[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PATHFINDER GENERAL /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: 2015-09-10-767844.jpg (162 KB, 787x977) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-10-767844.jpg
162 KB, 787x977
PATHFINDER GENERAL /pfg/

PRETTY FUCKING PRINCESS EDITION: WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EXPERIENCE WITH A NOBLE PC OR NPC?

WHEN ASKING FOR BUILD ADVICE, REMEMBER TO SPECIFY IF 3PP IS ALLOWED

UNIFIED /pfg/ LINK REPOSITORY: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

PLEASE SEARCH FOR UNERRATA'D CONTENT HERE:
http://web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

OLD THREAD: >>47853294
>>
File: blank.jpg (36 KB, 432x432) Image search: [Google]
blank.jpg
36 KB, 432x432
>>47867388
Experiences not found.
>>
What should my party of 6 lvl 8 doods fight while in a swamp?
>>
>>47867388
>PRETTY FUCKING PRINCESS EDITION: WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EXPERIENCE WITH A NOBLE PC OR NPC?

Literally the most banned backstory ever because every motherfucker who does it just wants to sneak in benefits to their PC.

Fuck everyone who does this.
>>
>>47867388
Literally none. Every single noble NPC I've encountered has just been a face to give a quest, and every noble PC I've played with has used it as an excuse to be a raging douche.
>>
>>47867434
You wanna know what the benefits for being a princess are in Pathfinder?

>You gain a +1 trait bonus to Diplomacy and Intimidate checks, and one of these skills (your choice) is always a class skill for you.
>>
File: kYeOGjb.jpg (322 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
kYeOGjb.jpg
322 KB, 900x1200
Reposting from dead thread: >>47867389

Anybody played/DM'ed Hell's Rebels that can offer advice on what classes would probably be most fun to play? With all the intrigue I can imagine skillmonkeys having a good place, but I wouldn't want to feel shit in combat.

Bard has crossed my mind a few times.
>>
>>47867388
My best experience with a noble PC was in Dark Heresy.

My best experience with a noble NPC has been the ArchBaron Fex in Hell's Vengeance. Dude's pretty chill.
>>
>>47867443
Every shitlord who does this tries to sneak in "story benefits" into their character.
>>
>>47867388
I'm currently running a counterfeit blood beguiler. While he was actually born on the streets, he plays a prince on TV.
>>
>>47867388
/pfg/ if I'm going to be pretty much the entire front-line in a 4-person party, what's a better option: Synthesist Summoner or Melee (possibly Mounted) Hunter?

Also it's 15 point buy so 'Barbarian' isn't a great option.
>>
>>47867421
A Black Dragon that harasses them constantly while they're in the swamp but never gives them a fair fight. If you play it right, the Dragon can become more of an environmental hazard than an enemy
>>
>>47867476
15pb? Synth, definitely, since it obviates the need to actually put any points into your physical stats. Don't dump Con, though.
>>
File: queenconcept2.png (386 KB, 867x934) Image search: [Google]
queenconcept2.png
386 KB, 867x934
>>47867388
>PRETTY FUCKING PRINCESS EDITION::WHAT WAS YOUR BEST EXPERIENCE WITH A NOBLE PC OR NPC?

Becoming the pretty fucking princess.
Final design still pending.
>>
File: 1465849167031.jpg (166 KB, 1196x668) Image search: [Google]
1465849167031.jpg
166 KB, 1196x668
>>47867388
Being the princess is not always as great as it's cracked up to be. Especially when your parents die and it's up to you to make the hard decisions.
>>
>>47867388
We married a crazy elven princess to our dwarf, without him finding out until midway through the ceremony.
>>
>>47867541
Noblesse oblige, anon.
>>
>>47867388
Princess. My rogue character touched the princess, pickpocketting her. He was caught and thrown into the prison. He ended up being picked to fight in the arena. He won three fights before getting his left arm cut off. He was sent to the wizard's tower as a research slave and was transmuted into a half lizard half man thing. Was sent back to arena and managed to win two more fights, before he was purchased as a home guard for a city nobleman. This led him to frequent parties, initially on display for being an oddity, but later as a bodyguard. He was given to an adventuring group as a gift for their hard work in saving the princess (the same one from before, before the character entered play). Since, the princess has gotten in trouble again, and the party now serves as her personal guard.
>>
Does anyone have the page of the Magic Tactics Toolbox with the Bloodline Mutations? Particularly Blooded Havok?
>>
>>47867486
I like it. I'm worried about throwing dragons at the party head on, but as an asshole bugging the group, it works.
>>
>>47867622
It can stay underwater indefinitely, and it's definitely smart enough not to ever show itself.

It can just spam Summon Swarms and maybe a nice acid breath every once in a while.
>>
File: ScumOfShatterdown_Cover_v5.jpg (139 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
ScumOfShatterdown_Cover_v5.jpg
139 KB, 900x1350
>>47867388
Mage-Hating Warblade (I did the storytime awhile back) was part of a mercenary company in royal employ because of a war with the drow. Generally positive experiences with the crown, but that was because he got tongue-tied and shy around his own king.

The elven king, on the other hand...

(Plus, y'know, the princess in pic related but I've never actually /played/ her.)
>>
>>47867684
>>47867622
One warning: Do NOT have the plot rely on that dragon necessarily getting away.

He may have intended to piss them off, but doing so is never wise.

Not only might you find yourself blindsided by the tactics players tend only to be capable of developing once tossed over the enrage-cliff, but you might even find the dragon used against their enemies before you realize it, turned against itself...

... or turned into a bonus above and beyond their current expected wealth.

Because there's always someone to go "okay, well, in that case I'll just use the Oxygen Destroyer"
>The what?
>It'll suck the moisture right out his swamp when we ignite the atmosphere over the continent
>Don't worry we prepped some scrolls so it won't hurt us
>>
>>47867741

Garetthhhh Is the book going to be on Gplay books?
>>
File: 2016-06-19+at+10.42.03).jpg (180 KB, 726x529) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-19+at+10.42.03).jpg
180 KB, 726x529
Since anon is in love with the princess today, I banged this out for you in like ten seconds. It's super basic but it's a set of rules to refer to. I know you guys can do better.
>>
What stats should I focus on if I'm playing a Skald?
>>
>>47868077
Strength, Con, and just enough Charisma to keep your spells going
>>
Is Steelforge in the trove yet?
>>
>>47868098
Have you tried looking
>>
>>47868069
Damn, your layout work is like a dozen times better than DDS'. You should see if they want to hire you.
>>
>>47868069
Royal is a low tier 3 shit class.
>>
>>47868069
Is that like

A template or something there?

Cuz that's slick.
>>
>>47868126
>low tier 3
>shit
???
>>
>>47868122
Ahaha no man it's just a web tool

The fact that good layout is trivial to achieve just makes them all the more unforgivable

>>47868128
http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/

Uses a modified markdown

Meant for 5e but uh who gives a shit it looks nice
>>
Thus far we have the following:
>drop massive stone block on the Rakshasa's palace
>two PCs are doing a performance atop the block, performing what we now refer to as "Iron Dragon's Flight"
>these two PCs are the distraction, they stay behind while the other three run in
>Bull headed Rajadhiraja appears and challenges the two PCs (mine and a friend's character's)
>wields vorpal hammer & has this strange incorporeal fire titan with him
>we fight him, the titan (which ends up cutting in half several more parts of the palace during the fight)
>rest of the party follows trail of mind controlled dwarves (we're in the dwarven capital taken over by Rakshasa)
>find furnace dwarves are walking into
>turns out dwarves sacrificing themselves
>other PCs stops to try and stop it, Snake headed Rajadhiraja comes out, he starts fighting it
>other two players continue deeper to try and find artifact lantern the Rakshasa use to infinitely respawn
>one PC has to stop as Spider headed Rajadhiraja appears
>last PC, a goblin dwarfaboo has to go alone to the artifact while the rest of the party is locked in combat with demi-gods and things

It's a hell of a ride, my character is about to do the nuclear option and use the Monkey's Paw if he thinks it is the only option.
>>
File: 1464867403291.png (8 KB, 269x335) Image search: [Google]
1464867403291.png
8 KB, 269x335
>>47868165
Christ, this is neat as fuck.
>>
>>47867741
Hey Gareth ya Jabroni let me write for DSP. I swear it'll make money. 100%, trust me brotha.
>>
>>47868165
>>47868201
Oh shit, I love the homebrewery! The 5e homebrew forum I visit basically requires you to use it these days, because they got sick of ugly plaintext and amateur layouts.

When I say "requires", I mean "they no longer accept 'But I'm just a hobbyist!' as a reason for an ugly layout, and will heartily dock the shit out of your points if your page doesn't look nice", so you're welcome to do it however you like, but if you're not real confident in your layout skills, you're better off just using the brewery.

I'm a fan.
>>
>>47868198
>vorpal hammer
Only slashing weapons can be vorpal.
>>
>>47868106
Yes, and I didn't find it, but also I'm terrible at navigating MEGA, so I figure it's possible it's totally there and I just missed it.

So, again, do we have it?
>>
>>47867388
I PLAYED A PRETTY PRINCESS ONCE. SHE WAS A SORCERESS AND GOOD TIMES WERE HAD BY ALL, ESPECIALLY ME AS I CAN ONLY GET OFF BY DROPPING FISTFULLS OF D6S ON THE TABLE AND ADDING THEM UP WHICH SHE WAS MORE THAN CAPABLE OF DOING.

The nobility thing mostly came up in the form of bluff checks. The GM liked to do an intrigue of the week to keep things above ground as interesting as the things below it, so her and the group's fighter developed a "good noble, bad noble" strategy to lie and intimidate people into doing what they wanted.

Later in the game we encountered an artifact that gave her an ungodly bonus to knowledge (tactics) rolls. By the time she had parlayed her earnings into a military to conquer the world with however, her extensive knowledge of military strategy told her that it would be easier to fireball her enemies personally than to conquer them the hard way.
>>
>>47868234
He gave it vorpal and called it "Crushing", like Vox that Maphistal has except requiring a 20 instead of just a crit.
>>
>>47868255
>except requiring a 20 instead of just a crit
That is how vorpal works, though.
>>
>>47868274
Yes, Maphistal's weapon has Crushing which is like SUPER vorpal.
>>
>>47868274
I believe the 'instead of' was in reference to that special weapon, not Vorpal.
>>
>>47867464
A character in a campaign I'm in is a minor noble. He was given the option under the condition that the entirety of his noble house was destroyed because of a rival noble.

Gives both me and that character a reason for why we want to build up an army and go apeshit.
>>
File: taking my loli and going home.jpg (37 KB, 320x316) Image search: [Google]
taking my loli and going home.jpg
37 KB, 320x316
>>47868246
What do we say when we want something, anon?
>>
>>47868379
I actually spit my drink. Holy shit, that's hilarious.

>>47868210
...Was there a submission somewhere in there?

>>47868003
I. Have no idea, lemme ask the boss.
>>
>>47868379
That's Yuru Yuri isn't it. Shame on you
>>
Finesse weapons or weapon finesse /pfg/?
>>
>>47868412
Not the same anon, but Gareth, thoughts on this?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14DZ9-pXlB340Y-iEjPERaX0yFG6llTUm66-rIGnH5mM/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: 1441526406414.jpg (13 KB, 202x291) Image search: [Google]
1441526406414.jpg
13 KB, 202x291
>>47868379
>What do we say when we want something, anon?

And why would I want it?
>>
>>47868530
I mean, when someone asks if something is available, it's.. usually because they want it?
>>
>>47868580
Only if there is no charge for it.
>>
Critiques please

Weapon Finesse (Combat Proficiency)

Choose one weapon group from the following: light blades, close weapons, and natural weapons.

Prerequisites: Base attack bonus +1.

Benefit: You may use your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier on attack rolls.
Upon reaching base attack bonus +3, you may add your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to damage rolls.

Special: You can gain this proficiency as a feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new weapon group.

Martial* classes begin play with this Proficiency and need not have the prerequisite normally required. This Proficiency stacks with Finesse Training and Weapon Training. A full caster may purchase this Proficiency as a feat.

*martial includes full BAB classes as well as martial partial casting classes (ie, hunter, magus, inquisitor etc)
>>
>>47868651
Finesse

With a finesse weapon you may use your Dex modifier instead of your Str modifier to attack rolls.
A finesse weapon is from the light blade, natural and close weapon groups.
>>
File: zhuge.jpg (202 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
zhuge.jpg
202 KB, 600x800
Which Paizo class would pic related be?
Shaman? Druid? Cleric? Oracle?

leaning toward Lore Shaman atm.
>>
>>47868651
This does not actually apply to a weapon group. The way you have it, it just gives you Dex to hit/damage for everything.
>>
>>47868672
bard
>>
>>47868672
Any class able to afford 50 gp worth of fancy clothes. So all of them.
>>
>>47868684
Why would he be a bard though? Daoist magic come from Nature/Harmony right?
>>
>>47868712
Because he's a hunk with an instrument. Though otherwise >>47868691 is correct, they could be any class.
>>
>>47868605
Sorry anon, from now on, all books will require a monthly contribution to Qanon's Patreon. Don't look at me, I don't make the rules.
>>
>>47868098
>>47868379
>>47868530
>>47868605

Here is Steelforge: Book I:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/qb3cft
>>
>>47868725
Does patreon accept sylph pictures now?
>>
>>47868672
Assuming you want Dynasty Warriors Zhuge Liang, and not his historical counterpart...

I feel like a Spherecaster of some kind would do the job rightly. Plus, a Spheres Ritual takes a while to cast, which matches the long-ass time he takes at Chi Bi.

Maybe just Incanter? Or go middle of the road and say Hedgewitch.

Could roll with the Combat and Spiritualism traditions, which I feel fits him fairly nicely. He's referred to the spirits at least once, if I recall.
>>
>>47868651
Why would it be free for 6 lvl casters but not rogues and ninjas?
What about bards?
>>
File: zhu.jpg (528 KB, 1681x2392) Image search: [Google]
zhu.jpg
528 KB, 1681x2392
>>47868740
Yup. Dynasty Warrior version. I want to slap shit with fan and shoot lightning and stuff....

Too bad my table only allow Paizo content, so that leave me with only little choice..
>>
>>47868732
Yeah but I hear the exchange rate is pretty bad
>>
>>47868729
On a brief skim: kind of a letdown actually. I was pretty excited, but book 1 managed to consist of mostly the items I don't care about, save gravity slimes and warsong instruments.
>>
File: 1426576421167.gif (219 KB, 250x287) Image search: [Google]
1426576421167.gif
219 KB, 250x287
so /pfg/ I'm going to be going into a PF game, and according to the DM, this is the current group:
>Summoner
saw him building his character, really focused on spells that "summon" things, like black tentacles, or wall spells in addition to the normal monsters
>Cleric
(only one I asked about directly, apprently more of a war cleric, but still a healer)
>slayer
going to be played as a a rogue, AFAIK
>ranger
pretty sure it's a drizzt clone, just normal elf instead of drow.
Twin swords, big cat animal companion, the works.
>Swash
literally know nothing about the class/character

And myself, as inquisitor.
Any idea what type of deal I'm getting into? I don't know enough about these classes to know if it's a balanced party, or if we're too much towards "kill"
"kill everything, and as fast as possible"
>>
>>47868799
Maybe Magus might be your best bet then?

And if I recall, War-fans are in pathfinder. Might be exotic though.
>>
>>47868823
Slayer, Ranger and Inquisitor have enough skills to do stuff other than kill.
>>
> spell called warp metal
> target : wooden object

SASAUGE PAIZO
>>
>>47868873
But... there is no Warp Metal spell?
>>
>>47868884
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/w/warp-metal
>>
>>47868832
Fighting fan is the item. They're from Ultimate Combat because Eastern weapons. Exotic, Light, 1d4 (medium) damage w/ 3x crit, Distraction and Monk qualities. Has no listed weight.

Don't ask me why I know this without looking at the book.
>>
so i've been invited to a cheese grinder and it has been ok'd to use Brew fleshcraft poison.

What is the biggest "i win" set up with this feat? (lvl 10 wizard btw)
>>
>>47868962

Feat for relavence

Prerequisites: Caster level 10th, 5 or more ranks in Craft (alchemy).

Benefit: You can create a fleshcrafting poison capable of mimicking one monster ability. Brewing a poison takes 1 day. When you create a fleshcrafting poison, you set the caster level, which can be no higher than your own level. The base price of a temporary fleshcrafting poison is its caster level × the CR of the creature used in the fleshcrafting × 50 gp. To brew a poison, you must use up raw materials costing 1/2 this base price.

The base price of a permanent fleshcrafting poison is its caster level × the CR of the creature used in the fleshcrafting × 1000 gp. To brew a poison, you must use up raw materials costing 1/2 this base price.

Note: If the fleshcrafting is an original creation, use the nearest equivalent monster that possesses a similar body part or ability.
>>
If you were going to have a princess NPC get a few levels in Blackblade magus, what sort of personality would you give the sword for the most fun?
>>
THE PFG TROVE IS UPDATED! A LITTLE BIT, ANYWAY! ONLY A MONTH AND A HALF BEHIND SCHEDULE. QANON IS GETTING THE HANG OF THIS SHIT!

BOOKS YOU'VE ALL DEFINITELY FOUND ELSEWHERE BY NOW BUT CAN NOW FIND HERE INCLUDE:

HELL'S GRUMPOUT 4

INNER SEA INTEREST

MEGUCA TACTICS TOOLBOX

A DECENT PILE OF DSP MONSTER CLASSES; DEVAS, SAVAGE RACES, UNDEADS, ERINEYES. WHERE THE FUCK IS THE JELLO CUBE? APRIL AUGMENTED IN TROVE WHEN?

A DSP ADVENTURE CALLED "THE OPENED MIND" WHICH SOMEHOW QANON HAS LITERALLY NEVER HEARD OF?

THE LATEST VERSIONS OF SPHERES OF POWER + EXPANDED

A DROP DEAD STUDIOS CLASS CALLED THE VAUNTGUARD, SOME KIND OF SPYMASTER TYPE?

A DROP DEAD STUDIOS ROGUE SUPPLEMENT WHOSE LAYOUT IS SO FUCKING GHASTLY IT MAKES QANON WANT TO GIVE HERSELF A LOBOTOMY WITH SOME SORT OF SHOTGUN-CHAINSAW COMBINATION, BECAUSE THAT IS THE ONLY WAY THE KNOWLEDGE OF ITS EXISTENCE WON'T TORMENT HER FOREVER

NOT ACTUALLY IN YET: LIKE TWO OR THREE MONTHS WORTH OF 3PP QANON NEEDS TO SPEND A FEW DAYS SLOWLY CRAMMING INTO THE RIGHT FOLDERS. THIS IS LITERALLY THE WORST PART. DOES ANYONE EVEN LOOK AT HALF OF IT? SOMETIMES QANON WONDERS IF SHE JUST REPLACED THE FILES WITH HENTAI, HOW LONG IT WOULD TAKE SOMEONE TO EVEN COMMENT ON THAT FACT. MAYBE JUST FOR FUN SHE'LL HIDE ONE OR TWO AND SEE IF IT EVER COMES UP..
>>
>>47868674
Oh shit, you're right
Thanks heaps brah, will get to editing

>>47868798
That is an excellent point, thanks heaps brah, will get to editing
>>
>>47868981
Overprotective Maid/Butler Sword
>>
Friend's trying to optimize a level 5 gestalt Barbarian/Brawler for max unarmed damage, what should he do?
>>
>>47868987
KEEP BEING FUCKING AMAZING
AND YES PLEASE DO REPLACE SOME FOLDERS WITH HENTAI, THAT WOULD BE AMAZING
>>
File: enhanced-8100-1396477355-12.jpg (33 KB, 625x517) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-8100-1396477355-12.jpg
33 KB, 625x517
>>47868987
How about you just make a folder full of henties?
>>
>>47868987
NOT KIDDING ABOUT ROGUE GLORY BY THE WAY

THE RULES MIGHT BE PERFECTLY GOOD BUT JUST LOOKING AT IT GIVES QANON A HEADACHE LIKE HER BRAINSTEM IS THE OUTLET OF THE BERMUDA TRIANGLE AND EVERY SHIP EVER LOST IS TRYING TO BLOW THEIR WAY OUT WITH FLARES
>>
>>47868973
>>47868962
The feat has no rules to the point of actually being non functional.
>>
File: Gnomes_Tantrum-Gnome.jpg (80 KB, 603x1008) Image search: [Google]
Gnomes_Tantrum-Gnome.jpg
80 KB, 603x1008
>>47869029
You've made my eyes bleed, I hope you're happy.
>>
>>47869043
You're kinda dumb, aren't you?
>>
>>47869029
>FILE NAME
>PICKS LITERALLY THE ONLY PAGE IN THE BOOK THAT ISN'T IN THREE COLUMN

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND

>>47869015
WHOA THERE LAD OR LASS YOU'RE A BIT TOO EAGER FOR THAT
>>
>>47869057
I don't see a folder for Drop Dead Studios? Where is the book?
>>
>>47869068
It's top level, just like Paizo and DSP products.
>>
File: gee i wonder.png (248 KB, 936x532) Image search: [Google]
gee i wonder.png
248 KB, 936x532
>>47869068
You're kinda blind, aren't you?
>>
>>47869056
Have you looked at the feat? There are no rules to determine what CL the poison should be. There are no requirements. No rules for what qualifies as a monster ability and what doesn't. What spells are needed to craft it. What the DCs to craft them are. It lacks any kind of structure.

It doesn't actually fiction as a feat.
>>
>>47869079
Oh hurr. I thought it was in with the other 3pp.
>>
>>47869092
NAH

QANON IS THE VERY PICTURE OF SUBTLETY WHEN IT COMES TO HER FAVOURITES
>>
>>47868981
Psychotic but super low ego so there's literally no chance it does anything other than yell and occasionally thrash around on its own.
>>
>>47868962
>>47868973
>>47869043

There are a lot more rules then what was posted. For a minor sum of the rules here is the cut and dry

Any under the effects of a fleshcrafting poison suffers a –5 penalty on Charisma-based checks to influence drow.
Those who miss their Fortitude save by 10 or more at the time of the procedure suffer from a –3 penalty on all Fortitude saves.
Each body slot can have one modification via fleshcrafting; any additional fleshcrafting that affects the same body slot replaces the previous modification. Fleshcrafting transformations do not prevent the character from using magic items that occupy the same body slot, unless the modification alters the body slot in such a way as to prevent the item from being worn or manipulated.

>>47869091
There is no spells needed to craft it. That can be gathered from the exampled listed under their cost. The rules for the CL is what the person with the feat wants to make them at (to a max of their own caster lvl) it says it right there in the feat
>>When you create a fleshcrafting poison, you set the caster level, which can be no higher than your own level."
>>
>>47869091
>No rules for what qualifies as a monster ability

Alright, so.

You take a monster.

You look at the statblock.

Does it have a SLA, EX, or SU ability listed?

Yes?

Then that is a monster ability for that monster.
>>
>>47869119
So it sounds like it's completely broken?
>>
>>47869131

Pretty sure that's why anon wanted to use it for a cheese grinder.
>>
>>47869115
Why ever make it above CL1?
>>
>>47869131
It is. It's 100% horseshit and probably the most broken feat you can take, but it's far from non-functional.
>>
>>47869144
Why not just run punpun, punpun's abilities allow it to make rules and monsters work in PF from 3.5

>>47869147
Dispel, I guess? Not like natural or extraordinary abilities can be dispelled.
>>
>>47869147
No reason at all. That's part of why it's bullshit.

If the cost was at least like Monsters CR or HD minimum CL, then it might not be completely retarded, but it's still be nuts.
>>
File: 1466225724984.png (103 KB, 638x825) Image search: [Google]
1466225724984.png
103 KB, 638x825
>>47868987
>>
>>47869147
I don't know I didn't write the feat.

>>47869154

paizo material only, no 3pp
>>
>>47869157

cl x CR x 1000 is still pretty hefty price. even with CL 1
>>
>>47869152
Mainly there is no reason to ever make above CL1. What you do it just give yourself at will greater teleport for like 5k gp.

You'll want to give yourself regeneration and DR both are available. Also resistance. Charisma to all saves. Int to all saves. Construct traits. Undead traits. Etheralness. Those off the top of my head. Also massive racial bonuses to skills.
>>
>>47869163
Punpun can make themself paizo material. But isn't this a homebrew feat anyways? That's the same as 3pp just not published.

>>47869168
Bollocks, not for some of the abilities you can get.
>>
Is Scarlet Throne the only discipline with maneuvers that trade a normal attack roll out for a skill check (in ST's case, Sense Motive)? Zenith Strikes are fantastic, but there's a significant issue with trying to use them repeatedly - you can't recover any maneuver in the round you used it - so I'd like to know if there's any others, both for repetition and variety's sake.
>>
>>47869159
I don't know what I'm looking at.
>>
>>47869175
Dweomercat Cub full-attack infinite range immediate action pounce if you ever get a spell cast on you ever, even if you save/fail/SR resist/it misses/across planar boundaries
>>
>>47869175
Also 7th level Druid casting is a Nymph Su ability.
>>
>>47869175

What gives int to all saves? And what is cr 5 with at-will teleport?

>>47869177

pun-pun is a 3.5 dnd created character using 3.5 dnd feats and abilities. He is powerful but he can't effect real life publishing.
>>
>>47869195
Punpun has the ability to make abilities at will, punpun can make an ability to affect real life publishing.
>>
>>47869195
Most very small Outsiders like Cacodaemons have greater teleport self at-will at like CR 3, dude.
>>
File: 1466305580784.jpg (155 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
1466305580784.jpg
155 KB, 640x720
>>47868987
>>
>>47869195
Another one will give you immunity to spells as a golem.
>>
>>47869206
Be sure to grab a Moss Troll (CR 4)'s Regeneration 5 (Fire), but also a Small Fire Elemental (CR 3)'s Fire Immunity, so you can be a ghetto tarrasque.

Take Die Hard so you can keep taking actions while in the negatives to boot.
>>
>>47869206

will-o-wisp is better and lower CR

>>47869201
Cacodaemons don't have greater teleport at will. Not on the d20pfsrd at least.
>>
>>47869200

no..... no he can't.
>>
>>47869206
Also 20k will but you 20 levels of at will 1st-4th spell like abilities & 20 levels of 3/day 5th-8th level, Heal on self every time you kill a creature and control over mindless swarms. Also 2 initiatives.
>>
File: 1461660533178.jpg (77 KB, 596x412) Image search: [Google]
1461660533178.jpg
77 KB, 596x412
>>47869015
>>47869019
>Dreamscarred Press
>Drop Dead Studios
>Other 3pp
>Paizo
>Paizuri
>>
>>47869225
Oh, sorry, I was thinking of invisibility at-will, the small ones have that often.

No, what you want is the Mnemor Devil. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/devil/devil-mnemor

It has greater teleport at-will with no restrictions. Also he's the Silence from Dr. Who, so you should grab that ability while you're at it.
>>
>>47869232
For only 23k you can get Wish once a day from a Solar as well.
>>
Hey QANON, do you guys have the Spymaster's Handbook yet? Kinda interested in the Teisatsu and Agathiel archetypes if you don't mind spoiling.
>>
>>47869232
Casting at a 20th level Druid is 15k, 19th level cleric is 20k.
>>
>>47869232

The first one looks like master of magic, what is the heal on kill and control over swarms and 2 initiatives?

>>47869235

Not bad on the mnemor devil. But the easily forgotten ability doesn't seem that powerful with a dc 16 will, and anon only hav limited slots to use 14 IIRC for body slots
>>
>>47869250
Balor stuff for the first two, Rakshasa did the initiative.

Also summoning a demon lord to fight for you once a day is 29k.

This isn't funny broken, it's retard broken.
>>
>>47869250
Anon, you realize if YOU possess the ability, it uses YOUR stats, right?

The DC is 16 because the Mnemor Devil has shitty Charisma, the default ability score for abilities with saves that don't specify their basis (the formula for monsters is 10 + 1/2 HD + CHA mod, so 16 for Mnemor).

It really isn't hard to give this to the Sorcerer and have it be DC 20+.

Fleshcrafting doesn't have body slots, I don't know what you're talking about there.
>>
>>47868987
Thank you qanon, you are the best
>>
File: 1466391849205.png (13 KB, 480x323) Image search: [Google]
1466391849205.png
13 KB, 480x323
>>47869233
>>
>>47868962
>>47868973
>>47869115

Might as well go all out with wish 3 times a day from the efeeti CR 8 for CL 11th wishs.

Will-o-wisp magic immunity
>>47869260
Read>>47869115
>>Each body slot can have one modification via fleshcrafting

Also
>> Caster level 10th (lvl 10 wizard btw)

At lvl 10 the only class that can get this feat then is the wizard because of its bonus feat at lvl 10. A sorc can't get this till 12.
>>
>>47869272
Ah, that is better than a solar. I thought it was worded as wishes to anyone but itself.
>>
>>47869245
IT'S SAFE TO ASSUME THAT SPYMASTER'S HANDBOOK WILL TAKE AT LEAST A WEEK, MAYBE TWO, SORRY
>>
>>47869005
>>47869113
Both good ideas, thanks anons!
>>
>>47869280

Yeah me too but I wanted to check to make sure.

So currently we have this list for anon:

Will o wisp
Efeeti
Balor lord master of magic
Balor ???????? heal on killing things
Mnemor Devil: Greater teleport will
Rakshasa duel initiative
Moss troll Regeneration 5(fire)
Small fire elemental fire immunity

that's a good 8 right there. Aside from the master of magic and wishes doesn't look like to much offensive power. Maybe some kind of breath weapon from a dragon? Maybe not fire or cold since those are pretty common immunities.
>>
What class can I dip to get Wisdom to AC?
>>
>>47869313
You forgot dweomercat spell pounce shit.

>>47869318
Monk
>>
>>47869313
Why go for the Moss Troll regeneration when you could go for the Tarrasque? It's 40, and easy to afford when you have wish.
>>
>>47869321

the leap is nice but for a caster...? A full attack doesn't seem that useful.

>>47869330
good point assuming lvl 10 starting gold that is easily affordable
>>
>>47869330
You can't RAW Wish for it to stop working, unlike the Tarrasque's.
>>
>>47869357
I don't think that rule was transferred from 3.5
>>
>>47869357
You can't wish for the tarrasque to die in PF.
>>
>>47869287
Yo, how do we contact you with books? I've got a thing about drawbacks and shit that I think people would enjoy.
>>
How would you stop the wish abuse?

Monsters have rights too
>>
Hey everyone im
>>47868962

And here are more details for the cheesegrinder. (Ty all for pitching in btw)

25 pt buy, 80k gold for gear/equipment/spells/whatever, lvl10 any race(no monsters with HD or cr)/class/archetypes as long as it is a paizo source, pathfinder rules, only 2 traits, nothing from mythis or hero pts, expect to die from a bunch of homebrew cr 10("ish") encounters rangeing from traps, monsters, etc. Bring your best.
>>
>>47869385
VOLCANOHOUND IS BACK IN ACTION, YOU CAN SEND THEM TO HIM FOR MOST EXPEDIENT CLEANING

https://notehub.org/7jxsr
>>
File: Robin Steel.png (131 KB, 490x265) Image search: [Google]
Robin Steel.png
131 KB, 490x265
There's a campaign coming up in a few weeks (setting is vaguely fantasy apocalyptic a la FF Crystal Chronicles "lethal mist is everywhere, town is fucked unless you periodically venture out to gather the renewing mcguffins that stave it off"), and I got hooked on the idea of a soft-spoken girl who moonlights as a wisecracking thrill-seeking bandito. Got my pic related and punny name and everything ready, now I've just gotta dive into the mechanics.

I've read over the vigilante and it's certainly fitting fluff-wise, but I'm not too proficient with the better or worse options, so I'd appreciate some pointers or even a build. Hell, it doesn't have to be a vigilante-- I'd be fine with any build that you guys think would fit pic related (though I'd like to avoid spell lists if possible).

Third party is allowed on a case-to-case basis, the GM is pretty cool with new ideas, though PoW and SoP have been banned solely because our group has played the hell out of both already.

Help an anon in need?
>>
>>47869431
Robin YourHeart
>>
>>47869289
>Princess sitting in council, sword leaned somewhere nearby
>Discussion turns to bandit problem
>Sword falls over while screaming about putting their heads on stakes and tying the viscera into cute little bows you like cute little bows right
>Princess puts the sword away while everyone else has a polite coughing fit
>>
How bad is it to be a tier 3 class if the campaign start at level 12?
>>
>>47869467
c u c k e d
>>
>>47867443
the "benefits" of being nobility in real life were being tied to one area, never being able to really trust anyone, mandatory learning business and leadership... and potentially fucking it all up and getting yourself and a lot of other people killed.

Yeah it was 'cushy' and you were 'rich', but it was also a shit-ton of work... that was if you were a "main branch" of the family, otherwise you may as well be some fucking cousin of a cousin of a lannister obligated to military service.
>>
File: 1449533962480.png (129 KB, 314x278) Image search: [Google]
1449533962480.png
129 KB, 314x278
Do you guys pay for PDFs, find them elsewhere, or just use what is freely available?
>>
>>47869497
I pay for PDFs I enjoy and want to support. I don't pay for PDFs that I need one or two features out of, though, I just steal those.

For example I bought the princess class from earlier today about ten seconds after I finished reading it
>>
>>47869318
Dervish Defender OD Warder.
>>
>>47869497
Is this a thinly veiled "how I mine for PDFs"? There's a trove link in the pastebin above. Our beloved princess QAnon brings us more PDFs than it's probably humanly possible to read. I don't know how other anon does it, but personally, I read the ones with interesting names, buy the few that turn out to be actually cool and (listen closely because this is very important) NEVER BUY PAIZO'S.
>>
>>47869389

Going from paizo's offical website on monster rules you should find the following at lowest CR you can.

Undead traits (ex) (This one is easy to get a simple spookington also notice this does NOT make you undead so pos energy still heals as normal)

split (ex) (an ooze of some kind my guess, have an army of yourself running through the cheese grinder)

Spell resistance (will probility go high for this one to supplament the will o wisp magic immunity, unless im forgetting something)

SPL (to many to name but a bunch of great ones out there)

see in darkness (see even indeeper darkness)

Regeneration (already talked about the might godzilla)

Psychic magic (more spells pretty much)

lifesense

incorporeal (crazy mad stuff about this)

immunity (too many to list/name)

Formian traits are a must have for any caster from what I can tell
*Darkvision 60 blindsense 30
*hive mind Formians share a telepathic bond with ther members of their hive that enhances their hive mates’ perception. As long as a formian is within telepathic range of at least one hive mate, it gains a +4 racial bonus on initiative checks and Perception checks. If at least one formian disbelieves an illusion, all formians within its telepathic range are also considered to disbelieve that illusion. If one formian is aware of combatants, all other hive mates within the range of its telepathy are also aware of those combatants
*resistance to sonic 10
*telepathic caster Due to a formian’s telepathic nature, if it casts spells it does so as spell-like abilities. [Bam no more spell cost for any of your spells]
*Telepathy 60ft
(the hivemind seems ok with +4 to initiative and perception but other than that is useless, and all of the * stuff is listed under a single listing, more bang for your buck)

Flight (too many to list)

Fast healing (stacks with regen)

Cont.
>>
File: RibbonComic1.jpg (212 KB, 600x673) Image search: [Google]
RibbonComic1.jpg
212 KB, 600x673
>>47869190
Ribbon dreaming about being a sleep while dreaming about being asleep etc etc.
>>
File: 20160615-Gomis.jpg (212 KB, 717x1000) Image search: [Google]
20160615-Gomis.jpg
212 KB, 717x1000
Ohaiyo gozaimasu!!!
>>
>>47869572
That's either supercute or turbocute, I haven't mastered superlative use yet. Maybe hypercute?

Where's that from?
>>
>>47869445
And that settles my choice, going with this for sure! Butler sword will be for a different character, but the current one better contrasts with the psycho sword. I also liked the specifics about the low ego so it will rarely if ever be a psycho-princess situation.
>>
>>47869570

Cont.

empyreal Lord traits (another big bundle one)
weapons treated as good and epic for overcoming DR
blind sense 60
greater teleport at will (cl 20th)
immunity to ability damage, drain, charm, compulsion, death, energy drain, petrification
regeneration (evil and epic to overcome)

dual initiative (already talked about)

that already is a huge list to sort through. GL with your cheesegrinder anon, tell us how it went.
>>
>>47869497

>paying for anything other than food and a roof
>ever

lmao
>>
File: RibbonComic3.jpg (203 KB, 600x673) Image search: [Google]
RibbonComic3.jpg
203 KB, 600x673
>>47869578
Ribbon. A drawfag that used to lurk around these parts, but got chased off because /tg/ hates content.
>>
>>47869606
>You wouldn't download a car . jpg
>>
OKAY /pfg/ QANON GOTS A QUESTION FOR THE SICK FUCKS AMONG US

THERE'S AN ASSLOAD OF CHRIS FIELD'S BLACK JAPAN SPLATBOOKS IN THE 3PP PILE

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHO CHRIS FIELD IS.. IMAGINE THE INCARNATION OF EVERY "THAT GUY" STORYTIME WHO TRIED TO TURN THE GAME INTO A FETISH HENTAI, AND THEN GIVE HIM AN ONGOING CONTRACT TO PUBLISH SPLATBOOKS

IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT BLACK JAPAN IS, IMAGINE THE MOST FETISHIZED INCARNATION OF MODERN JAPAN YOU CAN, AND THEN TURN THE FETISHOMETER UP FURTHER, AND THEN FUCK IT JUST KEEP TURNING IT UNTIL YOUR KNOB BREAKS OFF

QANON'S NOT SURE WHETHER IT BELONGS IN THE TROVE, SINCE IT'S TECHNICALLY D20 MODERN CONTENT, BUT SOME OF IT'S PF-COMPATIBLE. WHAT DOES ANON SAY?
>>
>>47869576
What the fuck
>>
>>47869611
If I could, I would.

Fuel too.
>>
>>47867741
What is Scum of Shatterdown?
>>
>>47869634
Probably don't bother.

If you can find a copy of The Book of Distinctions and Drawbacks, by Cryptosnark Games, then upload the shit out of it. It's a great book. I'd send it, but paranoia.
>>
>>47869606
ANON, MAYBE IN LIKE A DECADE OR TWO THAT'LL BE TRUE.

BUT RIGHT NOW? THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THE SHIT YOU LOVE NEED TO PAY THOSE SAME BILLS, SO MAYBE DON'T MOCK THE PEOPLE WHO HELP THEM DO THAT, AND IN SO DOING, ALLOW THEM TO MAKE MORE OF THE SHIT YOU LOVE. MAYBE YOU CAN'T OR DON'T WANT TO, BUT IF NOBODY DOES, THEN NOTHING GETS MADE.

>>47869648
DON'T HAVE IT RIGHT NOW, SENDING IT IN WOULD BE CRAZY HELPFUL! WHY PARANOIA?
>>
>>47869634
Don't bother. It's a huge waste of time.
>>
>>47869709

>IF NOBODY DOES, THEN NOTHING GETS MADE

my primary hobby is reading fanfiction, so nah you're talking out of your caps lock ass
>>
>>47869709
Because directly sending it means potential legal issues, doesn't it?
>>
>>47869728
That fanfiction needs a baseline franchise to get made about, Anon.
>>
>>47869728
>hosting fanfic doesn't cost money
>>
>>47869738
I mean, technically yes, that is a minuscule possibility, but that's what cleaners are FOR, stripping your personally identifiable information out of the PDF. Even if it somehow turns out that Qanon and VH are both some kind of weird FBI long con, they have no way to prove that your PDF actually came from you instead of being stolen. Worst case (and I've literally never heard of even this happening), your account at whatever site you bought the PDF from might get banned.
>>
>>47869728
>he doesn't understand that most fanfic writers are aspiring to be professional writers
>if there's no writing profession left, then who is going to aspire to it
>>
>>47869770
I also can't send it to the Volcanohound thing because I don't know where it was bought. I recieved it from a friend, and as far as I've seen, it hasn't been uploaded damn near anywhere. There's apparently a Modern version too, that was expanded on. It's like $5.95
>>
http://docslide.us/documents/book-of-distinctions-and-drawbacks.html

Here's the thing on Docslide, at least.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/17697/The-Book-of-Distinctions--Drawbacks-Modern?it=1

And the Modern version, which I have yet to find anywhere.

And apparently it exists as a bundle? http://www.minasithil.com/cryptosnarkgames/catalog.html
>>
>>47869800
That thing about "tell me where you bought it" isn't really that important. I've never actually told the guy where I bought anything and I've sent in dozens of books. It's helpful to know but not really that necessary
>>
>>47869811
DOCSLIDE ONE IS ADDED TO THE TROVE
>>
>>47869856
Fucking beautiful. It's a real useful book.
>>
>>47869644
3d-printed cars powered by 3d-printed solar panels when
>>
>>47870111
In the 3d-printed future, 3d-printed anon
>>
>>47870114
>3d-printed anon
That's some dangerous territory there, friend.

Aasimov was right, we're gonna have download-able clones for lewd
>>
File: the inevitable end.gif (216 KB, 262x195) Image search: [Google]
the inevitable end.gif
216 KB, 262x195
>>47870126
>>
>>47868820
Sorry to hear that, Anon. Number two is already set, but what stuff were you looking forward to? Other than nonmagical enhancement, just about anything is open game for the third
>>
>>47870198
Oh man, is non-magical enhancement gonna be a thing?

I'm excited about this. Lots of excited about it. Will it only be weapons, or will there be stuff for armor, too?
>>
>>47870198
Nah, no worries, mate, I've seen the playtests, I know stuff I want is coming, it just didn't make it in this book.
>>
>>47870198
Baneposting class template when?
>>
>>47870198
Hey, question here, actually. The Autoloader Magazine.

If you apply poison to a bolt, and put that bolt in the mag via the third ability, are you able to repeatedly use the poisoned bolts?

Also, dunno if it'd be too much, but maybe the Lesser/Normal/Greater should have a thing where each can store up to 1/2/3 bolts per, rather than being locked to one. Or an upgrade item that adds that function onto it?
>>
Does anyone have any experience with playing while drunk?

It will take place during a dwarf family reunion but I'm not sure how to handle it. We already had little drinking game but nothing too much.

I'm not exactly sure how to handle that as a DM. And how to use Pathfinder rules for this little event.

Any fun idea?

I'm also looking for some light musics for the mood like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRVcX23x6s4
>>
>>47870209
It will be, just will take work that I'm struggling to find time for.

>>47870222
Cool, good to know. Still curious about what you liked, though, lets the team know what was a success.

>>47870283
See the first response. I have the very basics of the ability list, but it still needs balancing (currently a bit underwhelming) and the list of what it replaces in the classes. Elric didn't let on how tough that part was, major respect points.

>>47870284
That's not intended, need to reread what I wrote to see if it would work by RAW. The swapping thing, I'm waiting for much more extensive playtest data before adding more stuff to crossbows specifically. I've done some rather crazy things as it stands starting around level 8
>>
>>47870444
Look up Beltaine on Youtube. They've got a ton of sorta chill village music type stuff.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i7g7xeLGi0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnlBkq11rKw

>>47870471
This is the exact text on the item, and as far as I'm aware, Poison is indeed an alchemical effect. Now, granted, this technically means you could get a lot of value out of it, but poison is also kinda god-awful and typically useless.
This box magazine looks like it belongs on a repeating
crossbow. In reality, it can fit onto any crossbow at all,
resizing itself to accommodate. When attached as a full-
round action, a small slot appears near the top, and the
magazine itself appears to hover a fraction of an inch over
the path of the crossbow’s systems. It can be removed by
the wielder as a move action.
This has several effects. First, the inside is much larger
than the outside, holding up to 20 bolts. Second, it slowly
generates new mundane ammunition. Least generates one
per turn, lesser two, and greater three. Third, it assists when
the user recocks and reloads the crossbow, reducing the
action required by one type (full-round to move to free).
It has one more capability. If a crossbow bolt is inserted
into the slot as a full-round action, all ammunition currently
in the magazine and the new ammunition produced from
that point on becomes copies of it instead of their default
state. This includes all mundane, material, alchemical, and
magical properties (but not temporary magical effects,
such as magic weapon or named bullet). This lasts for 24
hours, or until a new bolt is inserted.
No bolt can be removed from the autoloader magazine
without destroying it, other than by firing. Bolts fired from
it disappear after use and cannot be retrieved.
>>
>>47870471
What crazy stuff have you done with it?
>>
Can I go into melee as Shaman with this stat array (post racial adjustment)

STR 12
DEX 12
CON 12
INT 14
WIS 18
CHA 12

I really want to use Arcane Enlightenment, but I also don't like being helpless in melee.

I can use Guided weapon enhancement, so attack and damage should be fine. I'm more worry about AC and survival ability.
>>
>>47870492
The important thing for Shaman is being MtF.
As long as you're trans you'll get all the powers.
>>
my bard fucked a drow queen and only lost one level to penalties
>>
>>47870504
Shit dude where're my powers then? Did I trans wrong?
>>
>>47870509
But anon, normal Drow don't cause level loss.

I guess she was into Domination & Enervation.
>>
>>47870444

Some of my friends still joke about that time when I was very tired and sligtly drunk. Apparently, my inquisitor told some thugs in the DM's grimdark world "Look, I don't want to kill more people today, here's the 100 gp you would have got from mugging shits this week, get out of my face, okay?"
>>
>>47870484
Alright, I see the gray area. It depends on counting the poison as being part of the crossbow bolt, which I don't.

>>47870489
It involved going all-in on a Double Crossbow, on my phone right now so I can't reference the sim, but it put a LOT of ammo into the air.
>>
>>47870509

To what - magical STDs, curses, her being a third succubus?
>>
>>47870551
In this particular case, it's in reference to abilities that work either like the Grenadier Alchemist:

Alchemical Weapon (Su)

At 2nd level, a grenadier can infuse a weapon or piece of ammunition with a single harmful alchemical liquid or powder, such as alchemist's fire or sneezing powder, as a move action.

This action consumes the alchemical item, but transfers its effect to the weapon in question. The alchemical item takes full effect on the next creature struck by the weapon, but does not splash, spread, affect additional targets, or benefit from any other effects that specifically affect splash weapons. Any extra damage added is not doubled on a critical hit. The alchemical treatment causes no harm to the weapon treated, and wears off 1 minute after being applied if no blow is struck. Infusing a new alchemical item also removes the effect of any alchemical liquid or powder previously applied with this ability. At 6th level, a grenadier can use her alchemical weapon ability as a swift action. At 15th level, this ability becomes a free action.

Or like this:

An alchemical quiver is a standard quiver with pockets capable of carrying up to 30 lbs of alchemical items. When drawing an arrow, one of those items, such as an acid flask, may be applied to it. This is a free action, and any alchemical item up to 5 lbs can be applied to the arrow before it is fired, where the alchemical item has its usual effects in addition to the arrow's. Alchemical arrows can be continually fired as long as there is enough of the item available.

The basic intent of it is to have the ability to apply alchemical effects to the bolts and be able to switch them on the fly. Basically make a crossbow using Batman/Green Arrow deal thing with utility arrows and stuff for damage when it gets rough.
>>
>>47870512
Did you by any chance COMPLETE the transition?
Because I think they lose their status if they lose "muh struggolz"
>>
>>47870551
A Minotaur-Double can be made very powerful, but we're still doing a lot just to catch up to "composite longbow".
>>
>>47870666
That'd do it. I made the classical mistake of moving the fuck on with my life. I already know I'd wasted the chance for infinite Patreon victimbux, but I missed out on magical powers too? Fuck!
>>
>>47869467
Not at all. What's the rest of the party, and what class are you?
>>
What rules should be used to play diplomatic missions/ambassadorial relations games?
>>
>>47870747
Ultimate Intrigue.
:^)
>>
How to abuse Ascetic Style?
Amulet of Mighty Fist
Bodywrap of Mighty Strike
Deliquescent Gloves

what else?
>>
>>47868674
>>47868798
Critiques please

Choose one weapon group from the following: light blades, close weapons, monk weapons, and natural weapons.

Benefit: With your selected weapon group, you may use your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier on attack rolls.
Upon reaching base attack bonus +3, and with your selected weapon group, you may add your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to damage rolls.

Special: You can gain this proficiency as a feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new weapon group.

Certain* classes begin play with this Proficiency and need not have the prerequisite normally required. This Proficiency stacks with Finesse Training and Weapon Training. A full caster may purchase this Proficiency as a feat.

*certain classes includes full BAB classes as well as 3/4 BAB classes (ie, rogue, ninja, bard, hunter, magus, inquisitor etc).
>>
>>47870906
Why weapon groups ffs? This makes it impossible to use with cool weapons like ECB.
Make it "any finesseable weapon" instead.
>>
>>47870919
Bro, you can apply this proficiency/feat to the elven curve blade because it's specifically spelled out to be modifiable with weapon finesse
>>
What was the name of the feat that granted your Animal Companion all your teamwork feats? There was one added like this wasn't there?
>>
>>47870919
Not any of those guys, you sure like finessable weapons
>>
>>47870919
Literally wat, what's impossible

>Special: You can gain this proficiency as a feat multiple times. Its effects do not stack. Each time you take the feat, it applies to a new weapon group.
>>
>>47870980
How? ECB is in none of those weapon groups.
Clarify that shit.
>>
>>47871076
>You can use the Weapon Finesse feat to apply your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to attack rolls with an elven curve blade sized for you, even though it isn't a light weapon.
>>
>>47871115
>Choose one weapon group from the following: light blades, close weapons, monk weapons, and natural weapons.

This homebrew feat doesn't allow for it.
>>
>>47871076
>>47871115
>>47871124
Specific trumps general
>>
What spheres of power talent should I get?

Playing a nuker incanter, focusing on fire but I have more talents for other things

Party is a paladin, skald, magus, and a nightblade
>>
>>47871115
>>47871140
What weapon group do you use for it to apply to ECB? Any?
>>
>>47871144
Do you have Focused Blast?
>>
>>47871140
The problem is that there's no general to trump in this case. The real weapons finesse applies to ALL finesse weapons by default. This one just applies to weapon groups. There's no way to "use" it with an elven curve blade.
>>
>>47871124
The description in the elven curve blade specifically calls out it to work. Now not having the scimitar finessable, that is shit
>>
>>47871144
Whichever one that allows you to either reshape or exclude allies from your blast

Or you could get Crystal Blast for those times when fire won't work and you want to lock enemies down for your allies to hit
>>
>>47871069
It's an excessive feat tax for no real reason, when you could literally just add "It's also usable with any weapon that's finesseable too" to the feat.
>>
>>47871171
Scimitars are light blades.
>>
Thoughts please

Choose one weapon group from the following: light blades, close weapons, finessable weapons, monk weapons, and natural weapons.

Benefit: With your selected weapon group, you may use your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier on attack rolls.
Upon reaching base attack bonus +3, and with your selected weapon group, you may add your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier to damage rolls.

Certain* classes begin play with this Proficiency and need not have the prerequisite normally required. This Proficiency stacks with Finesse Training and Weapon Training. A full caster may purchase this Proficiency as a feat.

*certain classes includes full BAB classes as well as 3/4 BAB classes (ie, rogue, ninja, bard, hunter, magus, inquisitor etc).
>>
Here is Psionics Augmented: Living Legend, everyone's favorite Intelligence-SAD, vaguely binder-like, storybook-addicted soulknife archetype:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/2jdlmr

If you enjoy this product, consider supporting its author, Forrest, by purchasing the PDF directly from the Dreamscarred Press website:
http://dreamscarred.com/product/psionics-augmented-living-legend-pdf/
>>
>>47871209
>storybook-addicted

I haven't been paying attention to DSP's non-PoW stuff. Whats this?
>>
>>47871207
Congrats, you did it.
>>
>>47871207
Now write it in less words and more concisely you fuck
>>
>>47871152
>>47871173

I'm limited to fire only due to blast focus, yeah. The issue isn't what I need for my nuking, but what I should get for any other purposes. What else is useful?
>>
>>47871219
Excellent, thanks heaps brahs
>>
>>47871237
Granted, this guy

>>47871224

has a good point. It's mechanically sound, but could use cleaning up.

Weapon Finesse

Benefit: Choose one weapon group; Natural weapons, monk weapons, close weapons, or light blades.

With the selected group, you may use your Dexterity instead of Strength on attack rolls. At 3rd level, you may use Dexterity in place of Strength for Damage, or Strength-based ability DCs involving the weapon. Additionally, this feat may be used with any weapon typically eligible for Weapon Finesse.

Special: Full BaB and 3/4 BaB classes gain this as a Proficiency automatically. Other classes can purchase it with a feat.
>>
>>47871231
No, I mean the Focused Blast talent, from the Destruction book. If you don't apply a shape, you get +1 damage per dice.
>>
>>47871265
Oh, the handbook. No, i'll get that right now thanks.
>>
>>47871217

The living legend is an Intelligence-based soulknife archetype. It is an in-game manifestation of the player who is constantly beset by new ideas on characters to play, by giving the character the ability to be a different hero with a different loadout of capacities (well, between a selection of seven different heroes) each adventuring day.

If 3.5's binder and Radiance's House occultist (R.I.P. tier 3 cavalier [pactsworn knight]) are insufficient for your "play a different character each day" needs, then the soulknife (living legend) might be for you.

The living legend will soon be joined by the other vaguely binder-like offerings in Psionics Augmented: Occult, the aegis (host of heroes) and the medium (empath), both of which can be Intelligence-based (although the second is called the "rune seer" in that case). We do not need any Charisma in Pathfinder, do we now? Both archetypes can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pZCqqDCNYMTMXo56HPDKK61r-_H2qVO6Ydoz-F9FIhM/edit
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NMamgmha06ojsDqMjeR0u91UkVChpo0I3tgrIdc2vIk/edit
>>
>>47871262
Dex mod and Str mod, anon; +18 to hit from Dex wouldn't be too bad though
Not 3rd level though, I think he wants to emulate his weapon focus re-write
>>
>>47871302
Oh wow this is really neat. What's the best mythic path to pick for it?

And how do I get the Int-SAD?
>>
>>47871262
Not bad but not as good, his autistic write-ups aren't bad
>>
>>47871297
Greater Blas5 is also good.
>>
>>47871332

>What's the best mythic path to pick for it?
Considering that this is still a full-BAB, d10 HD physical attacker at heart, the Champion or the Trickster would allow a soulknife (living legend) to make the best use of their offensive abilities and consistently full attack.

Dreamscarred Press's Overmind mythic path is a dreadfully-designed mess even by mythic standards.

>And how do I get the Int-SAD?
Take the Focused Offense blade skill for Intelligence-based attack rolls and damage rolls. Add your preferred mix of the Orator feat, the Clever Wordplay social trait, the Cunning Liar regional trait, the Pragmatic Activator magic trait, and/or the Student of Philosophy social trait to use Intelligence in place of skills that would normally call for Charisma.
>>
>>47871302
More like 20+ load outs. You pick two of the seven. Even with a really focused feat layout, you can easily have 5-6 arrangements to use. It's kinda nuts like that, but way less overwhelmingly powerful than a PsiArm
>>
>>47871433
Touhou, don't you have a hole to be crawled up in sobbing because you're shit?
>>
>>47871483
Whoa whoa, what the goddamn fuck
>>
>>47871483
They were being helpful this time, try to be encouraging!
>>
>>47871262
>Additionally, this feat may be used with any weapon typically eligible for Weapon Finesse.
This doesn't make sense in context of this feat as you're rewriting it, you'll getting into the cycle of that anon again: you need to spell out that shit
>>
>>47871483
You realise a lot of people post touhou art, right?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.