[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey tg, I want to run a superhero rpg, but I also really really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 2948793-lightningbolts6.jpg (107 KB, 924x417) Image search: [Google]
2948793-lightningbolts6.jpg
107 KB, 924x417
Hey tg, I want to run a superhero rpg, but I also really really really like the idea of my characters having just the shittiest powers. Like we're playing that group that was rejected from the justice league cos their powers weren't good enough.

Obviously I'll make their powers get better over time to keep it interesting.

Anyone have any ideas of what they could be? I'm talking like, beyond bottom tier bad.
One idea that I'm now in love with is an urban druid, who can do all the standard druidy stuff but instead of being plants and animals it's concrete and electricity. Unfortunately, the first manifestation of that is that he has WiFi. Like he just is a WiFi hotspot.
>>
>>47996054
You could take a page from Resurrection Man. He dies, gets a new power related to how he died, and it y time. So he can either get completely useless garbage or insanely strong stuff
>>
>>47996117
>and it y time
Wow, that should say "it changes every time"

Fuck
>>
>>47996054
Wear a street cone as your pointy hat, and a bathrobe as your mage robe.
Use a tablet as your grimoire and a e-cig as your hand.
>>
>>47996273
*wand
>>
>>47996054
>Like we're playing that group that was rejected from the justice league cos their powers weren't good enough.

So like the Legion of Substitute Heroes?
>>
>>47996054
Wasn't there a movie about this? something Men, or something... Ben Stiller...
>>
>>47996054
How about a guy who can shoot slices of cheese from his eyes? Cheese Slice Cyclops.
>>
>>47998337
MYSTERY MEN

I liked it
>>
Necrolepsy. They die at random and can goof around in the spirit realm a bit, their body will usually be nearly indestructible whilst dead, but it can also be posessed by roving spirits. the body is still nigh indestructible but now there's some fucking guy running around in it speaking ye olde english and yelling about his wife. And the necroleptic has no control over this. there's a time limit after which he can re-enter his body that's different each time.
>>
Why not just play a game based around the concept of Sky-High?
>>
>>47996054
Hmm. Make a guy who can eat anything. Over time, his power would evolve so he'd get claws to tear the food apart, sharper teeth, a strong digestive system, and even better acid in his mouth so he could dissolve the food.

But to start out with? He could just eat spoiled food without getting sick.
>>
>>47996054
What's this image from, originally?
>>
>Look out, its the Junky Genius!
>Watch as she swoops in and creates less shitty inventions with trash and other absolute shit!
>Her inventions might breakdown at the worst possible times or simply not work at all, but Jesus fucking christ, look at her go!
>One time, she made a laser gun out of some rusty cans and a trashed microscope.
Yes! The laser shot only once or twice before exploding and giving her a nasty case of tentanus, but it was still impressive that hunk of shit managed to work.
>Another time, she made a grappling hook gun out of an empty can of computer cleaner, some fishing line, and a whole lotta floss.
>Yes again! The grappling hook fun misfired into a 3rd story window and caused a fire by knocking over a candle, but yet once more, she defied the odds!
>Look out, seriously watch your ass around her, because the Junky Genius is here to save the day!
>>
>>47996054
The Hatcher
By sitting on any old thing for a long time, it becomes two things. Sit on two things, they become four.
>>
>>47996054
Look up an old joke-game called 'Stuper Powers'
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.