[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jumpchain CYOA Thread #894: Too Many Lemurs Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78
File: 1442013359136.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
1442013359136.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>Google Drive
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&usp=sharing

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>47776557
>>
>>47787559
Kinetic Recharge recovers energy when I hit more people. Not sure what energy means in this context, whether it's just regular stamina or also more abstract stuff I might be burning up. Can't hurt anyway.

Rebel's Shroud is really neat. May make it not look like what it looks like but going unnoticed is a really nice trait to have on clothes.

Ended up with 50 CP so spent it on the only 50 CP option that isn't a companion import so now I have another survival kit to add to the free survival kit pile. Actually don't have a pile of survival kits so I may just throw this one down a well or give it to someone and send them on an adventure.

Made Leeroy into a lion as he's a sort of space Rastafarian.
>>
>>47787657
Do they spoil the broth?
>>
What are the most interesting aliens available in the chain? Weird, exotic things that aren't just your run of the mill space bugs or lizard people or whatever.
>>
>>
>>47787910
Absolutely fucking everything in Lovecraft.
>>
Jumpers, what do you sing about with Sing a Little Song from the Disney chain?

When have you randomly started a song?
>>
File: konasle.png (89 KB, 500x453) Image search: [Google]
konasle.png
89 KB, 500x453
>>47787960
Current jump involves taking every song except I Am and I Want. THEREFORE, songs generally entail grandstanding about how fucking awesome I am, how I'll always have minions to do my dirty work (because it's easy/I'm lazy/It's amusing), and occasionally peppy uplifting ditties telling people to believe in themselves.

Except in Steven Universe, where I sang about feelings.
>>
>>47787960
all the time, it's a great distraction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuYRaoM5Xuc
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 803x752) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 803x752
>>47787910
Type Mercury in Type Moon.
>>
>>47788199
>Available
>>
>>47787910
Most of the species from Aquaria sound seriously exotic.
>>
>>47788078
Soft Physics = best Worm Power.
>>
>>47788455
damn straight that's why I took it, and thanks to Amazo backup data all my companions have it as well as a mass-produced series of intelligent prankster androids I use as shock troops.
>>
Jumpers! If you were going to implant a magic amulet into yourself where would you put it? I'm thinking of implanting some magic crystals into my body but I'm not sure where to go with them. Thinking chest atm.
>>
>>47788549
How big is this amulet? Because when it comes to putting symbiotes/cybernetics in me, I'm fond of sticking them in the lymph nodes.
>>
>>47788585
Hope you enjoy swelling.
>>
>>47788585
I haven't made it yet so it could be any size. I was thinking around palm sized though just because Im gonna be pumping a lot of mana through it and bigger is usually better. Though not always with magic.

Other ideas included replacing my heart with it. Or my eyeballs.

Or just making it a ring/staff.
>>
>>47788549
chakra centers are always good for that kind of thing, if you want to show it off but if it's vulnerable you might want to get yourself opened up and put it somewhere in the abdominal cavity.
>>
>>47788549
Back of the skull for the important stuff. Or somewhere in the upper chest region for other stuff.

Assuming I can't just assimilate it with Charm Pouch + Claymore Assimilation
>>
>>47788621
Now that I think of it I could make a kickass glowing mask and put that through the bloody roar equiptment thing so it always fits too... thats an idea.
>>
>>47788549
For magic amulets it really doesn't matter. If I was going to do it, I would implant them based on their effect. Strength boosters in the upper arms, speed boosters in the upper leg, ect.

With magic crystals, consider the back. It's broad, flat, and with an assistant placing them there isn't too difficult. You'll have to start getting your shirts custom fitted, but the reveal would be an intimidating sight. Plus, there's always the off-chance of an assassian's knife skittering off them instead of sinking into flesh.
>>
>>47788615
There's a fair amount of room in there even pre-swelling, I won't notice as long as I'm conservative about it.
>>
>>47788640
Whats that pic from?
>>
>>47788549
I'd probably put it where I used keep my warehouse key. In the folded space pouch inside the Drop-in keyhole birthmark from JoJo.
Pull it halfway out, shape your chest into a door, and bam! Freaky hammerspace storage.

Now I'm looking for a way to turn my wife into my housekeys, as per the suggestion of an anon last thread.

Anyhoo, my suggestion is keeping in the JoJo birthmark. It just seems cool.
>>
>>47788626
>>47788627
>>47788639
>>47788640
Its going to be the final receptical of a project I have been working on. Should give me pretty much all the mana I could ever need.
>>
>>47788515
I wonder if you would be able to survive Scion's tantrum with it, Loonytoons durability is pretty ridiculous.
>>
Hey digger sorry but more questions

1 if memory serves you said there be opportunity's to get more Royal points if you decide to keep the throne, how many more?
2. Does more money more power include the mundane science you are "transcending"?
3. Can companions take the option to take I’ve got to be the One? In exchange for a discount on I want to be the One! ?
4. If I take that third scenario am I allowed prep time to get some stuff out of the warehouse? And make a few notes?
>>
>>47788748
Scion can negate shard-based powers once he adapts to them, it would only stop him for so long.
>>
>>47788748
probably not, the dude can just collapse your waveform, and counter a good chunk of shard based powers. But then I have things like, Q this and agitation Field so....
>>
>>47788823
Q This has nothing even vaguely to do with the situation.
>>
>>47788848
it does a little bit it keeps them from just collapsing me into nothing.
>>
>>47788860
It will do nothing to stop Scion at all, he's not what it is meant to stop.
>>
>>47788860
Q this is just a touch range null of reality warping.
>>
>>47788860
Q This requires you to be in contact with the reality warper. I mean, if you want to grapple Scion, power to you, but it's not a choice I would make.
>>
>>47788871
>>47788875
>>47788877
okay I misinterpreted that which is something I frequently do because I'm bad at this, what about reality check from Cho Aniki? Would that help?
>>
>>47788875
Even then they could just drop a rock on you. Sure its great but still.
>>
>>47788889
Scion is the near exact opposite of what that will work on, it's more likely to stop you doing shit.
>>
>>47788889
I don't think anything is going to help you against his obliteration beam besides a metric fuckton of durability perks, at least until someone creates a Nethack Jump. His Stilling Clap probably counts as an Instant Death Effect or an instant death version of Paralysis, though.
>>
>>47788918
>>metric fuckton of durability perks

Tank spec Jumper, don't have an anatomy to still, no worries
>>
>>47788918
Easiest way to defeat Scion is mental manipulation, as that's what defeated him in canon.

Easiest way to survive Scion is Danger Sense and dodge perks or teleportation.

Unless you specifically piss him off/catch his interest, he's not going to chase you too hard. As of Golden Morning, he was interested in making humans suffer rather than going all out and just annihilating them.
>>
Actually I have a worm wustion. Is thete anything a person cant cut with a s2ord thats been iteratively improved every day for 500 years? Whats the range and power on this thing?
>>
>>47788987
How was he defeated in canon? I heard that it was Taylor sending all the capes at him in a suicide rush.
>>
>>47789010
Bullying, Sting and a doomsday laser.
>>
>>47789004
Iterative Improvement gives powers to items, it depends on what powers you have been putting into it.
>>
>>47788951
His obliteration beam sears through Endbringers, so I wouldn't put money on tanking it. As for the Stilling effect, it stops the movement of your molecules, so I don't think anything short of a conceptual defense would help.

>>47788987
Well, yes. Convincing him to die in a way that doesn't destroy the planet or humanity is the best way to handle him. But some people just gotta do things the hard way.
>>
>>47789004
It's going to be pretty powerful. The spear of the character it's based on, according to word of god by Wildbow, would be more or less a city-wrecker after 400 days of charge. So after 500 years I'd be surprised if there is much you can't cut.
>>
>>47789040
Cutting and durability.
>>
>>47788679
Oh, I haven't the foggiest idea where it's from. All I know is that the artist has done a whole series of similar pictures. Small children with super-tech linked to a backpack. I saved several of them some months ago as I liked both the idea and the art itself.
>>
>>47789004
I know it's been said 400 days of charging would make the canon character's Arclance a city-buster.

Apart from that, no idea.
>>
>>47789010
Taylor mind controlled pretty much every cape alive to force them to actually work together. Then she bullied the shit out of him using his dead wife until he gave up. Then she used Sting (Flechette/Foil's power) to turn his puppet body into a portal to his real body, and fired a BFG built by every Tinker alive to destroy his real self.
>>
>>47789010
He was mentally bullied a whole bunch, and he just kinda gave up/didn't react quickly enough and ate a fucking huge interdimensional laser beam to the face. Basically he wasn't used to human emotions, but he was also bathing in them, and he was constantly shown imagery of his dead wife.
>>47789045
>Well, yes. Convincing him to die in a way that doesn't destroy the planet or humanity is the best way to handle him. But some people just gotta do things the hard way.
Actually, if you really want to meta-game, have Kevin Norton tell him to kill himself. No powers needed. Only tricky bit is finding Norton, but Cauldron will help you with that if you bring it to their attention.
>>
>>47789045
1. I did actually go the social engineering route, but I have two companions with Sting just in case that didn't work.

2.my Jumper is not necessarily composed of molecules, one of my alt forms is tangible darkness.
>>
>>47789062
I would to the tune of the blade note sword be a good example?
>>
>>47789068
>>47789050
Sweet. Mr choppy is gonna have fun tonight. Zerg hunting time.
>>
>>47789106
The grammar, it burns!
>>
>>47789091
He doesn't have to listen to Kevin Norton, and probably wouldn't if he just told him to die. You'll probably need a heavy amount of charisma perks, or a plan he finds reasonable (give up your life to keep your Shards going as long as possible and signal another Entity to pick them up so they won't be completely lost).
>>
Who wins superman, demonbane, or all the worm entities?
>>
>>47788549
Dick piercing.
>>
>>47789209
Fuck off.
>>
>>47789140
There's no evidence to suggest he wouldn't accept the order from Norton, and plenty that he would. They tried something similar in canon, and it very nearly worked. Unfortunately, circumstances got in the way and it didn't pan out. I don't remember the timing enough to say if it was Golden Morning or Dragon (it was referenced in Saint's interlude).

Charisma perks are irrelevant, since Norton is the one passing on the message. In the off chance he doesn't listen (and nothing we've seen suggests he wouldn't), then it'd be pretty easy to use his wife as bait. "Destroy yourself and you'll meet your wife," for instance. If you're really too worried that that won't work, take the canon path and just tell him to fuck off and go away forever.
>>
>>47789209
Demonbane. Because it's bullshit is the biggest.
>>
>>47789217
Second.
If you don't have one, grow one specifically for this purpose.
>>
>>47789140
Not the anon, but Omega Telepathy and The in-jump perk Perfect Communication Skills could pretty much guarentee it. Just keep flashing memories of his dead wife in his mind, and give a brick shitting despair speech and watch the Golden Man break himself down with sadness.

I'm thoroughly suprised that after what SMTanon said about the bold lettering below the demon origin people still haven't tried to get Zion in their compendiums for the rest of the chain.
>>
>>47789209
Nyarlathotep and Tzeentch, because they're getting popcorn while they watch.
>>
Wow so much salt.
>>
>>47789224
Read the chapter from his perspective. He's not a thrall - he only listens to Kevin because he has no idea what else to do and thinks the idea might give him a purpose. He then rapidly realizes it's not actually helping, and continues mainly through lack of anything better to do. Dying isn't a purpose, and he'd recognize "die and you'll meet Eden" as human mythology rather than a statement of fact.
>>
File: salt.gif (1 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
salt.gif
1 MB, 540x304
>>47789278
YOU MERELY ADOPTED THE SALT

WE WERE BORN IN IT, MOLDED BY IT

WE DIDN'T SEE WATER UNTIL WE WERE ALREADY GROWN
>>
>>47789240
That works with supernatural beings. Do the Entities count? I mean, they're Clarketech, is sufficiently advanced technology enough like magic for the Demon Compendium to copy it?
>>
>>47789240
>spoiler
Scion might be inhuman, but he's not supernatural.
>>
>>47789307
Supernatural and magic are not the same thing, Clarktech is almost universally supernatural. Also SMT demons are arguable Clarktech.
>>
>>47789240
>>47789307
While I do consider the Entities advanced enough (and in a particular manner which escapes the bounds of a single universe's natural laws) to fanwank as supernatural in my own chain, they're not actually magical, so that's a big no.

...Except I wrote supernatural in the jump instead of magical.

Just fucking kill me, please.
>>
>>47789333
You mean magic demisatan?
>>
>>47789333
But Clarketech usually works within the limits of nature, just limits that normal humans don't know how to push up against. I'm not sure it counts. I mean, I won't tell you it can't, if that's what you want to do. There's enough ambiguity there that it would be a dick move for me to try to make some explicit ruling. But it's not a ruling that I myself would use, I'm not comfortable taking that interpretation.
>>
>>47789317
You and I have very different definitions of the term "supernatural."

Also, robots count as demons in SMTII at least.
>>
>>47789356
Wasn't that the reason for it being so powerful in the first place?

>>47789358
SMT demons apparently come from some form of cyberspace, I never really understood that bit of wierdness.
>>
File: [the ride never ends].gif (3 MB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
[the ride never ends].gif
3 MB, 576x324
>>47789356
The ride never ends, SMTAnon.
>>
>>47789356
Oh, thanks for the clarification, that fixes things up. I assumed it would work on someone like Zion only because holy shit does he seem like something out of an SMT game what with Law demons having a machine-like design.
>>
>>47789373
The vast majority of what Scion does spits in the face of the fundamental laws of physics and so does most other Clarktech. Beyond what is naturally possible is what supernatural actually means.
>>
>>47789356
And this is why I'll never make anything jump-wise.

Because I'd lose all patience with people trying to use and abuse loopholes and specific wording unless I went full legalese on the jumpdoc.
>>
Right. Just saying right now due to how slow I am lately among other things, I'm dropping Nerf and Sonic X. Nerf because the more I look at it the more I realize I will never be able to do what I want with it without getting stupidly OC, which is not kosher, and Sonic X because I'm finding it's not right for me to keep that hold on it with how stupidly long I'm taking. If no one has done anything with it by the time I actually get some semblance of motivation back I might crack at it, but right now consider the claims relinquished.
>>
>>47789430
>The vast majority of what Scion does spits in the face of the fundamental laws of physics as we know it and so does most other Clarktech. Beyond what is naturally possible as far as we can tell is what supernatural actually means.

FTFY
>>
>>47789456
Sonic X? What notes have you got so far?
>>
>>47789452
Then you get shit on for nerfing or making everything useless.
>>
>>47789491
None, and I'm not going to impose on anyone who wanted to try it, not my place. If you want to do something with it do whatever the fuck you want.
>>
>>47789517
Eeeexactly.
>>
>>47789430
By that logic, quantum dots would count, too. Those aren't naturally possible. Does the fact that the circumstances that lead to artificial atoms only occur in technology mean that they aren't part of the natural order? I'm not sure. Again, I'm not saying you can't do this. I'm just saying that if you do, it brings up weird questions about the distinction between technology and magic, about whether there is anything that is truly supernatural if it all interacts with the same physical systems. If you want to explore those themes, great. I think that's interesting. I just don't want to go that deeply into those exotic concepts.
>>
>>47789452
>>47789517
>>47789532
>That moment when you realize that /jc/ is made up of cast out That Guys.
>>
>>47789524
>>47789456
Posting before the shitposter cometh.

Fuck. I was looking forward to these, but... well. I understand. You do you until then.
>>
>>47789452
People will always try to rule lawyer, power game, or otherwise break shit. This is TG, it's kinda what we do. If you actually want to create something, do it. Don't let shitposters or powergamers stop you, most of us are pretty well mannered folks. People twisted my shit I made, I find it hilarious.
>>
>>47789430
>Idiot human thinks he understands the laws of physics
>>
>>47789456
That's fine, Red. Thanks for the update.
>>
>>47789456
Ah... That's a shame. I was looking forward to those. Especially Nerf.

But I understand, motivation's a tricky thing sometimes. Good luck on the rest of your endeavors.

...You're still doing Black Crusade after the Warframe update through?
>>
>>47789452
Well as the person who originally posted the spoiler mentioning Zion being put in the compendium. Let me just say that I have no problem with it not being possible, hell I'd be down for supporting it. I honestly didn't try to rules lawyer it, I just thought Zion was supernatural and thus thought he could be someone we can put in the compendium and summon.

Now that SMTanon mentioned the limitation, I got no problem abiding it, I just thought the idea of summoning that fucker in other jumps was pretty cool.
>>
>>47789600
I'll be honest, that's on the fence. After the shitstorm regarding my plans for BC, I've been questioning whether I could do it justice or not.

We'll see how I feel whenever I finish the update and see how badly I fucked it up.
>>
>>47789538
I know, the truth is this is something that requires wank. There are a lot of things that are technically supernatural, under a strict literal definition, despite not being intended to be so. While it is easy to determine how things like that interact within a setting it gets pretty difficult with jump chain since it involves multiple universes, it is the same issue that had a bunch of powerwankers and nerfwhores arguing about Imagine Breaker every time it was brought up for the longest time.

tl;dr What is and is not considered supernatural needs to be wanked, preferably without long drawn out arguments in the thread.
>>
File: not even the dead.gif (2 MB, 500x294) Image search: [Google]
not even the dead.gif
2 MB, 500x294
>>47784687
It would be appropriately miserable.
>>
>>47789637
Red, that was one guy. Come on. Everyone else was abuzz with excitement.
>>
>>47789561
Honestly, I'd be fine if it was just "ohey, this interacts with X perk in a funny way."

It's 5 years of dealing with twin dickish rules-lawyers in my old D&D group that've put me off to it, so I can't even say it's a rational dislike for it.

>>47789654
To be fair, on top of That Guy, there was one other who came in apparently deciding that Loyalist in BC was going to be his hill to die on.

He even admitted he wasn't being logical about it.
>>
>>47789666
>he wasn't being logical
Arguments based on emotion belong in the garbage, Satan.
>>
>>47789637
>questioning whether I could do it justice or not.
>see how badly I fucked it up.
Stop being so dramatic. It's just shitposters. I generally really like your jumps, well made and thought out.

If you don't feel like doing the jumps, don't do them, you don't owe us shit. Just don't get all mopey.
>>
>>47789637
...That was one guy, well... maybe two with the loyalist guy. Damn. Personally, it looked absolutely awesome, and it's pretty much the thing I'm looking forward to most.

Warframe looks awesome too. Even if I'm not as excited for it, you're making me bleed CP. Not sure what you're talking about.
>>
>>47789701
>ignore people who don't make jumps

Hey pot, kettle called.

This isn't the same guy, right?
>>
>>47789729
It's the shitposter. Please stop replying.
>>
>>47789729
Don't respond to it, don't feed it.
Let it starve, let it die.
Report it and ignore it.
>>
>>47789456
>do what I want with it without getting stupidly OC,

>see, Light of Terra
>see, CCDT's new Gauntlet
>see, Dirge's scenarios
>see, Digger's upcoming DLC for Neo-Heisei

Unless we've got double-standards, you're fiiiiiiine.

>>47789745
Actually don't even report it, mods will apparently target you instead of them.
>>
>>47789740
>>47789745
Well, jeez, okay.

I'll be honest, all I knew was there was a guy.
>>
>>47789637
So, Red, this shitposter is upset because people are paying attention to you. So I'm just going to annoy the hell out of him and say that you're one of my favorite jump makers, and what I've seen of your personality suggests that you're probably a pretty nice person, too. You keep on rocking, Red.
>>
>>47789740
Scatovore gives shitposting a bad name, #notallshitposters
>>
>>47789637
Ignore the asshole, it was sounding awesome.
>>
>>47789765
Eh, he seems to have been banned at least twice now. Third time's the charm?
>>
>>47789805
Yeah, we really need to stop giving scatovore so much attention, I agree.
>>
>>47789805
>>47789851
Impressive sockpuppeting.
>>
>>47789850
>>47789851
Don't feed, retards. He doesn't care about your shitty sarcasm. It's still attention.
>>
>>47789637
Red, you're a great jumpmaker and you recieve less than half the hate than some jumpmakers. Honestly there's only one or two dedicated shitposters that keep doing it because you give them the power to.

You just have to be strong. If you want to drop BC/Warframe nothing is stoping you, but you. Warframe what we've seen so far looks great. Your views about what to do with BC are great. So please don't drop them because some haters.
>>
Funny how he's stopped insisting that she's a guy, isn't it?
>>
>>47789862
Pff, didn't read the second one before I replied. Oh well.
>>
>>47789862
You are telling scatovore to ignore himself, that won't work.
>>
>>47789888
Look at the post right above you.
>>
File: ee08391ad078ae434862b37856874462.png (577 KB, 1100x1466) Image search: [Google]
ee08391ad078ae434862b37856874462.png
577 KB, 1100x1466
So guys, I've made all sorts of robots and power armor and various machines so far, but where's a good place to pick up some entry level bio-tech? I don't really want to go whole hog into the field, but I do want to learn the basics for curiosity's sake.
>>
>>47789888
Trips confirm.
>>
>>47789888
Maybe if he ignores himself hard enough he'll forget to breath!
>>
How waifu Ziz?
>>
>>47789895
Well theres pacific rim, geneforge, zerg, and if you dont mind using your friends Pokemon (ditto for everything)
>>
>>47789895
You can take it as your specialty in mcu if you go scientist.
>>
>>47789895
PS238 alpha specialty?
>>
Is there any way to copy soul and manipulate it like DNA? I want to get my hands on Power of Destruction from DxD. Or its just genetic? if so it would be much more easier.
>>
>>47789978
data drain?
>>
>>47789895
Symbiote is the best, thats their whole shtick, from creating bio computers to creating weaved spider silk under the skin and carbon nanotube bones. You could also brew organism's in yourself amd let them loose.

GUNNM also has straight up Bio-Technology as a perk.
>>
>>47790007
I want to distribute it through virus vector all over my Pink Tide. To power up them before I will go to Tower of God jump.
>>
>>47789978
All I can think of is Metaphysical Biology, PhD from Neon Genesis Evangelion, and I don't know if it would let you do that.
>>
File: 1464474744708.jpg (53 KB, 500x505) Image search: [Google]
1464474744708.jpg
53 KB, 500x505
>>47789964
>>47789957
>>47789976
>>47790014
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'll probably go with MCU scientist. Zerg and Geneforge might be a little overkill for what I'm after, and I don't know enough about PS238 to know one way or another. Symbiote sounds interesting though. I'll give it a look to see what that place is like.
>>
>>47789978
Hmmm, While I don't know the full limit of this It should help you out.
Assuming you've grabbed perks that make your soul strong, become an Angel, grab S2 organ, and become really good at AT field related feats. Lastly grab "A Different Branch" in the jump, it says that as an angel of Lilith you could be capable of "Diffusion of self into many and utilizing external resources"
Maybe you can disperse your soul throughout your pink tide and grant them some benefits? Like you'll be the grand control center and allow constant communication via telepathy.
>>
>>47790080
Thanks but I Want to go Angel in that jump. I thought about using Throne of the Soul and That Undefinable Thing from Tales of Symphonia
>>
>>47790100
MCU for that seems to be slightly drastic as a move.

Go to Kim Possible or something. Got basically the same perk and it's a lot more light as a setting.
>>
>>47790140
Nice idea. I haven't thought about this combination.
>>
File: 1456881749993.jpg (79 KB, 611x1000) Image search: [Google]
1456881749993.jpg
79 KB, 611x1000
>>47790151
I've been meaning to head there anyways. My desire to tinker in the story, combined with an urge to peek at Tony Stark's tech and simply meet the heroes, means I'll be headed there eventually anyways. Why not now?
>>
>>47790251
Guess it's just because I tend to go drawback heavy in that one so I think the setting is much more dangerous than it is.

Plus I take a shitload of biotech relatively early usually so I'd assumed you were early in the chain.
>>
>>47790171
It starts to get pretty scary if you, say, attach yourself to the tip of a tower like pic related.
Because since you can use "External Resources" you can use the tower as an energy generator and translate the internal energy into an AT field not unlike
Araels, which was the one who mindraped Asuka.
Imagine that, a harmony of AT field energy that not only buffs your companions with parts of your soul but also severely fucks up your enemies by talking straight into their soul and doing god knows what.
>>
>>47790251
Grab the item called the "Tome" from Imaginary Friends jump.
By saying a magic word while holding the book, the person holding it bestows ALL of their knowledge into it. Now just buddy up with Tony Stark and people like Reed Richards and reap the rewards.
>>
File: 48e955e309769d494ba87603e7ec9fee.jpg (1021 KB, 1306x900) Image search: [Google]
48e955e309769d494ba87603e7ec9fee.jpg
1021 KB, 1306x900
>>47790300
Well, my next Jump will be the 25th, so not too early in my chain. I just went tech and magic heavy so far, so I'm looking to expand a bit for my next 25. I think I can handle MCU. It's a little dangerous, but nothing like the comics themselves.

>>47790323
That sounds like so much cheating. As much as I love the idea, I like figuring things out for myself. Also, Richard is going to have a very bad day as soon as I get there, so that's right out.
>>
File: image.jpg (427 KB, 1280x2992) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
427 KB, 1280x2992
>>47790303
>Pic related
>Forgot Pic
Im really stupid.
>>
File: [hostile chirping].png (466 KB, 405x600) Image search: [Google]
[hostile chirping].png
466 KB, 405x600
How do I Harpy in Body Mod, /jc/?

Do I just Rank 1 Bestial and Wings?
>>
>>47790417
That seems like pretty much all you need, yeah.
>>
>>47790417
Sounds about right. Maybe get level 2 Shape, too, so you can ensure those long bird legs.
>>
>>47790417
That sounds about right. If you want arm-wings like your picture, you'll have to hand-wave it a bit. Otherwise you'll end up with wings on your back.

Rank 1 Bestial covers the bird legs + Wings = Harpy.
>>
What would happen if you used the Tamaranean kiss to learn languages perk on an elf from Inheritance? Would you learn the whole ancient language?
>>
>>47790490
Maybe, but given that Starfire tends to screw up grammar sometimes I wouldn't rely on it. Grammar seems like something you don't want to get wrong when speaking words that alter reality. So make sure to double-check with actual language lessons, too.
>>
>>47790490
>Kissing elves
>>
>>47790417
Just make sure the gang doesn't set you on fire.
They like to do that to harpies.
>>
>>47790490
You would know the language they knew, but not all of it.
>>
Somehow pod Saitama and bring him to the Axe Cop universe... who wins /jc/?
>>
>>47790513
I'd kiss Nurgle if it gave me ultimate power.

I'd give him tongue.
>>
>>47790538
They team up, obviously.
>>
>>47789209
>>47790538
Suggsverse jump when?
>>
>>47790538
Saitama, but Axe Cop keeps reviving.

Eventually Axe Cop figures out Saitama isn't evil because he's not a bad guy, and so they go to a bar and drink root beer floats.
>>
>>47790512
>>47790534
Are there any better language learning perks that would let me just magically know the entire language and it's grammar?

Also considering what I have heard about the danger of even having that setting's magic. . . Are there any perks that stop you from accidentally killing yourself when using magic?
>>
>>47790303
Nice very nice.
>>
>>47788679
Reverse google image search > twitter > pixiv

http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=2557134

Enjoy your shotas.
>>
>>47790570
>Are there any perks that stop you from accidentally killing yourself when using magic?
Try Cardcaptor Sakura. Safety First is an awesome perk.
>>
>>47790570
You don't need a whole lot of words to do amazing stuff, what you need is the energy to do it. That's the hard part. Enough of those dragon soul things is all you need. But we're jumpers, we have pools and pools of energy to draw from.

If you're looking for like forgotten words you can use something like Dreamweaver from Dragon Age inquisition to know forgotten or lost knowledge.
>>
>>47790518
I got that reference.
http://youtu.be/ECEPDzRUuqs
>>
>>47790568
Iunno, Axe Cop is sort of competitive. Sort of a lot competitive. I think the dividing factor is omni-strength versus omnicompetence. The latter may win due to Saitama actually being mentally fallible in some instances where as Axe Cop's universe bends to his reasoning.

It may be due to a matter of which outcome is funniest considering they're both played for laughs.
>>
>>47790631
How dangerous is that setting? I am now rather suspicious of magical girl settings because of this thread.
>>
>>47790512
>Grammar seems like something you don't want to get wrong when speaking words that alter reality
YOU HAVE NO IDEA

>Eragon fucks up grammar once
>creates worst girl
>>
>>47790700
Reasonably safe. I mean, it's a magical girl setting, getting erased from reality due to the emptiness in your heart is a possibility, but it's not particularly likely.
>>
>>47790564

There's three problems with this.

The first is that it would have to be an end jump.

The second is that making a Suggverse jump requires finding someone capable of withstanding the actual physical pain caused by reading the Suggsverse enough to be able to make a jump for it.

The third is that if the jump is accurate you would then have to find more people able to withstand the pain of reading the Suggsverse so it can be reviews/criticized beyond "This is so bad I'm in pain."
>>
>>47790680
> Axe Cop can't beat Saitama in a straight up fight.
> So instead he does something so batshit insane that Saitama just surrenders.
Sounds about right.
>>
>>47790700
Stay in that universe, never dimension hop and you should be OK. The multiverse is scary over there.
>>
File: lala.png (1 MB, 1346x1620) Image search: [Google]
lala.png
1 MB, 1346x1620
>>47790731
>erased from reality due to the emptiness in your heart

That sounds like a place the dead should not go.
>>
>>47790700
I think it depends on what you do/how close you get to the plot.

I took the drawbacks that made me afraid of ghosts, obsessed with sweets and made me act, look and think like a little kid.

According to stupid_dog I had nothing to worry about.
>>
>>47790731
Having seen the other magical girl settings in jumpchain that sounds like a trap.
>>
>>47790747
There's a multiverse?
>>
>>47790680
Saitama doesn't have omni-strength though. He's just retardedly powerful for his setting.
>>
>>47790755
Tsubasa, xxxHolic and maybe more Clamp worlds are going on in different dimensions.
>>
>>47790721
Wait, what? He creates a girl by making a mistake with his magic grammar?

What was he trying to do?
>>
>>47790570
There's also the secret method of leeching the energy and life force of your surroundings to power the spell instead of your own. You can cast a powerful spell while also killing all the bad guys in the area. It's a game breaker and that's why less then five people know of the technique.
>>
>>47790826
He was trying to shield her from evil, instead made her a shield against evil. She was forced to magically grow up to fulfill this.
>>
>>47790830
I know, putting my enemies life force into the gem on my ring will be a good way to deal with them. Black that accelerator!
>>
Goddamn the BLAME! jump is so cool. Too bad I'm terrified of actually doing it. Killy getting into a fight a hundred miles away is a doomsday scenario in itself.
>>
>>47790853
So what did this do to her to make her worst girl?
>>
File: [made in heaven].png (301 KB, 602x598) Image search: [Google]
[made in heaven].png
301 KB, 602x598
>>47790817
Wouldn't that mean that somewhere in that multiverse, all of the CLAMP doujins are happening?
>>
>>47790866
It is good to have extra life perks for settings like that, I use The Idiot Magician is Your Friend to use my Pokemon form while still looking human.
>>
>>47790876
She is a combination of super empath and super sociopath due to the curse he accidentally paced on her. She is fucking scary.
>>
>>47790876
When we see the girl again, she has been forced to grow up magically until she's about eight, she's jaded as hell, and she essentially forces herself into the service of the Varden's leader. When Eragon rejoins the Varden later, he tries to fix his mistake, but because altering an already cast spell is rather tricky, he fucks up AGAIN and instead makes her capable of sensing the pain of others, whereas before she was able to sense danger and was compeled to save others from it.

Imediatly after she realizes taht she is now in a possition of great power, she becomes smug as hell and gloats about how she can abuse this power Eragon has given her.
>>
>>47790917
This is not exactly right but close enough.
>>
File: 1421881939849.png (329 KB, 552x492) Image search: [Google]
1421881939849.png
329 KB, 552x492
>>47790885
Maybe? Probably not. Why, are you trying to get some knives from the moon?
>>
File: destroy.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
destroy.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>47790984
>probably not

Okay, phew. I'm just glad Kakyoin didn't lay that egg.
>>
>>47790866
I really like the story of taking the Biomega drawback with Yion and completing the Immortals smile in Blame!.

Niardi talking down on you, your companions, and talking about "Integrating" Yion into herself while licking her lips, uncaring about the suffering she caused the poor girl.

I took great joy in destroying the ever loving shit outta her. Like seriously, I'm a nice person, I help people, but fuck Niardi.
>>
>>47791029
Oh yeah, that scenario that kills Yion no matter what you wasted your time in taking it?
>>
>>47791047
It doesn't kill her, it just torments her to the point she wishes she was dead. Which is...an improvement? Maybe?
>>
>>47791047
? You can heal her though, in Blame! You see Yion again, and when she tries to commit suicide you can heal her, she'll just be upset, but you can save her.
>>
>>47791062
You heal her by deleting all of her memories. You kill Yion to create a new girl.
>>
>>47791083
Thats if your a punk and choose to get Recompilation Data Y. It will take time and effort, but you can take her as a companion and slowly help restore her body,mind, and soul
>>
File: I think this was the one I had.jpg (103 KB, 640x623) Image search: [Google]
I think this was the one I had.jpg
103 KB, 640x623
Bomberman 64

25 years
Clown Valley
Bomberman
Drop-In
Heart Bar
Be the Bomb 100
Astral Knight - Shadow 400
Blast Proofing 1000
Money

So Bomberman 64. Only ever played gameboy games of this so have absolutely no idea what the settings are actually like.

Took Bomberman (when in Bomberman do as the Bombermen do) as I can pretty easily alter myself to be able to swim.

Heart Bar is neat as an occasional extra shield.

Be the Bomb increases bomb power.

Astral Knight gives me shadow powers and lets me attach shadow damage to any of my attacks/bombs.

Blast Proofing makes me immune to my own explosions which is pretty much amazing in Bomberman.

No idea what I'll do here but at least that's the end of...

Bomberman 64: The Second Attack

26 years old
Alcatraz
Scientist 100
Lilim
Element Analysis
Bio-Augmentation 400
Fragment of the Divine 1000

What?!?? No! We had a deal!

Demon form which seems to be largely aesthetic with some jumping.

Element Analysis seems to be able to safely reduce things down to their constituent elements. Definitely going to be a lot of use for this.

Bio-Augmentation makes it easier to splice myself which is good.

Fragment of the Divine gives me some light powers and physical/spiritual resistance.

20 years is a long time to Bomberman.
>>
>>47791083
You don't have to do that. That's the quick and dirty way that the jump offers you, but there's nothing stopping you from healing her with your own means. I'd actually suggest doing that, since you can only buy two of the three capstone rewards of the scenario, and it's "reboot Yion", "stop the time warps", and "stop the rampant Builders". The latter two are far more important than the first.
>>
How good in Fiendfyre Master at controlling findfyre? Could you control the flames produced by others? Could you command it to only burn what you tell it to? Flood a room and only burn who/what you wanted to?
>>
>>47790743
Clearly both would fall prey to the strongest character in all settings. The Mosquito
>>
>>47791137
No, no and no. You've mastered the spell in a way basically nobody else has.

You still have to do the spell though and you can't command it to stop being extremely flammable. You can aim it at stuff but you can't tell it not to burn something it's already touching.
>>
>>47791215
Awww, well it is still a cool perk.
>>
>>47791215
But you can put the fire out on command right?
>>
Ladies and GentleJumpers! I have a question for all of you who've jumped Swat Kats; who decided to waifu Callie Briggs?

I mean, c'mon people, I'm not the only one, right? ...Right?
>>
>>47791289
Yep.
>>
>>47791304
Furry.
>>
>>47791304
...Guilty here too.
>>
File: 1427222498987.jpg (111 KB, 599x599) Image search: [Google]
1427222498987.jpg
111 KB, 599x599
>>47791304
>>
>>47791304
Oh man, I remember when I posted waifuing Callie Briggs and the thread slaughtered me. I mean, I'm giving her a regular human form post jump so whatever. Callie is no less of a waifu then Gardevoirs are.
>>
>>47790631
The erase card is also a good pickup from that setting, by by Scion hope you enjoyed existing.
>>
>>47791378
Double standards about in /jc/.

Waifuing walking corpses and demons is a-okay.
>>
>>47791402
Humans are just the lowest ranking of demon, you know.
>>
Any settings with good steam tech coming up?
>>
>>47791378
Y'know for all the pokewaiuing we hear about very few people waifu gardevoir from what i have seen in thread.

On that note jumpers what does your pokemon partner look like as a human? waifu or not. pic related.
>>
I wonder if the Titanfall jump will get an update after the sequel is released?
>>
File: 976.jpg (334 KB, 552x1000) Image search: [Google]
976.jpg
334 KB, 552x1000
>>47791448
That's an easy one!
>>
File: 80980989.jpg (76 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
80980989.jpg
76 KB, 512x512
>>47791448
>>
File: i11474414654.png (85 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
i11474414654.png
85 KB, 375x360
>>47791304
I was a villain who took the drawbacks "They're All Red Wires", "The ENFORCERS Can Handle This!!", and "Bad Hair Day".
So I spent most of the jump looking like a the hobo daughter of Doc Brown, rummaging through garbage dumps with other bargain bin villainous rejects who would shake their fist up at the utopian fascist police state of MegaKat City while yelling about how THEY were gonna CHANGE THE WORLD with their army of ROBOT MICE.

It was a weird way to ensure peace.

Anyway, not that I'm interested in that kind of thing...? But I wouldn't have been able to get a date with the Mayor's busboy, let alone THE Callie fucking Briggs. She was WAY out of my league.
>>
>>47791448
This would be my sister Nali, after Pokémon and PMD.

(trying to find a version without ears is an exercise in frustration).
>>
File: Aegislash wife.png (623 KB, 850x1158) Image search: [Google]
Aegislash wife.png
623 KB, 850x1158
>>47791448
Right after PMD?
Swiss Army Wife, form one go!
Now she's a bit more... numerous.
>>
File: iasip.jpg (204 KB, 440x640) Image search: [Google]
iasip.jpg
204 KB, 440x640
Had an idea based on the NWN 'Sequel' option and because of the 'looks like a bird' talk in thread earlier.

Considering maybe putting in an option to Sitcoms where instead of moving from one sitcom to the next as you travel you can instead stay in a single sitcom for its whole run and then get the standard options of go home, stay and continue jumping
alongside one that lets you go into a different sitcom.

Admittedly expands the jump to potentially be obscenely long but it wouldn't be the first time.
>>
>>47791448
I dont have a picture but he was an oddish beforehand. Now he is a 6 foot tall asian fellow, with red eyes, green hair with close cut sides, and he wears a white collared shirt with an oddish blue vest, slacks, and dress shoes.
>>
>>47791808
and my grammar is atrocious in that post, fuck.
>>
>>47791448
I have a pick and it's work safe but the last time I posted it people yelled at me.
>>
>>47791823
The world is so unfair to you, isn't it?
>>
>>47791823
That just makes some of us want to see it more. . .
>>
>>47791833
>>47791828
It's a diseased, cancerous, realistic looking Weezing.
>>
>>47791833
Don't. Trust me on this. Unless you have a thing for horrific deformation.
>>
>>47791833
Believe me, you don't.
>>
>>47791304
Waifu? no. Just didn't strike me as multiversal adventurer material.

Induce heat in, and screw like mad? You're getting closer.
>>
>>47791853
That sounds unpleasant.
>>
>>47791788
So... what exactly are the boundaries of "sitcom" here anyway? only live-action sitcoms? would The Flintstones be an option to visit? The Simpsons? Family Guy?
>>
>>47791788
What's the longest running sitcom?
>>
>>47791885
Hence why no one wants him to post it again, ever.
>>
>>47791853
I really like the sound of that, honestly.
>>
>>47791901
>>47791823
DO NOT POST!! THAT ALSO I SAID HUMAN FORM. Bancho I have little against you but most of us wouldn't fuck fem Nurgle and don't want to see that.
>>
>>47791828
the world is not supposed to be fair, But yes.
>>47791833
>>47791901
start a conjoined thread in /d/ and I will post her there.
>>
>>47791949
Fem Nurgle you say. . . hmmm
>>
>>47791949
Fuck those exclamations are in the wrong place, should be after that not post.
>>
File: BDFF_Agnès_Dark_Knight.png (286 KB, 684x881) Image search: [Google]
BDFF_Agnès_Dark_Knight.png
286 KB, 684x881
A question about Dragonlance.

What would a Type IV Bag of Holding cost?

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>47791967
>>47791949
well I wouldn't call her that, she's more along the lines of Shub-Niggurath, then fem Nurgle
>>
>>47791886
It's supposed to be live-action but potentially includes anything without too many outlandish elements. You'd probably get away with something like Bobs Burgers.

>>47791892
Googled it and it was Last of the Summer Wine which went on for 37 years. It's a British sitcom about old people.
>>
>>47792003
Didn't namefag for some reason.
>>
>>47791448
I can't really post a picture and do the avatar thing at the same time, but Vee looks like this:
http://41.media.tumblr.com/1acc359273bb431b26e7485ccf0ead6c/tumblr_n3uot1eKAF1s2i16to1_500.jpg

Well, except with a more varied sense of fashion.
He does tend to wear white, though.
He is bishounen as fuuuuuck.

>>47791892
Live Action? Google says it's a tie between Gunsmoke and Law & Order.

If we're including animated, though, then it's the Simpsons by a wide margin.
>>
>>47792023
>Google says it's a tie between Gunsmoke and Law & Order.

Neither of those are sitcoms.
>>
>>47792023
>http://41.media.tumblr.com/1acc359273bb431b26e7485ccf0ead6c/tumblr_n3uot1eKAF1s2i16to1_500.jpg

Drools.... he is gorgeous.
>>
File: Konaitcantbehelped.gif (413 KB, 293x130) Image search: [Google]
Konaitcantbehelped.gif
413 KB, 293x130
>>47792036
Look, I typed in "What's the longest running sitcom?" into Google and that's what it gave me. I can't help it if Google is retarded.

Look, just... here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest-running_scripted_U.S._primetime_television_series

Have this.
>>
>>47791952
Sorry, sarcasm doesn't transfer well over the Internet. You deserve all the shit you get in the thread.
>>
>>47792073
Not all scripted US primetime TV series are sitcoms.

Google may be retarded but that list doesn't really tell us anything.
>>
>>47792094
I would argue sarcasm doesn't travel well through the written word, period. But that's just nitpicking.
>>
>>47792121
Actually it does. You just have to click the links and check which ones are comedies.

Looks like the longest runner might be the Jack Bennie Program.
>>
>>47792121
You could also just go down the list until you get to the highest sitcom after clicking the sort button for whatever metric you prefer.
>>
File: image.png (259 KB, 806x685) Image search: [Google]
image.png
259 KB, 806x685
>>47791448
New chain

Monster Mash Chain

(repost with bigger picture)
>>
>>47792151
>>47792184

I'm not saying it's entirely irrelevant, just that it really doesn't help discern what the longest sitcom is as A) it's got a bunch of things on it that aren't sitcoms and B) it misses stuff out because it only shows stuff from US primetime.

The Jack Benny Program started on radio, ran for 15 years on TV and even including the amount of time it was on radio doesn't make it as long as Last of the Summer Wine. Also The Jack Benny programme apparently had portions that were song/play segments and so wouldn't really constitute a sitcom as such either.
>>
>>47792094
I expected as much but I try to imagine that that's my paranoia talking.
>>
>>47792151
Jack Bennie was a variety show.
>>
File: 1418355516198.png (2 MB, 999x1400) Image search: [Google]
1418355516198.png
2 MB, 999x1400
>>47789645
However, I have instead decided to go to Dragonlance as my tenth Jump.

8. GATE: Thus The JSDF Fought There

- Background: Drop-In
- Bloodstained Grin [Discount Drop-In] [900 left]
- Crimson Rage [Discount Drop-In] [700 left]
- Apostle [Discount Drop-In] [400 left]
- Magic [0 left]
- Move On

>"The living are... of no importance."

>"What are you doing with my head?"

>"Did you actually think that tickling me... world work? I feel... nothing."

9. Overlord (Games)

- Timeline: Overlord - Raising Hell
- "Age": 20 years old
- Background: Drop-In
- Intimidating Persona [900 left]
- Uplifting [800 left]
- Minion Affinity [Discount Drop-In] [500 left]
- Flag of the Overlord [Free]
- Ruined Tower [Free]
- Overlord Gear [Free]
- Spell Statue (Slow) [200 left]
- Basic Minions [Free]
- Stamina of a Warrior [100 left]
- Dark Diplomancy [0 left]
- Move On

>"Where am I going to... put all of this?"

>"I have a lot of things now."

>"Why do these things follow me? Are they afraid to upset me? I cannot be upset. Not anymore. Dolls do not cry, even if they suffer."
>>
>>47792280
>Gate
Attack Japan
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.