[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dragon Magazine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9
File: Dragon_Magazine_200.jpg (160 KB, 797x1038) Image search: [Google]
Dragon_Magazine_200.jpg
160 KB, 797x1038
Today is the 40th anniversary of Dragon magazine (aka The Dragon, etc.). Did you ever read it? Use it?

Do you miss it?
>>
File: tumblr_maw11m6tOQ1rdtszko1_500.jpg (142 KB, 500x657) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_maw11m6tOQ1rdtszko1_500.jpg
142 KB, 500x657
>>47803035
This was my favorite Dragon cover ever. Not scary, just kind of sad, but with some story hidden in it. I ran an adventure based on this picture.
>>
I read Dragon from the late 80's until the late 90's. I enjoyed it less and less as time went on, and pretty much stopped reading it completely by the time 3E came out (though I played and enjoyed 3E itself through most of its life).

Yamara was the shit.
>>
>>47803035
I've just occasionally skimmed it, but I kinda liked that Planescape comic with a drow dude and his crew of affable githyanki, mind flayers and other shit. Is that one available anywhere or do you have to torrent whole Dragon mag, with shitty image res, libraries to read it?
>>
Dragon Magazine was pretty great. I've got an almost unbroken run from 243~359. And there was only one issue I couldn't find anything to like.
It was kind of a miracle to find it stocked where I lived, and too much of a child/poorfag to commit to a subscription.
It was good inspiration. I've always had poor attention span (on the campaign scale at least) and getting a new copy of dragon magazine each month helped refocus my enthusiasm on the game.
Some issues were pretty cool, I think my favourite was the Dragon Annual #5 where they revisit each TSR published campaign world with an article, (for some reason I really liked the art in that one} and The Oriental Adventures issue that had a random table generator for creating name for your Kung Fu martial arts moves.
The name generators were always cool.
>>
>>47803532
If I recall correctly, that was Downer. If so, that one jumped around a bit between appearing in Dragon, Dungeon and Polyhedron.
>>
>>47803532
>>47803578
There's a collected Downer softcover book that I bought from Paizo a long time ago. Other than that I think it's pretty scattered.

http://paizo.com/products/btpy8xai?Downer-Volume-1-Wandering-Monster

volume 2 was never published.
>>
>>47803632
>"YOU'RE CRACKIN' ME UP, BUDDY! TELL ME ANOTHER ONE!"

I enjoyed Dragon quite a bit in the 1990s.
>>
>>47803035

I miss it a lot. I felt really depressed when I read about the cancellation and transition to online only. The old, goofy Dragon was amazing with all that user-created content and the wonky comics and all.
>>
File: Dragon Magazine 289 - 1.jpg (1 MB, 2337x3211) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Magazine 289 - 1.jpg
1 MB, 2337x3211
>>47803567
>>
>>47803138
Tell us about the adventure anon.
>>
File: dragon140.jpg (101 KB, 637x824) Image search: [Google]
dragon140.jpg
101 KB, 637x824
>>47803702
I was pretty bummed about it too, especially since I didn't want to get on the 4E/digital subscription wagon.
>>
>>47803632
fanks, gonna go look for a torrent
>>
File: Dragon Magazine 289 - 2.jpg (2 MB, 2337x3211) Image search: [Google]
Dragon Magazine 289 - 2.jpg
2 MB, 2337x3211
>>47803718
>>
>>47803718
>>47803735
what the fuckety fuck?
>>
>>47803744
>Shining Heavenly Arrow Strike of the Golden Drop-Bear

Make your own stupid martial arts move name.
>>
>In the innocent days before hentai tentacle rape were household words
>>
>>47803532
>dragon magazines torrents with shitty image res
I hear you.
>shitty quality pic related.
>>
http://annarchive.com/dragon.html
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.