[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>GM wants to turn the results of the not yet started campaign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: no quiet life.jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
no quiet life.jpg
25 KB, 640x480
>GM wants to turn the results of the not yet started campaign into a book
>wants writen disclaimers from the players that they wont ask for royalties

Tell me /tg/, have you ever trusted someone so uninspired, arrogant and braindead to run a game for you?
>>
>>47856607
The fact that you use completely unfitting epithets for the person in this situation makes me think that this is yet another "Things that Never Happened" thread.
>>
these threads get weirder and weirder
it's like you people are wracking your brains for spicier and more outlandish memes to serve up
>>
>>47856663
however on the plus side, I have to commend you for AT LEAST not including some sexual fetish or anime girl as the OP image. So congrats on reigning it in this once.
>>
>>47856663
>>47856676
Well, the thing is that our party is playing anime girls and GM in question is Albert Einstein.

And if the OP is serious, I'd nope away from that campaign the frag away right there.
>>
>>47856607
Hey roll20fag.

How about you join his game before talking shit?
>>47856631
>>47856663
He talks about this, most likely
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/45063/twilights-dawn
>>
>>47856733
huh... OP not as much of a fag?
>>
It's kind of a silly request. He ought to embellish the results anyway, use them as an inspiration rather than paste them directly into a manuscript. He's also thinking he'll get rich from publishing a book, which is just about preposterous in this day and age. Sure, a few people have done it, but not by pasting stuff from a chatroom into a volume and slapping a price tag on it.
>>
>>47856733
>https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/45063/twilights-dawn
Twilight's Dawn, more like "Twilight Zone"
Who puts up with this shit
>>
>>47856733
>I am a 20 year old college student who wishes to publish this story.
Hoo boy, here we go.

>Also, I wish to have players who are very interactive in the world and that are not background characters. Last time I tried this, I had a party of complete background characters which led failed this campaign.
Man, look at those sentences!

>But remember most of all. NO AWKWARDNESS.
Yeah, good luck with that.

>I irl am very extroverted and outgoing, and vain.
Well, at least you're honest.

Not completely though. Despite your constant claims of the opposite (which are not that commited in the first place) this feels like a complete railroad rollercoaster, that is not even about player characters but your worldbuilding. The main characters here seems like going to be your NPCs, not PCs, and everything is going to revolve around them, with players being spectators for your exercise in worldbuilding.

Also, the fact that you even mention copyright in there is a flag of such redness that it actually falls out of the visible spectrum.

Wouldn't play/10.
>>
>>47856733
>Twilight's Dawn
>Twilight's
>Dawn

Nigga. What the fuck is this? What thefuck is this name?

"Twilgiht's Dawn"? What, si that part of the wonderful series, including such titles as "Afternoon's Midnight" and "3 O'Clocks 9 O'Clock"?
>>
>>47856954

>3 O'clock's 9 O'Clock

Sounds like a great title for some trippy Bradbury-style sci fi short story
>>
>>47857317
They all sound way more interesting than "twilight's dawn".

Afternoon Midnight could be about the sun just going out for some unexplained reason, or being blocked by the Deathstar or something.
>>
>>47856607

Personally, I don't really give a shit if my GMs decide to use my characters in their writings. If I'm that protective of a character idea, I probably won't use it an environment where I don't have total control of the narrative

That said the Twilight's Dawn GM sounds like a total fag
>>
>>47856733
If I didn't already have a group, I'd try and join just to be a total dickbag and see what I could get away with.
>>
>>47856733
Hey it looks like the Godsfall guy has a rival in being a terrible dickbag of a DM.

At least he knows a podcast is a more profitable medium than publishing.
>>
>>47858170
>Godsfall guy

Tell me more.
>>
>>47856954
>"Twilgiht's Dawn"? What, si that part of the wonderful series, including such titles as "Afternoon's Midnight" and "3 O'Clocks 9 O'Clock"?
That wouldn't be out of place in Wonderland
>>
>>47858181
http://www.godsfall.com/

It's a 5e podcast with a pretentious DM who thinks his incredibly boring game is fantastic fantasy. At very least the production value is high, though it's still not as good as Adventure Zone in that regard.
>>
>>47856733

>Paladins are banned
>>
>>47858263

I would listen to the McElroys reading the phone book and quipping about humorous last names...
I should pitch them that, they'd probably do it.
>>
>>47856607
I remember that thread.
>>
>>47856733
>no loose cannons
This has potential
>>
>>47856954
Don't you know that Monday Begins on Saturday?
>>
>>47856607
Sure why not. It might be fine. It might be a train wreck.

Realistically he doesn't need consent to write a novella or whatever based on the game. Marv the Human Fighter becomes Vern the Human Fighter...
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.