[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SCP RPG Art Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 1418597926633.jpg (863 KB, 1500x910) Image search: [Google]
1418597926633.jpg
863 KB, 1500x910
SCP RPG Art Thread
>>
>>47865754
SCP is dumb, and an RPG of it would be even dumber.
>>
The concept wouldn't be based off of the actual video game slender clone. You'd actually be a team of higher rank within the organization as a Mobile Task Force. Your job, Secure Contain Protect with minimal witnesses and casualties. Using the entire SCP database as your Monster Manual. Visiting the entire world with various environments as well as anything within the Sci-fi genre. I know it doesn't appeal to everyone, but I also don't care.
>>
>>47866108
>Using the entire SCP database as your Monster Manual.
There's your problem right there. Everything there is masturbatory fanfiction-tier writing, kills people instantly and arbitrarily, or just isn't suited to any kind of interesting encounter. It's not a universe made for playing around in.
>>
Yes, but just like in any RPG with insta-death effects. They'd have to be under a certain HP and they get a CON save. Additionally 5e adds death saves, and the variant rules that add vitality works beautifully with it. Additionally, the SCP code named as Able, real biblical shit, was known to pretty much kill any poor bastard standing between him and the exit. But when they weaponized Able, he picked his own team. Because everyone on that team had a past of not only surviving him but bringing him down. Finally, no RPG universe is safe, and I admit rules will need to be made when stating the enemies. But if you think four above average people (average DnD party) are supposed to be able to take down a massive dragon (standard RPG) then you're a bit delusional.
>>
File: 1459118023655.jpg (664 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1459118023655.jpg
664 KB, 1600x1200
>>47865754
I had a design for an SCP board game a while back, never got very far.

Everyone would control a different group of interest vying for control of SCPs and regions of the world. You'd draw cards and randomly place skips on the map, then players would commit forces to try and contain or destroy them. Like in the old Avalon hill Dune game you wouldn't know how many troops everyone else was going to commit, and any covert assets you sent out would be lost. At the end of every round you would advance the 'doomsday clock' based on what SCPs were still 'in the wild' and how much terror they were capable of causing, and if the clock struck midnight everyone would lose, meaning that too much infighting while the monsters got away would be costly.

Also like the Dune game, all the factions would have different strengths, weaknesses, and objectives

The Foundation would have to contain and research as many skips as possible, their strength would be that they could establish corporate funding streams and make use of the special powers granted by some artifacts after researching them

The GOC would try to destroy as many skips as possible. They'd be the best at direct combat, and get bonuses from national governments supporting them.

MC&D would try to capture and sell as many skips as possible. They'd have massive amounts of money but be terrible in direct combat, preferring to buy people off or hire mercenaries

The Chaos Insurgency would try to take over as much territory as possible using paranormal artifacts. They'd be pretty weak but would be able to use the 'terror factor' of any SCPs they controlled to bend regions of the globe to their will, and they'd also be able to use any research benefits the Foundation discovered

Finally, either Are We Cool Yet or Serpent's Hand, who would win if the doomsday clock reached midnight. They'd be very weak, but able to use artifacts to their advantage, and in a way they have the easiest objective of all.
>>
File: killsprite.gif (47 KB, 550x79) Image search: [Google]
killsprite.gif
47 KB, 550x79
>>47865809
>>
>>
>>47865809
This is bait
>>
>>47866579
herhis? face looks like its made out of rubber.
>>
I don't think it's a real person
>>
>>47867743
It's a render. You can see the final gather sampling graininess on the forearm and on the torso behind the gun, and there's also the fact that every crease is rounded, most likely because of normal map filtering, or just the fact that it was a rushed sculpt in zbrush.
>>
I had an idea for running this once. The scp "world" is incredibly deadly, so my plan was that the player characters have been exposed to an SCP that revives them on the event of their death. The Foundation exploits this by sending them on a strike team, to test side effects and how many times they can be revived, and as a source of "trial and error" containment procedures for any SCPs they capture.

Still very deadly, still risk of side effects from constant deaths, but still giving the players a chance to explore their characters and roleplay.
>>
>>47865754
>>47866108
>>47866290
>>47866483
>>47870235
>SCP RPG
You all know Delta Green exists, right?
>>
>>47866290
You know other RPGs exist besides D&D/PF, right?
>>
File: 1155.jpg (96 KB, 500x660) Image search: [Google]
1155.jpg
96 KB, 500x660
>>47865809
I once did an SCP scenario for my usual group. It was pretty fun.

>characters are members of mobile task force "City Slickers", charged with the surveillance of the haunted apartment of SCP-602, in New York.
>As they are killing time, a new mission order comes in for the team - an unknown supernatural creature is kidnaping/killing people somewhere in town (I choosed SCP-1155, an owlman painting that moves only when out of sight and kills people by grabbing them into it's own pocket dimension). They must find and contain whathever it is
>cue an MIB-like investigation, passing as federal agents with the help of some forged papers
>finding and interrogating eye witnesses, searching for clues, the works
>After some irl hours, they finally discover what the creature is, and more or less grasp how it's powers work
> SCP-1155 is now out for them, appearing and disapearing out of the corner of their eyes all day long. They retreat inside of SCP-602's building
>After an unnerving night, one of them clearly spots the creature watching him from afar, nested in a graffiti on the wall of the courtyard. He maintains eye contact with it
>He instructs the other PC's, telling them to grab all the cameras that they can get and to point them on the creature, connected to an array of monitors
> They constantly relayed themselves afterwards to keep an eye on it, effectively trapping it for good (but prefered to later find a way to eliminate it, which I bullshited on the spot by having the SCP-602's ghost being the one who created the owlman painting, and having him agreeing on giving them it's weak point in exchange for a cart full of painting and sculpting supplies)

So yeah. My opinion on the subject is that it works without being "dumb", as long as you are willing to give to your players a non-bullshit monster of the week to face (are ready to tweak it slightly to suit your needs and/or avoid an early TPK).
>>
>>47866148
>everything kills people instantly and arbitrarily
Have you read anything apart from the statue thing? The only reason that one is highly rated rather than having been pruned is because it's the first one written. If it were submitted today it'd be rated into the negatives faster than your mum chasing an ice cream truck.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.