[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /tg/, haven't been here in a while. Long-story-short,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 8
Sup /tg/, haven't been here in a while.

Long-story-short, I've grown unmotivated to DM, I enjoy DM'ing but I haven't in about 2 years. I started my group off on 3.5 and we're still playing, but my friend has taken over as DM.

I started playing after my Brother's friend let me play Cyberpunk 2020 with them, and I've wanted to get back to it ever since. So what system should I play with, what version of Cyberpunk is the simplest and the most fun? If there're any systems that let me run basically the same setting, but better, tell me about those too.

Also general Cyberpunk and art thread I guess.
>>
File: 1445627010856.jpg (312 KB, 1000x573) Image search: [Google]
1445627010856.jpg
312 KB, 1000x573
>>
File: 1445626917532.jpg (299 KB, 1966x1042) Image search: [Google]
1445626917532.jpg
299 KB, 1966x1042
>>
>>
File: 1445865172733.jpg (201 KB, 992x1053) Image search: [Google]
1445865172733.jpg
201 KB, 992x1053
>>
File: 1375282323896.jpg (190 KB, 800x973) Image search: [Google]
1375282323896.jpg
190 KB, 800x973
>>
>>47842306
Anyone??
>>
File: Tb0NYqb.gif (440 KB, 1100x582) Image search: [Google]
Tb0NYqb.gif
440 KB, 1100x582
Cyberpunk 2020 is one of the systems I've always wanted to play but never had the chance to. Posting pics to keep the dream alive.
>>
>>47845739
We had very irregular sessions, beginning when i was 14, i think we played once a year until i was 18, and I haven't played since (20 now). Our GM was awesome though, he's been playing tabletop for nearly 40 years, and you could really tell. Sadly his daughter got really sick, and his son has some kind of mental problem, which is likely why games have been so scarce.

Everything about those sessions was great though, just the whole 80's-ness of it all, the style, the badassery, you really should give it a go
>>
>>47845973
Oops got distracted, here's another picture.
Yeah I would love to but I don't know anyone who plays TTRPGs at all really, so I just have to keep an eye out for things happening online.
That blows about the shit your DM is going through, hopefully things get to a better place soon and games pick up again.
>>
Looking for help with a story thread, I've been reading up and I think I'm gonna go with Cyberpunk 2020

The main idea I had which I think would be really cool was to have our first session be a street race, all 4 players in the same race (or series of races) competing for a prize of some sort, and then towards the end of the session, end with the players working for either a rebel group or a private company as mercenaries or henchmen. I just need a few plot thread ideas to tie it together; Why are the players racing? Could something else happen to provoke some combat (I had thought of maybe having the race be fixed, but how do the players find that out?), what events lead to the players being recruited, who are the major players (I don't know much about the Cyberpunk universe, I'm not sure if I should set it in Night City, or my own setting, I was considering setting it in the UK or New York City).
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.