[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder if it werent for Twilight we wouldnt have had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Welcome to Innistrad.jpg (7 KB, 184x273) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to Innistrad.jpg
7 KB, 184x273
Daily reminder if it werent for Twilight we wouldnt have had the greatest set in MTG history.
>>
Honestly Twilight is still one of the biggest disappointments for me, just because it has all the worldbuilding ingredients to base a fucking awesome story off of but instead they chose to do a shitty romance.
>>
File: I_came_here_to_laugh_at_you.jpg (32 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
I_came_here_to_laugh_at_you.jpg
32 KB, 640x480
>>47962670
>Doesn't give a shit about MTG
>Thus, both Twilight and MTG can both fuck off to whatever hole they both crawled out of

Daily reminded, it's a children's card game
>>
>>47962670
...Ravnica?
>>
>>47963104
I think they're talking about Innistrad.
>>
>>47962711
The problem I had with it was the chick, Bella. Her entire character can be summed up with, "I hate people."
If she had any sort of depth, perhaps even a reason to hate her father other than, "My mom is gone" the romance would have worked.
>>
>>47963759

Now, it would actually be compelling if she had any agency in the story rather than just being the chick what stuff happens to.

Doubly so if, for whatever reason, she perpetuates the werewolf-on-vampire conflict intentionally for her own purposes. Maybe she dislikes these superpowered assholes who drink blood and fuck with everything? Maybe she hates being stalked and straight up almost abused by a creepy corpse-boy who sparkles?

For whatever reason, she could have had the potential to be an Artemis Fowl-like character, being the perpetrator and puppeteer of an inter-supernatural people's war and the unravelling of ancient alliances in order to advance her own interests or simply out of spite for having been unintentionally involved in their world. All possible if only she was cognizant of her role and just how disruptive it was being.
>>
>>47962670
Yeah, but if it weren't for Twilight, we wouldn't have had best plane ruined by Eldrazi
>>
>>47962670
Twilight is responsible for Kamigawa?!
>>
>>47962711
If by "they" you mean just the author, a Mormon housewife who wrote a mastubatory fantasy for herself, then yes, "they" did.
>>
>>47963877
I remember reading about how the movies planned to change things with fights between vampires & police & shit before Meyer was butthurt enough to veto that.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.