[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: 1466459437679.jpg (363 KB, 668x929) Image search: [Google]
1466459437679.jpg
363 KB, 668x929
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Extensive houserules edition. Post your houserules here

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Previous thread:
>>47882350
>>
With Automatic Bonus Progression giving you +Xs on your armor and weapons, are you allowed to trade some of those +Xs in for special abilities? Flaming, etc?
>>
Spirit Whisperer Wizard 5 / Cleric 1 / Mystic Theurge 10.

Then 2 more level of Wizard and 2 more of Cleric.

Is this a good plan? The end result is 9th-level Wizard spell and 7th-level Cleric spell. But I don't have early level weakness of normal MT.
>>
File: 1458034214423.jpg (311 KB, 1024x1366) Image search: [Google]
1458034214423.jpg
311 KB, 1024x1366
How do I necromancer? Is the best option just to roll cleric? Dirge Bard seemed neat and i really like the whole dancing the dead to life thing but waiting until level 10 to duplicate a 2nd-level spell by spending performance seems not great.
>>
>>47889391
No.
>>
>>47889391
No. The whole point is that ABP frees you up to spend cash on weapon abilities rather than enhancements. Keep in mind that attuning to a weapon doesn't make enchanting it cost more. It's just an enhancement bonus you can slap onto any one (or two) weapon
>>
File: Don't mess with McDuck.jpg (552 KB, 1000x1449) Image search: [Google]
Don't mess with McDuck.jpg
552 KB, 1000x1449
>>47889373
>>47888148
>To be as physically capable as he is while being a proper old-ass man, he must have had some hefty physical stats in his prime.
You don't even know the half of it

Pic related, what Scrooge was able to do in one small afternoon when someone made him mad. He's done more, like defeat the entirety of Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders SINGLE HANDEDLY!

McDuck is a top level Primal Disciple for sure
>>
File: [rips and tears internally].jpg (170 KB, 499x670) Image search: [Google]
[rips and tears internally].jpg
170 KB, 499x670
>>47889508
SCROOGE OF NATURE
>>
File: Don't mess with McDuck 3.jpg (106 KB, 560x400) Image search: [Google]
Don't mess with McDuck 3.jpg
106 KB, 560x400
>>47889547
Indeed. You think Scrooge was joking about having to work hard for his wealth? He earned his money bath by making the Wild West, Yukon, Africa, and Australia his bitch.

Don't Fuck
With McDuck
>>
>>47889508
McDuck is what happens when the DM decides to take 'pity' on the guy playing a Fighter, and gives him a disproportionate point buy.
>>
>>47889438
It's actually better to multiclass for necromancer.
Since you get multiple caster level that way. Which means you get multiple pool of undead HD cap limit.
>>
>>47889577
He really did mellow out in his old age, didn't he?
>>
>>47889577
[freebird intensifies]
>>
File: Roosevelt and McDuck.jpg (290 KB, 400x1628) Image search: [Google]
Roosevelt and McDuck.jpg
290 KB, 400x1628
>>47889586
Finally fulfilling his goal of having enough money for himself and his family, being rich, and old age, meant he didn't really have much a reason to keep fighting and and scrapping anymore. Plus I'm guessing as he got old and had to learn to interact with his younger relatives, he probably began to lose that temper a well.

Why would you need to wrestle lions or out-shoot Wyatt Earp when you can just sit back and make around $20K an hour just by sitting around?

>>47889640
>pointing Captain America.png
>>
>>47889663
Well, mellowed or not, he hardly gave up the treasure-hunting life.

After all, adventure is the mother of industry.
>>
>>47889698
Amen. Once an adventurer, always an adventurer
>>
>>47889438
Best option is Oracle, Voodoo. Become an Elf or Half Elf. Pick up Arcane Chronicler Racial Class, and get Blood Money. Your necromancy is free and you have 6HD of Undead per level instead of 4. You can then go Battle Oracle and either go martial or ranged and work with your undead.
>>
File: 1466465157080.jpg (482 KB, 1080x1350) Image search: [Google]
1466465157080.jpg
482 KB, 1080x1350
How do I run pic related?
>>
>>47889765
What the heck is Arcane Chronicler?
How the hell do you have 2 Revelation?
>>
>>47889837
Either Cthullu, or that one giant thing the Aboleths made in the Occult bestiary

The little tentacle men look a lot like some alternate form of sinspawn
>>
>>47889837

Where the frag is this wonderful art from?
>>
>>47889900
It says Wizards of the Coast on the bottom, so I'd imagine it was made by the Druids of the Mountain
>>
>>47889900
It's a new MTG card. It's shit.

>>47889837
GM fiat, use abberations as the spawn.
>>
Would I be gimping myself if I play a low RP race like Grippli?

A princely Grippli urban druid to be exact. So I can transform into human whenever someone kiss me.
>>
File: 1466399491675.jpg (136 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
1466399491675.jpg
136 KB, 900x1350
>>
Best character ever
https://www.roleplaygateway.com/jak-vitharn-t7154.html
>>
>>47889765
Ancient Lorekeeper, and Warsighted I mean.
>>
So tonight I managed to befriend a giant octopus that was attacking our ships with its gargantuan tentacles and have it act as guard for our fortress. Then in the same session my friend grabs me while I'm in bat form and puts me into a bag of holding II. I stop my wildshape and cut myself out with my scimitar. I forgot the ramifications of this, and was not warned by the DM, so now I'm stuck in extradimensional space. Help
>>
Trying to get into this game. Have a few questions about some really simple stuff the core rulebook doesn't make very clear.

When talking about Skill Ranks per level, it usually falls within the 8-9 area. Since each rank in a skill gives an extra 4 to skill checks, does that really mean that players get 8-9 free skill ranks every single time they level up? Because that seems really broken balance wise.

Do class skills start out at rank 1 (with the 4+ check) or at rank 0?

On the tables showing what each class recieves when they level up, why does the "Base Attack Bonus" column divide into seperate numbers (e.g. +14/+8/+3)?

What is the purpose of Hit Dice? And how is it used to calculate HP?

This might just be because I had a few last night, but I just can't find where this is explained.
>>
>>47890304
Still can't take Warsighted if you are already a Juju Oracle. You can't even abuse Ring of Revelation anymore.
>>
>>47890348
1: What class are you looking at? Because if you're looking at a rogue it's because they don't have int as their main stat. Classes with High int get less skill points because they're expected to make it up with Int and focus on knowledges/spellcraft.

2. Class skills start out at 0 unless otherwise stated, you have to put one point in them to have them work.

3. The slashes determine extra attacks. You get one at +14 to hit, then another at +8, then another at +3 to hit. When you take a full round action to attack someone you can attack with these multiple attacks.

4. Hit dice is one per level, and depending on the class you choose, you start out with Max for the first level then roll for every other level, then add you con modifier and whether or not your bonus is health or a skill point. ((PS, don't get Toughness, it's shit.))
>>
>>47890377
Warsighted is an Archetype that's stackable with Ancient Lorekeeper. It allows you versatility while having access to a spontaneous arcane spell list, giving you access to Blood Money and Control Undead.
>>
>>47890348
> Since each rank in a skill gives an extra 4 to skill checks
What?

You seems to misunderstand something.... something huge....

Each rank only gives +1 to skill check.

Class skill give +3 bonus to skill check if you have 1 rank in it (and that only happen once).

Everything start at 0 rank. You have to put skill point point into it first.

I don't even know where your "get 8-9 free skill ranks" came from. Player get X+INT skill point depending on their class (and 1 more if they are human).
>>
>>47890348
>When talking about Skill Ranks per level, it usually falls within the 8-9 area. Since each rank in a skill gives an extra 4 to skill checks, does that really mean that players get 8-9 free skill ranks every single time they level up? Because that seems really broken balance wise.
Most classes get 2+int ranks per level, or 3+int if you're a human. Each rank gives +1 to skill checks, with the exception of the first one which gives +4 if the skill is a class skill.

>Do class skills start out at rank 1 (with the 4+ check) or at rank 0?

>On the tables showing what each class recieves when they level up, why does the "Base Attack Bonus" column divide into seperate numbers (e.g. +14/+8/+3)?
Iterative attacks. So if your BAB is +13, on full attack(that is, if you just attack and don't do anything else*) you get to make 3 attacks at +13, +8 and +3.

>What is the purpose of Hit Dice? And how is it used to calculate HP?
HD is what you roll to determine hit points. So if a class has d10 HD, you roll 1d10+constitution bonus each time you level up and add that to your max HP.
>>
>>47890348
Hit Dice is "your character level". It's useful to know when someone decide to go full retard with multiclass like 1 Inquisitor / 3 Magus / 2 Rogue.

You knew he still has 6HD.
>>
>>47890409
I see, I'm using the Roll20 Pathfinder Character sheet, and when you change the rank of a class skill from 0 to 1 the total goes from 0 to 4.

>I don't even know where your "get 8-9 free skill ranks" came from.

I was just looking at Bards as an example, and they get 6 + Int Modifier, which seems like a lot compared to the others.

>>47890425
>>47890450
>>47890391

Cheers. WHFRP is childs play compared to all the numbers in Pathfinder.
>>
>>47890470
That's because +3 bonus from class skill.
1 + 3 = 4.
>>
>>47890480
Oh wow, now I feel like an idiot.

That clears it up, thanks.
>>
>>47890492
Use Myth-weavers instead
>>
>>47889765
>Blood Money
>a spell so broken and powerful only Runelord Karzoug knew of it
>giving it to PCs

Yea... no.
>>
> trying to find Gnome art
> only found Halfling labeled as Gnome
Why..
>>
>>47890578
I know your pain. I'm looking for half-elves and I keep getting humans and elves.
>>
What disciplines that arent mithral current let you target flat footed AC?
>>
>>47890564
Well.. to be fair, it was also recorded in the Anathema Archive.
>>
>>47890617

Broken Blade has one iirc
>>
>>47890617
Fool's Bullshit
>>
>>47890617
Veiled Moon has sseveral
>>
>>47890318
Time to roll a new character then.
>>
Well, I found something that's uh. Interesting.

Be an Alchemist. This nets you +Int to the damage of any splash weapons you use.

Acquire this: Alchemist's Fire, Long-Burning: This substance has all
the standard qualities of alchemist's fire except that it burns
for 2 additional rounds after a direct hit instead of 1. The DC
to extinguish long-burning alchemist's fire is 17.
Dragon Magazine #: 334 (The Fires of Alchemy –
Alchemist’s Fire Explored)

Combine it with this: Flame Clove: A favorite with travelers, flame clove is a
garlic-like herb imbued with energy from the Elemental
Plane of Fire.
Raw flame clove contains a mild but unpleasant poison
(ingested; Fort DC 13; initial damage 1d6 fire, secondary
damage 1 Dex). When boiled in salt water and crushed and
blended into food, however, flame clove has a taste similar to
garlic and keeps hot food hot for 1d4 days without drying out
and with no outside heat source.
Adding a sprig of flame clove to alchemist's fire (which
must be done when crafting the alchemist's fire originally)
makes for a more potent batch. This enhanced alchemist's
fire deals double the damage of normal alchemist's fire and
burns for twice as long.
Flame clove is remarkably easy to grow and reaches
maturity a mere five weeks after planting and remains viable
for three weeks after that.
A single healthy mature bulb sells for 20 gp.
Note: This is a magical plant, meaning this plant was
created with magical properties, it is not naturally occurring.
See the “Arcane Botanica” sidebar on page 55 for more
information on this and other plants.
Dragon Magazine #: 357 (Arcane Botanica – Saplings,
Sprouts, Spells, and Seeds)

Now, acquire a caster capable of casting Full Pouch. This allows you to set the DC of any alchemical item to 10+Int+Spell Level. Heighten lets you get this up to 9th level, and feats and other increasers apply as normal. There's other ways to do it, but this works just as well.

Continued.
>>
>>47890853
You have, at this point, a thing of Alchemist's Fire that does 1d6+Int, with 1+Int splash, and burns for 4 rounds of 1d6(MAYBE +Int, but debatable).

Then add this:
Alchemical Goad: An alchemical goad is
a thin liquid catalyst that can be mixed with
or injected into any other alchemical material
that normally creates an effect that forces its
target to make a saving throw. The result of
this combination is an increase to the saving
throw’s DC. The increase is in the form of a
+2 alchemical bonus for a standard alchemical
goad, a +4 alchemical bonus for a greater
alchemical goad, and a +6 alchemical bonus for
a sovereign alchemical goad.

For price references, Goad is 350gp, the Clove is 20gp, and the Long Burning Fire is 30gp and DC 25 to create. The Clove can, as stated in the description, be grown.

Now, grab yourself a Hybridization Funnel. Fuck being a Half-Elf, you don't need that shitty bonus.

http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Hybridization%20Funnel

Combine your single-item of Flame Clove and Alchemical Goad-modified Long-Burning Alchemists Fire with... well, basically whatever the fuck you want. If you really want to be a jackass, use a Fungal Stun Vial that was also combined with Alchemical Goad.

Now, make three doses of that in total.

Put THAT into this: http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Focusing%20Flask

This lets you stack three of them at once, BUT they can ignore them all with just one save. But between Alchemical Goad and Full Pouch, AND the +4 DC from three of the same item being shoved into it, you're unlikely to have enemies succeed on it.

Then, put THAT into this: http://www.archivesofnethys.com/MagicWeaponsDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Alchemist%27s%20Bullet

Continued.
>>
>>47889471
What if I want to remove weapons and armor attunement from the ABP, but still have other things like the bonus to saves progress normally? Assuming I adjust the amount of WBL given accordingly, that's not going to break anything, is it?
>>
>>47890911
So at this point you have an Alchemist's Bullet loaded with a Focusing Flask, which itself is loaded up with three doses of a combination of Fungal Stun Vial (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/goods-and-services/herbs-oils-other-substances#TOC-Fungal-Stun-Vial) and a Flame Clove/Sovreign Alchemical Goad modified Long-Burning Alchemist's Fire. It does three instances of 1d6+Int Fire damage, burns for 4 rounds of 1d6 fire 4 seperate times, Stuns enemies within 10ft for 2 rounds on a failed save, Confuses those outside of it, has a total of +10 to all DCs, has a DC of 10+Spell Level+Int (From the Full Pouch spell, http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/f/full-pouch)

Now put it in a Bolt version of an Alchemist's Bullet. Get an Autoloader Magazine from Steelforge 1. Getting a Least version is entirely acceptable, since it still gives you all the shit you need.

You've now got a crossbow that will infinitely produce your deathbolts at 1/round, still does normal damage, and can be used with a Bolt Ace.
>>
>>47890965
>having a DM dumb enough to allow all of this
>>
>>47890965
Oh, and to note, you can have multiple Autoloader Magazines loaded up with whatever combination of things you need.

Need crowd control? Get a low-damage bolt or one that doesn't do damage, and stick a Stun Vial and Tanglefoot Bag into it.

Need varying energy types? Use Alchemist's Frost/Shock/Acid.

>>47890976
Of course nobody is going to allow someone to actually do that. Shit, I'm the person who found it and I'm not using it, and I'd disallow it at my table. But it's fun to have came up with.
>>
File: in the trash it goes.jpg (11 KB, 222x227) Image search: [Google]
in the trash it goes.jpg
11 KB, 222x227
>>47890853
>>47890965

>Using Dragon Magazine
>Using Shitforge
>>
What are some really, really cheap magical items that may be worth purchasing at level 2? I've got about 700 gold.
>>
>>47891151
Potions of cure light wounds? Lesser restoration?
>>
>>47891151
Depends on what kind of character you are. If you're a non-caster with UMD, Wand of Prestidigitation is 375 GP for 50 casts of a spell with a lot of clever uses.
>>
File: 1444647004806.png (139 KB, 308x765) Image search: [Google]
1444647004806.png
139 KB, 308x765
>>47889373

This image makes me wonder; do your characters wear anything cute or casual when they're not all decked out in armor?
>>
>>47891185
>her quests don't end in invitations to the royal ball
>>
>>47889391

Yes, you can. If you have a +1 weapon then you can remove the +1 and replace it with Flaming, so you can have the benefit of the Flaming without the mandatory +1 enhancement like in normal rules.
>>
>>47891185
Light armor can stay under your outerwear and I'm sure everyone here put glamered on their heavy armor
>>
>>47891342
Glamered and comfort.
>>
>>47891185
I would imagine that my sorcerer doesn't need to wear casual attire since robes and shit aren't full blown armor.
>>
>>47891342
>I'm sure everyone here put glamered on their heavy armor
I doubt anybody would question the metallic clanging sound coming from your clothes.
>>
>>47891360
> not wearing Djezet skin underneath.
>>
>>47891374
>covering up your Diplomacy bonus
>>
>>47890036
I played a princely grippli rogue once and I had a +30 to Stealth by level 4 and was doing 1d8+2d6+5+a few other bonuses every single round
[/spoiler] I didn't optimize at all, it was my first game
>>
>>47891374
I don't actually need armor since im mythic.
>>
>>47891185
>reverse trap landsknecht (Warlord)
nope, but the armor is pretty damn fabulous on its own
>>
>>47891370
Who care? as long as it look cute.
>>
Anyone know any good resources for helping put together a character, storywise?

All I really have is this: http://dungeonsmaster.com/2010/11/27-questions/
>>
>>47891185
>Alchemist is working on shit when we have downtime, so it's either stay adventuring gear or stripped to a plain shirt and trousers when he's crafting
>Sorcerer has Djezet Skin. But he also has a gorrillion tattoos he insists on showing off, so he walks around shirtless a lot. Doesn't take off his goddamn sleeves of many garments though, so he usually looks like a jackass foreigner.
>Magus doesn't know what casual is. He's a defender of the weak, he has to be ready! He's totally a cool guy like those paladins, stop laughing!
>>
Anyway I can initiate strikes with Vital strike?
>>
>Mfw level 5 Trapper Ranger
>Have a flask crossbow
>Shooting Alchemical Fire with a beartrap attached
>Every round
>Throw a net with 10 beartraps on it if an enemy gets too close
Its just getting more and more ridiculous every session
Anyone got some ideas for dumber stuff?
>>
Question for DSP here.

In Monster Classes - Undead, there is an interesting little feat called Selective Tangibility that requires you to have the Insubstantial subtype or Ectoplasmic form. Does this include the power Ectoplasmic Form, and by extension, the Dread's Nightmare Form ability?
>>
>>47891575
I hope not.
>>
>>47891575
Nope. Initiating a Strike is a Standard Action, and an Attack Action is a special type of Standard Action too.

So, nope.avi
>>
>>47891575
The only way to make them interact is either by boosting your Vital Strike, or to use Seize the Opportunity alongside something like Eternal Guardian to make punishing opportunity vital strikes.
>>
>>47891627
A Boost isn't a Strike, anon. pls.
>>
>>47891575
Greatsword Battler and Martial Charge.
>>
>>47891638
It is the closest you are going to get.
>>
Does taking a full-round action stop you from making attacks of opportunity?

I'm curious for the the general answer but the specific case I'm asking for, in case it changes something, is the PoW Myrmidon Fighter archetype, when it takes its defensive form to recover maneuvers.

>In order for the myrmidon to recover maneuvers, he must take on a defensive form as a full-round action, resetting his rhythm to continue the battle. When he does so, he recovers a number of maneuvers equal to his myrmidon initiation modifier (minimum 2) and until the start of his next turn, attacks made against him provoke an attack of opportunity and he can take a 5-foot step each time he is attacked (even if he has already taken one this round). In addition, he gains the benefit of the Combat Reflexes feat, and can us myrmidon initiation modifier instead of his Dexterity modifier for determining how many additional attacks of opportunity he can make.
>>
>>47891641
>Greatsword
You will initiate a Strike after a Charge OR make the Charge attack with Vital Strike, but not BOTH. Stop giving wrong advice.
>>
>Want to play a Kobold Myrmidon
>Find a picture I really like
>Check Kobolds on the SRD
I... uh...
Guess I won't.
>>
>>47891661
Nope, even if you do a full-round action, you can still slap people if they try to get past you.
>>
>>47891673
Read the feats, nigger.

Greatsword Battler

Your god teaches devastating greatsword techniques.

Optional Replacement: A chaotic neutral barbarian or fighter who worships such a god can replace a bonus feat or rage power with the following initial benefit.

Initial Benefit(s): If you have the Vital Strike feat, you can apply its effect to an attack you make with a greatsword at the end of a charge. If you don't have the Vital Strike feat, that attack deals 1 additional point of damage instead. The first time you make an attack of opportunity with a greatsword after using Vital Strike with a greatsword on your turn, you can apply Vital Strike to that attack of opportunity.

Advanced Prerequisite(s): Str 13, Cleave, Power Attack, Vital Strike, base attack bonus +10.

Optional Replacement: A chaotic neutral barbarian or fighter of at least 10th level who worships such a god can replace a bonus feat or rage power with the following advanced benefit, even if she doesn't meet the prerequisites.

Advanced Benefit(s): When you use Vital Strike, Improved Vital Strike, or Greater Vital Strike with a greatsword, the damage counts as continuous damage from an injury for the purpose of determining whether a target must attempt a concentration check to cast spells.

It doesn't say "You can take the specific action to take a Vital Strike", it says "You can apply it's effects at the end of a charge", which means that it is a conditional "If Charge, Then Vital Strike".

Martial Charge (Combat)

You have learned how to initiate a martial strike on the move, delivering them at the end of a charge attack.

Prerequisite(s): Base attack bonus +3, ability to initiate a martial strike.

Benefit(s): You may initiate a strike instead of making an attack at the end of a charge.

You can initiate a strike at the end. That strike, for the base weapon damage (And modifiers that ARE NOT from the strike or Boosts, if you have Mythic Vital Strike), will be multiplied by Vital Strike.
>>
>>47891661
It doesn't stop you from making an AoO, though I don't even know how you got that idea from the Myrmidon text.
>>
>>47891641
I don't think THIS works, but aren't there strikes themselves that make you do a charge, which you could then apply Greatsword Battler to?
>>
>>47891185
Breastplate when she's fighting, she slips into an armored coat when she's relaxing thanks to a mix of Endurance, comfort, and well-placed paranoia that "something could pop out and attack any time, better to have something than nothing protecting me".
>>
>>47891708
That likely would work, yes.
>>
>>47891676
As long as there's nothing to show off the size of the kobold, you can use the art and play a lizardfolk myrmidon instead, since they basically look like bigger and better kobolds.

Post the art?
>>
>>47891708
Read the explanation.
>>
>>47891705
By RAW you are right, but RAI, I really doubt it. PoW is not first party, so a lot of GMs will outright ban this bad worded bullshit.

Sometimes I wonder who writes the rules worse: Paizo or DSP.
>>
>>47891583
Don't Trapper Ranger has a limited trap per day??
>>
>>47891685
Thanks!

>>47891706
It was mostly because when I read "Taking on defensive form as a full-round action" my mind immediately went to the total defense action, which doesn't allow you to AoO, though I quickly realised no, that's dumb, it's not related at all.

Then I read it some more, and realised I didn't actually have any idea about whether or not full-rounds in general work with AoO, since, for example, if you're casting a spell as a full round action that can be interrupted by an attack against you, stopping that spell for a bit to shank a dude who tried to slip past you didn't seem to make a lot of sense.
>>
File: 1466196507401.png (316 KB, 948x1028) Image search: [Google]
1466196507401.png
316 KB, 948x1028
>>47891726
Something about this picture really appeals to me. I'm not sure what it is. Generally I try to pick out colored images for my characters, but I just really like this one for some reason.

Dunno if I could pass this off as a Lizardfolk, though. Not bulky enough, I think.
>>
>>47891751
>Badly worded
It isn't badly worded? It's explicitly said that it works like that. It's only applicable on a charge, and requires you worship Gorum.
>>
>>47891777
This feat came after the DSP published the PoW, where the Martial Charge came. It's not really their fault.
>>
>>47891753
I just stick normal traps on and use the special traps for other stuff
GM gives no fucks
>>
I want to play a monster hunter-type character.
A martial, preferably an initiator, that's flexible, versatile, tough and can handle being inflicted with negative conditions without needing a wizard or cleric on-hand to remove them.
What class should I choose for this?
>>
>>47891847
Inquisitor
>>
>>47891185

>What does your character wear when out of combat

Nothing at all.

No really, she's a shameless wild-woman that was raised by a woodlands fertility cult. Decency kind of goes out the window when you've been ritualistically bred with animals.
>>
>>47891775
She could definitely pass as Lizardfolk, anon.
>>
>>47889438

You want Experimental Spellcaster (Word of Undeath) either way.
>>
File: tumblr_n9t5welESS1slqrq2o1_500.png (321 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9t5welESS1slqrq2o1_500.png
321 KB, 500x750
>>47891775
>>47891897

You know what I just realized?

There's an extreme lack of art featuring heavily armored lizardfolk, or beastly characters in general.

Why is it so *wrong* to put a suit of heavy armor on a wolf-man?
>>
>Always end up playing female characters
>Time to make a new character
>Gotta be a male this time, everyone I play with must find it weird that I keep playing women
>3 hours pass
>It's a female again
H E L P
I legitimately don't know why I always end up this way
>>
>>47891929
Those races are seen as "primal" or "tribal" or whatever other meme buzzword you wanna use.
As such, they don't wear armor. They wear, like, leather and bone. Because they're fucking retarded. That and their chiseled abs protect them fine, apparently.
>>
>>47891938
>I legitimately don't know why I always end up this way

You just like boobs, nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>47891960
Surely you could make the argument that if I really liked boobs I'd play a male with 400 CHA and bed every available female creature in sight at the first opportunity.
>>
>>47891958
>As such, they don't wear armor. They wear, like, leather and bone. Because they're fucking retarded. That and their chiseled abs protect them fine, apparently.

Well fuck that noise, I'm going to put my bipedal landsknecht-inspired dog soldier in a suit of Faraam armor and nobody's going to stop me!
>>
>>47891975
>Surely you could make the argument that if I really liked boobs I'd play a male with 400 CHA and bed every available female creature in sight at the first opportunity.

Not at all.

Those boobs are on other women, not your character. You want the fun-bags on your character, not in your guy's hands.
>>
>>47891980
>Landknecht-inspired
>Goes for a suit of armor that isn't rainbow-colored and doesn't even have any floofy bits or dangly parts
Anon...
>>
>>47891958
We all know that 90% of the reason for it is because the only people that typically commission art for it are furries/scalies.
>>
>>47892011
>We all know that 90% of the reason for it is because the only people that typically commission art for it are furries/scalies.

Which is a damn shame because having a proper Dog of War or some meticulous lizardfolk decked out in heavy armor to supplement their already substantial natural armor just tickles me in all the right ways.

>>47892005

I was going more for an unscrupulous Not!German mercenary with a reputation for results, albeit being at times unreliable.

The character himself is a fairly grim individual who's hunting down his old pack after they started getting a bit ruff on the locals during a mission that went horribly wrong.
>>
>>47892001
The character I'm making now doesn't even have funbags since it's a Ghoran.
Anon, your theory doesn't seem to be applicable, as much as I want this to make sense.
>>
File: UHHHH.jpg (432 KB, 668x1031) Image search: [Google]
UHHHH.jpg
432 KB, 668x1031
>>47892005
>Modify armor so it has a kilt
>floofy and/or dangly parts achieved for your dognecht

boom

>>47889373
I lied when I said I didn't have the followup image. I don't know if there's any after this though.
>>
>>47891938

You want to be a girl, it's alright, most of us do too.
>>
File: 1379825586903.jpg (639 KB, 4994x2290) Image search: [Google]
1379825586903.jpg
639 KB, 4994x2290
>>47892068
>The character I'm making now doesn't even have funbags since it's a Ghoran.

>He doesn't give his plant-girls large succulents filled with water.
>>
>>47891705
I do need to note that Martial Charge is eating the errata stick to the face; it'll be nerfed down to only Standard action strikes.
>>
>>47891775
Hey, I recognize that style. It's Guoh. First time I saw him was that one lizard guy being excited to see a human because humans ate plants. He does porn, that entire style yells porn, it's something about how he does the lines, especially the eyes.
>>
Fool's Errand question:
How do you guys RP the Grasp mechanic for your character?
I can't really imagine it.
Yeah, I know, there is some abstraction needed for it to work, but still - tell me how you do it, so I can better come up with how I'd do it.
>>
>>47889373
those horns would make great handle bars
>>
>>47892075
>I lied when I said I didn't have the followup image. I don't know if there's any after this though.

Of course there is, check this out.

http://feversea.tumblr.com/post/144490877290/shyvana-commissions-queue-17

Enjoy, you filthy perverts.
>>
>>47892077
I'm pretty sure I don't, though.
Being a man is great.
That's why I'm confused about my female character tendency.
>>
>>47892093
Can you link me his blog/site/furaffinity/deviantart/whateverthefuck so I can search for a colored version of that picture?
>>
>>47892111
>That's why I'm confused about my female character tendency.

It just seems like you enjoy the thrill of making a character you'd want to hook up with a man you can live vicariously through.

It's kinda like how
>>
>>47891593
Technically speaking you qualify for it, but it doesn't actually /do/ anything. The Ectoplasmic Form power doesn't make you incorporeal for the feat to "negate," and has some specific stuff that makes the feat's normal benefit awkward to use:

>You cannot physically attack, you lose supernatural abilities (if any), and you can’t speak while in ectoplasmic form. You can’t run, but you can fly at a speed of 20 feet (perfect). You can pass through small holes or narrow openings, even mere cracks, with all you were wearing or holding in your hands. You are subject to the effects of wind, and you can’t enter water or other liquid. You also can’t manipulate objects or activate items, even those carried along with you. Continuously active items remain active, though in some cases their effects may be moot (such as items that provide armor or natural armor bonuses).

Ditto goes for Nightmare Form.
>>
>>47892124
A lot of his pictures are uncolored, but sure, I'll hunt his stuff down again.

http://guoh-art.tumblr.com/post/125417255163/i-think-im-gonna-stop-using-drawile-so-much-my
I love the owl one here.

http://guoh-art.tumblr.com/ Main site, most of his stuff stays as a sketch.
>>
File: 100201_sw_1_01.png (69 KB, 320x470) Image search: [Google]
100201_sw_1_01.png
69 KB, 320x470
Any good news about Pathfinder Horror Campaign?
>>
If my character is immune to diseases, does that mean I can take all the drugs I want? Do I still gain the benefits, or is it as if nothing happens?
>>
>>47892156
Thanks, man.
I'll dig through it.
>>
>>47892174
>Any good news about Pathfinder
No.
>>
>>47892141
Curses, I thought I had found a way for my Dread to go full Wraith on everything, slashing fools with her scythe while in Nightmare form.

Oh well, cheers for the quick reply.
>>
>>47891775
It's a nice picture.

Maybe your gramps was odd. He was a kobold that had a thing for lizardwomen. He may have been small, but he was big where it matters.
>>
>>47892141
Forrest, question, if I use Piercing Gale (Tempest Gale 2 strike) or a similar strike with the elemental blast from Enter the Vortex stance, does the strike deal elemental damage? Also, do you need a free hand for the EtV blast? Can you TWF with said blasts?
>>
>>47892077
>>47892111
>dubs /and/ trips

I know these feelings, but I'm with the confused anon for the most part. Being a man is pretty swell. Have thought about it though, and watching Ranma back in the day made the thoughts stick around and lead to some trippy as fuck dreams.

This might be why I like shapeshifter races and polymorphs so much, actually.
>>
>>47892200
>Kobold Psychic Warrior
>Expansion
Wagglingeyebrows.jpg
>>
>>47892202
Right, I've been meaning to answer those, but hadn't had a chance to confirm that my answers are right. I'll get back to you on that.
>>
File: yummy1.png (750 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yummy1.png
750 KB, 1280x720
>>47892001
If you thought about women's breasts as much as I do you'd know just how relaxing it is to play with someone else's.
>>
File: 150001_sw_1_01.png (41 KB, 320x470) Image search: [Google]
150001_sw_1_01.png
41 KB, 320x470
>>47892195
:(
>>
>>47892156
Hey, I found a colored sketch!
It's kinda unclean though, I think I'll stick with the black and white one unless I can find a better one in there.
>>
File: 1450470271231.png (193 KB, 448x595) Image search: [Google]
1450470271231.png
193 KB, 448x595
>>47892234
>If you thought about women's breasts as much as I do you'd know just how relaxing it is to play with someone else's.

>mfw there are people who have never had boob pillows during a movie
>>
>>47892234
Is this a reverse santorum?
>>
File: RestingEasy.jpg (360 KB, 710x508) Image search: [Google]
RestingEasy.jpg
360 KB, 710x508
>>47892234
>>47892294
>thought I had finally gotten over the fact that I was probably going to be stuck single the rest of my life
>mfw these posts

I thought I had freed myself from my shackles and embraced the wizard's path, but you test me further.
Too bad my brothers have ruined women for me.
>>
>>47892202
>>47892227

Enter the Vortex: it does not require a free hand (just a supernatural ability that lets you blast), and can, if you want, be used with TWF (with itself or other weapons). The blasts would be treated as light weapons (though you'd still only get one off-hand weapon per extra arm you have, as normal). You can take this as an official FAQ/rules statement; it's been made a note of and will make its way into a document of our FAQ answers when that's ready for public eyes.

It looks like Piercing Gale is just outright untyped damage, ala disintegrate.
>>
>>47891185
Playing a sorcerer, he doesn't wear robes, he just dresses suitably for the terrain he's going to be in
>>
>>47891185
He's got a set of fancy outfits, including kimonos, robes, suits, dresses, and in one case a Sexy Miniskirt Assassin outfit that a god forcibly added into his shiftweave as part of a divine punishment.
>>
>>47891705
>>47891751
It doesn't work by RAW, though. In fact, it's the exact opposite. The wording isn't "You can apply it's (sp) effects at the end of a charge", it's "you can apply its effect to an attack you make with a greatsword at the end of a charge." Emphasis on "An attack you make". Martial Charge says "You may initiate a strike instead of making an attack". The strike replaces the attack, so Greatsword Battler doesn't apply. Maybe you should be the one reading the feats.
>>
>>47892445
The strike requires an attack roll, and is an attack.
>>
>>47892462
That's not how rules work.
An attack is a type of action.
>>
>>47892397
Are strikes attacks?
>>
>>47891929
Aside from the point that >>47891958 makes, heavy armor can disguise or play down the "otherness" of one of these creatures. Character art typically tries to exemplify these features to draw the line between "hey this is a lizardfolk" and "hey this is a guy who wears heavy armor with a lizard shaped helmet".
>>
>>47892525
How many lizard shaped helmets have you seen in your life anon
>>
>>47892515
Many strikes incorporate attacks.

The question of how Greatsword Battler and Martial Charge/charge maneuvers interact is one that has had a lot of discussion internally.

Personally I would err on the side of them not stacking, in your houserules. However, I don't have an official answer on it right now.
>>
File: 1406959897494.jpg (342 KB, 1474x1758) Image search: [Google]
1406959897494.jpg
342 KB, 1474x1758
>>47892525
>Character art typically tries to exemplify these features to draw the line between "hey this is a lizardfolk" and "hey this is a guy who wears heavy armor with a lizard shaped helmet".

I thought the head and neck would be obvious enough that the soldier is actually a lizardfolk.
>>
>>47892562
Gosh I wish the designers of that game didn't piss me off so much
>>
>>47892174
Nope. It's still being written by Paizo.
>>
File: GGZapPANIC.jpg (438 KB, 894x686) Image search: [Google]
GGZapPANIC.jpg
438 KB, 894x686
>last night check to see what levels the iconics are presented, at out of curiosity from the discussion last night, and see 1, 6, and 12 like everyone said
>"man I really wish it was level 7 instead, that's a way better level for showing off a lot of classes"
>check on a whim today
>all the pages I'm finding show the iconics as being presented at levels 1, 7, and 12
>mfw

It's the Berenstein bears all over again
>>
Wait, so, how the fuck do natural attacks work?
Let's say I have a bite and two claws and am a level 6 Fighter with a one-handed sword.
On a full attack, do I swing my weapon twice, and then bite and claw with my free hand?
Does adding the manufactured weapon make me unable to use natural attacks?
>>
>>47892789
If you full attack, you make your iteratives with your manufactured weapon, and if you have natural attacks you make all the ones you choose to use at -5 penalty. So, if you attack with a longsword with one hand at level 6, 18 STR, you would make two attacks (+10/+4), then make a claw and bite attack at +5 each.
>>
>>47892789
Pretty much that except all natural attacks become secondary attacks of you use manufactured weapon(so the take -5)
>>
>>47892840
>>47892828
Secondary attacks also get half STR, yeah?
>>
>>47892789
>>47892828
>>47892840
The only exception is when you have only one natural attack its treated as primary.
>>
If I Gestalt two classes with Sneak Attack together, do I get to apply both each time or does one of them just cease to function?
What if it's not the same progression, so one's weaker than the other?
>>
Is it worth it to corssblood sorcerer dragon/orc and go into dragon disciple, or take Bloodrager instead? Can Bloodrager do the same blasting damage build as crossblooded?

(What if you dipped sorcerer for it then went all Bloodrager/Dragon Disciple for the rest?)
>>
>>47892938
You use the better of the two.
Not both.

So you should probably try to have it changed out for something, although it *could* be similar...
>>
For a character focused primarily on non-humanoid enemies (abominations, oozes, animals, magical beasts, etc.), what weapon/combat style would you recommend to prioritize?
Two-hand something big and go for cleave?
Reach shenanigans?
TWF crit-fishing with kukris?

Of course, a character like that should have a bunch of options, but generally it should focus on one style/weapon. What would that be, in your opinion?
>>
>>47892938
You can't gain the same feature at the same levels, that feature being +1d6 Sneak Attack, but in Sneak Attack's particular case you can just stagger one of the progressions and gain it every level instead of every other level.
>>
>>47892940
>Can Bloodrager do the same blasting damage build as crossblooded?
No, Bloodrager is shit-tier for any spells that aren't buffs. The spell list is crap outside of one niche and mediocre in it, that being buffs. The shitty spell progression means your DCs will never be good enough to succeed a reasonable amount of the time, and you never want a lower CL. Go sorcerer if you plan to blast.
>>
>>47893038

What about if it's a rip and tear Dragon Disciple?
>>
>>47893080
Yeah, absolutely, bloodrager's much better at sorcerer than that.
>>
>>47892549
Please, make it not stack. PoW makes the rocket tag even more ridiculous, the nuclear builds will be way more stronger that way.
>>
>>47893098

So basically do Bloodrager if you want to play a big brute dragon and sorcerer if you want to play a blasty magic god beast
>>
>>47893132
Pretty much, yup.
>>
>>47893080
Why not play a magus and get with it the action economy to do anything?
>>
>>47893150

Can Magus go into DD?
>>
>>47893158
Technically yes with Eldritch Scion. Unfortunately Eldritch Scion is hot shit.
>>
>>47893158

I almost read that as a Magus girl having DD cups.
>>
>>47889410
I don't think this works
>>
>>47893209
No, it's a Magus putting their head into DDs.
>>
>>47893110

Only certain disciplines. Let's not pretend core is not full of the same issues. The only reason why it's not exacerbated as much is because at higher levels it becomes difficult to full attack every round short of a pounce build.
>>
>>47892182
Immunity to diseases does nothing at all against drugs or other poisons.
>>
>>47893200

Augh, would DD and such make up for that?

I just want to be a cool dude with a dragon bloodline who wants to be like their great great great great grandfather.
>>
If you're undead and have levels in bloatmage does the class just stop working?
>>
Here's a challenge. How would you go about making "Commoner: Unchained"?
>>
File: 131.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
131.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>>47893252
>No, it's a Magus putting their head into DDs.

>Busty Rogue boobhatting the Magus
>>
>>47893291
Literally Fighter.
Like, not joking.
>>
>>47893279
Literally just play straight Draconic Bloodrager. You end up getting Form of Dragon while bloodraging.
>>
>>47891775
That line quality is gorgeous.
>>
>>47893266

Drug addiction and withdrawal are diseases.
>>
>>47893279
No, prestige classes tend to be more for unique flavor-related abilities than mechanical improvement.
>>
File: [SAVE ME].jpg (67 KB, 500x550) Image search: [Google]
[SAVE ME].jpg
67 KB, 500x550
>>47893310

>tfw commissions are closed
>tfw basically every good artist's commissions are closed

Are there literally any quality commissioners that are open right now?
>>
>>47893279
No. Eldritch Scion is strictly inferior to just playing a Bloodrager into Dragon Disciple. If your GM is willing to houserule that Dragon Disciple advances your pool and a few other features it might be worthwhile, but that's a lot of houseruling to fix that piece of shit.

WHY DID YOU DO THIS PAIZO, YOU COULD HAVE MADE THIS A GOOD, FUNCTIONAL ARCHETYPE.
>>
>>47893320
Are you looking for lewds? If so /aco/ has a commissions thread you may want to check there.
>>
What's the most versatile mundane class?
By mundane I mean no casting, alchemy or psionics.
>>
>>47893320

Lots of decent artists have a tumblr where they post it. DA, etc, does not have the same proliferation of reblogging that gets you views and customers. So try looking there.
>>
>>47893343
I will spout this from the high heavens every time it comes up, but for 1pp the only answer is Vigilante.
>>
File: no sense of right or wrong.png (359 KB, 1102x382) Image search: [Google]
no sense of right or wrong.png
359 KB, 1102x382
>>47893251
Not him, but by RaW it does. By taking Spirit Whisperer with the Lore Spirit and selecting Arcane Enlightenment at 5th level, you are technically now casting Divine spells using your Wizard spell slots, including the requisite 2nd level divine spells for Mystic Theurge.
Just do a cleric dip after that, and prestige in, you basically only lose one wizard level of casting, and gain 10 levels of clerical casting especially since Domain Spells technically key off spell slots, not cleric level

Fuckin Wizards
>>
I remember there being a guide on how to make Link from LoZ for Pathfinder...or was that D&D?
>>
>>47893291
Just give them a general feat every level?

Resistance to disease? Farm related familiars/animal companions?

Improvised weapon buffs with weapon specialization/focus or whatever available for the job of their choice like Pitchfork or Black Smith's hammer?

Just spit balling.
>>
>>47893412
It was 4E.

Also stating Link out is hard since each Link ends up being a different build, and can be up for multiple interpretations.
>>
This'll kinda play into extensive houserules edition.

What are some good Pathfinder settings that are not Golarion? I don't know of any outside of adapting Faerun or Eberron. I've no qualms with paying for some quality stuff made by other publishers, but my preference is free since that is easier to pass around.
>>
>>47893334
Wouldn't it still gain spell progression and BAB, in addition to being able to cast spells while attacking and attack with your weapon as part of spells? That still sounds pretty nice. Arcane pool isn't that amazing.
>>
>>47893414

Animal companion with only 'farm animals' still nets a bunch of decent companions so that's solid.
>>
>>47893459
Eldritch Scion needs to spend pool points in order to use any bloodline features. Losing arcane pool means you have less time using your bloodline features.
>>
>>47893503
Damn, isn't there some way to qualify as spontaneous with a feat? There used to be lots of stuff like that in 3.5 days.
>>
Is it okay to play an Alchemist with 14 INT?
I want to be Doctor Jekyll, so I have to put a bunch of points into my physical scores.
I'd up the INT to 15 and 16 when it becomes necessary.
>>
Need advice for a Life Oracle build. In the campaign I'm in, all spells are maximized and there is no equipment. None whatsoever at char gen (this is early, early primal stage, some don't actually have a real concept of ownership yet), certainly not metal weapons or magic items.

I'm level 6 and so far I have toughness (to survive life link), quick channel and channel surge. I have one extra feat to spare (and could part with channel surge if something goods comes up)

No metamagic looks good at this stage, channel feats are poorly organised but I only have room for one 3d6 channel feat. Is there anything that's good for healers besides Healer's Touch (my heal spells are already maximized). Especially something that lets me add empowered without the level boost.
>>
>>47893532
Sure if you don't intend to use bombs.
>>
File: 1436138377887.png (66 KB, 296x285) Image search: [Google]
1436138377887.png
66 KB, 296x285
Hey /pfg/, you guys like to talk a lot about builds, often in very wild and whacky combinations that might be a bitch to work out in a campaign, right?

Well, have you ever seen a player try to pull off a build and it was glaringly out-of-place for the campaign, poorly done, or otherwise awful from a roleplay/thematic standpoint?
>>
>>47893532
If you're going to just buff yourself and trade out bombs for something else (there are archetypes), your Int will only give you bonus spells.
>>
>>47893556
>Entire party is Neutral Good or Lawful Good
>They all either have Capture Alive or deal nonlethal damage
>New player rolls up a character
>Chaotic Neutral Barbarian that brutally destroys anything he fights
>GM didn't ask what his character was or even look at his sheet before the session
>>
>>47893556
I find there's a positive relationship with crazy builds and system knowledge/experience roleplaying.

I've seen crazy builds, but those players usually have already played the archetypal roles. I don't mean avoiding trap options, I mean pulling something together out of left-field, even if it generally flops is usually rp'd decently.

I've seen hella edgy, dumb characters, and ones that are roleplayed so badly I actually had to kill one and mind control the other, but they were vanilla as hell build-wise
>>
Not sure where else one would ask this, but do any GMs have experience with players wanting different things from their ttrpg?

As in, one player who invested in craft feats wants to tend shop and create a business in the city (don't know how the fuck to work that out, aside from most customers buying mundane 10gp swords with the occassional high roller getting a +4 flaming flail or some shit). At the same he rolled archer/wizard and is the most broken character combat-wise, so he also enjoys seeing big numbers and ending combat before everyone else can finish buffing.
One person is a paladin who only seems invested when social situations where one can defend the weak are involved.
One is an alchemist who enjoys most things as long as we don't dwell for 20 years in the same place (a la tending shop for 6 IRL hours).
One person is a ranger who doesn't seem to enjoy combat, and in fact if combat starts she usually climbs a tree (catfolk) and uses her 1d8 unmodified arrow damage most of the time, despite being heavily specc'd for whip use (CAT-o-nine tails), and out of combat just follows everyone around.
And finally the wizard who hates being railroaded and relishes at searching through crates to find old apples and grapes and then arguing with a merchant to sell them for 8 gold pieces.

Atm I'm acting as a player and even I realize it can suck as I was hoping to do the classic "allow oneself to be railroaded so I can experience the adventure the GM has in store," but the last 2 sessions were spent in the city, which could be cool but if everyone goes off to do their own thing, it becomes a nightmare to GM, let alone get a turn in.

Tl;dr Group of 5-6 want different things from a game, what do?
>>
>>47893300
No, that's Warrior Unchained.
>>
>>47890850
Pretty much this. The lost forever part means no coming back
>>
Gestalt question:
Is it a bad idea to mix two initiators?
I figure it'd be kind of the "two casters" issue of having way too much shit to ever use it all, right?
>>
>>47893556
Well, when I first started playing 3.5, one of the guys in our group decided that he was going to make a rogue.
A Drow rogue.
A Drow rogue that dumped Con.
A Drow rogue that dumped Con and tried to sneak up on the party.
Before he's able to get up close, however, the party got ambushed by a group of Drow. One fires off a Prismatic Spray in front of us, and this rogue is the only one to fail the save. He dies before the party even knows he exists, and the DM has to retcon him already being part of the party so we don't just throw his body out with the ambush party. Looking over his sheet, we found out that not only did he have 6 Con, but his 13th level character was made up of 6 different classes, something like Rogue 2/Ranger 2/Beguiler 2/Bard 2/Assassin 3/Dervish Dancer 2, or something like that. He died at least once per session, and owed the cleric a small mountain of diamonds by the end of the campaign from the sheer amount of times he had to be rezzed.
>>
>>47893676
1) Have unhappy people.
2) Break up group into smaller parts.
3) Agree that you'll switch focus on a session to session basis so that everyone can have their kind of fun once in a while, and grit your teeth when things you don't like come up.
>>
>>47893757
The issue with dual-casting is that spellcasting is very action intensive, as most spells use your standard action unless they're quickened. With initiating it shouldn't be as much of a problem as you can split your maneuvers between strikes, boosts and counters, so you can generally use two per round instead of just one per round.
>>
File: elf_warrior_by_zeilyan-d896f08.jpg (732 KB, 700x957) Image search: [Google]
elf_warrior_by_zeilyan-d896f08.jpg
732 KB, 700x957
>>47891185

One of my fellow playes plays a manlet elf who is totally not her husbando.

She never played TTRPGs (only larps) and it's her first character but..

When we had a grand feast last session the fuccboi elf changed clothes and what was most important was that his chest was exposed like pic related.
>>
>>47893676
Well, on the bright side, all your characters have out of combat interests, so you need to find a combination issue.

Aka business
Charity and politics
General, as long as not too drawn out
Dunno what your ranger likes out of combat, besides just following, but there are uses
More business and searching!

You have yourself a good old fashioned city-based merchants guild campaign, my friend. Have them sponsored by someone, start up a business, take care of issues for the guild. Work with the paladin, wizard and archer/wizard to set up the corporation (along charitable, but business-oriented lines), and then have missions incorporated into that (corruption, stealing, banditry, hostile competitors, cheap resources if the local monsters are cleaned out). Reward them with resources for the business, which your wizard can turn into goods, and your archer/wizard can have the goods improved, sold back and the paladin can work the public, good face of the company.

It's just a matter of finding the right balance. If the ranger/alchemist gets bored with the money stuff, concentrate on the operations side and handle the rest of it afterwards, maybe directly with the invested players.
>>
>>47893818
k
>>
>>47893532
Honestly you can start with a 12 Int if you really want, or even 10 if you're playing at a high enough level to buy a +6 headband. Doesn't even matter if your stats drop during the day since you cast all your spells ahead of time.
>>
>>47893556

We had a Kobold rogue that tried to dump strength and remain a competent character.

He lasted five sessions before loudly rage-quitting the campaign so hard he made our 16 year old Gnome Alchemist player cry.

I wish I left the campaign at that point, we spent 2 years together and I don't even remember their names. Those people were boring.
>>
>>47893556
>Gestalt Mythic game
>Warlord//Barbarian | Champion
>Built for charge attacks
>Level 9, rank 3
>Broke his damage record last session
>58
>>
>>47893556

I saw a cleric/samurai/gunslinger once. He wanted to channel negative energy, but also wanted to use a pistol with one hand and his sword in the other.

He sucked as much as you'd imagine, and was a hilarious edgelord into the bargain, but he was just so laughably terrible that we grew to like him, and put considerable effort into making sure he survived. His attempts to rudely assert that we were all just tools for his revenge or whatever were always dismissed as him "being shy", and we'd always tell him how much we treasured his friendship and stuff.
>>
File: 1442391379636.jpg (307 KB, 818x1100) Image search: [Google]
1442391379636.jpg
307 KB, 818x1100
>>47893913
How? Warlord by itself could probably break that damage at level 3 without mythic.
>>
>>47893913
Christ that is so weak.
>>
>>47893676

Herd the cats, drop the ones who are too obstinate and refuse to engage the story presented and roleplay provided.

I make it a point to say no to crafting or professions, myself, unless I stated that it was going to be a slice of life style game.
>>
God damn why are dragon-girls so cute?

Or girls with horns in general, CUTE.
>>
>>47893913
That's not even a third of what you should be handing out, specc'd for charging at that point.
>>
>>47894025
Because you have a particular preference/fetish that doesn't necessarily apply to anyone else.
>>
>>47893913
Hahahahahaha
Christ, that character just retire to ditch digging
>>
What sort of names do fae creatures have? Like, individuals. A huldra specifically, if it matters.
>>
>>47894062
Usually? "Faggot"
>>
>>47894062
Vaguely Irish with lots of hard "C" and "ch" sounds
>>
>>47893913
>be non gestalt mythic warder
>do almost 200 damage
Jesus what is this nigger doing?
>>
>>47894062

Huldra typically have Scandinavian names, like Sylgja.
>>
>>47894111

Not just Scandinavian, OLD Scandinavian, so look up vikinglady and go to her section on old Norse female names.
>>
File: 1454744742259.jpg (227 KB, 773x1000) Image search: [Google]
1454744742259.jpg
227 KB, 773x1000
>>47894025
>>
>>47894095
>>47894111
>>47894149
Okay, thanks for the tips.
>>
What profession would fit with a treasure hunter who reveres Aroden?
>>
>>47894200
Easy. Anthropologist.

>Human Culture
>History
>Treasure
>>
Any good tools you lot would recommend for creating realistic old-timey letters?
>>
>>47894200
>Worshiping Aroden
>Being this fucking basic
>>
Is there any way to have access to both Rage and Mutagen without multiclassing? The class doesn't matter, so long as it's one class. My GM doesn't allow multiclassing, but I want to have both of those. Is it possible?
>>
>>47894200
Archeologist
Anthropologist
Theologian
Historian
Prospector
Jeweler
>>
>>47894226
Nice. That'll really help solidify the character.

>>47894241
>Thinking reverence and worship are the same
>>
>>47894248
What do you want out of rage? If you want the stat boosts, rage is straight up on the alchemist's formula list. If you want rage powers you can go mutagenic rager.
>>
>>47894270
>>47894267

Anthropologist is just nice because it can apply to any of those fields across the scope of human cultures and history. You're not limited to just jewels or just theology, but can justify being the classic Indiana Jones/Nathan Drake/Lara Croft type with a breadth of knowledge.
>>
>>47894323
I just want to stack as much STR as possible and punch people through walls and hit people with other people, etc.
Alchemist it is, then.
>>
File: fighterskills.jpg (70 KB, 1032x372) Image search: [Google]
fighterskills.jpg
70 KB, 1032x372
Can you think of any reason this happened?
>>
>>47894344
Legacy rules.
>>
>>47894323
>>47894341
Aw, man, the alchemist formula Rage is only a +2 to STR! What a rip-off!
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.