[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Noob Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: lWPt2X4.jpg (511 KB, 1695x1179) Image search: [Google]
lWPt2X4.jpg
511 KB, 1695x1179
Going to play d&d for the 1st time soon, don't know how the game works or an technicalities of the game.
>>
Have you read the core rulebook for the edition you're playing?
>>
>>47844813

Helps to read the fucking rulebook, champ. :))

You can also try finding some live recordings of DnD sessions on youtube, they'll give you an idea of what happens in a game.
>>
File: Read the PHB.jpg (320 KB, 500x572) Image search: [Google]
Read the PHB.jpg
320 KB, 500x572
>>47844837
>>47844833
>>
>>47844906
This isn't the hobby for you, don't bother.
>>
>>47844833
>>47844837
Have no way of getting my hands on a rulebook unfortunately..
>>
>>47844917
The 5e general has the book for download
>>
>>47844917
If you tell me which edition you're playing, we can get you a .pdf.

Or is your DM planning on teaching y'all on session 1? If so, you may still want to read the core rules.
>>
>>47845044
5e and our DM is going to teach us on session 1. I would still like to know at least a little something upon going in though
>>
>>47845087
If you search the catalogue for the 5e General, they have a link to the core rulebook .pdf in the OP, like another anon mentioned. It's a pretty intuitive system, but don't be worried if you don't have it all memorized/understood on the first go.

Good luck and have fun.
>>
>>47845129
Thank you, i found a .pdf and i am looking through it now.
>>
>>47845206
If you have any questions about the rules after reading it don't be afraid to ask
>>
>>47845206
In the meantime, Have you put thought into what/who you want to play?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.