[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game Finder Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: 1400985322281.jpg (62 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
1400985322281.jpg
62 KB, 500x434
>GM or Player
>System(s)
>Time availability
>Text or Voice
>Contact Information
>Additional Information
>>
>GM or Player
Forever GM who really wants to be a player
>System(s)
Pathfinder is preferable.
>Time availability
Most days after 5PST except thursday.
>Text or Voice
Either
>Contact Information
>discord
slowcogs
>skype
slowcogs
>Additional Information
I am really just looking for a game with a compelling cast of characters. I have been bouncing around games with really lackluster story/design/etc. I just am really desperate for something interesting.
>>
>>47885883
It would help if you specified what you consider 'lackluster'

On my end, i want to ask:
Are you okay with D&D 5e?
Are you willing or able to be available one hour earlier than 5PM PST?
Are thursdays completely impossible for you?

I may have something for you depending on what you answer
>>
>>47886420
>It would help if you specified what you consider 'lackluster'
Mainly NPCs seemed to be thrown in for convenience, no thought was put into the narrative. I've only been able to find hack and slash fests.

Thursdays are not completely impossible. I can switch stuff around to be available then.

I like 5e, just prefer pathfinder.

I can do an hour earlier for the next six weeks, but then I'll be working and won't get off work till 5. I live a five minute bike ride from work though.
>>
>GM or Player
Player/Recruiter

>System(s)
Fantasy Craft (similar to Pathfinder, 3.5 but better)

>Time availability
Weekends, during the afternoon-evening usually EST

>Text or Voice
Text only.

>Contact Information
[email protected]

>Additional Information
Send an e-mail for more details, and we can help you make a character and everything if you're never played FC before.
>>
>>47886645
>Mainly NPCs seemed to be thrown in for convenience, no thought was put into the narrative. I've only been able to find hack and slash fests.

...That is actually pretty fitting and convenient for you to say. I'll be contacting you soon.
>>
Is anyone interested in running a solo campaign for me where I can be a black man?
>>
>>47888765
As an actual black man I find this mildly racist but extremely amusing. I raise my watermelon slice to you in salute.
>>
>>47888765
Different anon here, same question but tiefling stripper rogue instead of that spoiler.
>>
>>47889766
As an actual tiefling stripper rogue I find this mildly racist but extremely amusing. I raise my lust-potion-coated dagger to you in salute.
>>
>>47889766
>>47888765

Different anon here, same question but with human male fighter instead of those spoilers.
>>
>GM or Player
Player
>System(s)
Something fantasy, don't really care what system. Got experience with D&D, Iron Kingdoms and GURPS
>Time availability
GMT +2, any day really
>Text or Voice
Ok with both
>Contact Information
>>
>>47890082
Can you play three times a week?
>>
File: tumblr_o7k1n8dbwV1r94kvzo1_1280.jpg (677 KB, 1238x924) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7k1n8dbwV1r94kvzo1_1280.jpg
677 KB, 1238x924
>>47890320
in case that anon isn't able to, i'm essentially a carbon copy of him.

ivan.slavishityi on skype.
>>
>>47890320
Yes, probably
>>
>text only
h...how does this even work?
>>
>>47890430
Tediously.
>>
>>47890430
I can't into enlish phonetics
>>
>>47890430
Slowly and ponderously.
>>
>>47890374
>>47890427
Can you play text only with a very ESL GM?
>>
>>47890430
The GM narrates by text. You communicate what you do IC through text too.
You also communicate with the other players OOC by text (usually in a different medium or channel within the same medium to avoid mixing things up)

The mechanics of text roleplaying should be clear by this point, unless you truly are as retarded as your question.
>>
>>47890529

it'd be better than trying to voice-game with him. then at least he has the benefit of instant translation checks
>>
>>47890430
It's like live cooperative story writing. I prefer it to irl or voice.
>>
Last time I posted in this thread it immediately 404'd so h-here I go.
>GM or Player
Either, I'll GM something I'm familiar with but I'd rather play if I'm not used to the system
>System(s)
I'll try nearly anything. I know OD&D, 3.5PF, 4e, Traveller, SW Saga, and FATE. I have small, distant experience with 40k RPGs, the GUMSHOE system, and apoc/dungeon world. I've read over but not played Savage Worlds, Star Wars WEG d6, Riddle of Steel/Song of Swords, GURPS, and Stars without Number.
>Time availability
Wednesdays from 10am-5pm EST
>Text or Voice
I'm flexible
>Contact Information
[email protected] is my throwaway for this kind of thing. I think you can reach me on skype using that as well. If so, please message me--- don't call me out of the blue
>Additional Information
I typically learn new systems quickly and I don't have autism or any fetishes to insert into the game.
>>
>>47890529
I guess? Depends on how big of a language barrier we're talking about
>>
>>47891267
>I don't have autism
>GURPS and Riddle of Steel
Pick one
>>
>>47892086
>hating on the Riddle of Steel
Fucking pleb
>>
>GM or Player
Player

>System(s)
The Mutant Epoch

>Additional Information
Im currently GMing a game on this system, but i would like to also learn to play it as a player.
Im trying to get a group together, but obviously the hard part is the GM.
I have the core book, and some supplements, and im willing to share them with anyone that needs them. Im aslo willing to help any players and GM to learn the system.
The exact times and dates can be discused once the GM is aboard.
>>
>>GM or Player
GM, looking for player
>>System(s)
Fantasy Craft
>>Time availability
1pm EST, Sundays
>>Text or Voice
Voice, on Discord, but using Roll20
>>Contact Information
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/41525/fog-of-elbar
>>Additional Information
Just looking for one more player.
>>
File: akame-ga-kill-header.jpg (106 KB, 726x400) Image search: [Google]
akame-ga-kill-header.jpg
106 KB, 726x400
>>47892696
So is this essentially Akame ga Kill meets One-Way Hero?
>>
>>47892696
Application posted
>>
>>47892446
Get in touch with jaso111111 on skype, he's looking for players
>>
>>47892415
and yet I find that so few people want to play it
>>
>>47895543
They overestimate its complexity and never pick up. Skill checks are very simple, combat, its best part, is less complex and tedious than DnD but requires decision making, doesn't work with dungeon crawling and random violence and gets messy when multiple characters fight on each side.
>>
>>47891267
Would you be comfortable running Riddle of Steel/Song of Swords? On the same note, what sort of campaign would you do with the system? I haven't played it before and am semi-interested, but my schedule is a bit meh right now. I want to hear some stuff before I decide to change my schedule.
>>
>>47891030
This is definitely true, but you need a shitload of time and patience to stick out the session.
>>
>>47896469
I'd probably be willing to give it a shot if the group was willing to bear with me but my confidence isn't through the roof on it.

Kind of putting me on the spot but I'd probably want to run a faux-historical 'edge of the world' style game where the players are far from home and embroiled in the politics and wars of those foreign places.
>>
>>47896985
So something akin to GoT minus the fantasy elements and placed somewhere foreign?
>>
>>47897074
I'm only superficially familiar with GoT but I recognize that comparisons to it are somewhat unpopular on /tg/ lately.

That being said, I'd probably have a much larger setting, more muted fantasy elements, and less backstabbing? I'm not sure exactly.
>>
>>47897182
Well I added you on skype(I think), we can discuss some stuff there instead of shitting up the thread.
>>
Any Exalted games going on?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.