[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A good GM is worth their weight in gold, and provide a similar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: B2c_YPPCEAAyJuP.jpg (72 KB, 927x1024) Image search: [Google]
B2c_YPPCEAAyJuP.jpg
72 KB, 927x1024
A good GM is worth their weight in gold, and provide a similar function.
>>
>>47920288
To provide bored people with percieved value and make them think they're good but really are shalow and ugly?
>>
>>47920288
Okay but that still doesn't justify having to play a system where you have to fix the flaws in the first place.
>>
>>47920288
Being very good at conducting electricity?
>>
>>47920380

You're thinking of SILVER anon.

>>47920288

OP if you're implying this is like 3.5 well it's more like half the bowl is ceramic and the other half is just a mass of poorly moulded gold because all that was left was powder.
>>
To be used to ensure the value of a currency!

To be rendered down and used as microcomponents in electronics!

DEATH MASKS OF ROYALTY!

I approve of all these uses for our undervalued GMs.
>>
>>47920377
>>47920403
He's implying that players fuck everything up and the DM has to fix it.
>>
>>47920288
Used as a basis of trade and investment?

Used for fillings in teeth?

Used in trace amounts alongside various other metals in catalytic converters?

>>47920403
Gold is also a good conductor, anon.
>>
>>47920288
>A good GM is worth their weight in gold

Nonsense. Ask yourself, what would be the general reaction if a good GM told everyone "I'll run a game for you, but I need you to give me $20."
People would scoff and be outraged, yet assuming an average build, that's not even a tenth of his weight in pennies, much less gold.

(There are 145 pennies per pound, so $20 rendered in pennies is just shy of 14 pounds)
>>
>>47920407
Well, I have performed two of these functions as a GM before. Two out of three ain't bad.
>>
>>47920493
But anon, consider those DMs you hear of who regularly prepare food for their players every session. Surely such work is worth at least $20 per session in terms of ingredients and man-hours?

In an alternative, perhaps rather more abstract, measurement: consider the amount of long-term fun you would have having sought out a good DM (as opposed to just having Frank from down the road run for you -- perhaps twice as much? Ten times as much?), in relation to the amount of man-hours required to find that good DM (as opposed to the amount of time you need to walk down the road and tell Frank, 'Yes Frank, I'll fucking join your fucking bullshit magical realm campaign').

From this, you can obtain a rough ballpark estimate of how many personal man-hours a good DM is worth (We assume here for simplicity that the only investment required is time, though it really isn't). Considering that Wolfram Alpha suggests $15.95 USD per hour as a median wage, how much would a good DM cost you?
>>
>worth their weight in gold
Would you REALLY pay, say, $2,700,000 for your GM?

That's assuming that he or she isn't a fat piece of shit, which, all things considered, isn't that unlikely
>>
>>47920403
Oh look, it's eternally triggered bitch-anon.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.