Italy beat Spain, Wales beat N.Ireland
>>
>>48000907
Wow..whover did this in /pol/ have no clue of actual alignment working.
>>
>>48006716
>>48006627
The NG example of shooting a guard in the back is a reference to an actual instance where Sam Axe, a very Good character, had to do exactly that for the greater good.
>>
>>48003447
>I honestly think that whites are just openly racist paranoid ass holes now.

Do you not see the irony of that statement?
>>
>>48003447
That's anedoctal evidence. I know a lot of black people who are way more comfortable making broad statements about white people that are less than flattering than my white friends are comfortable doing with black people. And I know some of my white friends are racists but they just rather keep it to themselves more than the blacks.

But the whole thing is: White people are in positions of power in the west and developed countries, and so white people racism with non-whites is systemic and oppressive. Black people racism agaisnt whites in the US is annoying, at best, but it isn't systemic and certainly it won't be qualified as oppressive.

White is still the norm of western civilization.
>>
File: Alignments.jpg (21 KB, 499x543) Image search: [Google]
Alignments.jpg
21 KB, 499x543
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.