[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So lemme get this straight... this bitch betrays Sorin, destroys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: tumblr_o41gc3ITd21u6mclko1_1280.jpg (100 KB, 600x706) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o41gc3ITd21u6mclko1_1280.jpg
100 KB, 600x706
So lemme get this straight... this bitch betrays Sorin, destroys his home plane, kills his whole family, and forces him to kill his own daughter... and now Wizards wants us to take HER side?

Fuck MtG lore so hard.
>>
File: coaxfromtheblindeternities.jpg (39 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
coaxfromtheblindeternities.jpg
39 KB, 265x370
Well I mean whoever can cast blue spells has plot armor, right?
>>
>>47883764
Nahiri a best
stay mad Innifags.
>>
>>47883764
I mean, from her perspective he betrayed her first by not upholding his part of the deal, which he factually did not hold up, and just told her to fuck off because he doesn't have to look out for Eldrazi anymore, then beats her up with his daughter and locks her away for a millennium.

Now she wakes up, lost almost all her powers, has no idea that the Mending ever happened, thinks Sorin took her powers and watched idly while the Eldrazi obliterated her plane and everything she loved.

I'm not saying that she's not still a bitch for overreacting like that, but her actions are understandable from her point of few.
>>
sorin a shit tho
>>
File: low quality bait.jpg (3 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
low quality bait.jpg
3 KB, 160x160
>>47883849
>>
>>47883872
Everything Sorin did was for the Multiverse's own well-being. A fellow oldwalker, and especially a white oldwalker, should be able to understand that.

But Sorin is a man and Nahiri a woman, so obviously he's the one in the wrong here, amirite?
>>
>>47883872
>Its understandable that she wants to commit genocide because of a man
You understanded hitler too?
>>
File: 1461324209372.jpg (183 KB, 320x560) Image search: [Google]
1461324209372.jpg
183 KB, 320x560
>and now Wizards wants us to take HER side?

You weren't before?
I thought there were already two very good reasons to side with her.
>>
>>47883764
>"Women can't be wrong!" - wotc
>>
I think we all know for a fact it's Ugin's fault ultimately for being a fucking hippy dippy conservationist trying to perserve the prescious species of eldritch abominations.

I mean, is this how it's suppose to work ugin? Is this how nature is suppose to work on the planes? I'd be okay if they were eating dead planes they didn't make dead themselves but this is straight up Cthulhu shit
>>
>>47883872
She tried to fucking murder an entire plane. Bitch is a bit of an understatement.
>>
>>47883872
Except if she had gone to the Eye of Ugin or tried to fight and save her plane AT ALL, she would have figured out Sorin had been trying to help.

Evidentally, she buggered off right when the Eldrazi were set lose to go ruin Sorin's life. She didn't try and find Sorin. She didn't try and stop the Eldrazi again without him. She didn't try and find Ugin. She let her plane die because Sorin didn't pick up the phone last time she called.
>>
>>47884072
She probably would have understood if she hadn't been in stasis for centuries and had gotten any explanation at all as to what Sorin did in the meantime that hinders him from leaving the plane due to a lack of energy.

He was acting like an edgy "2cool4school" teen that was too cocky to explain anything to a person that couldn't possibly know what the fuck was going on
>>
>>47884295
And her first reaction isn't to ask Sorin "dude, what the fuck" or literally anything rational. Nope, she just goes straight to MURDERDEATHKILL mode.
>>
>>47884428
But she did ask him why the fuck he left her hanging to which he never gave any reasonable ecxplanation.
>>
File: c4rd4r7_3ubNi4n6aj.jpg (452 KB, 750x638) Image search: [Google]
c4rd4r7_3ubNi4n6aj.jpg
452 KB, 750x638
She's a White villain OP.
>>
>>47883764

It's amazing how many problems involving Oldwalkers could be solved if they talked instead of lashing out like petulant children with god powers. Not to mention Nahiri totally fucking up the plane is just dumb spiteful. I mean if she had figured out a way to keep Sorin off of Innistrad permanently instead that would have fucked with Sorin's ego much much harder.
>>
>>47884225
Ugin wanted to preserve them in case it turns out they serve some unknown but vital purpose in the multiverse. He was okay with locking them up indefinitely and therefore removing them from the ecosystem just as thoroughly as if they went extinct - except locking them up can be undone if necessary, whereas actually wiping them out can't be undone. He didn't just decide to preserve them because muh nature.
>>
>>47884560
Helvault and Avacyn act as a multiversal signal faraday cage. This explains it well enough. Sorin is also at the very least ten thousand years old; all are children to him.
>>
>>47883764
>Betrays Sorin
All Sorin had to do was either explain that he just used up half of his energy to make an angel and giant ass block of silver and needed to rest or go to Zendikar for 5 minutes to check on the status of the Hedrons.
But no he had to be a condescending ass.
Literally all of this fuckery with the Eldrazi could have been avoided had Sorin done that. Elf Hitler wouldn't have awoken the Eye because Nahiri wasn't imprisoned in the Halvault.
>>
>>47884634
>It's amazing how many problems involving characters in most works of fiction could be solved if they talked

Fixed that for you. Hey, speaking of Oldwalkers, does Nahiri even know the mending happened? Has she noticed that she and her fellow walkers aren't gods anymore? Maybe Nahiri thinks Sorin can undo all this with a weekend's work. To a god, undoing the wholesale slaughter of a whole fucking plane is as much of a pain in the ass as cleaning up a house that's been TP'd. I'd love it if the story ends with Nahiri going, "Ha ha, I really got you good! Okay we're even now. Wanna go get lunch?" and Sorin Ugin and the gatewatch all just stare at her dumbfounded.
>>
File: annoying mountain.jpg (101 KB, 500x394) Image search: [Google]
annoying mountain.jpg
101 KB, 500x394
>Break your promise to someone
>Treat them like shit
>Shove them in prison for like five thousand years
>They're a bitch because they're mad when they got out

/tg/ has some unresolved mommy issues don't they

Get a fucking grip. All she's doing is bringing an Eldrazi to Innistrad. Sorin and Ugin brought three to Zendikar. Sorin brought it on himself. When Ugin asked where Nahiri was Sorin, Mr. Edgelord himself, felt fucking guilt.
>>
>>47884705
She has no idea about the mending since she was in the vault when it happened and I doubt anyone explained it to her.

Going by the story chapter it sounds like she thinks that the Helvault took her powers.
>>
>>47884705
Unless she's mentally retarded, wouldn't she have noticed her own power decrease.
>>
>>47884759
>All she's doing is bringing an incomprehensible Eldritch horror to his home plane specifically to fuck it up.
>Sorin and Ugin brought three to be sealed on her home plane, which she agreed to.
>Also she corrupted the angels, killed his family, and made him kill his own daughterfu.
FTFY
>>
>>47884759
He felt guilt because they had a bit of an argument and haven't spoken in ages because of it.

He didn't intentionally break his promise. He was a dick about it.

She was the one who went full psycho on the last person she had an argument with because she jumped to conclusions.

Sorin is the one who tracked down Ugin on Tarkir to help with the Eldrazi this time around. Nissa (though she caused all of this) at least stuck around on her homeplane to try and fight the Eldrazi.

Where was Nahiri during all of this? Still frozen? Or was she already busy trying to burn down Innistrad?
>>
File: 1351617248989.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1351617248989.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>claiming Nahiri isn't justified in destroying everything Sorin holds dear before killing him like the cuck he is
>>
>>47885126
Where was Nahiri when Zendikar died?
>>
>>47884761
Probably blamed sorin for that too
>>
>>47885126

She's justified in fucking over Sorin... but not the people of Innistrad.
>>
>>47884761
>>47885278
And of course, the logical thing to do when you've experienced a sudden power drain and your home plane is under attack is to...

Go to the home plane of the person you think is responsible and start knocking stuff over? How does that solve anything?

This is like waking up to see your house starting to catch fire and that your fire extinguisher has been stolen, and driving over to the friend you had a recent argument with and burning his house down because you think he did it.
>>
File: Image.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
>>47885277
>>
>>47884705
>I'd love it if the story ends with Nahiri going, "Ha ha, I really got you good! Okay we're even now. Wanna go get lunch?" and Sorin Ugin and the gatewatch all just stare at her dumbfounded.

wotc please
>>
>>47885335
>implying the people of Innistrad matter
Everyone knows they're just fodder for vampires, necromancers, and demons.
>>
>>47885378
I'm questioning how the timeline works out here. She busts out of the Helvault, goes to Zendikar, and then does nothing but check that the Eldrazi have been freed before going back to ruin everything?

How did she not come across anyone who could tell her what happened?
>>
>>47885277
>>47884856
From what I understand after reading the UR story, Nahiri got out of the Helvault in between Zendikar 1 and 2. She goes home only to find everything a smoking ruin and the titans just kind of chilling and taking their time in chowing down on the plane. She figures without her powers she can't stop them and runs back to Innistrad to plot her revenge long before the Jacetice league shows up to save the day.

>Why didn't she go find Sorin?
How does anyone find a specific planeswalker in the whole of the multiverse. I'd imagine unless you know where they like to hang out and wait around for them, you'd never find them. Going around plane-to-plane asking people if they've seen some pale dude with a sword and a bad attitude would be pointless.
>>
>>47883764
>Sorin's fault that he didn't do what he needed to
>Sorin's fault that the situation escalated with Nahiri
>Sorin's fault that he left Nahiri in oblivion for ages
>Sorin's fault that Nissa was allowed to fuck up
>Sorin's fault that the situation escalated with Avacyn
>Sorin's fault that he had 'no other choice'
>All fucking Sorin's fault

Fuck off vampire apologist.
>>
>>47884278
>Except if she had gone to the Eye of Ugin or tried to fight and save her plane AT ALL
Blame Ugin's disinformation strategy for that. She doesn't think the eldrazi can be fought against in any degree.
>>
>>47883764
Well, she was locked in his closet for a really long time and then her house was on fire when she got home.
>>
>>47885519
I believe she showed up in the gap between the Eldrazi breaking free and when the Jacetice League showed up. To her Zendikar was already dead and beyond saving. And for good reason. The Titans were unkillable up until that retarded retcon that Elf Hitler could take that away.
>>
>>47885519
>She busts out of the Helvault, goes to Zendikar, and then does nothing but check that the Eldrazi have been freed before going back to ruin everything?
>How did she not come across anyone who could tell her what happened?
Only people she meets are a kor warband who tell her that "eldrazi are free, shit's fucked, we lost a continent". She goes to the continent and sees what Ulamog leaves behind, and then rages against Sorin.
>>
>>47883764
I dunno. Just because you have good reasons or a tragic backstory doesn't make you right.

She wanted sorin's help with the eldrazi, but he was to busy idiot-proofing Innistrad, and Ugin was busy being dead(maybe).

Sorin reacting with "Oh... huh. Right sorry forgot about that" with regards to what was a "big deal" to her seemed pretty rude.

Frankly everyone was an idiot in that story.

Sorin was too busy not explaining anything and being aloof, and Nahiri was too busy being angry and heartbroken.

Her being locked away in a timeless void pretty much meant she didn't get a chance to simmer down.
>>
>>47885584
>The Titans were unkillable up until that retarded retcon that Elf Hitler could take that away.
It's not something unique to Nissa.
Ugin could've made them mortal the first time around. The original three could have dragged them in and slain them with little fuss overall, but Ugin's caution tells him that the Eldrazi must exist for a reason, and that the consequences of their death could be far worse than their life.
>>
>>47884072
>Everything Sorin did was for the Multiverse's own well-being. A fellow oldwalker, and especially a white oldwalker, should be able to understand that.
>lemme throw up this caller ID so I block all phone calls from bothering Innistrad
>Woops I forgot to make an exception for Nahiri
>Sorry Nahiri I couldn't focus on the multiverse and it's threats I had to focus on Innistrad so I can keep the human population okay to feed on, I'll deal with it later because it's nap time for me now.
That dude's priorities are Innistrad first, everyone else later, man.
>>
>>47885550
>How does anyone find a specific planeswalker in the whole of the multiverse?

I don't know. Sorin managed to find Ugin in the bumfuck-nowhere that is Tarkir. Why didn't Nahiri do that?

Oh right, she was busy trying to destroy Innistrad instead of getting her powers back, rallying the populace to help her fix the Hedron network, or looking for Ugin.

>>47885575
>>47885584
>>47885597
But she knows they can be trapped, and knows how to do it.

She didn't even try!
>>
>>47885635
>But she knows they can be trapped, and knows how to do it.
bitch that shit took 40 years of oldwalker supermagic
Ob Nixilis estimates the plane has about 6 months left before it's all gone at this rate
>>
>>47885335

If Sorin asked you to risk your homeworld to house 3 eldritch horrors from the blind eternities and you accepted the thankless task for the greater good, and you sat inside the ground for literal thousands of years watching to make sure they didn't break out to consume the multiverse, and upon asking him for help he didn't respond, and then when you asked him what the fuck happened he basically said "fuck you, you're not important" and THEN he imprisoned you inside the helvault for another thousand years, causing the destruction of said homeworld... you bet your roody poo candy ass you'd want to do a little more than just kill him. Killing Innistrad and Avacyn still doesn't put Sorin and Nahiri on even terms.
>>
>>47885654
>bitch that shit took 40 years of oldwalker supermagic

To build the Hedrons. The Gatewatch managed to set it up with nothing but rope and a buttload of mana, and they barely know what they're doing.
>>
>>47885635
No, she needed Ugin's magic to make the Hedron traps to work. Ugin was in limbo or whatever at this time and it took fucking years for the hedron plan to even come into fruition because of the amount of hedrons they had to make.

Nahiri's way of dealing with them was sort of lost because there's a lot of missing parts and it would have taken time. Jace and Co. even said fuck Ugin and just went in for the kill and Nahiri was under the idea that killing them was a really bad idea because Ugin said so.
>>
>>47884705
>Maybe Nahiri thinks Sorin can undo all this with a weekend's work.

Unlikely since the first plain the Eldrazi wrecked was dissolved and left completely lifeless, and their wasn't any hint of it being fixed.
>>
is there any summary of the magic lore? The one in wizards website is xbox huge.
>>
>>47885678
They also knew Ulamog's position and bearing, had the full support of the remaining forces of Zendikar, had Ugin and Jace's intellect guiding their battle plan, and even then it still barely worked for 20 seconds.
Nahiri had no knowledge whatsoever of the current circumstances except the Eldrazi are free and Bala Ged is utterly destroyed.
>>
Is it just me or is new Magic lore one big retardation conga line
>>
>>47885680
She fixed it the first time without Ugin present. Even if she needed Ugin, that's a good reason to go find Ugin. Sorin found Ugin, so it can't be that hard. The Hedrons are already made, so that part of the process is shortened.

Jace and friends were also trying to trap them instead of kill them at first. They had a ring of hedrons up in a matter of days. DAYS.

>>47885718
And you know why they had all that? Because they were actually trying to solve the problem instead of throwing up their hands and deciding to plan vengeance.

They had that army because they raised the army. They had Ugin because Sorin found him and Jace sought him out. It didn't work because Ob fucked them over.

She didn't even try.
>>
>>47885623
>"There must always be a Lich Kin- err, Eldrazi!"

the fact that people actually defend ugin is disgusting
>>
File: jerk.png (271 KB, 519x319) Image search: [Google]
jerk.png
271 KB, 519x319
Is losing Innistrad really that big of a deal? I mean, it's a pretty fucking awful place to begin with. If you aren't getting murdered by vampires or werewolves, it's giant bugs, or your neighbor because they are secretly a tooth collector and trying to reanimate their fucking cat.
>>
>>47885749
>Because they were actually trying to solve the problem
And they had years to rally and prepare for it. It seems you didn't hear me, but Nahiri dropped into the situation without any knowledge whatsoever. She didn't know there were other planeswalkers, she didn't know how large the resistance forces were, and she didn't have any reason whatsoever to believe the Eldrazi could be fought against in any degree without 40 years of prep work.

>They had that army because they raised the army
Bullshit. Tazri and the forces of Zendikar raised themselves as a matter of survival. Gideon took to leading them but he did not recruit them.
>>
>>47885730
You must be new to just figure this out
>>
>>47885789
>And they had years to rally and prepare for it.

Years? Jace found out a few weeks beforehand. Gideon had maybe been working on it a few months.

>Nahiri dropped into the situation without any knowledge whatsoever

And she didn't try and rectify that lack of knowledge. She didn't try and see if there were other planeswalkers present. She didn't try to see if there were resistence forces.

She should also know full well if that's possible without 40 years of prep, considering she probably spent most of those 40 years crafting each and every Hedron herself.

But no, she left once she heard 'Eldrazi free'
>>
>>47885701
I'm not sure even Wizards knows what's supposed to be going on anymore. Elspeth planeswalked away from New Phyrexia and then must have developed retrograde amnesia because she immediately starts fucking around with the Xenagos shit and never bothers to go tell Jace and friends about that kind of important threat from Mirrodin. And remember when Nicol Bolas was supposed to be the principal antagonist of this game? He hasn't done shit in the story for 7 years now.
>>
>>47885749
I don't think they actually escaped the first time, just rattled the bars a bit.

>She didn't even try.
I can understand that. After getting locked in Sorin's basement for an unknown number of years, she gets out to find her house is burning down, probably due to those three arsonists Sorin convinced her to barricade in her closet. "But the water might have still been running! She should have at least tried to put out the fire!" Is there any point if there's nothing left that isn't scorched?
>>
>>47885848
>Years? Jace found out a few weeks beforehand. Gideon had maybe been working on it a few months.
The time between Rise of the Eldrazi and Battle for Zendikar is 3-4 years.

>And she didn't try and rectify that lack of knowledge. She didn't try and see if there were other planeswalkers present. She didn't try to see if there were resistence forces.
Abso-fucking-lutely nothing implies she should or could. You're demanding that she expect the unexpectable.

>She should also know full well if that's possible without 40 years of prep, considering she probably spent most of those 40 years crafting each and every Hedron herself.
As far as Ugin told her the entire planetary hedron network was necessary to contain the Eldrazi. And she could tell at a single glance that it was in utter disarray.
>>
File: 1461740444154.jpg (59 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1461740444154.jpg
59 KB, 650x650
>>47883764
Why do you think Wizards wants you to take her side? I think they just want you to understand that her motivations aren't just lolevil. She's suffered a terrible loss that was objectively Sorin's fault, on several levels, and has legitimate reasons to hate him. She has fantastic justification to feel what she does. But if you think that's all she needs to justify her actual behavior, then you're as mad as the most stereotypical SJW.
>>
Can someone just tell me where it's even implied we're supposed to sympathize with Nahiri, or that she's some how the hero? You idiots do know you can show the logic behind the villain's actions without implying they're reasonable right? I swear to Christ you people will take any opportunity to work yourself up over "muh womyn are his conspiracies"
>>
>>47885776
The thing is people liked the setting of the plane
Instead of a bunch of mongol clans, god of war mythology, they had a bloodborne-esque, victorian horrror feeling, and are upset it's going to be full of tentacles now, specially due to the fact that almost everyone is done with the ELDRAZI MENACE THAT ONLY THE SUPERFRIENDS CAN DEAL WITH

>EARTH, WATER, FIRE, JUSTICE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAND LOVE
>PEWWWWWW ulamog and kozi are dead
>>
People seem to be forgetting or not understanding that Nahari herself is on the precipice of madness. She was in absolute darkness for some 5000 years experiencing free fall. The only thing that kept her 100% devolving into a gibbering mess was her lavish mental palace of Zendikar. It becomes her mental crutch, the sole focus of her entire being, and locus of her every thought for 5000 years. Then she escapes, and immediately returns to Zendikar, only to find it fucked up beyond repair, leading her mind to nearly shatter from grief, which ends up with her seizing upon the first emotion she feels to keep back her absolute despair: rage.
>>
>>47885951
>bloodborne-esque
But original innistrad wasn't that at all
>and are upset it's going to be full of tentacles now
But then that makes the current set even more bloodborne than the original innistrad block
>>
File: 1466360481603s.jpg (3 KB, 119x125) Image search: [Google]
1466360481603s.jpg
3 KB, 119x125
>>47885951
>Bloodborne-esque
>Being mad it's full of tentacles
>>
>>47885982
>But original innistrad wasn't that at all
Of course it was, the whole storyline was about nigger garruk and the cursed plane. Watch the trailers for both innistrad and dark ascenssion. When bloodborne came out everyone was talking about dark souls innistrad
>>
File: 1466029814808.jpg (30 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
1466029814808.jpg
30 KB, 600x549
>More Eldrazi
>>
File: die for something.jpg (29 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
die for something.jpg
29 KB, 223x310
>>47885905
I still don't see the logic. She saw one continent that had been ruined, and one Eldrazi still present.

Remember, she's a White walker. It's the color of Order, Strategy, Defense, Cooperation, and Self-Sacrifice. She saw the world in flames, but rather than sticking to her morals, finding her center, and trying to get help or try and defend her people, she threw herself entirely into anger at someone else, and decided to throw his entire world into disorder, with utter disdain for everyone present.

If there's still White in that White/Red combo, it'd be nice if she could show it.
>>
>>47886116
She thought the titans were unbeatable. Too bad she didn't know of THE JACESTICE LEAGUEâ„¢
>>
>>47883764
Yes, she is a woman.
>>
>>47886155
>She thought the titans were unbeatable

So did the rest of the plane. They just didn't have the option of running like cowards.
>>
File: vengeance.jpg (60 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
vengeance.jpg
60 KB, 312x445
>>47886116
And white can be righteous and vengeful as well. I don't think an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth is out of white's color characterization. Nahiri probably feels this is just as she thinks Sorin is the reason Zendikar got fucked bad. Like someone dodging the draft or something.
>>
>>47886116
The only reason she was able to keep sane through the thousands of years of falling into infinite darkness of the Helvault was by imagining "Zendikar as I know it", a pristine and beautiful untamed land.
The second thing she sees after returning home is a desolate continent of silent dust.
You think she could remain pure white after that?
>>
>>47885915

Okay, and what moral hangups are there for killing residents of another plane?

>inb4 life is "sacred"
>>
>>47883872
Is this one of those times mtg lore general states a bunch of stuff they assume to be true as fact without adding any such clauses to the post?

Because they do that a lot.
>>
File: akroma's vengeance.jpg (62 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
akroma's vengeance.jpg
62 KB, 312x445
>>47886192
example two. Akroma is all white and her fucking name has wrath in it.

People keep on thinking white is this benevolent color about being heroic and benevolent and shit but seem to leave out the part of justice and righteousness even when it's in the wrong. Elesh Norn is white. Elesh fucking Norn is the color of what people are complaining are lacking in Nahiri and she's the fucking current leader of one of the most dangerous antagonists in this game's lore.
>>
>>47886116
>It's the color of Order, Strategy, Defense, Cooperation
She seems to be employing plenty of that with Innistrad's demise. The cryptoliths didn't raise themselves, and she recruited Gisa to her service. It clearly took some time to create an Emrakul summoning ritual.
>>
>>47886192
Perhaps not, but vengeance is better when you're avenging the dead, not the dying.

There's also a large difference between killing Sorin for his crimes, and destroying a plane full of innocents because someone they've never met happens to like the neighborhood. It could potentially expand to Avacyn and the Vampires as well, but scrubbing Sorin from the plane would have been plenty.

>>47886199
She clearly didn't remain pure White, and it would have been unreasonable to expect her to. However, all that means is she's gone mad with rage and anger. I'm sure she feels justified, but that doesn't mean she is.
>>
>>47886287
what do people matter to the 10,000 year old godlings?

Nahiri is so old and so beyond the scope of carring about mortals, she has no way to care about them anymore.

you telling me, how a beyond ancient being such as her should "feel" about genocide is laughable.
>>
>>47886287
>Perhaps not, but vengeance is better when you're avenging the dead, not the dying.
There's a whole damn dead continent.
Not an island, not a city, not a nation, a fucking continent.
You can't un-annihilate a continent.
>>
>>47886332
Right, and I'm sure she's much more attached to that landscape she's been sleeping in for thousands of years.

All this isn't painting her as any more sympathetic you know.
>>
>>47885914
It was 3-4 years? If I'm following sorin correctly, he was there when elf Hitler released them. Then he immediately went home to see what was wrong there. After breaking his big vault, he then went to find ugin. Finding him (after a time retrofitting), he sends him to zendikar. BfZ happens, then this set. To me that seems like a year at most? I'm a bit shaky on that.
>>
>>47886332
Then why the fuck should she care about the people of Zedikar?

Works both ways mate, and I'm pretty sure oldwalkers were not universally ancient as you describe. The Bitch was described as the youngest of the three fuckups.

Moreover why should age preclude caring?
>>
>>47886287
>Perhaps not, but vengeance is better when you're avenging the dead, not the dying.
But plenty have died. A whole continent is fucking gone. People kept dying and Zendikar is barely something people can call hospitable right now. I am not trying to say Nahiri is in the right but it is in her nature as someone who identifies as the color of white to be vengeful and avenge those who died. Gideon is the same when it comes to avenging soldiers who died but the difference between Gideon and Nahiri is who they see as enemies that should be smitten. Gideon sees that the Eldrazi need to be stopped because they keep killing everyone and he's dumb enough to try tanking them and Nahiri feels that it's Sorin's fault for forcefully keeping her away from doing her damn job and now she sees her home in fucking ruins.
>>
>>47886356
'm sure Nahiri will be happy to stop the destruction on Innistrad after one continent then? After all, an eye for an eye and all that.

Maybe she'll destroy one and then trap Sorin in a box for 1000 years. That'd be karmic.
>>
>>47886371
I never said she was sympathetic, you are confusing me with someone else.

this is simply what she believes is the only "right" left to her, the right to revenge, nothing in her mind can bring back Zendikar, she gave up.

a thousand years in the Iso-Chamber and the horrible mind break of seeing your 5k years of life work shit down the drain because someone ruined your life that you trusted would break almost anyone.

expecting a person who went through that to give a SHIT about people on some random plane is asking way too much, she is simply beyond empathy now.
>>
>>47886201
I'm not sure what you're asking here. Presumably, the same moral hangups that stop you from killing people from your own plane? All I'm saying is that she's got good reasons for her feels, but her feels aren't a good reason for what she's doing.
>>
>>47886378
I guess it might have taken longer to find Ugin than it seems. Still, that also probably means it took 2 years for the Eldrazi to even eat that single continent, which is also around 1 year that Nahiri spent plotting and scheming on Innistrad while Sorin was looking for Ugin.
>>
>>47886381
she's 6k+ years old, which is about as old as Urza.

and she doesn't care about the people of Zendikar, she cares about Zendikar itself.
>>
>>47886406
Then they probably should have made her Red to represent how far she jumped off the deep-end, instead of making her White/Red and pretending there was still any sense of White's morals left in her.
>>
>>47886436
>pretending there was still any sense of White's morals left in her.

White doesn't mean good. Vengeance is about as RW as it gets - it's emotionally satisfying and it's about repaying injustice. It's angry and it's righteous.
>>
>>47884428
Weren't they fighting right before sorin shoved nahiri in her cage?
>>
>>47886415
Wait wait wait.

If Ob Nix said the plane would last like 6 months more tops, and they lost one continent out of 7, then doesn't math dictate that it had only been a month?

Nahiri went there 2 weeks after they popped out and then immediately went back to Innistrad to fuck it up?
>>
>>47886436
But she is using the literal oldest form of justice known to man. An eye for an eye.
>>
>>47886436
Nahiri is motivated by rage (Red).

Her solution to the problem is vengeance (White).
>>
>>47884428
But she does ask him multiple times why he didn't show up and he kept fucking denying her answers because he was sleepy and then she tried to seem bigger than him and he didn't like that so he shot her with his magic and that is what set her off to fight him.

Nahiri didn't even want to kill him, she wanted to overpower him to have him respect her and Sorin instead called his new girlfriend Terminator daughter and then shoved Nahiri into his closet and threw away the key.

Nahiri tried to handle the situation calmly and Sorin pissed her off.
>>
>>47886490
Mighta been the biggest continent. I mean we have 7 continents but losing losing asia isn't the same as losing antartica or australia
>>
File: 0.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
>>47886058
Make way for Eldrazi
Say hey, it's Eldrazi

Hey! Clear the way in Zendikar
Hey you! Let us through! It's a big monstar!
Oh come!
It's the first of two blocks with these bad guys!

Make way! Here it comes!
Buy packs! More than one!
Ah you're gonna hate these guys!

Eldrazi! Titanic three!
Colorless mana!
They're gonna stain your favorite plane!
Definitely!
Now try your best to stay calm
As they spew more of their spawn
Then come to despise the Titans three

Eldrazi!
Sickeningly outliving their stay!
Worse than ten garbage commons, definitely!
Three strong walkers barely stored
These monsters and their huge hordes
Who got destroyed by four more?
Why, Eldrazi!
>>
>>47886534
I like the Eldrazi and still laughed at this, well done.

I still think BFZ block was garbage, but it was because of terrible power level and the fact that mechanically everything outside of the Eldrazi was disjointed and weak as fuck
>>
>>47886459
>White doesn't mean good

I didn't say it does. White does mean Cooperation, Community, Order. A lack of empathy and a desire to sow chaos in order to get back at someone who wronged you is straight Red.

The only thing White about it is she decided to go to the trouble of summoning an Eldrazi instead of just burning everything down.

>>47886515
>>47886498
>Vengeance

Is it Vengeance, or Revenge? Vengeance is White. Revenge is Black/Red, if I had to hazard a guess.

Vengeance for White usually involves avenging others. Revenge is usually for more selfish and personal reasons.

While there are people on Zendikar who likely deserve some Vengeance, I think we already established that Nahiri doesn't care about them, just the fact that HER plane was messed up, so now she's going to destroy Sorin's.
>>
>>47886490
Did he say that when the Eldrazi were initially released or during the BfZ storyline?
>>
File: laughing stocking.gif (278 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
laughing stocking.gif
278 KB, 480x270
>>47886534

Fucking dying, anon.
>>
>>47886521
Checked mtgsalvation and they have it out to be 3 years or something.

Guess Ob thought they were going to finish their meal and stop playing with their food?

Apparently tho, the helvault being popped and the eldrazi being popped happened in the same year. So nahiri has been ignoring her plane for 2 years, minimum, to set up this shit while Sorin actually tried to do something about it.

Who's not doing their job now, Nahiri?
>>
>>47886490
Well, by the start of BFZ I think they've actually lost 2 or 3 total, but even that's still a rate of only 1 per year at best.

Six months seems like an insanely short estimate considering how long they've been around and how much is still left.
>>
File: 1465922653708.jpg (59 KB, 510x489) Image search: [Google]
1465922653708.jpg
59 KB, 510x489
>>47886534
>After Kaladesh the eldrazi will corrupt the Arabian Nights block
>>
>>47886609
Y'know, if Nahiri was so inclined, she could probably go back to Zendikar, get a bunch of plant seeds, her favorite rocks, and likely even the eggs of some cool animals and possibly even merfolk, and just transplant a bunch of Zendikar to another plane.

After all, if Nissa can carry a few seeds in her pocket in case she ends up running, Nahiri could have spent those two years saving taking as much of Zendikar with her as she could carry.
>>
>>47886411

Pretty sure the social contract ceases to apply once you're on another plane of existence, considering that you're no longer working towards common goals and have literally nothing to gain from working with the people there. For that matter, standard rules of morality don't really apply to demigods (laws of nature being 'might makes right') v mortals anyways.
>>
File: 1456107781465.gif (479 KB, 440x250) Image search: [Google]
1456107781465.gif
479 KB, 440x250
>>47886586
The vengeance comes into play when you consider how Nahiri feels about Sorin and his part of the bargain they all agreed to. He didn't take it as seriously as Nahiri saw fit. Her plane was the most vulnerable and he agreed to help out if needed. He never showed up, he in fact fucked up pretty bad when thinking only about Innistrad and forgot that Zendikar phone calls might be blocked and when Nahiri asked him to come immediately to see Zendikar he said no because he needed a nap.

Because of Sorin's decision to not stay involved in being aware of the eldrazi issue and then shoving Nahiri in the helvault he is partly responsible for people dying when they are released because he led Nissa there and treated Nissa the fucking same way he treated Nahiri.

So yes, vengeance is applicable here as well as with revenge for being shoved into a fucking rock for so so long. You can have both because Nahiri currently identifies as both. Nahiri sees Sorin as someone who betrayed her and as someone unjustly avoiding his duty.
>>
>>47886661
So your argument is that Nahiri is in the right here?
>>
>>47886704
Neither did Ugin, and she didn't even look for him, despite Ugin being infinitely more important in the whole setup.

What was Sorin supposed to do if he got the alarm anyway? Rush over to Zendikar and twiddle his thumbs while waiting for someone who could actually help?
>>
>>47886656
Shit, if I noticed my house was going to burn down over the course of a week, I'd take everything of value and move it to a friend's house while I try to think of a way to put it out, and if I took my things to as many people's houses as possible and asked my neighbors to help me stop my house from burning down or call the fire department, I could potentially get some help.

Or I could go burn down the house of the guy who lit my place on fire. With a bomb that took me almost a week to make. And hide it there until he gets home and yell 'Suprise, mother fucker.' when he gets there.
>>
>>47886752

Yes. Sorin deserves punishment, and destroying Innistrad and Avacyn are the best ways to do that.
>>
>>47886796

He was supposed to show up, that's for certain.

Even if it turned out he couldn't help he should be there.
>>
>>47886839

... I don't think Nahiri had any friends besides the other 3 who were planeswalkers.
>>
File: tumblr_o4lmtgOkj21u7zuaso1_540.gif (2 MB, 540x292) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4lmtgOkj21u7zuaso1_540.gif
2 MB, 540x292
>>47886796
>What was Sorin supposed to do if he got the alarm anyway? Rush over to Zendikar and twiddle his thumbs while waiting for someone who could actually help?
Well seeing how when Nahiri called for his help the perp ended up being vampires that didn't exist on Zendikar before the eldrazi got holed up there they could have started talking about what hosting the Eldrazi on Zendikar is doing to the plane and if it is a good plan for the long term.

The problem isn't that Nahiri couldn't have handled the specific situation where she called for his help by herself, because she did, the problem was he didn't show up like he said he would and she was left to handle the whole thing alone and if it did end up being something more than she could have handled well she might have died and no one would be fucking there to keep the eldrazi in check and if they broke free who would tell Sorin and Ugin? Maybe someone like Sorin or Ugin could have helped her out or saved her say the threat was much more than she could handle.
>>
File: 1351869575448.jpg (80 KB, 351x339) Image search: [Google]
1351869575448.jpg
80 KB, 351x339
>>47886839

>And hide it there until he gets home and yell 'Suprise, mother fucker.' when he gets there.

It's okay, anon, I found your meme for you
>>
>>47886862
But she knows walkers exist, it's not like everyone in the multiverse would say 'Oh that's too bad.' and just be done with it.

Someone would help, and I'd take any strangers help if he could stop my house from burning to the ground.
>>
>>47886872
I want you to dress him up as Nahiri, then we will talk.
>>
>>47886915

It's been a thousand years, everything you know has been taken by a man you thought a mentor, at least indirectly, and all of your friends have ditched you.

Why not vengeance for someone breaking an oath to "protect" their own world to the ultimate cost of your own.
>>
>>47886968
So the first reaction you get when someone lights your house on fire is to go to their house and light theirs on fire?

Is that like an American thing or something? Up here in Canada the first thing we think of is saving our shit, and our home, then finding the shit responsible and kicking his pansy ass. Not to burn his house down with his daughter in it.
>>
>>47886999

.... The house isn't burning, it's burnt down.

And I've been in jail for a while, and Jail wasn't a good experience for me, and I was unjustly jailed.

Hell yeah I would be murderous.

The key to be not being that vicious is that I'm not jailed for a crazy amount of time.
>>
>>47886968
Because vengeance can come at any time.

She's been working on this for two years. TWO YEARS.

Even if she didn't think the Eldrazi could be stopped, why didn't she take plants and animals with her? Why not stop by whatever passes for a library and get some books to preserve her plane's history? Why not take some relics? She could ensure she has a nice little slice of Zendikar anywhere she wants, and have a museum right next door. It wouldn't be a lot, but at that point she's acting like she has nothing.
>>
>>47887043
>The house isn't burning, it's burnt down.

No, it's burning. She got there, saw one dead continent, and left.
>>
>>47887043
So there is no life on Zendikar and it is a dead husk? No! It's alive, thanks to the jacetice league, but alive none the less.

Basically, the house lost its master bedroom and kitchen. But everywhere else is fine, even the foundation and support beams.
>>
>>47887061

Probably for the same reason that planeswalkers don't bring plants and animals across planes.

Shit's hard post-Mending.
>>
>>47887079
and it was the largest continent. It's like seeing the house burning but all that's left intact is the bathroom and the basement and everything has already been devoured by the fire.
>>
>>47887108
Not really. Nissa was walking around with a big bag of randoms seeds from Zendikar trees. Her entire backup plan was taking those with her if she couldn't stop the Eldrazi.

And if it works with seeds, then there's little reason it can't work with similar things, like eggs. While that cuts out any mammals, that's still a wide variety of things she could bring with her. Even if it doesn't work on eggs, plants, books, and relics are all perfectly valid things.

It could very easily be done. And don't forget, she also didn't even know the mending happened.
>>
>>47887111
According to mtgsalvation, Bala Ged is a fucking sub continent. So it's like losing a side bedroom or the bathroom.
>>
>>47883764
Bitch needs to go to therapy sessions, with Nissa there as a fucking reality check to take the rage down a few notches. Nissa did what Nahiri should have done, saved her home first, then looked outward to the rest of the planes.
>>
>>47883872
>her actions are understandable
no part of destroying an entire plane for nothing more than revenge is understandable.
it's one thing to try to kill sorin, or avacyn or just refuse to help if the plane was in danger, but to actively bring the eldrazi there to destroy the plane is not okay
>>
>>47887111
No, it isn't. It's one continent. Of seven. Even if it is the largest, it doesn't make up 90% of the landmass.
>>
>>47887184
Woah now, Nissa is the one who caused all this shit. Let's not put those two together or we will be seeing elf goo in 5 seconds flat.

Actually on second thought, splendid idea.
>>
>>47883764
>Has sympathetic reasons for why she did bad things
>Must be the right side

It's like you only want boring Saturday morning villains
>>
>>47887061
Considering they make a point of saying Nahiri's recreation of Zendikar's forests don't actually have any trees, I don't think she cared that much about preserving a few native species.

Like for the house on fire metaphor, this would be like taking photograps of your burning possessions so you'll at least have something to remember them by.
>>
>>47887215
Nah. Nahiri would just make Nissa watch as she summons an Eldrazi to Nissa's homeplane and causes everyone to go crazy.
>>
>>47887248
But Nissa and Nahiri are from the same damn plane. She'd fuck her own plane up further? Wait, bitch is fucking borderline personality disordered, of course she would.
>>
>>47887247
Considering that the only thing that has kept her sane has been the landscape of Zendikar pictured in her mind? Yeah, I think some greenery would help.

For the house metaphor, this is more akin to getting a half-burned photo album and getting some new furniture and plants that look like your old ones.

Yeah, it's not the same, but clearly not everything is lost.

So just to be clear, she doesn't care about the people, she doesn't care about the culture, she doesn't care about the history, she doesn't care about the environment. All she cares about was that Zendikar was HERS and she's angry about it being destroyed.

Sounds like a great Black/Red villain to me.
>>
DAMMIT I HAD 20 BUCKS ON HER SUMMONING MARIT LAGE
>>
>>47887108
they can still do this just not on a super massive scale
>>
>>47887300
Nahiri's relationship with Zendikar is weird because she spent five thousand years of her life, most of her existence, underground with barely any awareness of what was happening on the plane. Then after regaining some semblance of humanity, the Helvault incident occurs and she spends another thousand years with nothing but her imagination to keep her sane.

Nahiri's connection to Zendikar is rooted purely in the geography and the plane itself because she's divorced from every other aspect of it by six millennia.
>>
>>47887363
So it only means anything to her because she called it home once.

So now the burning house metaphor extends to her coming home to her address to find a completely different house that isn't hers on fire.
>>
>>47887210
We're working off bad info at any rate. Ob Nixilis said the plane would be "irreparably broken within the year", not totally annihilated in 6 months.
Basically, Zendikar would be depleted to the point of no recovery within TWELVE months, but not necessarily instantly poofed into nothing.
>>
>>47887431 (me)
Shit, wrong reply thread. Whatever.
>>
>>47883764
>caring about the garbage lore
Stay mad nerds
>>
>>47883872
>from her perspective
>FROM MY POINT OF VIEW SORIN IS EVIL
>>
>>47887483
Fuck off Melvin, no need for your hyper optimized deck lists here.
>>
>>47885873
>Nicol Bolas hasn't done shit in the story for 7 years now.
>implying all the storylines since Alara haven't been part of his master plan
>>
>>47887522
>implying this must
STAY MAD
T
A
Y

M
A
D
>>
It's more like Nahiri is a Jew discovering the Holocaust who decides she'd rather burn down Berlin than try rescuing babies from the camps.
>>
>>47886661
>>47886201
>>47886851
3edgy5me
>>
>>47887557
You enter the Vorthos space, get confused, then call us nerds because we are trying to discuss the lore of the game. The very same lore that confuses you. Do you not have a decklist thread to post in or what?
>>
File: url.png (5 KB, 399x126) Image search: [Google]
url.png
5 KB, 399x126
>>47887641
>implying
>>
>>47883764

She's a pioneer for women everywhere, anon. Portraying her as anything else would be misogynist, just like Danaerys.
>>
>>47884591
This. Holy shit how do people not get this?
One of the cornerstones of White villains in MTG is that they need to be able to justify themselves to themselves and others. She has reasons, that doesn't make her sympathetic, but white villains aren't the "Of course I did, I'm evil!" sort.
Like, Sorin was being a dick like a lot of the thread said, and this could have been averted if Sorin wasn't a raging edgy asshole, but her revenge plot went way overboard. She has her justification.
Think about Aurelia, who went hyper military by Boros standards to put down rebellions. You aren't supposed to be on her side, you're just supposed to get why she's crazy enough to drag Emrakul to Innistrad and still be white.
>>
>>47884759
She's a bitch, and then some, for condemning all the innocents on Innistrad to death because of what *one* guy did to her.
>>
>>47885519
She gets healed by a kor who tells he that the eldrazi are free, that kor was probably Ayli.
>>
>>47883764
She was OK in Farscape, how did she end up in MtG?
>>
>>47886199
Genocide is not really the reaction of a sane individual, friend.
>>
>>47885776
Yes, it's a big deal. It's you having a favorite series of books and some asshole hijacking it to replace the setting and characters with very badly drawn tentacle porn.

I hate Nahiri like I had never hated a fictional or historic character before.
>>
>>47887043
She had a fucking conversation with survivors, man.

That's what Zendikar natives do (unless they're goblins). She ditched them, some of whom could even be her direct descendants and left them to die to KILL MORE PEOPLE WHO WERE UNRELATED
>>
>>47885873
Bolas is doing shit right now. all this bullshit is his doing explicitly. From the day he killed Ugin to the moment Liliana kills Emrakul, it was all his fucking plan and if we don't see him showing up flipping the finger to everyone involved for even daring to believe they had a single moment of free will in all this time, I will be very dissapointed.
>>
Nissa 2.0
>>
>>47885982
>>47885988
Bloodborne is not about tentacles, it's about blood and lies.
And Emrakul is a punk bitch compared to Koz, Koz was a God, Emrakul is a discount Galactus without the omnious flair or the cool ass herald.
>>
>>47888453
THANK YOU.
I've been restraining myself from saying something, but every damn time that pic shows up on the catalog, all I can see is Chiana.
>>
>>47883764
>Wizards wants us to take HER side?
Do they?
They should have written the story in a way that doesn't make her look even more petty, stupid and dickish than the vampire then
>>
>>47886332
>>47886661
And what then is the reason Liliana, Gideon, Chandra and Nissa shouldn't murder her to prevent her doing the same to their planes?
Nahiri needs to die. She is the only walkers who thinks genocide is fair pay, she is a monster worse than Emrakul, Griselbrand and Ob Nixilis.
>>
>>47888569
>Koz
Stop that. Cut that shit out right now.
>Kos
>Kosm
Are the only acceptable versions.
>>
She's accomplished some things, shes called Sorin to Innistrad, and she's called Emrakul to innistrad. I wonder if she has some kind of plan for Emrakul, or if she intends to let it run rampent.
>>
>>47883764
By bringing the Eldrazi to Innistrad, Nahri is committing a genocide worse than any Earth has ever seen. You could splice together Stalin, Hitler, Mao, and Genghis Khan and it still wouldn't be as bad.

Her justifications are bullshit. She has no consideration for others any more, or anything other than "Muh revenge". She should be Red Black.
>>
File: smug smurf.jpg (23 KB, 461x385) Image search: [Google]
smug smurf.jpg
23 KB, 461x385
>>47886534
genius
>>
File: 1405825946924.gif (2 MB, 615x413) Image search: [Google]
1405825946924.gif
2 MB, 615x413
>>47886534
Good lord, I am dying.

Please, some talented anon has to actually sing this.
>>
>>47886519
He did tell her why he didn't show up, though.

And when he tried to tell her why he couldn't go to Zendikar at that exact moment, she didn't even let him finish what he was saying.

Nahiri definitely did not handle the situation calmly. She went out of her way to antagonize someone she really should not have been messing with. Mostly because she wanted senpai to notice her, basically. He had already told her why he hadn't turned up, which had been a simple mistake, and he'd already said he could go to Zendikar later.
>>
>>47887951

Aurelia is the guild leader that Ravnica needs AND deserves!
>>
>>47888873
She acknowledged why he didn't arrive, but took issue with why he wasn't going to come with her and check now if nothing else.
Even though he was weak from the creation of the Helvault and Avacyn, she wanted him to come check the safeguards.
His refusal set him off basically because she's spent the last 3000 years on jail duty, and is offended to her core that Sorin won't take 20 minutes off his hedonism parade to just look at some magic glyphs.
>>
>>47888592
Happy to be of service Anon.
>>
Soo, if I convince you to prison intercosmic annihilators in your plane,
then not help you when they try to escape AS I promised,
THEN I'm fortifying my plane from those said horrors, you come and say "where the fuck have you been?" I respond "It seems that you could take care of it, no biggie I'm working on plan B for my plane"
THEEN when you fight to get me to help your plane I imprison you for a THOUSAND years, ensuring you won't be there next time the horros wake up craving a little bit of Zendikar - which actually happened by the way-

ALL this is not considered genoside how?
You all look like 2edgy4u teens defending Sorin because male vampire, when the tread could have ended with:
OK wizards is trying to portray the two major characters as having viable motives for ushering this tragedy on each others planes, but INSTEAD fail at it and make autistic children with godpowers so there is no need to take sides.
FUCK WotC.
>>
>>47888759
Ironically red+black are above grudges, they interfere with enjoying hedonism.
But w+r would see the rampant injustice and hate themselves, Aurelia would not war against the defenseless and she's pretty much the embodiment of war for war's sake.

This sort of vengeful egotism doesn't really go in the color pie. Barrin's obliteration was a moment of extreme grief in a UR character but was not a sustained massacre. Bolas would enjoy killing every Umezawa ever but that's petty even for him. Akroma was Ixidor's vengeful dreams given flesh but she cared for the convalescent and allowed her enemies to surrender. Yawgmoth's vengeance was meticulous and ultimatedly driven by a mad desire for self-optimization that had notthing to do with the Thran. And Urza's war on Phyrexia, while dragging a bag of corpses half the multiverse long, was the means to an end: preventing Yawgmoth from succeeding and killing even more people.
Nahiri is the only asshole who's thought killing an habitated plane to make another planeswalker feel bad is just.

Nahiri is pretty much the worst MtG person ever, and I thought Urza had put the bar way too high.
>>
>>47883764
Well, in my book throwing someone into an empty void alone for 5000 fucking years is more than enough to kill him and everything he loves in the most gruesome and bloody way possible.
>>
I hate how it was supposed (imho) to be a sad story about good people whose conflict lead to catastrophic results. We were supposed to be in shock and sadness over those events and root for a good ending. But it turned out people are just angry. I dont know if its because bad writing or too much eldrazi at once or all that and more.
>>
>>47888978
Black is not above grudges if it's for the sake of avenging oneself.
Not avenging others though.
>>
>>47888912
I doubt it would take twenty minutes.

That said, he was currently working, not snorting coke off Olivia's titties or whatever. She didn't even let him explain why he couldn't leave at that moment.
>>
>>47888912
If your bitch neighbor comes whining for you to tag along and check why her dog is barking, and then hits you with a bat when you tell her you'll go later because you just had a fucking kid and can't wander off. It's entirely within your right to shove that cunt in the closet and lose the key.

Sorin did notthing wrong, if Ugin wanted a subservient and dependable watchdog that would look out for the chalky cunt's feelings he shouldn't have asked the vampire hedonist to be that person.
>>
>>47889016
>you tell her you'll go later because you just had a fucking kid and can't wander off
Except he didn't tell her anything beyond 'lol idc gtfo now'.
>>
>>47888954
You know they will take sides and you know it won't be the side that will offend SJWs.

They already said they're looking at Marvel for ideas, and Marvel's marketing strategy is presenting their anus to SJW social media "celebrities" and "journalists" while fucking over the fans, "the grognards are addicted to comics anyway" and "comics trend better when fans are angry"
>>
File: teleports behind you.gif (1007 KB, 273x429) Image search: [Google]
teleports behind you.gif
1007 KB, 273x429
>>47888520

Autism, the post.
>>
>>47889037
She literally cut him off as he was about to explain that.
>>
>>47888999
Black isn't above grudges but black+red pretty much will give up on it as soon as it stops being an enjoyable waste of time.
Mogis would still be fighting Iroas otherwise.
>>
>>47889065
I'm not sure about that.

Red can be about obsession, after all.
>>
>>47889057
>gtfo I'm busy
>b... but
>why are you still here I told you to go
Yeah, I'm 100% sure he was.
>>
>>47888987
Then you desserve others to kill you, because you're a rabid animal with too much power and no sense of responsability in the way you use it.

That is the point in the end. It's not that Nahiri is right or wrong, it doesn't matter because she's mad and if Gideon, Liliana or Chandra don't recognize her as a threat to the multiverse and put an end to her life, WotC will be pretty much endorsing genocide.
>>
>>47889076
Waifufags are the worst.
Go put a bullet in your brain for your m'lady's sake.
>>
>>47889076
>"This isn't a good time, right now I'm working on"-
>"FUCK YOUR WORK, we're going now!"

...Is actually more accurate.
>>
>>47889179
>>47889183
I'm gay, consider actually reading the flavor article next time before you start your meninist shitposting.
>>
>>47889172
>Then you desserve others to kill you, because you're a rabid animal with too much power and no sense of responsability in the way you use it.
Really? So you guess that inflicting And I Must Scream situation on someone and getting no revenge in return is A-okay?
>>
>>47889047
I hate Konami for turning Castlevania into a pachinko IP.
I hate Nahiri for turning Innistrad into shit tentacle world.

You can have feelings for abstract concepts, you can also have feelings for settings, characters, hell normal people have feelings towards colors, and recognizing the emotional cues that cause those feelings is entirely off the spectrum.

Not getting the point however...
>>
>>47889190
You're the one who doesn't want to accept the cunt didn't even let the asshole explain he was busy taking a shit before shoving rocks up his sphincter.
>>
>>47889198
As soon as you hurt a single person that didn't have a hand in your suffering you stop having a right to vengeance and win yourself a permanent trip to villaintown.
>>
>>47883764
Mfw when I first complained about nahiri being depicted as an antihero people told me it never happened, never will and it was a sexist assumption.
Fuck you Wizard.
>>47883872
The point of view of a madman is all but acceptable by anygone with a bit of sense left.
I mean, rather than trying to save her plane, she leaves the eldrazi to destroy it and calls one of them to do her dirty job on Inninstrad as well. This makes so little sense I feel stupider just thinking about it.
>>
>>47889227
Nowhere in the dialogue they had is there any indication he was about to explain anything to her. You clearly haven't read it.
>>
>>47889239
>As soon as you hurt a single person that didn't have a hand in your suffering you stop having a right to vengeance and win yourself a permanent trip to villaintown.
Nah, you don't. Everything he loves is a valid target. Inflicting that much suffering can't be repaid without involving others into it.
>>
>>47886534
Now do it on The Inquisition theme from History of the World Part 1, oh talented anon!
>>
>>47889268
Hello Hitler. Can you please go back to /pol/?
>>
>>47889294
Sorry that it offends you, but it is impossible to get your revenge without innocents suffering, for example, his family. Revenge isn't good at it's own. But after 5000 years of suffering, I am more than sure that such thing stop bothering you.
>>
>>47886238
>Is this one of those times mtg lore general states a bunch of stuff they assume to be true as fact without adding any such clauses to the post?
/tg/ is bad at Magic, even the lore. This entire thread is based on that. Every post.
>>
>>47884591
Holy sweet fucking Jesus what is going on there? Did Emrakul become an Angel? What the shit? That literally looks like the final boss from Castlevania Aria of Sorrow.
>>
>>47889268
I can already tell your high-school crush went to prom with the "bad boy".
>>
>>47889361
It's mutated gisela and bruna.
>>
>>47889377
Awesome. Are they Eldrazi now? I need to catch up on this actual lore instead of listening to /tg/ piece it together like dumb shit-flinging monkeys.
>>
>>47889346
And that's why someone who actually cares about justice, like Gideon. Self-preservation, like Liliana. Or feedom, like Chandra, must kill chalky cunt before she has a shit fit because morning songbirds didn't let her sleep in late and therefore decides killing all birds in the multiverse is just.

You can take your fucking revenge, but there have to be consequences for it. Eye for an eye leaves everyone blind specially when you take ten eyes for your one.
>>
>>47889257
Except for that bit where he's about to explain that he's in a critical stage of integrating Avacyn into Innistrad and she cuts him off.
>>
>>47889393
They were corrupted by Emrakul, that's pretty much all that's known so far.
>>47889397
[citation needed]
>>
>>47889257
>"I never threatened you," he said, looking up at her. "Not once. If we are to be enemies, child, the blame falls solely at your own feet."
>"Not now," said Sorin, with infuriating calm. "Later, perhaps. This is a critical time—"
>"Go home, Nahiri," he said wearily. "End this farce, and I will allow you—"

>She dug her hands into the soil, extending her will not out, but down, and dove into the earth itself.
>"Enough!" he panted. "Enough."
The nigga tried and stopped tyring when she tried to off the daughterfu. You baiting helps keep the thread a live but there is probably a more productive means of going about it.
>>
>>47889408
Read it. He starts explaining that he's in a critical stage of something and Nahiri cuts him off.
>>
>>47889396
>before she has a shit fit because morning songbirds didn't let her sleep in late and therefore decides killing all birds in the multiverse is just
You are a fucking idiot, aren't you? You'd be reduced to screaming wreck after 1 year in total darkness, and you call her wrath after 5000 FUCKING YEARS a "shit fit". Holy shit.
>>
>>47889420
>>47889421
>"Don't presume to own my actions, young one. I am obligated to nothing. I owe you nothing! When your Planeswalker spark first ignited, it was I who discovered you. I could have ended you there, but I spared you."

>He turned back to her, orange eyes full of malice, face inches from hers.

>"I took you under my wing, and molded you into what you are," he said. "If you find it necessary to pester someone, go find Ugin. I have no patience for it."

As you can see he had a chance to explain that his power was depleted after making avacyn and the helvaut and instead he decided to tell her that he owes her nothing and to get the fuck out.

Reading comprehension, you should work on it.
>>
>>47889420
>and stopped tyring when she tried to off the daughterfu
See, that's a huge failing right there. He had just disarmed her, had his blade at her throat, and Avacyn was still at full form directly beside him. That would have been the perfect time to explain himself.
Instead he used that time to jam her into the one-way infinite darkness neverending timeout.
>>
>>47889435
So she doesn't differentiate right from wrong anymore. Kill her before she continues hurting the innocent.

You're waifu a shit
>>
>>47889449
Waifufags are the worst.
>>
>>47888569
You're a fucking chode if you don't understand that Bloodborne fundamentally doesn't function without the Old Ones. They are the genesis of the Old Blood. They are the very reason that Hunters exist. Bloodborne's entire setting is the metaphorical manifestation of the real-world transition in horror fiction from the gothic to cosmic styles. Blood is a huge part of it, but saying it is solely about 'blood and lies' is akin to saying Dune is about 'space and deserts'.
>>
>>47889456
Maybe because he gave it a shot and decided that diplomacy has failed. Better to seal her as a threat to the plane than risk her just cocoon herself into the ground again.
>>
>>47889478
Again, gayfag here, your meninist tears are delicious.
>>
>>47889490
Sword at her throat. If she was going to make a move he could attack her right there. Physical damage to an oldwalker distracts them and disrupts their spells.
>>
>>47889435
It is understandable that she wants to destroy Sorin, and indeed everything around him: it's because she went mad from what she went through. Her isolation (including the self-imposed bits, not just the helvault) has stripped her of everything good about White: caring for others. The only White part left is her use of others to achieve her brutal, evil, ends.

So like a mad dog, she must be put down for the good of everyone. Sad, but there it is.
>>
>>47889489
It IS about blood and lies.
Nobody mentioned it being human blood.
>>
>>47889504
>She dug her hands into the soil, extending her will not out, but down, and dove into the earth itself.
Why would that stop her when she can bury herself even while trapped by magic moonlight?
>>
>>47889540
Because magic moonlight isn't a fucking sword in the throat. It only stopped her cardinal movements.
>>
>>47889493
You're not a fag, if you were you'd know women hate you even more than straight men because not wanting to fuck them is opressive misoginy.
Gays and aces are no longer welcome in the post-social media LBT+ community.

You're a baiting shitposter, that's what you are.
>>
>>47889557
What's a throat slitting to an old walker? He had a chance to eplain while under the moonlight that stopped her from fucking around too hard but she still pressed the attack on the off chance that she made an enemy of someone she attacked who didn't even want to fight to begin with.

He probably shoved her in the Helvault specifically because he couldn't bring himself to kill her.
>>
File: 1440741131890.jpg (492 KB, 953x1200) Image search: [Google]
1440741131890.jpg
492 KB, 953x1200
Important question, why on the holy earth did Nahiri guarded the Eldrazi LOCKED UP IN A ROCK?

I mean, she was an oldswalker. She could walk around, have a life, maybe train and teach her people and strengthen the defenses. Instead, she locked herself up for fucking thousands of years and then has the audacity to blame Sorin for it, because he was having an actual (un)life and was preparing the defenses of his plane.

She is pants-on-head retarded and there are people on this very board DEFENDING HER.
Fucking white knights.

pic unrelated
>>
>>47889606
>What's a throat slitting to an old walker?
A few minutes out of the fight where you gotta shut up and listen.
See: Urza
>>
>>47889592
Ok, whatever you say /pol/baby. Not even going to say anything else, the knowledge of just how triggered you will get in the future by playing mtg and seeing all the upcoming gays, female empowerment, and non-binary characters is enough for me :^)
>>
File: cult.jpg (21 KB, 102x233) Image search: [Google]
cult.jpg
21 KB, 102x233
>>47889647
How many genders are there, anon?
>>
>>47889627
This guy gets it. She should have done a Serra at the very least, been a royal figurehead for planar order. But she had no real understanding of how to build a society that lasts, despite having literally eternity to practice in.
>>
>>47889722

Two. Anything else is either a delusion or a genetic anomaly that shouldn't be recognized as something normal and classified as a 'gender'.
>>
>>47889627
>I mean, she was an oldswalker. She could walk around, have a life, maybe train and teach her people and strengthen the defenses
She did that for like 1000 years before she got too tired of making friends with mortals who die after 100. Her emotions couldn't deal with constant loss and so she had to choose between either bonding with mortals or hanging around with insects she cannot afford to form emotional bonds with.

READ THE FUCKING STORIES
>>
>>47884072
>Oldwalkers
>being mature and not petty at all

You have no idea how MtG lore functions.
>>
>>47889784
"MUH EMOTIONS" are making this Sorins fault how?
>>
>>47889784
>she got too tired of making friends with mortals who die after 100
Then do what all other oldwalkers did, and make friends with Immortals. Serra and her angels are the best example of a walker coming to terms with immortality, and doing good with it. Pity about her depression near the end, but entropy gets us all in the eventually.
>>
>>47889829
It's not Sorin's fault she took to her cocoon of stone, and nobody ever said it was.

>>47889833
There aren't immortals on Zendikar except the native angels and demons. And she couldn't leave Zendikar as that would be abandoning her watch on the Eldrazi prison.
>>
>>47889727
Thanks anon.
>>
>>47889833
Serra made her own plane and angels. Nahiri didn't make Zendikar.
>>
>>47885749
Actually, I think Sorin mentioned that it had taken him a while to find Tarkir, and that the place felt like a backwater even among backwaters, it's way off the grid and hard for him to find. And he has thousands of years of experience with planeswalking.

It's understandable that Nahiri wouldn't have been able to find it, especially since the way she knew ("cast about for what feels like a person") wouldn't work f Ugin was dead/comatose.
>>
>>47889844
There was Nixilus who didn't even get a word in before she noscoped him and snuffed his spark. I'd imagine Nahiri was even less tolerant of walkers than Sorin was.
>>
>>47889014
Man, snorting coke off of Olivia's titties so that she can then drink your intoxicated blood...That'd be the life.
>>
>>47889857
Sure, she didn't make Zendikar. but you know what she also didn't make? Her own private demi-plane co-terminus with Zendikar, that she could use to watch from. But she could have, if only she'd experimented with her power for more than thirty seconds.

>>47889844
>There aren't immortals on Zendikar except the native angels
...so why didn't she make friends with them? They care about preserving life and fighting evil, and they live as long as she does. Linvala seems pretty nice to hang out with, and they can have fun killing demons together.

Basically Nahiri was an idiot, who thought she could/should do everything herself. Sorin was her tutor, so he bares some responsibility for her being like that. But over all, she is a mistake that needs to be put down.

Tamiyo only good walker.
>>
>>47883789
Shouldn't it be uncoloured?
>>
>>47889933
>...so why didn't she make friends with them?
What good would it have done? How would that help her in any way?
There's nothing wrong with her passing the eons in her stone cradle.
>>
>>47889627
>>47889933
Wait, I missed this part of the post.

>and then has the audacity to blame Sorin for it
She blames Sorin for jamming her in the Helvault from which there is no escape and only eternal darkness, not her private stone fortress. She liked her private stone fortress.
>>
>>47889956
Other than the serious hit to her sanity? Ensuring Zendikar angels wouldn't just be blinded by Emmy?

STONEFORGING ANGELS?
>>
>>47889975
She also blamed him for the time she spent prisoner on a quest he decided to abandon. thats the whole point of how she gets to the vault first place. Read the fucking story.
>>
>>47889956
>What good would it have done? How would that help her in any way?
By teaching a group that is dedicated to protection about the true nature of the Eldrazi, and how the Hedrons function, she could have created a society devoted to guarding Zendikar. Which would come in useful if something happened to her, like say... being-in-the-way-of-a-millenia-old-vampire.

If you have a thousand years to invest in defences and don't, then you don't get to complain when after you disappear things go to pot. She made herself (and Sorin, and Ugin) a single-point-of-failure for the planar defences. They're mistake was presuming they would still be around in a few thousand years, and not detained. Of course, Ugin was put out of the picture intentionally by Bolas, which just shows another flaw in the plan: lack of preparation for enemy action.

>There's nothing wrong with her passing the eons in her stone cradle.
There is everything wrong with it, starting with the wasted opportunity of LIVING FOREVER. She had literally all the time in the world, and she decided to spend it in a coffin. And because of that, she lost her connection to "humanity" (koranity?) and has started believing killing literally millions of people to get revenge on one asshole is a proportionate response.

She should have just organised regular tea-time with other immortals. I bet Linvala makes a mean cuppa.
>>
>>47889734
>>>/r9k/
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.