[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be a cunning bugbear >Get about two dozen goblins and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Level-1-Cleaned.gif (67 KB, 800x603) Image search: [Google]
Level-1-Cleaned.gif
67 KB, 800x603
>Be a cunning bugbear
>Get about two dozen goblins and a few wolves to serve you
>find a nice spot properly distant from major settlements with a nice road that can be raided on different points regualry
>perform reasonabely well
>find an abandoned cave system, kill the owlbear inhabiting it, get a lair
>has water, is dry, can be reasonably well defended, except for one problem
>It has a single entry

Tl;dr: How would a smart goblin warchief remodify the lair to have a chance against a group of stubborn end well equipped adventurers that may wonder into the region eventually?
>>
Take a page from the Dwarf's book (probably stolen): dig deep and dig greedily.
>>
>>47875683
I don't actually like it being a single entrance affair--poor circulation of air and no escape route. It makes it too easy to trap you and too easy to smoke you out.
>>
>>47875683
Dig out another passage. Duh.
>>
>>47875683
A button to flood the lair with lava of course
>>
>>47875683
Start here.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Defense_guide
>>
File: face 1464630020628.gif (565 KB, 246x205) Image search: [Google]
face 1464630020628.gif
565 KB, 246x205
>>47875683
>bugbears
FUCK THESE MOTHERFUCKERS! WHAT THE SHITTING COCK, THESE ASSLORDS FUCKING ONESHOT ALMOST ALL OF US!! CHALLENGE RATING FOR A LVL 2 CREW??? FUUUUCK YOU! THEY EVEN RAPED THE FANTASY GROUNDS DIE ALGORITHM BALLS DEEP SO WE COULDN'T EVEN HIT THEM FOR FOUR ROUNDS OF COMBAT!
>>
A bugbear wouldn't be smart enough to think that far ahead, surely?
>>
>>47876430
They are smarter than goblins at least, and they can set up reasonable, if uninspired, ambushes.
>>
>>47875683
Kennel the wolves in a makeshift palisade outside. Pesky rogues can suck a dick.
Defensive choke in the first room. Deployable wooden barricades, polearms, bows and arrows stocked here. No traps that rely on mechanisms, it's a thoroughfare. Design to fall back when needed.
Dig exit tunnel from one of the rooms off the main corridor, so there's a secret exit for emergencies.
Store the loot in the room behind the secret door.
"Tax" the road instead of killing and eating the humans to keep the heat low.
Take levels in Druid.
>>
Outside fort like defenses.

Make pacts/so favors for greedy fey to help shape surrounding wood.

Lease out section of base to hobgoblin mercs.
>>
>>47876392
Generally speaking, they are two hobgoblins what organs are to humans. Similarly goblins are to hobgoblins what halflings are to humans. Technically the human and hobgoblin genomes are split into three different subspecies varying by size.
>>
>>47877884
Ogres to humans.

I HATE the voice recognition on this phone.
>>
>>47877884
>>47877914
I have no idea what it is you are trying to convey, please explain
>>
>>47877914

I like to imagine you're dictating your posts on public transit. I hope you don't mind.

>>47878028

Bugbears>Hobgoblins>Goblins
Ogres>Humans>Halflings
>>
>>47878028
Human is the baseline. Halfling is short scrawny human. Like a pygmy. Ogres are large lumbering humans. Genetically they're all technically related. Same goes for bugbears, hobgoblins, and goblins. They are all closely related subspecies.

>>47878118
I don't mind. You're not far off.
>>
>>47875735

>Drums in the deep
>We cannot get out.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.