[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>running a session >check my book for 5 seconds >come
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: ss+(2016-06-25+at+01.20.35).jpg (998 KB, 1643x1396) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-06-25+at+01.20.35).jpg
998 KB, 1643x1396
>running a session
>check my book for 5 seconds
>come back to this

what does having a group that aren't meme loving fucks feel like, /tg/?
>>
it's real nigga hours ingame btw
>>
>Checking your book mid- session

It feels however I want it to, because I keep the game moving.
>>
>>47952358
Your players don't respect the effort you put into running the game if they're scribbling shit all over your maps.
>>
>>47952397
>giving your players any amount of downtime during a session
>expecting your map not to be covered in crudely drawn dicks
>>
>>47952394
its almost as if i didn't memorize the entire campaign.
>>
>>47952416
How about understanding the gist of a single session's material, and not being so rigid that you can't risk improv blurring the rails?
>>
>>47952416

You misunderstand. Nobody expects or cares if you memorize the entire rulebook or campaign, because it doesn't matter.

All those notes and rules are only useful to the degree that they expedite the game. The MOMENT they start slowing the game down, they become worthless, and should be discarded. Make an on-the-spot ruling or improvise something for the plot, then after the fact go back and refine your notes/check the actual rule.
>>
>See character with Fuhrer in name
>swastika
>>
>>47952429
>>47952444
ok but i still like reaffirm im going in the right direction.

also during this time a player was letting his dog outside so that's why we stopped.
>>
>>47952358
Best group I had in my life, disruption and ooc retardation was kept at a minimum. Cohesion was high and all in all it was more like a military op than murder hobboing.
>>
>>47952486
that's a gooder
>>
>tfw the time the player ripped the character sheets out of the back of my book that you're supposed to photocopy for character sheets
>>
>>47952492
well i mean couldn't you just print the pdf online anyways
>>
File: 1280px-Sun_Bear_3.jpg (167 KB, 1280x852) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Sun_Bear_3.jpg
167 KB, 1280x852
>>47952492
>>47952503
I guess it's a principle thing.
I'd be steamed if a player intentionally damaged my book, even if it was through carelessness or ignorance.
>>
File: Donkey_Kong.jpg (98 KB, 1280x1066) Image search: [Google]
Donkey_Kong.jpg
98 KB, 1280x1066
>>47952521
i'm a dirty pirate so i just have the pdfs
>>
>>47952503
They didn't understand what was meant by making a character sheet and so when they saw it at the back they ripped it out and started writing on it.
>>
>>47952549
hey if it wasn't meant to be ripped out then it shouldn't be there.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.