[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eating raw flesh of immortal races (elves, orcs, goblins and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 16
File: tartare.jpg (45 KB, 660x330) Image search: [Google]
tartare.jpg
45 KB, 660x330
Eating raw flesh of immortal races (elves, orcs, goblins and trolls) rejuvenates the mortal races (humans, halflings, dwarfs) and also works as panacea (immortal races never get sick)

Any suggestion how to make this work, without coming up too creepy.
>>
File: absolutely not.jpg (30 KB, 294x278) Image search: [Google]
absolutely not.jpg
30 KB, 294x278
>>
Why though?
Seems like half a step away from troll farms and goblin ranches.
>>
>>47890619
Put it into a setting with like a dozen other such remedies. All others don't work
Horn of rhino, fin of shark and so on.Make it seem like a stupid superstition since it's rare to meet people who actually want to murder sentient beings and eat their flesh raw. Since that's really unhealthy and hard to hunt since you know, fight back and really mistrustful of humans, halflings and dwarves because of that supersition.
>>
>>47890619
Have only bizarre backwoods tribals do it, the urban church forbids it.
>>
Thank you for a new grimdark feature
To make it not creepy, maybr have it be part of a ritual where a dying immortal (sounds dumb) voluntarily forfeits their essence to a mortal ?
>>
>>47890744
I don't want to have goblin ranches.

Perhaps dieties consider willingly eating even twisted and evil races unforgivable deadly sin that results in eternity of torture in afterlife.
>>
>>47890619
You can't. The only way it can work is in a dark and creepy context.
>>
>>47890795
>dieties
Ehehe
>>
>>47890795
>Eating immortal race makes you younger
>But you'll be tortured when you die
>Once you start, you have to keep eating more and more immortal food so you can stay alive as long as possible and flee the eternal torture
Oh boy
>>
>>47890864
But you'll gonna die eventually from accident or violence, so it's not really a smart move. Only useful if you need more time to ascend a s a dark god or something.

I am going for a bit of a christian angle here, like how seling your soul to Satan can give you great things for a few decades in this life in exchange for you being his bitch forever once you die
>>
>>47890619
I like whose. My favorite dish in Czech Republic.
>>
File: Orcwort.gif (117 KB, 354x482) Image search: [Google]
Orcwort.gif
117 KB, 354x482
>>47890744
Don't forget elf gardens and orc orchards.
>>
File: TAS_WHISKEY051910_122250a_8col.jpg (39 KB, 332x498) Image search: [Google]
TAS_WHISKEY051910_122250a_8col.jpg
39 KB, 332x498
>>47890619
>immortal races
>orcs, goblins
Full-on homebrewin', eh?
>>
>>47890619
This process is highly addictive and gradually transforms you into your race's immortal counterpart, without fully granting their magical abilities.
Once you reach the end of your normal lifespan, you are an equally potent source of panacea but easier to hunt, so you can't live among your own kind anymore.
Now that I've said it, I guess that's too similar to being undead in a way, so it might not be interesting.
>>
>>47890795

And this, ladies and gents, is where liches come from.
>>
>>47891303
> goblins
Not really a setting but Goblins are immortal in Dwarf Fortress.
>>
>>47890619
>Eating raw flesh of immoral races (elves, orcs, goblins and trolls) rejuvenates the moral races (humans, halflings, dwarfs) and also works as panacea (immoral races never get sick)
>>
>>47891291
>orc orchard
...so an orchard then?
>>
All I know is that Wendigos are the the way to go
>>
>>47890619
>Not topping it with raw onion
Fucking heretics.
>>
>>47890619
>immortal races
>goblins
what
>>
>>47891701
Is it really a dish when it's just raw ingredients served on a plate?
>>
>>47890619

Its probably going to be creep no matter what you do. I like it as another explanation for why things with point ears hate humans though. Its why goblonoids and such eat humans back, revenge/spite.

>>47890764
This is a good idea though. Maybe combine it with the benefits being minimal unless done several times or regularly.

>>47891701
>not carving it off your horse as you maraud over europe

4srs tho op's tartar looks like bullshit. Uneven cut, no seasonings, way too much egg for that portion, burnt and uncooked toast, 2/10 plating.
>>
>>47891783
Goblins, pixies, nixies, boggarts and leprechauns are fae in folklore, it's not that weird to have them be unaging.
>>
>>47891336
not if i got anything to say about it
>>
>>47892049
i respect goblins
theyre dumb sneaky little shits with little to their name
but atleast they arent elves
>>
>>47890619
What is there to 'make work'? It's just a natural side effect of how magic operates.

An immortal race's body takes ambient magic in the environment and will automatically use it in an attempt to heal itself. While this effect isn't strong enough to reverse death, freshly consumed flesh will continue to impart this effect on its new host. The downside is that this will slowly begin to corrupt your biology with that of whatever race you consume. A troll-phage, for example, will begin to become slightly stronger, uglier, and clumsier if they persist in such a habit. Depending on how frequently it is done, this side-effect may eventually become a giveaway as to who preys on other races.

But besides all this, even if partaking of this practice imparts some semblance of vitality, why would you want to? There is no shortage of other rituals which will impart an equal or greater effect, without any of the attached stigma.
>>
>>47890619
Make it taboo. Like pedophilia levels of no-no.

If there wasn't some kind of social stigma attached then it would likely have already resulted in the enslavement and farming of at least one of the immortal races or the wholesale genocide of the mortal ones.

As far as the player's interaction with it just make sure you inform them about it OoC so they can decide how their characters feel about it. Mutilating or killing sapient beings for your own gain and gratification is obviously some pretty heinous stuff and should be reacted to appropriately by anyone who learns of it happening.

tl;dr It IS creepy, fuckwit. If it's also a fact in the world you're building then so be it.
>>
>>47890975
There would still be people desperate, or deluded, enough to think that risking eternal damnation might be worth eating their neighbor, Bob, if they have a shot at living for an extra hundred or two years.

Could be a fun idea for a fantasy serial killer.
>>
>>47890864
so you become a lich with meat
or vampire
>>
File: red foreman dumbass award.jpg (38 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
red foreman dumbass award.jpg
38 KB, 350x350
>elves, orcs, goblins and trolls
>immortal
>>
>>47890864
So you just made Fantasy Dark Eldar.
>>
>>47890619
>orcs, goblins, and trolls

I'll have the elf, please.
>>
>>47891303
>>47892721
>>47892796

They are corrupt form of elves. When elf strays from the path of virtue and the rules than govern his caste, his trasngression manifests in physical deformations and over time he turns into evil monster. This proces is irreversible and so most elves that manifest changes are quickly slain, yet still too many manage to escape. Almost all ended as lonesome shapeless and mindless monstrosities plaguing the land, but thrice in history aflicted elf managed to find a way to stop further degradation. These became progenitors of goblins, trolls and orcs.

(and yes, of troll, orc or goblin breeds with elf, the result is the monstrous race, it's original sin kind of deal)
>>
File: 1464586528451.jpg (62 KB, 428x410) Image search: [Google]
1464586528451.jpg
62 KB, 428x410
>>47890781
>The party elf invites you to eat her
>Much confusion arises from the situation
>>
>>47890619
Immortal races are hunted near to extinction. Game takes place centuries later where the stories are just that, stories. Immortal races know the truth, avoid capture/death, a gift of flesh from an immortal is a huge thing for them. Mortals can troll meat as military rations, because they never go empty. Elves give vials of blood to their mortal lovers to keep them looking young. Etc.
>>
File: ghoul_feeding_senecal_dev.jpg (129 KB, 504x403) Image search: [Google]
ghoul_feeding_senecal_dev.jpg
129 KB, 504x403
>>47890864
>the rejuvenation effect has diminishing returns, forcing you to eat more and more over time to receve the same effect
>>
>>47890619
Doesn't it already work without being creepy?

You eat them and you restore HP and cure disease.
>>
>>47895655
Goblin fingers can be eaten tomake a man viril, but the offspring of such a union are always deformed.
Ork skin can soak up disease from an infected wound, but leaves horrible scars.
Pixies, ground into meal, open the mind to creative thoughts when snorted, if eaten as bread, it prevents mind controlling effects, and breaks enchantments.
>>
>>47890619
Differing grades of meat provide different qualities of healing.
The flesh of a goblin might rejuvenate you, but it will do so in a goblinlike fashion; that is to say, twisted, ugly, and foul-smelling. It will ward you from death by illness, but not disfigurement.
Troll meat will heal you of any physical wound save burns or drowning, but it wastes the body and induces ravenous hunger as your flesh is forced beyond it's limits.
Orc meat is much like goblin flesh, but better. It will leave you hale and whole, but not unchanged. Remaining disfigurements will be largely cosmetic things that do not impact physical function, like blotchy discolored skin or coarse patches of hair.
Elf flesh is the most prized, because it alone causes you to heal better than you were before. Seared flesh returns smooth and clear, singed hair grows back smooth as silk, limbs are remade straight and sure. The lone drawback is a vaguely inhuman cast to one's features, in some places considered fashionable, and the rarity of the dish itself.
Those who have the look of an elf-eater seem to meet with bad luck in the wilds, though.
>>
Just make it creepy and have fun with it.
>>
File: sorcerers_evoking.jpg (170 KB, 305x452) Image search: [Google]
sorcerers_evoking.jpg
170 KB, 305x452
>>47895680
>>47890864
This sounds disgustingly occult and I love it.

>Old wizard in a black robe walking through the forest with a small elven child he found lost in the woods, trying to take him home to his parents. He's running out of life, but is okay with death after all this time. A voice whispers in his ear.

>"Its not too late Ahriman! The moon is still full in the sky, you've not run out of time yet! The child Ahriman, the child! Rip him open! Rub the fresh blood upon your skin, reclaim your youth. The fires grow hotter Ahriman!"

>Old wizard shaking his head, mumbling to himself "No, no, no"

>"Do it Ahriman!"

>Elven child all "Are you okay mister?"
>>
File: dead_unicorn.jpg (60 KB, 517x685) Image search: [Google]
dead_unicorn.jpg
60 KB, 517x685
>>47890619
>make this work, without coming up too creepy
If you could, why would you want to? Get creepy with it. Embrace it.
Trying to stave off death at the expense of others is a pretty reasonable motive for a villain.
>>
>>47890764
>>47891821
You know what people do to cure aids in Africa? Now imagine if it actually did work. People aren't going to turn down an immortality-giving megacure because it's immoral. All it takes is a group of people to make it happen and fuck it up for everyone.

Having people not believe it is somewhat silly. With your concept there is no solution that doesn't involve the immortal races being untouchable or extremely rare (perhaps because of over-hunting? That could be an interesting angle.)
>>
>>47890619
Elf farming?

Elf farming.
>>
File: 1410541328398.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1410541328398.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>47894094
So? I don't want to eat the corrupt version of a hamburger. I want the fresh meat, god damn it.
>>
A humanoid race with Draconian features, including blood should they:
>Be ageless
>Age incredibly slow (4 centuries to adulthood, 7 centuries long lifespan)
>Age slowly (100 years to adulthood, 600 year long lifespawn)

Dragons in this setting are highly intelligent, and immortal (ageless)
>>
>>47898943
So... dragon sausages then?
>>
File: Ghoule.jpg (56 KB, 646x802) Image search: [Google]
Ghoule.jpg
56 KB, 646x802
>>47896847
YESSSSS
>>
File: 200% Slam.jpg (46 KB, 487x720) Image search: [Google]
200% Slam.jpg
46 KB, 487x720
>>47896847
>he finally ends up killing the kid for more time
>feels like a monster, kills himself to face his rightful punishment
>>
>>47891291
Orcchard
>>
>>47890619
If you are full on home brewing, then make it so your "Standard evil race" is formed through people who have indulged on this practice, as committing such a taboo will heal you, but corrupt you eternally as well.
>>
File: 1279691079136.jpg (273 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
1279691079136.jpg
273 KB, 600x849
>>47890619
Instead of their "flesh" generically, make it their liver.
Having it be a clearly defined organ makes it much more deliberate ("I am only eating this one part for health's sake") and less like wanton pseudo-cannibalism.
>>
File: COOKANDEAT.jpg (39 KB, 238x305) Image search: [Google]
COOKANDEAT.jpg
39 KB, 238x305
I like where this thread is going.
>>
>>47899415
>cursed suicides return from the dead, giving rise to the first ghouls and vampires
>alternatively, they were created when the unrepentant were raised from the dead
YESSSSSSSS
>>
>>47898943
Actually Iplan dragtons to age, just extremely slowly, even the ones that that saw gods finish creation have yet to reach middle age.
>>
I dunno OP, but you sure did made me hungry..
>>
>>47890619
That tartare is disgusting.
>>
Thanks for the good idea. I'm going to have this in one of my games in future. Players will learn dark secret that healing potions are made from extracts of wild elves, but human society gives no fuck as they're viewed as animals. Wonder how they react or do they react at all.
>>
>>47890619
Mention it as a source of a huge war. Among other reasons for conflict, Mortal races found out that pointy ears=walking cure-mosts, got cocky, and started a half-calculated genocide. Immortal races don't stand for this shit and beat the everloving shit out of the Mortals because face it, humans, dorfs, and the odd hobbit vs "better than you", "beatstick", "zerg rush", and "regeneration" races ain't gonna end well for the beard-growing opponents and hold off a few steps before genocide on their own half on the grounds that they'll have the right to basically police/puppet-state everything outside the largest of settlements, or what fairly few remain of them anyway.

Of course this won't stop Mortal races from black marketing the shit on a vastly lower-scale level, but any involved with those groups are hunted with extreme prejudice, at least from Immortal races.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.