[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/. So there new Warcraft movie has revitalized my interest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: world-of-warcraft-19625.jpg (286 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
world-of-warcraft-19625.jpg
286 KB, 1920x1200
Hey /tg/.

So there new Warcraft movie has revitalized my interest in the Warcraft setting and franchise, despite that I could never get into wow. (But I did enjoy Warcraft 1,2,3, and always found the setting to be interesting.)

Are there any good options you guys can think of for running a Warcraft campaign aside from the old 3.5 derivative? Perhaps something where the character abilities more closely represent the abilities / magical talents / skills the characters in the various games have?

Have you attempted it in another system? How did it go?

What would you use if you were to run a Warcraft game?

If you would use the 3.5 Warcraft, is there somewhere with classes closer to what characters can do in the various videogames/novels and less of a slight reflavoring on d&d 3.5 classes?
>>
>Are there any good options you guys can think of for running a Warcraft campaign aside from the old 3.5 derivative?

Tweak Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd edition to be more survivable and a bit more epic fantasy and it will be very ez to learn. Replace flavor names like Ulric's Fury with proper ones.
>>
>>47865052
>Tweak Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2nd edition to be more survivable

But it's garbage and you can't.
>>
>>47865052
Tweak whfrp.
The amount of tweaking you'd need to get it to Warcraft per levels; it would be scarcely recognizable. You might as well be starting with call of Cthulhu.
>>
>>47867301
*warcraft Power levels.
>>
>>47864851

You can always use the very real Warcraft RPG, which is based on the d20 system.

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Warcraft:_The_Roleplaying_Game
>>
>>47867346

>Didn't read the full post

Ooops, disregard what I just said. But the current RPG is completely servicable in doing its job in spite of the canon being outdated. 4th Ed. more closely emulate's WoW's gameplay, but I'm not sure if there are any conversions yet.
>>
>>47864851
>new Warcraft movie has revitalized my interest in the Warcraft setting and franchise

sorry
>>
>>47867364
The issue I had with it was the classes drew most of their abilities from 3.x rather than representing what the characters in the RTS or MMO or fiction could do. I didn't think the character abilities and classes were adapted d20 well.

The 3.x core mechanics are basically perfect for a Warcraft RPG: gear is half the character, crazy power curve for numbers such that 50 lowbies can't take on a single veteran.

But I'd feel like I had to redesign a ton of classes to make it work, and that would be incredibly tedious, hence my question if anyone had made some other kind of adaptation already to make it easier.

4e on the other hand plays too much like Disgaea, and feels too much like a wargame and not enough like a Tabletop RPG.

>>47867416
Sorry why?

>It's interesting
>has different factions without being focused on cartoon evil vs noblebright superheroness,
>It's well fleshed out, rather than a crappy gazetteer and leaving the GM to make up most of the world (when/if I want to make up a setting I don't want a half assed setting I'm expected to stick to).
>It's far more coherent than many other settings people play in *cough*Golarion*cough*.
>>
>>47864851
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oaqqtXQG-fT-C5_yajhLbUabdpN5XPn7hmV-MXAGz78/edit#heading=h.wgik8xtf9hfy

The meme game combined with the cancer viyagame
>>
>>47864851
>new Warcraft movie has revitalized my interest in the Warcraft setting
Sorry to hear that.
>>
>>47867715
Try the Log Horizon RPG

Literally made to be a tabletop RPG that emulatesa an MMORPG
>>
>>47874702
Huh. Yeah that could work.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.