[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: lords of WAAC.png (578 KB, 696x365) Image search: [Google]
lords of WAAC.png
578 KB, 696x365
I can't think of an edition: edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
Say what you will about the Wraithknight, but the model looks gorgeous in person.
>>
>>47906486
>retarded stick legs
>>
>>47906482
Because you're not doing it during deployment, the only restriction is that the unit is within 3".
>>
>>47906486
I've never seen a wraithknight because its always invisible
>>
There are people in this thread right now that game at their LGS without ever buying anything.
>>
>>47906507
I know right? Fucking jews.
>>
>get rekt in 750 pt match by a wraithknight with invis last week
>fight him yesterday with a culexus assassin as my ally
>he concedes on my first turn when i kill his psyker with 6 shot from my assassins psyker gun thing

he still had his wraithknight and i didnt have a single MC or GC in my army, are all waacfags this much of a pussy?
>>
>>47906507
This kills me the most.

I play at home with a small circle of friends and get about 30% of my shit online but I'm more than willing to go up the road and buy my paints and most of my kits from the local shops that sell this kind of thing (not necessarily GW shit but terrain and airbrush stuff and sundries).
>>
>>47906545
>are all waacfags this much of a pussy?
yes
>playing 2 faggot WKs
>drop 30 combi gravs on them turn 1
>kill them both
>guy refuses to play me again
nothing was lost
>>
>>47906553
>I'm more than willing to go up the road
>tfw live 45 minutes away from store
>>
>>47906507
>>47906523
>>47906553
I play in a GW who sells everything at full price but I found a store two roads down that sells exactly the same stuff at a flat 20% discount on everything.

I still play at the GW but I buy from the other store exclusively, what do you think I should do?
>>
File: who put you on the planet.jpg (76 KB, 335x525) Image search: [Google]
who put you on the planet.jpg
76 KB, 335x525
>>47906545
>Wraithknight with invis in a 750pts match
Who the fuck would do that
>>
>>47906597
Eldrad, and probably Vect.
>>
>>47906595
Either way GW gets their jewbux and playing at a store is really up to personal taste, so I say keep trucking.
>>
>>47906638
>>47906629
GW makes a profit, but the GW store anon plays at may not. If the store itself doesn't sell enough, it'll get shut down. It doesn't effect GW but it effects your local manager.
>>
>>47906650
>1 guy loses a job and a shitty business model is discouraged that ultimately benefits the people who play the game.

Fair trade off.
>>
>>47906638
>GW stores are different

GW stores are also inspected twice a month by supervisors, if the store doesnt meet certain sales goals the manager is fired or the store is closed
>>
>>47906575

I beat a horribly netlisted daemon flying circus, belakor and invis spam list with pre-new codex Necrons a while back largely because the guy had no ground prescence and refused to land to try melee. After I cleared the troops and KoS, he had nothing to work with but psychic shrieks and whips, neither of which did enough against Necron durability to give him any chance of winning.

And I mean again, dude coulda done a ton better if he'd just landed and charged. Pre-7th dex Necrons folded like wet cardboard against melee.

Guy stonewalled me after.

Not really an issue though, yeah. Dude's a dick. I see him playing a Wraith and Scatbike list nowadays against people.

He also, during my first movement phase, did the following:

I generate three scarab bases.

I start moving things, and he silently comes around to my side of the table, measures how far forward my scarabs are, and starts moving them back.

I ask him what the hell he's doing, he says they were deployed too far forwards.

I point out he saw me do the scarab generation roll.

He tries to awkwardly stand his ground without saying anything, then slinks off back to his side.
>>
>>47906663
I don't know about you anon, but my local GW manager is a great guy that does a shit tonne for the hobby not just in GW but in the state. The number of times I've seen him sit down with people to help them and then they've gone "lol, I'll just buy my shit elsewhere. Eat shit GWcucks". I'm ok with paying a little bit more occassionally.
>>
So what codex FAQ do we get today?
>>
>>47906507
I buy at my local GW and sometimes at a few other game shops if I can stomach the drive to the otherside of the city which is a few hours or so.

>>47906486
of course, superior eldar space tech.
>>
>>47906545
How the fuck does this guy live when his only psyker fails to roll Invisibility?

You are also doing Emperor's work anon. Culexus best assassin.
>>
>>47906663
>a store you could play in closes down
>this benefits the people who play the game
What the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>47906702
>How the fuck does this guy live when his only psyker fails to roll Invisibility?

he succeeded in his invis, but for some reason decided to move within 12" trying to kill my pathfinders, then got assmad when i said he just lost invisibility
>>
>>47906663
Your still buying from GW, one way or another. You'd barely graze them, their business model wouldn't change. If anything, they'd raise prices.
>>
>>47906704
If more stores close down GW will quickly abandon them and they can use that money for development or even reduce the prices of the models.

The current structure has every model purchase paying for brick and mortar stores, with the ones bought in shop helping that store more obviously. This system is gay.
>>
>>47906720
Well yeah, but I mean, he only gets three rolls on the table, generating a specific power is hardly a sure thing. Does he just auto-concede if he doesn't roll the power he wants or something?

Were you the guy asking about rolling Culexus with a Tau army to counter cheese a couple days ago?
>>
Reposting the Dark Eldar and Eldar formation from the Start Collecting.
>>
File: 1442365190340.gif (70 KB, 210x188) Image search: [Google]
1442365190340.gif
70 KB, 210x188
>>47906702
i feel like invisibility is overrated, but then my experience with invisibility last game was hilarious.

>lv3 grey knight libby warlord kills himself by turn 2 to give his unit invis
>i just ignore the unit all game and it doesn't do more then shoot dead a few pink horrors
>>
>>47906752
>>
>>47906752
why is this picture so bad
>>
>>47906749
he gets 3+D6, the D6 is from winds of the warp

yes
>>
>>47906756
It starts to become bullshit when cast by cheap (Farseer) psykers with rerolls (Eldar, Tzeentch) on units that were already powerful/durable (Centurions, DP, WK).
>>
Should I Deep Strike my Land Speeders?
>>
>>47906803
Absolutely yes if given dual meltas.
Double yes if flamer because you will at least get to shoot it before you have to jink to avoid the death that comes anyway because you are AV10 HP2 open-topped.

Single melta speeders are cheap enough that you can afford to jet them around the table for mindgames but they also can benefit from deep strike.
>>
>>47906765
"Hey Bob, your job today is to leak this rules on the internet, to keep the hype alive"
"Ok boss"
"Remember to make it look like it's some kind of leak from some insider, and not like the marketing thing that it is. Make some barely visible photo. Some bad filter too. Even some B/W. I want them to look very... amateuristic"
"Ehm, we all have high quality cameras on our cellphone nowada..."
"I'm not interested in your later purchases, Bob. Get back to work"
>>
>>47906746
>assumptions
At the end of the day, fewer locations for people to play is only going to be bad for the hobby. Are you in the USA? Do remember a lot of countries don't have a big LGS scene like the US does, often it's a GW, a friend's house, or nowhere.
>>
Are there any other worthwhile Psyker formations? I love Psykers and I'm thinking of doing Black Legion if I ever do CSM.
>>
>>47906868
*for any faction
>>
>>47906595
The same, I think. Pay where you play. while you do not need to buy everything there, you should spend a significant portion of your hobby money at the store you play at. Think of it as something like a tip for a restaurant. The store does provide you with hobby stuff (terrain etc.) after all.
>>
>>47906784
>Tzeentch
>Rerolls
I fucking wish.

Allied Titan with Death of Kasyr Lutien is just sick when backing up a Warpflame Host.
>>
>>47906673
> touching others' models w/o their permission
> casually moving back stuff w/o saying a word
> netlisting

Poor autistic bastard. The wordlessness convinced me he wasn't just some audacious faggot, but altogether, fucking learn some communication & common courtesy.

>>47906688
Orks will be last, & get nerfed harder. Seeing stuff like Green Tide removed & the high price on the Wazbom Blastajet (all the while yukking it up about "lol Ork shooting" & still charging more points than a superior SM equivalent) has convinced me that GW isn't just clueless about the army, but guilty of actively sabotaging it. It's like they made shitty jokes so consistently that they started to believe them, resulting in worse units for higher prices.

If they changed Mob Rule to d3 S3 hits to auto-pass & dropped prices all over & fixed the mega-formation to be not garbage, I'd give a fuck. Until they grow up & take that kind of responsibility, I can't bring myself to care.
>>
>>47906803
if you got double multimelta and wanna kill a tank? sure. as i recall they're cheap and you loyalists can afford a throwaway unit

>>47906784
well, i do admit to holding back when i'm doing powers/gifts with my daemons

>>47906819
i don't think landspeeders are open topped because it has marines in armour
>>
>>47906868
Space Marine Librarius Conclave is probably the best formation of psykers there is.

>>47906883
>Fateweaver
>Paradox
Your shenanigans are there.
>>
Sup, guys.
I've never played 40k and feel totally clueless as far as the hobby goes, but I would really like to try it out. Any tips for me? Should I go down to my shop and ask for maybe a demo game or a newbie paint kit? etc

I wanna play Orks. Good/bad idea? I really just want to be able to play a shitty game with my plastic army men that I painted
>>
>>47906756
Ya, despite being a chapter full of Psykers, GK Psykers are "subpar" by comparison to other factions.

At least when not using Santic

>Conclave gets to generate on a 2+
>Tiggy and Eldar can reroll failed dice.
>>
>>47906762
Fireprism has twinlinked when its target can be seen by the farseer

>>47906752
All units of this detachment have preferred enemy against a single unit, the archon chose and can see. the enemy unit can be changed each turn.

De one is rather solid. TL for a fireprism aint so bad either but not the usual eldar-tier.
>>
>>47906803
Depends on the situation. But it's not a bad idea.
>>
>>47906903
most shops will give you a small demo of the game and some also do a quick painting tutorial with 1 model

start with the start collecting boxes of whatever you want, just be mindful that orks are pretty weak in the current game, but if you are painting and playing for fun then thats not an issue
>>
>>47906684
My GW manager is kind of a dick, I kinda dislike him. He's not very good at acting professional outside short bursts and while he can be pretty chummy he can be very childish.

He's very moody, almost any inconvenience can piss him off and when he's angry he lets everyone know about it by stomping around the store huffing and puffing the whole time.
He tends to forget regulars are customers and doesn't pay people the proper respect but demands the uttermost respect for himself and the company from us. Once he shouted at someone who disagreed with him and most egregiously starting shit-talking regulars he didn't like behind their backs, even during his tamer moments he's always talking about 'that guys', but if you even suggest there is anything wrong with GW, any of it's products or even mentions the forbidden Ebay he very seriously and aggressively threatens to kick you out the store.

His shit would never fly in anything but a one man store.
>>
File: 1444756994347.gif (2 MB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
1444756994347.gif
2 MB, 320x200
>>47906909
to top it off he tried to cast vortex of doom on my exalted flamers with pink horror squad only to fail the cast then die to perils. it was amazing, for me anyway
>>
>>47906878
My country doesn't believe in tipping.
>>
>>47906903
Orks are fun, but wont hold up in serious games.

Though you did say you want to paint and play shitty games, so it seems like a decent choice. I believe there's a whole new starter box coming out soon that includes orks, marines, and rules/dice/templates. Depending on how long the wait is, it may be your best bet for getting into the hobby easily.
>>
>>47906931
just stop buying from him then, the reason people support stores if because its a place you can just chill out and play some games at

my manager is the opposite, always polite and friendly and will pretty much always keep the store running after hours if people are around for games, he's a little pissed off at GW right now because:

Was manager for 2 years
Left to be a teacher for 6 months
Hated teaching at secondary school, the new manager was fired so he came back
got put on probation even though he was a manager before
about 6 months into his probation they moved the goal posts he was supposed to be hitting, told him to fire one of the relief staff because of it and then said he wasn't meeting the new requirements, the sale quota was raised by 15% or something

if he gets fired because of that then i probably wont support the store anymore
>>
Are Dreadnoughts still decently point-efficient? Thinking about running some Multi-Melta melee Dreads in my footslog assault army.
>>
>>47906992
>still
They never really were. Base 4 attacks is decent but they still suffer the handicap of being walkers.

That said, there are worse ways to use them than stock melta. Have you considered drop pods? Melta dreads make good use of them. I say this because some people still use pods in their ostensibly footslogging armies because of forced disembarkation and so on.
>>
>>47906891
The IG Psyker formation is objectively better in terms of bonuses to the units within it. Only thing Conclave has on it is access to the new cheddar powers.
>>
>>47906986
I like my GW-store manager too. Usually friendly, lets me try out stuff like paints before I buy them. Open to suggestions like we really could do with another wood for this board.
Does some special events, like an apocalypse game every now and then.
>>
>>47906891
Can't named greater daemons not buy upgrades?
>>
>>47907036
mine doesnt go as far as letting me try paints but thats not really an issue

he did however overlook the fact that I was using pirated rules and codexes on my phone and told me about the DV core rule book when i complained about not wanting to buy the £50 800 page one, so I returned the favour and bought my codex, dice and supplement from him
>>
>>47906952
I said, think of it like that as a metaphor. Using store resources without using the store for its purpose (sell you stuff) is kinda dick tier.
>>
>>47907012
This is true, but Conclave can also ride bikes, have jump packs or be terminators, as well as hide in units. Cheese power access is only the icing on the cake of a versatile formation with great bonuses and access to every BRB power in the game.

You are right about the IG formation bonuses being better, though. Come to think of it, can't they roll on Malefic? It fucks the fluff, but pseudo-ignore perils and harness on a 2+ would make those cheap units excellent summoning material.
>>
My store manager doesn't just let me try colors.
I'm new to the hobby and don't have all colors yet, so he just lets me use the store's paints for my models when I go there to paint.
He's BAE
>>
>>47907067
Psykana Division is perfect for summoning because of these reasons. They can technically summon a tonne of greater daemons without a squad wipe.
>>
>>47906769
>he gets 3+D6
What?
He gets 3 rolls on the table no more.
>>
>>47907082
>They can technically summon a tonne of greater daemons without a squad wipe.
No, they can't.
>>
>>47906964
Define "serious" games? Like competitive, or what? I'm only really interested in playing campaign style game
>>
>>47907054
They can't, but that's why your ML3 Herald takes Paradox.

>>47907082
>summon a tonne of greater daemons without a squad wipe
How do they do this? I thought the ruling was that Brotherhood of Psykers summoning in such a way instagibbed the whole unit?
>>
>>47907101
>>47907099
Hmm, maybe I'm wrong. I was just going off what I was told that you only lose one Psyker to summon the Demon.
>>
>>47906762
LoL. Im adding 3 of these too my lists.
>>
>>47907101
Too bad Tzeentch Heralds can't take Invisibility, rendering the point moot.
>>
>>47907110
>if the Psyker was part of a unit with the Brotherhood of Psykers/Sorcerers special rule, remove the entire unit as casualties)

Sadly untrue, else Horror squads would be even more insane than they already are.
>>
>Knight Errand has better initiative than Ork Boyz
Melee army
>>
>>47907010
I'll consider it. Would make for some cool visuals too, having an army of angry super humans run at you with chainswords in hand as big robots drop from the sky behind you.
>>
>buy everything from ebay or china
>go to gw a few times a month to game with bros
>i dont give a shit about the store, we could just as easily play at somebodys house anyway
>manager is an annoying manlet
>he asks me why i never buy models but always come in with new shit
>'because i buy them on ebay for like 60% off'
>he gets visibly upset but cant say anything because hes just some sloppy manlet
>i continue 'id buy from you if your prices were lower than ebay..'
>my friends are cracking up because they know i hate GW for fucking over fantasy and couldnt care less about gaming there, since its the same distance to my friends house anyway. we just go there for the table
>manlets face is completely red, he wants to fight but knows he'd get rekt.
>he says 'you guys know that a lot of GWs are banning FW? ive been t-thinking about doing it too' (we have a lot of FW models)
>i say 'oh, thats cool. all of our FW is from china anyway'
>he makes a weird voice cracking screech and runs off in tears
we still go there like twice a month. he doesnt talk to me anymore. kek
>>
>>47907130
If you must, take it in a generic LoC, but in any case it need not be used solely for Invis. Malefic is good too for Cursed Earth Screamerstar shenanigans or just summoning more WC machines/distraction greater daemons when he's about to bite it.
>>
Folks, do the salamanders get an attack bonus with flamers, or do they only get (if im not mistaken?) the feel no pain when fired upon with flamers?
>>
>>47906868
Can you only use the free dice to cast this, or is it the free dice + whatever you want to dedicate from your pool?
>>
>>47907163
They reroll to wound/penetrate with flamers, and also get the fnp 4+ against flames.
>>
>>47907067
Hiding in units doesn't really work for a proper Conclave as the reason you are taking it requires the Psykers to be close together. Losing more Wrydvanes because of clumping isn't nearly as painful as losing a bunch of marines because your bubblewrap squads needed to be smushed together. Also correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't using the "By your powers combined I am captain psyker" ability mean the individual psykers can't do their own shit in the Conclave?

Not saying it's bad, it's the cheapest way of squeezing in a couple Psykers in any Imperial list.
>>
>>47907177
It's free dice for that power only, plus whatever you want to chuck in from your pool.
>>
>>47907153
>Lord of Change
>access to Telepathy
Shit, nigga, have you ever even seen Daemons played? You don't seem to know jack.
>>47907163
Did you read their Chapter Tactics? Did you read their detachment benefits in Angels of Death? What exactly are you confused about?
>>
>>47907185
They can all hide in the same unit if need be. It's a pretty generous 12" bubble from the leader and being ICs their LoS passes on 2+, they give no fucks. It's also true that only the leader can cast, and to be fair the FAQ gave the formation a rather substantial nerf by limiting number of powers cast to the caster's ML, but I suppose you could spin it that Marines are about quality (and variety) of powers rather than quality.
>>
>>47907094
Psychic phase
"at the beginning of each psychic phase the player whos turn it is rolls a D6, each player takes dice equal to the value rolled"

"each player then adds dice equal the the combined mastery level of all psyker units they have on the tabletop, these dice are added to the warp charge pool"

dunno where you are getting 3 dice only from unless invisibility only lets you roll 3 dice total, i'm not that clued into the psychic phase what with not have any psykers in my army
>>
>>47907134
Wait, wat? Please spoon feed this retarded daemon player, do my pinks always die if I summon with them?
>>
>>47907227
Seems to be some confusion, I'm talking about his chances of getting invisibility, he rolls 3 times on the powers table, so its no guarantee he has invisibility during the game.
>>
>>47907080
No one in their right mind is gonna let you do that, hell even retail stores that sell nail polish would frown at that silly idea.

>>47907228
if they summon a greater daemon it kills the squad, if they summon a herald 1 member of the squad dies.
>>
>>47907228
Greater daemon yes, herald no.
>>
>>47907228
For Possession. Try to keep up.
>>47907227
They're talking about how many rolls he gets for generating powers. Try to keep up.
>>
File: imretarded.gif (2 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
imretarded.gif
2 MB, 240x180
>>47907204
You're right, I'm actually fucking retarded.
I blame that it's been years since I've seen/used LoC that wasn't Fateweaver
>>
>>47906507
There are people in this thread right now who don't have an LGS.

I would buy from them if I had one.
>>
>>47907244
ah i see now, my bad

I havnt seen him play anyone else yet so i dont know if he quits if he doesnt get invis, but he probably quit because:

He had invis and lost it out of his own stupidity
He lost his psyker without any damage done, so he lost a huge unit to support his WK
His 50% army investment into the WK didnt deal any damage on his first turn and was about to be lit up by 2 missilesides with seekermissiles
Unless he sacrifices his WK to dealing no large damage for another turn, the culexus now had free reign on fucking all of his scatter bikes up in the backline with no real threat of being taken out

I dont think he would quit if he didnt get invis on his turns, but i assume he just thought it wasnt worth his time to play instead of going out fighting
>>
>>47907310
How many scat bikes? 10 should be able to table most 750 pt opponents...
>>
>>47907262
I give mine a Mutating Warpblade, and 2 greaters then assault people
>>
>>47907331
Aren't Eldar FUN?
>>
>>47907331

he had 12 scatter bikes, he literally bought WK and farseer, then filled the board with as many scatter bikes as he had points left
>>
>>47906868
Warpflame host
>>
File: disgust.jpg (44 KB, 294x287) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
44 KB, 294x287
>>47907374
>>
>>47907374
Strike him down.
>>
Can you use the Black Templar Upgrade Kit on the Betrayal at Calth Tacticals?
Because that would make my wallet rock hard
>>
>>47907457
yes
>>
>>47907374
He can move 18" a turn and has 48 36" S6 Bs4 shots. If he loses to anything but massed av13/14 he is worthless.
>>
>>47907462
hnGGGGGGGGGGG
>>
>>47906746

Agree 100%. Bricks and mortar stores are a business model from the pre-internet age. Most of the money from GW's overpriced product is going back into renting storefronts and paying redshirts. By contrast, most FLGSs are able to buy product at a cost price of 50%, and still sell at significantly below RRP, that's a whole shitload more efficient. I know that people need a space to play, but FLGSs are much better placed to do that in an economically viable way.
>>
>>47907472
do eldar actually have a weakness what the fuck

I guess i could go iridium armor and use the webber to make them get hot but 2+ isnt going to save me vs that mount of shots
>>
>>47907462
>>47907484
too bad BT suck dick in 7th
why would you even play them
>>
>>47907515
7th sucks dick in general

real niggas play 4th
>>
>>47907457
You need plain marine torso backs, because the BT sprue only gives the front halves and the tactical Armour in BaC has those straps on the back half.
>>
File: 1459831191513.jpg (515 KB, 1000x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459831191513.jpg
515 KB, 1000x1200
>>47907504
well they're t3 but yeah eldar are S rank compared to everything else. but hey at least stealth chainswords are awesome right? have a picture of a guardsman casually being murdered then thrown away for your troubles
>>
>>47907504
>do eldar actually have a weakness
No.
Even if they don't take Wraithknights, Scatbikes or farseers most builds are still top tier.

The worst unit in the codex is 13pt ws/bs4 s/t3 4+ sv i5 power sword wielding elites choices.
>>
>>47907522
>4th
>not 3rd
Behold newfags and their lack of appreciation for Rhino Rush.
>>
>>47907567
rhino rush is cancer
>>
>>47907576
I bet you play Fish of Fury.
>>
>>47906856

The reason the UK lacks a big LGS scene, for example, is because GW have driven most of them out of business. Take the GW stores away, and other businesses will move into that gap.

As a sort of related example, I live quite close to Darksphere in London. They sell GW stuff at a steep discount, as well as plenty of other games, they have a pretty enormous store in a railway arch with a shitload of tables, they have half a dozen staff working there, long opening hours, and they're always busy. That's the kind of thing you need from your FLGS, not a one-man store with no gaming space, one product line, and a pissy manager.
>>
>>47907567
>not 3rd
Fuck off with your ranger disruption tables and fall of altansar lists.
>>
>>47907593
That's interesting, the biggest stores I've been to had maybe 3 people working on even their busiest day.
>>
>>47907582
fuck i hate tau so much.

fuck that im going back to 2nd ed
>>
>>47907593
>Another anon goes to DS
My nigga - traded in loads of old mtg + 40k stuff there to fund my new Daemons

I wish there were more DS tier stores around
>>
>>47907336
Isn't the Warpblade a Greater Gift so that would be 3 Greater Gifts or 60 pts in Rewards?
>>
So /tg/, what's bad about the Wraithknight aside from its rules? I like the model and I've been getting the urge to build and paint one or three with no intention of fielding it. Do I just have shit taste?
>>
Just got Angels of Death.
Is the Imperial Fists formation actually good?
It sounds pretty good for a classic, bolter based shooty Marine army that doesn't run grav and shit.

>Superior Bolter Drill: Models in this Detachment with the Bolter Drill special rule re-roll ALL failed To Hit rolls made for bolt pistols, boltguns, storm bolters, heavy bolters, and combi-weapons that are firing as boltguns, instead of only re-rolling To Hit Rolls of 1. This rule also applies to models firing hellfire, kraken, vengeance or dragonfire rounds
>>
>>47907652
they just cost a disproportionately small amount of points for what they do

the unit itself is fucking badass as far as lore goes
>>
>>47907652
>what's bad about the Wraithknight aside from its rules?
Well its the most undercosted super heavy/Gargantuan in the game, is spammable, and can wield the D.
>I like the model and I've been getting the urge to build and paint one
Its a fun model, and very posable.
>with no intention of fielding it.
bit of a waste if you play eldar.
>Do I just have shit taste?
No.
>>
>>47907554
>worst unit
Nigga that's not how you spell Stormfag Guardians
>>
>>47907652
>whats bad about it beside its rules

the rules are what make it so powerful, its cheap as fuck, is a GC, has T8 and 6W and 4 D strength attacks which can make its points back in a single attack

on top of that you can make it invisible and can only be hit via snapshots, its stupidly powerful and stupidly tanky for its price

if you want to paint one because you like painting then there is nothing wrong with it, its a very pretty model
>>
>>47907652
The Wraithknight is cheap in points, compare to every other Lord of War in the game. Being a gargantuan creature gives it a huge advantage over a knight titan.

Hell my chaos daemons lords of war pale in comparsion. I can't take the daemon lords due to forgeworld 25% rule, lord of skulls is 888, the ruinstorm princes are alright but eh, and every other choice is expensive.

>>47907667
Still just bolters, sure it'll work against daemons but against say other meq or crisis suits it's not gonna do much.
>>
>>47907687
So I'm stuck being a Gladiusfag?
Fuck
>>
>>47907652
They are 75-200 pts under cost
>Depending on who you ask.

But my biggest gripe, is that they are GC.
I don't necessarily dislike GC, but it's a prime example of power creep.

>If GC / SHW Stomp was size based. Like Knight-Equalivant get Stomp (Very Bulky) they can only stomp Very Bulky and smaller.

Might be that I'm salty I have MCs equal to or more expensive than some SHW / GC and watching them be stomped away really grinds my gears.
>>
>>47907681
>Storm Guardians
>not taking massed units of 8 with 2 fusion guns and 2 power weapons and swamping people in 64pt death squads.
>>
>>47907593
>more assumptions
If GW falls off the high street the space will be filled with fucking betting shops, coffee shops, and Claire's Accessories or whatever the fuck it's called. Darkspere's great, I go there too sometimes, but it's an exception not a rule - is there even another FLGS in London that's decent and well-known?
>>
>>47907687
>25% rule

I have no idea what this means but i'm going to be buying some stuff for tau off FW soon, care to fill me in?
>>
Lords of Wars and super heavies should be banned permanently besides codex specific characters belonging in the Lord of War slot.
>>
>>47907686
They get 4 shots? I thought each cannon only got 1?
>>
>>47907687
>>47907697
Wait, can't Centurion Devastators fuck up most MEQs and MCs?
>>
>>47907714
I'm talking specifically about the glaive because thats why its so cheap because it doesnt need to pay for it, should have clarified
>>
>>47906575
>>drop 30 combi gravs
How?
>>
>>47907710
this. just open apocalypse at 2k and let people go nuts.

keep 1850 pure
>>
>>47907733
drop pods
>>
>>47907100
Yeah, competitive games like tourneys against waacfaggots with cheese lists.
>>
>>47907705
It's just for the daemon lords, they can't be more then 25% of your points. So in order to field Zarakynel the special keeper of secrets you need to have a list at least 2665. It's pretty good for balance; but forgeworld is behind the times when lords of war are common. The fluff is summoning a greater daemon can crush entire armies while the daemon lords spell doom for entire sectors but they're not that amazing these days. Except Aetaos'Rau'Keres who can wipe out a lot by himself, but he's 999 points so it's fair.

>>47907710
Get with the times you old goat. War has changed.

>>47907719
Grav can fuck up just about everything yes, even against daemons you'll at least be rerolling on the 6 to wound roll.
>>
>>47907733
3 × units of 10 Sternguard, each with a combi-grav, combat squaded, each unit with a Drop Pod + 2 empty Drop Pods to get 3 drop pods to arrive T1

>1135 pts to kill 670 pts
>>
>>47907698
Stomps are absolutely retarded. Who that fuck thought a 17% chance per stomp to just outright delete shit would be fun?
>>
>>47907760
Grav is looked down upon heavily at my local game store meta, I don't wanna be that guy.
Can Cents with Las Cannons deal with them as well or is that a no?
>>
>>47907670
>>47907676
>>47907686
>>47907687
>>47907698
Cheers Anons, I'll pick one up when i next buy then. The rare game I play is usually against CSM and my fluffy Ulthwe is already more than enough for him, I'd never live it down if I actually brought a Wraithknight to the table, but the model is badass and will no doubt enjoy its place on my shelf alongside the Crimson Hunter I bought a couple months ago.
>>
Why don't the Gods just make every single CSM into a Demon Prince?
Their army would be unstoppable.
>>
>>47907782
They're okay. If you run Lascannon / ML the Cents cost the same as a Grav Cannon/ Hurricane Bolter Cent.

You get 3 S9 AP2 and S8AP3.
So you'll lay on the hurt, plus you'll be far away (48" max vs 24").
>>
>>47907777
>1135 pts to kill 670 pts
yeah but the typhon just kills everything else so it dont matter
>>
>>47907810
Why doesn't the Emperor just make every single SoB into a Living Saint?
His army would be unstoppable.
>>
File: 1449948631292.jpg (67 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1449948631292.jpg
67 KB, 625x626
>>47907810
they're not all worthy

>>47907842
an undead living god isn't that much help
>>
>>47907810
Why don't the eldar just make every aspect warrior into an avatar and every other eldar into a wraithknight?

Their army would be marginally more broken that currently.
>>
>>47907893
>every other eldar into a wraithknight?
Only Eldar twins can become a Wraithknight. With the dead twin's spirit inside the Knight with the living twin the pilot.

Unless I'm remembering my fluff wrong.
>>
>>47907760
It's not just for Daemons, it's for all FW LoW. Or at least for 30k.
>>
>>47907919
But you're fine with every aspect warrior becoming an avatar of khaine, right?
>>
>>47907936
you can only have one avatar per craftworld/maiden world/ Shard of Khaine.
>>
>>47907701

>is there even another FLGS in London that's decent and well-known?

Dunno, I live down the road from Darksphere.

Anyway, point is that there's a market for LGSs, and if anything the likes of Darksphere are a demonstration that they don't need hugely expensive high-street space, but can thrive in out-of-the-way locations because their clientele will seek them out. The main obstacle to their success is that GW has half the market for tabletop gaming, and they have a store round the corner.
>>
>>47907962
>they don't need hugely expensive high-street space, but can thrive in out-of-the-way locations because their clientele will seek them out
Well yeah, who wants to fight through crowds of normies and struggle to find parking only to have to carry your precious army through said crowds?
>>
>>47907504
Yeah, if they arent faggots.
Anyways, whats a decent way to run about 750 points of harlequin allies in an eldar army with mass guardians/dire avengers and a fire prism + swooping hawks?
>>
File: 1436458069342.jpg (49 KB, 493x828) Image search: [Google]
1436458069342.jpg
49 KB, 493x828
>>47907554
DONT YOU TALK SHIT ABOUT MY BANSHEES
>>
>>47908032
>eldar
>not being faggots
>>
>>47907810
This is their entertainment.

The chaos gods are infinite and total victory, while assured, would be stagnant and lead to Age of Sigmar
>>
>>47907737
>1850
>pure
Choose one and only one
>>
>>47908054
People who pick eldar as a 2nd or 3rd army tend to try to gimp themselves as they already know how op their codex is I find
>>
File: 1450202269959.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1450202269959.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
>>47908044
Your Xeno scum waifu is shit!

>>47907929
Interesting, I gotta admit I didn't bother looking at other lords of war besides them.
>>
So I can barely read the images on mobile, did today's Dark Angels FAQ/Errata change anything significant?
>>
>>47907810
Because that would take too much of their power, and they already have an infinite army of daemons.
>>
>>47907823
Thanks, Anon!
>>
>>47908101
>Help! Im drowning!
>>
>>47908118
>the floor is lavlbblblblblbablbblbsl
>>
>>47908101
>>47908118
Should have been a Salamander.

>Jump in, the water's fine!
>>
Guys I beg your pardon for the most stupid question ever, but not only I am new, I am quite fucking dumb and even as I read the codices and online, I can't understand shit about formations.
Since I am very fond of Salamanders, I learnt they can have the Flameblade strike force. But fuck me, I can't understand what it's made of. Can someone make an example?
Also for some reason all images on google are blurry as hell and are unreadable.
>>
File: ScarbladeContingent.jpg (139 KB, 913x358) Image search: [Google]
ScarbladeContingent.jpg
139 KB, 913x358
>>47908136
https://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Angels-of-Death
3rd image shows what you need from link.
The book should be in the OP megaupload link
>>
>>47908136
Angels of death, page 92, at the bottom. You need 1 core, 1 aux to create the detachment. Fill in what you need from there.

Example: 1 Demi-battle company (core) and 1 1st company task force (aux) creates a legal detachment. You can add more stuff as mentioned on the bottom of page 92.
>>
>>47906470
>Wraithknight
>Tank Killers
Does GW truly believe that wraithknights are only tank hunter?
>>
>>47908203
>What is swooping hawks with haywire spam
>What is fire prisms with s9 ap1 60" lance
>What is warp spiders
>What is fire dragons
>What is Vauls support battery with D-Cannon
>What is wraithguard/wraithlord
I dont think they sat down and thought about this
>>
>>47908244
i mean not even Tank Bustas are in that list of Tank Killers it makes me rather sad
>>
>>47906498
oh god, 10/10
>>
>>47907810
Why don't the Tau just put every Fire Warrior in a Riptide/battle suit?
Their Army would be unstoppable.
>>
>>47908172
>>47908190
Hm, thanks
>>
File: Heeeeere's Johnny.jpg (130 KB, 411x669) Image search: [Google]
Heeeeere's Johnny.jpg
130 KB, 411x669
Anyone heard more of the rumored BA codex this year or am I setting myself up for disappointment?
>>
>>47907810
Why don't the tyranids just breed masses of hive tyrants with wings?

>>
>>47908296
No rumours whatsoever about BA.
>>
>>47908290
>putting fresh recruits into suits that, if destroyed, take the surrounding area with them when their nova reactor goes up in flames

ignoring the cost of the suits, this is a big reason
>>
>>47907810
Why don't the Orks get a decent codex?
Their army would be playable.
>>
>>47908317
Because one of the rule writers is cursed and every time he tries to make a decent Ork codex it becomes the opposite of it depending on how good it is?
>>
>>47908296
>Anyone heard more of the rumored BA codex this year.
>more

I mean, I don't follow the rumors too closely, but this is the first I heard of ANY mention of new Blood Angle stuff, besides the Start Collecting coming out in the next week or so.

>Although GW FAQ all LOYALIST Dreadnoughts into having +2 A, so maybe when the Blood Angels FAQ comes out Scouts will get +1 WS/BS.
>>
>>47908317
No good rules for NPC-Factions
>>
>rhinos aren't assault vehicles
>but if they blow up you can charge out of their wreckage

not sure whether to kek or cry
>>
File: image.jpg (254 KB, 1000x1105) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254 KB, 1000x1105
Dark angels FAQ is out
>>
>>47908373
Re-read the rules, no you cant. If your transport gets wrecked or explodes, you can only charge if it was Assault Vehicle or Open-Topped.
>>
File: image.jpg (254 KB, 1000x1105) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254 KB, 1000x1105
>>
File: image.jpg (285 KB, 1000x1105) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
285 KB, 1000x1105
>>
File: image.jpg (236 KB, 1000x1105) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
236 KB, 1000x1105
>>
>>47908414
>how do i not lose the game from not having models on the table
>"put models on the table"

some people are fucking retarded holy shit
>>
File: image.jpg (260 KB, 1000x1105) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
260 KB, 1000x1105
>>
>>47908430
Ah, they remembered to include that errata. Jolly good.
>>
File: image.jpg (290 KB, 1000x1105) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
290 KB, 1000x1105
>>47908440
Yep
>>
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 1000x1105) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 1000x1105
And that's all folks
>>
What's the most fun army to play against?
>>
>>47908392
>>47908405
>>47908414
>>47908430
>>47908441
>>47908458
>>47908466
GEE I SURE DIDN'T WANT TO PLAY PURE DEATHWING ANYWAY I-I'M NOT EVEN MAD GW N-N-NONT ONE BIT!
>>
>>47908466
Thanks for the share. But good god some of these just seemed so stupid...

>Formation says if one unit starts in reserve all units in formation start in reserve... but if I take a flier in reserve does everything else have to be in reserve?

>How do I not auto lose turn one using Deathwing?

>Can I take Wargear X even though it's not listed?

Are people that stupid...
>>
>>47908509
Dark angels players are. Remember that story of the guy taking dark angel cents because "they forgot to include them in the codex."
>>
>>47906507

The thing about a LGS is that they cannot contend with the online prices. Thus they must offer something else, something you don't get for awaiting delivery from your super-saving-online-shop. They must give you an experience! With dedicated staff, good environment and a broad supply of goods, you are bound to get stuff because you
1- like the place, and wants to support it.
2- get it for almost the same price as it would cost online with shipping included
3- impulse buy, impulse buy, impulse buy!

The third and most crucial point is the winner here, because without our smart phones and gadgets, we are just the simplest of creatures. And our brain will tell us to buy shit we don't really need/can afford at the moment/just want to try out. And the industry knows this, its that simple.

But I wouldn't buy from a LGS that clearly doesn't give a shit. We had a store like that before, who had two guys running it, and only got in to the miniature games part of the business because they thought it was easy money (they used to sell only Airsoft Equipment before). They got a big stock, put up a table, and just sat on their assess all day long, waiting for money to come in. No events, no customer relations (hell, they didn't even play the games themselves!), no expertise, no nothing.
I can honestly say, the only time I bought stuff from them whats when their business crashed and they had a total sell out.
Now we have a great LGS, with dedicated staff, a membership driven game club in the basement with a yearly cost, and all money in goes back to the players (terrain, board games, hell they even built a toilet downstairs just for us guys!). This is a store I can spend money in!
>>
>>47908498
depends on the power of your army but if you're running a low power list my favorites are orks and nids
>>
>>47908539
I'm kinda scared to see when GW gets to my faction, not because what they'll do, because there's little ambiguity in our rules, but because I'll see all the idiotic questions asked.
>>
>>47908500

Dark Angels are explicitly the only space marine faction who cannot field pure terminator detachments.
>>
>>47908539

I use allied cents for my DA force, I painted them up to match the rest of my list, and I play using the allied force org, all according to the rules. Same goes to some of my flyers I have painted up in Ravenwing style. I know its not right by fluff, but it looks great and I think its retarded they dont get to use them, so I do what I can with what I got.

That being said, simply putting guys in the list is pure cheating, and I would call any player who tried this trick out. He could still play it, but he better do it with unbound rules set if need be.
>>
>>47908696
Which is totally fine by me, forge the narrative however you want
>>
File: Capture6.png (325 KB, 1016x851) Image search: [Google]
Capture6.png
325 KB, 1016x851
What's an appropriate title for a 40k harem anime?
>>
>>47908855
>Is it wrong to pick up chicks in a battlezone?!
>>
>>47908855
How to be Blammed: Five Easy Steps
one episode
>>
>>47908855
Whoreus heresy
>>
>>47908392
>>47908405
Where did you find this? All the FAQs on the BL and GW sites are from 2015 at best. Do they upload them somewhere new now?
>>
>>47908897
facebook
>>
>>47908591

I have played DW exclusive since the DA got their first independent Codex, this bothers me to some degree. But whats worse is how stupidly good (even better after the FaQ) the Rawenwing has gotten! Its absurd, almost to the point of rule abuse when you look at how good their lists are. I'm tempted to get some just for the hell of it!
>>
>>47908897
Facebook. Official Warhammer 40,000 page. Also check out White Dwarf and Regimental Standard. Especially RS sometimes posts totally lulzy stuff.
>>
>>47908903
Danke. I'm assuming these being listed as "drafts" means the finished ones will eventually end up on GW's site?
>>
anyway to get meltaguns for cheap i need some for my suicide melta assault squads
>>
>>47909054
ebay
>>
>>47908855
>Long Dong Silver: Lord Commissar
>>
Which armies have been given these draft FAQs so far?
Do you need a FB account to view them?
>>
>>47909200
Space Wolves, Space Marines, Cult Mechanicius, Skitarii, Militarum Tempestus, Dark Angels, and BRB.

And no, no FB required.
>>
>>47909373
>>47909200
as well as KDK, knights, assassins, deathwatch, geanstealer cults, the FW blood oath book,
>>
File: 1457020169149.jpg (510 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1457020169149.jpg
510 KB, 1000x1000
>Recently got in WH40K
>Bought Start Collecting Orks since Orks are the best for teknologie
>Love the aesthetic, love putting together the ork pieces and bitz
>Find out they're the worst race in their current edition

Damn, ah well I don't plan to play the game anyway, yet. How long does it take for new editions to come out?
>>
>>47909433
>>47909373
>>47909200
and sisters, inquisition, and legion of the damned
>>
>>47909439
>orks are the worst book
Have you heard of our lord and saviour, space0din?
>>
>>47909433
>>47909453

Dang, I remembered KDK after I posted, but forgot about the rest of them. Thanks for keeping me honest.
>>
>>47909439
A new edition doesn't guarantee a new codex or if it will even be good. That being said, there might be 8th edition rules in 2017.
>>
>>47909439
Either this year or next for new edition
Orks are screwed for various reasons, mostly due to insane power creep in the form of superheavies, grav, invisibility, D weapons and stomp attacks. Play against someone who doesn't take that shit.
>>
>>47909439
Here, download this. It's the Space 0Din codex for Orks, that fixes literally everything. Play it with your friends and avoid WAACFAGS like the plague.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex%20-%20Orks%207th%20Edition%20Update%20[Space%20Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0
>>
File: tychoBW.jpg (231 KB, 1680x914) Image search: [Google]
tychoBW.jpg
231 KB, 1680x914
Fucking Orks!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>47909548

Orks are not for sexual.
>>
>>47909548
Tycho my brother calm down
>>
>>47908911
More $ to be made on Ravenwing. They know more people owned DW armies, now they are trying to force you to buy RW army kits. Lots of them.

The codex pushed this hard, but apparently they are gonna milk it even harder via this faq.

I still play Kill Team and the occasional 1500 point game. But idk how anyone can buy into this joke of a game. Stop rewarding them with purchases. They way they manage their game is unforgivable.
>>
>>47909488
None of those things are a problem, though. D weapons don't kill Orks any deader than Boltguns do, Grav is useless against them, and invisibility barely hurts them because >BS2.

There's plenty of reasons why Orks are shit, but none of those are among them.
>>
>>47907810
Why don't the Imperium just make every single citizen into a Space Marine?
>>
>>47909712
Though being an early 7e codex where GW was dialing back and erring on the side of bland and weak did.

Leading to overcosted models/upgrades.

My personal favorite is Nobs with Klaws costing more than MANz.
>>
Would you support a Troops tax of 25% next edition?

i.e. 1/4 of your points must be spent on Troops.
>>
File: Fuck you, Elf!.webm (749 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you, Elf!.webm
749 KB, 854x480
>>47907652
>Do I just have shit taste?
They do have huge guts, so I guess you don't at least not entirely...
>>
>>47909830
I don't see why I would want it, some codex's have good troops and some have shit troops.
I like the system we have now even if some formations are over the top.
>>
>>47907810
They like mortal servants and worshipers who can exist normally in real-space?
>>
>>47909830
Troops should just be worth taking. Unless you base your whole list around them they kinda suck right now (generally)
>>
>>47909830
I'm fine with this. I already run 50% of my army as troops with 6 leman russ tanks.
>>
File: 1457403769092.png (1 MB, 720x958) Image search: [Google]
1457403769092.png
1 MB, 720x958
>>47909830
>Eldar players are still laughing as they unpack their scatbikes
>CSM players once again shafted by an overcosted dildo unless they bring troops that aren't CSM
Nothing much changes.
>>
>>47909830
No, that's retarded. Why would you ever want that? Unless you're playing Elysians so you can take Valkyries as Troops, I guess.
>>
>>47909830
I could see this mitigating the super heavy/flier/lord of war meta but I would put a 25% cap on heavy support as well.
>>
>>47909976
>25% cap on heavy support as well.

How 'bout, no.
>>
>>47910025
Elites too.
>>
>>47906497
>>47906399
I know these posts are ancient, but I just thought I'd remind everyone that the Necron formation isn't just to revive units that are within 3" of the IC. They're revived anywhere, and placed within 3" of him when you put them back on the board.
>>
>>47909830
Absolutely no. While I enjoy gants, I do not wish to be forced to spend 1/4 of my points on a coin toss between two units
>>
>>47909830
I don't care. I gimp myself by playing a Tactical Squad focused Marine list anyways.
>>
>>47909830
Personally would prefer to go back to only Troops capture, with different missions / Formations allowing other slots to also capture.
>>
>>47909830
There should be a 25% maximum on Lords of War.
>>
>>47910037
>>47909976
You would be shafting alot of armies that depend on their other slots that have shitty troop choices.
>>
Why can't we go back to the 3.5 CSM style of toying with the Force Org?
>>
Putting arbitrary limits on changes nothing. All troop choices should be good at doing stuff other than just capping objectives.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.