[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>playing this game with my friend >literally too impatient
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 0605211547.jpg (2 MB, 2700x1908) Image search: [Google]
0605211547.jpg
2 MB, 2700x1908
>playing this game with my friend
>literally too impatient to wait for me to setup
>can't get engaged at all.
>"People find this fun?"
Am I the only young person that has a blast playing board games, or is it maybe because he's a weeb he can't play anything that's an anime?
>>
uh what even game
>>
File: CMNXS0001_M3.jpg (106 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
CMNXS0001_M3.jpg
106 KB, 300x300
>>47891921
Xenoshyft:onslaught
>>
>>47891903
>Am I the only young person that has a blast playing board games
Yes
>>
>>47891903

Nah, ur friend's an impatient self absorbed fuckwit who watches cartoons for 12 yearolds. Learning how to explain game rules in a concise and accurate manner for new players is important though.
>>
>>47891903
Your friend has been ruined by our quick-fix, instant oatmeal society. If he can't swipe left on a screen and level up, he's not interested.
Find a new friend, or find similar hobbies.

How Young?
>>
Your friend sounds a little immature. I'm a vidya/weeb/instant gratification lover myself but even I recognize that sometimes it takes a little setup and thought to have a truly immersive and fun experience, and tabletop and board games are a blast like that.
>>
>>47892192
>>
>>47891903
Appart from "people fnd this fun?". This describes me pretty well. Then again I have severe ADHD. I literally cannot do the other three things without my meds.
>>
>>47892152
>anime
>for 12 year olds
Holy shit you can't be this dumb can you?
>>
>>47891903
It sounds to me like he didn't actually want to play in the first place and was being super passive-aggressive about it.

Also, learning a new board game can be kind of a chore so if you end up not liking the game it feels like a lot of wasted time.
>>
>friend wont shut up about game he plays
>finally breakdown and agree to play with him so I can see what it is about or get him to shut up
>brings out box big enough to hide wedding cake in
>begins setting up 150+ pieces of crap
>browse web, see him glaring at me
>gives me 10 minutes of background info on game before he starts rules
>15 minutes of rules
>finally begin playing
>keeps adding rules
>demands I give him 100% attention, wont talk about anything else
>realizes I am not having fun, storms off
>find him crying later while typing on his laptop in the dark

So, should I put fuckboi in a dress or stop coming over to his house to hit on his mom?
>>
>>47892989
Can Chad still be a Chad when he has ADHD?
>>
>>47891903
>>47892344
I'm 23 and I've been playing Tabletop since I was 12. In the party I've been with since I was 16, my currently youngest player is 19. My old boss and I have been thinking of getting a bunch of our old employees to do a couple of games, as they are interested. They are all 17/18. So given that I'm young and have had a history of playing with young folks and playing tabletop for a long time, hear me out.

This stuff is not for everyone. Its a fairly involved hobby. Its near the precipice of nerd activity. Its long and involved at best. Respect that your friend has certain interests, and that they might not be the same as yours, as its fairly obvious that this kind of stuff isn't for him. Making an offer to share your interests to friends who might not be exposed to it is just being a friend. Constantly trying to make it work with him is almost always going to be fruitless, if he isn't into it the first couple of times.
>>
>>47892989
It wasn't like that senpai. Really xenonauts is easy as fuck to setup and only takes a good 15 minutes. Plus its really fucking easy. I didn't even need to explain too much of the rules for him so i'd say like 3 minutes of rule explaining.
Feel like my friend simply didn't even give it a chance. The guy literally kept begging to play yugioh or pokemon on table top sim instead.
>>
>>47893295
I played munchkin and flux with him. He liked it. Plus he liked a lot of babby first board games like sorry and game of life.
>>
>>47893535
That doesn't mean he's interested in every card game or every board game. I love D&D and PF and Shadowrun and Numeria. I like Tokaido and T.I.M.E Stories. But even then I'm not guaranteed to like every TTRPG or Xenoshyft.
>>
>>47894173
Of course I don't expect him to like every board/card game. It's just that he and alot of my friends don't like board games or card games that get too complex or isn't weeb enough for them to really get into it.
I don't want him to play every board game with me there are some board games I don't like either but when I pop anything like this or battle star galactica they turn there nose up because
>Le too complex
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.