[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dinners and Desserts Help?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: th.jpg (25 KB, 480x318) Image search: [Google]
th.jpg
25 KB, 480x318
Hey, so I just started playing Dinners and Desserts and got myself in a bit of a tight spot.

You see, i'm currently running a well-done steak... with mint chip ice cream on top.

You see, i wanted to run a good steak build WITHOUT dealing with the "gross out" penalty you get when searved to squeemish npcs, so I figured that if I could figure out a way to keep it raw, but not bloody, I would be in the clear!

Long story short, there is a lot more to how "cooked" something is than just its tempature.

I now have a cold, minty, and overcooked steak... its pretty gross.

Any way I can sort of salvege this without making a new charactor?
>>
>>47920985
If you have the Ramadan pack, you could set it as fasting break course. You'll have to cut it into dices so it'll fit more with the other snacks, though. They say that hunger makes everything taste a bit better, I guess the devs took that to heart.
>>
File: BurgerCult.jpg (92 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
BurgerCult.jpg
92 KB, 250x250
>>47920985
>runs well done steak
>to keep it raw

Burger Kult master race reporting -
RTFM n00b. Do you even flame broil?
>>
>>47920985
Take a few levels in gourmet, cut your portion size and consider the post modern deconstruction feat. There's a pretty broken combo where you can charge rich npcs for tiny portions of disgusting food just because it's unusual.
>>
>>47921734
Wait, really? Seems sort of... overpowered.
>>
>>47920985
>DnD thread on page 9 with only four replies

It's a sad day for this Culinary Controller.
>>
>>47920985
You should try playing GURPS. I know a lot of anons will say it's hard to GM, but you choose the modules that work for you and there is always GURPS lite.

Just add GURPS fantasy and GURPS bible buffet to get the fantastic foods from DnD and I think you can convert the old GURPS Julia Child to the latest edition.
>>
>>47920985
I'd say you should start over Anon, look into other archetypes and classes. That said, you have to be really careful if you want to multiclass. I played a red cabbage/bak choi mix and found out they're basically the same thing, been stuck with the character for half an hour now and it's too overcooked and all the flavour has boiled out, but the head chef won't let me reroll.
>>
>>47920985
Have you tried not playing D&D?
All of this could have been solved if you played something else, like Burning Alaska or Patisserie World.

If you HAD to play D&D, at least use the most recent edition for the Sous Vide feat.
>>
>>47924388
>muh Sous Vide

Every fucking thread

I keep telling you it's not an option in core for a reason. The reason is "plastic bags are overpowered".
>>
I had a similar problem in my D&D game. My Dining Manager said it would be a plebian-heavy game, so I went for junk food with a dip into burgermancer. Now, all my stats are spread so thin, all I can make is a shitty hamburger with doritos on it.
>>
>>47924436
Until you save up for a real immersion circulator, which most parties can't afford at low levels unless the DM is retarded, sous vide is not much better than, say, salad's full-fat blue cheese dressing tech. A jury-rigged ziploc bag with a meat thermometer scales perfectly well until you get your first michelin star, at which point everything is just as overpowered as sous vide anyways.
>>
>>47924388

>muh not D&D

The Old Succulence Revival movement has actually made a strong move back to earlier, more improvisational steaks before the meal was about optimal builds and being confined by trap-toppings, calorie balance and salty/sweet supremacy.

I've had the best responses from a combination of newer deconstructed steak narrative preparation, classic cuisine improvisation and home grilling.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.