[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tg/ think of live-streamed tabletop games like pic related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: CriticaleRole_logo_970x545[1].png (2 MB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
CriticaleRole_logo_970x545[1].png
2 MB, 970x545
What does /tg/ think of live-streamed tabletop games like pic related?
>>
>>47869496
It's shit.
>>
>>47869496
1000% better if there are no e-celebrities, also no actual celebrities either.
>>
There's like 2 good ones, you kinda need people who are not only creative but also funny and/or good voice actors to make it entertaining.
>>
>>47869496
Ackwyshisuns inc. Is better
>>
File: SwanSong Cast.png (121 KB, 630x800) Image search: [Google]
SwanSong Cast.png
121 KB, 630x800
>>47869496
I haven't checked out Critical Role out yet, but I've been watching RollPlay for awhile.
>>
>>47869496
I found Critical Role to be pretty shitty myself. I thought the pacing was lame, the characters didn't feel very cohesive, and Orion was a metagaming little bitch boy yet still one of the only characters that was actually fun to hear talking.
>>
File: Authors and Dragosn.jpg (726 KB, 1000x451) Image search: [Google]
Authors and Dragosn.jpg
726 KB, 1000x451
>>47869496
I've been looking for a few new ones since I started listening to Authors and Dragons.
>>
>>47869496
I believe watching any of those would give me cancer, so I never ever tried watching any just in case. I prefer to run a game myself rather than waste time watching others play.
>>
>>47869496
Are there any that aren't dnd or have utter shit audio quality?
>>
RPGs aren't spectator sports and are infinitely less fun to watch than to play.
>>
>>47870505
It's less of a sport and more of a drama show.
>>
>>47869496
Most of them are pretty terrible. Watching uninteresting people play uninteresting characters in uninteresting scenarios. Some of them are okay if the people are funny and the gameplay is somewhat fast paced. But as soon as they get into a combat it becomes tedious.
>>
>>47869496
It's really boring to watch roleplayers play a game. I could never watch more than 2 episodes of any of these related shows.
>>
What was that one where some bitch flipped her shit because the GM asked what her character was wearing during the character introductions?
>>
>>47869496
That's the one where some grill went full SJW because the DM asked her what she was wearing... to attend a fucking royal gala, right?

It's shit. By which I mean I could literally fart into a microphone for an hour and it'd be of equivalent quality.
>>
>>47871392
Do you remember the name and/or episode, kind anon?
>>
Critical Role always seemed very forced and pretty much like watching Matt read a module out to to a group of people that are being paid to stay in the new player phase for extended amounts of time.

As for watching regular joes. Sometimes its fun. You really miss alot of inside jokes and stuff. I record all of our sessions so we can go back and laugh about it later. I whole heartily agree with >>47870505
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.