[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Suddenly: Eldrazi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 265x370
Wew lads.
Eldrazi thread.
>>
>>47880161
Not blue
>>
Where can I see these cards at ?
>>
>>47880253
https://twitter.com/KimberlyKreines/status/745018813620445184

For that one
>>
They didn't show all of the cards yet ?
>>
>>47880241
But there's water on the art so it has to be blue
>>
>>47880161
Could this card possibly be any more literal, heavy handed, and lacking in mystery or any other engaging elements?

It's only Blind Eternities because that's literally what they are called, too.
>>
>At Nahiri's call
>Blue card

????????
Wizdrones?
>>
Where can I see a list of all cards ?
>>
>>47880161
they will have to ban eye of ugin on legacy
>>
>>47880161
WHAT A SHOCKING END TO THE MYSTERY!!!

IT TURNS OUT NAHIRI, CRAZY CUNT WAS IN CAHOOTS WITH THE ELDRAZI ALL ALONGSIDE!!!

THE VERY SAME!!!
>>
>>47880161
Could they not even make it White? This sort of card has been Green/White in the past. White cares a lot more about creatures than Blue. Nahiri is White so it fits.
>>
>>47880452
I feel like the only reason there was a mystery at all was because some people thought there was no way Wizards was dumb enough to treat the Eldrazi reveal like a big secret.
>>
>>47880452
no way
>>
>>47880241
Everything is blue and blue does everything.

Deal with it nerd.
>>
>>47880241
What are you talking about?
Supar tutors are a blue thing.
>>
>>47880241
It wasn't in any color, to be honest. Kind of like the Planeswalker tutor.

I disagree with it as well though.
>>
>>47880161
So how does this work in draft?

Can I just bring my Standard or Modern Eldrazi deck to the draft and pick one of those?
>>
>>47883417
Nope. You'd have to draft it and not run it in your deck in order to tutor for it.
>>
>>47883417
In any non-kitchen table format, its from your sideboard
>>
>>47883468
>>47883480
Ah, so regular FNM drafts do count as "full-fledged" sanctioned events.

So it's basically the "whatever the one hosting the event allows" ruling for any private drafts and the likes.
>>
>>47883506
Basically. Most people probably will make this card useless in draft.

I am still upset that EDH doesn't allow wishes to grab from the whole collection, despite being an incredibly casual format.

I am also sad that when we were casually drafting conspiracy, my friends didn't want to add a random janky booster when drafting Lore Seeker.
>>
>>47880450
I don't think so. The good Eldrazi deck in Legacy and Vintage doesn't want to play a 2U tutor. What are you even tutoring for? Reality Smasher? TKSeer? No, that's not something you do with a tutor.

I can see this being playable in Vintage OmniOath as a replacement to Burning Wish, allowing you to run no Volcanics while having something else to pitch to Force.

Even then, considering you can't Coax for the sideboard silver-bullets that you can with Burning Wish, it's probably not worth it. If it was U or just flat 2, it would be way waaaay the fuck better.
>>
>>47883539
If I were you I'd just suggest your EDH group to homerule wishes to allow the entire collection.

Though considering they didn't want to do something fun in Conspiracy either, I doubt they'd allow it.

I'm just hoping that my friends will agree on allowing the entire collection for casual drafts when using Coax.
>>
>>47880241
Should have been White. it fit's the identity of the walker casting it, deals with exile, and is the color of weird tutors. Blue does nothing close to this.

This is only in blue so control decks can dedicate 1/5 of their board to an array of eldrazi answers.
>>
Uggggh.

As someone who buys an irresponsible amount of sealed product and has a fervent love of Innistard, I'm done buying into new sets.

I mean, this is just pandering to modern cockgobblers with the flimsy excuse of "It's part of the story!" No, the story sucks, wizards sucks, fuck off.

Wake me when the phyrexians are done skullraping Jace.
>>
>>47883795
Just buy a single box like I do. If the set is good, buy two.
>>
>>47883795
It's not pandering to modern players though. Most modern players are sick to death of Eldrazi after Eldrazi winter.
>>
>>47880385
It's not just you. They've really gone cardboard on the flavor lately. It's driving me nuts.
>>
>>47883864
This set was planned out way before EW happened though. Wiz looked at a bunch of consecutive retarded ezlrazi-themed sets and thought "yeah, that looks good. the players will love this." After EW, it's not like they could pull the plug on Spooky Moon.

So they're just riding out the fan backlash and continuing to stay juuuuust below the bar with their new shit,
>>
>there were faggots literally dumb enough to think Emrakul was not going to show up in this set
hahahahahaha
>>
File: pb is not amused.png (143 KB, 810x810) Image search: [Google]
pb is not amused.png
143 KB, 810x810
>>47880161
>taking your own cards from out of exile and putting them directly back into your hand

This crosses a line.
>>
>>47880385
Not only that, I really don't think Emrakul is scary like a lot of people are saying, or rather I don't think it's a type of fear that fits with Innistrad's gothic horror feel.
Shadows was the prefect Innistrad set, second only to the namesake set itself. Everything is going horribly, mind-warpingly wrong for an unknown reason, and it was great. The fact that old Uncle Istvan from down the road now has too many mouths and a tentacle where his peg leg used to be is just as scary as a Grave Crawler dragging itself inch-by-inch across the floor at you; even more so because of the inherent mystery behind it.

Now that we know it's Emrakul, it's not scary. There's no mystery to a giant spaghetti smashing up your town. It may be frightening because you could die, but it isn't horrifying. Worse, Emrakul has been reduced to an easily solvable problem. Just kill her or toss her into the moon and boom, no more problem. Uncle Istvan was just warped by an alien influence, but it's gone now. We have good old Innistrad back, except it's in tatters because the power structure is all askew and there will be swaths of Wastes everywhere for eternity.

This marks a jarring tonal shift in one of the most flavorful planes we've seen. It's dumb, unsubtle, and displays a total lack of self-awareness on Wizard's part. They'd have been better off leaving the mystery unresolved.
>>
File: It ain't gonna suck itself.png (787 KB, 1000x710) Image search: [Google]
It ain't gonna suck itself.png
787 KB, 1000x710
>>47884130
It's Eldrazi, ain't gonna explain shit
>>
>>47883907
The simpler story is likely an attempt at going more mainstream. As much as most diehard fans hate most of the post Gatecrash sets, Hasbro stock has tripled since 2013.
>>
>>47884151
It's not eldrazi, it's magic that summons the eldrazi. The person using the magic is, at most, driven mad by the eldrazi. But it's blue mana being used by a planeswalker to cast a spell and it does something that is not okay.
>>
>>47884139
This
So much this
>>
>>47884186
>But it's blue mana being used by a planeswalker to cast a spell and it does something that is not okay.
Agree with you there, but what other option would we have for it? Higher CMC, on a card that only gets something back to your hand?
>>
>>47884139
>It's dumb, unsubtle, and displays a total lack of self-awareness on Wizard's part.

Is SOI Kamigawa 3.0?
>>
>>47884186
Another explanation could be that she's using the plane's own mana for the summoning instead of her own since the cryptoliths are supposed to channel leylines.
>>
>>47884139

>now that we know
>implying there was ever any doubt it wasn't emrakul
>>
>>47884113
Two revisits back to back with the same threat seems repetitive. It feels as though Wizards lacked a bit of inspiration
>>
>>47880409
Jeskai nahiri is canon m8
>>
File: saf.png (211 KB, 450x693) Image search: [Google]
saf.png
211 KB, 450x693
>cleric -forgot- he knows revivify
>cleric didn't prepare revivify
>>
>>47884130
Exile effects are too powerful.
>>
>>47884298
shit, ignore that post, wrong thread
>>
>>47884275
Gave Wizards more than the smallest amount of credit with writing, won't happen again.
>>
>>47884275
Part of it's because of the hot new three block shit they have going

BFZ was supposedly in development during the time this was being considered, and when they approved of the new system they had to butcher an entire set from BFZ's block to fit in with it. I'd imagine their initial plan was to print Coax and New'mrakul in a third set where all would inevitably be vanquished as once by simply siphoning more mana lmao but once they were told that had to change they then made the decision to simply include Emrakul in the next set, so that when she popped up again she wouldn't be some sore thumb sticking out of nowhere in a set where no relevance or possible mechanical linkage could exist.

But that's just like, my opinion.
>>
File: image.jpg (491 KB, 750x638) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
491 KB, 750x638
So have we got any info on this other than it being Brunsela, be it colors or anything?
>>
>>47884515
Probably a UR legendary angel horror/eldrazi that does some stuff for the eldrazi/horror tribe.
>>
File: exile returners.png (443 KB, 669x310) Image search: [Google]
exile returners.png
443 KB, 669x310
>>47884221
Tutoring from outside the game would be fine. Casting directly from outside the game would be fine. Tutoring from you deck or putting it into play from your hand would be fine, if lackluster. But pulling it out of the exile zone is supposed to be one of the things they never ever ever do. It's one step below putting opponent's cards into your hand or library, or searching your library without having to shuffle afterward.

Runic Repetition was also not okay, but functionally it let you cast flashback spells more times, which is the whole point of flashback anyway, so who cared? Pull from eternity was made to kill suspended cards and it stuck them in the graveyard, so you don't get back access to them. Riftsweeper shuffles the card into your library, so again you don't get back access to them.

We need the absolutely-removed-from-the-freaking-game-forever zone in black border magic.
>>
>>47884130
I'll take wish spells for 500 alex
>>
File: 20081015.gif (25 KB, 600x263) Image search: [Google]
20081015.gif
25 KB, 600x263
By the way guys, I dunno if I am Slowking or not but...

>Eldritch Moon spoilers start today
>Moon
>Today is a full moon
>Today is also the solstice
>Making it extra supernaturally-summoningish
>SoI had a card all up in 13 shit
>New Emra-cool is 13/13 for 13CMC
>The smug fucks at Wizards did this very intentionally.
>>
File: wish.jpg (30 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
wish.jpg
30 KB, 223x310
>>47884130
>>
>>47884515
that looks like nahiri and sorin merged somehow.
>>
>>47884625
Used to be unique, though:1 for each color and colorless. Now it's becoming almost as common as everything else.
>>
>>47884625
Wish spells couldn't touch the "removed from game zone" which despite its misleading name was a zone within the game and not outside the game. The confusion involving the name is the main reason it was renamed to the Exile Zone in the 2010 rules change.
>>
>>
>>47884734
Oh interesting.

I remember those used to be awesome though. Slot them in your deck, and your sideboard becomes silver bullets.
>>
File: 1465927449492.jpg (29 KB, 433x436) Image search: [Google]
1465927449492.jpg
29 KB, 433x436
>>47884549
>But pulling it out of the exile zone is supposed to be one of the things they never ever ever do.
You do realize most cards used to use "removed from the game" instead of exile, right?

This was back when exiling a card was known as taking it out of the game entirely, in an era when exile wasn't a zone nor an interacted mechanic. Things changed, words got changed, and there weren't really any cards printed past M10 that used "outside the game" in the way Coax did.

Now that exiling is a zone and a card is being printed that interacts with cards outside the game, they have to slap on that "and in exile" clause purely so they don't confuse new players (despite how "outside the game" is already going to be pretty confusing on it's own, thanks to it's essential non-existence in anything printed in the last few years).
>>
>>47884670

:()
>>
>>47884786
No, "from outside the game" is your sideboard
"Or in exile" is an additional place from where one may coax eldrazi
>>
As far as I know, "exile" and "outside of the game" count as the same thing unless a card specifies. You can't activate Processors by bringing in things from an opponent's sideboard because they say:"from exile" but you can wish in cards that have been exiled.
>>
>>47884786
When you removed a card from the game, you didn't remove it from the game. You moved it into a different zone inside the game called the "removed-from-game" zone. I think I have my terminology right. It's hard to find pre M2010 versions of the rules to check. Example - AWOL, printed way back in 2004, specifically refers to the removed-from-the-game zone and is a parody of the fact that cards that are removed from the game can still be affected by some things, hence the creation of silver border's ARFFGF Zone.

Hey does anyone know where one can find old versions of the comprehensive rules? The best I can find are old forum posts citing them, but the rules they cite are now different.
>>
>>47884670
I CAN'T UNSEE IT
>>
>>47884515
>>47884670
>>47885063
It gets worse when you notice the left head has fangs in its facial orifice
>>
>>47884515

I bet Geralf is having the weirdest boner over this.
>>
You don't get to bitch about magic's exile zone not being sacred until there's multiple decks and archetypes that play around with it like how they do in ygo.
>>
>>47884786

That would be a great argument IF the phrase "or in exile" didn't greatly affect gameplay

But the main Standard answers for Eldrazi are to exile them through Transgress the Mind and Infinite Obliteration. Now, those are not answers. For all Wizards does, they spend a lot of time trying to not break Standard, and they wouldn't just tack on "or in exile" to this card just for new players, because it completely alters the format.
>>
I'm extremely intrigued by the eldrazification of Innistrad. More so than the story. Will they all be flippers a la Werewolves? Will they have devoid? Will they keep the eldrazi subtype?
>>
File: 1244619903308.jpg (28 KB, 219x219) Image search: [Google]
1244619903308.jpg
28 KB, 219x219
>Ulrich
Wow, thanks Wizards.
>>
>>47884298
Tell that to the phyrexiafags or marit lage autists
>>
>>47884248
I wanted it to be Phyrexia so much
>>
>>47885590
Should have been Bolas.
>>
>>47885838
>Should have been the Stormkirk god
Ftfy
>>
File: unexcited.gif (1 MB, 478x360) Image search: [Google]
unexcited.gif
1 MB, 478x360
I knew it was going to be Eldrazi, and they still managed to disappoint me.

Shame they let eldrazishit kill another plane.
>>
>>47884625
>>47884644
>>47884734
When the Wish cycle was first printed, they could in fact get cards that were exiled (or cards from your sideboard). When they renamed the exile zone they didn't issue errata to the Wishes, changing their functionality, and today you can't get exiled cards with them.

Note that back in the day, cards that were "removed from the game" (exiled) in a subgame from Shahrazad were not shuffled back into the original game's library after the subgame ended.
>>
>>47885245
Well there's Food Chain + Misthollow Griffin. And the entire imprint and suspend mechanics.
>>
>>47885413
It's like they got halfway through reprinting Huntmaster of the Fells, up to commissioning new art, and then stopped to ask "But wait, aren't Werewolves supposed to be shit?"

He's even got the 2/2 Wolf buddy in the background of his human side art.
>>
>>47884515
They would never let go, never. They had seen the light, felt the power. The truth had embraced them. It had made them.

Bruna was gone.

Gisela was finished.

Instead, they had become. Her. One. One'mrakul.

Emrakul's angel parted four wings, reached out with two arms, and cried with a single voice that sprang from two mouths, "We are Emrakul!"
>>
>>47885158
Actually that's just flesh dripping off of the bottom jaw, if you take a closer look.
>>
>>47886803
>One'mrakul

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WIZARDS

ITS BAD ENOUGH I PLAY A CHILDREN'S CARD GAME WITHOUT YOU MAKING ME FEEL EVEN MORE AUTISTIC
>>
>Rest of the goatwatch shows up at the end of the story
I swear to Jesus if we get another Gideon, Chandra, or Nissa I'm going to flip shit.
>>
File: fusion.png (595 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
fusion.png
595 KB, 854x480
>>47886803
im sad
>>
>>47887204

Honestly I was cool with more eldrazi, its just the fucking Jacetice league I'm sick of. I miss the oldwalkers.
>>
>>47887228
I don't. Most of their personalities were awful too
>>
>>47886985
Well me'mrakuld my friend
>>
Can't i counter the New emrakul with just a counterspell? The protection against instants only is in effect, when's emrakul enters the battlefield.
>>
>>47885244
Well I certainly do
>>
>>47887260

Yeah, but at least they weren't campy/edgy superhero stand ins.
>>
>>47886985
He forgot the other bits.

>They were in Her image, the image of the everlasting truth, and their voice was Hers. "We are Emrakul!"

>Their call drew others. "We are'mrakul!" Voices rose up from the world below, melding into one sound, one truth. "One'mrakul, be'mrakul, we'mrakul!"

>It was glorious. It was everything. It was Her.

>Emrakul's angel led all below in following Her radiant form. What once was dark was now bathed in Her light, true light that was spreading farther and farther, a blossoming sunrise that would soon touch every corner of the world. "All are Emrakul! We are Emrakul!"
>>
>>47887260
Lord Windgrace was cool.
>>
>>47886985
>Memerakul
>>
File: FB_IMG_1466492137712.jpg (52 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1466492137712.jpg
52 KB, 540x960
>>47887498
>Memerakul
>>
>>47887465
Meh
>>
File: MtG_EMN_More_Colorless.png (200 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
MtG_EMN_More_Colorless.png
200 KB, 265x370
Newsflash.

Colorless non-artifact non-land cards come first in a set. For example, Bane of Bala Ged was 001 for Battle For Zendikar and Deceiver of Form was 001 for Oath of the Gatewatch.

Emrakul, the Promised End, is 006 for Eldritch Moon. This means there at least 5 other non-artifact non-land colorless cards. And consider that E is the fifth letter of the alphabet, except a hell of a lot more - probably as many as thirty in the worst case scenario.

>tl;dr
It's not just Emrakul. Get ready for more Eldrazi.
>>
File: dissapointed football man.jpg (23 KB, 296x442) Image search: [Google]
dissapointed football man.jpg
23 KB, 296x442
You know, if it wasn't for the fact that they are unbelievably unfun to play against, I'd be 100% on board with an eldritch horror as the BBEG of magic.

However, these fuckers as a tribe are absurdly powerful and undercosted for what they are, and as a player who was playing back in the Mirrodin/Kamigawa/Ravnica days, magic has become a steaming pile of garbage.

I returned to the game to play with my little brother, and wasted $100 on draft tourneys recently just to bond with the guy. I was just about to get back into the game with Shadows being a solid set.

But fuck this shit, wizards. Fuck you, I'm out and going back to Infinity.
>>
File: predictable.png (82 KB, 1195x825) Image search: [Google]
predictable.png
82 KB, 1195x825
>>
File: 1464988852756.jpg (78 KB, 444x460) Image search: [Google]
1464988852756.jpg
78 KB, 444x460
To be honest family, I don't really mind what they've done as long as Innistrad isn't fucked at the end of it and Emrakul can fuck off in a way that isn't completely fucking stupid, ie, the way Kozilek and Ulamog did. Also vague hype for >>47884515, because the art is nice and the concept, while predictable and 3edgy5me, is pretty neat. Here's hoping the other Eldrazi in the set are original and interesting and not just poorly art-directed boring pieces of garbage. Also reminder to bring out your bingo sheets, set release season is upon us.

PS I'm not a shill even though I like MaRo and am optimistic for this set.
>>
>>47887619
>Get ready for more Eldrazi
Let's hope they're not as big a disappointment as Newrakul.
>>
File: Emrakul_The_Promised_End.jpg (517 KB, 1080x1350) Image search: [Google]
Emrakul_The_Promised_End.jpg
517 KB, 1080x1350
Okay but that full art tho
>>
>>47887754
Nigga look like tentacruel havin a bad day
>>
>>47887754
100% a fine ending image were it not for the fact that the Gatewatch are the heroes here, not the actual citizens of Innistrad.
>>
>>47884139
Innistrad was "flavorful" only for underage autistic retards like you. Thank god Wizards stopped listening to you vocal retards and is doing something good with the lore for once.
>>
>>47887754
Amazing art, honestly Eldrazi cards have some of the best art of recent cards in Magic.
>>
>>47887811
Obvious bait is obvious
>>
>>47887839
Lmao what, the cards from the last two sets were complete cgi shitfast barring the selected few. The only reason this one looks good is because of the strict departure from the previous art style.
>>
File: Image.png (121 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
121 KB, 223x311
>>47887839
>Amazing art
>>
>>47887754

I need to watch Independence Day again
>>
>>47887754
>mfw we'll have the memewatch fighting Emmy instead of based Sorin Markov, rightful Lord of Innistrad, and his army of all Innistrad creatures combined horrors and demons included
It would be the edginess contest of the century
>>
>>47887876
>amiyo glowered but turned back to the path, to her magical lantern and her soft footfalls. He should tell her. Tell her to wait here and he would bring help. This was bigger than something the two of them could handle alone. In truth, it always had been, even when Jace thought it was just the mad angel, Avacyn. If it hadn't been for Sorin back at the cathedral—Sorin. Jace cursed the ancient vampire who had brought Innistrad to the brink of destruction and then just merely drifted away, leaving the mess for Jace to clean up.

Sorin's officially bailed on Innistrad. He's done his bit and moved on, as always.
>>
>>47887894
I know. Fuck you, Wizards.
>>
>>47887860
>>47887868
>>47887842
>muh edgy vampires "pssh human.. nothing personnel" and "muh super cool demons!"

Literally underage autists, kill yourselves. It's good to know you're the minority Wizards doesn't give a shit about because that's how autists should be treated by companies.
>>
>>47887905
0/10
>>
>>47887894
I want to believe he left to go find Ugin because he realized shit's fucked and he can't handle it alone. He did the same on Zendikar after all. It doesn't help that he didn't even register Jace and Tamiyo as possible allies since him being too prideful and paranoid contributed to these messes.
>>
>>47887918
You're right, why am I even suprised a board like /tg/ is full of autistic retards, like why am I even arguing about this.
>>
>not tutoring out changelings
>>
>>47887918
>t. Twilight fan

Kek
>>
File: 1379045805883.jpg (23 KB, 353x438) Image search: [Google]
1379045805883.jpg
23 KB, 353x438
>>47887905
>calling people autists while spouting memes on a japanese cardboard art appreciation collective
>>
>>47887963
You are indeed a huge faggot but I wouldn't rape your face cause I'm not gay like you, slut.
>>
>>47887509
who makes these? my congratulations
>>
>>47887754
Gotta love Bloodborne: The Gathering.
>>
>>47887938
To be fair, one's an overgrown rabbit and the other was some hooded kid who did nothing but scream at him and the imaginary people around him at the time.
>>
>>47887509
>>47887988
The two Emrakul ones are 10/10, rest is cringeworthy shit.
>>
>>47885244
>"Wow what if I stitch that to a pig's back?"
>>
>>47880625
Wishes are an every color thing.
>>
>>47884515
I actually really like this one. Hope they do more mutations of characters like geralf or thalia.
>>
>>47887754
Photobashing, photobashing everywhere!
>>
>>47887868
He kinda looks like he's having a good time.
>>
>>47884958
No, no you can't
You are very wrong
>>
>>47884515
I hope it's as least half as cool as the Hand
>>
>>47887619
>006/205
>6+2+5=13
Wew
>>
>>47887894
Christ on a bike they just refuse to write Sorin into his own stories.
>>
File: 0422.png (210 KB, 599x457) Image search: [Google]
0422.png
210 KB, 599x457
>People would actually have more eldrazi than Phyrexians
>>
>>47891738
Phyrexians sucked ass. People would be complaining just as much if this new set was about the ohyrexians decking shit.
>>
>>47890992
>hand
Huh?
>>
>>47883733
>blue does nothing like this
>aether mages
>misthollow griffin
>>
>>47891816
ZA HANDO

Emrakul is a Stand user.
>>
>>47884113
Seriously, those retards are being real quiet now
>>
>>47887754
YES

Am I the only one OK with how this set is shaping up? If they apply any of the lessons they learned from OGW and BfZ, its to let Innistrad burn. Perfect ending for me would be for Emy to fuck off and the rest of the Jace squad to leave behind it.

My G/R werewolves are ready to start stomping out these tentacle abominations.
>>
>>47892070
I also run G/R wolves and I'm hyped for this set
>>
>>47891793
Better than supposedly unbeatable beings getting fireballed to death
>>
>>47892109
Supposedly unbeatable things have gotten killed by one mana instants.
>>
>>47892109
Seconded. All for the sake of

"m...muh power creep!"

Awesome. Great that we can ruin all future sets to make sure they're nice and neutered so you don't have to update your fucking modern deck that has been static for the past 4 years.
>>
>>47884288
Walkers can cast spells using mana of any colour, or even cast any coloured spell. They just have preferences and some things are a bit easier.
>>
>>47892070
The spoiled Emrakul is a shitty fucking card. They didn't learn anything from BfZ other than how hard the average magic player is willing to take it in the ass.
>>
>>47887729
Just like how BfZ and OGW had so many awesome Eldrazi, right?
>>
>>47892070
for me it'll entirely depend on how much jacetice league we're getting. Innistrad's creatures fighting the horde would be pretty sick
>>
>>47887973
haha i kek'd good retort 10/10 would read again.
>>
>>47892144
This. Fuck modern. Your stupid format is holding standard back.
>>
>>47892224
Not that guy but although I think new emmy is fine (anyone expecting new emmy to be as strong as the old one is delusional), she is not modern playable. Newlamog does everything new emmy does better and probably cheaper
>>
>>47892224
>cast ema, basically cant be countered
Protection from Instants doesn't apply on the stack
>>
>>47892224
>>cast ema, basically cant be countered
>>next turn you control opponent, swing with everything, ema obliterates them
>>while you get to see what your opponents hand looks like
>>opponent gets to topdeck, by then it wont matter
>>you finish, gg
>>PLUS modern now has another eldrazi to sideboard
>Are you drunk or just salty?

deleting your post will not hide your shame, anon
>>
>>47888024
Nig Mizzle was pretty dope, man.
>>
File: 1466264002645.jpg (165 KB, 439x550) Image search: [Google]
1466264002645.jpg
165 KB, 439x550
>>47892309
I thought it could
>>
>>47892309
>>47892309

ema only gets to block one of their creatures
>>
>>47883539
"Outside the game" means "Sideboard." EDH decks technically have a sideboard, according to RAW.
>>
>>47887894
I thought Jace was referring to the fact that after he killed Avacyn, Sorin just walked away without even acknowledging him or Tamiyo. Sorin's probably going around pacifying the vampire houses and keeping them from falling into Emrakul's Eldrazi Army.
>>
>>47892448
Yeah most likely but Jace wasn't in any real state to learn that.

Now that Avacyn is gone, Sorin is most likely going to have to actually take up the mantle of Lord of Innistrad, which could mean digging up his grandad from Markov Manor.
>>
>>47892495
Edgar Markov, Mad Grandsire
RB
Legendary Creature - Vampire Wizard
2/2
Whenever ~ deals damage to a creature, that creature becomes a black vampire in addition to its other types.

B: Regenerate
1R: ~ gains doublestrike until end of turn.
3B: Gain control of target vampire until ~ leaves play.
>>
File: grandpa.jpg (30 KB, 335x328) Image search: [Google]
grandpa.jpg
30 KB, 335x328
>>47892906
seems pretty legit.
>>
>>47891828
>>47883733
And Torrent Elemental
>>
File: 3101231.jpg (50 KB, 507x338) Image search: [Google]
3101231.jpg
50 KB, 507x338
>another set with Eldrazi in it

JUST STOP IT

YOU ALREADY RUINED ZENDIKAR WITH THIS SHIT
>>
>>47892057
>>47884113

Admittedly, my fault entirely lies with giving Wizards too much credit. We just killed two Eldrazi Titans. I didn't think we'd go and kill the third one in the next block.
>>
What Magic needs is a good, Phyrexian dicking of Theros.
>>
>>47884130
What is Pull from Eternity, Alex?
>>
This just in

Spoilers for the next few sets of MtG after Kaladesh

>Return to Alara but Eldrazi have invaded and corrupted the world

After that we are gonna get

>Jace returning to Ravnica when he's finally bored enough to be the fucking guildpact only to find the Eldrazi have invaded and corrupted the land

Then the 3rd block after that will be

>New new Phyrexia where Eldrazi and Phyrexians fuck to make super Eldrazi and they plan to super invade Zendikar....

Also I hear rumors that they plan on re-branding MtG to CBtG for "Creatively Bankrupt the Gathering". Kind of a weird rumor but I got it from a very credible source
>>
File: 1391768064801.jpg (16 KB, 203x145) Image search: [Google]
1391768064801.jpg
16 KB, 203x145
>>47893544
>implying Kaladesh won't be corrupted in the second set because Emrakul is gonna escape and go there
>>
>>47893475
>Elspeth comes out of Nix just in time to watch Phyrexia invade the plane
>Jacetice league comes to help
>Get wrecked by the innumerable waves of obliterators and Wurm Coil engines
>Gods tell Elspeth to let the plane go as there is no saving it
>Everyone forced to flee as they watch the entire plane fall
>>
File: Fightemup.gif (600 KB, 320x133) Image search: [Google]
Fightemup.gif
600 KB, 320x133
>>47893544
I really wanted the Phyrexians and the Eldrazi to have a go at each other.
>>
>>47893627
too bad Wizards said it'll never happen
>>
>>47893636
For what reason?
>>
>>47893655
Didn't say. I'd assume because they don't want their two big bads to fuck with each other.
>>
>>47893544
There was an article a while back where Kruphix (UG god of knowledge, Theros), was like "Oh man I don't want any of these 3 things to happen to Theros" and they were Nicol Bolas, Eldrazi, and Phyrexians.

Nicol Bolas sort of fought Ugin in Fate Reforged, the Eldrazi were on Zendikar/Innistrad, so the set immediately after this, Kaladesh, which is focused on artifacts is probably going to be attacked by Phyrexians.
>>
>>47893771

Pls no Phyrexians. I'll take a Chandra card if I have to, but I'd really like it if Kaladesh and Aether Revolt were self contained.
>>
>>47893861
>Pls no Phyrexians
Wizards have already deemed them the real, eternal big bad of MTG. it's going to happen
>>
>>47893861
Hey maybe it'll happen sooner and it'll be in Conspiracy 2.
>>
>>47893875

It doesn't have to happen yet! We can have Phyrexians in Return to Kaladesh. That way I can complain about how Phyrexia ruined the plane, rather than Kaladesh never having a chance.

>>47893918

That's just as bad!
>>
>>47893990
Phyrexia is probably going to fuck up Theros first just to give Elspeth motivation when she returns from the dead and witnesses that Theros has already been destroyed
>>
>>47893861
They'll be as self-contained as Tarkir and Theros.
Then, 2 possibilities:
1) The public likes it, netting it a return in which it will get assraped (probably by Phyrexia)

B) The public hates it (except for /tg/ of course) meaning we'll never get anything more than nerds begging about it on MaRo's tumblr.
>>
Is the only plane immune to getting its shit wrecked Ravnica?

Because WoTC left an open plotline last time to go back to it. They seem to want to visit it every so often.
>>
>>47892906
Is that a real card?
>>
>>47894276
I'd bet even money that Ravnica gets Dominaria levels of wrecked
>>
>>47892906
If you dropped the double strike ability, and made the gain control ability an "until end of turn" effect instead, I could actually believe it.
>>
>>47884515

WE DEAD SPACE NOW

is that really gisela + bruna? that's fucking awesome, they picked the most beautiful and cute characters and fucked their shit up
>>
>>47894297
>Ravnica gets invaded by X
>Guilds try to fight back on their own without working together
>get wrecked
>Finally work together
>Defeat X but the plane is now in ruins
>Begin to rebuild without Guilds
>>
>>47884515
All I know is, finally WotC prints a sexy angel.
>>
>vampire angel

???
>>
Are wishes finally going to get the errata they need to go back to original functionality?
>>
>>47884515
So which head used to be Bruna and which head used to be Gisela?
>>
>>47894297
Oh shit I just thought of something. Jace is technically the living guildpact or whatever, right? And he's also infected by Eldrazi?

What if they bring him back to Ravnica and they add in 5 Color/colorless guilds or something.
>>
>>47894942
The right one is Gisela for sure.
>>
>>47895013
I like this scenario better

>Simic find a strange, black liquid emanating from the sewers
>Begin studying it
>notice it has a strange attraction to metal
>begin fusing it with metal
>Shenanigans ensue
>>
>>47894297
>Dominaria levels of wrecked
wizards won't do that for any plane, because that would involve spending more than one consecutive block on a single place. As the center of the multiverse, dominaria has faced so many back to back apocalypses that it really isn't funny.

I'm more curious as to why they've just up and forgot about it. We've had "returns" to pretty much every new plane (with a promised return to return to ravnica), but not the OG plane. Did time spiral take MaRo's lunch money, or what?
>>
>>47895232
I'd consider Mirrodin getting Dominaria levels of fucked with Zendikar just short of that mark.
>>
>>47895149
>Shenanigans ensue
This is the best description of planar compleation that I have ever heard.
>>
>>47895232
Dominaria doesn't have a theme, so it was most useful for core sets and the like. We probably won't see it again until they want a bottom-up set with purely MtG-style lore and a generic antagonist - possibly look for it to be the set where Bolas gets his shit kicked in for once.
>>
>>47895256
but dominaria has had both phyrexian and not-eldrazi apocalypses

it's also had a nuclear apocalypse and time apocalypse, among others
>>
i just want garruk to show up and fucking body a jacetice league member
>>
>>47891793
Bullshit. Phyrexians would mean the ravenman is yawgmoth and everyone would be hyped as fuck to have a solid villain finally. On nix is a chump, bolas is fairly boring, and Liliana is barely a villain.

Whatever is in innistrads moon already that gets pushed out when emrakul gets put in there better be s bad ass mother ducky. I don't want this next set to be some poo in loo villain
>>
>>47895375
>poo in loo villain
$10 says the DESIGNATED plane's villain is white.
>>
>>47892394
>Assuming you only have ONE creature
>>
>>47895447
Why wouldn't it be white? The moon is white, right? :P

Also imagine if an oldwalker or something pops out of the moon.
>>
>>47884670
except it's Bruna and Gisela u stupid fuck
>>
>>47893599

Aether Revolt is probably going to be about the natural forces of the plane revolving against the artificers and their no-magic rules.

Fuck EMN can we just get Kaladesh please.
>>
>>47895375
I like the theory that raven man is mishra possessed by yawgmoth
>>
>>47892070
I'm too disappointed in the legendary werewolf to be excited for this set
>>
>>47893605
Elspeth eats New Phyrexians for breakfast though.

It doesn't matter much due to their nature but her Phyrexian kill count is obscene.
>>
>>47895375
>and everyone would be hyped as fuck to have a solid villain finally
the problem is you also need a solid hero or the set ends up shit. And any interesting heroes are going to be fucking smothered by the avengers.

Could you imagine if innistrad: eldrazi boogaloo was just Sorin and the not-insane Cathars investigating everything? Trying to solve shit before everything blows up in their faces? That would have been fuckin' neato.
>>
File: sets ruined by eldrazi.jpg (32 KB, 439x290) Image search: [Google]
sets ruined by eldrazi.jpg
32 KB, 439x290
>>
>>47895641
An old walker...

I can imagine Karne just falling out of the sky and Mario-ass smashing emrakul, then feeling bad about it.
>>
>>47884139

>blah blah subjective opinions
>blah blah unjustified assumptions

K
>>
>Dr.Ugin? I'm J.A.C.E.
He wasn't alone
>Uh you don't get to bring friends
>They are not my friends
No charge for them.
>And why would I want them?
They worked for the lithomancer
>Nahiri?
>Get them on the plane I'll call it in
>I can only planes walk with Dr.Ugin so only one of you is allowed to stay on my plane
>tell me about Nahiri why does she imprison the Eldrazi?
>a lot of loyalty for a Eldrazi Titan!
or perhaps he's wondering how a planes walker could kill a Being of aether?
>who are you?
It does not matter who we are. All that matters is our plan
>was getting caught apart of your plan?
Of course, we had to figure out what he told you.
>well congratulations you got you self imprisoned, now what's the next step of your master plan?
Crashing this plane. With no survivors!

And then SOI happened.
>>
>>47895951
Yeah, but she can't stop an entire planar invasion.
>>
>>47887685

You're retarded dude

Almost none of the eldrazi in the history of magic have been even playable, let alone OP
>>
File: 1426314764180.gif (475 KB, 499x374) Image search: [Google]
1426314764180.gif
475 KB, 499x374
>>47896315
>>
>>47891738
>>People would actually have more eldrazi than Phyrexians
We've had Phyrexians for over 2 fucking decades so yeah, I for one wouldn't mind some more Eldrazi.

Really, the only reason the Eldrazi get so much hate is because of bad wannabe mtg players who got their asses kicked by pre-ban modern Eldrazi and where mostly butthurt they didn't think of it first.

Really, modern Eldrazi wasn't even that bad compared to Mirrodin standard Affinity pre-ban. And don't even get me started about Tolarian academy decks during combo winter. Now that was some serious degeneracy right there.
>>
>>47888710

What's wrong with photo bashing you pretentious twat?
>>
>>47884515
Guys I have an idea.
Guys what if
Guys
Guys what if This is a U/R legend that interacts somehow with colorless spells you cast and thus indirectly serves as the long-anticipated izzet artifacts commander?
Yeah this would probably make way more sense if Kaladesh wasn't a thing where the UR artifice is basically at home.
>>
>>47896495
Honestly, the main problem I see with the Eldrazi, as someone mostly enjoying them, is how stale they already are. Their concept is just so limited in comparison to Phyrexians, as they have no culture to evolve from, don't change much between appearances, have no personality and always look almost identical, just in different sizes.

The only reason people were able to enjoy Phyrexia for that long was because every iteration of them was very different from the previous one. Eldrazi just had their first reappearance and did not change in the slightest, apart from their powers being retconned.
>>
>>47896577
They change depending what plane they're on. We might actually get some sick different Eldrazi now we're on a different plane.
>>
>>47896604
They don't change depending on the plane, they change depending on which titan they are based on. The only one whose spawn really drastically changes between planes (or races, rather) are Emrakul's due to her mutating nature. Even with that, though, the main designs will always remain very limited unless they do a major plot twist with them to cause their appearance to overall become very different or to add some more depth to them other than "big eldritch alien thing that breaks shit".

That rather boring premise combined with a bunch of characters that were already seen as Gary Stus and had very polarizing personalities was a really bad combination by Wizards. It's no surprise that so many people are pissed off at the stories recently.
>>
>>47896577
We've also had a look at things from the Phyrexian side. They're not just "too alien to understand" horrors. They had infighting and powerstruggles, not so with the Eldrazi.
>>
>>47896826
Eldrazi have no real character, they don't seem to communicate in any way, and they don't ever seem to have actions beyond tearing everything to shit

Phyrexians had a lot of character, Urabrask has more character than all of the Eldrazi combined
>>
>>47895975

I mean, if Yawgmoth and phyrexians rise to be a thing again, doesn't that mean Karn rises to oppose them? That would be the thing to have happen, but I realize the Jacetice League would try to fuck things up
>>
>>47885509
Fuck you, Marit Lage is best waifu
>>
>>47896943
Really, the best thing they could do for the (inevitable) return of the Eldrazi is to give them some kind of personality.

They could either:
A) make them revive as one super-Eldrazi with actual motives and character
B) revive a dead villain (Yawgmoth or someshit) and make him use the Eldrazi essence in the Blind Eternities or whatever as a vessel
C) let one of the current villains, namely Ob Nixilis or Bolas, fuse with the Eldrazi and take control over them entirely
D) combine them with a previous villainous faction, for example Phyrexia, the Theros gods, the Nephilim, Oni from Kamigawa or whatever
There are plenty of ways that would make Eldrazi more interesting beyond their sometimes cool designs, Wizard just really needs to use one of them the next time around.
>>
>>47896547
Nothing as long as it's done with subtility. The used pictures have to bend in the final piece, not scream "photography" when you looks at the details.
Photobashing is good as a first step. It's a mean, not a goal.

However, if you're happy with magic card art looking like photomontage, you're welcome to enlighten me.
>>
My problem with eldrazi is that they are just more boring versions of phyrexians.
>>
File: emrakul_edit_by_evanje-d69esd5.jpg (30 KB, 620x453) Image search: [Google]
emrakul_edit_by_evanje-d69esd5.jpg
30 KB, 620x453
>>47887754
Why doesn't Emrakul have hand-tentacles anymore? Now it's entirely just a big pink jellyfish.
>>
>>47895304
I loved how the Time apocalypse was caused by having too many apocalypses.
>>
File: 1399073435402.gif (621 KB, 697x400) Image search: [Google]
1399073435402.gif
621 KB, 697x400
>>47897480
Because more tentacles are ALWAYS good.
>>
>>47896137
What are you talking about, Rise was an amazing set and is one of the best limited formats of all time.
>>
>>47896577
I wish they'd gone weirder with the Eldrazi in BFZ / OGW like they sorta-kinda-were-gonna. I think the odd-numbers-matter thing could've been neat as hell.
>>
>>47894046
/tg/ will hate it because it will have too much brown people, and the zeitgeist of the day is trying to outdo /pol/.
>>
>>47897832
Wizards got bad feedback on rise as a limited environment: it was too hard for people newer to the game.
>>
>>47897152
I would just hope we never see them again, I think they were an excellent concept for the one set that they originated in. Giant Astral Horrors that completely fuck over the whole plane. That little story doesn't work when you tell it 4 times in a row

I was bored of the concept even before BFZ, and here we are again
>>
>>47897832
when I made the image I knew someone would reply like that

I don't give a shit
>>
File: worldspine world.jpg (27 KB, 223x310) Image search: [Google]
worldspine world.jpg
27 KB, 223x310
>emmy goes to ravnica
>gets eaten by a worldspine wurm
>>
File: ClhEt7OWYAAc7XR.png (159 KB, 250x358) Image search: [Google]
ClhEt7OWYAAc7XR.png
159 KB, 250x358
>>
File: hanweirthewrithingtownship.jpg (36 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
hanweirthewrithingtownship.jpg
36 KB, 265x370
>>47900544
No one can read moon runes.
>>
>>47900697
Land on the other side. Calling it now.
>>
>>47900697
The fuck is that, a flip land?
>>
Wow, did MaRo just shit on Coax?
>>
>>47900768
Maro doesn't like grabbing shit from exile. This isn't news.
>>
>>47897480

The physical forms of the titans aren't their real forms, presumably it isn't too much of a stretch to think they might manifest slightly differently each time they form. The actual answer is probably just artist error but I don't think there's too much disconnect with the lore in this case.
>>
>>47887228

I miss being able to see new cards about NEW PEOPLE in a game that used to be about new cards in new places. It's especially bad because all of the gatewatch walkers are ridiculously narrow in terms of their identity. "The red girl shoots fire! The green girl likes elves and mana! The design space is endless!" If they wanted to create brand awareness with a specific set of characters (for some baffling reason) they should have at least chosen multicolor characters so that they wouldn't run out of ideas for abilities two cards in.
>>
>>47891816
Hand of Emrakul
9-drop 7/7 annihilator 1
You may sacrifice four eldrazi spawn instead of paying its mana cost
>>
>>47900799

it's just weird to see Wizards' de facto spokesman criticizing their own product
>>
>>47900799
MaRo classically is also extremely shit with all forms of this game.
the only version hes good at is 60 card pickup.
>>
>>47901074
The only weird thing about it is Maro criticizing a card with U in the casting cost.
>>
>>47880488
This is exactly it. We had too much faith. Gave them the benefit of the doubt one too many times. I'm done with that now.
>>
>>47900697
>A land that turns into an Eldrazi

Love it
>>
>>47900697
>130

Welp. We got Land eldrazi boys.
>>
File: 1465583304281.jpg (26 KB, 500x354) Image search: [Google]
1465583304281.jpg
26 KB, 500x354
wotc are so fucking retarded and i'm tired of goddamn eldrazi
>>
File: 1465423829276.jpg (15 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1465423829276.jpg
15 KB, 480x480
>>47901557
Just know that, through meme magic, this will most likely be the very last time we ever see an Eldrazi ever again.

unless Emrakul accidentally infects Arlinn, in which case God help us all
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.