[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sorin vs. Nahiri: Day 2 Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
File: IMG_20160616_150611.jpg (305 KB, 1229x636) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160616_150611.jpg
305 KB, 1229x636
Which one dindu nuffin?
>>
Urza
>>
Yawgmoth
>>
Avacyn
>>
Arlinn
>>
Nissa
>>
Gideon
>>
Ajani
>>
Mishra
>>
Tezzeret
>>
>>47806189
>Elf hitler
>Din du nuffin
Lol no
>>
>>47806099
Neither.

But I just want to watch Innistrad burn and Sorin's Pride take a hit so I'm backing Nahiri.
>>
>>47806099
Jace.

He's literally done fuck all this entire storyline.
>>
>>47806150
Correct.
>>
Duel decks when?
>>
>>47806293
Then you should root for Emracool, not rock bitch.
>>
>>47806322
>Planeswalker duel decks
Lol. Keep dreaming.
>>
File: 135961756917897.jpg (243 KB, 600x485) Image search: [Google]
135961756917897.jpg
243 KB, 600x485
>>47806099
>Team Nahiri
>>
>>47806343
But Nahiri caused those things to happen.

Favorite part was when Sorin killed Avacyn. That's some impressive revenge right there.
>>
>>47806379
>Sorin vs. Tibalt
>Elspeth vs. Kiora
>>
>>47806453
You liked that Avacyn died?

Fuck you. Now the setting is unbalanced.
>>
File: billy-christian-nahiri-2[1].jpg (273 KB, 1000x1415) Image search: [Google]
billy-christian-nahiri-2[1].jpg
273 KB, 1000x1415
i love nahiri
>>
>>47806099
Sorin. Fuck chalky cunt.
>>
>>47806514
Too bad she's going to become Compleated
>>
File: 200_s.gif (23 KB, 288x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
23 KB, 288x200
>>47806379
>>
>>47806499
I liked that Sorin was the one to kill her.
>>
>>47806514
Your waifu is responsible for my waifu's death. I hope she suffers.
>>
>>47806553
Correction. Sorin grim nemesis vs Nahiri the harbinger will not be a planeswalker duel deck.
>>
>>47806643
Your waifu a shit
>>
>>47806685
Your waifu dresses like trash. My waifu has the thighs of a goddess. Your waifu lives in mud. My waifu soars in the clouds.
>>
>>47806715
Your waifu is dead, >>47806685
his isn't.
>>
>>47806731
Give it time.

My waifu shall rise again like the dawn.
>>
>>47806731
That doesn't make her any less pure.
>>
Nahiri is at fault I hope garruk rapes her.
>>
>>47806667
It will obviously be nahiri the lithomancer.
>>
>>47806685
Impliying Nahiri is not so shit at waifu that sorin had to imprision her on the helvault
>>
>>47806789
How could that be worse than spending 2000 years in sensory deprivation chamber?
>>
>>47806865
*1000 years
>>
Neither did anything
One has the highest level of arrogance
The other is childishly obsessed with not being a child

Both immature AF and it's hard to read their story articles. Getting the details on how the helvault 'felt' inside, the difference an oldwalker feels after the mending, and so on are great story bits that answer some old as fuck questions about magic in general. Reading these squabbles between walkers just makes me hate them all.
>>
>>47806865
BARBED
KNOTTY
BALOTH
COCKS
>>
File: 06468465158468.jpg (44 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
06468465158468.jpg
44 KB, 265x370
>>47806762
>My waifu shall rise again like the dawn.
Uhm... no. She's exiled and not coming back. So far SoI has a reasonably decent story. Deus exing Avacyn would ruin it.
>>
>>47806881
If you say so. The millennia tend to blend together at that point
>>
>>47806099
Sorin
Nahiri commited a long chain of mistakes and now she just want revenge for something that is her fault
>Should i accept the offer of this strange dragon that i recently meet?
>Should i trust that the edgelord vampiremcselfish will care about them if his plane is safe
>Should i left my plane to sereach for such vampire?
>Should i fight him to prove him that i'm strong womyn instead of returning and watch the three unfathomable beast on my plane?
>After being released an see how Zendikar is, should i go and ruin other plane instead of just try to find a way of stop this?
>>
Hopefully they both die in the end. 6 millenia old and these fuckers still didn't learn how to communicate properly, albino niggers both of them.
>>
>>47806099
"As Zendikar has bled, so will Innistrad. As I have wept, so will Sorin."

How can you not support Nahiri?
>>
>>47806379
>What is Jace vs Chandra
>What is Garruk vs Liliana
>What is Elspeth vs Tezzeret
>What is Ajani vs Nicol Bolas
>What is Venser vs Koth
>What is Sorin vs Tibalt
>What is Jace vs Vraska
>What is Elspeth vs Kiora
>What is Nissa vs Ob Nixilis

Of the 17 Duel Decks printed so far, 8 have been planeswalker-themed.
>>
>>47806935
>>After being released an see how Zendikar is, should i go and ruin other plane instead of just try to find a way of stop this?
The last time the eldrazi invaded a plane she couldn't even stop 1 Titan after a few hundred years befor wit devoured the whole plane and she was shunted into a new one. I think she looked at the fifth of the world that got disintegrated, the 3 Titans, the lack of visible Planeswalkers working on it, and just gave up on the plane. If Sorin didn't trap her for a thousand years in a deprivation chamber I think she would want to have revenge on everything he loves.
>>
>>47806903
>implying creatures can't return from exile.
Kek
>>
>>47806865
Once youre raped youre always a rape survivor. Rape is the single worst thing that can happen to a person, worse than death even.
>>
>>47806993
See>>47806667
>>
>>47807017
Like, maybe, two have. Avacyn is just another angel.
>>
So can we take for granted that Ugin was always the non-retard of the trio?
>>
>>47806789
>garruk will never kill nahiri
>garruk will never kill liliana
no justice

Avacyn could have probably fixed his curse shit, too.
>>
>Avacyn fags on suicide watch
Good. My waifu will never be kill
>>
>>47807063
Garruk should keep up with his planeswalkers hunting hobby and kill some of the superfriends desu, they're annoying as shit with their power of friendship.
>>
>>47807052
>Let's trap them because lol I have no idea what happens if you just kill it :^)
Sure senpai
>>
>>47806099
I mean, they both fucked up.

Sorin should've stopped to consider if his Innistrad-protecting hoodoo might interfere with the "Cosmic Horrors Escaped" signal, and he could have been a lot less of an aloof dickhead to Nahiri when she was understandably upset about him being too busy protecting his plane when he'd prattled on about the multiverse before.

Nahiri also could have expressed her frustration in a way that did not end with a fucking Planeswalker battle.
>>
>>47807052
>non retarded
>just figured jace would fuck off
ugin could have gone to ravnica, started nivmizzets dick on fire and gideon and jace would have been forced to go back home to stop ugin, thus keeping the eldrazi from being killed. Ugin was waiting for sorin and nahiri to show up, he could have blamed zendikar rightfully on jace and chandras shoulders getting sorin and nahiri to team back up to stop the eldrazi and then deal with the dipshit squad on ravnica.
>>
File: you_tried_too_hard.png (40 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
you_tried_too_hard.png
40 KB, 200x200
>>47807031
>>
>>47807103
When the dude who is so ancient and powerful that he transcends the concept of colored mana tells you "Killing those MIGHT fuck up the universe", maybe don't kill those.

It'd be like eradicating all the rats on Earth. Do they irritate us? Yes. Should they be 'dealt with'? Yes.

Would killing every single one of them that exists pose some kind of fucking problem with the food chain and the general ecosystem? Yes.

Replace 'rat' with 'eldrazi' and 'earth' with Multiverse.
>>
>>47807084
More like
>murder Nahiri
Watch
>>
>>47807134
Rats consume but die and are consumable. They live within a fixed system. The eldrazi consume world's and there is a fixed amount of worlds yet they aren't consumable. They're the antithesis to life and existence in this multiverse. Not relatable.
>>
>>47807107
1) In the original timeline, Ugin's been dead for almost 1300 years.

2) In the 'new' timeline post FRF, he was horribly wounded and recovering in a hedron cocoon for nearly 1300 years.

He wasn't aware of the Eldrazi getting loose until a couple of years AFTER they broke out in either timeline.
>>
>>47807134
Isn't trapping them effectively killing them anyway? They can't fill whatever cosmic ecological niche they have if they're sealed away in a box. Or were they just sealed off in their natural habitat?

I'm a newfag when it comes to MtG
>>
>>47807179
There are in fact not a fixed amount of planes, just the multiverse's sexual organ has cancer and the one part of it trying to repair itself is being actively opposed by every other part of itself.
Basically the jactice league is cancer and bolas is the hero we deserve.
>>
>>47807182
He figured out it was jace who let them out, if he would have tried harder in his mind probe on jace instead of trying to be a pacifist he would have been able to save the eldrazi and zendikar.
>>
>>47807179
>They live within a fixed system
Citation needed.

>The eldrazi consume world's and there is a fixed amount of worlds
Citation needed.

>They're the antithesis to life and existence in this multiverse
Citation needed.

All we know is that their true forms exist in the Blind Eternities, and that they consume worlds. We have no reason to believe that the Multiverse is finite, and Ugin thinks that their whole "Existing within the Blind Eternities" thing might mean they're integral to the makeup of the multiverse itself. Last time we fucked around with the multiverse, Time Spiral happened and the Mending depowered all the Planeswalkers in the Multiverse. I can understand why Ugin thinks maybe killing them isn't the best idea.
>>
>>47807230
He also saw Jace as being logical and figured that he'd grok "Someone literally millenia older and wiser than you says not to fucking try killing them".

He didn't count on Gideon and Chandra screaming "MURDERRRRR" until Jace relented.
>>
>>47807102
The superfriends don't do anything, though. They're entirely reactionary.

He should focus on killing the dumb cunts ruining shit.
>>
>>47807214
Please explain this headcannon more thoroughly.
>>
>>47806643
>Implying all of this isn't literally just Nissa's fault
>>
>>47807249
To be fair, it was Kiora screaming "MUUURDERRR!"

Gideon was yelling "JUSTICE" and Chandra was compulsively chanting "FIREFIREFIREFIREFIREFIRE."
>>
>>47807329
True
>>
>>47807329
technically it's all ugin's fault for not letting them kill them in the first place

>listening to elder dragons
>>
>>47807270
Planeswalkers souls are made of aether, which is realty.
Planes occur naturally but oldwalkers commonly made their own planes.
When planes hung around long enough they just became part of the ebb and flow of reality instead of collapsing, and its also nigh impossible to kill an oldwalker.
The sylax blast was created by an oldwalker who was influenced by phyrexia, a disease spreading blight on reality.
Nichol bolas is the only walker who took mending the rifts of the sylax blast 100% seriously. While everyone else chilled on dominaria, he was plotting a way to remove them. He even fought other walkers and forced them to help him mend the rifts with their sparks.
As far as we know there is no normal mechanism for new planes to exist without planeswalkers premending, and planeswalkers themselves are essentially sentient multiverse that lives within itself. Before the mending they also had the biolgical information of any being in existance and could shapeshift into anything that could exist in the multiverse.
Also when you have ball cancer your sperms cant swim straight and die.

Combine that all up and we have a system where the aether spawns a sexual node like a sperm on a viable plane, then that node grows to maturity to the point where eventually would create its own plane. Those walkers are immortal so gestation time is irrelevant, and as we saw on morriodin planeswalkers can form on artificial planes. This cycle would have continued forever if the cylax blast/mending wouldnt have happend, but since it did the planeswalkers avaerage life went from 10k+ years to 50-100 on average. The "dna" of these reproductie beings has been destroyed, keeping them locked into weak forms, akin to cancer sperm.
Now planeswalkers dont even live long enough to aspire to make their own plane and are too weak to produce a plane even. Nichol bolas is the oldest known walker and he is also trying to reverse the mending to regain power. Bolas is the last cancer free cell.
>>
>>47807541
I spelled it wrong twice but its sylex blast.
>>
So how strong is Garruk currently anyway? Could he kill any of the superfriends 1vs1?
>>
>>47807541
Cheers mate, thanks
>>
>>47807720
Hes already beaten jace and almlst beat liliana. Hes also gotten confirmed kills on random walkers that dont matter enough to get names.
>>
>>47807754
Theres a but more but ive already written more than i thought i was going to so thatll b
have to be good enough. If you want more evidence look into urza and his Legacy more." Oddly" enough his legacy begets a plane and that plane also has hereditery cancer.
>>
File: 3hnueij4kd_storyshot.jpg (143 KB, 700x399) Image search: [Google]
3hnueij4kd_storyshot.jpg
143 KB, 700x399
they both did everything wrong.

Hoping Lilianna comes in and smites both of their bum asses and they get their shit together once Nahiri realized she fucked up bad dragging the worst of the sphagetti monsters right to her and Sorin understanding what Nahiri felt being babysitter for these fucking Eldrazi.
>>
>>47807796
I've read The Brothers War through Apocalypse, but I haven't read ice age or time spiral.

Reminds me though, I thought artificial planes didn't have the life span of a natural plane. Planes like Phyrexia, Rath, Mirroden, and even Bolas' meditation plane are born with an expiration date
>>
>>47807936
If the walker is alive, that expiration date can be indefinately extended and that plane will continue producing sentient life which will fruit into an eventual new planeswalker that might continue the cycle.
>>
>>47807015
Yeah, and Gideon, a totally strange, decided to stay and fight knowing that the eldrazi were too big. you could see who took the correct decision
>>
>>47807063
>Garruk should get revenge for starting shit he couldn't finish.
Now, don't get me wrong, Liliana's a bitch, but that whole fued is his fault. She killed a wild animal that attacked her and he took offense to that.
>>
File: 210.jpg (67 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
210.jpg
67 KB, 312x445
>>47807720
According to his most recent card, yes he can.
>>
>>47811161
I wonder why they felt the need to put "another" on his +1. There's no way to temporarily control of a planeswalker other than the quite rare mindslaver-likes, right?
>>
I think if nothing else those two story entries made it quite clear that Ugin's role in the partnership was to slap the children around until they quieted down and worked together properly.
>>
>>47806259

So they new set is Indian themed, which planeswalker Hindu nuffin?
>>
>>47806099
Dey bofe diddoo sumfin
>>
>>47811702

So he can't target himself, I guess. If there's no other valid targets he has to nominate himself for the ability. If there's no valid targets, he still gets +1 in case you don't want to put down a 3/3 with Deathtouch for some reason.
>>
>>47806865
At least she wasn't being raped by the demons.
>>
>>47807184
Well, if they're trapped, you can always let them out when it becomes clear that their absence is causing some kind of catastrophe in the long term. Unless Ugin knows how to build more Eldrazi (DUN DUN DUN) that's not an option if they're dead.
>>
>>47811702
Flavor, I'm guessing. The use of "another" tends to come down to that these days.
>>
>>47806099
More importantly, what does Nicol Bolas stand to gain for orchestrating all of this?
>>
>>47807541
>planeswalkers are a natural mechanism of the multiverse by which new planes are created
This is a good fucking theory.
>>
>>47807541
I like this theory.
>>
>>47808018
So does that mean that the world souls of planes (such as Zendikar's or Dominaria's soul) are actually just really old and really powerful planeswalkers that have sustained their planes long enough that they are cemented in the multiverse?
>>
>>47807541
>When planes hung around long enough they just became part of the ebb and flow of reality instead of collapsing
has that ever been the case? Artificial planes require some kind of power source and method to protect themselves from the blind eternities or they start collapsing.

That's why urza brought all the soul bombs to phyrexia. He was going to destabilize the plane to kill off yawgmoth without needing to personally fight him.

It's also why dominaria is still around, despite having being the source of like twenty different apocalypse events.
>>
>>47807249
Also Kozilek bursting out of the ground and Ob Nixilis trolling the fuck out of them by reigniting his spark on the energy they were using to trap Ulamog.
Then they tried to trap the two in the plane itself and that went sideways, so Nissa and Chandra channeled fireball as a last resort so they wouldn't escape or destroy the plane.
>>
>>47813396
>Nissa and Chandra channeled fireball
That probably explains the fact that Chandra felt weak. She used 19 health, tons of mana, and Nissa's Channel to wreck Wamuulamog and Esidizilek
But without the channel fireball combo, how will they defeat Emrakars?
>>
>>47813481
Damnation
>>
>>47813536
wrong, anon
Morbid Tragic Slip because new Emrakul will be a 13/13 with indestructible, no protection from colors, and an ability that prevents it from going to exile
>>
>>47813581
You're right, we're never getting a damnation reprint.
>>
I think people on zendikar Is obsessed with genocide, at least confirmed by Nissa and Nahiri.
Or maybe are all the planeswalkers whose names begin with N?
>>
>>47813889
Planeswalker named Nahtzee when
>>
>>47813889
zendikar is just the containment plane

nahiri and nissa are genocidal retards because they have an extra chromosome
>>
>>47814037
Wait, is Zendikar the Multiversal /pol/?
>>
File: ancient grudge full flavor.png (1 MB, 750x1046) Image search: [Google]
ancient grudge full flavor.png
1 MB, 750x1046
>>47806903
Someone should make a "complete" version of this card just like pic related.
>>
File: Aberrant Researcher.jpg (44 KB, 375x523) Image search: [Google]
Aberrant Researcher.jpg
44 KB, 375x523
>>47814104
It's not that bad.
>>
Nahiri is basically Kor Hitler just like Elf Hitler.
>Sorin said mean things to me so i will fuck everything up and wizards will pretend i am morally justified
>>
File: 169.gif (2 MB, 325x234) Image search: [Google]
169.gif
2 MB, 325x234
>>47806453
>tfw chalky bitch hacked avacyn
>tfw sorin had to nuke his gurl
>>
>>47807403
Eldrazi are probably the janitors of the multiverse or some shit

I bet they'll eventually need Emracute to solve some bigger problem.
>>
>>47814314
Or they need Emrakul as a red herring so WotC has an excuse to return to Zandikar again in the next 5 or so years and print more full art lands.
>>
>>47811789
You can't activate his +1 if he is the only planeswalker around. (Ability to target enough targets is part of activating a targeted ability.

Nothing’s gonna ever keep him down
>>
So what's leliana gonna be doing in innistrad?
>>
>>47814477
Making a zombie army to throw at Eldrazi
>>
>>47806099
Well, Sorin literally did nothing. But that's why he deserves everything he's getting.
>>
>>47814363
I'd believe it.
>>
>>47814491
I wonder.
I don't see nahiri and sorin making a truce even in the imminent destruction of the plane
Maybe the other planeswalkers will take sides.
>>
File: 1460865453804.jpg (250 KB, 1000x1483) Image search: [Google]
1460865453804.jpg
250 KB, 1000x1483
>>47806099
There both assholes and idiots but both will team up again for good with the Oath Watch, man fuck Wizards writing, I only care about are the adventures of Order of Saint Traft.
>>
Wait, What evidence do you have that Nahiri corrupted Avacyn?

We know that before the Mending crazy long ago, Ugin, Nahiri, and Sorin got together and chained the Eldrazi in Zendikar.

1000 years later, Ulamog has made the Zendikar Vampires (maybe inspired by Sorin), and Nahiri has to clean up this mess, while also sending out her call to the other two. They don't answer I think Ugin is dead/only mostly dead at this point, but it doesn't matter, because she finds Sorin, demands he help pick up the mess that he and Ugin put on her plane. Sorin says, "nope, I don't give a shit about you and yours" Nahiri is determined to beat his ass, but Avacyn enters the scene. A fight happens, and Sorin decides that making Nahiri his first prisioner of the helvault.

At some point after this, the Mending happens, and Avacyn gets tricked into the helvault.

During the events of Avacyn Restored, Nahiri is freed, and immediatly plainswalks to Zendikar, during the first parts of Battle for Zendikar era.

She knows she can't beat the Eldrazi on her own, has no idea who she can contact for help, just got depowered by the Mending.

She says, FUCK EVERYTHING, Sorin's gonna feel my pain, because he fucked up big time.

Sure, it's not impossible that Nahiri made Avacyn mad, both characters spent time in the Helvault, and I can see that breaking anyone.
>>
>>47814209

.... Sorin locked her up for a thousand years.

And when she got out, Zendikar had gone to shit, and there was nothing she could do to fix it.
>>
>>47814624
>Thalia slaps sense into both Sorin and Nahiri.
>>
>>47814670
>thalia gets mindbroken and turned into a cultist because fuck monowhite waifus
>>
>>47814648
Even if she didn't intend to, I believe that rerouting the flow of Mana on Innistrad combined with her resentment of Sorin (The voice Avacyn heard and the images of the hedrons, kind of like prayers from Nahiri I suppose) and whatever she's summoning caused Avacyn to snap.
There's no evidence that she holds any resentment towards Avacyn since I believe she feels Avacyn is a victim of Sorin's just like she is.
>>
>>47806116
>>47806134
THIS.
>>
>>47814648
>Wait, What evidence do you have that Nahiri corrupted Avacyn?

>Everything in front of her doubled. The trees, the mother and child, each blade of grass. Doubled, and then doubled again. A pounding ache ran through her head and she dropped to the ground, crumpled in pain. A field of white flashed through her eyes, followed by an image of many floating stone obelisks with intricate runes carved into their sides, moving in concert with each other...and then a normal scene resumed in front of her. Avacyn whipped her gaze around to identify the source of the attack. Few vampires had ever been powerful enough to launch such an assault. A demon lord, perhaps...

>image of many floating stone obelisks with intricate runes carved into their sides, moving in concert with each other
>>
>>47814665
>Sorin locked her up for a thousand years
A perfectly reasonable reaction against someone stronger than you trying to kill you.
>>
>>47814709
Avacyn hears the prayers of the denizens of Innistrad, if Nahiri was at the center of her cryptolith array, she might have transmitted her thoughts to Avacyn unknowingly.
>>
>>47814699
>>47814709
>>47814741

Alright, I can believe that Nahiri's Cryptolith creation is the corruption vector, and it wasn't something that Nahiri particularly planned.

And you know, red mana is pretty good at temporarily stealing stuff from people and beating them over the head with it.

Including people.

And also due to rockin' hot bods, Enthralling Victor as an example.
>>
>>47814725

Not when they are your protege who has grown up, and is salty about you not helping her with the mess you helped up put into her world.

He really should have figured out someway to not miss her message.

There is no reason to NOT be on call for Eldrazi.
>>
>>47814624
The set would be a million times better if it was about Thalia, Odric and Olivia going through hordes of monsters on the way to Thraben cathedral Final Fight style until they find undead Mikaeus there manipulating Avacyn through feedback from her holy artifacts in his crusade against humanity.
>>
>>47815125

.... I super want those sprites.
>>
>>47814958
>Muh waifu can't be wrong
She was a hysteric bitch acting up and got put in the corner. Sorin couldn't get her out but it doesn't matter because the jacetice leage saves her shitheap of a plane.

But no, hoes gotta be shit and hold grudges. And stupid numales gotta grovel at their feet in admiration for being such shit.
>>
>>47815162

Would it be better or worse for you, if Sorin found he couldn't pull stuff out out of the Hel Piggy Bank without breaking it?
>>
>>47811743
L O L

but das raycis
>>
>>47812945
Probably not, just random motes of the planes natural mana
>>47813041
Planeswalkers are strong enough to create protection mechanisms that would ensure the plane wouldnt be shredded by the blind eternities. Remember theyre supposed to be immortal so they would have theoretically infinate time to set up these enchantments/machines while also keeping the plane alive with their own mana. New phyrexia hasnt collapsed by itself yet
Also of note "mundane" beings baron sengir were able to manipulate the planar barrier of his plane to make it so planeswalkers couldnt pass through it, if regular beings could weave magic that effected a plane, a fully matured planeswalker would be able to create multiple stacking spells that would ensure the planes existance long after they died. It also seems planeswalkers dont always make new planes, but instead ensure the one they are inhabiting continues to be a viable planeswalker breeding ground. Urza and sorin are enough evidence to attest to that.
>>
>>47815203
Isn't that why he didn't get Avacyn out in the first place.
Sorin isn't malicious, he was fucked up and his oblivion ring worked a bit too well.
Nahiri is malicious, the bitch is killing a plane because she's PMSing.
>>
>>47806099
>make the promise that for using her homeworld as a prison for dimension eating monsters they will always help in time of need
>find out they don't give a shit
>find out sorin had no valid reason to not give a shit and cut off the "alarm" showing he didn't care about the promise nor her homeworld at all
>even get imprisoned for trying to get some explanation out of that so there's nobody to defend zendikar
>zendikar obviously gets fucked up while sorin still doesn't give a shit despite all
>somehow he's not at fault

How in the literal fuck can you defend Sorin? It's not only logical that Nahiri would want to make Sorin and Innistrad pay as a whole but it's justified too.
>>
File: Image.png (118 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
118 KB, 223x311
>>47807017
Oh indeed
>>
>>47816524
Because, unlike you, I remember that there are two sides to this story. You only described Nahiri's. They are both in the wrong here.

But guess which one is actively trying to torture and slowly murder a plane out of hatred for one guy?
>>
>>47816524
>Make Innistrad pay
For what? She's making innocents suffer to get back at Sorin, that's not justified or right, it's just childish.

>>47816802
Exactly. Sorin is a dick but Nahiri is doing horrible things to a plane out of spite for someone who lives on it. She's definitely in the wrong too, perhaps more so.
>>
>>47816813
>>47816813
>For what? She's making innocents suffer to get back at Sorin, that's not justified or right, it's just childish.

Do you think neglicence is good? Because Sorin basically killed just as many and even more because of not giving a shit about a promise nor being careful enough (and not just some random promise, we're talking about a promise between 3 oldwalkers and about one of them agreeing to imprisoning dimension eating monsters in her own homeworld).

Even if she isn't exactly in the right, Sorin is definetely the one who's the most wrong, how can this even be argued about.
>>
>>47816874
>Not keeping a promise
Remember the fucking part when Sorin went back to Zendikar a few years ago and was nearly successful if it weren't for green elf hitler? And then he went looking for Ugin to get his help?

Sorin actively tried to save Zendikar. Nahiri is actively trying to kill Innistrad. It took him awhile, but Sorin kept his promise.

Nahiri is an assmad cunt.
>>
>>47816891
Sorin caused damage via negligence, Nahiri is causing just as much suffering through direct actions. These aren't even comparable, she's not less in the wrong because she's causing death and suffering that didn't need to occur just to get back at him. Her actions are abhorrent and cannot be justified by any rational person.
>>
>>47816906
The only truth Nahiri knows about is that she kept the Eldrazi at bay alone in the past, asked to Sorin the reason for which he wasn't there to help and the only response she got was getting imprisoned with demons while leaving Zendikar on his own. After that, she knew Zendikar was done and who do you think is the she would logically blame for all of this? That's right, Sorin.

It's not illogical in any way whatsoever, you can argue that under another POV she might seem insane but she's not when considering her own thoughts into the assumption.
>>
>>47816930
That doesn't change the fact tha Sorin tried to save Zendikar and reseal the Eldrazi.

As of the current point in time, Nahiri is objectively far more in the wrong.
>>
>>47816930
Again, you're really good at describing Nahiri's pov, and in doing so forgetting the rest of the narrative.
>>
Daily reminder that Nissa did nothing wrong, despite what some of you try to imply.
>>
Talking about planeswalkers in general, where the fuck is Ajani currently?
>>
>>47817038
On Theros telling people the gods are shit and mourning Elspeth's death. I think.
>>
>>47817022
Chandra and jace fucked up with the ghostflame. nissa fucked up everyones life by destroying the final locks. nahiri fucked up when she picked the fight with sorin. sorin fucked up when he made his interdimensional shield too good at a bad time? Ugin fucked up by fighting bolas. It should be obvious to see who is wrong.
>>
>>47817095
Sorin fucked up by doing nothing to earn the trust of Nissa who would have every reason to defy him if she knew his true nature, by imprisoning the sole protector of Zendikar instead of trying to reason her and by mindlessly destroying Avacyn without realizing what it would do to his plane.
>>
Actually I may be missing something but did Nahiri meet Ugin already before going to Innistrad? Shouldn't she be as angry to him as she is to Sorin?
>>
>>47811702
Zealous conscripts is a thing
>>
>>47817116
>Nahiri appologists trying this hard.
>>
>>47806432
The Aeons Hip!
>>
>>47816926

Wrecking Innistrad is the only means Nahiri has to get back at Sorin. There isn't anything else Sorin cares about to threaten.

Sorin's actions destroyed her home. Nahiri plans on returning the favor.

Eye for an eye.

Thats the definition of a just reprisal.

After betraying her, imprisoning her in a madness inducing abyss, and destroying her home plane... how would YOU get revenge on Sorin? Just killing him is almost a slap on the wrist at that point. One life doesn't pay for millions.
>>
>>47816966

We saw Sorin's part of the narrative, and that just makes his actions worse.

he admits to himself that he fucked up, but he would rather fight with Nahiri and imprison her AND THEN DELETE HIS OWN MEMORIES OF THE EVENT SO HE WOULDN'T FEEL GUILTY ABOUT IT instead of just admitting that he fucked up, agreeing to go to Zendikar, or taking any action to protect Zendikar in Nahiri's absence.
>>
>>47817380

Nahiri's only mistakes were treating Sorin's bullshit as outright dismissal and betrayal rather than him just being a fucking asshole who would rather die than admit he was wrong.

Sorins mistakes include the relatively minor mistake of forgetting to account for the Eye of Ugin signal, followed up by throwing away a 6000 year old alliance out of arrogance and pride, removing Nahiri (who he still needed) from play without a way to get her back, letting Zendikar get out of control and then personally fucking up the cleanup by being a cryptic asshole again.

Sorin has made the wrong choice every step of the way since his creation of Avacyn. He hasn't done ANYTHING right in the past 1000 years.
>>
>>47818557
With the minor exception of waking up Ugin. Of course I still think Ugin is a good guy, so I guess that is up to your interpretation if it's a wrong or right choice.
>>
>>47818474
But he didn't destroy her home plane, ya dingus. Your logic is just as warped as hers.
>>
>>47818497
>We saw Sorin's part of the narrative, and that just makes his actions worse.
Funny, because that's exactly what I thought about Nahiri when I read her side of the narrative. I had even less sympathy for her. Is her anger justified when she first finds Sorin? Yes. Are her actions justified? Fuck no. If anything the additional dialog this story provided showed me that Sorin was more in the right. He did not want to fight.
>>
>>47818757
His action indirectly contributed to the near-destruction of her plane by preventing Nahiri from protecting it by imprisoning her in the Helvault and by causing Nissa to make a stupid decision by not going through the effort of earning her much-needed trust.
>>
>>47818497
Also, when the fuck did he delete his memories? Or is that just your personal headcanon?
>>
>>47818796
You're reaching VERY hard for that one. You're retarded and I'm just going to ignore you.
>>
>>47818757

> Sorin is part of the reason why the Eldrazi are on Zendikar at all
> Sorin didn't come when Zendikar needed help
> Sorin removed a crucial defense from Zendikar out of pride
> When Sorin did show up to Zendikar, his actions directly resulted in the destruction of the Eye of Ugin

Sorin is more responsible for the destruction of Zendikar than Nicol Bolas is. And thats saying a lot. All Bolas did was take advantage of Sorin's numerous fuckups.
>>
>>47818557
>Sorin was the one who threw away their alliance.
>Not Nahiri
Yeah no. You're a Nahiri apologist. You're retarded and not worth talking to.
>>
>>47818841
>Sorin didn't come when Zendikar needed help
But he did, tho.
>>
>>47817119
That's the thing that bugs me most about this story. Neither of them mention Ugin. Of course at that point he was out of the picture but it makes sense for Nahiri to try contacting him as well and Sorin to ask why aren't you mad at Ugin as well? Instead we get a sword fight because the both of them acted dumb.

>>47816524
Sorin fucked up being neglectful and socially stupid. Nahiri is only in the right with being mad at Sorin for being neglectful about his word and insulting to her. Attacking Sorin was a pretty stupid plan. Sorin throwing Nahiri into the Helvaut and forgetting about her was damn stupid too. Nahiri wanting to kill Innistrad is very in the wrong.

They both are stupid. I side with Nahiri because Sorin is a cunt but I want her plan on Innistrad to be thwarted because it's obviously a heinous act out of spite. Sorin's problem here was that he didn't do fucking anything like he always ends up doing. Nahiri's anger is justified but the assault on Innistrad isn't.
>>
>>47818807

It was established in previous lore. Its why Sorin doesn't know where Nahiri is when he goes to Zendikar the first time, and why he thinks Nahiri was the one who killed Ugin when he finds his bones in the OG Takir timeline.

Sorin Helvaulted Nahiri and then, rather than dealing with the consequences of that action, deleted his memories of that encounter.

We knew before that Sorin had deleted some of his memories about the Lithomancer, but before it was implied (by Sorin's internal monologue at least) that this was for the Lithomancer's protection because she was secretive and Sorin/Ugin needed her location and powers to be kept secret for the safety of the Hedron network.

Sorin clearly hasn't deleted his memories yet. That means that he eventually deleted his knowledge of putting Nahiri in the Helvault.

Unless WoTC is just sort of hoping that we don't remember that Sorin used to not know the fate of the Lithomancer, instead of knowing for a fact that she was locked up in his silver box.
>>
>>47818905
Sorin was the one who taught her and she trusted, and also easier to find. Sorin mentions during I think Tarkir that it took him ages to find Ugin's home plane, and it's a backwater among backwaters.
>>
>>47818866

Sorin violated their alliance when he refused to go to Zendikar on request of Nahiri in person. If you have a mutual defense pact, its still breaking that pact if you don't hold up your end because you have something else you would rather be doing.
>>
>>47818838
>>47817380
>>47818866
ISDF can't even argue right.
>>
>>47818928
Source it, then. Find me some sauce.
>>
>>47818905

Neither of them knew where Ugin lived, and Nahiri only found Sorin (Innistrad was a location secret from her as well) by feeling around for things that felt like Sorin. With Ugin dead, she never would have found him that way.

Presumably she would have dropped in on Ugin if she had found him first, but Sorin was actually alive so thats who she found.
>>
>>47818966
I don't waste my time arguing with retards. Besides, it's hard to say everything I want to say on a phone.
>>
>>47819020
But you care enough to post 'retard' over and over again as though it does anything.
>>
>>47814508
Except, you know, everything was fine without his help anyway. He should have been less of a dick but it's literally Nahiri's own fault she got imprisoned.
>>47816524
>and cut off the "alarm"
by accident
>>
>>47819076
Pretty much, yeah. "Retard" is easier to type than 3-4 paragraphs of rebuttal.
>>
>>47819081
>by accident
Thank you. Sorin's greatest mistake was accidentally protecting his plane too hard and being a dick about olit afterwards.
>>
Pretty sure Ob did nothing wrong

when does he return
>>
>>47819207
When he murders Nahiri
Now that I think about it, this would make for a good plot
>>
>>47813481
>The plane itself casts Emrakul's physical form, not just its apirit, into the Blind Eternities.
>Eventually, Emrakul's stopped thinking
>>
>>47819379
Yeah that sounds interesting

Killing Nahiri just to be squished by Emakruel
>>
>>47807541

I accept your head-cannon as my own.
>>
>>47818841
>>47816524
>>47814958
See >>47806935
>>
>>47817380
Chandere pls.
>>
>>47814958
>There is no reason to NOT be on call for Eldrazi.
Sure there is.

The reason of "I don't really care about them now that they're not my problem and my plane is protected from them."
>>
>>47819476
How about:
>Sorin (with help)manages to trap the big E on innistrad, similar to the situation on Zendikar
>ironically he now has to take Nahiri's role of guardian
>Nahiri leaves Innistrad and is forced to reconsider her whole revenge deal, thinking she was probably in the wrong.
>Before she can redeem herself Ob just straight up murders her.
>With his revenge complete we start seeing him come up with his own dastardly plans, like a junior Bolas
>>
>>47819612
>>Nahiri leaves Innistrad and is forced to reconsider her whole revenge deal
What for? Sorin is stuck on his plane playing watchdog over Emrakul for potentially thousands and thousands of years, karma for what she had to do on her plane.

I think she'd find it quite appropriate. Perhaps not as appropriate as completely wrecking Innistrad, but close enough.
>>
>>47819612
>Sorin will let them trap emrakul on Innistrad
He will never do that, and less with the knowledge of the jacetice league killing the other 2. if emrakul appears, he is doomed to die (finally :^) )
>>
>>47807756
How'd his and Jace's fight go? Is there a card(s) depicting it?
>>
>>47819612
I like it.
>>
>>47819492
Sorin and Nahiri had a father daughter relationship according to the art book at that point iirc, Nahiri was only convinced after they both promised to help, fighting Sorin was to try and show her dominance. And as far as she knew, there was no way to stop the Eldrazi after her experience on the list plane and Ugin's information
>>
File: Devour in Flames_OGW.jpg (65 KB, 312x445) Image search: [Google]
Devour in Flames_OGW.jpg
65 KB, 312x445
>>47819612
Yeah but what would make him beefier? Unless he gets stronger pic related
>>
>>47819647
Because it shows he cares/d about the threat the eldrazi pose and is really willing to make sacrifices for it. He may be a dick but his promise was sincere and she reacted hastily in the past and spitefully now
>>47819652
except he might still consider killing the titans bad, which is why they trapped them in the first place
>>
>>47819719
Is sitll risking innistrad for the sake of the multiverse, something that sorin would never do. his white is not so much. he will kill emrakul or drive it out of innistrad
>>
>>47819719
The only reason Sorin had anything to do with the Eldrazi, and by extension Nahiri, Zendikar, and even Ugin, was because he was trying to keep them away from Innistrad.

Which he is only protecting because losing his mana ties would weaken him. According to >>47807541 Nicol Bolas has altruistic intentions, which makes Sorin officially the most selfish being in the multiverse
>>
>>47820095
>Which he is only protecting because losing his mana ties would weaken him.
Citation needed
>>
>>47818474
So you're saying that people who stay out of a crime are WORSE than the people commiting the crime.

Congratulations, you've gone full retard.
>>
File: 1365857483054.png (616 KB, 973x1053) Image search: [Google]
1365857483054.png
616 KB, 973x1053
>>47806116
>>47806134
>mfw the level of spite between these two was soo strong that their war is still happening long after their deaths
>>
>>47815789
>Remember theyre supposed to be immortal so they would have theoretically infinate time to set up these enchantments/machines while also keeping the plane alive with their own mana.
but the artificial planes NEVER become a natural part of the universe, they require constant upkeep not to break down
>>
>>47816906
What makes you think Nahiri is aware of this? She was in the fuckbox the whole time.
>>
>>47820228
Sorin's internal monologue has said multiple times that he has very little in the way of human emotions at this point. Do you think he feels nostalgia or attachment to Innistrad strongly enough to risk his life for it?
>>
>>47816906
Yeah but Nahiri doesn't fucking know this. She was stuck in Sorin's closet while he was doing his thing on Zendikar. You want Nahiri to be cool with Sorin and be mad at Nissa but she doesn't fucking know that event went down. She arrived on Zendikar after the Helvault blew up to see Titans fucking up the plane and the last person she knew that had any ties to the giant fuckers was Sorin. No one's gone up to her and said, yo, bitch, it was this Elf Hitler.
>>
>>47820424
The argument was not if Nahiri was aware of it, but if she was objectively in the right.
>>
>>47820482
Yes. It's one of the few things he still gives a shit about. There may not be much W left in him, but he is still WB.
>>
>>47820507
See
>>47820508
>>
File: ZORDON.jpg (147 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
ZORDON.jpg
147 KB, 640x480
Can we just like, have both Sorin and Nahiri die at the end of this story? Filter out old walkers and leave the young planeswalkers in this situation where they have no one wiser than them to help them out in dire situations.

Obviously this means getting rid of Ugin as well unless we keep him around as Zordon.
>>
>>47820597
t. Jace
>>
>>47820524
From my standpoint, using white mana doesn't automatically make your intentions good. I really got the impression that he only cares about the plane as far as it's usefulness to him.

What convinced me was why he unmade Avacyn. It wasn't because she was a danger to the plane or it's inhabitants, but because she was a danger to him. She was preventing him from being able to use Innistrad as a hidy-hole if he tangled with something bigger than him.
>>
>>47806099
If you're on Team Nahiri you are blinded by waifuism. They both contributed to this situation, but Nahiri is clearly more in the wrong.

Sorin's mistake was stuffing her in the Helvault, that was really super dumb.

But Nahiri was the one that drove things to that point. Sorin did not willingly go back on his promise - he accidentally disrupted the alarm signal as it came in to Innistrad. Nor did Sorin refuse to help her - he just pointed out that he couldn't at that point, because he was weak from creating Avacyn. Nahiri had absolutely zero logical grounds for attacking him, and basically only did it because she was desperate to be seen as a proper grown up by her vampire dad, which is a pretty stupid reason for doing anything.

Sorin should not have sealed her in the Helvault, but she shouldn't have attacked. She's also currently murdering millions of people who don't even know Sorin exists to get back at him, which puts her very firmly in the villain position. Sympathetic villain, maybe, but still a villain.

Team Sorin for me. It's the only logical stance. My only hope is that Sorin chooses to spare his chalk daughteru when he and the Jacetice League catch up to her, having already lost one child and being reluctant to kill another.
>>
>>47820738
>using white mana doesn't automatically make your intentions good
Of course not, nahiri is there to prove that.
>>
>>47820840
Mah niggah
>>
>>47820740

You are ignoring facts, man.

Sorin never said that he could not help, nor that he was weak from creating Avacyn. He doesn't even mention Avacyn to Nahiri until after she shows up.

What we got was

> "I don't want your enmity," said Nahiri. "All I ever wanted was your help, Sorin. You made a promise. Come with me."

> "Not now," said Sorin, with infuriating calm. "Later, perhaps. This is a critical time—"

> "A critical time!" snapped Nahiri. "The Eldrazi almost escaped. You're thinking in terms of eons, but for all I know the Eldrazi are loose now. All that we worked for will be lost, your own plane will be in danger—don't you care about that?"

Nahiri doesn't know everything that you, the reader, know. Mostly because Sorin doesn't feel beholden to explain himself to others, and would never willingly admit weakness.

> Sorin should not have sealed her in the Helvault, but she shouldn't have attacked.

Nahiri doesn't actually attack first. She threatens, she postures, she makes a show of force to make it clear to Sorin that she is not some supplicant he can just turn away. But Sorin is the first one to actually attack, blasting her in the chest with necromantic energy because he is actually feeling threatened.

Nahiri's plan to wreck Innistrad is still going to far, but 1000 years ago Sorin made nothing but wrong choices and turned what was a tense conversation into a fight instead of just talking it out like adults without being a fucking asshole about it.
>>
>>47820740
Let's work through this chronologically.

>They bind the Eldrazi and leave Nahiri to guard over them.
>Nahiri breaks free from her stasis when an Eldrazi breakout threatens Zendikar and no one else shows up.
>She goes to check up on Sorin, who she genuinely considers a friend, to see why he didn't help her.
>When they encounter one another, she asks why he didn't show up and he says he put up a level of defense. He is not remotely apologetic about that and doesn't care.
Sorin's first mistake, not being apologetic or at least pretending to be for a fault on his part, when he has made a promise.
>Rather than simply be upset, Nahiri reacts to this by trying to force him to apologize and treat her with respect, rather than like a child.
Nahiri's first mistake, since it's a severe over-reaction to him being a grumpy asshole.
>Rather than simply defeat her and put her in her place, Sorin believes that she genuinely tried to kill him and reacts by stuffing her into the Helvault permanently because he sees her as a threat.
Sorin's second and probably biggest mistake. Not only is this a over-reaction after a mild spat between planeswalkers but by doing this, he's put an end to the one back-up against the Eldrazi.
>When the Eldrazi do rise up, Sorin goes to try and help contain them himself for once.
>Encountering a planeswalker he needs in order to re-imprison the Eldrazi, he doesn't bother to earn her respect whatsoever and treats her like a mindless child, not trusting her with even a fragment of the truth.
Sorin's third mistake. He did nothing to get Nissa to work with him.
>This leads to the planeswalker throwing a tantrum, deciding that they can't trust him and releasing the Eldrazi fully.
Nissa's first mistake.
>Upon being released on Innistrad and discovering Zendikar's fate, Nahiri loses all hope and goes to ruin Innistrad, putting all responsibility for Zendikar on Sorin's head.
Nahiri's second and worst mistake.
>>
>>47820993
So, what you're saying is that we should kill Nissa
>>
I blame the writers. This should not of happened, and took some convoluted writing to work. Which also butchered previous characterizations for the characters.
>>
>>47816891
Are you ok with me bombing your country because a nigger stole my bike while I was on vacations there?

Nahiri is a bitch and totally wrong. Innistrad and Avacyn had notthing to do with her temper tantrum and I hope Emrakul eats her alive.
>>
>>47807031
I was raped and now I get special treatment in real life convos. Feels good senpai. My uncle's dick wasn't even that big so I got plucky.
>>
>>47820740
Sorry, but I really can't side with Sorin.

Everything he thinks and does is so willfully self serving, and I refuse to support someone with that attitude.

He manipulates a young, impressionable planeswalker into signing away her life, her plane, and the lives of everyone on her plane just to grant Innistrad a measure of protection. And as soon as he feels that Innistrad is safe he no longer feels any obligation to have anything to do with the Eldrazi.

And you'll probably hate this, but the death of everyone on Innistrad is his fault for deliberately pissing off someone with the power to do this to his plane
>>
>>47821055
Well she helped kill the Eldrazi so while having commited the biggest fucking fuck up of all the walkers she's also partly one of the most effective of getting shit done.

Sorin's pride is his worst fucking enemy because the dude doesn't know how to keep it in check. I'm hoping at the end of this story if he's not dead that he learns how to fucking talk to people.

>>47821091
Should have just made a duel deck if they wanted the story to swing so heavily this way. At least then we would have gotten something nice out of this piece of shit squabble.
>>
>>47820508
Then obviously not.

Here's how things objectively stand:

1. Sorin was wrong to have blocked Nahiri's signal by accident.
2. Sorin was wrong to dismiss Nahiri's concerns, rather than apologize for his mistake.
3. Sorin was wrong to lock Nahiri in the Helvault, rather than to concede 1 and 2 when he started losing the fight.
4. Sorin was right to travel to Zendikar the next time things went wrong.
5. Sorin was wrong in his handling of Nissa, accidentally encouraging her to release the Eldrazi.
6. Nahiri is right to be angry at Sorin, because she can't know about 4. Moreover, 4 just means he didn't fuck up his duty on that particular occasion, which doesn't erase all his other mistakes.
7. Nahiri was wrong to make Innistrad's population victims of retaliation for Sorin's failures.
8. Nahiri is doubly wrong because her actions are intentionally ruining lives, while Sorin's were either mistakes or arrogance in his handling of social situations. Sorin never intentionally killed a plane.

tl;dr
Sorin made a bunch of mistakes and thinks that "I didn't mean to" means he never has to apologize, Nahiri is way too happy to accept collateral damage in punishing him for that. They'd both fit right into this thread.
>>
>>47821155

Out of all the planes of the Mutiverse, Innistrad is one of the ones that is hardest to feel bad for being caught in this spat.

The only reason the humans of Innistrad are still alive is because Sorin needs them as a food source. Those people are his livestock, and he only provides them protection because its to his advantage.

And EVERYTHING ELSE on Innistrad is a demon or man-eating abomination of some kind.

So yeah. Sucks for those couple towns of humans, but the rest of the plane won't be missed.
>>
>>47821238
>Out of all the planes of the Mutiverse, Innistrad is one of the ones that is hardest to feel bad for

I feel similar, but for a different reason. People in the last thread were talking about how balanced the plane was but it didn't seem it to me.

When Avacyn and the Helvault were introduced werewolves and demons both facing an extinction event, and vampires were being kept in check harshly. Doesn't sound like balance to me, it sounds like introduced a new invasive species to deal with the last one
>>
>>47821445
demons were both*
like you introduced*

Shit, I really need to proofread better
>>
>>47817119
She's mad at Sorin because he hurt her feeeeeeeeeeeels.
Ultimatedly this is all Ugin's fault for lying.
>>
>>47821509
But Ugin couldn't have convinced Nahiri to sacrifice Zendikar without Sorin.
>>
>>47818557
You don't fucking hit someone in their own house after they tell you they are critically busy.
>>
>>47821238
He doesn't need the humans of innistrad as livestock specifically, he's a planeswalker and there's no reason he'd go through all that trouble to preserve them if it was just that
>>
>>47818841
>> Sorin is part of the reason why the Eldrazi are on Zendikar at all
Ugin's plan, Sorin was tagging along not machinating Zendikar's death.
>> Sorin didn't come when Zendikar needed help
He did, after his own home was safe from peril.
>> Sorin removed a crucial defense from Zendikar out of pride
By accident He didn't realize he had blocked the Eye of Ugin, and when chalky cunt attacked him he was near dead from creating Avacyn and put too much power in his oblivion ring. He had no way to know he wouldn't be able to get the hysteric bitch out when she stopped PMSing.
>> When Sorin did show up to Zendikar, his actions directly resulted in the destruction of the Eye of Ugin
He explained the nature of the eldrazi, Nissa didn't gave a shit because she's a racist bitch and if Sorin had been more open about it she would still have broken the seal anyway just because a vampire told her not to.
>>
>>47821799
You do if you're an oldwalker. It was pretty common practice.

What you don't do is overreact to friendly sparring and encase them in cement up to their neck and leave them in the basement with the rats
>>
>>47818928
>It was established in previous lore.
Previous lore established the lithomancer as a legendary planeswalker who was long past gone.
Lore is vague shit and crative retcons more liberally than comic book writers.
>>
>>47821799

You also don't dismiss out of hand not responding to help friend deal with their house almost burning down because you screened their call.

Nahiri was furious because her plane was put in danger by an asshole still pretending to be more important her her.

Sorin got his feathers ruffled for being called on his shit and overreacted like a complete idiot.

For someone who prides themselves on being so cold and aloof and beyond mortal concerns and emotions, the MOMENT anything doesn't go his way he throws a shitfit instead of dealing with it.
>>
>>47821799
You're clearly not familiar with oldwalkers. Their bodies were arbitrary constructs for their supercharged souls. Stabbing him with rocks would have been extreme if he were mortal, but as a planeswalker it was about as threatening as punching his shadow, only it wasn't nearly as confusing as that would be since it was standard procedure for demonstrating relative power.
>>
>>47821897
> Nahiri should have listened to daddy Sorin and just stayed in her stoneforged kitchen ;)

Disgusting
>>
>>47821988
>STOP CRITICIZING MY WAIFU YOU BIG MEANIE T_T
Utterly vile.
>>
>>47821197
>1. Sorin was wrong to have blocked Nahiri's signal by accident.
That is just retarded
>2. Sorin was wrong to dismiss Nahiri's concerns, rather than apologize for his mistake.
Yes, but she literally knows him to be a dismissive, unapologetic ass from his mentoring days.
>3. Sorin was wrong to lock Nahiri in the Helvault, rather than to concede 1 and 2 when he started losing the fight.
It's not wrong to not wanna get killed
>>
>>47821091
All because waifufags couldn't let the lithomancer stay a character from the far past.
>>
>>47821913
Not really, Taysir showed up to mess with Ulgothra and Feroz was so pissed he banished the most powerful planeswalker ever and banned walkers from entering Ulgothra again.
Showing up uninvited and acting like a shonen anime rival is never acceptable even among people who can rearrange their molecules to avoid the time-wasteful action of turning around.
>>
>>47822051
>That is just retarded
>It was a mistake so I didn't do anything wrong

>Yes, but she literally knows him to be a dismissive, unapologetic ass from his mentoring days.
>I've always had this character flaw, so it's not really a flaw

>It's not wrong to not wanna get killed
>I'll die before admitting I was wrong, so this is my only alternative
>>
>>47821942
If a bitch comes in with a bat demanding you help her put out a fire, right after you've given birth and can barely stand, you have a right to stuff her in the closet and lose the key.
>>
>you have a right to stuff her in the closet and lose the key.
Where the hell do you live where that is okay? I'm pretty sure you can kill someone breaking into your home but I think locking them in the closet would fall under some form of kidnapping.
>>
>>47821960
Where in the books does an oldwalker who is not considered a fucking asshole assault another just for lulz?
That they could do it doesn't mean it was the thing to do, that's a stupid misconception from people who don't know the lore and just read the wikis.
>>
>>47821988
You're waifu a shit.
>>
>>47822303
>you're
>>
>>47822275
You can lock or contain invaders so long as you actually call the police, not like that russian hairdresser who raped a thief for weeks.
>>
>>47822311
>Being this new.
>>
>>47822051
Sorin was wrong to put the safety of Innistrad so far ahead of the plane he helped to endanger and promised to protect.

Better?

>it's wrong to not wanna get killed

What makes you think she was trying to kill him? What made Sorin think she would want to kill him? It said several times he sounded calm, but he most definitely was not calm.

This is a being who's entire existence is devoted to his own survival. He will flip his shit in an instant if he feels the least bit threatened. You think the decision he made that moment was the right one? Literally anything, even killing her, would've made more sense. As is, he made a mortal enemy of one of the few people capable of really fucking up Innistrad
>>
>>47806099
>Sorin felt a small, unsettled feeling rustle inside of him like a snake, coiled and ready to strike. Nahiri was gone and her silence disturbed him, but Ugin should have sensed the danger. Why hadn't he come to Zendikar? The Eldrazi titans were a fire that could not be quenched, and Ugin's absence was strange. Sorin knew he had to find the dragon soon and hoped the two of them could once again stop the impending catastrophe.

So this has been retconned since Sorin damn well knew where Nahiri was, right?
>>
>>47822622
Yes, Nahiri is pretty much Poochie.
People whined and whined about the lithomancer until they gave her a name, but she was never meant to show up, she was the one mortal being among the eldrazi jailers and was meant to leave a hole in the triad so that they couldn't "lol just seal the eldrazi again".
Then people kept whining and here she is, ruining the best plane with her PSM.

Chekhov was right. If you leave unessentials in the story people will latch to them until they've ruined the damn story looking for meaning on a meaningless detail.
>>
>>47821933
Amen
>>
File: EN_SOI_2_xp2o7eeera.jpg (272 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
EN_SOI_2_xp2o7eeera.jpg
272 KB, 1200x675
I want to ________________hug____________________ Nahiri!
>>
>>47822963
>Ape hands
>Ugliest armpits
>Hobo clothes
>Ugly chalk skin
>Always PMSing

Worst waifu.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.