[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you playing Age of Sigmar right now? The General's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: img_0157.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
img_0157.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Why aren't you playing Age of Sigmar right now?

The General's Handbook fixed EVERYTHING!
>>
>>48000717
>Shit setting
>Round bases for half the things
>Half way between skirmish and horde but less skirmish
>Stupid looking gigantic ass monsters
The game could be 10/10 and I still wouldn't play.
>>
Because KoW is the game I always wished WHFB was.
>>
Because I just don't like He-Man that much
>>
>All new modles are shit
>Shit setting
>Fixed

To be fair the point system is nice, a great step forward but I'm unlikely to go back to GW fantasy with the current seting and aesthetic they've moved to.
>>
>>48000745
>>Round bases for half the things
>>Half way between skirmish and horde

These things are good, IMO. The tiny square bases were ugly and the rank and movement trays were outdated, and the game being too huge is a problem for both 40k and WHFB. But I can see why WHFB fans would hate them since they're antithetical to WHFB.
>>
>>48001097
I didn't like WHFB, but I figured I'd give sigmar a try because the rules were free, I had some minis, and could proxy other stuff. It's still shit.
>>
>slap points on a very underbaked system
>FIXED
>>
>>48000745
>>shit setting

Versus what? The typical multi race galactic war setting? It brings a fresh change from the typical fantasy setting.
>>
>>48002439
So far all the setting seems to be is all war all the time, how cool are these not!space marines, REEEEEEEEE COPYRIGHTABLE NAMES.
>>
I finished putting together my blightkings this evening. Can't wait to get them painted...."Welcome to blight town motherfucker"
>>
>>48001097
It's more that they changed everything to rounders but still sell squares and expected people to switch em all. I find the inconsistency to be a silly eyesore.

And you still need a shit ton of GW's Premium Priced Miniatures which honestly don't look all that great these days.

4 Different sets of torsos and arms doesn't really give you anyway of making your guys look like they're not doing some retarded stiff armed robot shuffle.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.