[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /tg/ like Cyberpunk? Also how easy is it to break?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 50354.jpg (333 KB, 900x1181) Image search: [Google]
50354.jpg
333 KB, 900x1181
Does /tg/ like Cyberpunk?
Also how easy is it to break?
>>
>how easy is it to break
Very
REF is pretty much the godstat, sticking buckets of points into it and INT gives you lots of free skill points.
It's a bad system. Good for its time, but it has definitely not aged well.
>>
>>47991003
I like it but it is very easy to break. You kinda have to play it with the right people who know how easy it is to break and agree not to break it.
>>
>>47991003
Maxout REF and INT, get skinweave and nanosurgeons pronto.
>>
>>47991003
Are there any good systems for cyberpunk?

Shaodwrun is awful, Cyberpunk is worse, Corporation is VERY tied to its setting as I understand it and so on.
>>
>>47992993
I currently run a Savage Worlds cyberpunk game. It gets shit done.
If you don't want to homebrew a setting Interface Zero works, and there's also a Fate version if you're allergic to polyhedrals or battle maps or something.
>>
>>47993085
I am very allergic to battle maps.

The work/reward ratio is way out of whack in my experience.
>>
I've broken Cyberpunk to make it a little more modern, the netrunning is just fucking stupid.
>>
>>47993113
Really? I love them when they're done right. Savage Worlds really does them well in my opinion: characters are pretty mobile, cover matters, the system is very low on bean-counting and stuff that generally slows down the game.
It helps that SW was originally born from a wargame that grew into a roleplaying system, so it's very little hassle to get tacticool. All ranges start in squares/inches, for instance.

It is possible to run it without maps and minis, I'm having to do so now. Give both systems and versions of IZ a look-over, see which one floats your boat.
>>
>>47993181
I'll check it out.

I do normally experience that battle maps collapse in the presence of guns though, because of the matter of range.
But if cover, mobility and the like actually matter then that might offset that.
>>
>>47993297
Yeah, they do.
The thing with Savage Worlds is movement up to your Pace stat is a free action regardless of most battlefield concerns. If you're still consious and you haven't had your legs snapped by incoming fire you can still move away, try and find cover, or just dive prone if you can't make it to a better position in time.

Guns have realistic-ish range, sadly, which means shotguns are just flat-out better for most encounters unless you houserule them. Even then they're still a solid choice for any short-range engagement.
They do fall down when engaging multiple targets, though, wide choke or not you can't hope to catch multiple enemies in your buckshot in the same way spraying them with bullets would.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.