[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tg/, I'm trying to find a game that works for my group.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 500x208
Hey /tg/, I'm trying to find a game that works for my group. Specifically, we want to find a game that's 1 player controlling multiple units vs multiple players controlling single (or very few) units, that can be upgraded between multiple sessions. Basically, your typical RPG. However we want something where the ‘GM’ can go balls to the wall aggressive and play to win, without ruining the game for everyone.

We’ve played Descent, but that lacks the flexibility/character creation we wanted. Likewise for Super Dungeon Explore. RPGs on the other hand are TOO flexible, without having any real restrictions on what the GM can do, or have tacked on rules for roleplaying which we aren't really interested in. We just want a good one vs many game that has quite a bit of flexibility and customization.

Anyone know of any games that would work for that?
>>
>>47797136
You are everything that's wrong with the hobby. RPGs are not meant to have a winner. Just go play a video game.
>>
>>47797932
tbf - it looks like what they want is an asynchronous board game with an RPG flavor. That's fair enough. He's just already said that the games I would have recommended aren't what he wanted.

Did you go to boardgamegeek.com and look at what people recommend that are like Descent/Super Dungeon Explore? (Or whatever games came closest to what you're looking for.) That might put you on track more easily.
>>
>>47797932
/thread
>>
>>47797136
Try playing Battletech the RPG. That will give you your winner take all scenario of one vrs many during combat while giving them the roleplaying they also seek.
>>
>>47797136
Level 7 Omega Protocol - GM vs Players in increasing difficulty scenarios.
>>
You need a FATAL/Paranoia cross-over with a 4E D&D tactical battlemap/Twister thing going on.
>>
>>47798746

aaaaaand now /thread
>>
>>47797932
I mean, what I'm interested in would be more of a war game than an RPG. I'm well aware that RPGs are not generally aimed at my groups preferred playstyle. We just really like the degree of customization they offer.

>>47798664
I did, but it's mostly more of the same, lacking the level of customization on either side that we would prefer. Pre-gened characters, rigid campaign progression, very limited monster types, etc.

>>47798706
Seen it before alongside Galaxy Defenders. Will have to take a closer look, thank you.

>>47798689
Will check it out, thank you.
>>
>>47798793
Gonna second >>47798689

Just make sure you set up the scenario well enough to allow for casualties or losses in combat because the system can be as brutal as it is random.

Once had a sniper set up for a headshot for about an hour ingame, made the shot and took the targets arm off at the elbow and watched him bleed out.

The mech combat is especially fun though, so id invest in some good matts/maps, cutouts are good enough for the GMs units, but recommend the players buy, customize and paint their own Battlemechs.
>>
>>47797136
Wouldn't having two people fill the role of GM instead of one kinda work? By that I mean split the GM role into two: the narrator (who also decides what monsters are in the fight) and the minion master (who controls the monsters and can try to win just like players do)
>>
>>47797932
Why not faggot?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.