[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the differences between male dwarfs and female dwarfs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1466865873375.jpg (78 KB, 580x372) Image search: [Google]
1466865873375.jpg
78 KB, 580x372
What are the differences between male dwarfs and female dwarfs in your setting?
>>
Subltle.
>>
>>47955093
Not much. They all look the same, even the beards. Dwarfs all identify as male, and for a dwarf woman to physically identify as a woman is taboo.
>>
>>47955093
The genitals. That's literally the only difference.
>>
None. The have no secondary sexual characteristics.
>>
>>47955093
non-existant, they're a genderless race. Not even really biological, just what happens when a mountain sits long enough to filter out ambient magic like a sieve and concentrate it into life.
>>
males are your usual dwarves, females are just short and chubby
>>
>>47955122
You're playing on Discworld?
>>
>>47955093

Most differences are culturally enforced through a rigidly conservative religion and government
>>
>>47955122
>identify as
Immediately wrong.
>>
Dwarves do not exist in my setting, they are trite and cliche and nobody thinks they are interesting.
The token traits of mining and stonework has been overtaken by the mountainfolk, a muscular breed of humans.
>>
>>47955093

Male dwarves exist.
>>
>>47955093
In my setting?

There's actually some extreme dimophism, to the point where most people think that the females are a different race entirely.
In fact, what you think are elves are the females. They're both long lived races known for living in strange habitats and remarkable craftsmanship. And for hating each other. Which still happens, in fact there have been several wars.
They're just long lived enough that individuals will still have enough kids to at least perpetuate. Frequently it's at least one in between each war.
>>
>>47955093
Male dwarfs are dwarfs
Female dwarfs are ogres
My players are not aware
They function like a beehive, with few baby-birthing ogres for thousands of worker class dwarves
>>
File: machoke on my dick.gif (2 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
machoke on my dick.gif
2 MB, 200x150
>>47955093
Males have long beards but are usually bald or have shorty hair on top of their head.
Females have not beards or mustaches but have long hair on the top of their head.
It's basically an inverse.
There is not much more sexual dimorphism besides breasts and both sexes can participate in the same kinds of labor.
I subscribe to the DF notion that dwarves do not choose their jobs, they are chosen for them by a council or something.
>>
They are monosex. They reproduce using anvils
>>
>>47956933
>pic
I'm disappointed that it looks like they didn't know what to do with the upper arms most of the time.
They could at least point or pose more differently during things.
>>
Male Dwarves have beards. They're also slightly taller, by like two to three inches.

Female Dwarves don't have beards, but they have tits.

Otherwise, they're pretty much the same.

>>47956884
I actually like this. That's why you always see Elves and Dwarves in the same places.
>>
>>47955093
There are no males or females, only dwarves in hive societies. Only differences are reproductive organs which can change during a dwarf's lifetime and slightly different body odors (that only dwarves can pick up on). Dwarf society doesn't have gender nor does it have hierarchy.
>>
>>47955093
S H O R T S T A C K S

H

O

R

T

S

T

A

C

K

S
>>
>>47955093
Mainly somewhat lowered testosterone levels and reproductive capabilities. They share the same basic structure but female dwarves don't all grow beards and tend to have birthing hips. Their bust development generally depends on their lifestyle, diet and other factors, like humans.

Both sides fight and work, though the women almost never join the professional military forces unless infertile.
>>
>>47955093

Males braid their beards.

Females braid their hair to look like beards.
>>
Save for the genitals, absolutely nothing.
>>
a dwarf is hewn from stone and given life through magic
>>
>>47956958

That's literally the fluff for Azer(dwarf-like elementals) in 5e.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.