[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Board games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 14667269778021693080429.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
14667269778021693080429.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>Pic related
>Left is a card game
>Right is a board game

I've come to favor board games, and I want more of them. Can I get some recommendations on board/tile based games that don't revolve around decks and such?
>>
>>47932665
Betrayal at the House on the Hill
>>
>>47933456
Have it already 8/10
>>
>>47932665
Hive
Hanabi
Skulls (or skull and roses)
Twilight Imperium 3rd edition

There. You are now set to ignore the hundreds of great games that just so happen to feature cards as the most convenient way to package mechanics and reduce costs.

You colossal faggot.
>>
>>47933781
>Hanabi
Cards
>Twilight Imperium 3rd edition
I thought this had cards as well.
>>
>>47933781
Dude, I just enjoy tiles. I'm getting sick of deck building games. Boss Monster, Epic Defenders, Flip City, hell even Machi Koro have just started getting old. I really enjoyed playing Betrayal at House on the Hill and Mice and Mystics. I'm an MTG player, so I already do card stuff, I want to play something different. It's not that I don't like card based games, I just want something different right now.

Sorry you're so butt hurt over me wanting to try new games.
>>
Eclipse

4X Space game where you build the universe from piles of tiles and do research from piles of tiles.

No cards.
>>
File: download (4).jpg (5 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (4).jpg
5 KB, 225x225
>>47933781
Also
>clicking tiles when you set them down on a table
>>
Castles of burgundy sounds right up your alley. No cards, just building a castle out of tiles.
>>
>>47933999
checked

>>47932665
OP can't get trips
>>
Seconding Mice and Mystics; solid game and lots of fun. Also, Idk if anyone has mentioned it yet, but my SO and I have really been enjoying Eldritch Horror lately. If you're into Lovecraft at all, I think you'd quite like it. Also, Tokaido is a good one, but you'll want at least 3 people. You can do two, but it's not as fun.
>>
>>47933819
Hanabi has a tile version. It's gorgeous.
Twilight imperium has tile galaxy building, ships, mounted strategy cards, and dice combat. Op seems to want something other than cards being the focus. There are plenty of cards, but they certainly aren't the meat of the game.

With that in mind, I would add Kemet and Game of thrones second edition.

Maybe king of Tokyo as it's half and half between dice chucking and upgrade cards.

Also, how many cards are too many cards? Cosmic encounter, chaos in the old world, and twilight struggle are incredible games with decks, but they are not deck building games, more about assymetry, playing the board state, and/or properly manipulating social elements.
Op needs to better define his boundaries to transcend this faggotry.
>>
>>47932665
Castles of mad King Ludwig
Suburbia
Kemet
Carcassonne
Keyflaower
Exodus Proxima Centauri
Galaxy trucker
>>
I like Small World.

And out of all my friends I'm the only one who does. It feels like a wasted purchase.
>>
>>47932665
I have a little more than 100 FFG mini Euro board game card sleeves.
What game has a bit less than 100 mini Euro sized cards?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.